Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hey there Melissa... Lets make a deal. I need to get better with my exercise and you had wanted us to get on you and ask you about exercising. So do you want to help each other. Starting tomorrow I want to workout 3, possibly 5 times a week. Lets help each other!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Hey there Melissa... Lets make a deal. I need to get better with my exercise and you had wanted us to get on you and ask you about exercising. So do you want to help each other. Starting tomorrow I want to workout 3, possibly 5 times a week. Lets help each other!!!
That sounds great! I really don't want to exercise, So I really need to! Without accountability I don't get much done . What's your torture, I mean exercise of choice?
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #213
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Haha! Torture! I'm with you Melissa, I am dreading the exercise part. I always wonder how in heck all those really really big people on Biggest Loser workout for llike 6 hrs+ a day. I'd be dead on the floor
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

All right, I think that I need to write down my eating before I forget.

Breakfast: Do I even need to say coffee and cream

Lunch: Hot link and coconut bread and butter

Snack: 4 carbs worth of sunflower seeds

Dinner: 2 protein drinks (with some cream for added fat. Stinken low fat low carb protein drinks. Why can't they make inexpensive low carb high fat protein drinks they sell at Costco?)

My tummy is not feeling very good . On the bright side it made making dinner easy. Ravioli for the fam and protein drinks for muah. I did not want to eat but I thought I should make myself eat something. The chocolate shake is kind of bland, but surprisingly the vanilla is really tasty. But I have a case of chocolate that I need to drink. So I mixed the chocolate and the vanilla to not waste the chocolate, and well, I ate, I mean drank, too much . I think I'm hitting the sack early.

On the bright side as well I already have a doc appointment for my fibromyalgia ( I have to google that to spell it every time! ) tomorrow If I'm coming down with something !
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rate-lose.html
Old 05-31-2012, 05:10 AM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Hey girl, yay on fitting your old jeans! You're doing great! Your energy and excitement is contagious!
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:44 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWANNABE View Post

On the bright side as well I already have a doc appointment for my fibromyalgia ( I have to google that to spell it every time! ) tomorrow If I'm coming down with something !
Something amazing you will find is that LC really helps with the fibro thingy. It may take a while but gluten is an inflamation catylist and fibro has EVERYTHING to do with inflamation! Fought that monster for over 24 years and Just last March kicked that sucker right to the roadside. I have used lc and fermented foods ~ lots of tumeric also helps. My energy is back & pain level down to maybe 5% verses 110% all the time.

Kinda knowing you are helping your body more ways than one.
You will note that I did MY in bold. May I help you with something? NEVER NEVER NEVER TAKE CLAIM TO THAT MONSTER if you plan on beating it! By saying MY & MINE you are taking ownership of it and FM has you right where it wants you!

I am 66 & know it is beatable! I dont mean that this old body doesnt have tender spots (OK tender all over except maybe the tip of my nose) but I dont have to touch me so therefore I dont hurt. I had a rheumatologist tell me FM was beatable and I believed him. OK so now I am rambling and this is your journal.... Just think about what I said.

You are doing so well! I just made it through to the present end of your journal!

You will make your goal of being healthy, trim & attractive one LC day at a time for the rest of your life!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:08 AM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
You are really doing so great!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

My exercise of choice is ZUMBA. But on non ZUMBA days I am lost. I don't have any one set thing that I do. I am trying to get in a good routine. If I can do anything on the other days I would be happy. Any ideas?
Old 05-31-2012, 09:25 AM   #219
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hope your tummy is feeling better this morning? Lordy, I could never have 2 shakes!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
Something amazing you will find is that LC really helps with the fibro thingy. It may take a while but gluten is an inflamation catylist and fibro has EVERYTHING to do with inflamation! Fought that monster for over 24 years and Just last March kicked that sucker right to the roadside. I have used lc and fermented foods ~ lots of tumeric also helps. My energy is back & pain level down to maybe 5% verses 110% all the time.

Kinda knowing you are helping your body more ways than one.
You will note that I did MY in bold. May I help you with something? NEVER NEVER NEVER TAKE CLAIM TO THAT MONSTER if you plan on beating it! By saying MY & MINE you are taking ownership of it and FM has you right where it wants you!

I am 66 & know it is beatable! I dont mean that this old body doesnt have tender spots (OK tender all over except maybe the tip of my nose) but I dont have to touch me so therefore I dont hurt. I had a rheumatologist tell me FM was beatable and I believed him. OK so now I am rambling and this is your journal.... Just think about what I said.

You are doing so well! I just made it through to the present end of your journal!

You will make your goal of being healthy, trim & attractive one LC day at a time for the rest of your life!
Thanks so much! And never be afraid to ramble on my journal. I know I do! I really enjoy the conversation. Reading your post makes me think about back when I had lost all that weight the first time. When I was being really good on Atkins and doing all of my exercising, my pain was next to nothing!

I never thought about the whole gluten thing. I'm interested and I think I'll be looking into the fybro gluten link.

Thanks!

And I'm glad you are here with me !
Old 05-31-2012, 10:29 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvslowcarb View Post
Hey girl, yay on fitting your old jeans! You're doing great! Your energy and excitement is contagious!
Thanks! We can all be hot honey badger cheer leaders for eachother . Ok, any excuse to try to fit into a cute cheer leader uniform .
Old 05-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
My exercise of choice is ZUMBA. But on non ZUMBA days I am lost. I don't have any one set thing that I do. I am trying to get in a good routine. If I can do anything on the other days I would be happy. Any ideas?
Walking is pretty much a good fall back anytime. I have an rocken elliptical, the Yowza Navare. It is in the family room, which has been a horrible mess for a while. I want to get it it cleaned up so that I enjoy working out in there more. It is kind of surrounded in toys at the moment . My pain levels being so high has made it pretty tough to keep up with housekeeping. Pretty embarrassing for a homemaker .

Do you go to a gym for Zumba? Or is is just a studio? I also call yard work exercise .
Old 05-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Real quick:

The scale went down to 257.4!!!!!!!!

Only .2 pounds by tomorrow and I will have met my goal!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:01 AM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
HEY JC!!!!

YAY for all of your progress!!! I am excited for you and rooting you on!!!! KUTGW!!!

I may join you and Melanie on your exercise challenge!! Let's do this ladies!! Lets get to our goals!! Mine is to be in the 260's... I like the way Amber says focus on one decade at a time... def helps me.
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:10 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
HEY JC!!!!

YAY for all of your progress!!! I am excited for you and rooting you on!!!! KUTGW!!!

I may join you and Melanie on your exercise challenge!! Let's do this ladies!! Lets get to our goals!! Mine is to be in the 260's... I like the way Amber says focus on one decade at a time... def helps me.
Sounds great Cassidy! What kind of exercise do you like to do?
Old 05-31-2012, 11:18 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have a gym membership and I like to do the treadmill, exercise bike, and the elliptical. Since I hurt my knee in "THE BIG EASY" I need something that isn't so hard on my knees until it heals so I will probably be doing the exercise bike today and the next few days. I like Zumba too but have only attended a few classes.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
I want to join y'all in the exercise challenge too. Is this going to be a new thread started?
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:51 PM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Congrats, JC!!!!!!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Nikki

A new thread? Hmmm? What do you other girls think? Should I start a "Exercising Hotties" thread for exercising accountability?
Old 05-31-2012, 09:50 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

One step ahead of you.....

Check this out...
Exercise Tag

Follow the link to check in and play the game!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:35 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

I had a pretty busy afternoon. So now its 9:48 at night and I'm finally getting here. I totally did not drink enough water today. I need to drink more. I my eating was pretty good.

Breakfast: coffee and cream

Snack: coffee and cream and coconut bread smothered in a million pounds of butter . Well, you know what I mean

Lunch: 2 carb protein drink

Snack: cheese stick 2x

Dinner: salad with ranch, onions, and bacon with chicken

Snack: sugar free gummy bears

I think I may have had a little too many gummy bears. The sugar alcohols sent me running to the potty . I should just keep those around instead of fiber pills ! They seem to work way better (and quick!)

My doc appointment went really well. He increased the gabapentin like I wanted him to. I also asked for a rx of stuff to make me stop bleeding in case I have one of my insane periods. My pcos makes my bleeding really irregular and can make me bleed so much I have issues. Like, wearing a pad and a tampon and standing up and splashing on the carpet issues or bleeding for 4 months strait issues. Not fun . So hopefully my period will end on its own in a week or so, otherwise I'm gonna take the rx.

I am totally happy that I wowed my doc with my weight loss. The last time I weighed in there back in Jan I was at 283. I saw him in march but declined a weigh in. I was probably about 289 then maybe. He totally agrees that low carb is a great way to lose weight. He is still a bit shy of atkins version "because of the fat content and heart issues" but for weight loss he agrees that it is great. Kind of one of those it's better to lose the weight and eat the fat rather than eat low fat and stay fat kind of things. I just kind of smiled and nodded and kept my ideas about how wonderful dietary fat is and thinking that it is really healthy. I really agree with most of the stuff my docs at my office Believe though. It is actually a natropathic practice and my main doc (the wife of the doc I saw today) was the midwife for both of my home births. It's cool because now she is also my kids doc and my doc. Her husband is a naturopathic doctor but also a nurse practioner so he can prescribe anything. They just added a birthing center onto their office that is really nice.

Sorry, totally off topic. I was just so happy to be able to impress the doc with my weight loss . He was saying that it was a really fast weight loss and was really impressed.

I'm a little nervous about tomorrow. Tomorrow will be the end of my first week of having a goal to meet. I know that I only have .2 pounds to lose by tomorrow to meet it, but I'm still nervous. So, the big number is 257.2. I wonder what I should do to reward myself? Well, not food! I'm trying to get away from the idea that food is a reward. Unless it is like going out to a healthy restaurant.

Maybe another new dress? Or some shoes? I gotta watch it though. I'm not rich and my kids are needing some new clothes. Maybe I could put $10 in a jar or something every time I meet my weekly goal. The at the end I could go clothes shopping. Hmmm... I like $15 better $15 a week for 13 weeks would be a $195 shopping spree.

Oh, I'm making myself drool!!!!! By then I'll need some new clothes. I mean, after 40 pounds I'm bound to be much smaller. I think that would put me into the size 14-16 range. Right now I'm an 18W. Oh wow! I just realized that my size does not start with a 2 any more! That is so cool! I heard once that the average women is a size 14. I don't know if it is true or not. I don't want to be a size 14, or a 2, or whatever. I just want to be able to look in the mirror naked and say to myself that I look healthy. And of course I would love to be able to rock some thigh highs and a teddy . Come on, you know you want to too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! Am I extra ADD tonight or what? Well, tomorrow the scale will say what ever it says, and that is that. I have a feeling that it will be good. I ate good today and did a lot of walking shopping. Forgetting Ziploc baggies at costco, that are in the very back of the store, when you are in the front of the store already can be a bit of a work out, let me tell you. I swear I spent half of my time at costco going back and forth because of forgetting stuff. I think I was there for over an hour and a half . Can I consider that going for a walk? I mean, I was pushing a two ton cart! Well, with it overloaded and two kids in the front it sure felt like two tons! When I went and paid for everything they put it in two carts and had someone help me push the other one. Yeah, I spent way too much time and money there today . Oh well.

See ya'll in the morning!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:43 PM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

You will definitely meet your goal...but if not you will meet it the next day just one day short!!! I always leave myself room.

I can't wait to rock out a teddy and thigh highs!!! Heck I'm looking forward to a mini skirt and thigh high boots!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:52 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You will definitely meet your goal...but if not you will meet it the next day just one day short!!! I always leave myself room.

I can't wait to rock out a teddy and thigh highs!!! Heck I'm looking forward to a mini skirt and thigh high boots!!!!
Your are totally right! I won't be down on myself if I don't make it. I'll just try really hard to keep to my goal weights on my goal dates. Next Friday my goal is 254.0.

I know it sounds weird, but more than rock'n the sexy stuff, I would love to look cute this winter. You know like those picturesque pictures of snow bunnies in sung comfy looking sweaters sipping hot coco in a cabin after a day of sking? With the tight jeans and they don't have to pull their sweaters over their bellies to cover fatness? It's a weird thing of mine. But hey, normal is boring .
Old 05-31-2012, 10:58 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

That sounds fun too!!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 05:17 AM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWANNABE View Post
Your are totally right! I won't be down on myself if I don't make it. I'll just try really hard to keep to my goal weights on my goal dates. Next Friday my goal is 254.0.

I know it sounds weird, but more than rock'n the sexy stuff, I would love to look cute this winter. You know like those picturesque pictures of snow bunnies in sung comfy looking sweaters sipping hot coco in a cabin after a day of sking? With the tight jeans and they don't have to pull their sweaters over their bellies to cover fatness? It's a weird thing of mine. But hey, normal is boring .
Hey, I'm with ya, lady! I want to be able to wear trousers with my shirt tucked in and a pair of heels to work this fall, like this:

I hope that worked. I don't think that's too much to ask, so let's hit it for fall and winter fashion!!!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:00 AM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Isn't it funny the goals we set for ourselves? I just want to be able to sit down without my belly sitting on my lap!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:27 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
You gals are all so inspiring! I want to be able to wear a sleeveless shirt in public without feeling like everyone is staring at my bat wings.

I'm glad your doc appointment went well and that he was impressed with the weight loss. You are rocking it!!
writermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I want to be able to wear sleeveless shirts, and wear fitty shirts without worrying about my kangaroo pouch or belly poking out.

I love your mini goals JC!!!!! KUTGW girl.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deMuralist
Stats: 289.8/270/160
WOE: JUDDD with EMF
Start Date: October 2012
There is/was never a time in my life when I could look like that photo. Not the look I would rock. I am more Rubenesque. My goal is much more "Nigella Lawson" than runway model!

I did 30 minutes of Just Dance yesterday with my daughter (did I say this already?) we had a blast, singing laughing and in the end dancing enough to get some serious exercise.

She is a runner, and luckily has the perfect body. Hopefully she will keep it! She is already ahead of the game though since shes never gotten into the diet craze.

"Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same"
~Francesca Reigle
deMuralist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Hey, I'm with ya, lady! I want to be able to wear trousers with my shirt tucked in and a pair of heels to work this fall, like this:

I hope that worked. I don't think that's too much to ask, so let's hit it for fall and winter fashion!!!
Oh I love it! A shirt tucked in!!!????!!!! I can only imagine what that would be like!