Old 05-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
~I Want Fat Ankles Part 2~

I Want Fat Ankles

Well, my old journal seemed to have bitten the dust so to speak... Guess thats what I get for being away for so long .. Good thing its still there cause all my recipes, etc are in it and I would have been very sad to see it go *poof*

Where to start? After my dad passed away, I went back to school and now am a LPN... Love love my job, although its very emotionally and physically draining..

Weight wise, I did really good for quite a long time... But too many trips to Cuba, too many mojito's, and just plain too much of everything, finds myself back here, and ready to return where I was once almost 2 years ago...

Atkins never really did much for me, so I was always tweaking it, so dont expect to really see a sane plan in the making.. I'm usually all over the board, but it works for me..

Oh, I just discovered we also have new smiley's... *small things amuse me* be fore-warned!

Off to fit day, and dust it off now also... I shall return in the am with a half-assed plan...

Last edited by cdn_gal; 05-30-2012 at 10:06 PM..
cdn_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
Daddy's Girl

Ack!! What a good way to start! I worked a double shift today...Tired, cranky, and hungry! What's new?....LOL Good day over all foodwise, not so good on the exercise (but I did walk all day so that should count for something)

I noticed something about nurses...They are always eating, and not so good foods...Lots of chocolate, candy, cookies, cakes...You know, the fast, sugar/energy rush kind of food...Something that I'm gonna have trouble being around in the next few days.. Once I get past 1 week, I'm home free.. (thats the stuborness in me I guess) Not really sure yet if thats a good thing, or a bad thing?

Anyways, my day went something like this:

Breakfast - Nothing (I know, I know)

Lunch - 2 celery stalks, w/a couple pork ribs roasted

Dinner - Pork Cutlett w/bacon, and a huge tossed green salad w/ my home-made shrimp dressing (a small amount of unsalted sunflower seeds tossed in)

Lots and lots of coffee... Zero water (u'll get used of seeing that)

Tomorrow will be a better day, as I'm back to my normal 8hr shifts.. I do 4 on, and 2 off.. Unless they are short staffed and I am feeling energetic... (or need the money to buy a new purse)

Cheers xD

Last edited by cdn_gal; 05-31-2012 at 11:54 PM..
Old 06-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_gal View Post
I Want Fat Ankles

Well, my old journal seemed to have bitten the dust so to speak... Guess thats what I get for being away for so long .. Good thing its still there cause all my recipes, etc are in it and I would have been very sad to see it go *poof*

Where to start? After my dad passed away, I went back to school and now am a LPN... Love love my job, although its very emotionally and physically draining..

Weight wise, I did really good for quite a long time... But too many trips to Cuba, too many mojito's, and just plain too much of everything, finds myself back here, and ready to return where I was once almost 2 years ago...

Atkins never really did much for me, so I was always tweaking it, so dont expect to really see a sane plan in the making.. I'm usually all over the board, but it works for me..

Oh, I just discovered we also have new smiley's... *small things amuse me* be fore-warned!

Off to fit day, and dust it off now also... I shall return in the am with a half-assed plan...

well hello stranger ( then I am ) how have you been ????

I have missed you girly!!

glad to see you posting again!!!!!!!!!!!!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
Daddy's Girl

Lisa! So nice to chat to you again...Like I said before, I have been lurking so I haven't been that far away! I'm doing good, other then this damn weight problem I have been struggling with all my life... Don't know about you, but I'm thinking I have been on some kind of diet for the past 35 yrs.. You would think I would be a pro by now!

Today is day 1 of 4 of work.. I am always on the 3-11 (evenings) shift, unless I pick up an extra along the way... Work is my happy place... Now if I can take the junk food out of the equation, I'd be a happy little camper... (junk food = work) I am preparing foods I can take with me, so I dont have to reach for the candy, cookies, cakes that always seem to be laying around the desk...

I am also returning to Cuba in November (go twice a year to keep my sanity) and would love to be where I was a year ago...(weight-wise) I sponser a family there, and have somehow managed to "adopt" a little Cuban girl named Melanie along with it.. She calls me her Canadian momma I cant wait to see her again, as she and her family are the highlight of my many trips...

Thats a picture of me and my lil Cuban girl last November..

Anyways...Today's plan goes like this

Breakfast~ Nothing (coffee w/splash of heavy cream)
Lunch~ Pork roasted ribs
Dinner~ BBQ'ed rib-eye steak when I get home from work
Snack~ taking meatballs to work with me if I need them, and 1 oat bran cookie (Dukan style)

Today is a protein day, as I alternate between protein days and protein/veggy days...

I also bought some crystal light peach ice tea mixes, to take to work with me, so I will try and get some of that into me as well...

Cheers! xD
Old 06-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Lisa! So nice to chat to you again...Like I said before, I have been lurking so I haven't been that far away! I'm doing good, other then this damn weight problem I have been struggling with all my life... Don't know about you, but I'm thinking I have been on some kind of diet for the past 35 yrs.. You would think I would be a pro by now!

Today is day 1 of 4 of work.. I am always on the 3-11 (evenings) shift, unless I pick up an extra along the way... Work is my happy place... Now if I can take the junk food out of the equation, I'd be a happy little camper... (junk food = work) I am preparing foods I can take with me, so I dont have to reach for the candy, cookies, cakes that always seem to be laying around the desk...

I am also returning to Cuba in November (go twice a year to keep my sanity) and would love to be where I was a year ago...(weight-wise) I sponser a family there, and have somehow managed to "adopt" a little Cuban girl named Melanie along with it.. She calls me her Canadian momma I cant wait to see her again, as she and her family are the highlight of my many trips...

Thats a picture of me and my lil Cuban girl last November..

Anyways...Today's plan goes like this

Breakfast~ Nothing (coffee w/splash of heavy cream)
Lunch~ Pork roasted ribs
Dinner~ BBQ'ed rib-eye steak when I get home from work
Snack~ taking meatballs to work with me if I need them, and 1 oat bran cookie (Dukan style)

Today is a protein day, as I alternate between protein days and protein/veggy days...

I also bought some crystal light peach ice tea mixes, to take to work with me, so I will try and get some of that into me as well...

Cheers! xD
I know what you mean about always being on a diet.. ugh.. and yes.. I should be a pro by now.. sad isn't it.. we know what to do.. but just don't do it..

she sure is a cutie.... I think thats just cool .. you can do it girly!!! I have no doubt!
Old 06-03-2012, 02:50 AM   #6
Daddy's Girl

Ughhh... Just wrote a long post, and it all disappeared... Short version is all went good, too tired to re-write... See ya tomorrow *yawns*
Old 06-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #7
Daddy's Girl

Yesterday:

Protein and Veggy day:

Breakfast ~ Nothing (coffee w/cream) So not a morning person

Lunch ~ Pork Steak w/ 2 stalks of celery

Dinner ~ Pork Steak w/ huge mixed green salad

Snack ~ Oatbran cookie

Water ~ NIL (get used of seeing this) (hate water)

Today:

Protein Day:

Breakfast ~ Nothing (coffee w/cream)

Lunch ~ Left over Pork steak

Dinner ~ BBQ'ed Rib Eye Steak

Water ~ NIL

Thursdays are weigh-in days... I tossed my scale last year, I was getting so obsessed with it, that what ever the scale said, dictated how my day was going to go.. I refuse to get into that scene again, so I weigh myself at work now once a week... I will not be a slave to the stupid scale!!

I also made myself some coconut bark last night, just for emergencies.. Dukan says no, but my mind and tummy say once in a while isn't going to kill me... (reminded you earlier that I never follow a strict WOE, it is always being tweaked to suit me so I stick with it)

One more day of work, and my rotation is done.. 2 days off, what to do, what to do?
Old 06-04-2012, 05:15 AM   #8

Gallery: TXLoser
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: January 2004
Lei

Nice to see you again!!
TXLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #10
Daddy's Girl

Hi chica's! Missed you both! Seems like its old homecoming week here!

Protein and veggy day:

Breakfast ~ NIL (I'm gonna stop posting breaky cause I never have it) coffee w/cream, the usual

Lunch ~ Left over steak, celery stalks

Dinner ~ Chicken wings, broccoli

Snack ~ Oatbran cookie, assorted mixed raw veggies (taking to work with me)

Water ~ NIL (gonna stop posting this too, unless I actually break down and drink some crystal light)

Exercise ~ crunches, and 20 minutes treadmill (jogging/walking alternates)

How I love Fridays!!! I need to figure out how to put music on my treadmill...I can plug it into my computer, but that would mean having a 25' cord running through the house... There's also a spot where you can plug in your ipod, so I'm thinking thats the route to go.. (its brand new, so still not used of all the bells and whistles on it)

I need to be 150lbs again by November, when I go back to Cuba... That gives me approx. 5 months to get my **** together, and get with the program... I think its do-able, just gotta keep on trucking in the right direction...

My inspiration... My favorite place ever!

Last edited by cdn_gal; 06-04-2012 at 12:59 PM..
Old 06-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Hi chica's! Missed you both! Seems like its old homecoming week here!

Protein and veggy day:

Breakfast ~ NIL (I'm gonna stop posting breaky cause I never have it) coffee w/cream, the usual

Lunch ~ Left over steak, celery stalks

Dinner ~ Chicken wings, broccoli

Snack ~ Oatbran cookie, assorted mixed raw veggies (taking to work with me)

Water ~ NIL (gonna stop posting this too, unless I actually break down and drink some crystal light)

Exercise ~ crunches, and 20 minutes treadmill (jogging/walking alternates)

How I love Fridays!!! I need to figure out how to put music on my treadmill...I can plug it into my computer, but that would mean having a 25' cord running through the house... There's also a spot where you can plug in your ipod, so I'm thinking thats the route to go.. (its brand new, so still not used of all the bells and whistles on it)

I need to be 150lbs again by November, when I go back to Cuba... That gives me approx. 5 months to get my **** together, and get with the program... I think its do-able, just gotta keep on trucking in the right direction...

My inspiration... My favorite place ever!
Still don't like water huh..:P...

I have my days as well..lol.. but I'm drinking more and more now days..since I bought my new fridg with the crushed ice..hhehehee..

I think your goal is very doable!! and I KNOW you can do it!!

time for beddy bye..
Old 06-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #12
Daddy's Girl

Protein Day:

Made a meatloaf last night before bed, and grazed on it all day...
Snack was oatmeal cookie...

Exercise consisted of programming a "ritual" into the treadmill..
half hour of walking/jogging, at 5% incline...Go me!

Day off, and didn't accomplish anything..IN fact, I showered and re-jammied.. Thats about it...

Tomorrow will be better...
Old 06-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #13

Quote:
Protein Day:

Made a meatloaf last night before bed, and grazed on it all day...
Snack was oatmeal cookie...

Exercise consisted of programming a "ritual" into the treadmill..
half hour of walking/jogging, at 5% incline...Go me!

Day off, and didn't accomplish anything..IN fact, I showered and re-jammied.. Thats about it...

Tomorrow will be better...
sounds like a great day to me :P
Old 06-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #14
Daddy's Girl

Protein/Veggy day:

coffee w/cream

Lunch ~ Left over meatloaf, celery stalks, baby cucumbers

Dinner ~ Lrg mixed green salad, baked chicken (made a huge pan full for snacks)

Snack ~ Oatbran cookie

Exercise ~ half hour walking/jogging programmed into treadmill as of yesterday

Tomorrow is weigh-in day..If anything, I'm a lot more healthier then I was a week ago! Not stressing, keep on truckin'... One thing I have noticed in the past year is, menopause is rearing its ugly head! I only get TOM about once every 3 months now, no hot flashes as of yet.. One thing I am not looking forward to.. I'm hoping the horror stories of trying to lose weight at this point, is really hard, are not true in my case... Gosh its fun getting old! NOT!

Today is a work in the yard kind of day.. Lawns to mow, flowers to water, paper garbage to burn, and some weed eating... The sun is shining, though not very warm out there yet...Makes me think of Cuba, and makes me miss it even more.. 5 more months and I will be in heaven again...
Old 06-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Protein/Veggy day:

coffee w/cream

Lunch ~ Left over meatloaf, celery stalks, baby cucumbers

Dinner ~ Lrg mixed green salad, baked chicken (made a huge pan full for snacks)

Snack ~ Oatbran cookie

Exercise ~ half hour walking/jogging programmed into treadmill as of yesterday

Tomorrow is weigh-in day..If anything, I'm a lot more healthier then I was a week ago! Not stressing, keep on truckin'... One thing I have noticed in the past year is, menopause is rearing its ugly head! I only get TOM about once every 3 months now, no hot flashes as of yet.. One thing I am not looking forward to.. I'm hoping the horror stories of trying to lose weight at this point, is really hard, are not true in my case... Gosh its fun getting old! NOT!

Today is a work in the yard kind of day.. Lawns to mow, flowers to water, paper garbage to burn, and some weed eating... The sun is shining, though not very warm out there yet...Makes me think of Cuba, and makes me miss it even more.. 5 more months and I will be in heaven again...
about menopause.. same here.. or if I do have one.. its real light,... then the 3rd month very heavy for a day and a half.. then done..:/ .. now as far as hot flashes.. I get hot and cold during the night.. nothing like my friend described it.. all sweaty.. but I feel like I should be all sweaty..lol..if the hubs touches me any where bare.. its like his hand is on fire.... and I'm like .."don't touch me I'm HOT".... we have to use separate blankets now,,, cause I am throwing mine on and off all through the night..

everyone says its kind of early for me.. just turned 44.... maybe its because I am a biggin..... a really BIG Biggin.... anywho..

hope we both get through it fast!!!.. Tom can just go away and never come back as far as I am concerned lol
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 06-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #16
Daddy's Girl

Agreed Lisa! I been waiting a long time for this to come! No more TOM would be a blessing.. I'm not doing the hot flash thing, yet... My mom said I may never, might be one of the lucky ones... Now that would be nice... Only thing about menopause is, I now have to admit that I'm actually getting older.. Now thats the sucky part.. I dont wanna get old

Protein Day:

coffee w/cream

I still have left over meatloaf, and the chicken that I baked.. I will be grazing on and off on that all day... Love these days as I dont have to cook!

Snack ~ Oatbran cookie

Exercise ~ None, other then all the walking I will be doing at work in about 2 hours.. My legs are killing me from putting the incline up on the treadmill the past few days... Ouch...

Today is my first day back to work, for 4 days, then off for 2.. Repeat if needed
Old 06-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Agreed Lisa! I been waiting a long time for this to come! No more TOM would be a blessing.. I'm not doing the hot flash thing, yet... My mom said I may never, might be one of the lucky ones... Now that would be nice... Only thing about menopause is, I now have to admit that I'm actually getting older.. Now thats the sucky part.. I dont wanna get old

Protein Day:

coffee w/cream

I still have left over meatloaf, and the chicken that I baked.. I will be grazing on and off on that all day... Love these days as I dont have to cook!

Snack ~ Oatbran cookie

Exercise ~ None, other then all the walking I will be doing at work in about 2 hours.. My legs are killing me from putting the incline up on the treadmill the past few days... Ouch...

Today is my first day back to work, for 4 days, then off for 2.. Repeat if needed
me either.. but if we take care of ourselves.. we wont FEEL old..lol.. I don't think..
Old 06-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

There's menopause symptoms? (That's what my gramma once said)
Old 06-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #19
Daddy's Girl

Tired...what more can I say? Work has been horridly busy the past 2 days, and one of my favorite patients passed away at 6 am this morning.. I love love love my job, but this part never gets any easier...I am now on 2 days off, so I will have more time to come and jot some stuff down...

Totally on plan, but I cant even remember what I ate for lunch today, let alone 2 days ago.. Will be back tomorrow to carry on where I left off.. Gotta go to bed before I fall asleep sitting here and have a big L on my head from the keyboard when I wake up...
Old 06-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Tired...what more can I say? Work has been horridly busy the past 2 days, and one of my favorite patients passed away at 6 am this morning.. I love love love my job, but this part never gets any easier...I am now on 2 days off, so I will have more time to come and jot some stuff down...

Totally on plan, but I cant even remember what I ate for lunch today, let alone 2 days ago.. Will be back tomorrow to carry on where I left off.. Gotta go to bed before I fall asleep sitting here and have a big L on my head from the keyboard when I wake up...
Sorry to hear you lost your friend/patient. As an ex CNA working in the nursing home I know just how sad that can be.

Are you not bar tending anymore at the restaurant?
Old 06-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #21

Quote:

.. so sorry Lei.. .. I don't think I could do your job.... just shows how strong you are

enjoy your 2 days off..
Old 06-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #22
Daddy's Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine21463 View Post
Sorry to hear you lost your friend/patient. As an ex CNA working in the nursing home I know just how sad that can be.

Are you not bar tending anymore at the restaurant?
Oh god no!! I went back to school for 2 years after my dad passed away, and now am an LPN... Amazing huh?? LOL I also work in a nursing home, but mostly dementia/palliative people... Love love my job, should have done it years ago!!

Totally still on plan...I forget about coming here everyday (its that age thing) My menu's are pretty boring anyways, as you have seen so far... Just alternating between the 2 days, nothing ever changes that way...

Been busy working in the yard.. I have just under an acre of property, that has never really been landscaped before... Sooo, a hot tub should be in by the end of the month (just have to get a cement pad laid down for it first) then I can go from there... Dont ask me what comes next, cause so far I'm just playing it by ear.. Whatever fancies me that weekend I guess...LOL I'm tired of mowing lawns, so hopefully most of that will turn into something else.. Ohhh, and I've always wanted a fish pond.. Dont ask me why, cause the birds will probably just feast on them anyways.. I'm just tired of looking out my back patio, and seeing nothing but grass.. (and a shed) want color, and something pretty to look at!! Will keep looking for things on the internet, and try to come up with some sort of plan

Other then that, life is great!! After all, I woke up this morning!!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

That's great! I have often thought about going back to school but I just can't get past thinking about the stresses of nursing. I was a CNA for years and years, even was going to school part-time for LPN in the hopes of moving up to RN later. But I got so burned out as a CNA that I dropped the whole idea altogether and decided I just didn't want any part of it anymore so I stopped. Now I do my own thing and that's okay with me
Old 08-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tette
Stats: 253/228/198
WOE: south beach
Start Date: feb/2013
Ha I found you! Guess we are both back ha ha ha that would be funny if it wasnt so sad
Glad to see you here again my friend.
tette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #25
Daddy's Girl

LOL Liz!! Have to laugh, and carry on... Nice to see you too my friend! Tell Ron I said hello, and I'm sure we'll chat soon!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #26

Soo Lei.. how are you doing girly??? well I home
Old 08-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #27
Daddy's Girl

Doing good darlin'... working my butt off and dont have time for much else.. I am landscaping my back yard, not sure if you remember or not, but I wanted to put in a fish pond a couple years back, and am now in the process of doing so.. Also put it a few flower gardens, repainted all the buildings, and deciding whats next.. Along with that, working full time.. I really need a holiday!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #28

Quote:
Doing good darlin'... working my butt off and dont have time for much else.. I am landscaping my back yard, not sure if you remember or not, but I wanted to put in a fish pond a couple years back, and am now in the process of doing so.. Also put it a few flower gardens, repainted all the buildings, and deciding whats next.. Along with that, working full time.. I really need a holiday!
WOW! you are busy.. I hope when your all done , you will post some pics .. I would love to see what you did

hows your nutrition?? still watching it?
Old 08-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #29
Daddy's Girl

Yup, I sure am Lisa... I am leaving for Cuba in 94 days again, and I must be able to fit this body in a bathing suit, so u can bet I am watching it! Its been so hot here that I am having no problem sticking to plan.. Too hot to eat at the best of times...

I will definately take some pics when I am all done... The pond should be put in by next week (the ground is mostly shale, so its taking a long time digging the area for it) Today is kind of a relaxing day (my first day off of 2) so not getting much accomplished..
Old 08-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #30

Quote:
Yup, I sure am Lisa... I am leaving for Cuba in 94 days again, and I must be able to fit this body in a bathing suit, so u can bet I am watching it! Its been so hot here that I am having no problem sticking to plan.. Too hot to eat at the best of times...

I will definately take some pics when I am all done... The pond should be put in by next week (the ground is mostly shale, so its taking a long time digging the area for it) Today is kind of a relaxing day (my first day off of 2) so not getting much accomplished..
WELL WE ALL DESERVE A RELAXING DAY EVERY NOW AND THEN .. ENJOY!!