Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 03:27 AM   #841
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BluJ
I weigh less than you and wish I looked that good! Hang in there! Off Topic to Tiggy... I've been banned from your journal.. Don't know why.. I've always been supportive and kind to you.. I just don't understand..

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2012, 05:11 AM   #842
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
BluJ- it is not you it is everyone, so nothing personal. Her journal is down temp.

So today I must study study study and take the final exam on line so I can get it all sent in I guess it will be good to see what I really need to concentrate on, then I want to play with the zuc, I found a lc bread, I think I am going to make lasagna or I was thinking stuff it with hot suasage and veggies and bake? Not sure it is going to be close to 100 again, seems crazy turning the oven on, but this AC is killing me! It is so freaking cold in here! I have to say I had 2 ultras yesterday with auntie I am up 3 pounds but I was good and took my leftover steak for lunch and had some of grams veggie cream cheese nip, sans crackers! That was my fault I am sure being out in the heat caused me to retain a little, she got me those peach ultras that I love,so I felt bad not drinking with her, LOL
Old 07-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #843
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Amber, I saw the giant zuke on your FB. That is so funny because I am trying a new turkey meatloaf recipe today that uses shredded zucchini. I'm also trying for the first time to cook my meatloaf in the crockpot so as not to turn the oven on. We'll see how that goes. The recipe says to cradle it in aluminum foil inside the crockpot. I hope it doesn't fall apart.

Good luck on your final exam!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:18 AM   #844
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Amber, I can't keep up with your busy life!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #845
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Have fun with your zucchini! Making noodles out of it for lasagne could be good. Zucchini bread is one of my favorites, too.

Sorry it is so hot - beautiful day here. Our late son's fiancé and her family are here right now. I can't go to the beach with them, but we can have dinner with them so we are enjoying them. The children are in love with Hawaii. They all had surfing lessons yesterday.

I am off to occupational therapy today. I am going to start acupuncture on Monday. I am hoping that will remove some of the pain from the hand. It worked when I broke my other wrist skiing many years ago.

Good kick on your trial test, avoid the heat and try to cook!

Hugs
Old 07-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #846

I am taking a break, then I must start the test ughghg, I was bad I ate a peice of wheat bread I wanted a BLT so bad I am so cold in the AC I went out to pick up my 24 pee bucket for the lab tests, that is a lovely thing and 3 people asked me why I had sweats on, LOL I guess I looked ridiculous but it felt good gosh I hate the AC blasting!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #847
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
Good luck with your test Amber, hope you survive that heat...and the AC sheesh!
Old 07-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #848
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
I've got pants on today too. I have to keep the AC so low to cool my office on the third floor that when I go back downstairs I get chilled.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #849

OMG I was trying to find a document I scanned and I found this pic from Myrtle Beach, that is when me and Tony went for my 40th birthday so that will be 4 years in Sept, same hotel we just took the kids, holy mother! I get so wrapped up in the day to day struggles with this weight that I do forget where I came from! This is for Ang, she loves disgusting fat pictures, LOL I am thinking I probably weighed around 325 then, not my very fattest but seriously fat enough, Good grief no wonder I have all this skin, holy crap I saw that today and it was really like not even knowing myself anymore! Tony and I were talking about my weigh ton vacation and he said I cant remember you heavier but I know I loved you the same, I am lucky I found him and he loved me regardless I know looking back I was hating life at 40 being that fat and miserable!

Old 07-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #850
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
How different you are today! & you could NEVER get me into a sweet little suit like that! It would make everyone go blind! and not for the beauty of it all...

As for the zuchini I found this recipe & it looked so good! Makes me want to go out and buy a large one (I only buy tiny newbies). I didnt read all of it...wanted to get this posted for you... You might be able to adapt any of the carbs out of it if there is much there... Hugs!!!!!!

Zucchini Fritters With Yogurt Dip

I just read it & can use my little newbies! Yeah! grated! & only flour for thickening...could use coconut flour

Last edited by iamfaithful; 07-18-2012 at 05:46 PM..
Old 07-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #851

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluJ View Post
I weigh less than you and wish I looked that good! Hang in there! Off Topic to Tiggy... I've been banned from your journal.. Don't know why.. I've always been supportive and kind to you.. I just don't understand..
I don't think it is you, I think her journal is messed up. I can't get to it either.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #852
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluJ View Post
Oh BluJ - it is not just you, heck I can't get into it haha. Dont worry, never fear, a new journal is here! (check the link in my signature - Ive fixed it up now). It was about time for a fresh start anyway. Feel free to pop around (and that applies to anyone of course!!)

Amber wow - what a huge difference! You look beautiful even at 330 though! I can see the energy and personality coming out in both.

For large zucchini we used to do stuffed zuc's (mom used to grow monsters), or cake since the texture on them isn't as nice as on the small ones - lots of bigger seeds. There should be lots of recipes online for stuffed zuc's. Nice and LC and tasty stuff!

I can't belive you are going away on us so sooon!!!

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." -Buddha

Tiggy Jones Diary
Old 07-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #853
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hey Amber...caught up on your journal. Looking good in your pics!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:55 AM   #854
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
WOW, Amber!!! You are so right when you say that getting caught up in the day-to-day makes it easy to forget where you came from. You have done AMAZING work, and that picture just proves it all the more! Good for you!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:02 AM   #855

Uggh girls I am so depressed, I studied all day yesterday did the review and individual chapter tests so I could take the final exam, I got a 65% did not pass, I was like WTH is the stuff they are asking? So now I had to email the place, and say do you still send me the certificate if I fail the practice exam, God for the first time in my life I felt too sick to eat, that test is next Wed the real one I have to pass, I just dont understand how I can do that well on the chapter tests and be so clueless on the final ugh I am worked up!

So after that I felt like hacking something so I hacked up that zuc! I made lasagna and bread, OMG the bread recipe is from livestrong, it was soooooooo good, it didn't make a big loaf I would probably use a small loaf pan, but it is almond and pecan meal, OMG so good, I am not a fan of LC treats but that was awesome! The lasagna, Tony was eating and didn't even know there was not noodles in it! LOL I sliced it really think layered it with hot sausage peppers, onion, mushrooms, garlic, I use that furmanos tomatoes sauce it doesn't have added sugar only 3 carbs, ricotta, provolone, mozzarella, parm, OMG it was sooo good, honestly as good as noodly lasagna!

This recipe is taken from the website Low Carb Café. Beat 2 large eggs and add 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, ½ cup sucralose (Splenda for baking), 1 cup grated zucchini and 1 tsp. vanilla flavoring. Mix in 1/3 cup almond flour, 1/3 cup pecan meal, 2 tbsp. whey protein powder, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. cinnamon and a half cup of chopped nuts if desired. Pour into a greased or sprayed 8-by-5-inch loaf pan and bake in a 350-degree Fahrenheit preheated oven for about one hour. A tenth of the loaf has about 3 grams of carbs.

So I am doing the 24 hour pee test they give me this huge jug and say to keep it in the fridge, LOL Thank God the kids are not here they would be totally grossed out, Tony is already queezy at the thought, I hope they find what is wrong with me why I workout like a nut, watch what I eat, cant lose weight, blow up like a blow fish on vacation, maybe there is something that will turn up and a magic pill to fix it!

The damn scale has not moved and I am being strict, well except for Tuesday and those 2 ultras but that was 10 carbs not like 100. So its time for that sucker to move, I am still walking everyday without fail and looking forward to it each day I am missing the gym though, so next week might head back there. I keep thinking messing up stuff will help me lose weight.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:10 AM   #856

Hoping they can give you answers!

I want recipes!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:13 AM   #857

Kitty the bread one is there, the lasagna I just made my sauce and slice the noodles thin and layered with cheese like regular lasagna
Old 07-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #858
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
I LOVE zucchini lasagna - some of the best ever. Do you brine your zucchini first?
Old 07-19-2012, 06:02 AM   #859
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BluJ
Thanx, gals! Tiggy, I found you!!! Thanks to Amber..
Old 07-19-2012, 06:16 AM   #860
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Morning Amber,

OMG, I almost fell out of my chair at your "before" pic at Myrtle beach. Wow, it is night and day and amazing and wonderful what you have accomplished. And belated congrats over the 6 months of non-smoking! Look how far you have come!! Like you, I am also lucky in that our hubbies have loved us no matter how we looked/look.

On the insurance tests, can you look up the right answers to the stuff you got wrong? Maybe that will help...

Sheesh, does that lasagne look good! I am putting that on the list.

Nancy
Old 07-19-2012, 06:31 AM   #861

I see it now. missed it or not showing b4

Sounds yummy! Both!

The pretest can help you figure out areas you need to review. I agree, look up the things you missed. Can you take pretest again b4 real test?
Old 07-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #862
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
OMG I was trying to find a document I scanned and I found this pic from Myrtle Beach, that is when me and Tony went for my 40th birthday so that will be 4 years in Sept, same hotel we just took the kids, holy mother! I get so wrapped up in the day to day struggles with this weight that I do forget where I came from! This is for Ang, she loves disgusting fat pictures, LOL I am thinking I probably weighed around 325 then, not my very fattest but seriously fat enough, Good grief no wonder I have all this skin, holy crap I saw that today and it was really like not even knowing myself anymore! Tony and I were talking about my weigh ton vacation and he said I cant remember you heavier but I know I loved you the same, I am lucky I found him and he loved me regardless I know looking back I was hating life at 40 being that fat and miserable!

LOL I love the disgusting fat pics-- ha! ha! you're funny. Look at you!! Awesome before AND after!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #863
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
You were still beautiful before and now you just shine shine shine!! Thanks for sharing! ♥
Old 07-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #864
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
It is hard to remember being a larger size... until you see a picture or put back on your very old fat girl pants!
I put on my new 12s & M top when I went walking in town at 5am this morning. Felt strange...

Did you know why you need to keep the pee in the fridge?
It as well as the inside of the bladder are STERILE! unlike the large colon which is full of bacteria (good & bad). I didnt know this til a few years back. As long as it stays in the fridge bacteria can not grow & it should remain sterile.

Last edited by iamfaithful; 07-19-2012 at 10:54 AM..
Old 07-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #865
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Looking good Amber! Sorry about your practice test.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #866
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Wow hon! Hugs on the test. I just have faith in you!!! You're gonna do smashingly!!! Can you retake a practice exam again?

Wow ow owowowowowowowow!!! What a difference 4 years and a low carb diet and exercise make! Cuz man! You've lost a whole nother you! You're spectacular in both photos but in the second photo you look so healthy, young, vital and skinny! Holy crap Batman!!! You ARE Wonder Woman!!! MUAH!!! Sorry, not enough exclamations!!!

Your lasagna looks like the bomb! And if I wasn't going to the PS tomorrow and taking nekkidy topless pics in a g-string, I'd be tempted to hop into the kitchen and whip up a lasagne like that. *drool* Maybe that will be a Sunday treat? Maybe I will make cheese cake and a lasagne? Hmmm, now you have me thiking! Great job.

The zucc bread looks good, but not as compelling to me as the lasagne. My weakness is good lasagne. I'd eat it every meal on consequitive days until it's gone that's how much I love the stuff! Good find on the marinara!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
Old 07-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #867

Now see I loved the bread, I am not big on low carb sweets, and that was a winner maybe cause I love cooking but hate baking!

So I was able to take the practice teat again and got a 78 but you dont know what you got wrong, so I have no clue, it is frustrating as all get out, and I faxed the papers and got nothing back, so the buggers better get me something right away, ughghg! I am stressing and I had to up to my ears with it!

I am so stressed out and this pee thing, OMG I am so sick of that, LOL
Old 07-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #868
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Ya, the 24hour urine for Cortisol sucks. I put mine in a disposable cooler with ice. I couldn't bear to put it in the fridge!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #869
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Practice teat? Lmao,!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 03:18 AM   #870
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011