Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #391
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Prayers for SeaBreeze....let her know we wish her well, and keep us updated when you can.

Me, I'd rather forget my birthdays! LOL very low key here for them.

Hoping the interview is it!

Don't feel guilty about Tony paying your debts. You can always make it up to him when you get set up in a good job. I always told DH I'd buy him a new truck when I got a good job. Finally did that! He wanted a used one right after I got the job.

Could be worse...up chuck fairy was hitting people left and right last week. We had an all time record going home sick. (and, no, they weren't faking it)

Relax as much as you can, recover, then you can hit it all again Wonder Woman style! (you have to get the voice back....I'll be able to gab with you while you are home in the daytime! )

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
hehe marlon brando! Thats gotta be super funny seeing this sexy blonde and having that voice come out.

Oh hugs and prayers for seabreezes. Getting injured in turkey is way low down on my list of fun stuff to do. Sounds like the insurance people have her sorted out and I'm really pleased she is going home and getting the operations done in cali.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
It took a bit of looking to find you Amber. Not sure why I am not getting e mail notifications.
I am now caught up with your posts.
I'm so sorry you did not get the job. Hopefully something better will come along soon. I can imagine the worry.

Thanks for all of the good wishes. It is so good to be back among English speaking people!! My care in Turkey was really good. The hospital was American financed, but very little English spoken. I had the best orthopedic surgeon in the area. He was young, 36, but appearantly did a good job on the shattered wrist. The elbow needed more surgery as soon as we got to CA. I think something got wrenched when I was lifted onto one of the flights home.the 3 cracks in the leg make getting around very difficult. At least I don't have a cast, only a brace.
it will be a long recovery, but I am alive and very thankful for that. If the driver had continued to back up it would be a different matter!

The sad part is that he was trying to rush to get a young lady to the hospital who was having an asthma attack and didn't have her inhaler with her!

I an using a stylus on the iPad with my left hand, works pretty well!

Hugs to ALL
Old 06-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #394

Seabreeze: God was definitely with you. Prayers for you!
Old 06-04-2012, 12:00 AM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

You are so correct.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:50 AM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Casey1983
Stats: 360/350.8/150 (2 months postpartum)
WOE: Low Carb (Nursing)
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Girl, I can never keep up with your journal! What is this number 25432543?? LOL! Just dropping by to say hi! xoxoxo~
Old 06-04-2012, 04:58 AM   #397

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Seabreeze- OMG I cant believe you are typing, but I am so glad to hear you are OK well as good as can be expected, oh my what an ordeal!!! God was for sure looking out for you, your time wasn't up!!!!

You know we are so snotty here in the the States thinking it is the only place for good medical care, but when we were in Mexico my aunt slipped on the tile in the bathroom, passed out, blood all over her face, her glasses cut her eye when she hit the corner of the sink, I was like OMG you are going to look like Frankenstein getting fixed down here, they did a remarkable job you cant even see a scar! So medical care I think has improved everywhere it is what it is really when things happen.

So today I have 2 phone interviews neither that exciting, but oh well! So we were watching Sideways and Tony is like I really want to go to Napa and San Francisco, and I was like well I don't know if that is the best use of money when I have no job, but we will see, maybe it will happen! LOL

Today I am getting really strict good grief, I am just not losing any weight I am up from my 199 that lasted 5 weeks, I am still sick but going to the gym, now its all congestion and coughing, ughgh!!! My voice is back just raspy, no more Marlon Brando, LOL THe new MMA place looks to be opened so I am going to stop in and see if they have classes.

Autumn come tonight for 2 weeks, one more week of school for Bobby, so it will be nice having the kids around.

Casey- I am so glad you are back!! What is this number 25432543??

Last edited by Bejewelme; 06-04-2012 at 04:59 AM..
Old 06-04-2012, 05:40 AM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Seabreeze, I had that happen to me over 40 years ago! That is the last thing we would ever expect to happen! I am thankful the damage was not any more severe than it was! I still have physical problems relating back to the hit but it is liveable. Get better quickly ! We are for you!

Amber, you are so right about the health care. I have a friend in Arkansas & one would think they would have good health care here in the USA... but not in Arkansas... according to what she tells me it is like a 3 ring circus to get good health care & one doctor supports the other so much they dont like to make appointments for a 2nd opinion. Sad.... her hubby has a terrific basis for malpractice suite but no attorney will touch it because all the doctors & attorneys in her rural area are all friends... catch 22

Last edited by iamfaithful; 06-04-2012 at 05:43 AM..
Old 06-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
I am glad you are feeling a tad better Amber. YAY for rest. I rested over the weekend as well.

Being a SAHM has always been my desire. Hopefully, James can open up a business or make enough money to support that.

Prayers for the phone interviews... I know you will knock them dead. I am still searching. I am so tired of my job but greatful to have one. But it pisses me off that they don't appreciate us... Anyhoo, off my soapbox.

I am getting stict too!!! We can do this!!! Let's move the scale.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Amber, so glad you are feeling a little better
Old 06-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
Awww I hope the voice is back to normal soon! Bugger on the debt. WOW just you and Autumn...home...alone...for a week. SHOULD BE A BLAST! All you undivided attention for her!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #402
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Ahhhhhh San Francisco!!! Only been to Napa once and I'm not a wine drinker so all that is lost on me But give me the city any time and I'm there! I hope you guys can figure out a way to go, that'd be awesome!!!

Glad you're on the mend! Best of luck with those interviews, I know you'll do great, love! It was nice having the kids around for about 2 days before all the girly teenagery fighting started...now I'm just counting down the days until they go back!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 06-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Good luck with all of your job plans! The right job is out there, don't worry .

I'm with you on the getting strict thing. I think I need to tighten up my eating now that the first 30 pounds are off. It's like at first the weight comes off easy, and then you have to work harder and harder for it.

So funny that you like the chocolate premier protein shakes better ! Did your area have the $5 off coupon last month to? They had a limit of 2, so I got two cases and $10 off, score! I'm such a cheapy !
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rate-lose.html
Old 06-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #404

No coupon, but they were sampling one day and she gave me like 8 vanilla ones that were left over, that is when I tried the vanilla and was not too crazy, LOL My hubby thinks they are gross in general but some of the stuff he drinks is Ughghghg, muscle milk is really nasty dont waste your $ on that one,

Beverly International is still my favorite powder, the vanilla and the chocolate I drink the PRemiere ones when I am on the go, now that I am home I use my bullet and mix with almond milk, yummy!!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Casey- I am so glad you are back!! What is this number 25432543??
Is this how many times i have restarted LC or how many journals you have had LOL!
Old 06-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Praying that you find an awesome job very soon! {{{{hugs}}} xoxoxo
Old 06-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #407

Casey- LOL!!! I like that answer!!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
Restarting beats laying face down in chocolate cake and growing another double chin...lol
Old 06-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #409

LOL

Best lead today financial planner, who better to take your money than me the queen on debt, LOL!!! Now that is a good one, almost as good as working in a bakery!!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #410
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Ha! The bakery would spell doom for me for sure! I had a dream last night that I became a trainer and a nutrition coach. Musta been that 2 hrs of Extreme Weightloss Edition I watched last night.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Glad you're doing ok Seabreezes. Great idea with the tablet so you can come visit us! How awesome you had great medical care. Going to international run hospitals is a good thing. Same here, if I have a problem I will be legging it to the one international hospital as the local ones are... less than good.

Woo 2 phone interviews amber - thats great news, and you don't even have to leave the house. Have fun with Autumn for a couple weeks. You guys still getting along now? Uh ya.. stay away from the bakery!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea no bakery jobs!! I wouldn't make it out alive. I don't see how Nikki does it!! I would be dabbling in all types of goodies all day
Old 06-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #413

Bakery job! Yikes! It was bad enough when DD was living here and working at one!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:48 AM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Have a terrific day, lady! May all your dreams for today come to pass.....
Old 06-05-2012, 05:06 AM   #415

I know the one lady that goes to my gym works in the Giant bakery here she is like we are hiring, I said are you freaking nuts????? She said well you can't eat the stuff at work I said oh yeah then I would leave and be buying it, no job is better than a bakery job!!!! I am amazed how Nikki does it!!!

So first phone interview not enough money for the drive, second job is this financial planner thing, I talked to the ex since he deals with them all day he said you know you have to pass the Series 7 and 66 exams and I said I know, but he said it wouldn't be a bad job for you, he thinks I have the personality, the schmooze, I can fake it to look like I am making it, -----the investment side so so! I could certainly team up with him which would be helpful. So that is my fallback for now!

So went to the Pre Algebra class for Bobby a new thing, only 28 kids picked, out of over 300 I said Robert that is such an honor, basically they are getting 6 and 7th grade math in one year nest year in 6th grade, then when they go to 7th grade at the new school, they should be in Algebra 1. The whole district it looking at adding math so the kids should be in Calculus and stuff by the time they are in HS. His ears perked up that they are using Ipads in the class then his ears perked up when there is a summer refresher for 4 1/2 days this summer, LOL!!! I told him how very proud I am of him he got straight A's all year in every subject he is such a good boy!!!

So Bobby was there listening to me and his Dad talk and we get in the car and he says you know Dad still loves you, I said what?????????? He has never really said I wish you were together, until last night, I was really shocked, he was like Dad still loves you he told me, and you two were talking like you were in love, I said Bobby we were talking business and you that was it, there is no romantic love, I am not sure where that came from but it saddened me, I know every kid wants to see their parents together.

So Tony got Autumn she is here now for 2 weeks at a time, I have a job fair today, as part of the unemployment you must log jobs you apply to and you must attend one job fair per month, so I have to go and I am praying something good is there!!!

Still sick, ughghg the stuffy head and cough, but I am going to the gym this morning, then home to get ready, it is beautiful out today. Tony is leaving work early since we cant leave Autumn alone here.

Checked out the Maxxfitness, looks like MMA moves and boot camp all rolled into a 45 minute workout that is suppose to burn 1000 calories and have a 38 hour afterburn, according to them, the videos had people puking, so I am excited, now to see how much it costs!!! LOL

We have 4 weeks til Myrtle Beach so I am getting strict, I think I have been stress eating over this darn job, so no more shoving in dried fruit and nut mix I had to dump some in the trash I have no control I measure a serving then go back and eat 2 more handfuls not good!!!! Pretty much doing low carb except eating a little pre and post workout that is it, then the rest of the day VLC.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Amber, You dont want to go to work right now... How could you take off to go to the beach in 4 weeks & strut your bekini body?

You must be proud of Bobby! & yes, kids always dream of parents being together... but they also know reality and he probably loves the extra attention he gets from his father when he goes there would not necessarily happen if you were together. Jordan's dad plans something 'special' each time he comes and that would NEVER happen if he lived with his dad. Kids are smart... & Bobby is way above average.

the videos had people puking, so I am excited, now - REALLY??? you get excited about the strangest things!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
I hear ya on the trial mix! My mom makes a nut mix with cranberries & dried pineapple that is to die for! I have to be strict and only eat 1/4c on a salad - only at her house. I would be in real trouble if it was available all the time.

I agree with IAM - if I see people puking, I'll be running in the opposite direction! But I bet it would be a good workout.

Good luck at the job fair!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Bobby!!!! Yea all kids wish their parents were together. I did for the LONGEST. But you get over it. But that would def make me sad to hear him say that. Hopefully, its just a phase.

Oh, puking, Yea I would be running. But you got it Amber!!!! LOL
Old 06-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #419

I figure if you are puking you are working to your max, LOL I am dragging getting ready for the job fair, went to the gym that was good, I am pushing myself and my legs are shaking, not feeling like getting dressed up, I sort of like being a slob in sweaty gym clothes everyday!!! LOL
Old 06-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Yay on Bobby,s math skills. That is quite an honor. It is nice that Bobby hears you talking to your ex in a nice way. It has to be so hard on kids, but you do a fabulous job with him and he will understand one day. I know you didn't leave the relationship in a willy nilly way.

I finally had full night's sleep for the first time since we left Turkey. Between jet leg and my leg I haven't slept. Much, much better today.

Had salmon with pasta last night. Not very low carb, but yummy. I just can't freak over the food I can't cook!

Hope the job Fair had some interesting offerings. The economy is so bad.

Hugs to ALL
Closed Thread