LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 11:22 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Thanks girls, I am sick as a dog, I am waiting to see if I can get in to see the doctor I can barely talk again and my throat is really killing me and now I am getting all congested, so I have the chaparone thing with Bobby tomorrow going to the art museum I want to feel good for that. I had some promising emails today one job in particular is intrguing in sales and here in Reading, I had to cancel the interview in Philly I cant talk loud enough. And Nan keeps saying what? What? I am like I cant talk, ughg I am in a bad mood too!!!
Oh I am so sorry honey! Make sure your doc tests for strep. Make sure you don't settle for the wrong job. If you can stretch your dollars and get your bills paid, there's no rush . Don't worry about the money, that's what men are for .

Just hang out and get better. Hope you feel better soon .

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Feel better, Amber!

I swear people get sick from all the AC this time of year. Everywhere you go it's too cold and has that weird fake air smell.

Don't get depressed about the job thing. You just started looking. It's better to wait and find the right fit.

About "Hoarders"--I have to watch it when no one is around because my DD is scared of it and DH thinks it's gross. I think I'm just a fan of the weird and wacky though because I really do find it fascinating.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:30 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Hoarders! I have 3 of my siblings that qualify.
One is an expensive hoarder...she buys very expensive stuff and stacks it everywhere in her house UNOPENED! You can barely find room to walk anywhere on her property I am told....she stays at her "boyfirend's" house so she doesnt run up any utility bills...she hoards her money in cans around her house and in her car. She lives at a lake resort in the mountains so it is close enough for her to walk so she doesnt spend $ on gas.

The others are messy hoarders..... I have not seen them in over 25 years.... BTW I have become a bit of a neat freak.... & all the kids, dog, & extra adults it is difficult for me to adjust.

OOPS! didnt ask for all that did ya!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #364
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
Hoarders! I have 3 of my siblings that qualify.
One is an expensive hoarder...she buys very expensive stuff and stacks it everywhere in her house UNOPENED! You can barely find room to walk anywhere on her property I am told....she stays at her "boyfirend's" house so she doesnt run up any utility bills...she hoards her money in cans around her house and in her car. She lives at a lake resort in the mountains so it is close enough for her to walk so she doesnt spend $ on gas.

The others are messy hoarders..... I have not seen them in over 25 years.... BTW I have become a bit of a neat freak.... & all the kids, dog, & extra adults it is difficult for me to adjust.

OOPS! didnt ask for all that did ya!
^^^^That is my MIL^^^^!! She will buy loads of the same things, use half of one and the rest just sits..this goes for gourmet foods/condiments, expensive make-up, and even clothes... $600 pairs of pants..she'll have like 4 prs of the same exact style/color and all with the tags still on 'em...like a freakin rainbow in her closet! She even had her closet built out because she had "no room" She has neat stacks all over her house and its just plain freaky. It smells musty and dusty and just makes me

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 05-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
^^^^That is my MIL^^^^!! She will buy loads of the same things, use half of one and the rest just sits..this goes for gourmet foods/condiments, expensive make-up, and even clothes... $600 pairs of pants..she'll have like 4 prs of the same exact style/color and all with the tags still on 'em...like a freakin rainbow in her closet! She even had her closet built out because she had "no room" She has neat stacks all over her house and its just plain freaky. It smells musty and dusty and just makes me
Yep! Sis buys things like microwaves, tv, stereo, lamps, antiques, dishes, gadgets, etc and all the time complains she is broke with a disability income for just herself well over $2G/month.

People are interesting.... I am just thankful I didn't inherit that DNA.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:00 PM   #366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Sorry you are feeling crappy, Amber. Get well soon! Pamper yourself with lots of rest and relaxation!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:11 PM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Ok, that's just plain weird!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:09 AM   #368
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb

Trust Him.

REALLY trust Him.

Proverbs 3:5

Old 06-01-2012, 03:46 AM   #369

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey girls, I do not have strep I could not believe it, I have never had a throat this sore and I still can barely talk above a whisper, had fever yesterday and was shivering, chills, now today is the trip to Philadelphia, so I hope the kids listen since I cant talk at them, ughgh I feel lousy and I was so looking forward to this with him, but I am going to tough it out, she gave me a RX cough medicine and said take Mucinex D, so that is what I am doing and the nettie pot, but seriously even the outside of my throat hurts!! It is crazy, so it is what it is, I am thankful that at least we are getting by I think if this had happened when I was not married, what would I have done? So I do need an attitude adjustment, but it is making me nervous, I have some interview lined up next week so that is good!
Have a good day kids!!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:26 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
Take something for the pain!!!! Tylenol, ALeve...pick something. I never thought in all my years about pain relievers for a sore throat...LOL Mostfolks just suffer through. It makes it go away sooner too. Reduce that inflammation!!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:55 AM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Not working after working most of your life is a difficult thing. We ladies used to be homemakers and NEVER worked out.

Now society defines a lady by the "job she has" not the person she is! We have come to define ourselves that way as well.

AMBER, YOU ARE MORE THAN A JOB!

Someone recently posted something about letting Tony be the breadwinner for a while!
Men like to do that kind of thing.
He just got a raise...
maybe Jesus is trying to tell you something by the increased income on one side and you being home on another...

Think about it, my friend!

You have brought your body to a healthier position.
You have quit smoking (except in appearance ).
You are STILL recovering from a major surgery.
You have NEVER allowed your body to rest & heal.
Tony got a very good pay increase (I think).
You do NOT have to punch a clock any longer.
Summer is here.

You were at a 3 hour interview talking....
Now you can barely whisper....
The "dreamy job" did not materialize...

Now your body is not responding to the probiotics...
Hmmmmm!

Can you hear a Small Quiet Voice in all this?

"Be still & know I Am God!" It may just be saying....

Didnt you just say, " I am thankful that at least we are getting by I think if this had happened when I was not married, what would I have done? So I do need an attitude adjustment,"

Is getting by NOT a good thing?
Does NOT your body need to heal?
Dont get or or or & dont
Take a deep breath & breathe!

YOU ARE RIGHT ON TARGET FOR A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE

Old 06-01-2012, 06:02 AM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Amber I do hope you are feeling better soon
Old 06-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
I hope you feel better soon Amber. I hate when others are feeling bad. Hopefully the meds work. Rest and Relax.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:54 AM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Sorry you're sick, hopefully you didn't have anything fun planned for the weekend. I ALWAYS hate it when I get sick right before a vaca or a party or something!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
I hope you feel better soon! Hate that you are feeling bad for the trip.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Amber, what is the Philadelphia trip--Bobby's school trip? Anyway, I hope you feel better and get some rest.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
Feel better soon Hon!
Old 06-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
Feel Better!
Hope the school trip went well.
M
Old 06-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
I hope you made it through today without feeling too terrible. Get well soon!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #380

Yes I made it through the Museum Trip with the kids, they all thought it was quite funny that I couldn't talk, LOL OMG the one boy I just loved he was so cute and so smart he wants to be an aerospace engineer, he spoke like a little adult he was telling me all about his parents divorce, I just wanted to squeeze him, I just wanted to squeeze him up! I had one terror but I think he knew I was sick so he didn't act up, Robert was glad I went.
So i was beat and laid low last night, I can still barely talk above a whisper, and now my head is more congested, my throat is not as sore, I am taking Ibuprofen for pain, so I thought with that feeling better I thought my voice would come back, but not yet, it is ok like the first 10 minutes I wake up people can hear me then it reverts back to nothing. I am sure I am gaining weight cause all I am drinking is icees that is the one thing that feels so good on my throat Mom came yesterday with one after I got one after the trip, LOL I hate the thought of the sugar in them, but it feels good.
Have to cook and plan a party for my Mom tomorrow, she knows how bad I feel you would think at 66 she wouldn't require such a fuss but whatever, I will do it, still in just a yuck mood over everything, but trying to get over that too. Had some good contact about resumes I sent out, so we will see. If I didn't have all this debt that was mine I wouldn't care so much but I cant let that fall on Tony, he has his own stuff to worry about. And now we get Autumn next week, the ex messed with the schedule, so now we get her early for longer, it never seems to end here!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

I'm so sorry that laying low is not in the option for you. It is wonderful when ladies can be stay at home moms & maybe just do sometype of Parties (candles Jewelry scrapbooking) for extra "spending cash".

I know several ladies that set that as a goal (SAHM) & accomplished it. What they did was took several bills (whether his or hers) and used their paycheck ONLY to eliminate those debts & cover cost of working, gas lunches etc. When those bills were totally eliminated & they were comfortably living on hubbys income they gave notice and never looked back til the kids were out of the house. Then they went back to work for FUN!

I know it takes a full 2 weeks to recover from the laryngitis.... stinks but it may be around for a while. What makes it so tough is you never really rest the larynx completely...so it just hangs on & on...

HUGS
Old 06-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #382

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Iam's right Hun....great post!

Yes, take something for inflammation! Now!

Glad the kids were good for you. They tend to do that...be better when we are at our worst.

Got davincis? Make some shaved ice in the blender and flavor with davincis. Or, alcohol free margarita! Not sure how the alcohol would affect your throat right now???

Rest and heal
Old 06-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #383
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Get well lady! Glad the kids are being good and hoping you rest and heal like you should be!
Old 06-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #384
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Wow hon! When it rains it pours or so it seems! So glad it isn't strep!!!

Everyone has given you such great advice! I especially LOVED Twyla's verse!!! Please lean not on your own understanding at this time!! Lean on Him. He will show you the way if you really ask Him! It may not be in our timing, but He will prevail and bring you what you need in order to be better in Him. I truly believe He has something special in mind for you!!! Love ya girl and saying prayers!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Phew, glad the kidlets were nice to you on the museum trip and you felt well enough to go. Those trips are always fun I reckon.

Bugger about the voice but at least it's not as sore. Rest when you can.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry you're still feeling lousy . Your a nicer daughter than me. I would have just said "mom I'm sick, sorry but no party this week. Lets reschedule or cancel". I'm just not hat nice

Iam- You are such a woman after my own heart !

Working because you have to as a women is a total bummer. My poor sister is in kind of the same situation. She got married last August and has like $160,000 in student loans to pay off. They can't afford the payments unless she gets a job. And seeing how being a stay at home mom is been her dream her whole life, well, it's a bummer.

Sorry, I totally side tracked

Have you tried low carb ice cream on your thoat? Sounds like a good excuse to have some ice cream! Heck, I'll take any excuse to get some ice cream !
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rate-lose.html
Old 06-03-2012, 03:30 AM   #387

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Amber, I'm sorry that you're battling this respiratory stuff and feeling so badly. Hope you're getting the rest that you need. You truly need to UNPLUG for a few days and let your body do its thing to fight off all of this stuff. Let go physically, and let go mentally. The stress of worrying about job options can work against your healing.

I know it's difficult to totally "let go." I know.

Decide today that your body and healing is all that matters for a few days (or week) or however long it takes.

The unemployment figures are HORRIBLE, and May's stats are worse than they originally predicted. You're not alone in this; others are feeling your pain. So you can't allow yourself to get too worked up. God has perfect timing. Our watches tend to run a bit fast most of the time. Let Him keep time.

Let Him take care of everything. Believe that He will.

Hugs.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:39 AM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

Amber darling, I got up this morning and realized what is going on with your body right now. I have seen this many times over the years with loads of people. All of a sudden they get sick & cant explain why. This usually happens right after they either loose a job or quit/retire.

When you, as a lady, are working & taking care of a household etc your body is in defense mode - you rarely get sick to the point of having to stay in bed.
After the "job" ends & you can be home your body says
OK IT IS TIME FOR ME TO RELAX AND CATCH UP WITH ALL I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING!!!

This IMO is what is happening to you. When I quit work I got sinus infections (never had them in my life) one virus after another, bacteria infections, penumonia, bronchitis etc ALL ONE RIGHT AFTER ANOTHER FOR MONTHS! On one visit to St Mary's mini-clinic I asked the Dr what was going on as I have not been "sick" in over 20 years! I gave you his explanation above close as I can recount to you.

His advise to me....Take the time you need for your body to rest and heal itself. It has had several illnesses on "hold" for 2 decades & is releasing the toxins it has been holding back. I did exactly what he said (but I didnt have the benefit of prebiotics like kefir to help). When I understood what was going on, I knew what to do. I took one illness at a time (20 years worth) & relaxed knowing it was going to happen. I DID REST & LET MY BODY HEAL! The sooner I did it, according to the Dr, the sooner it would be over.

I have seen this many times over since I learned this lesson of life. When I told my retiring friends what was going on it made sense to them & they allowed their body time to heal itself. It took a couple months for each of them as they didnt struggle for months trying to figure it out like I did. Everyone was able to continue their retirement years healthy! (I didnt get healthy til I changed my eating last year= but I am there now).

REST....REST...REST....
Send out your resumes & make your interviews but please
REST...REST...REST...ENJOY YOUR NEW HUBBY & HAVE FUN WITH THE KIDS FOR A WHILE!!!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 06-03-2012 at 04:40 AM..
Old 06-03-2012, 05:38 AM   #389

Thank IAM I did rest yesterday I am so sick of laying around, then I could not sleep in the night, I was coughing, snotty Tony has so much trouble sleeping I came down and slept on the couch, this morning, I can talk-a little better, Tony was calling me Marlon Brando from the Godfather, LOL But now my head is so congested I cant smell or taste it is really making its rounds for sure. S now hopefully once this head clears up I will be back to normal, the voice returning is a good thing, good grief that was 5 days of people looking at me funny, LOL
I am trying to be more positive, I have this debt that was mine that I have to pay so that is weighing heavy on me, there is a job fair here on Tuesday, I must go to them as part of the unemployment you have to apply to so many jobs, attend so many job fairs, etc, so I just want to be well enough for that, so that is what I am hoping to get better for. I got everything for Mom's party today, good grief, like she is 10 or something. But it is what it is.

Terrible news, our dear friend Seabreeze that posts was in Turkey and a car backed into her and she had several broken bones, she had a few days in a Turkish hospital then 24 hour flight back to the States, and is in CA having surgery please pray for her, I feel so bad for her, she will have to get well to get back home to Hawaii!!!! Seabreeze we love you!!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
OMG, How awful. Get well soon Seabreeze

Good luck with your mom's party. She is very lucky to have you Take it easy and make sure you get the rest your body needs over the next few days.
Closed Thread