LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maximoon
Stats: 165-170/155/151, 5'8"
WOE: No sugar, no flour diet
Start Date: April 2012
Tanya!!! Hello my friend!!!

Just spent a few minutes getting caught up with ya. Sorry the kids and the soccer in particular are a challenge. I am glad that my DS did not do a fall sport this year other than some golf lessons here and there. We'll concentrate on something for the spring.

Interesting green tea idea. I've have to look into that. I've heard for so long that it does have a lot of healing properties.

Hopefully you are not TOOO sore today. Good for you for getting back into it. If I am brave enough, I may pick up the Shred today and do a more modified version just to get moving.

Have a great day!!!

Hugs, Jenna
Maximoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
This literally is the busiest week of the year for our family. Both of my older boys Bdays are 2 days apart (the 26th & the 28th) also my nephew the 24th and Halloween. All of the parties and dinners just throw me for a loop. I ate a lot and it's not looking good that we will have candy in the house. On top of all this DH, DS18 and I are going to Vegas for a wrestling tournament this coming weekend. The food fates are not being kind to me

Hi Jenna it is so good to see you back. I missed you

I've got to get to bed. There is another work week ahead of me.

Goodnight...

My Journal- Getting Real With Myself
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya!!! Good to hear what you are up to girl!

Have fun with your busy, busy week. Wow you have a lot going on. We are also on the run with my dad in town, Halloween, the State Fair, and various social engagements.

Post when ya can and I'll look forward to seeing what you are up to. You are in my thoughts.

Hugs to you,

Jenna
Old 10-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Hi all,

Just a quick check in. I had a good day of eating and some exercise with my "soccer boys". I'm a little scared to weigh because I've felt really good regarding my food lately and I don't want to be discouraged if I'm not encouraged by what I see on the scale! Know what I mean

Hi Jenna- how are you my friend? Hope your having a good time with your dad. You sound like your keeping busy with all of your guys....

I need to get some sleep...

Night

Last edited by skyesmom2002; 10-29-2012 at 09:44 PM..
Old 10-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Hi All,
I don't have much to write. I ran around this afternoon looking for Halloween stuff for my older boys. You know that I asked them weeks ago what they needed but no, they had to wait till the last minute!

So I made this ramen hamburger skillet dish tonight. All the boys liked it but I think it had way too much sodium in it. I feel my stomach bloating as I write . Darn can't weigh myself tomorrow

I have nursing news... We are getting our old nurse back (we had her for 6 years) !!! I'm so happy. The nurse we have M-W is an awesome nurse. Probably the best one we've ever had but she has the slight problem of NO SOCIAL SKILLS! She's bossing my kids, putting them down, telling me how to clean my house . I have had enough. Our old nurse who was out from a surgery (and then they reassigned to a different case) is like a grandma to my DS7. I'm just so relieved that my nurse roller coaster is done.

I hope everyone is doing well and don't let the Halloween candy get the best of you .

I'll check in tomorrow

Night Night
Old 10-31-2012, 07:38 AM   #396
Senior LCF Member

Morning Tanya!!! Happy Halloween!!! How is your crazy week going?

I totally understand about the sodium/bloating thing. I had some ribs with lots of bbq sauce on them the other day and blah, I felt yucky. MSG does the same thing to me.

GREAT NEWS that your former nurse is coming back!!!!!! I am so happy to hear this. I know this has been a challenge for you and your entire family. I'm sure it will be a smooth transition. Let us know how it goes.

Have a great and festive day, and I'lll check in with ya later.

Hugs to you---

Jenna
Old 10-31-2012, 09:09 AM   #397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
So glad to hear about your nurse! That's so reassuring!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya!!!

I have been thinking about you, wondering how your busy week is going and Halloween in particular. Did you and your family have fun? We had a good time although I'm glad it is over. Too bad the candy remains...

Did the new (old) nurse get started yet?

Take care, friend, and I will check in with you soon.

Hugs, Jenna
Old 11-03-2012, 08:35 AM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Thinking about you, friend. I hope your super busy week leads into a relaxing weekend!!! Talk to ya soon!

Hugs, Jenna
Old 11-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Hello Ladies,

We just got out of the movies and we're waiting for one if the kids parents to pick him up. It gives me some time to post. Oh btw we saw Wreck It Ralph. Very cute show.

My schedule has slowed down a bit. My soccer team only has two more games. I have enjoyed the kids but it has added a whole new level of stress and I will be relieved when it is over.

My coworker remarked that I look slimmer! That is always nice to hear .

I was suppose to go to Vegas this weekend with DS18 for a wrestling tournament. I'm not really into Vegas so I wasn't looking forward to it. I also didn't want to use up a babysitting weekend from my parents on that! My DH went with him. It's good for them to have guy time. I don't know if Vegas is the best place for that though . So I wasn't too upset when my work wouldn't give me Friday off. I want to plan a weekend trip with just my husband and I. That's when I'll ask for my parents to watch the kids !!!

I hope you all are having a great weekend.
I'm going to check on journals and see how your doing.

Ta ta for now
Old 11-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #401
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximoon View Post
Hi Tanya!!!

I have been thinking about you, wondering how your busy week is going and Halloween in particular. Did you and your family have fun? We had a good time although I'm glad it is over. Too bad the candy remains...

Did the new (old) nurse get started yet?

Take care, friend, and I will check in with you soon.

Hugs, Jenna
Halloween was fun. My DS15 went with friends to a popular neighborhood for trick or treat. My DS18 went with Hubby and I and little guy. After we were done he went to a friends house to watch scary movies. I know that next year DS18 will be away to college so it was very sweet that he hung out with his little brother. Some days I adore that kid . Our old nurse started back with us Halloween day which was great and she handed out candy for us so we could all go out together. Oh I forgot to mention that our house is under construction right now!!! We are finally adding two bedrooms in our garage, a "craft closet", bathroom and TV room. We will also be gutting both of our exsisting bathrooms putting new carpet in all the bedrooms and building a new garage (in stages of course). I'm so excited and it has been a long time coming. We are bursting out of this house. I'll just leave you with that image in your head

Last edited by skyesmom2002; 11-03-2012 at 05:31 PM..
Old 11-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Darn HWC! It has ruined me for all coffee creamers. I used to love Coffee Mates Pepermint Mocha flavor. I just used some and had to throw it out. It just tasted yuck to me!

I have house cleaning to do (as usual) and laundry and grocery shopping....
You get the picture. Got to get to work. Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya!

Glad that you had a great and festive Halloween.

I am up to the same thing as you are doing today: grocery, laundry, cleaning. BLAH. But it's gotta be done. I was so distracted and busy with my dad in town that I am WAY behind on the cleaning. That's my job while we are living with my FIL: housekeeper. Not my calling at all.

Have a wonderful day friend. Hope you can fit in a bit of relaxation too!

Talk to you later,

Hugs, Jenna
Old 11-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday Tanya! How did your day go? What were you up to? Inquiring minds want to know!

I hope you have a great start to your week whatever it brings.

Have a great night, girlfriend!

Hugs, Jenna
Old 11-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Dear Inquiring Minds

My day was long and busy. Morning routine, work, ran a few errands, picked up kids, talked with our contractor, went to soccer practice, made dinner, busted DS15's chops for not turning in 7, yes 7, history assignments, spoke to one of DS18's recruiters, now writing the longest sentence ever in this post .

Food has been steady the past couple of weeks. My good friend Tom is visiting. So I'm not weighing. I'm not going to push myself to add exercise classes until soccer season is done. I don't need one more thing to stress about. I actually might try a new place. One of my coworkers goes to a Place that does boot camp work outs and they use Kettlebells. I'm a little nervous about it but I like to challenge myself, so I know I'll end up doing it.

So, that's what's going on in my neck of the woods. Hope everything is going well with everybody else.

Goodnight
Old 11-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A friend of mine loves Kettlebell class! If you go, make sure you tell us how it is!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya,

Your new exercise options, the kettlebells and boot camps, sound interesting. It's great that you want to challenge yourself. I have a hard time doing that in the exercise area.

How are things with Skye? Glad to be back in the swing of things with the nurse? So happy for you that things have been resolved.

I hope things are good for you today. Oh, by the way, what are you up to for Thanksgiving? I just started getting my guest list figured out today...

Have a great one!!!

Hugs, Jenna
Old 11-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #408
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies,

It's weird that you ask about Skye. She was admitted to the hospital yesterday. With her piq line, when she has a temp over 101, in she goes. Doc said she will probably get to go home tomorrow. Nothing is growing in her blood cultures it looks like she has a virus. That's good news for us That sounds crazy huh ?

Our little guy had a psych evaluation today. He has an aide in class with him now. It makes me so sad to see him struggle like he does in class. Socially he is just a mess. I hope that this evaluation will gives us some direction. It seems like we're just floundering around here.

Thanksgiving is going to be hard this year. Because my sister always hosted the holiday and I hosted Christmas. We're going to have everyone at our house this year. I'm sure it's going to be difficult. I miss her.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #409
Senior LCF Member

We got Skye home tonight. I'm tired and will update tomorrow. Food wasn't bad, considering the craziness of the day.

Goodnight Everyone
Old 11-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #410
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya,

I have really been thinking about you, Skye, and your whole family since you told us that she was back in the hospital. So glad to hear that she is home though. It must be exhausting to go through that as much as you do. You guys are brave.

What else is going on? Glad to hear that your eating wasn't too crazy. Stress makes me go nuts. Of course, I haven't been particularly stressed lately and the eating is still yucky for the past two days...what's up with that?

What's the weather like out that way? It's cold (65) and rainy here, totally weird for Arizona. I LOVE it. Such a nice break from the usual thing. Puts me in a great fall mood.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I'm so sorry that things will be rough for you. I can't imagine how much it hurts to not have your sister around. I pray that you will have some peace despite the pain. Holidays are stressful enough without having lost a precious loved one.

Well, onward and upward. Hopefully you got some good rest yesterday. I will talk to ya soon!

Hugs, Jenna
Old 11-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad Skye is out of the hospital!!! What a rough year it has been for you; I hope you can find some peace soon!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya,

Thinking about you, friend...

Hopefully you were able to relax and recover a bit this weekend. How is Skye feeling? How are YOU feeling?

Take care and have a great start to your week. I'll check in with ya later.

Hugs, Jenna
Old 11-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Hello Ladies,

I'm sorry that I've been out of touch. This weekend we had soccer and a wedding and then the normal weekend chores. It was nice to have yesterday off. I slept in. It was wonderful !

Skye is doing fine. They did find something on her chest xray. So she is home on high doses of antibiotics. Which is not fun when it comes to diaper duty, let me tell ya . I'm just happy we are home because when she is in the hospital, it is an hour away from where we live. That makes things tricky!

One more week of soccer! I will miss those little boogers. My team has done awesome. They tied one game and won the rest! I'm the only female coach out there and I have to admit I get a thrill out of having a winning season .

Next week is Thanksgiving break and I need it. I hope to recharge and get back to my normal self.

My food has been stable, now I just need to add back the workouts. I'm going to commit to starting next week. I'll be reporting on it. More like whining probably

Hope you all are doing well. Thanks for the good wishes .

Old 11-15-2012, 07:38 AM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Just a quick check in. Last night was our last soccer practice.
I swear I feel less puffy right now. I should have weighed myself this morning! Tonight my BFF, her daughter, my big boys amd myself are going to watch Breaking Dawn 2. We have done this for each show. It should be fun and this time the show starts at 10 not midnight so I won't be crazy cranky at work tomorrow!
Got to get moving. Have a great day everybody
Old 11-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #415
Senior LCF Member

I'm so happy to be on Thanksgiving break . I'm a tired girl after all of the hoopla going on at our house. I am so looking forward to sleeping in .

We went to the Breaking Dawn movie last night. I thought they did a good job of it. It was a fun tradition to take my boys to ALL of the Tylight movies. That was our thing for like five years now.

So I weighed myself and as usual I'm at 176lbs. I can eat fast food three times a day or eat celery all day and my weight will stay right here. Unless I'm on a drastic diet I won't lose weight. I literally have only lost a significant amount of weight (30lbs each time) on two diets, ******* (bad I know) and HCG. They both made my hair fall out at an alarming rate and honestly I was miserable on both of them. I'm just frustrated with my lack of results and when I don't see any movement on the scale or my clothes getting looser I go off track. I'm not sure how to proceed. My body loves this weight but I don't! What should I do?
Old 11-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya,

Glad to be on Thanksgiving break (almost) too!!! Hope you get some great R&R.

I totally hear you about the weight quandry. I lost about 15 pounds doing extreme LC since April and got down to 148, now I am back up to 155, inching up and up since then. I feel the same way. I guess my body wants to be about that weight because although I have had some bad eating here and there, it hasn't been that bad to justify that gain. Maybe it's just going to require us to accept that way that our bodies want to be and be done with it. I don't know. Like you, I have a hard time doing that. I WANT to be 145, but I don't want to starve myself to do it, because my hair WILL fall out and I will feel like crapola. So there's the quandry---what do we do???

What I do know is that I am going to try to honestly ask myself when I FELT the best and then remember at what weight that was. If I think about it, I believe my own "sweet spot" is between 151-153 for me. I seem to have the least amount of worries and the most acceptance at this level. So I guess I just need to lose a couple of pounds and just forget about the unrealistic goal number of 145. Maybe you could ask yourself the same kinds of questions and see what you come up with??

I wish I had the answers, Tanya. But I do know that I'll support you in any way, whatever you decide to do. That's the beautiful thing about friendship, even between people who have never officially met before!

Let me know what you think and what you decide. I'll be thinking about you, sending good vibes your way.

Hugs, Jenna
Old 11-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #417
Senior LCF Member

Goodevening Everyone,

I need to check in. When I stay away to long I tend to get myself in trouble! Although, I'm doing well with my eating right now .
I'm convinced that this job of mine is sabotaging me! So far being home from work this week, I have not been stressing about food at all. I actually didn't eat until around 3:00 today. It's crazy.

I'm getting ready for my family to come for Thanksgiving and my older boys are really frustrating me with their lack of help. With our house being under construction I don't need their added mess.

I'm going to try to get Boot Camp tomorrow. But we do have our soccer party so hopefully I'll be able to make it.

Jenna- I wish I could be happy with the weight I'm at but I can't. I'm not at a healthy range. I have an easy 20lbs I could lose. That sounds wrong! They're definitely not easy to lose!!!!

Got to get going. "See"you all tomorrow
Old 11-21-2012, 06:59 AM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya,

Boy, girl, you got a lot going on!!! Hopefully your family picks up the slack and helps you out more. I know what you mean; sometimes I have to get after DH and DS too...

Sorry this is so short, but I did want to take the time to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!!!! I have been thinking about you, hoping that you are OK especially not having your sister with you all...

Take care, friend, and I will write more later!!!

Hugs, Jenna
Old 11-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #419
Senior LCF Member

Hello,

Today I ate a little more than I had been. I think I jinxed myself from the previous post!

I spent most of the day cleaning. I'm still not quite done. My boys just think I'm being unreasonable. Believe me, I'm not. The house is just a constant mess machine. I get one thing clean and then they're messing something else up! I finally sent DS7 to the movies with my dad. It helped

We had our party at every parents nightmare...Chuck E Cheese. They wanted to have it at the board walk so they could see the pretty girls! Their words not mine

My BFF just called to tell me she and her bro and nephews are coming three hours earlier than planned. I could just ring her neck right now!

Jenna- it is going to be very hard without my big Sis. Her husband is not coming which is not good for him nor us. It still feels like a dream to me. Especially when life gets busy. It's like my brain tricks me into thinking we just haven't talked in awhile. I will miss her bossing me in the kitchen and her advice that always started with "Honey...."

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Last edited by skyesmom2002; 11-21-2012 at 09:58 PM..
Old 11-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #420
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya,

First of all, how did your holiday go? I was thinking about you, sending good vibes your way...

I totally understand the thing about the fam making a big mess that I am always constantly cleaning up. It is so frustrating. Like you sometimes I have to send them away for a bit so that I can catch up. Yesterday DH had a huge mess and he spilled turkey juices all over the inside of my FIL's oven. Now I get to tackle that project today.

Ah, Chuckie Cheese. I hate that place. It's like Vegas for kids (I think I said that before ).

What else are you up to this weekend? We are just chilling and I am in the process of sending out more resumes. Hopefully something will break soon.

Take good care of yourself, friend. I will check in again soon.

Lots of hugs your way---Jenna