Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #541
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
I had a good day diet wise .I had a very frustrating day as a parent ! DS 18 is driving me crazy . I'm sooo lucky to have such a know it ALL son . Our conversation this afternoon has left me in a bad mood.

Boot camp today was tough but great.

Food Today~

B- coffee w/ hwc, quiche and blueberries

L- subway double chicken chopped salad with ranch dressing

S- handful of almonds

D- smothered chicken, cauliflower, LC coleslaw

I'm going to to veg in front of the tv and take the evening off. No mom duty for me tonight.

Tomorrow will be a better day....

My Journal- Getting Real With Myself
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #542
Senior LCF Member

I had a busy day with the kids. Miss Skye got her new wheelchair and as we were at her apt, DS15 was listening to music and drained the car battery, it was a long apt! So I had to deal with that and some other errands and then swim lessons for DS8 and getting DS15 to and from the gym and dinner....I'm too pooped to go to boot camp tonight. Which worries me because when I go back to work I have to go to the evening classes. I'm also not sure how I'm going to get the kids where they need to be for activities and dinner and homework... DH is not a help for me because he works far away and is not on a set schedule. With meetings, overtime and traffic he could be home at 5 and the next day it could be 7:30. ....I'm just venting.

Food Today~

B- coffee with HWC

L- salad w/ chicken and ice tea

S- LC tortilla w/PB

D- taco salad

I want a desert. I think I'm going to run to the store and get some jello.

Have a great evening everybody
Old 07-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #543
Senior LCF Member

I slept in today and it was marvelous! My friend and I caught the 12:00 BC class. Holly H*%# it hurt today! We did this rope thing weighted bats, medicine ball situps.....there was six stations of pain but I made it!

Some of my friends and I are getting together to talk about carpooling for this coming school year. I hope that it will all work out with scheduling in some workouts.

Food Today~

B- coffee w/HWC

L- LC tortilla w/pb and a handful of almonds/sunflower seeds

D- pot roast w/ roasted cauliflower and salad

Can't wait to hang with my hubby tonight

Goodnight everybody.....
Old 07-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #544
Senior LCF Member

Tonight I got super snacky. I did have jello creamsicle with dinner tonight. And then a LC ice cream bar AND then some pistachios .! What happen here? It just hit me out of the blue. Hopefully it won't cause too much damage...
Old 07-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #545
Senior LCF Member

Well, even with the extra food last night I lost 5 oz! I know it's the exercise. I'm 38 and to lose a couple ounces is frustratingly hard! I'm working out with police officers for godsakes AND low carbing and I bounce up and then down on the scale. BUT the scale is slowly going down and I am grateful for that. I've almost hit the 10 lb mark.

Food Today~

B- coffee w/ HWC, hb egg and some almonds

L- in-n-out burger protein style, diet coke

D- chicken, shrimp& steak plate w/veggies a couple spoonfuls of jello creamcicle

I just discovered Cherry Diet 7 up...it is quite fantastic!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #546
Senior LCF Member

It was a long, long day... I had boot camp, met a friend for lunch, took Skye to the dentist (not fun), took DS8 and DS15 to play/hang out with friend/girlfriend (so convenient that DS15's GF has a little brother too ) and then some errands. I'm now sacked out on the couch watching a really bad movie " The Incredible Burt Wonderstone"... I can't let my husband pick out the movies anymore

Food Today~

B- coffee w/HWC

L- *awesome*steak salad and ice tea

D- subway double chicken chopped salad and LC ice cream bar

I'm going to have to do some kind of exercise this weekend to keep that scale from bouncing!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:01 AM   #547
Senior LCF Member

I've been having some bad PMSy days...not fun
We're getting our house ready to have a going away party for DS18 this Saturday. Then on Sunday DH, DS18 and DS15 are driving to Mn to move DS18. DS8 and I will be flying
So I have a ton to do to get ready and I'm not feeling my best...

Food Today-

B- coffee w/HWC

L- grilled chicken and green salad

S- some almonds

D- chicken salad w/ LC tortilla and jello creamcicle

I actually "cheated" Saturday night and had 2 pieces of pizza. I did TTapp Hoedowns after and actually lost 2 oz the next morning This morning I was down another 6 oz and have now lost 10 lbs!!!! Yay me
Old 08-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #548
Senior LCF Member

I need to check back in here. I'm totally off plan. We had a going away party for DS18 on Saturday and then I and DS8 flew to Mn. The rest of my guys drove out.

No exercise and carbs make a bloated Tanya . I don't like it. I'm trying to make better choices. Tomorrow will be a new and better day....
Old 08-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #549
Senior LCF Member

Alright, I'm back. I need to be accountable and I just seem to do better when I'm checking in here.

The day after I got back from vacation on Miss Skye's Birthday, she ran a temp and had to go into the hospital. I also started work two days later and our bathroom is being remodeled. Very stressfull. She's been in the hospital every holiday except her BDay and Christmas Day. So we just had to cross that one off the list .... She is fine luckily it was a virus and not a blood infection.

DS 18 is gone now. I've been ok with him leaving but I did have a slight panic attack in Target when we were shopping for his dorm room. It really dawned on me that he was going to be living on his own. I hope that we've given him the tools he needs to be safe and successful.

I'm still doing Boot Camp, as a matter fact I went to class at 5:30 this morning With DS 15 going back to school (car pool), swim lessons for DS8 and the fair (4H) next week...I'm going to have to take the early class. I can't squeeze anything else into my afternoons.

My food is still off plan and I don't think I will be 100% next week but I'll be shooting for about 75....
I'll get back to it. That's why I'm here!
Old 08-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #550
Senior LCF Member

I went to workout this evening and I'm going to the 5:30 one tomorrow morning. I have a very hectic week and this is the only way I can get boot camp in....
Old 08-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #551
Senior LCF Member

This is a long tough week for me with the fair, work, kids school...on the upside I have no time to sit around and snack!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #552
Senior LCF Member

Fair week= Hell week. Last week I tried to recover. Still running around like a chicken with its head cut off! Tomorrow I'm having a procedure done to help with my heavy periods. I only took one day off for it. But I have a feeling I'm going to need another one. I was looking at the meds I have to take and the doc prescribed two days of pain medication. We will see... We also have another fair this week. Crazy area I live in has two fairs in two weeks

I went to Whole Foods and stocked up on some food that I will need to have on hand for a new way of eating I have been researching all summer. It's called Trim Healthy Mamas. I think I'm finally ready to try it out .
I will post my results/journey here...
Old 09-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #553
Senior LCF Member

My procedure went well. I was so doped up on meds that I slept the whole day once I got home. My DH had to do afternoon kid duty and my dad helped out too. Kind of makes me secretly roll my eyes that it takes two of them to do what one of me does everyday

No exercise or food restrictions today. Tomorrow I'll be off again and I'm going to make up some food for the week....

Hope everyone had a great day. Goodnight
Old 10-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #554
Senior LCF Member

Wow! It's been awhile since the last time I posted. Life is good right now, always busy, but good

I finally quit using Splenda and I'm dropping weight! Crazy... I have read that weight gain can be a side effect. I just noticed memory loss. I could not remember words. It was so frustrating. It took me a while, my coffee was the last thing that I used Splenda in but I am now free....and then boom the scale started going down. I'm now using liquid stevia and truvia in my teas and coffee.

I'm still doing boot camp for my workout and there is a difference in my body. First, I'm stronger! Also....my torso is trimmer, my arms are smaller and my hips and thighs are down by an inch each. I'm really beginning to like how I look, minus the stretch marks. I wish there was a magic cream or pill... Right
Old 02-06-2014, 11:00 PM   #555
Senior LCF Member

Hello LCF

I have been MIA. Incredibly I'm down on the scale. I actually lost weight during the holidays. In November I pinched a nerve in my neck and was out of work for over a month. I think the pain pill I was taking had something to do with my lack of appetite. I'm not complaining mind you . And even though I am maintaining the weight loss I'm really struggling with my sugar cravings. I am flat out, out of control!

My DH is on plan right now and I think I'm going to jump in with him. I love when we do this together.

Because of the pinched nerve I had, I haven't been back to Boot Camp. I'm having a hard time figuring out when I can go. The only class I really can make is the 5:30 am class . Can I confess that I really really hate getting up early? I will figure something out I'm sure. I do love the kettle bell, I'm thinking maybe a 6:30 am workout in my home instead of dragging my butt out of the house at 5:10 to drive to town to work out.

I will start posting my food tomorrow. I definitely need to see what I'm eating. Because it hasn't been pretty, let me tell ya!

Goodnight All....
Old 02-07-2014, 07:38 AM   #556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Low Carb Mommy
Stats: 175/118 /New wt. 153/123/115
WOE: Atkins & Watching Calories-Starting over
Start Date: September 2006/2014
Hi Tanya! Thanks for visiting my journal and encouraging me

Wow, doing Boot Camp with a pinched nerve! You are a trooper!! Nevertheless at 5:30 am! What?! You go girl!

Love that DH is doing this with you! It's amazing how much easier it is when everyone is on board.

Hope you have a great LC weekend! You can do this!!!
Low Carb Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:48 PM   #557
Senior LCF Member

Low Carb Mommy- Thanks for stopping by and leaving me words of encouragement! My DH is hard core when he is on plan...no cheating. So he is a big help to me when I'm not as focused as I should be. I do love boot camp but those 5:30 classes are a killer!

Today was a better day...not perfect but better

Food Today~

B- coffee w/HWC 1 1/2 truvia

L- Salad w/ranch & a hamburger w/ 1/2 the bun w/ ketchup & mustard, ice tea w/ 2 truvia

S- 3 prunes & a handful of nuts

D- Tri Tip, vegetables and a small side salad w/ ranch, diet coke

Not total low carb but better than last week when I ate a whole movie box of Reece's Pieces and a bag of Red Vines ALL by myself ! Which sent me into a total sugar binge. I'm not someone who usually has that kind of problem. So it was scary and frustrating to keep eating in such a destructive way day after day.
I feel more in control, which is a relief....

It is suppose to rain all weekend so I think we're going to do some inside house projects, Olympic cheering and of course... cleaning.

Goodnight All
Old 02-08-2014, 06:09 AM   #558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Low Carb Mommy
Stats: 175/118 /New wt. 153/123/115
WOE: Atkins & Watching Calories-Starting over
Start Date: September 2006/2014
You did great Tanya! I have to often remind myself of the destructive behavior I was in around Halloween. Candy after candy....it's hard to stop with just one but then you feel so horrible after. I love this way of living so much better. There's a world of difference in how I feel!

Happy House project tackling! Go team USA!
Low Carb Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:18 AM   #559
Senior LCF Member

We had a pretty kick back day today. Which sometimes is a needed thing. Life can get pretty hectic around here

My food wasn't too bad ~

B- coffee w/ HWC 1 1/2 truvia
Cheese stick, nuts & 3 "Ca. dried plums"
( I love how they're trying to change the image of the prune by calling them dried plums! Lol)

L-Leftover TriTip, diet cherry 7up

S- LC tortilla w/ PB

D- Skirt Steak and LC Cole slaw, ice tea, LC ice cream bar

I've been cheering on Team USA. I think it's making a huge difference for them :
Although, Bob Costas' infected eye is distracting me.... I think he should wear an eye patch. That would be awesome!

Low Carb Mommy- I feel so much better now that I've gotten control of the sugar. Trying to find alternatives can be challenging. I can't give up sweets completely, because my mind will rebel and that will be all I can think of!

Well, I think I'm done for tonight.

Goodnight everybody...sweet dreams.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:03 PM   #560
Senior LCF Member

I am checking in early today while I have the time.

I just noticed I'm down 20lbs !!! I weighed 174.6 this morning. I'm finally bellow one of my stubborn weight set points of 176. I was that weight for years. I have gone below that but I used pretty extreme diets (Kimkims & HCG) to do that and then gained that weight back plus more

I'm taking tomorrow off. Miss Skye has both Presidents Days off, I only get the 17th off at my work. So we will get to have some girl time tomorrow .

Food Today so far~

Late B- Coffee w/HWC and 1 1/2 truvia, Eggs, cheese and leftover steak

I'm off to get a mani and pedi. I have no drive to get anything done today. I might as well spoil myself
Old 02-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #561
Senior LCF Member

Not a great day . We've been having some issues with DS19 since mid December and today another incident....

Food Today-

B- Starbucks caramel brûlée latte, piece of banana bread

L- Starbucks ice tea w/lemon aid, 1/2 of a personal cheese Pizza from Pizza Hut

D-Subway Double chopped chicken salad w/ ranch, 4 dried plums

I just dropped right back into my old habits. Fast food has always been a problem for me. The salad wasn't so bad but I can get super duper out of control with Starbucks.

I just wanted to check in and be truthful with myself. Tomorrow I will do better.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #562
Senior LCF Member

Thank goodness I'm done with work today . Sometimes I feel like I'm working with children! I'm making it a better day. I'm still upset with my son's poor choices but I can't let them bring me down.

Food Today~

B- coffee w/ HWC & truvia

L- Salad w/ranch & chicken, 2 pineapple spears

D- taco salad w/LC tortilla bowel, dream cycle jello desert

I did a 20 minute KB work out this morning. It felt great
Got to keep focused....
Old 02-11-2014, 10:17 PM   #563
Senior LCF Member

Just wanted to hop back on and change what I had for dinner. I got home from carpooling and my husband was grilling chicken and Tri Tip. So I made mushrooms, asparagus and green beans w cheese

No dessert but I did drink 2 diet cherry 7ups.

I've got to get to bed. I have a very long day tomorrow.... Early meeting for my DS8 at school and then it's my early day at work plus it's 1/2 day at school for the kids and then DS8 has a basketball game tomorrow afternoon! Somewhere in there I need to do laundry make dinner and pick up the house . I'm tired already

Goodnight All
Old 02-12-2014, 09:54 PM   #564
Senior LCF Member

Soooo tired. I'm laying in bed already.

My food~

B- coffee w/HWC, pumpkin bake

L- salad, turkey wrap with cream cheese

D- taco salad, diet 7up

Last night was the first time I made pumpkin bake. DH really likes it I also made creamcycle jello I really like that

Well, I'm off to dream land. Another big day tomorrow....
Old 02-13-2014, 10:22 PM   #565
Senior LCF Member

Food today~

B- coffee w/ HWC

L- salad, ranch and chicken & ice tea

S- handful of nuts and 2 prunes

D- eggs w/ salsa, bacon & diet cherry 7up
Creamcycle jello

I think that I need to get a little more creative with my lunches. I've had the same salad like three times this week

Another busy day... All of the regular things plus a wheelchair apt for Skye. Her chair is not quite fitting her right so I'm hoping they can fix it. I had nothing planned for dinner and since we have a TON of eggs ( 7 laying hens in our coop) it was eggs and bacon for all. I need to find some new recipe ideas. I'm so sick of my own cooking

I'm getting up early to get in a kettle bell workout. I have to drive Skye up to the Bay Area for a doctors apt. And then rush home for my hair apt. Let me tell you I am looking forward to the weekend! It's definitely been a run around week

Goodnight everybody
Old 02-14-2014, 11:48 PM   #566
Senior LCF Member

Quick check in.

B- coffee w/HWC

L- LC tortilla w/PB, ice tea

D- in-n-out burger protein style cheeseburger, diet coke

DH and I don't really celebrate Valentine's day because our anniversary is at the end of the month. But we went out to a movie tonight. We saw Lone Survivor. It was a good movie. Very emotional, obviously the name is a big clue!

I'm so glad the weekend is here. This was a killer week...

Happy Valentines Day
Old 02-16-2014, 11:22 PM   #567
Senior LCF Member

I feel like my day got away from me. I look around the house and I don't see that I've got anything done I like to have my house clean, laundry done, groceries bought before my work week begins. Good thing I have tomorrow off

I was excited to see 173 on the scale yesterday and it stuck around for today's weigh in!

Food today~
B- egg, cheese on a piece of toast

L- cheese burger patty, creamcycle jello, diet cherry 7up

D- steak & mushrooms, asparagus, artichoke, ice tea

Confession time...those dang Girl Scouts got me again! I had ordered several boxes (before getting back on plan). I've ate about ten Tag Alongs cookies over the weekend.I don't usually over eat a particular food item but those type of cookies...I can and have ate a whole box by myself in one sitting. I put all the boxes in the freezer but it obviously hasn't completely stopped me. The one thing I am doing after eating them is TTapp Hoe downs which helps drop your blood sugar or so they say. When I've used this strategy in the past it has worked. I think they have something there

Time to get back to watching the Olympics. Good night everybody
Old 02-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #568
Senior LCF Member

Back to work tomorrow Well, at least it's a short week

Food Today~

B- coffee w/HWC

L- taco meat, cheese, olives & tomatoes, diet cherry 7up

D- meatball soup, diet cherry 7up and a LC fudge bar

DH and I worked in our backyard today. Which by the way is a nightmare. We're still not done but getting closer. Some time in the future, on a holiday weekend, we won't have these huge projects we have to finish.

I'm off to bed early tonight. Goodnight all.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:24 PM   #569
Senior LCF Member

Totally off the rails today In the past that would throw me off but tomorrow is a new day....
Old 02-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #570
Senior LCF Member

Better day today The GS cookies are definitely triggering over eating. So I had DS16 hide them from me... Pathetic, I know, but it's working.
Food Today-

B- coffee w/hwc

L- salad with teriyaki chicken and ice tea

S- handful of nuts

D- meatball soup and diet cherry 7up

I walked for 45 minutes during DS8's basketball practice. Lately I have been using my pressure cooker to make dinner. I love it! I can make delicious meals in no time My kind of gadget.

I've been reading about a diet called the 1:1:1 diet. I'm intrigued. I might try it. You basically eat a balanced protein, fat and carb at every meal and snack. I'm still reading....

Off to take a bath and relax. Goodnight everybody