Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
I took my sweet girl up to San Jose today for one of her monthly doctors apts. I sat in road work traffic for a half n hour . I swear I was mentally flipping off all those workers standing around watching one guy work . You know what I'm talking about! I get to the apt (late) and I take out her portable wheel chair and it wont unfold. Somehow a piece on it got bent . I had to carry her 50 lb butt into the office. She doesn't help either. It's like carrying a heavy rock. I'll just look at it as my "weight workout" today!!!!!
This afternoon I took two of my boys to lunch and then Game Stop aka teenage boy holy land. We then had baseball practice and we are now home. The house is quiet because said boys insist on mastering new games as soon as humanly possible so they can go onto purchase their next insanely expensive game. It's a never ending cycle. I don't know what girls do but this is the life of a "gamer" boy . Gotta love those boys, I do!

I had a yummy UD (Chilis) and am not really looking forward to tomorrows DD. Oh well.

Have a nice evening everyone.

My Journal- Getting Real With Myself
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Brilliant date night scheming, and now I am REALLY craving a steak salad!

As for the water, can you make it one of your goals? That way, you'll really focus on it. I'd get one of those stainless steel water bottles (I have one that I use religiously), fill it up, and aim to have it finished by......when? Lunch? 2pm?

If you set it as an actual goal, you'll probably be more attentive to it. As for me, I'm just thirsty so I'm VERY attentive to it!
I think making it a goal will work for me. I am going to try it and I will report back in a week. If it worked/helped. Thanks for the suggestion .
Old 06-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Down Day wasn't too bad. I ate more protein today then normal and it helped keep me satisfied. I still didn't like how I felt at Kickboxing. Not as strong. Next Saturday I'm going to have MD and keep my UDs on MWF. I will definitly make sure I work out on that MD.

I did get all my water in . I just have to make a point of grabbing that water bottle and not a diet coke. Thanks again for the suggestions. I am using both of them.

My little guy has been pretty lonely this summer so I was trying to get him together with his cousins. I had him give his Auntie a call and after they spoke he gets off the phone and tells me " They can't come cause they got the chicken dots" Kids are priceless..

I forgot to write that the boy who my son got in the car accident with admitted to the insurance adjuster that he hit the car in front of him BEFORE my son hit him. Good for him for being truthful (must of learned that from his dad)! Since his mom was the one that filed a false report!

Good Night ALL
Old 06-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kare30bear
Stats: 5' 3": 201(16/17)/137.4(5/6)/120(?)
WOE: LC/JUDDD (6/20/12)
Start Date: LC 3/7/11; restarted LC 4/30/12; JUDDD 6/20/12
I have heard that eating more protein helps on DD, I need to try that out.

Awesome job with the water! It does get easier too, before you know it you won't even have to think about what to drink.

Kids are SO funny. Mine was asking her hair stylist if she had a car seat so she could bring her to her house to visit. She was having a great time today with that lady.

My oldest DD is also a video game FREAK! I've lost count of how many DS games she has, and it's NEVER enough. I just bought her one today in fact, when will I learn?!

UD for us both tomorrow, let's make it a good one!!
kare30bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:37 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Chicken dots! That's hilarious. Glad the other boy in the accident was honest; that's refreshing, and a good lesson for him, too. Have a great day!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Took my older boys paintballing today. Nothing boys like better than shooting each other with their mother's permision!

It was a wonderful, glorious UD . I enjoyed it .

I'm working on my last bottle of water for the day. Ya it's late, but I'm finishing it.

Oh and I lost another pound !
Old 06-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kare30bear View Post
I have heard that eating more protein helps on DD, I need to try that out.

Awesome job with the water! It does get easier too, before you know it you won't even have to think about what to drink.

Kids are SO funny. Mine was asking her hair stylist if she had a car seat so she could bring her to her house to visit. She was having a great time today with that lady.

My oldest DD is also a video game FREAK! I've lost count of how many DS games she has, and it's NEVER enough. I just bought her one today in fact, when will I learn?!

UD for us both tomorrow, let's make it a good one!!
Hey I would love to hang out with my hair stylist too! She's cool.

I finally started making my son buy his own games. He sure takes better care of them now that he's dropping his money on them!

Try the protein, it helped!
Old 07-01-2012, 05:05 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Congrats on the pound loss! Good for you!

As for paintball, my DS would love it!! He's only 11 though; is he too young? He has talked about it, but we're not really sure if it would be ok for him.

Have a great day, Tanya!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Just a quick check in tonight. Dinner and dishes are done and the family is just going to hang out and play a game . DD was ok, I didn't religously count my calories so I was a little higher than I should have been. I'm ok with that.
Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Congrats on the pound loss! Good for you!

As for paintball, my DS would love it!! He's only 11 though; is he too young? He has talked about it, but we're not really sure if it would be ok for him.

Have a great day, Tanya!
Thank you ! I think 11 is fine for paintball. Have him go with your husband and some buddies. That's what we did. DS got his friends together and their dads and they had a blast. -Be warned- it can be expensive. But once in awhile is fine with me. They have fun and are happy, so I'm happy .
Old 07-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Good job getting that water in. And congrats on another loss!

I should make my kids pay for their own games too, but I'm still trying to figure out a chore system for them to earn their own money so they no longer ask me for money.

Have a great night Tanya!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good job getting that water in. And congrats on another loss!

I should make my kids pay for their own games too, but I'm still trying to figure out a chore system for them to earn their own money so they no longer ask me for money.

Have a great night Tanya!
Money is a hard one. We never paid the older boys allowance. I wanted them to learn that we were family and everyone had to do their part. We just started giving an allowance to our little guy. He calls Sundays "payday" . The older boys are in 4-H and have learned to buget their money ie: pay for the pig, feed, bedding. They then take what profit they made (from the sale of the previous animal) put half in savings and the other half is theirs to spend with some guidence. My husband and brother are both contractors so the boys also work for them occasionaly. Which is good for them to see physical labor is hard! Hopefully it will keep them on track for college. Wow, I'll get off my soap box now. I didn't mean to go on and on .
Old 07-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Today is an UD . I UDs! I have errands to run and little guy has a baseball game. Kickboxing is a must tonight! I did not exercise all weekend. I discovered that I do not like to exercise at home. I get embarassed. My boys think it's funny, my sweet girl's nurse is around and I kind of feel vulnerable . I'm sweating and looking like a goofball all by myself. I would just rather sweat and look like a goofball in front of a group of semi strangers! I got to figure that one out. Maybe Wii games with the kids? That doesn't bother me. In fact we are very competitive when we play games.

I'll check in later. Everyone have a great day !
Old 07-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Got all my errands done and even planned out my weeks dinner menu!

Kickboxing was much easier tonight with it being an UD.

I need to make some fun plans for the kids. Summer is zooming by and school starts early here in Cali ( mid August) .

I have to get some sleep tonight. The dark circles around my eyes will thank me.
Night Everyone...
Old 07-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

My HS reunion is in (gulp) 11 days. I'm seeing a difference in my body especially around the muffin top area. I'm not exactly where I want to be but I'm better than I was before ! I hope to be down 15lbs by the time it rolls around. On my body 15lbs down is a clothes size down. That will help with my confidence .

I'm done with my Zumba today and now have to make wise food choices (DD).
Old 07-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

I hear ya on the fast summer, seems like it's almost already over. Stores are already stocking up for Back 2 School.

I had DD today too, luckily it wasn't so bad today, I wasn't hungry for once. Hope yours went well also.

I haven't been to any of my HS reunions yet, I wouldn't even know if one has been planned. Sounds nerve racking but I'm sure you will look great.

Hope you have a great 4th of July!!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

DD was hard today. I was really hungry tonight but I made it.

Tomorrow our whole family is going to run/walk a 5k. We have to get up early so I have to get to bed.

Have a wonderful 4th of July !!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

We had a long day. Had to get everyone out the door by 6:45 am so we could get to the 5k on time. The race was fun and something our family could do together. My DS17 ran and pushed (DD11)sweet girl's wheel chair. DS14 ran/walked/piggy backed DS7. My husband and I walked/jogged the course together. It's cool to make those family memories .
My oldest son will be away to college in a year and I just want to freeze time. His growing up years have just flown by...

Food today was out of control! Thank goodness it's a DD tomorrow.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

That sounds like the perfect day! Glad you all had a wonderful time.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

I overdid it today. I woke up soar from the 5k yesterday. I had Zumba this morning and then I took a Pilates class tonight. I that class. A friend of mine teaches it. She is an amazing teacher just too spendy for me to take more than one class a week.
DD was ok. I've been hungry on my DDs this last week, not sure why

Here's a picture of my family at the 5k. Which boy do you think is the oldest? There's a 3 year age difference !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 023.jpg (66.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 07-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maximoon
Stats: 165-170/155/151, 5'8"
WOE: No sugar, no flour diet
Start Date: April 2012
Hi Tanya,

Now it's my turn to post in your journal! I enjoyed reading through and getting to know you a bit.

You seem to be doing very well. I notice that those with the most success lately tend to be JUDDDers. I have thought about doing that lately. I am stuck in an extended stall, but I keep trying different things. Maybe I missed it in your journal, but how did you get introduced to JUDDD in the first place?

Also, you mentioned your older boys are in 4-H. That brought back memories for me. I used to show horses in 4-H through middle school and high school. It was a wonderful time for me. I grew up in a small, rural town in Michigan. Good times!!

Looking forward to joining you on your journey!

Jenna
Maximoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximoon View Post
Hi Tanya,

Now it's my turn to post in your journal! I enjoyed reading through and getting to know you a bit.

You seem to be doing very well. I notice that those with the most success lately tend to be JUDDDers. I have thought about doing that lately. I am stuck in an extended stall, but I keep trying different things. Maybe I missed it in your journal, but how did you get introduced to JUDDD in the first place?

Also, you mentioned your older boys are in 4-H. That brought back memories for me. I used to show horses in 4-H through middle school and high school. It was a wonderful time for me. I grew up in a small, rural town in Michigan. Good times!!

Looking forward to joining you on your journey!

Jenna
Hi Jenna,

Thanks for stopping by my journal !

I learned about JUDDD from this site years ago when it was under the "Other Plans". It didn't have it's own area like it does now. I thought those ladies were crazy when I first read about it . This is my second try with it and I have had more success this go around. I have stuck to my calories and have kept my exercise consistant. I'm a little nervous because I'm at a weight right now that I was at for years and my scale has not moved for several days.

I feel like I have done every diet under the sun, Lowcarb, WW, HCG....
I have to say that I dieting half the time with JUDDD .

If you do decide to try it, I'll root you on . It can't hurt to shake things up.

I never was in 4-H but I'm really glad that my boys are. It has taught them so many life skills and tons of responsibility. I think our youth these days need some of these traits.

I'm still trying to read all of your journal. I'll finish it soon.

Take Care...
Old 07-07-2012, 12:51 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Quick check in... I had great UD. I went on a three mile hike with two of my boys and my friend and two of her boys. We had alot of fun. I also had kickboxing. I only stayed half of the class because my husband took me to dinner and I had to get home in time to go. So it was an exercise day. I have to make sure I don't go overboard with exercise. In highschool I had problems with that. No eating disorders but I could get crazy with constantly exercising. Is there a disorder for that I don't know. I'll have to look that up tomorrow .

I'm getting tired. Got to get to bed.

Night everyone!
Old 07-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

What a lovely picture of your family Tanya, you all are beautiful and looks like you had a great time.

You are an exercise energizer bunny! I wish I had more motivation to get out and do more things in that area.

Happy to hear you're doing well.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Dang, I didn't post yesterday. I'm trying to do that everyday. So I did do a MD on Saturday. I just feel physically better when I have higher calories on my Kickboxing days (MWF). We will see how it affects my weight loss...
Today was a DD and I just tried to keep busy. I spent most of my day cleaning my messy room. Pretty sad that I'm not even close to being done . I have alot of people in and out of my house. My boys friends, several nurses, physical therapist the list goes on and on. My house is always clean and presentable but my bedroom is chaos! I just close the door My goal this week is to clean it. I mean really clean it. Organise paperwork, kids momentos, books, my horrible evil walk in closet .

I can also report that I am meeting my water goals yay!

I'm going to check journals and then get to bed.

Night everyone...
Old 07-08-2012, 11:59 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What a lovely picture of your family Tanya, you all are beautiful and looks like you had a great time. :u
You are an exercise energizer bunny! I wish I had more motivation to get out and do more things in that area.

Happy to hear you're doing well.
Karen,

Thank you for the kind words . You can get your exercise on, use that pool girl!
I don't know why but working out has always been easier for me than being good about what I am putting in my mouth. But I know to be successful I have to be "good" at both my food and my exercise. I'm working on it!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Good job on the water consumption!

I'm trying to minimize the clutter in our house too, our bedroom seems to be the area that receives the least amount of attention also. Good luck organizing, I'm sure you'll feel such relief once you get through it.

I find it helpful keeping busy on DDs too. Those days are easier to get the water in also.

Hope you're having a great Monday!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya,

It's funny, you mentioned that you are better at the exercise rather than the eating. I am the opposite, now that I think of it. I have always been that way. I am quite content with not exercising, and now that my weight loss has stalled a bit, I am motivated to get it going again. I am also working on it!

Cleaning/organizing is also a goal of mine. We have these little piles and junk drawers around our apartment. It is a challenge because we have downsized from a pretty big house into this little space. Luckily, my generous father-in-law lets us leave some stuff at his house in the garage and attic. Good luck with your project!

I hope that you have a super great Monday. Talk to you soon!

Hugs, Jenna
Old 07-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Grrrr! I just typed up a huge post and it disapeared .

What a day! My Sweet Girl (DD) had to be admitted to the hospital (an hour away from our house). She does have special needs and has problems with gaining weight. So over the years the docs will place a picc line (long term IV) to give her TPN. TPN is nutrition given through her blood. It bipasses her having to process food through her gut, which she has problems with (chronic diaherea) TMI I know ! So anyway, anytime she has a temp higher than 101 she has to be admitted to rule out a line infection ( she had 101.3 this am). This can take any where from 4 days if there is no infection or 2 weeks to treat an infection and that is if all goes well.
Sweet Girl has been in the hospital many times. We have been in the hospital for every holiday at one time or another over the years. Never her birthday though . It can be scary and it also can be just routine. It is ALWAYS stressful! It is hard to keep the family running smoothly when you are an hour away. Do you know what a house looks like when four guys are running things? There are no clean towels, dishes piled in the sink and the bathrooms are disgusting !
So please send up a for my little girl. Lets hope it's a 3 day stay! I actually think it will be.

Here's the little troublemaker 081.jpg In the family pic you couldn't see her very well.

Luckily it was an UD for me so I didn't have to stress about food. I have to figure something out for tomorrow!

Night Everyone...
Old 07-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya,

Your DD (daughter not down day) is SOOOO cute. Poor baby girl to go through so much so young. I will definitely send up prayers for her and your whole family. I can't even begin to imagine how stressful that must be to have a child with those challenges. I myself have faced some pretty serious health problems, but I would much rather do that than be in a situation where my child was often ill.

Best of luck with the eating situation. I know that when I am stressed it makes me want to eat WAY more than I should. Lucky people who can't eat when they are stressed!

Have a good night and please do keep us updated.

Hugs, Jenna