Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #781
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Yes, olive oil and butter....mmmmmm! I do them in oven with parm cheese too! Mmmmmm

Going to try grilling next!

She may be coming to that time Hun. Many do at her age.....

Drinking? Who, me? May need the bottle later when I get the car bill!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #782
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Oh Amber, I hope you enjoy your break from her today
Old 07-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #783
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
all caught up. xoxoxox
Old 07-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #784
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Oh sea scallops are super super super yummy! I guess I am blessed, or lucky as I've never had problems cooking them. They were actually the same price as the large prawns when I was living out bush so I ate them a fair bit. YUMMO!! Now I want them and can't get them here

Ahh thanks for the update on the seroma thingy. Sounds like you guys have it under control at least.

I didn't know bobby and autumn were the same age! In photos there is a HUGE difference!! Bobby is such a handsome fella, like his mom hehe.

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." -Buddha

Tiggy Jones Diary
Old 07-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #785
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Congrats on the loss!!!!

I hear ya on the drinks . I used to love a glass or two of merlot with some cheese ( and sourdough) at the end of the night.

Now I'm thinking gum is a good option.....
Old 07-14-2012, 05:57 AM   #786

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
OMG the scallops were delish!!! Bobby ate almost all of them, I had like nothing for dinner and was up again, WTH????? Oh this is when I get nuts, but hey I am still 8 pounds down so I will take it, but man! The scallops I had the pan so freaking hot they literally took like 2 minutes total, perfectly carmelized but not rubbery Gordon would have approved, Bobby was in love, Tony was like WTH he gets mussels and scallops, I said yes we are having our own special night, la de da!!! Not that I am immature!!! He took her to the diner and the mall

So I told Bobby I will do whatever he wanted to do well he wanted to play games so it was Battle Ship and Yahtzee, he never played Yahtzee, so that was fun, then he wanted to watch one of the old WW episodes, he is into them. He likes the old Godzilla movies too, he is fascinated by the lack of special effects in those old TV shows, LOL So we had a good night, and it was nice to fully give him all my attention! Now his Dad came and got him so I will be missing him! But I take him to the doc on Monday for his physical and to get his spot on his face checked.

Yes Tig Bobby is 7 weeks older, and the difference is huge, she is very underweight and short and he is way off the chart in height and weight, but the doc said he is fine BMI wise so that is good for now, he is an eater so I have to watch him. He is almost ready for puberty thank God she has a long way to go!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #787
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mmmmm I love scallops! My cousin lives on the southern coast of Oregon and hauls out these enormous scallops-- seriously, almost the size of a filet mignon-- and bbqs those ****ers. So freaking good!

Glad you and Bobby had a nice evening!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #788
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
So glad you had such a great night with the boy. I love time like that with the kiddos, time is flying!
Gordon would be so proud of you hell, those people on the show right now are very disturbing. never seen a season with such incompetence!

Hope the studying is going well!
Old 07-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #789
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
So glad you had such a nice time with your little man
Old 07-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #790

Yay for a good time with Bobby!

DH surprised me with a red lobster dinner! I was ready to buy scallops too! You got me hankering for them....they were good! Glad yours turned out well!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #791
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
We love scallops, too. Will have to wait until I can do the cooking to have some at home!! Going to a restaurant on Monday that has them on the menu, I think. That might be an option....their filets are to die for, though so that will probably win out.

Does Autum go home soon? Hope life gets back to slightly more normal for you.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Hugs
Old 07-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #792

She is gone, OMG the chior of angels is singing, me and Tony had it out this morning and I told him everything I was upset about with her, he was so nice, I always feel so bad complaining he is such a good guy and it is his kid, but he does like peace with his girls so he was going to talk to her on the ride home. Thank God!!!

So had my old navy coupons and needed a little shopping, LOL SO now I feel better I got two bright yellow things, I love bright yellow, I blew my wad and ordered a bright yellow bikini from Ujena, totally too much money, but I love yellow and I wanted it so I did, I still seem to have a problem with spending, LOL

Size 12 shorts and jeans fit perfectly at Old Navy for some reason they gap now at the back before surgery they were much tighter so I guess that is good, even though I gained weight the swelling is going down. There is no way I am porking into 10's anytime soon, and that is OK I am good with being a 12 if that is it.

So I didnt eat lunch I am starving I am making my favorite chicken did I tell you guys about it?
boneless skinless thighs, salt and pepper and spray them on the grill with white vinegar OMG it is so good I could eat 2 pounds of them I swear, so I am making those with a low carb tortilla and salsa and a big salad since I am alone tonight. I had 2 eggs with peppers and onions this morning and I wasnt even hungry til around 4, amazing how 2 eggs can keep you going.

SO I worked all day on the chapter 7 its all the commercial liability took the test 105 questions and it said run time error, OMG so now I have to do it again, mother !!!!!!!!!!!! Ughghg so frustrating!

Seabreeze I am so thinking of you, you poor thing recouping, I think you need me to come there and take care of you, LOL Keep resting and enjoy your dinner out, I know hubby is taking good care of you!!! It sucks that you have to go through this!!! I am praying for you!!!
Old 07-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #793
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you are feeling a bit better after talking to tony about it. Sometimes just feeling heard helps a ton.

Mmm that chicken sounds yum. I LOVE vinegar chicken. Thanks for the reminder, might make that sometime when I have chicken again.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #794
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vinegar...? chicken...? MUST TRY
Old 07-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #795

I can hear the peaceful bliss from here!
Old 07-15-2012, 05:11 AM   #796
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
glad you got things off your chest and opened up to Tony. it's important to keep resentments from building up.
Cant wait to see the yellow bikini!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:17 AM   #797
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Bonus kids sometimes bring out the worst & best in us! Sometimes they can make or break us - often they intend to break. Have a bonus grandson here that is certainly a challenge for not only me but his mom & Jon. He has been 2 weeks at his father's house & refuses to come home claiming he 'hates Jon'. That has to be his father's influence as he is fine with Jon when he is here, just misses his father. Of course, when he is at his bio-dads there arnt many rules, staying up on FB til 2am & swimming in their pool everyday...not to mention all the fun stuff absentee parents/family do when a kid comes every two weeks. He doesnt want to come back to reality!

Bonus kids are a challenge... you beat the scale, surgery, finding a new job, SMOKING, negative lifestyle.....YOU CAN HANDLE AN 11 YEAR OLD- you just need to be one step ahead of her....

As for the new clothes... just put them under the things in your drawers & hang them in the back part of the closet or in with other things.... Then you can actually say they have been in the closet/drawers....you just never got around to wearing them. BTW what is Tony doing looking under the bed??? Most men never do that....
Old 07-15-2012, 06:28 AM   #798

IAM- I didn't realize you had a bonus one. My break did me good yesterday, LOL Did I tell you Tony was leaving with Autumn and saw me getting on the freeway he is like why are you driving this way I said Old Navy, LOL SO we had a fashion show he was good, I got him 3 pair of tropical shorts for the trip, and 6 shirts for $49, so he didnt ask about mine, LOL .

Yes Angela, vinegar chicken, my cousin's hubby has been making it and it is the darnest thing, you can do it with any chicken, I happen to like boneless, skinless thighs, you salt and pepper throw on the grill and maybe 6 times or so spray them with white vinegar, it is so strange but it tastes soooooooooooooo good!!!!

Tony and I had a nice night, I think the trip brought my sexy back, he is in a pretty good mood lately and I have wanted to do it, I am not sure what my problem was, but he sure is glad I have some desire back. One more day til weigh in,no booze!!!

Took the test the break was good it was the lowest score so far an 83 and I did the next chapter I got a 90 on that, so 2 more then I can send in to get the paper to take to the exam, they have to prove you studied 24 hours so these on line tests make up that requirement.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:31 AM   #799
Major LCF Poster!

Bonus Kids

Amber, Jordan is an interesting kid... seldom do I get a hug & even stranger does he allow me to give him a kiss except on his head, so I dont try - just a works for him... once he came up & hugged me & even gave me a peck on the cheek... it was only 4 years in coming!

I brought him over here one night last year when the 17 year cicadas were hatching out. We were out at 1AM with flashlights watching thousands of them crawl out of the ground, climb trees & come out of their shells to dry their wings. IT WAS AWFUL!!! They were dropping on my head & crawling over my feet... it was like being in a horror movie for me but he loved it...he wants to specialize in the study of insects & cicadas are his favorite. That was a turning point for us, but we still do the rather than a hug- every year I make him a shadow box with bugs from the summer...this is the only way he can have bugs in his room... bugs were the way to break into his defensive shell.

You will find a "certain thing" that will help to make things click for you two! It will just suddenly happen ... too often the struggle comes because we "want to make it work" & it isnt... Have you tried telling her she is your BONUS GIRL & you just want to be a friend & not a "step-mom" & you just want her to enjoy her time here with her dad ..dont try to make things work or expect a thank you for things you do...but keep doing them!

Someday you will discover her secret love & the two of you will "sneak out" (of course Tony will know but not tell) to do your secret gurley thing together... it will probably be on a whim of a moment... just look for it & wait...
Old 07-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #800

OMG IAM you are crazy there is no way I would let those cicadas crawl on me for anything, LOL I remember when we were young they would come I have not seen them in years around here?

I thought things were getting easier, I have one more week in Aug we will see how that goes!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #801
Major LCF Poster!

OMG IAM you are crazy there is no way I would let those cicadas crawl on me for anything

I didnt have a choice.... My yard still has holes in the ground where they crawled out! When I say thousands I meant it... Jordan laughed at me being such a baby about those creapy things landing on me when they fell out of the trees. I mean it! IT WAS LIKE SOMETHING YOU WOULD SEE IN A HORROR MOVIE! They are beautiful when they first come out of the shell & spread their wings...translucient & beautiful when a light shines on them....but such a revolting experience to have to clean them off my doors etc every day! YUCK! Dont know how I missed them when they came 17 years prior I must have been working 3 jobs back then as I was seldom home & neither was Jon...he was at gramma's most of the time.

There are some picts on my FB page...if you dare to look!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #802

OMG you are Grandma of the year!!!!!!!!!! That is so disgusting, although that scoby is a close second, LOL Ughgh bugs just freak me out!!!!

I saw Atkins has low carb pop tart things, this is not a good idea but I bought some, it sounded too irresistible, and it is full of fiber and malitol and 1200 chemicals I cant pronounce, LOL
Old 07-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #803
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
I had to google the bug thing. YUCK!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #804
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahh clever amber - buy stuff for tony and THEN you can shop guilt free hehe. Old navy is usually cheap enough though so no worries .

Woo hoo on getting your sexy back! Thats a wonderful thing for both of you

Neat about the cicada's - but I like bugs and other things most of you ladies would freak out about hehe. Well done and breaking through to the bonus grandkid faith - smart gal!

chemical poptarts.... hope your bathroom is ready for ya amber! If the scale stops moving - those those damn things out!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #805
Major LCF Poster!

I have lived in the country for 25+ years now & bugs are just a part of it...ya just swat them & go! Moles in the yard? Runs are lawn art... but that night was straight from the Freddy Krueger type film!

Amber, stay away from that yuck! All those chemicals you are paying your good $ for??? Every now and then I take a bite of a Lil Debbie snack & spit it out to remind me why I dont eat that any more. You are better off to make something yourself & know what is in it.... You are a tenatious pit bull when it comes to a challenge. I am so in love with your determination!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:56 AM   #806

Yeah I need some bathroom movement they have 10 grams of fiber so I thought that might help! I am still so excited
212 today, 11 pounds of freaking bloat off, now to get under 200 really want to be under that by my B-day in Sept, or Bobby's at the latest that will be 2 years of this dieting so I better get myself there, the one good thing the all inclusive in St Kitts is not a normal all inclusive it is a restaurant you order breakfast lunch and dinner so if I have a little control that might help! The drinking will be an issue and their state fruit is mango I love mangos and the fruit in the islands all chopped up and pretty it is horrible to think that fruit is going to make you fat!

So last night I made poppers, OMG I am still in love and lust with these things, I had various cream cheese dips that I dip celery and veggies in, one was blue cheese buffalo, one was cheddar horseradish, then I took cream cheese and added cheddar and cajun seasoning, OMG Tony cooked them so perfectly on the grill!!! The jalapenos were hot my head was sweating, so I think that is good!!!

So I have one more chapter test then I need to review and take the final on line, then I need to mail my scores to get the certificate to take with me to the testing sight next Wednesday I am getting stressed I have to pass there is no option here, ughghg, I am stressing!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:05 AM   #807
Major LCF Poster!

Awe! Dont stress.... you are a smart intelligent lady! Nothing you put your mind to will be impossible for you if you just believe in your abilities! This will be easy for you! Anyone that can overcome all the things you have in the past 12 months can do this easy!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:24 AM   #808
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Oh yeah baby, those jalapeno poppers look so good, MUST TRY!

Good for you for Size 12, and getting 11 lbs off, what a great accomplisment!

Keep it up as you want to achieve a decent loss to take care of the upcoming tropical cocktails in St. Kitts....foodwise, I bet you could make special requests of the resort restaurant i.e. hold the rice and sub in more veg or something.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:36 AM   #809
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

*high five!*

those poppers look soooo good!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #810

You're going to do ok on the test Hun! Relax.

Those do look good!
Closed Thread