Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #1531
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
So glad you are getting that thing cut out!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #1532
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Cindy, Amber is awesome! You will get so much support here. That support is what keeps me going!

Amber! You are not still fat! You have come so far! You look awesome! Remember! I saw your sexy bod in real life!

Your body has been through a lot. It might just be still adjusting to all of this. You'll feel better when you get this taken care of.

Ughhh....moody men hoping he is over that soon!

Powerball! Would have been my choice! Then, you can pay to have the bod! LOL

Have a great weekend!
Old 12-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #1533
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Saturday

Kitty (love your name) is absolutely correct - You aren't still fat ... you look amazing and I haven't even seen you in real life !!!!

Last edited by cindym; 12-01-2012 at 12:39 PM..
Old 12-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #1534
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Amber, 9 months has been a long time! For you it has been a lifetime! I hope this puts an end to the nightmare of the draining! Remember, to get started or keep on with your kefir as I am sure he will give you antibiotics. Will look for your post next week to let us know how it went.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #1535

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Well this weekend was crazy but we got a lot done, we had a house showing, so I am keeping my fingers crossed so more cleaning! Ughgh Gosh my cleaning lady is recovering from her kidney cancer, she says maybe in 2 weeks she will be back I sure hope so, I hate cleaning!
Got Tony to help me wrap gifts we got everything wrapped except his stuff and whatever he got me, even went and got all the stocking stuffers for the kids!

So my weigh in today a big fat 0, I lost nothing, ughgh I was so ticked, I was like not even .25 pounds, nothing dead even, so I said that is it, I pulled out the low carb books for inspiration, had Tony grill tons of meat, and I am going to keep at it, one of these days that darn scale is going to show me something good!

Got the Charlies Angels shirts, OMG they are so cute!!!

My trainer I love, but he is always like its all calories, blah blah as I shared with him, it is not all calories for me, I just wish there was a trainer that understood that not everyone can eat normally especially when one was 350 pounds! Ughghg

Eagles game tonight that is never good!

I am nervous but excited for Tuesday maybe it will get rid of some of this fluid flying around willy nilly in there!

I guess to some degree I am happy I seem to at least be maintaining now and not gaining!But I sure pass up a lot of junk and get my butt faithfully to the gym so to not see some major results is sort of depressing!

Oh well back at it! I refuse to give up my half and half, I saw those green coffee supplements, I think I need them to fat burn!!!!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #1536
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Amber, don't give up! There is always a bit of darkness before dawn. I predict that you will get a visit from the Whoosh Fairy and lose 3-4 pounds this week. Good for you for getting all of your shopping and wrapping done -- mine is almost done too. I have to get it done early or else I go crazy with worry and anxiety -- the downside of being a Virgo. I think the Eagles will win tonight -- they should beat the Cowboys.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #1537

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindym View Post
Saturday

Kitty (love your name) is absolutely correct - You aren't still fat ... you look amazing and I haven't even seen you in real life !!!!
She's amazing!

Will be praying for ya Hun! Hang in there.

Muah!

My boys sqeezemed it out! LOL!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:57 AM   #1538

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
So my weigh in today a big fat 0, I lost nothing, ughgh I was so ticked, I was like not even .25 pounds, nothing dead even, so I said that is it, I pulled out the low carb books for inspiration, had Tony grill tons of meat, and I am going to keep at it, one of these days that darn scale is going to show me something good!

My trainer I love, but he is always like its all calories, blah blah as I shared with him, it is not all calories for me, I just wish there was a trainer that understood that not everyone can eat normally especially when one was 350 pounds! Ughghg

I am nervous but excited for Tuesday maybe it will get rid of some of this fluid flying around willy nilly in there!

I guess to some degree I am happy I seem to at least be maintaining now and not gaining! But I sure pass up a lot of junk and get my butt faithfully to the gym so to not see some major results is sort of depressing!
Amber, is he measuring you? If not, shame. On both of you.

Measure faithfully.

If there is one thing I learned during my comp prep, it was that the scale does lie (duh, I knew that anyway, but just sayin...), having gone several weeks with only a one pound loss, or something very small, whatever it was -- it's in my journal somewhere -- but the point is, I was pissed about that until she measured me.

Regardless, stay the course.

And one more thing, in many respects, your trainer IS RIGHT. It really is about calories at the end of the day.

Track your food faithfully for two weeks. Every bite. See what it tells you.

Hang in there and speedy recovery. That should make a big difference.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:39 AM   #1539
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Hang in there, Amber! And the scale doesn't matter if you're shrinking.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #1540
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Hang in there, Amber! And the scale doesn't matter if you're shrinking.
I agree, you've built a lot of muscle
Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #1541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Hi Amber! You are looking great as usual. Best of luck getting that lymph stuff taken care of. Hope it is not painful and doesn't keep you down for long. Happy Holidays!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:20 AM   #1542

Today is the day I am nervous about this darn surgery I just want it to heal and be gone, so I am hopeful!!! Went to boot camp last night we got our shirts, very cool, he played the theme song from Charlies Angels for us! I had my hair down when I went in and 2 people walked past me, LOL The didn't recognize me with my hair down and makeup, LOL that made me roll!!!

Gail- we are both Virgos!!!

T- we did measure after 4 weeks, I lost 1/2" here and there 1 off my waist nothing mind blowing but it is going down, so that is a good thing.

I really hope maybe once this fluid finds a home maybe I can get back to losing again, it is just nuts, and if not oh well, I am going to learn to be comfortable where I am it sure is better than 350, I might never be skinny but I can keep exercising and be in good shape physically, so I am going to quit worrying and focus on eating well and exercising, and if I stay a horse so be it.

No word yet on the showing I am hoping the realtor calls today with a report!

Earned $214 in bonus money last month, since I can hardly do stuff I was psyched, man this insurance stuff is a lot to learn, my Boss is having us to her home on Sunday for a brunch, she is having a chef come and cook for us, she is so nice, I am lucky I found that job!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:58 AM   #1543
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck with the surgery -- this will have a positive outcome so stay focused on that. And, Amber you are so NOT a horse -- you are totally gorgeous and in great shape. And, people at the gym must have been like "wow she is beautiful" when they saw you with your hair down and glammed up. One of the reasons why your journal has so many followers is that your success story is AMAZING and you inspire people. So the next time you feel like calling yourself a horse, please think about THAT and the fact that Tony thinks you are the most beautiful woman on earth.

LOL that we are both Virgos. That is why our Christmas shopping is all done and the gifts are all wrapped too. I finished mine on Sunday. Being a Virgo is a blessing and a curse -- I worry about everything!

I love that your boss is having you guys over for brunch -- she sounds like a nice person. You deserve to have a great job and work for a good human being. Work is so much easier when you work with good people.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #1544
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
Sending prayers & positive thoughts your way today for a safe surgery and speedy recovery
A half inch here, an inch there...I'd say you're losing. When are you going to post updated pics so we can judge for ourselves???
Old 12-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #1545
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
all will go well for you!

Has anyone ever heard from Tiggy?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #1546
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Sending good thoughts and prayers that surgery goes well and you can finally move on from all this.

Ooooops Gail, I guess I give the Virgos a bad name then....I am only half way done shopping and of course nothing will be wrapped until the 11th hour.. Last year was the first time in my whole life I had shopping and wrapping done by the 2nd week of Dec...and that was a feat! Didn't think I'd be able to do it again...so not my nature!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #1547
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle, I'll be your are super organized and somewhat neurotic in other areas of your life though! Virgos are worry warts who fret over getting stuff done -- we make anxiety an art form if you will! I did not know that you were a Virgo as well! Your journal is very well-organized, nicely written and always updated -- so that is a very Virgo trait right there! Plus you take beautiful photos -- Virgos have an eye for detail!

Amber, let us know how surgery goes! We are thinking of you!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #1548
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Danielle, I'll be your are super organized and somewhat neurotic in other areas of your life though! Virgos are worry warts who fret over getting stuff done -- we make anxiety an art form if you will! I did not know that you were a Virgo as well! Your journal is very well-organized, nicely written and always updated -- so that is a very Virgo trait right there! Plus you take beautiful photos -- Virgos have an eye for detail!

Amber, let us know how surgery goes! We are thinking of you!
You're so funny! But, yeah, I am neurotic!! September baby here. The detail thing...my hubby says I need to either be a decorator or a private investigator After nearly 20 years he's finally just accepted that this is his life..... Miss Neurotica at her finest.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:43 AM   #1549
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Sending prayers and hugs for a successful outcome today.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #1550

Well I just got back the procedure was not that bad, it was in the OR but I was numbed locally so no IV I get the shakes from that numbing stuff though so now I have no pain just the shakes, I just slopped coffee all over me! So he said it went better than he expected, he said I was the proud mother of baby joe, a disgusting gernande sized tumor looking sac, he said he was able to get it out all in one piece and hopefully cauterize around the area, so I have a few stitches, I am feeling no pain, no working out for at least a week, ugghgh I cant imagine it is going to be too painful I have to take an antibiotic and I go see him next week, a week off will give the old bod a break I need that!
So glad this is behind me, this was just plain old! So hopeful I can get back to feeling normal and not have this huge hard growth on my hip!!
Thanks for all the support!!!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #1551
Major LCF Poster!

Yay Amber! Your surgery was successful and you were really brave throughout this difficult process. We are happy for you and relieved that the tough part is over.

Please take it easy and be gentle with yourself. Let wonderful Tony take care of you while you kick back and let yourself heal. Remember: we are here for you!

Danielle: a decorator or an investigator? LOL! I love that! Too funny!!! I think your husband is super lucky to have you as his wife. What is his sign? Virgos really do make awesome wives and partners. For all of our anxiety and neurosis, we are very caring, reliable, kind, down-to-earth types who aren't afraid of hard work. Amber, what sign is Tony? My Tony is a Pisces. We are opposites who attract!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #1552

Rest up and Let your body heal. Gentle hugs! Allow Tony to pamper you!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #1553
Major LCF Poster!

Glad it's gone, soon it will be a distant memory!!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:02 AM   #1554

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb

Glad you've gotten this behind you.
I'm sure it will make a huge difference in your overall health and progress.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:14 AM   #1555

Thanks girls I do not have any pain it is tender and a little burney feeling, but not bad it looks like the one area wasnt covered so well it bled through so I tried to cover it better after my shower he said I could get the steri strips wet!

Gail my Tony has a B-day Saturday he is a Sagitarius, all my husbands were, LOL
Old 12-05-2012, 04:05 AM   #1556
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you are not in pain. Like Kitty said, relax and let Tony pamper you. I think Virgos and Sagittarians make a good match -- particularly Virgo women and Sag men. A famous celebrity couple has that match up: Beyonce (who is a Virgo) and Jay-Z (a Sag). Sag men have boundless energy and are very creative. Their Virgo spouses take good care of them and provide a solid grounding influence to help them achieve.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:44 AM   #1557
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Good Morning ~ Happy to hear that the surgery went well and you aren't feeling any pain. Hope you are listening to all of these great ladies and relaxing while your hubby takes good care of you.

on the bonus

Old 12-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #1558
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
HEY AMBER!!!!

Glad to hear your surgery went well....I'm thinking of that movie Alien when the critter popped out of that guy, remember? Well, glad to hear this chapter is over and hopefully your body rights itself not having to deal with the "alien."

I'm good here, maintaining, getting to the gym, and psyching myself out of all the carbcrap I will not eat this month!!

One of the dogs we adopted when we came to see you last December, the yellow lab, came down with anal gland cancer and we put him to sleep in October. I was so heartbroken.

Say hi and Happy Birthday to Tony, Sag men are fun!

Hugs,
Nancy
Old 12-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #1559
Blabbermouth!!!

Amber, I'm so glad everything went well for you! I pray that this is the last of the hiccups and you can get up and truly running like you want!

Gail, you crack me up...I'm just gonna come to you now for horoscope stuff and let you tell me what I shouldn't and should do I had a good friend who truly lived by astrology and all that..I don't even pretend to know a thing but I find it fascinating. I love hearing you tell us stuff!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #1560

Gemini married to a Taurus here!

Glad you aren't in pain. Hoping it heels well and you are able to put that chapter to rest!
Closed Thread