Old 05-15-2012, 06:10 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Barefoot Billy
Stats: 340/265/225
WOE: CKD/Anabolic
Start Date: August 2011
Barefoot Billy's Log

Today is Tuesday, May 15th, 2012.

As of today I have managed to get in the gym twice in the past two days (which is a total of 6 times this calender year). My game plan is to get in as often as possible for the next 4 weeks and go from there. My workout will be the same everyday and it's very much a conditioning workout that should be relatively easy and quick so as to not get discouraged. Here's the workout:

Deadlift 135lbs
Military press (standing) 95lbs
Bent over barbell row 95lbs
Squats 135lbs
Farmer's walk 50-60lbs

All movements so far are just 2 sets of 6 reps. Farmer's walk is one lap around the gym with dumbells.

That's it. Nothing fancy, nothing special. I just need something I don't have to over think right now and train myself to get in the gym on a regular basis. I plan on using these exercises for at least the next four weeks. If I need to add volume or weight at a later date I'll worry about it when I get there.
Barefoot Billy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 06:24 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

I'm a big supplement guy (stems from my bodybuilding/powerlifting youth as well as former management stints at Smoothie King and GNC) so I thought I'd post my supplement regimen for the next month.

Base products (these never change)
Multivitamins x2
Fish Oil (triple strength) 6-18/day
Vit C 1-2g
Vit E 800-1200IU
Calcium/Mag/Vit D x2
Protein Shakes

Weight loss stack Compound 20
Firestorm
GE Pharma FireStorm
Alpha lipoic Acid
TT-33
iForce Nutrition TT-33

RTDs will be Labrada Lean Body
Labrada*Lean Body Ready-To-Drink Shake
Protein Bars will be Quest
Quest Low Carb Gluten Free Protein Bars
Old 05-15-2012, 06:34 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

My diet will remain the same during this phase.
I utilize The Anabolic Diet by Dr. Mauro DiPasquale

Also marketed as the Metabolic Diet. It's essentially a cyclic ketogenic diet (CKD) that prescribes low carb eating (20-30 g/day) for 5-6 days followed by a carb load (or cheat day as I like to call it) of 12-48 hours.
I've had success with this eating plan in the past and it's brought me to where I am now. I rebooted in Sept of 2011 after reaching my all time heaviest weight of 340lbs. By Jan I was down to 300. But my results have stagnated. From Jan until now I was only down 5 additional pounds to my current 295. (hence the big push to drop some weight and bust that plateau)

I find that this way of eating works really well for me in that I never have to say "no" to a particular food. I just have to say "not yet" and wait until my carb load. I lost that first forty by eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's every weekend. Also I've noticed in the past it's easy for me to maintain my weight on this plan even when I'm not watching carbs or calories particularly closely.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Thought some pics would be helpful:
Here I am last summer at my heaviest

Here's a pic of me at my peak (2003, 24 years old, 220lbs at 10%Bf)

I think at this point in my life it's unrealistic to get back to where I was, but hopefully the journey will bring me somewhere in the ball park.
My current long term goal is to live at 240lbs. Which is 100lbs. less than when I started and 20lbs more than the B&W photo. I think I would be very happy with that. Currently I'm 55lbs away. (an interesting side note: I've told my wife that I'll shave my beard when I reach my goal weight)

Last edited by Barefoot Billy; 05-15-2012 at 06:42 AM..
Old 05-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 259/230/190
WOE: Zone/Paleo'ish
Start Date: December 2011
Ahhhh....the Beast in his prime.
blakeiscoolandhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:52 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Managed to talk myself out of talking myself out of the gym on Wed. Three days in a row. Hit the local Open Mic last night and had 3 Captain and Diet's. Probably need to pare that down to one or two next time around as EtOH just turns to sugar.
Here's hoping I can make it in today (Thursday). I've got the alarm set, but I haven't been to bed yet so we'll see what happens.
Starting to feel sore from the workouts, but such light weight should be fine for me. Supplement schedule is decent and my meals have be good.
Heading into this work week it'll be interesting how my body reacts.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:21 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Quick update: As of this morning I'm at 290lbs. that's halfway to my goal of 240. Workouts are not as consistent as I would like, but more consistent than I thought it would be. Still doing the same program and likely will until the first part of August.
Took a week off of the diet in early June when my family came to town to visit and will likely do the same when I go to Seattle for a week in August. Other than that I've been steady with the eating plan. Haven't been back on the fat burning supplements since the family visit so dropping that few pounds without them was nice. Not sure if I'm ready to jump back on them now or wait until after vacation. We'll see.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Took another week off the diet the beginning of August for a family Vacation out to Seattle. Enjoyed all the fresh produce and variations on clam chowder. Before I left I was at 288lbs and I'm right back to 288lbs as of today after a couple of weeks being back on the low carb wagon.
I've been increasing my poundage in my weight training sessions so I've bumped up my protein a bit. Still feeling that I need to incorporate some cardio work to kick start my weight loss, but I'm procrastinating on it because I hate cardio work. Nonetheless it will have to happen eventually.
My journey started a year ago and I'm down 52lbs with 48 to go. I was hoping to achieve my goal by now, but I've come to realize that while I'm dieting I'm not gaining.
Two steps forward one step back is still progress. In the past every time I've reached a weight loss goal I've immediately began putting it back on. So maybe the slow and steady route is the way to go for me.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:37 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

I've been completely stalled out in terms of weight loss since last post. So it's time to take it to the next level. I'm having my first session with a personal trainer tomorrow. Let's hope this will be the key to kick starting my losses.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

My trainer is absolutely kicking my butt. That's a good thing. We've been doing 30min sessions twice a week with an eye to bumping up to 3x week in the future.
It's been awesome having someone to hold me accountable in terms of effort, attendance, and appropriate rest periods between sets.
If this continues I believe it's quite reasonable for me to be down to 270-275 by the time I travel back home for Xmas. Nothing quite like impending holiday family photos to keep a fellow on the straight and narrow.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:49 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Lifting is going well. Diet is mediocre at best. Still stuck at the same weight, but gearing up for a four week run I'm calling "Fitness Feb". I'll hit cardio every day, lift at least 3 times a week and take no cheat days from the diet. I'll also start a fat burner. I'm hoping to drop about 15-20 lbs. during this time period.

BTW yesterday I worked out with 315 on Deadlift for the first time in years. Feels good to be strong again.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

So begins Fitness February. My one month journey to get crazy on diet and exercise. The plan is one hour of cardio per day and lifting on days that I don't work the night before. First day of cardio was an hour on the elliptical. Can't remember when the last time I did an hour of cardio, but gonna repeat that action in the morning as soon as I get off work.
My Magic Bullet blender took a crap, so I'm going to have to get a new one come Monday. Other than that set back it's a strong start.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Two weeks in I'm down 7lbs and 3% BF. Haven't missed a day of cardio yet. Had one day that I only got in 50min, but I made up for it the next day by doing an hour and ten min.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:06 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

An hour of cardio a day is a pain in the butt, but it's working. Down to 279 as of this morning. 17lbs down for Fitness Feb. Trying to knock out those last 3lbs in the last 3days. Won't be easy, but it will be worth it!
Old 03-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Weighed in at 275 before my carb load this weekend. 35lbs away from my goal. Had a kick ass leg workout on Sat and can barely move now. Feeling strong and weak at the same time.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

It's been awhile since my last check in. Down to 265. Not dropping as quickly as I'd like, but considering I'm going through a divorce at least I'm not moving backwards. 25lbs away from my primary goal of 240. (225 is my vanity weight). We'll see how long it takes me to get there.