Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 04:40 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Woohoo! Great news.
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
I've had a sore throat the past couple of days and just kept up with my normal routine. This morning I went to Zumba and felt horrible.I should have left early but no I pushed myself to finish.
I weighed after yesterdays UD and still had lost a half a pound. I definitely think the exercise is helping that scale inch down consistantly .
A group of ladies I know from DS2's school will be meeting 3 mornings a week to walk a 3 mile loop at a local park. It should be fun to get together with them and then all of our kids can see each other and hang out.
Right now though, I just need to rest and probabaly go to the doctors. I don't think the lump on my neck is going to go away without meds .

Everyone have a great evening .

My Journal- Getting Real With Myself
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Woohoo! Great news.
Thanks Christine for your support.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Oh, I have to shout out I'm 179 now. A whole new decade!
Old 06-21-2012, 01:16 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

I had a horrible day . My 17 year old son got in a car accident. He was driving some boys to wrestling camp in the Bay Area in morning traffic. The car in front of him locked up their brakes and hit the car in front of them. Their car then ricoched back and then my son hit them. Got all that ?
The lady got out of the car and did not even ask if they were ok (I want to pop her for that ). She just started screaming at them. She tried to say my son hit her car which made her hit the car in front of them. Then she changed her story several times. One of the boys in our car was very level headed and got the information they needed and even called her on her changing stories. Come to find out her 17 year old son was driving. So of course she wants to put the full blame of the accident on my son (front and back damage).
We will see what happens. I'm just glad they are all ok. It could have been so much worse.
Needless to say I started feeling panicky and just wanted to eat! It's a good thing I was driving most of the afternoon. I had to take care of the car and put my hands on and hug my boy . Otherwise I would have probably camped out in my kitchen all day...

So with all that going on I did not get the doctors office. My throat is still hurting and now I even feel pressure/discomfort into my ear. I hope to get in tomorrow or I'll be on the sore throat diet. Which is when you don't eat anything because it hurts like a *%^& to swallow .

Count your blessings everyone. I know I am!
Old 06-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

I got to the doctors office today and I do have a throat infection and allergies (ear pressure problem). So I'm all medicated and hoping to feel better soon.

I spoke to the insurance adjuster and he told me they will be able to tell what happened with the accident. Apparantly there is a science to car damage. They can tell if you were rear ended and then pushed into another car or if you hit the car first and then hit from the back. The damage to the vehicle will be different. I didn't know that. I've never been in a accident (knocking on wood right now). That's enough of me rambling about things you probably already know. Basically the truth will come out!

No exercise today,yet. I have a ton of laundry to get caught up on and I guess I should plan something for dinner...
Old 06-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

I had a great day. I picked my DS1 up from wrestling camp. Went shopping and ate lunch at Togos. Anyone else have Togos? Love their sandwiches (it's an UD). Amazingly my son didn't complain about the shopping part. We even picked up his summer reading books. I'm sure he loved that part .

I'm feeling better after taking a few doses of my meds. I even went to Zumba tonight. I tried a short Kettlebell workout this morning. I really liked it. There's a place in Monterey that teaches classes. I'm thinking about it. I just don't want to add anything new to my schedule right now. My laundry is suffering as it is
Old 06-23-2012, 04:16 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG, Tanya!!! I'm so sorry to hear about the accident! I'm glad everyone is ok, but wow. What a scary experience for all of you, compounded by that woman!! I'm glad they'll be able to figure out what happened. Forensic investigation!

I'm glad you're feeling better, too.

My friend does the kettlebells and loves it! I hear you on the laundry, though. I haven't been working out this week, which means the laundry has actually been under control!

Hope you have a great weekend! And congrats on the new decade!
Old 06-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kare30bear
Stats: 5' 3": 201(16/17)/137.4(5/6)/120(?)
WOE: LC/JUDDD (6/20/12)
Start Date: LC 3/7/11; restarted LC 4/30/12; JUDDD 6/20/12
Just got caught up with your journal. You have had much success and come so far. WTG!!

My UD and DD are switched too, feel hungry on DD not on UD. Guess we sometimes want it when we can't and don't when we can.

Thank goodness for summer breaks, we have the option to sleep in if needed. I'm still waking up pretty early bc I hear DH leave for work.

Zumba sounds SO fun, I may buy the DVD for the Xbox since I live in a small town so we don't have many options for classes like that.

Goals keep you focused on something to strive for, it's a great idea to always have goals in mind.

Just Dance is SO fun! It's funny how you don't even realize how much you're moving around but it'll get you sweating, plus it has the added benefit of having fun with the family.

Sorry to hear about your son's accident. That must have been so stressful and horrifying to deal with. What a heartless person for not even asking if the boys were ok, some people have their priorities so messed up. Happy they are okay now, but that probably leaves some anxiety in your life.

We don't have Togos in our area, but I had gone to one LONG ago up in San Jose..YUM. We just have Subway, but I haven't eaten there in ages.

Hope you are feeling better, being sick is the pits, especially for moms. We don't really get a break from that stuff.
kare30bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG, Tanya!!! I'm so sorry to hear about the accident! I'm glad everyone is ok, but wow. What a scary experience for all of you, compounded by that woman!! I'm glad they'll be able to figure out what happened. Forensic investigation!

I'm glad you're feeling better, too.

My friend does the kettlebells and loves it! I hear you on the laundry, though. I haven't been working out this week, which means the laundry has actually been under control!

Hope you have a great weekend! And congrats on the new decade!
Thanks Christine. Now everytime he drives I'm nervous. Just like when he first started driving

That kettlebell workout smoked me. My legs are killing me today! I will definitely be doing it again
Old 06-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kare30bear View Post
Just got caught up with your journal. You have had much success and come so far. WTG!!

My UD and DD are switched too, feel hungry on DD not on UD. Guess we sometimes want it when we can't and don't when we can.

Thank goodness for summer breaks, we have the option to sleep in if needed. I'm still waking up pretty early bc I hear DH leave for work.

Zumba sounds SO fun, I may buy the DVD for the Xbox since I live in a small town so we don't have many options for classes like that.

Goals keep you focused on something to strive for, it's a great idea to always have goals in mind.

Just Dance is SO fun! It's funny how you don't even realize how much you're moving around but it'll get you sweating, plus it has the added benefit of having fun with the family.

Sorry to hear about your son's accident. That must have been so stressful and horrifying to deal with. What a heartless person for not even asking if the boys were ok, some people have their priorities so messed up. Happy they are okay now, but that probably leaves some anxiety in your life.

We don't have Togos in our area, but I had gone to one LONG ago up in San Jose..YUM. We just have Subway, but I haven't eaten there in ages.

Hope you are feeling better, being sick is the pits, especially for moms. We don't really get a break from that stuff.
Hi Karen,
Thanks so much for stopping by . Don't get me started on Zumba I love it! That class is what finally got me off my butt after years of sitting on it. Whatever works, right? My daughter starts summer school on Monday so no more sleeping in for me. She normally has to be on the bus around 6:50 . I have to confess I am not a morning person ...
Old 06-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Today I took my little guy to see Brave. He and his friend were not all that impressed Must have been too much girl power for them!

Speaking of girl power...Last nights class is normally Kickboxing. Only 2 of us showed so the teacher gave us the option of either Zumba or KB. We chose Zumba and 10 minutes into the class one of the KB guys shows up. He was so funny trying to Zumba. He kept saying my feet can't go this fast. But he was a total trooper and stayed for the whole class .

DD today. I wasn't super hungry but by this evening I felt so icky. It's passed it might have been the anitbiotic I took . Up Day Fun Day tomorrow!
Old 06-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

How funny, DH & I took the kids to see Brave tonight also (in 3D), they loved it (girls )...I liked it also (except for the 3D, it hurts my eyes a bit ).

That KB instructor sounds cool, I would have loved to see something like that.

Cool, we are on the same rotation. Today was my DD also and I cannot wait for UD tomorrow....SO many things to choose from.

Have a great UD!!
Old 06-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
How funny, DH & I took the kids to see Brave tonight also (in 3D), they loved it (girls )...I liked it also (except for the 3D, it hurts my eyes a bit ).

That KB instructor sounds cool, I would have loved to see something like that.

Cool, we are on the same rotation. Today was my DD also and I cannot wait for UD tomorrow....SO many things to choose from.

Have a great UD!!
3D gives me a headache! I can't watch them. I liked Brave too

Make sure you write down some of those things that your craving on DD's. I swear on UD's I can never think of what I want to eat .
Old 06-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

I'm not sure if it's TOM visiting or it's the antibiotic I'm taking but I feel so out of it (nauseous and weak). I ate a brownie for dessert and I didn't even finish it! Something is very wrong !

My husband was home today . That was nice, he has been working alot lately. We got some work done around the house and he was able to get the Suburban running (the car that was in the accident). It only cost $70-. We have liability on that car so the repairs are our responsibility. Now we just have to call some car wreckers and find a bumper. I'm just glad it didn't cost an arm and a leg .

I've got to get to bed , summer school comes early tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:26 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Writing down cravings sounds like a great idea, never thought about that.

That's great new about the truck repairs.

Hope you feel better today. TOM is lurking around my area too, not too bad of symptoms this time, but I do feel sluggish a bit.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Had a higher DD today, around 700 calories. I'm not stressed about it. I felt like I just needed to listen to my body.

My DS3 had a T-ball game. Those little guys are so cute. It makes me sad that he's growing up so fast. My two oldest are in highschool already . Where is the time going?

I had a nice surprise this morning on the scale. It went down after an up day! I have lost 10 lbs total today since June 4th. Not to bad...
Old 06-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Writing down cravings sounds like a great idea, never thought about that.

That's great new about the truck repairs.

Hope you feel better today. TOM is lurking around my area too, not too bad of symptoms this time, but I do feel sluggish a bit.
This TOM has kicked my butt! Slug is the perfect word. I am just so tired. Do you think it's JUDDD doing this?
Old 06-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats on the 10 lb loss! As for having no energy, it could be the lower calories combined with the impact of TOM. Take it easy today!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

They do grow up so fast. I can't believe my oldest is turning 12 this year...she's almost a teenager.

Funny, I was pondering that same idea last night. I felt more tired than usual so I am not sure if it's JUDDD or TOM. This morning I have body fatigue so it may be more due to TOM.

on the 10 lb loss so far! That is awesome for less than a month in.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Congrats on the 10 lb loss! As for having no energy, it could be the lower calories combined with the impact of TOM. Take it easy today!
Quote:
They do grow up so fast. I can't believe my oldest is turning 12 this year...she's almost a teenager.

Funny, I was pondering that same idea last night. I felt more tired than usual so I am not sure if it's JUDDD or TOM. This morning I have body fatigue so it may be more due to TOM.

on the 10 lb loss so far! That is awesome for less than a month in.
Thank you so much Ladies!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

I took my dear sweet Dad out for his belated Father's Day lunch at a local steak house. He and my mom have been staying with my older sister. She has lymphoma and is going through radiation treatment. We had a nice visit. My parents are pretty great. Anytime any of us need them, they are right there. My sister is stubburn and doesn't always take orders real well. Hence my parents moving in with her and her family! She's still calling me every other day to boss me around so I'm not too nervous yet. I think that is my way of denying this really cruddy situation.

I also went to Zumba this morning. It felt good to get some exercise in. I did that kettlebell workout Friday morning. I had Kickboxing/Zumba Friday night and then Zumba Saturday morning. I was a little sore Saturday morning from the kettlebell workout but on Sunday I could barely walk. My hamstrings were so tight that I had a hard time sitting down ! Monday was still bad. Today was the first day I could actually move around. After Zumba this morning the teacher asked me if I was ok . I guess I must have looked goofy, I'm still not totally up to speed.

My youngest son and I planted flowers this afternoon. We just enjoyed the afternoon/evening . It wasn't super hot but the sun was out. Where we live, during the summer, there are clouds when you wake up and clouds when you go to bed! The overcast won't clear until around 11-1 and then it comes back around 5. So when it's sunny you go out and enjoy it!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:31 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are an exercise queen!!! Good for you.

So sorry to hear about your sister; I hope her prognosis is good. You're right: If she's still bossing you, that's a good sign. Glad you got some quality time with your dad, too. I am envious of people who have reliable parents! But at least I know I am one myself and will be one for DS as he gets older.

Sounds like a lovely afternoon/evening out in the sunshine! We had a gorgeous day here, too, but soon it's going to be back to hot, hot, hot! Have a great day, Tanya!

PS. What did you eat at the steak house??? A steak salad sounds really good to me right now. I'd eat it for breakfast, no joke.

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
Old 06-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Great idea taking advantage of the sunshine. And that bonding time with DS is really important, I'm sure those are the days he will always cherish and remember, especially when he is older.

Sorry to hear about your sister's lymphoma, I hope she is doing well with the given circumstances, I bet that's hard to cope with mentally and physically.

You're kicking butt in the exercise dept!!

Have a great day Tanya!!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Goodmorning everyone! I normally am not a morning poster but I had to get my sweet girl on the bus (7:30) so I thought what the hay. Thank you so much for the warm wishes for my sister. She is 11 years older than me and can be like a second mama. She is very dear to me and I can't imagine life without her . I have to believe that she is going to make it through this. Ok, that's enough of the heavy stuff.

Water... I stink at drinking enough of it. I like to drink my cup of coffee in the morning than maybe an ice tea and throw in a diet soda or two. But I'm not great with the water. Any suggestions?

I'm going to try keep it at 500 calories today. I do have Kickboxing tonight so I will need to leave most of my calories for later in the day. I'm going to need some fuel .

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You are an exercise queen!!! Good for you.

So sorry to hear about your sister; I hope her prognosis is good. You're right: If she's still bossing you, that's a good sign. Glad you got some quality time with your dad, too. I am envious of people who have reliable parents! But at least I know I am one myself and will be one for DS as he gets older.

Sounds like a lovely afternoon/evening out in the sunshine! We had a gorgeous day here, too, but soon it's going to be back to hot, hot, hot! Have a great day, Tanya!

PS. What did you eat at the steak house??? A steak salad sounds really good to me right now. I'd eat it for breakfast, no joke.
I did have a steak salad and it was goooooood . Our family has never gone to that restaurant before. I told my husband that he has to try it. See how I cleverly worked that date night in
Old 06-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Brilliant date night scheming, and now I am REALLY craving a steak salad!

As for the water, can you make it one of your goals? That way, you'll really focus on it. I'd get one of those stainless steel water bottles (I have one that I use religiously), fill it up, and aim to have it finished by......when? Lunch? 2pm?

If you set it as an actual goal, you'll probably be more attentive to it. As for me, I'm just thirsty so I'm VERY attentive to it!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

I had the same problem with water so I came up with my own little "deal" with myself. I drink my coffee in the morning then go to water, I have to drink 1/2 my day's worth of water before I can have a flavored beverage (Crystal Light, Diet soda, or Green Tea, etc.) then I have to switch back to water until I reach my limit for the day (at least). So far it's working really well, I now drink more water than anything else. I haven't even been drinking soda lately (none in the house anyways), just some of DH's when we went to the movies last Friday.

VERY clever date night strategy! Note taken...SO using that!

Hope you had fun kickboxing tonight!
Old 06-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I had the same problem with water so I came up with my own little "deal" with myself. I drink my coffee in the morning then go to water, I have to drink 1/2 my day's worth of water before I can have a flavored beverage (Crystal Light, Diet soda, or Green Tea, etc.) then I have to switch back to water until I reach my limit for the day (at least). So far it's working really well, I now drink more water than anything else. I haven't even been drinking soda lately (none in the house anyways), just some of DH's when we went to the movies last Friday.

VERY clever date night strategy! Note taken...SO using that!

Hope you had fun kickboxing tonight!
I am going to try that. Thanks . I did have fun at kickboxing, I felt a little drained, probably because it was a DD. Do you exercise on your DDs?
I have to since KB/Zumba are classes. I'm seriously thinking about doing a MD so I can be on the same rotation every week. MWF are KB nights and are more strenous than the Zumba classes. I just don't think 500 calories is enough for me on those days. We will see.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Currently I have only been doing the P90x Ab RipX on my DD. It's only 16 min long and I burn approx 75-85 calories doing it, but I was trying to focus on that area lately. Then my UD are my more intense JM workout. I haven't thought about what I will do after I finish the Buns & Thighs, but I know I want to try the full P90x program when the kids go back to school around Sept.

I feel drained on DD too, I find it helps me if I keep busy though. Need to remember to schedule myself to be busy those days.