Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #601
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Amber - congratulations on the job!!!

I don't know if you know your rock-climbing friend's family? If you don't, then I don' t know of much that you can do.

I told people I didn't need anything, but it wasn't true. Food was helpful. After a few weeks everyone was gone and done calling/emailing offering help, so that is a good time to step in with food or something.

If you can research and find a young widow's group in your area, that is super helpful. I've joined a young widows' group and found people around my age to talk to and they have support groups for the spouses and also for the kids. My daughter is going to go to a free summer camp for grieving children in August. You could ask the family permission to give the widow's group her phone number and they will take over.

I found my support group by reaching out to a stranger at my husband's employer that had posted some outdated online information. He gave me a woman's contact information who had moved away, and she finally pointed me to the young widows' group that formed under a new name.

It was the most painful thing in the world to drive around the first month. If you do know them, you could offer to drive them places. I felt that I could have wrecked the car anytime the first month because it is impossible to concentrate. Even the drive to the grief group was incredibly hard (achy arms; hard to hold on to the steering wheel).

You could point them to a couple of facebook sites: the grief toolbox and stepping through grief.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...el-method.html

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #602
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
KT- I know it is hard when my BF died of a heart attack I went to grief counseling and it was very helpful, I decided that we are going to issue a check to the kids, in their names and she can do as needed, I am sure they are covered financially but it was the best gesture I could come up with. I hope things are getting easier for you!!! It does get easier.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #603
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
Sorry aboutthe rock guy. Life is shorter everyday. WOW. We always take the family paper goods. Cups, plates, paper towel and toliet paper. All the company drains all the paper goods!!! Cases of water and juice. My friend's dad died and I showed up with a trunk full of stuff from Costco. To this day she always talks about how they had nothing to drink or paper products but all food. Maybe you and your rock group can all donate some rocks you have and make a nice big frame with the rocks and a nice picture of him inside.

Congrats on the JOB!!!! When do u start?
Old 06-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Congrats on the new job!!

Sorry to hear about your friend .
Old 06-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Holy holidays woman! Sounds fantastic gallavanting all over the place in a bikini! Woo you! Fantastic news about the job and the good feeling you get from the woman and staff. Sounds like a good plan - and getting the summer off is always a nice bonus hehe.

Sorry to hear about your friend . Always sad when things like that happen unexpectedly.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #606
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cara7166
Stats: 325/217/200 next goal!
WOE: Atkins for first 65 pounds, then HCG
Start Date: Nov 1, 2011
Amber! So happy about your job!!! Congrats!!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #607
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Morning Amber!!!

I love Tini's idea about the rock frame. Totally cool
Old 06-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #608
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
[QUOTE=Martini72;15734506]Sorry aboutthe rock guy. Life is shorter everyday. WOW. We always take the family paper goods. Cups, plates, paper towel and toliet paper. All the company drains all the paper goods!!! Cases of water and juice. My friend's dad died and I showed up with a trunk full of stuff from Costco. To this day she always talks about how they had nothing to drink or paper products but all food. Maybe you and your rock group can all donate some rocks you have and make a nice big frame with the rocks and a nice picture of him inside.

Congrats on the JOB!!!! When do u start?[/QUOTE

The rock frame is a great idea with a picture of him and I also knew this lady that got some flowers from the funeral and let them dry and then had them framed. This was such a neat idea to me...

How are you? I met with the trainer yesterday and it was good. We did some squats with the bar and I have NEVER done this before and then some hyperextensions and I have NEVER done this either, I learned a good bit and I can't wait to meet with him to do arms. My legs are a little sore today, but by tomorrow....OH MY......
Old 06-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #609
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Amber that's so exciting all the traveling you have coming up!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #610
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Good Morning - Good Afternoon

We are now finally home - so a big time difference between here and the avast coast.

Had an appointment with the orthopedic docs here early yesterday. We were there all day. After many x-rays and ct scans, it was decided I need more surgery on the elbow. I'll go back to the hospital on Thursday for surgery and, at the moment be in overnight. The trauma doctor for ortho has taken over my care and will be doing the surgery. The wrist will need more surgery, but that won't be until later. He will take out the huge plastic and metal thing holding it all together, though. Hopefully some of the pain will go away when that is out of there.

The leg brace was readjusted so I can bend the knee now, but cannot put any weight on it except for restroom and to get to the car. As long as i do that surgery will not be needed on it.

My weight has gone down, that is good. Not being very hungry helps, too. Now that we are home for a long period, it should be easier, but will probably have most dinners out. Fish and salad will have to be my friend.

I am still laughing when I talk to my friends on the phone, so all is OK!

I get my hair highlighted today - that will be great. I love my hairdresser and it has been 5 months since he has done anything to it. I did have it cut very short in Calif as I can't do anything with it. It will probably be shorter and lighter by the time I leavevthecsalon this afternoon.

Have a great day - low carb or whatever and lots of fun exercise for those who like that!

Hugs to ALL
Old 06-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #611
Major LCF Poster!

Where are youuuuuu???
Old 06-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #612

I know I never even logged in here today WTH??? Well we decided or rather Robert decided he wants to go to Atlantis in the Bahamas, whatever, that is fine with me my mother is driving me nuts, so the decision is final, she is calling me every 15 minutes, like honestly I am glad she is taking us but I want to scream, LOL So at the risk of not sounding grateful I was glad that he made the decision!

Just a really stressful day, Bobby's bank savings account was cleared out, apparently by the ex's wife, he had no idea I am so sick over it all I could just scream, I told him if that money is not back in there by tomorrow I am going to scream and they are leaving for Dallas, just a bad day overall!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #613
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
OMG! WTH!! How can she clean out HIS account????????????????? I'm glad he made the vacation decision for you too. You're gonna have a blast and i can't wait to see pics! Hope you feel better soon honey!
Old 06-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #614
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How can she clean out someone else's account?????
Old 06-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #615

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
on the bank acct.!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #616
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Sounds like she has some karma coming her way...that's just trifling! Hope it gets resolved!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #617
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How strange about bobbys account! isn't the ex mr richie rich? Why in heck would his wife take money from a kid?? Seriously strange.

Yay at deciding where to go on the hols. Yay for bobby picking - that way your mom can't complain or anything on it. Clever .

Hope tomorow is beter!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:04 AM   #618

I heard from the ex, he had no idea, said it was a mistake, he is a freaking CPA and tax attorney and always had me pay the bills like he deals wit nothing, so I am sure she saw the account and since Bobby is the III and Bob is JR and they have the same name she pulled from one, so he says the money will be replaced tomorrow I still think I am going to open my own savings for him at another bank and let that one go apparently I am the successor so I get a statement but cant make any changes, ex is the custodian, I had a wad of Bobby's money to deposit, and I pulled a statement and saw .86 and freaked out, LOL At least it is resolved and the ex did sound pissed so I am hoping to see it restored today!

I am just done mentally lately, tony is all stressed at work and making me crazy, I got this huge box of manuals that I have 6 weeks to learn, the freaking scale ticks me off when I work out like a freaking maniac, just in a pissy mood lately. Now it is suppose to be 98 and humid here, it feels like a jungle.

SO I was reading an article that eating bitter greens is good for you so now I have this freaking kale to eat, I hate kale pretty much, so any ideas? I am trying everything, including cayenne on an egg white omelette, I am so afraid I got this weight gain now and we leave in 10 days for vacation, ughghg, I am stressing.

Seabreeze- I am glad you made it home safely, and can get back to feeling better!!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:12 AM   #619
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
That makes me sick to my stomach to hear that, im really sorry. I really hope it was an honest mistake, i mean who could be that awful of a person to take money from a child? I feel sorry for her if its not put back because I know you wont let that one slide without a fight.

yay for vaca, i can't tell you how jealous i am! My next vaca isn't until Oct, I am counting down the days.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:15 AM   #620

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Been seeing where for some, exercise doesn't help....Weird. You'd think it would help everyone.....

Glad you got Bobby's acct. figured out. I bet she knew....just didn't think he would find out yet.....oh, well...he knows now. I agree on getting a different acct. for him. One she can't touch.

The heat is on girl! To hit 95 here. You know where I'll be! Stay cool.....and remember, this eat humidity will cause a gain...
Old 06-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #621
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad you got the bank thing figured out.
This humidity will make us all swell - try not to stress too much about it.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

BREATHHHHHHHHHE AMBER!!! All your clothes fit!!!! Go on your vacation and enjoy!!!! Thank goodness you caught the account situation. BIG RED FLAG TO YOUR EX!!!! Why would that chick empty any account???? SUSPICIOUS!!!

Start studying your manuals!!! Your gonna be so good at this!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #623

THe freaking MMA class has AC but didnt have it on, talk about a sweat factory that was worse than hot yoga if I am not down a pound or two someone is getting shot, LOL Finally the guy explanined the whol punching routine, I was just throwing punches in no particular order then he says no wonder you are so tired you are doing twice the number I told you too, LOL I cant hear with all the loud music, but I am too proud to tell him I cant hear since I am the oldest person there anyway! That sweaty workout restored my mood, so that is good, now to eat healthy drink a ton of water and start studying!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #624
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
I'm glad to hear that ex was mad too and will get it fixed!!!! That sucks.
WOO HOO for a good workout!!! Sounds like the rest of the day should be spent at the pool reading those manuals!!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #625
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Congrats on the new job girl!!!! Wooohoooo! What an answer to prayers! you are so smart, I know you will learn it easily!!!

So sorry to hear about your friend. How good of you to remember them and help out! Gosh life is so short and fleeting!

So excited to hear about your vaca! Wooot!!!!!

KT so great to see you honey!!! to you!!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YAY @ figuring out the routine for the class. DOH, no wonder you were tired!! Yikes sweatbox workouts, - you're a tough one girly!!

I suspect that the ex's wife didn't do it on purpose. The story given seems to make sense - just carelessness due to similar names. Glad its all sorted now and ya, get him a different account for sure.

Have fun with the humidity... it does icky things on the scale for sure!!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:11 PM   #627
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I heard from the ex, he had no idea, said it was a mistake, he is a freaking CPA and tax attorney and always had me pay the bills like he deals wit nothing, so I am sure she saw the account and since Bobby is the III and Bob is JR and they have the same name she pulled from one, so he says the money will be replaced tomorrow I still think I am going to open my own savings for him at another bank and let that one go apparently I am the successor so I get a statement but cant make any changes, ex is the custodian, I had a wad of Bobby's money to deposit, and I pulled a statement and saw .86 and freaked out, LOL At least it is resolved and the ex did sound pissed so I am hoping to see it restored today!

I am just done mentally lately, tony is all stressed at work and making me crazy, I got this huge box of manuals that I have 6 weeks to learn, the freaking scale ticks me off when I work out like a freaking maniac, just in a pissy mood lately. Now it is suppose to be 98 and humid here, it feels like a jungle.

SO I was reading an article that eating bitter greens is good for you so now I have this freaking kale to eat, I hate kale pretty much, so any ideas? I am trying everything, including cayenne on an egg white omelette, I am so afraid I got this weight gain now and we leave in 10 days for vacation, ughghg, I am stressing.

Seabreeze- I am glad you made it home safely, and can get back to feeling better!!!!
Baked Kale!!!!

It ends up kind of like chips. Just wash and dry the kale, and rip it up a bit and take off the chunky stem part. Then massage in some olive oil and a little salt (I like to add garlic powder to mine as well), spread it out on a baking sheet and cook at like 450 or so for I think 20 minutes. One good size bunch will cover about 2 baking sheets.

The kale shrinks up a bunch after you cook it. But BEWARE you can eat a whole head really, really, quick and over carb!

I found a video for you. If you just want the recipe skip to about 1:30 into the video.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rate-lose.html

Last edited by JCWANNABE; 06-20-2012 at 10:12 PM..
Old 06-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #628
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Mmmm... Now I want kale chips! I may need to go to the fruit stand tomorrow! I think I'm gonna have to put that vid on my page too.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:31 AM   #629
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Amber, you have had a complete life style change! Live you life & love it! You have worked hard to get to where you are! I am 5'5" 167lbs & cant wear the sizes you can get into! Eat well, be active & enjoy the NEW YOU! Wear those bekinis!!!! Your has not changed that much in 6 months so you are stable at where you are... your body has adjusted to the new you but has yet to fully recover from the surgery... it is OK.... dont drive up your cortisol levels by stressing! HAVE SOME FUN FOR A CHANGE! LIVE A LOT!!!

if I ever put a bekini on again people would be running up with towels to cover me up!!! Or covering their eyes because the sight would be so bad their eyes would hurt!!! !

Breathe deeply, count all your blessings from the past year (it was about this time I joined LCF & started following your progress & ENCOURAGING OTHERS!!) & have some fun for the summer. Sept & work will come soon enough! You have not allowed yourself time to enjoy all your hard work (well, maybe over the Christmas holiday but that was 6 months ago)! So, vacation vacation vacation! Enjoy the family & places you are going! Enjoy the food... just not too much of it... & leave the scale in your bathroom at home... let your clothes be your guide

Last edited by iamfaithful; 06-21-2012 at 04:37 AM..
Old 06-21-2012, 04:45 AM   #630

Well now the travel agent got back and the rooms at Atlantis are no longer available so looks like me and Mom and Bobby are going to St. Kitts, they ahve some old historic railway that takes you around the whole island, and inactive volcano to tour, black sand beaches, so that was a good deal who knows I might call today and be told that is gone, LOL I hate this travel business, I would be blowing my brains out if I were a travel agent!

My mother in law is coming to go to the new casino today and to see Tony's office, so that should be fun I hope I win again to add to the stash!!!

So I did my first practice test for the first chapter, I passed but not 100% this is more involved than I thought, I guess you have tests for each chapter you submit to be eligible for taking the exam, 24 hours of study is required, the State Farm lady called me to help me understand the whole procedure, she is really nice she said if I get stuck on certain parts give her a call. So I must be disciplined and work on that continually.

Yeah I am so done with the scale I cant figure it out I am just worried about gaining on vacations, eating out is just a loss of control, but the place in Myrtle Beach has a brand new gym so I am heading there first thing when I get up!

OK gotta get moving today!

JC I made kale chips before last night I sauteed it in olive oil and added a little veggie broth, and then threw some red wine vinegar on at the end it wasn't too bad I didn't do a good job getting rid of the stem down the middle though, LOL It was tough!!! Not bad I could do it again, I made homemade ground chicken meatballs, and instead of spaghetti sauce used this hot mexican tomato sauce, low in carbs, OMG my mouth is still on fire, Tony always likes things really hot so he added all this red hot pepper before he tried it, he was like holy crap!!! I am hoping that aided the fat burning, LOL
Closed Thread