Old 05-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/219.8/135 5'5"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by deMuralist View Post
I read an article about a woman who cured herself of some disease (I want to say MS) by eating 9 different fruits and mostly veggies every day. She was very systematic about which ones, and and her reasons. But it made me think I could do 9 different ones -not necessarily 9 servings of each, but at least 9 different ones. I have IBD so I admit that "not going" is not usually an issue for me, and fiber from grains really causes me problems. But since I have started with the 9 different veggies (and 1 fruit) I am much more "normal" regular. Might work, and certainly nicer than taking something, especially in the summer when everything is so good.
Well, I definatly should be eating more veggies
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

It's that time again. Now I just have to remember what I ate.

Lets see.....

Breakfast: coffee and cream

Lunch: tuna made with mayo, mustard, celery and a little pickle juice on cheddar cheese
A pickle

Dinner: same as lunch minus the pickle with some buttered coconut "cake" (really bread)

I'll probably have some jello and cream after the kids go to bed

Well, the laxative worked a little. I'm hoping that I can see some lower numbers tomorrow. I'd like to see 258 or so in the morning

I really hope that I can meet my goal of 257.2 or less by Friday. I would be on top of the world happy! Of course if I don't, then I'll be motivated to work all the harder.

It's funny, I've been on Atkins several times throughout the years. The biggest time, right before I met my now husband when I lost over 100 pounds should have taught me to live low carb for life. But I was still looking at low carb as a "diet to lose weight" if you know what I mean. I tried going back on it for a little while after my son was born. But I had no support at all. I had to practically twist my husbands arm to let me go low carb. I had this to defend Atkins to this psyco personal trainer my old gym had set me up with. And he was just plain creepy! My work out buddies were on the low fat thing and did not think atkins was any good. I was totally on my own.

No wonder I gave up so fast. Nobody believed in me. Nobody wanted me to stay with atkins. But again, I was looking at it as a diet to lose weight, not as a lifelong way of eating.

Yes, I am looking to lose a butt load of fat (yes, pun intended ), but I am realizing more and more that eating low carb is not just a weight loss diet, it's a life time diet. For me any way. I simply can't not gain weight when I eat carbs! I think that I am finally starting to accept that fact. I guess I'm just a bit slow !

I am getting really excited about losing weight now. Now that I see that it really is possible, and I actually AM doing it, it is really exciting
! I mean, the thought that if I can make my weekly goals that I might actually be able to be at my wedding weight! How cool is that! This whole goal thing is really cool. I can actually see what I am working for. I have a reason to stay the course and put everything I have into it. If I'm not losing as much as I want to, I know that I can just kick it up a notch! There is no "well, I might be able to lose weight, I'll give it a try". What there is is me doing it! I know that I might not be able to reach my goals in the time I want to. I realize that I have set pretty high goals. My mom told me that my goals were not realistic (the day she was eating tons of chocolate cake). My sister wants to set her goals at like a pound a week because she is afraid that she will get mad if she does not reach her goal . I don't get it myself.

I know that I'm not the only one who has sat down with a pen, paper, and calendar and calculated what weight they will be at by a certain date. You guys are out there and are probably reading this . I've done it before, and failed. So I was almost afraid to do it again, but I did it.

So here is pretty much what my chart looks like. My start date was last Friday, May 25th. I weighed in at 260.4. My plan is to lose 3.2 pounds a week, weighing in every Friday, so that I can lose 41.6 pounds by August 24th, 13 weeks later. That should put me at 220 on about August 21st, my 7 year anniversary. The same weight that I weighed on my wedding (about). Unfortunately that is still about 40 pounds more than I weighed 8 months before my wedding when I first met my now husband.

See? 8 months of compromising low carb and I gained 40 pounds. I don't know when exactly I weighed what, but I'm pretty sure that it was more like 40 pounds in the last 4 months before my wedding. That's when I started to do go over to his house after classes (I was in college) and do his cooking for the most part. I know, right? What a spoiled guy. I started cleaning, shopping, and cooking for him months before we were even married. He had it good! Maybe that's why he married me! LOL !

Any way, I digress. What was I talking about? Oh yeah, goals. My goals have a different agenda now. Before I wanted to meet a goal for some one, or something else. Now, I want to meet my goal for ME!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rate-lose.html

Old 05-29-2012, 03:09 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
Your goals are completely realistic. As long as you stay strictly on plan, the weight should melt off. I lost 30 lbs in my first 3 months on Atkins. It's been pretty slow going since I hit onederland, but I think 190ish is kind of a set point for me. Plus I haven`t been 100% on plan, 100% of the time
Have a good day!
mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:12 AM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
I think it's awesome to have goals, and I feel sure you can achieve them!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Hi JC!
Yep, goals are super important. You are really thinking it all through and that is how you make progress.

I always make my tuna with pickle juice too! When I was pregnant I could not get enough pickle juice. I would save the pickle jars when the pickles were gone and drink spoonfuls of juice all the time.
writermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Weight Loss - Diet Ticker
Old 05-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Hey girl, I just wanted to let you know that I posted something to you in my journal.
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvslowcarb View Post
Hey girl, I just wanted to let you know that I posted something to you in my journal.
Thanks Nikki!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

It's that time again. Time to tell it all. Good, bad, or ugly.

Thankfully, no bad or ugly today, just good!

First of all, stats:

Breakfast: coffee and cream

Snack: 2 carbs worth of sunflower seeds

Lunch: Protein drink (2 carbs 160 cal)

Snack: 2 hot links (4 carbs each) Yeah, my lunch and snack got kind of turned around in size

Dinner: Steak and broccoli with lots and lots of butter on it (or was it butter with broccoli on it? )

I went for a long walk with the kids and the dog. My poor dog has not been walked nearly enough lately. I could tell he's getting out of shape . He's such a cool dog. Purebred doberman pincher and super pretty! My kids were so cute. At one point they were running together holding hands while my 6 year old was singing "BEST FRIENDS FOREEEEEEVER! BEST FRIENDS FOREEEEEVER!" to her 3 year old little brother. I was watching then running in the sunshine ahead of me and I had one of those "this is the best part of being a mommy" moments.

Ok, onto the more important matters, THE SCALE! I'll just copy and paste from the daily weighers thread.

5-3: 269.8
5-4: 270.8
5-5: 269.6
5-6: 267.6
5-7: 267.6
5-8: 268.2
5-9: 267.8
5-10: ?
5-11: 267.6
5-12: 265.0
5-13: ?
5-14: 266.0
5-15: 266.8
5-16: ?
5-17: ?
5-18: ?
5-19: 263.5
5-24: 262.4
5-25: 260.4
5-26: 259.0
5-27: 260.0
5-28: 260.2 Body fat 45.1% Water 39.9%
5-29: 258.0 Body fat 45.0% Water 40.0%

Something I am really loving about lc: my nails! they are so strong and are growing so fast. If I actually took the time to take care of the they would look smokin hot!

I talked to my mom about my feelings about her trying to derail me from my diet this past weekend. She said she was really sorry. I also apologized to her for the times I have done that to her in the past. Both my mom and sister are now wishing they had done what I had and stayed low carb over the weekend. I feel really bad for them. I have been in their shoes what seems like a million times before. But I have to say, I'm glad it was them and not me .

Weird, usually it's my mom who is good on holidays and me and my sis who are porking out on forbidden yummies like its our last meal. I'm not saying that that's what they did. But it sure is what I did. Again, and again, and again. I think this last round of low carbing is the only one where I have stayed on when everyone else has given in. That's pretty big for me. I am extra glad I did when I see the regret of my loved ones who gave in. My poor sister said the she had gained back everything that she had lost in since starting 3 weeks ago .

But not giving in has made me even more determined to keep working towards my goals. And you know what? I am starting to really believe that I can meet them. It's been about 6 weeks since I've started and I feel like I have really hit a groove. Like, now I'm not starting, I'm in it and it is a way of life.

I would just love it if my kids did not remember me like this as they grow up. I want them to have a healthy role model. I don't want my kids to grow up knowing me as I am now. I just realized that my kids are young enough that if I lose the weight now, they will not remember me as "fat" the way I did with my mom. I was always aware that my mom was fat, and I was fat, and I knew the the whole world knew it. And it really affected my self esteem. My mom never wanted pictures taken of her because she was fat. So now I don't like my picture being taken because I am fat. We don't have family pictures of us growing up with because of it. I don't want to do that to my kids. I want to love pictures! I want to know that when a picture is taken that someday my great grand children are going to enjoy seeing it because they only new me as a spunky old woman.

I want to live to see lots of great grand children! I am actually on my way to becoming a step grandma right now at the age of 31 . Weird huh? One of my stepsons is about to become a daddy. FYI, my hubby is 46. I think I was his mid life crisis that stuck around .

Ok, I think I'm getting into that weird rambling place again. Gotta love ADD!

I hope I'm not to much more soar than normal tomorrow because of my walk and housework. I was walking the pace of my 3 year old son, so it was not a very brisk walk. But I can feel it in my joints already. Ok, that is so wrong. There is no way that I should be saying a sentance like that about my joints at 31 ! When I'm 32, that is not going to happen any more! I am so done feeling like I'm 90 when I'm only 31.

So, I'll be 32 in January. Should I dare to set a goal of where I want to be weight wise then? Kind of scary. But I think I'll do it anyway. Ok, a little under 8 months. And yes, I was just counting the months on my fingers in front of my computor . Could I be under 150 by my birthday? Lets see. 110 divided by 8 months is 13.75 pounds a month. Maybe that is just a little much. Maybe I should think of this differently. My first goal is to get to 220 by August 21st. Then there is 5 months till my bday from there. So maybe my next goal would be to lose 60 pounds in the next five months until my bday.

Sorry, I'm kind of thinking out loud through the keyboard .

So that would put me at 160 by my bday. Wow would that be totally cool or what.

Oh wow. I just looked at the time. I think I typed too much .

See ya'll tomorrow!
Old 05-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Melissa~ I am so proud of you!!! You are doing awesome. Setting goals has really helped me focus on the goal and not the enormity of the big number. You are doing awesome and I love where your mind is. That is so huge when it comes to losing weight.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:47 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Finally made it to page 2

I started reading your journal 2 days ago and finally got to page two....guess by Sunday I will have caught up.

your posts! You are so in your writing....such wit... I am glad you started this journey(al)... Someday you could put all these witty thoughts into a book for everyone to read! It would be such a humorous way for us to at ourselves while getting the point across.

But you would have to include all the smiles in your writing as that gives such a personal touch....just something for you to think about....

Back to my reading.
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:12 AM   #192
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hun you are smart to plan, and have goals, I always looked at getting to the next decade, cause having to lose over 100 pounds seems huge but if you say I gotta lose 10 pounds it is so much easier, just keep in mind the weight comes flying off but it does slow down and as long as you can motivate yourself that you are sticking to plan even if not losing, that will get you through. You are doing great you had success before and you will again, I wish Casey would come back soon, she lost over 100 pounds too and then gained after the kids, she said she might after she is done nursing, you two have a lot in common, both young moms, beautiful blondes, and similar situations!
Old 05-30-2012, 05:21 AM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Subscribing!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
I started reading your journal 2 days ago and finally got to page two....guess by Sunday I will have caught up.

your posts! You are so in your writing....such wit... I am glad you started this journey(al)... Someday you could put all these witty thoughts into a book for everyone to read! It would be such a humorous way for us to at ourselves while getting the point across.

But you would have to include all the smiles in your writing as that gives such a personal touch....just something for you to think about....

Back to my reading.
Awww! Super thanks!!!

I'll take all the affirmation I can get! It's you guys that keep me going!
Old 05-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Melissa~ I am so proud of you!!! You are doing awesome. Setting goals has really helped me focus on the goal and not the enormity of the big number. You are doing awesome and I love where your mind is. That is so huge when it comes to losing weight.
Thanks Melanie! I gotta keep some high goals if I'm gonna try to copy cat your success
Old 05-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hun you are smart to plan, and have goals, I always looked at getting to the next decade, cause having to lose over 100 pounds seems huge but if you say I gotta lose 10 pounds it is so much easier, just keep in mind the weight comes flying off but it does slow down and as long as you can motivate yourself that you are sticking to plan even if not losing, that will get you through. You are doing great you had success before and you will again, I wish Casey would come back soon, she lost over 100 pounds too and then gained after the kids, she said she might after she is done nursing, you two have a lot in common, both young moms, beautiful blondes, and similar situations!
I'd love to "meet" Casey! I found her journal and I hope she comes back soon .

Yeah, the whole "oh my goodness I have over 100 pounds to lose it's gonna take forever and ever and the end seems so far away" thing is pretty intimidating. For now I'm trying to break it down into a weekly goal of 3.2 pounds. 3.2 pounds seems really easy. And a week gives your body just enough time to make the scale do something and not focus on the day to day fluctuations. But knowing that those little goals add up to my big goals helps me to be more motivated to make them. But if I don't make them, it just motivates me to work even harder. It's a great win/win situation .
Old 05-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Wow, congrats on the impending grandchild! I have 2 stepsons--they are 18 and 16, so I could be a young granny too (although I hope not!) I'm 45 though, so I'm sure they wouldn't think I was young anyway.

You are doing really great with keeping track of everything and reporting in here. Keep doing what you're doing and you will make that goal by your birthday!
writermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Laura! It is so nice to hear people say that my goals are attainable. I kind of wonder sometimes if my goals are crazy and it's all in my head that they are possible.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Setting goals is wonderful, and yes, you CAN achieve them! Too many times in the last attempts to lose weight I truly believe I set myself up to fail by allowing myself to not set anything for myself. I gave myself no accountability and made excuses for everything. Thinking back to the one time I was able to truly achieve success at weightloss I lost 80 lbs because I remained diligent throughout all of it by documenting my good days and bad days and setting goals for myself constantly. So as I type this, I am becoming psyched to set myself up for some success by setting goals for myself this time around! No excuses is the name of the game for me and I know I can do it! Thanks for the motivation!

I most definitely think you can reach 160 by your birthday. How exciting will that be! Can you even freakin believe there's like 6 months until Xmas!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

COOL!!!!!!

You are actually getting me even more psyched out!!!!! Where is the rocky music in the background when you need it? LOL!

Wait a minute....

There it is!:w orkout:
Old 05-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Oops! I almost forgot this:

5-3: 269.8
5-4: 270.8
5-5: 269.6
5-6: 267.6
5-7: 267.6
5-8: 268.2
5-9: 267.8
5-10: ?
5-11: 267.6
5-12: 265.0
5-13: ?
5-14: 266.0
5-15: 266.8
5-16: ?
5-17: ?
5-18: ?
5-19: 263.5
5-24: 262.4
5-25: 260.4
5-26: 259.0
5-27: 260.0
5-28: 260.2 Body fat 45.1% Water 39.9%
5-29: 258.0 Body fat 45.0% Water 40.0%
5-30: 258.4 Body fat 45.0% Water 40.0% TOM (after drinking big 16 oz-ish coffee)
Old 05-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #202
Blabbermouth!!!

Ha! That's funny! My dh has been calling me Rocky because he's been implementing the whole thing of NO EXCUSES to me. Now I'm gonna be singing Rocky theme music all day!!
Old 05-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are doing so great Melissa!
Old 05-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Ha! That's funny! My dh has been calling me Rocky because he's been implementing the whole thing of NO EXCUSES to me. Now I'm gonna be singing Rocky theme music all day!!

:r ofl:

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
You are doing so great Melissa!
Thanks Janet!
Old 05-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, I forgot to tell you all something cool that happened yesterday.

Here is the deal: When I look in the mirror I don't see any difference. To me the mirror sees the same "skinny challenged", oh what the heck, FAT woman in the mirror. It is hard to see a difference in your body with only 20 or 30 pounds when you are as big as I am. I don't usually wear tight fitting clothes so it is hard to know like the person who wears jeans every day. That pretty blue dress fitting was awesome, but I could still wear it before. It was too tight and did not look to hot, but I could get it on.

Well, there is this pair of jeans. They used to fit, once upon a time. I don't usually wear jeans. I am a dressy girl and am always in in dresses and skirts except for the stretchy exercise pants I put on to work out sometimes. And yes, I had a pretty dress on yesterday when I went for my walk . So, the last time I tried these jeans on, well...... You know when you feel like you had about 30 minutes of cardio spending five minutes trying despratly to put on a pair of jeans and you still cannot button it much less zip it up? Come on, we know that we've all done it! Well, it was those jeans.

I'm sure by know you can tell where I'm going. Well I tried them on last night, and YIPPEE they fit! And not the grunting laying flat on your bed with your feet on the floor craning your neck to try to see how much further it needs to zip up further. The pull them up with minimal hip wiggles and not straining any muscles buttoning them or zipping them up fitting. And the muffin top did not even come into play unless I would have sat down. Even then, I think that I would have been comfy sitting.

So even though I see the same face and body in the mirror, I can know that although my body may still be the same shape, it IS getting smaller! Of course it may have been easier to say something like "A pair of jeans that did not use to fit fits now", but then I would not have been the typical woman and made explanations much longer than necessary. Who am I to toss aside tradition?

Oh, they were a size 18W from apt9. I have a pair of the same brand in a 16W sitting in my drawer with all of its stickers and tags on that I purchaced in hopes of fitting in them soon. Yeah, I think its been at least a couple of years since I bought them. I guess soon is a relative term .
Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Keep up the great work!!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is an awesome feeling!
Old 05-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #209
Blabbermouth!!!

Oooooo how exciting! How fun is it to fit into clothes you couldn't wear before! Nice job!!!
I can't wait to be there someday!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

WOO HOO on the new sizes!!!! YAY!!!