Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
You are amazing.

That is all.

Awwww!!!
You are too sweet! And pretty darn amazing yourself!

JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
Gosh! That was a good post! Very encouraging.
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #514
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 2012
Technically 148 is a great weight for 5'5. So you could already be 99 pounds to goal!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #515
Major LCF Poster!

Here is my menu today:

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber
Atkins Day Break - Wild Berry Shake, 11 fl oz 140 10 9 10 7
Add Food Quick Tools 140 10 9 10 7
Lunch
Foster Farms - Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wings, 9 pieces 570 3 42 57 0
Hellman's Real - Mayo , 2 Tbsp 180 0 20 0 0
Kraft - Simply - Sour Cream, 2 Tbs. (30 g) 60 1 6 0 0
Add Food Quick Tools 810 4 68 57 0
Dinner
Premier Nutrition - High Protein Vanilla Shake, 11 oz 160 3 3 30 2
Add Food Quick Tools 160 3 3 30 2
Snacks
Add Food Quick Tools

Totals 1,110 17 80 97 9
Your Daily Goal 2,070 25 160 129 24
Remaining 960 8 80 32 15
Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber

So 1,110 calories and 8 net carbs. I'm not really trying to keep everything so low, but I'll take it . I may yet do some snacking tonight. It's a little before 9. I do want to be in bed before 10 though.

I think hubby want's me in bed on time tonight .

I just got back from Costco, the vitamen store, and the fruit stand. I got bunches of yummy stuff. The fruit stand had fresh basil in and the green onions were so fresh and smelled so good!

I've got the lobster mania party tomorrow. I got a crab and a bunch of jalapenos for bacon wrapped cream cheese poppers .
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rate-lose.html
Old 06-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Technically 148 is a great weight for 5'5. So you could already be 99 pounds to goal!

I LIKE IT!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine21463 View Post
Gosh! That was a good post! Very encouraging.
THANKS! Once in a while a blond comes up with something .

I figure we can all use all of the encouragement we can get on this journey.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

I know I just did another post for the day, but I had another thought. And no, don't worry, it didn't hurt .

Has anybody else noticed how losing weight has much more to do with the mental than the psychical? Not that I'm saying that we are all mental. I mean, does it really need to be said? Of course we're all mental! That's why we are all so awesome . Any way, running on caffeine here, sorry .

Back to the mental. I am learning that this weight loss journey I am discovering all sorts of mental things that have been keeping me fat. Perhaps even more importantly, I'm learning how to fix all sorts of mental issues to help me lose fat.

I have discovered that food has power over me. Or more like I have let food have power over me. I mean, it's just food, right? It's not that important. We have access to food, we need to eat, and we eat. Food serves us, so why do we lot food rule us? I can eat all sorts of delicious food stuffs. Steak, buffalo chicken, or buffalo for that matter. Cheese, cream, butter, ranch, mayo, sour cream, bacon, sausage, eggs, the list goes on and on of amazingly yummy food that we are able to eat to satisfaction and lose weight. So I have to live without doughnuts, big deal!

A big problem I have had with weight loss in the past is that I have tried to do it the wrong way. Growing up starting with slimfast in third grade, I went on crazy diet after crazy diet, and they all lasted as long as it took my mom to realize that she was not losing weight. Then she took us on her next stop on the diet roller coaster.

Maybe the lesson I learned growing up with diet after diet was that it did not matter because nothing worked.

Then, my mom found Atkins, and she lost weight. A lot of weight. I was convinced and got on board. I lost over 100 pounds. You would think that that would convince me to stay on Atkins. You would think so anyways.

Enter getting married and new hubby loving his bread and spuds and thinking any diet with out those things were unhealthy. Welcome back 100 pounds while eating "healthy" whole grain and all that. Yeah, that worked. Not!

Looking back I was eager to have an excuse to go back to my carb addiction. I let food have the control. Even though I was eating "healthy", I was giving in to my addiction. Why has it taken me nearly 7 years to take control back?!

It has taken me nearly 7 years because I was in complete denile about my carb addiction. And it sucks. I wasted those years getting and staying fat. I let food control me. Even now, food threatens to control me. I am reprogramming my mind, but I swear its running on vista! And we all know vista sucks! I've got this party to go to tomorrow where I get to bring food. So there is no excuse for eating off plan. Why am I going to the party? For the food? Heck no!!!! It is for the people!!!! Where along the line did parties become more about the food than the company?

It is a work in progress, but I am changing how my mind works. I'm gonna start thinking like a skinny chick. Food should be enjoyed, but it has to be the right food. Unless I'm on vacation, and maybe not even then, I'm gonna stay on plan. Why? Because getting rid of my muffin drop hanging nasty belly is much more important than any piece of cake, slice of fudge, or any other food that does not help me get to my goals. My goals are way more important.

Ok, I think I'm done. Sorry about he preachy rant. I just needed to remind myself of a few things.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #519
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Awesome, awesome posts!!!! You are on a roll and are so right. Its a lot more mental than we think.

Yay for the scale moving in the right direction!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:07 AM   #520
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BluJ
I love the way you think! I'm at your goal now. Still wanna lose another 10 pounds. Don't think I'll make it. BUT, I WILL maintain this weight if nothing else. My highest weight was 235.
BluJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:26 AM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
You're absolutely right. Master the mind, master the game.
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:29 AM   #522
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Enter getting married and new hubby loving his bread and spuds and thinking any diet with out those things were unhealthy. Welcome back 100 pounds while eating "healthy" whole grain and all that. Yeah, that worked. Not!
It's nice to know that there are others that fight with the same dilemma, food. I lost on Atkins before too and then I got side tracked with thoughts like, "you can't tell me a piece of whole grain bread is going to make me fat. "You can't tell me that I can't have a bowl of icecream once in a while." "You can't tell me that whole grain pasta here and there will make me fat." You can't tell me....etc" Boy did my attitude need some adjusting Now I think I've matured My thought on this thing is so different now. I stave off those thoughts now with "I can't afford it, it's not in my carb budget. However, I did recently get discouraged but I felt stronger this time in keeping on the course. I never said once to myself, "Let's go have some icecream." It was more like, "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! What's wrong with me!!".

Last edited by valentine21463; 06-23-2012 at 05:32 AM..
Old 06-23-2012, 05:44 AM   #523
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hun you are doing so well, about exercising in the morning they say exercising first thing before food is fasted cardio and kicks into more of your stored fat, it is really the most beneficial time to exercise and it keeps your metabolism stokked for the day!

I remember I was in CA in the early 90's and that was when Fat Free and low fat was all the rage and microbiotic diet, OMG I was getting fatter and fatter eating grains and bread and pasta, it just wasnt for me, maybe it could have worked in my early 20's had I chose to exercise but I know I will always have to watch carbs.

This whole losing weight is a total mind game, its our heads that tell us what to put in our mouth! When we get our heads wrapped right it is all good!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #524
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Mental MindF*** is what it is. Excuse my language but there is no other way to clearly convey the preciseness of *just how mental* this really is. I've always said I could do this with my eyes closed if I lost my brain along the way. When my mind is quiet all is right with weightloss...it's when my brain gets going with things is where I run into trouble. Also, losing the ancient old recordings of childhood... What a number my mother really did on me...

I low-fatted my way to nearly goal 10 years ago, but I also low-fatted myself to gallstones too Never EVER again. I keep coming back to lc eating because it makes the most sense out of anything when you really take a minute to digest the reading and logic. And of course when you think about all the people who stand to get rich off of keeping us sick on low cal/lowfat with all their drugs and get-thin-quick ideas...but I digress.....

Keep it up darlin, you're doing great!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
You are exactly right in that it is all mental, at least for me. I am my biggest critic and I am my biggest downfall most of the time.
Those little voices in our heads that say it's ok to eat this or that really need to be shut-up once and for all!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, total mind f.......udge!!!!:stars :

We all just need labotomys and we would lose weight just fine!!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #527
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah I am finally learning to just get over myself and just keep plodding along. The whole idea of DH losing weight like crazy is another mind burner to me. I'm thrilled for him, don't get me wrong.... it just gets frustrating at times to SEE the physical changes in him so soon. He is doing phenomenal and I could not be prouder of him. Like i said, I need to get out of my own way, shut up, buckle in and just enjoy the damn ride.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle, that's hard. K loses much faster than I do too, and you can see the changes much faster as well.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, at least your guys are getting hotter ! My hubby could do to lose 25-30 bounds of beer gut, and could use some muscle toning. Then again, I have over 100 pounds to lose, so I should not be complaining, like, AT ALL!

So, even though I brought low carb food and diet pop to the party, I fell off the wagon .

I got into a fight with DH on the way there and got enough to say screw it. Stopped off and got a bottle of wine on the way there, and let myself eat all the carbs I wanted.

Ok, the weird thing was that I could not eat nearly as much as I thought I could. I filled my plate and could only eat 1/4 of it. Then, I just felt sick! I went to bed nauseated and trying to not puke, then woke up at 1:30 and puked any way.

And now, this morning, I've got MASSIVE MASSIVE carb cravings!!!!

I'm almost afraid to eat. It's like I have to start all over getting used to eating low carb. And of course it's Sunday, so I'm not working out today. My knees need the break any way. I think the gluten I had yesterday is causing extra inflammation. I was laying in bed so miserable last night. Between my knees hurting and being nauseous... totally pitiful!

I don't know what is up with the scale. Earlier I was at 247.2 with my nighty on and then went back to bed. Then when I got up later and weighed without the nighty it was at 248 . Weird.

I'm gonna go find something to eat.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #530
Major LCF Poster!

awwww... sorry you had a rough time last night

Don't let that slip mess things up for you. Just acknowledge it and move on. I saw this on someone else's post this morning..."If you trip down one step, do you throw yourself down the rest of the staircase?"

Hope you feel better today
Old 06-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #531
Major LCF Poster!

Low-Carb Snacks : Homemade Baked Cheese Crisps Recipe | Joyful Abode

Gotta try these some time.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #532

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
It happens Hun. Sometimes we need a reminder of all that LC does for us.

I like that saying Melanie....will have to remember that....I have thrown myself down many staircases....got to learn to stop.

Love the cheese crisps and cheese crackers. Great for so many things.
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #533
Major LCF Poster!

Been there too sweetie. Get right back to it and watch not falling down the whole staircase.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #534
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks guys!

I like the stair case thing. I tried to think up some sort of thing about the numbers on the scale falling down instead of me falling down the stairs, but I guess I'm just not that witty tonight .

Definatly back on track with my eyes on the prize. Weird as it may sound I am really glad that I have such bad experiences whenever I fall off the wagon and eat carbs. Every time I do it I regret it afterwards. I end up feeling so physically awful that each time ends up being a really good learning experience.

I had a new reason to avoid carbs this time. My knees. I had heard that gluten can cause inflammation. I figured that with my back problems that if I had any reaction to gluten that I would feel it in my back. Well, my back has not gotten better from doing lc. I have arthritis in both my knees. Yeah, I'm only 31. Something about that is just not right. After having bread yesterday my knees were killing me! I was laying in bed not only not being able to sleep because of feeling like I was going to puke, but my knees were hurting like crazy! It was just awful!

So, instead of bemoaning my temporary laps in judgment, I'm going to choose to remember the lessons taught by this experience. You know it's funny. I always joke about carbs saying "I'm allergic to carbs, they make me break out in fat!". But I'm starting to think that I really am allergic to carbs on a number of levels. I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that I simply can not eat certain things, period! The consequences are just not worth it. I mean, in the last two months I've lost over 28 pounds. In that two months the three times that I have "cheated myself" I have ended up puking and feeling miserable.

I ate so much today! Here it is:

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber
Heavy Whipping Cream - Heavy Whipping, 0.4 Cup 328 3 35 2 0
Heavy Whipping Cream - Heavy Whipping, 0.25 Cup 205 2 22 1 0
Philly Cream Cheese - Package, 61.6 g 154 2 15 2 0
Add Food Quick Tools 687 7 72 5 0
Lunch
Foster Farms - Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wings, 9 pieces 570 3 42 57 0
Kraft - Simply - Sour Cream, 2 Tbs. (30 g) 60 1 6 0 0
Hellman's Real - Mayo , 2 Tbsp 180 0 20 0 0
Add Food Quick Tools 810 4 68 57 0
Dinner
Atkins Advantage - Coconut Almond Delight Bar (Correct Net Carbs), 1 Bar 200 2 15 7 6
Add Food Quick Tools 200 2 15 7 6
Snacks
Generic - Sunflower Seeds, Roasted and Salted, 30 grams 160 4 18 7 2
Atkins Endulge - Chocolate Coconut Bar (Sugar Alcohols Subtracted), 0 bar 0 0 0 0 0
Atkins Endulge Cdn - Chocolate Coconut Bar 40 g, 40 g 170 3 12 5 0
Philly Cream Cheese - Package, 67.2 g 168 2 17 2 0
Heavy Whipping Cream - Heavy Whipping, 0.25 Cup 200 2 22 1 0
Add Food Quick Tools 698 11 69 15 2

Totals 2,395 24 224 84 8
Your Daily Goal 1,520 19 118 95 18
Remaining -875 -5 -106 11 10
Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16 net carbs and 2,395 calories!!!!!! And you know what, I was still starving!!!!!! I entered all of my food and saw that calorie count. I never eat that much! After dinner I had a big high fat snack of homemade sugar free no bake cheese cake. And I was still STARVING !!!. Right now I could go and eat my fridge out. But I know that I have already eaten more than I need to. I miss ketosis and can't wait to be back in it. I can feel the food addiction trying to take over. Food in my mind is fighting to take over control of me and drive me to binge, and binge, and binge. It's really hard to not give in. Even though I was "good" today and my carb count is only 16 net, I know that I ate way more than I needed to.

I'm hoping that a good workout tomorrow morning before breakfast will help get my day back into ketosis.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:18 AM   #535

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Aw hun, at times we all slip but you did the best thing, you got back on track, no worries the best thing to do after a splurge is eat as LC as possible and kill the cravings!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:37 AM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWANNABE View Post
16 net carbs and 2,395 calories!!!!!! And you know what, I was still starving!!!!!! I entered all of my food and saw that calorie count. I never eat that much! After dinner I had a big high fat snack of homemade sugar free no bake cheese cake. And I was still STARVING !!!. Right now I could go and eat my fridge out. But I know that I have already eaten more than I need to. I miss ketosis and can't wait to be back in it. I can feel the food addiction trying to take over. Food in my mind is fighting to take over control of me and drive me to binge, and binge, and binge. It's really hard to not give in. Even though I was "good" today and my carb count is only 16 net, I know that I ate way more than I needed to.

I'm hoping that a good workout tomorrow morning before breakfast will help get my day back into ketosis.
Just stay with it. You know you're eating will come down by sticking to the plan. Do you like Mio water enhancer? Or Crystal lite? Diet soda? Or legal iced coffee? Anything on the legal sweet side? Try this over crushed ice and munch away. It's like a slushy and it stops me from eating because it fills in that sweet void AND makes me full. I think it's the ice that does it
Old 06-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #537
Blabbermouth!!!

New day honey! We've all been there. You know the drill, keep on keepin' on!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #538
Major LCF Poster!

Absolutely!!!! Today is a new day and a new beginning!!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #539
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A new day! The more you stay LC, the faster those cravings will fade. Hang in there!
Old 06-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #540
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine21463 View Post
Just stay with it. You know you're eating will come down by sticking to the plan. Do you like Mio water enhancer? Or Crystal lite? Diet soda? Or legal iced coffee? Anything on the legal sweet side? Try this over crushed ice and munch away. It's like a slushy and it stops me from eating because it fills in that sweet void AND makes me full. I think it's the ice that does it
Good idea!