Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #1711
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
I have the same problem....too much crap!

You are lucky to have Tony! DH is awful to try to get rid of stuff...complains about it all...but when it comes down to it, won't throw it out! Grrrrrr.....

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 05:55 AM   #1712
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
So true!!! I'm a pretty good purger and don't keep a whole lot, but I do have those "you never know when I might need this" moments! My friend read this interesting book about the link between clutter and weight: Basically, clutter stresses you in ways you don't even know and influences your ability to lose weight. Interesting idea!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:05 AM   #1713
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
I am like you Amber... I have sooo much stuff. I didn't realize this until we packed up my house a few months back. We threw lots away but we still have a storage
Old 01-08-2013, 06:18 AM   #1714
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
It's a great feeling to purge and get rid of all the accumulated crap, isn't it?
My problem is I get carried away and start getting rid of everything!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #1715

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Atkins meatlloaf orgassam in a bowl my fav so far! Cleaning out is good i need to get rid of more stuff
Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #1716
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
LOL @ "______ in a bowl" -- love it. You make me laugh, Amber.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #1717
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
So true!!! I'm a pretty good purger and don't keep a whole lot, but I do have those "you never know when I might need this" moments! My friend read this interesting book about the link between clutter and weight: Basically, clutter stresses you in ways you don't even know and influences your ability to lose weight. Interesting idea!
I read that book a while ago. It's called something like does this stuff make me look big/fat? Wish I could remember the author. Very good insights in there.

Have a great day, ladies....

Hugs
Old 01-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #1718
Major LCF Poster!

Found it. Peter Walsh is the author. Does this Clutter Make my Butt Look Fat? I found it at my library.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #1719

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Sceamimg: That explains it!!!

I have tons of crap! Another good reason to red it out!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #1720

Kitty only we will know what red out means, LOL!!!!!

I agree I think being uber organized makes you feel in control like over everything, if you ever watch Hoarders that is extreme!!! There is always some serious underlying thing that made them become that way! For me I never like clutter out, but its my cupboards and I hide the stuff so it looks like I am organized but you open a cupboard and could be killed, LOL!!!

Another thing, my boss is having us read What to Say when you talk to yourself, by Shad Helmstetter, OMG it is a really great book, I see so much in there about weight loss, etc, I recommend you read it, we have a book discussion every morning, and here this one customer came in and saw it and said his wife died and he was terrified he would have a heart attack and leave his son without any parents, and 18 months after she died he had a heart attack, its all about what you say and throw out into the universe, and how to speak kinder to yourself! It is a good book, and she gives us points to shop on line for doing it!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #1721
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL @ cupboards and getting killed.

OMG YES!!!! I agree the tounge is a powerful weapon and a lot of people often underestimate the power of the tounge.

I may need to pick up that book. Can I have your boss? She sounds like heaven! Shopping points... online. she is a keeper.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #1722

You have an awesome boss!

Haha on killer cupboards! I have those! May find a burgler unconscious under one some day! LOL

Seriously need to red up the basement soon!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #1723
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Kitty only we will know what red out means, LOL!!!!!

I agree I think being uber organized makes you feel in control like over everything, if you ever watch Hoarders that is extreme!!! There is always some serious underlying thing that made them become that way! For me I never like clutter out, but its my cupboards and I hide the stuff so it looks like I am organized but you open a cupboard and could be killed, LOL!!!

Another thing, my boss is having us read What to Say when you talk to yourself, by Shad Helmstetter, OMG it is a really great book, I see so much in there about weight loss, etc, I recommend you read it, we have a book discussion every morning, and here this one customer came in and saw it and said his wife died and he was terrified he would have a heart attack and leave his son without any parents, and 18 months after she died he had a heart attack, its all about what you say and throw out into the universe, and how to speak kinder to yourself! It is a good book, and she gives us points to shop on line for doing it!
Wow, this is so true. I am going to a counsellor to help me with grief and he says I am telling myself things that are making me miserable. It is unbelieveable and so endless. I wasn't even aware of how I make myself so upset all the time!

I'll have to check out that book.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #1724
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Your boss sounds amazing and that book sounds GREAT. Yes, lucky me in Canada. I also have killer cupboards and closets
Old 01-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #1725

Honestly girls the book is worth getting and reading, it has really good points to help with all things you might be going through, my boss is one of the most positive people I know, so like when I am complaning about this one system at work I hate, she says, you are great at that, you did that perfectly, after I mucked it all up, and really it makes you feel better about a lot! She says a little thing when she wakes up, I am happy, I am healthy, and today is going to be a great day she says that over and over while she brushes her teeth, LOL

If you wake up and say, I am a fat slob, I can't lose weight, nothing works for me, I will never lose this weight, I will never get to goal---how likely do you think you are to do something positive that day to help you?

Where as you wake up and say today I am going to feed my body healthy things, I am beautiful, I am going to stick to my food plan, I only eat til I am full, I see myself at the finish line.

Which voice would you want in your head? Just like on here we all mess up, but would we say to each other, geez you are loser what is wrong with you that you cant stick to a plan? I would never say that to someone on here, but yet I will say it to myself!!!! All that negative self talk works against us!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:37 AM   #1726
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm going to check it out! So great that your boss is having you read it and that you're talking about it!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:34 AM   #1727
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber, that book sounds great and it's so true that what we tell ourselves is so powerful.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #1728
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
I agree one hundred percent that positive self Talk and feeling good about your life/ clutter all go together. I have killer cupboards and attics here. I have been trying to weed out stuff a little at a time. .
Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #1729
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Honestly girls the book is worth getting and reading, it has really good points to help with all things you might be going through, my boss is one of the most positive people I know, so like when I am complaning about this one system at work I hate, she says, you are great at that, you did that perfectly, after I mucked it all up, and really it makes you feel better about a lot! She says a little thing when she wakes up, I am happy, I am healthy, and today is going to be a great day she says that over and over while she brushes her teeth, LOL

If you wake up and say, I am a fat slob, I can't lose weight, nothing works for me, I will never lose this weight, I will never get to goal---how likely do you think you are to do something positive that day to help you?

Where as you wake up and say today I am going to feed my body healthy things, I am beautiful, I am going to stick to my food plan, I only eat til I am full, I see myself at the finish line.

Which voice would you want in your head? Just like on here we all mess up, but would we say to each other, geez you are loser what is wrong with you that you cant stick to a plan? I would never say that to someone on here, but yet I will say it to myself!!!! All that negative self talk works against us!
Great post, Amber
We really should start our day that way....telling ourselves how wonderful we are and how well we will treat our bodies.

Hugs
Old 01-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #1730
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Your boss really does sound lovely, I'm jealous. No, I don't have a boss but still, what a great way to instill positivity into people she surrounds herself with..

No clutter here. Drives me INSANE. Right now my garage is in a bit of disarray because DH went rummaging around looking for video gaming stuff and it's driving me bonkers every time I go down there! I like clean lines and openness... I just can't handle mess. I can't even watch those hoarding shows cause it gives me anxiety DH tells me I'd be a good therapist for a show like that, I said, nope cause I'd probably die of a heart attack first

Glad the packing is going well, and Tony sounds like a very patient man!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 01-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #1731
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
I'll have to read that book, it sounds interesting. Sounds similar to "The Secret" - the idea that everything around you is a direct result of your thoughts and how you have to think positively and expect nothing less than what you want.
The boss sounds amazing. What a difference to where you were a year ago!

Cindy- Canada isn't that bad!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #1732
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good reminder regarding positive self-talk...I am working on incorporating these into my routine.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #1733
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

I LOVE THIS!!! I will be incorporating this into my daily routine.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #1734
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Amber, I just ordered What to Say When You Talk To Yourself on Amazon! Thank you for the recommendation. I am really excited to read it. I need some good advice.

Some astrology advice for those of you who may be interested:
Scorpios are having a tough month but will find a way to prevail ultimately. They just need to have more patience.
Virgos are going to have a good month -- astrologers are saying it is our best month of 2013 for getting things done. We are very influential over the next four weeks.
Leos will have a great month for career prospects.
Geminis need to watch their purse strings -- just cut back a bit.
Capricorns, this is a good time for self-improvement.

If you want a quick update on any other sign, just let me know! xo -- Gail
Old 01-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #1735
Major LCF Poster!

What about Aries?

Thanks.......
Old 01-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #1736

Gail- woman I was like where the heck are you? I was about ready to send you a note on Facebook!

I am telling you the book is awesome, it will make you think!! Kristyn yes it is very much like the Secret, same concept what you throw out in the universe controls what happens, I catch myself saying stuff to Robert, when he says are we going to get this house, I say imagine waking up at 3 Taylor in your green room that you want, and it really redirects him so I think it works, they say the best time to practice self talk is right when you wake, to have a card with a few positive things and say them as soon as you open your eyes!

GOt my hair cut I actually had her cut a bunch I need low maintenance with this move and long commute coming, so she put this adorable braid in the front, but I sleep like squirrels nesting so I am sure it wont last til morning!

Had the Atkins tex mex scramble, OMG so good, I think now that is my fav and I ate it for lunch and was not starving a few hours later, eggs are magical! They really seem to keep me feeling full! I think that is now my favorite one followed by meatloaf and then the chicken with pan gravy!

Tony is gone to NY so I am alone yeah, except I just got home at 9:00 LOL I had 2 spiders in the house, WTH? I am so afraid of spiders but I killed them I couldnt bear the thought of them creeping around me! LOL

I have not weighed I better see a good result on Friday!!!! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I will see a great number on the scale on Friday because I am sticking to my food plan."
Old 01-10-2013, 03:14 AM   #1737

My braid semi survived now the rest of my head???????????I will have to do something with it this morning, but we will see!!!

Thursday the week is almost over yeah!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:42 AM   #1738
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good positive self-talk! Have a great day!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:22 AM   #1739
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, yes, what about us Aries
I'd love to know, but only if you have time Gail.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #1740
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Hey Amber! I'm going to look for that book.

I'm am Aries too
Closed Thread