Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
It's that time again. Nightly recap of the day.

First, stats: Weighed in (on my new scale) at 262.4

Breakfast: coffee and cream

Snack: Left over coconut flour muffins with gobs of butter (miracle of miracles there WERE left overs!)

Lunch: Protein shake (2 carb vanilla)

Dinner: 3/4 hot link, salad, and some mongolian beef (I just picked out the beef and left the sauce and veggies and just ate the meat)

I hope there was not too much sugar left in the beef. I think I need to perfect my low carb muffin recipe and make another batch. And another, and another, and another..........

I don't know why, but for some reason I felt absolutely GREAT this morning. I was so full of energy and my pain level was pretty low. So I took advantage of the situation and pumped up the music and rocked out around the house getting it cleaned up. Me and the kids had a great time shaking our booties! I found a new station on pandora, alice dj. Lots of exercise, jazzercise, dance type music.

I hope the neighbors were not looking . Shaking it in front of my kids is one thing. The neighbors really don't need to see the jiggle that goes with my wiggle, if you know what I mean . Maybe I should try to do that every morning. I sure got my heart rate up! It may not be "exercise" like going for a walk or using my eliptical, but what the heck.

I've got a pretty busy day tomorrow. My dd has an eye doc appointment, I have to go buy party decorations, drinks, and order a cake for her 6th bday party on Saturday. We are doing a luau party! Should be really fun. Leis for party favors, limbo, conga line musical chairs. I'm still planning, but I'm going to have it be pretty laid back. My parents got me their community clubhouse reserved and it's pretty awesome. Its on a little island with a bridge to it. It has a huge empty room for the club house, a playground, tennis court, basket ball court, and a swimming pool. I don't think the pool is open yet though. My mom has a paddle boat she is going to bring over and a ring toss game. It's going to be my little girls first birthday party with friends and not just family.

So I might not be on here much for the next couple of days. Busy busy!! But I will try to at least stop by and enter my weights.
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Yay on the weight. Thats a new number isn't it??

Wow, that clubhouse sounds like paradise. Have fun getting everything ready, and don't forget to plan ahead for your meals as well so you aren't tempted by the goodies.

Have a great weekend.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Oh how I have thought about that cake that I have not even bought yet!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Run away from the sugar....
Old 05-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, I so should be in bed right not. But, well, I'm not. Moving on.....

I was just thinking about the end of May being in a week and wondering if I should set a goal. One week........ How much weight do I want to lose in one week. Well, I'd like to lose about 150 pounds. But, baring and alien abduction from extraterritorial visitors experimenting on humans for weight loss, I don't think that's going to happen.

3 pounds? 5 pounds? My new scale only does weight in .2 increments so I have to pick something even. Ok, so right now I weigh 262.4. I think that that is actually a bit higher than it should be because of drinking before I weighed. So if I want to lose 5 pounds by June 1st I'll need to weigh in at 257.4 or less on that day. Realistically, I know that that is a huge amount for one week. But just maybe.......

Shoot for the stars and land on the moon or shoot for the barn and land in the poop. I might be able to do it.

So, I just realized that now that I have a goal, I have to figure out how on earth I am going to try to make it happen. Freaking annoying logic! So, if I want to lose 5 pounds in the next 7 days, what do I do? Well, I think there is no getting around the fact that some sort of exercise has to come into play.

Dang it! Now I have to make an exercise goal!

Well, I guess that's a good thing . So tomorrow I'll be crazy busy. Maybe I can just fit in a walk with the kids and dog. I'm going to hate myself for saying this. But would you guys ask me if I exercised tomorrow?

Saturday I think that the party will give me enough exercise. I just have to stay away from cake !

Sunday. I think that I want to do my eliptical for 5 min. I know, but my doc wants me to start really slow on it.

Monday. Walk with kids and dog

Tuesday. 7 mins on eliptical

Wednesday. Walk with kids and dog

Thursday. 8 mins on eliptical and walk with kids and dog

I'm not going to give myself a goal for walking other than to get out the door and start. I've learned that simply getting out the door gets me doing enough.

I think the only goal I'll make for eating is no cheating and keeping writing down my food here on my journal.

Oh, I do want to make a goal of remembering to take my vitamins though. I'm not real good at that. Now that we have gummy vitamins in the house for the kids, I'm sure that they will start reminding me to get THEIR vitamins. That should hopefully remind ME to take mine!

So, once again, I'm sure that I will hate myself for asking you all this. But would you guys help keep me accountable with my exercise? If I know that you all will be asking if I worked out then I think that I will be much more likely to actually do it .

Wow. I did not see all that coming when I started typing .
Old 05-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Extra extra, read all about it:
Neurotic housewife obsessed with scale freaks out with happiness over 2 pound weight loss!

Yep, that's me! The scale went down 2 pounds from yesterday to 260.4. That 5 pound weight loss is seeming more and more reachable.

I am soooooo stoked to get to the 250's, because that will mean that I am almost to the 240's, which is only 20 pounds away from the weight I was when I got married. I know, I know. It sounds a bit weird. But that's how my weird mind works .

Come to think of it, I think that getting to 230 will be a big milestone. Because that will mean I finally have LESS than 100 pounds to lose. Still, I would really, I MEAN REALLY, like to get to my wedding weight by my anniversary. Kind of symbolic I guess. I know that I will also have to build a lot of muscle to have the same body at 220 that I did almost 7 years ago.

So my wedding anniversary is August 21st. Oh my, that's in only 3 months! 3 months is not a lot of time. So that would be about 40 pounds in 3 months. Hmmmm??????? I little over 13 pounds a month. That does not seem so bad does it? A little more actually because it is the 25th today and my anniversary is on August 21st. So I'm already 4 days in! I think I need to make a goal chart.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
You are doing so great!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
I hope the luau party goes well. We did the same thing for my DD's 7th bday last September. She handed everyone a lei as they came in.

Making a list of your goals is a great idea. I try to plan my exercise for the week too because otherwise there is too much temptation to not do it.

Have a great weekend and happy birthday to your daughter!!
writermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Here are some motivating pics from my wedding and honeymoon:

Look! I have a waist!

Old 05-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

I also just loaded a bunch of pics onto my profile album!
Old 05-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Great pics! You'll get back to that size.

Awe I like the luau party idea, I wish I was there to make her cake. I totally have a picture in my mind of a cute cake.
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

YAY on the 2 lb loss!!! WOO HOO!!!

You can definitely do it!!!! I lost 50 lbs in 4 months. You can definitely do it!!!!

So did you exercise today yet? What about your vitamin? I always forget too.

Last edited by Happy2be; 05-25-2012 at 02:44 PM..
Old 05-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh and how could I forget... congrats on the 2 lbs!!
Old 05-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #134
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Yay on the 2!!!

You made a beautiful bride! Still beautiful!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

I'll come back and write more later, but I JUST HAD TO SHARE THIS! I just bought 4 lane bryant bras online that are normally $38 each for $55! There bras are buy one get one free right now and you can put in the coupon code EXTRASAVELB in to get an additional $25 off of a purchase of $75 or more. SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Awesome!!!! Did you exercise yet????
Old 05-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, the kids are in bed. I've taken a muscle relaxer. Ahhhhhh! Relaxing sitting on my butt at last!

I was so crazy busy today. My back is screaming ! My little girl's birthday party is tomorrow and I did not buy a single thing until today. Plus she had a doctors appointment and we went clothes shopping. And I got a really late start. My bad .

So we went to Ross, went to Kristina's Dr. appointment, went to the dollar store, went to party city, went to costco (on the friday of memorial day weekend ), and went to fred meyers. LOOOOOOOONG DAY! We did not get home until after 7:30 (the kids usually eat at 6 and are in bed by 8) and they JUST went to bed. It's almost 9:30 my time right now .

I have not tried on any of the dresses I got today, and I'm not gonna. Tomorrow morning I'll have to see what fits and looks cute and then return anything I don't want next week. There should be some keepers, if not all. Ah, the magic of elastic empire waist dresses. You gain weight, they stretch with you. You lose weight, they stretch with you. There nice and lose to hide my hanging jelly belly but tighter up by my boobs and "waist" if you can call it that. My waist has always been really high. Kind of like a mutant version of an hour glass figure where the bottom is just A LOT bigger. But hey, the one think my hubby has always loved about me is my butt. So I guess it works for me .

No I need to try to figure out what I ate. I did not really have "meals" so I'll just list my food.

Coffee and cream
3 protein shakes
Sunflower seeds (4 carbs worth), I'm still eating them as I type
2 shrimp in a sample at costco
costco sample of a sausage

I guess I should have eaten more today, but I was just too busy. Thank God I thought to bring some protein shakes in a cooler bag (and diet pop) when I left the house today.

I even did McDonalds drive through for the kids lunch and did not get anything . That was a pretty powerful feeling. I have to admit though. I did SMELL their burgers . I was really tempted to just say screw it and get drive through on the way home for dinner. But, I kept thinking to myself "I have a goal" and it really made me view the drive through as totally not worth it.

I'm really glad that I decided to give myself that goal of losing 40 pounds in the next 3 months. Now, when I'm tempted, I know that the consequence will be not meeting my goal. I now realize that my goal is really important to me. And even though it is a really high up there goal, it is doable if I focus.

I figured out that in order for me to be 220 by my anniversary I need to lose 3.2 pounds per week. I even wrote down a little chart with the dates to keep in my bathroom for my weekly goals. So now, Friday is my official personal goal weigh in date. So my first goal is to be 257.2 by Friday June 1st. Totally doable! I'll probably be there by Wednesday! Oh, I just realized, that will put me really close to the 20 pound mark from when I started Atkins. When I reach 256.6 that will be the 20 pound mark for me. But really, I my highest weight was 289. So really I've already lost 28.6 pounds.

It seems weird. I don't FEEL like I've lost 28.6 pounds. I think that I need to get under 250 to really feel like I've lost any weight. And I need to get under 240 to really feel like I've lost a good amount of weight. Well, that would be almost 50 pounds. I just have not been under 250 in so long. I was under 250 for about 5 seconds after my son was born and then went right back up to the 270's, then the 280's. That was my pregnancy where I only gained 5 pounds. That was pretty cool. Especially after gaining like 42 with my daughter.

Wow, I'm sitting here totally spacing out. I think I must be done .

Night all!

And thanks to you guys rooting me on. It means so much to me. You are all great!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, what a busy day!!! Good job keeping on plan and keeping your goals in your mind!!!! It will help you stay on track.

I hope your daughter has a fun birthday tomorrow. It sounds like it will be wonderful.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:08 AM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, you did have a busy day! I'm so proud of you for not giving in and eating the fast food! Have fun at the party today! Be sure to post pics so we can see.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #140

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
JC- Happy B-day daughter!!! Yeah on 2 pounds, you can do it hun, one day at a time, it is good to have goals and such, and posting your chart, I always say the only thing that made me finally do this was accountability!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

JC happy birthday to your daughter!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

I have to write this down before I forget.

1 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1 cup almond mild
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
12 eggs
24 packets splenda
3 tablespoons baking powder
2-3 tsp almond extract (flavor)
2-3 tsp lemon extract

I THINK that was all I put in. I wanted to have a low carb cake option at the party. There will be at least 2 other low carbers other than me. I think that this is gluten free too. I don't know.

Its on the oven at 400 right now. I did not set the timer. I figure I'll just check on it in 20 minutes or so.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

GOOD NEWS: DOWN ANOTHER POUND!!!! DOWN TO 259!!!

:jump joy:

I was so surprised to see 259.0 on my scale this morning! It is totally motivating me to stay the course! I also got some keeper pretty dresses. Out of the 5 I got I'm only returning 2. Or was it 6? I'll have to go look. I love spring dresses! And I love ross prices . I think the most expensive dress I got was $14.99.

Well, gotta go cut Eli's hair, give the kids a bath, do my hair and make up. Oops! I'm running late!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are doing so great!!!
Old 05-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow girl, you are a fat burning machine!
Old 05-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #146

Happy birthday to your DD!

Yay on pounds lost! Woohoo!

That would be gluten free too
Old 05-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

WOO HOO!!! You made it to a new number!!!! Can't wait to hear about the party!!! I'm sure it was great.

We don't have a ROSS but we do have a TJmaxx. I need to check it out. I'm sick of wearing my one pair of shorts and 2 tank tops that I have right now. I'm washing these shorts every day this weekend. Must get sundresses ASAP!!
Old 05-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #148

Love both stores! Marshals is great too. All very similar. Luckily we have all 3 in the same mall. Got to get there again soon!
Old 05-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #149

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
259- new decade!!!! That is how I looked at it, one decade at a time!!! You are doing great hun, hope you had a fun party!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
259- new decade!!!! That is how I looked at it, one decade at a time!!! You are doing great hun, hope you had a fun party!!!