Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/173/154
WOE: Low Carb
I was still feeling pretty horrible this morning and I decided to stay home from work. After I got the kids off to school, I did a TTapp workout and my PMS symptoms felt better right away. That workout for me, is amazing.

Food was really good today. I ate low carb, which is weird because I normally don't unless I'm on a LC plan. I'm trying to get DH to eat LC because his stomach just doesn't do well with carbs. The family will thank me and throw me a parade, if I'm successful

My Journal- Getting Real With Myself
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #512
Senior LCF Member

Boy, did I pay for taking that day off! One of my coworkers who works in the same room as I called in sick that day too. Apparently it didn't go well and the boss was unhappy with the other lady that works with us (did that make sense ). Then in typical female fashion it snowballed into other issues yesterday. I just want to get through the rest of the week quietly!

I got up early and did my TTapp, it helps me get through the day on week like this.

I'm shooting for natural foods today. I've never done that before. We will see how it works out.

Have a great day, everybody !
Old 04-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Eating natural/God made food is hard! I ate well but there was some salad dressing here and a Splenda there

Speaking of Splenda- I want to stop using it. I know that it's impeding my weight loss. I'm looking into a product called whey low. I've heard some good things about it. I don't like the taste of stevia and aspartame effects my memory. But I need sweetener in my coffee and sun tea.

So glad that its Friday tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the weekend and spending time with the kids and DH. DH is self employed and has been working alot and getting home late. Him being busy is great, but I miss him .

Off to bed...5:45am
Old 04-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #514
Senior LCF Member

Yay it's Friday !!!

I got up at 5:45 and did my TTapp. Still loving it. Wish I could report some new weight loss but it just seems to be the same 5 lbs over and over.

I ordered some whey low and am looking forward to throwing out my Splenda box!
DS18 is visiting colleges. He went to 2 in Missouri and is now in Mn. He's going to look at 3 there and 1 in Iowa. He only applied to 1 in Ca. and decided against going there. We were very proud of him that he was accepted to all of the colleges he applied to, about 20 of them.

Miss Skye is doing well and Little Guy is his normal spunky self.DS15 is driving me crazy with his HW. He stopped turning it in again! I could just scream
Back to hounding him again....

We have a carnival at little guy's school tomorrow and then off to Home Depote to get a big cabinet to store all of Skye's stuff in, so her room doesn't have to look like a hoarders paradise!

Have a great Friday night everyone
Old 04-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #515
Senior LCF Member

Just checking in....We had a terrific weekend . I needed that. Helps me get through the work week.

Food has been really good. I have taken three days off of TTapp but I will be back at it tomorrow.

I'm missing DS18. He's still visiting colleges. It was in the 80s at our house and it was snowing in Mn where he was.He was snow mobiling! We were laughing at that!

Hope everybody is doing well Goodnight!
Old 04-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
Hi Tanya! Sorry you are missing your boy!! My little one is 10 and he's going to middle school! So I can only imagine how stressed you might be! Awesome job on eating well! <3
Rebecca1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #517
Senior LCF Member

I woke up early to do my TTapp work out and I was just way to comfy in my bed! So I bargained with myself and came home after work and did it then before I had to pick up the kiddos from school.

Today I did not drink one diet soda! Yay me! I'm slowly working on changing these terrible habits that have ie: Splenda, diet sodas, too much caffeine..... I'm working on it

I do have a goal. We are going to visit DH's family in MN this summer. Every single one of my husband's female family members are fit and thin. I look enormous compared to them. Lets just say I especially hate the pictures we take on these visits . So I would like to be 2 sizes smaller by July. Well, really I would like to be 3 sizes smaller but I'm trying not be greedy

Hi Rebecca, Enjoy your time with your little guy. It goes so quick. Before you know it, you'll be the one writing about your son visiting colleges!

Well,that's it for now! Night everybody
Old 04-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #518
Senior LCF Member

What a long day. Sometimes when I get into bed at night and I think about the events of the day, I can't believe everything that went on over a 15 hr time period! Today has been one of those days and I still have my TTapp to do and all of the night time kid chores. I'm tired....

I'm trying to get DS18 ready for the prom while he is out of town. I had to pick out his GF's corsage, pay his part of the limo, buy the tickets. Sheesh~ I deserve something for this...maybe...I'll have him wash my house windows inside and out (I hate that job)

DS15 is officially trying to drive me crazy with his lackadaisical attitude towards school. If I'm not all over his business it's just not getting done. Please tell me I'm not the only one experiencing this

Friday, I have the day off because Miss Skye has a doctors apt in the Bay Area. I'm looking forward to hanging out with my girl

Well, I've got to get up and finish out my evening.

Good night Everybody
Old 04-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #519
Senior LCF Member

I had a great day I resisted food temptation and got in my workout. My house is clean and my favorite girl and I are hanging out tomorrow. I think we're going to go shopping after her Nuero apt. We will definitely hit up Joann's, Hobby Lobby and the book store. It will be a workout for me. Skye is 53lbs and her wheel chair is heavy so I'll be lifting some major weight getting her in and out of the car.
I'm going to cut this short tonight. I'm watching my guilty pleasure...Swamp People (love this show)!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #520
Senior LCF Member

I had fun with Miss Skye today. While its a life saver to have nursing like we do. I miss the alone time with her.
DS 18 comes home today, our little guy is missing him, not so much DS15 !
I really didn't eat much and by 2:00 my insides felt like they were shaking because all I had was coffee and tea.
My childhood BFF is in town from Boston this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing her. I'm trying to talk her into getting a tattoo with me. Her mom died two years ago and my sister died in September both of cancer. We want to get something to remember them by but we're both too scared of the pain

Hope you all have a great evening...Goodnight!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #521
Senior LCF Member

Hey Everybody
It's been a long and busy week. I've kind of fell off my TTapp wagon and I'm missing it, but I don't want to get up earlier. I just want the extra sleep! I'll get back to it this weekend.

I have been eating fantastic . A few of the ladies at work are cutting some things out of their diets. So it's been much much easier for me to do what I need to do and stay on plan.

My kids are getting ansy for school to be done and I know I'm ready for a break. Even Miss Skye seems to be at it (she's getting sick) and won't be going tomorrow.

It was a beautiful day here in my part of California and I'm going to get off the computer and enjoy the last bit of it outside.

Goodnight....
Old 05-06-2013, 03:25 AM   #522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
So glad to hear things are going well! Enjoy the beautiful weather!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #523
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everybody

I'm not sure why I took a break from my journal. Normally I do that when I'm off plan, but that was not the case this time things have been going well. I have slacked off on my TTapp but plan to get back to it after school/work is done. I've been taking an alfalfa supplement suggested by TTapp. Originally I started taking it for my skin and bloating but it also apparently helps with your hormones too. I actually didn't know that until I read more about it. I definitely love the slimming effect, the bloat is a thing of the past. Pretty amazing, I'm a believer!

Work was madness today. Out of the 6 ladies that work in our kitchen only myself and one other showed up today! It was us and 4 subs. It was crazy. So I am off to bed because it will probably be the same thing tomorrow and I'm going to need sleep to get through it .

I hope everyone is doing great. I'll be checking in tomorrow. Got to get back in the habit...

Goodnight
Old 06-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Wow! I've been gone for a while... I think I wrote the same thing in my last post

Life has finally slowed down a little bit which is nice. No school and no work makes a happy Tanya

I have changed things up a bit. I started going to a boot camp that works with your own body, kettle bells, weighted bats, bands.... The first week was horrible. I was walking around like an old lady. My co-worker talked me into going and I'm so glad that she did

I've been focusing on a more low carb approach to eating. I made a goal to cut half of my sugar consumption and what I've found is that we eat a s*^% load of sugar! I'm also down to one, let me repeat, one Splenda a day in my coffee. Cutting out Splenda was really difficult for me. Otherwise I found a liquid stevia that I can tolerate that I use in my sun tea.

So I'm still doing my thing. Still trying to find what works for me....

My kiddos are all doing well. My DS18 is out of the house this summer, he is working as a wrestling camp counselor. I do miss him but I think it's a good thing for our family. The fights in our home have practically disappeared. So it's time for him to learn what the real world is all about.
My other boys are enjoying summer vacation. Video games, friends, swimming...they're happy boys . Missy Skye is in summer school, which she loves. She's also been very healthy, which her mama loves.

Well, I hope everyone is doing well. I'm going to go lurk around and read some journals...

Goodnight All
Old 07-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #525
Senior LCF Member

I love summer I love not having to run around like a crazy person in the morning, getting kids ready for school, getting myself ready for work...it's stressful!

I'm having a procedure done to help with my heavy periods. I had to go in for a few tests and they took my blood pressure. It was high again. That's the second time in 3 months that my BP has been high and I've never had a problem with it before. So it's freaking me out. I know what my doctor is going to say. Something along the lines of....LOSE WEIGHT!!!

I have boot camp tomorrow. Every time I go, I'm a little bit scared. I just never know what they're going to make us do

Goodnight All
Old 07-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #526
Senior LCF Member

Boot camp is done We worked with these weighted bats. I can't remember the name of them. I was dripping sweat. It was embarrassing But at the same time I loved it. It feels good to work your body that way.

Food, food, food....I need to find a plan and stick to it. I have been reading "Trim Healthy Mamas". I like it....but there is just a ton of information (like 500 pages). My brain just wants to go on strike after a couple of chapters. I think I'm just a tad intimidated by the plan. I need to jump in and try it. I joined a FB group for it and there is plenty of encouragement and knowledge there, so there is no excuse for me

Tomorrow our family will be walking/running in a 5k. Skye did pretty well with it last year but about half way through DS18 had to run/push her wheelchair because she started getting fussy. She LOVED that. She's a undercover daredevil and loves things that go fast!

Hope you all have a great day
Old 07-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Welcome back Tanya! You are doing great so far. I love that you are sticking to an arduous boot camp plan -- everyone I know who has done that loves it and gets fantastic results.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #528
Senior LCF Member

America

Well, we had a change of plans today. We overslept this morning and did not make the 5k , we have been going to this event for 5 yrs now. I can not believe that we did that! So instead we took the whole family to breakfast and then to see Despicable Me 2 AND then we went bowling and played in the arcade. It was a lot of fun. Right now we're cooking dinner and then once its dark.... the boys will go out and blow up things

Such a great family day....

Hope you all had a great one too

Back to boot camp tomorrow
Old 07-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #529
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Welcome back Tanya! You are doing great so far. I love that you are sticking to an arduous boot camp plan -- everyone I know who has done that loves it and gets fantastic results.
Thank you so much GailyGail. It's always nice to read/hear encouragement. Bootcamp is scary, but awesome. If you haven't tried it you should I bet you would love it too.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #530
Senior LCF Member

The sun did not come out today in my neck of the woods . I hate that! I'm a sun baby....

I got my workout in. It hurt. Another thing to add to my hate list...planks... They are terrible and they hurt and I hate them. But apparently they're good for me

I have a huge to do list this summer. We're getting our house in order. It's been slow going but we are getting there. Tomorrow I'm strong arming my older boys into cleaning and packing up their rooms. With DS18 going off to college we're swapping their rooms around. Getting my older boys to work though can be challenging. That's why I waited until this weekend when my DH is home and he can just give them "the look" to get them moving .

Oh... I lost 2 oz. Yes, I know amazing ,but considering TOM is visiting...I'm happy it wasn't a gain.

Overall, it was a great day

Goodnight my Low Carb Friends
Old 07-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #531
Senior LCF Member

What a very LONG weekend. I got a lot done... weeding the garden, cleaning bathrooms, laundry, nagging kids , I am exhausted right now. I'm going to bed. Just wanted to check in. I didn't eat a lot but what I did eat was pretty carby. Well, tomorrow is a new day...

Sweet dreams everybody
Old 07-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Not much to say today. I'm going to boot camp tonight instead of my morning class. Normally there are more guys in the evenIng and I'm just not as comfortable I'm going to have to get used to it because once school/work starts that's the class I'm going to have to take.

I wish I could get in a stricter frame of mind with my diet. It's frustrating. I feel like I'm just in this vicious circle of no commitment, some commitment, commited wholehearted... Over and over...(the wholehearted part not as often)

Anyway, have a great evening everybody
Old 07-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #533
Senior LCF Member

I did sooooo good today! Is there a smiley face that shakes it's booty? Because if there isn't they need to create one. I'll use this one instead

Exercise~ I went to boot camp this morning. We had a different instructor. It was good to change it up. My legs are just aching tonight. I was cracking up inside because he was having us do these yoga poses to cool down and Metallica was just blaring in the room. Made me laugh

Food~ I ate like a low carb champ Maybe a little heavy on the almonds but they kept me sane.

B- coffee w/ HWC and egg frittata (we have seven egg layer hens so I always have tons of eggs)

L- salad with ham and cubed cheese and ranch dressing

S- almonds and ice tea

D- pot roast and cauliflowers with melted cheese

And lots of lemon water

DH came home last night and did not want what I had planned for dinner. He said " I told you I was starting low carb after the 4th of July weekend"
He can be so hard core when he is on plan but it really helps me focus and commit. I'm so glad he's back on plan. It helps me.

I have a big day tomorrow. Skye and DS15 both have physicals in the am and then Skye has an apt at Stanford in the afternoon also. So I will be running tomorrow!

Got to get to bed and get some sleep....

Night Everybody
Old 07-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #534
Senior LCF Member

Another good day diet wise But my head is killing me tonight.

B- Coffee w/HWC Fried Egg and Sausage

L- Salami and Almonds

D- Cheeseburger no bun and 1/2 avocado

I had a really busy day with all of the doctor apts so I didn't get a chance to eat much and I have no quick food options. I've got to get to the grocery store. Another thing to add to the list tomorrow....
Old 07-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Boot Camp today was as usual...tough I had a ton of errands to run and I did get stocked up on food. It does make it easier to stay on plan

Food Today~

B-2cups of coffee w/HWC

L- ABC Omelette (avocado, bacon, cheese), ice tea

S-handful of almonds

D- Taco Salad and a LC ice cream bar

I'm not sure why I bought the LC bars...but mine was delicious!

I weighed myself this morning and I've only lost one measly pound

I do have signs of progress~ the jeans I wore yesterday were loose around my waist, I had to put on a belt! I definitely can see a difference in my torso. I think the exercise is doing the trick ...

So I had a good day and I hope you all did too

Goodnight...
Old 07-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #536
Senior LCF Member

My little niece is spending the night with us tonight. Girls are so different than boys...
I love watching her boss my boys, even my older two. They're pretty great with her.

Another day of Boot Camp. I'm actually sore already. Normally I feel it the next morning. Today's class was tough and I had to take some Advil this evening

Food Today~

B- Coffee w/HWC. Hard Boiled Egg, LC tortilla w/ PB

L- In-N-Out Burger Protein Style, ice tea

D- MeatBalls w/ sauce, LC ice cream bar

My meals could have been cleaner but I did do HDs (TTapp move) after each meal. HDs help lower blood sugar levels. Lets hope they helped

I'm down about a pound this morning .
Old 07-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #537
Senior LCF Member

Hello Everybody

My weekend was ok...it's hard to stay on plan with parties. I did, but I didn't like it I'm not in love with LC. I just know how to do it. So when I need to tighten my belt its the plan I fall back on...it's working for now.

Got in my work out this morning but I was craving sweets today. ALL day!!! So annoying. I have to confess.... I did drink, not one but two diet cokes. Bad Tanya! I know that didn't help with the cravings. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.

B- coffee w/HWC 2 eggs & bacon

L- chicken salad w/LC tortilla

S- 1/2 LC tortilla w/ PB

D- salad and pulled pork w/taco seasoning

For desert- HWC and blueberries

Just way to much crap today (tortillas and diet cokes). It's funny because that's really not a bad day. No fast food, no chips, no cookies, no cake....so I need to remember that and not beat myself up over it...
Old 07-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #538
Senior LCF Member

I'm still on plan but I am soooo sick of cooking. I feel like that is all I do. Can you tell that I'm not in love with it ?

DH told me he can see that I'm getting smaller ! I have an hour glass figure. So it always takes forever for me to go down a size because I gain equally throughout my body and lose the same way. But it IS happening.

Food today~

B- coffee w/ HWC

L- burger patty, tomato, lettuce & ice tea

S- 1/2 low carb tortilla w/ PB

D- roasted chicken, broccoli & cucumbers stuffed with dip

dessert- LC fudge bar

Tomorrow is the last day of boot camp and then we get a break. Although I know the exercise has been key to the scale number inching down...
Old 07-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #539
Senior LCF Member

I'm down another pound And that's with me having two margaritas last night . I don't regret those two drinks though. Every Friday night DH and I go out for dinner and drinks. We talk about work, the kids, our plans and generally just reconnect after a busy week. DH works about two hours away so we don't have a ton of time together during the week. So,I'm going to have to find a diet friendly drink!

Food Yesterday~

B- coffees/hwc 2 eggs scrambled w/cheese

L- none

S- handful of almonds

D- steak salad w/ ranch, diet coke

Drinks- 2 margaritas

Food Today~

B- coffee w/ HWC and some left over steak from last nights dinner

L- none

S- handful of almonds and ice tea

D- cheese burger patty, half an avocado and ranch dressing another ice tea

I didn't eat a lot today or yesterday. I'm just not hungry I could have worse problems....
Old 07-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #540
Senior LCF Member

I had lunch with some of the ladies from work today. We had fun but it just reminded me that summer is coming to an end It's crazy how early school starts now .

Food Today~

B- coffee w/ HWC and 2 scrambled eggs

L- sausage and quiche, a mimosa

D- none

Back to boot camp tomorrow. I love it and hate it at the same time ! Oh, I lost 2 oz today. It's not much but with all the alcohol consumption this weekend. I'm thankful for the 2 oz loss today and the pound yesterday...