Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Sorry you didn't meet your goal..... but you will soon. Shoot for the moon and if you land in the stars on the way.... Well atleast you will be all Sparkly when you get to the moon. (Just made that up).
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/219.8/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Sorry you didn't meet your goal..... but you will soon. Shoot for the moon and if you land in the stars on the way.... Well atleast you will be all Sparkly when you get to the moon. (Just made that up).
Thanks Melanie! Just so you know your success has been so inspiring to me. You've lost over 61 pounds since January! That is so amazing!

I'm curious as to your method. I mean more than just low carb. I mean like how much exercise and carb limit, hints and tricks. Or is it just good old 20 or less carbs a day and 30 minutes a day of exercise or more.

Any way, thank you so much for you support and inspiration!
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #453
Major LCF Poster!

I just saw this on facebook and had to bring it over. It is so true!

Feel free to steal the pic!

Old 06-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

I'm so glad that I can be inspiring. I never thought when I started this journey that I would be saying that. I have failed so many times at it that I just never thought I would be here. I truly believe that one of the differences this time is my mind. The way I am thinking about exercise and dieting and getting healthy in general is so much different than in past years. Sure do I get upset when I don't meet my goals exactly when I want to, or I don't do everything right in a day and the scale goes up.... Absolutely but I am not letting it dictate my life and if I feel bad about it, I feel bad about it and get over it.

That being said, besides my mind set. I started going to a 45 minute zumba class in late January on Thursday night. I always go atleast once a week. I try to go one other night a week but don't always make it due to schedules. I haven't gotten in a good routine with exercise when I am not at a class. I walk more with the kids and am trying to be more active with them. I do some weight work but haven't always been doing that. I have really noticed a difference in my arms since I started doing that. I am doing an 11 minute workout with 5 lb weights.

As far as my food goes. I don't keep track of my carbs regularly but when I have taken a few menus and plugged them in I was around 18 - 25 carbs a day. Most days I do drink my water and have really noticed a difference with that. I always have atleast 64 oz but shoot for 1/2 of my body weight in oz's. I try to limit foods high in sodium just because of the water retention and bloat that happens. In the beginning I made sure that I never went more than 6 hours without eating something as to make sure my blood sugar never dropped. I had that happen in the beginning and then the carb monster started calling me to all of my favorite foods that I shouldn't have. Now that I have been on a little while, I let my hunger dictate when I eat. I always drink a shake for breakfast. Lunch is usually light, cheese and peanuts, or peanuts and jello, a salad. If its 10:30 or 11:00 or even midnight and I'm hungry I will have a handful of peanuts or that cream cheese thing I have posted about before.

I hope this has helped and I tried not to get too long winded. I am here to help and support.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

That duck is so cute.

You are well on your way to having 61 lbs off in the same amount of time. 37 lbs since April is AWESOME!!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 11:14 PM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Melanie!

I should put in one disclaimer. My 37 pounds is from when I was at my highest earlier in the year. I started on April 18th at 276.6. wSo, if I go by yesterday's lower weight it would be exactly 25 pounds in just about 8 weeks. Still pretty cool though .

The neatest part is that most of that was lost without any exercise at all! I went for a hand full of walks, but that was about it until last week when I started using my elliptical again. Now that I am able to exercise I am thinking that I might be able to do even better! Or just keep it up. It seems like the first bit of weight always comes off faster and then it slows down the longer you are losing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of working out, I did great today and totally surprised myself.

93 minutes on my elliptical!

I totally was not going to do that much when I started. But when I was going I was like "hey, I'm feeling pretty good. Why not keep on going until I feel like stopping?". So I kept on going, until another episode of biggest loser was over. I had watched part of one and then blah blah blah, so I did not have the normal "work out for 44 +/- minutes because that's now long an episode is" thing.

I spend at least a good 20 minutes afterwards stretching, and I think that that really helped. I think that my meds are nice and kicked in for my fybro again as well. I did not have a chance to get into the hot tub. I guess I could go in right now, but I don't want to stay up that late. I got my housework done before I worked out so I did it a bit later and by the time I was done stretching my DS3 woke up from his nap. Dang I hope that he keeps on napping for a few more years. That guy could sabotage an enemy base in five minutes from his instinctive destructive and messy nature. I call him my Tasmanian toddler. But he's so darn cute about it all dang it!

Anyways, I digressed.

My food:

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber
Heavy Whipping Cream - Heavy Whipping, 0.36 Cup 298 3 32 2 0
Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 1.5 cup (8 fl oz) 4 0 0 0 0
Add Food Quick Tools 302 3 32 2 0
Lunch
Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Make Me Stuffed Peppers, 1/2 Pepper 388 6 27 30 2
Add Food Quick Tools 388 6 27 30 2
Dinner
Shrimp - Cooked, moist heat, 6 oz 168 0 2 36 0
Sauce - Salsa, 4 tablespoon 18 4 0 1 1
Onions - Raw, 1 tbsp chopped 4 1 0 0 0
Dfac - Sour Cream, 5.5 Tbsp 165 3 14 3 0
Best Foods - Real Mayo, 0.25 TBL 23 0 3 0 0
Market Fresh - Classic Iceberg Salad Mix (Net Carbs), 1.5 c 15 2 0 1 1
Kirkland Signature (Costco) - Shredded Cheese - Mexican Blend, 2/5 cup (28g) 132 0 11 7 0
Add Food Quick Tools 525 10 30 48 2
Snacks
Nuts - Almonds, 9 almond 62 2 5 2 1
Atkins Advantage - Coconut Almond Delight Bar (Net Carbs), 1 bar 44g 200 2 15 7 6
Add Food Quick Tools 262 4 20 9 7

Totals 1,477 23 109 89 11
Your Daily Goal 3,116 428 104 116 36
Remaining 1,639 405 -5 27 25
Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber

So 18 net carbs and 1,477 calories. I know it looks different on top.

Pretty good eating and exercising day

Ok, is this already to long for my ever so intriguing thoughts of the day? Probably, but I'm gonna do it any way.

Ok, I know that I'm blond, and a bit flighty. But it is totally shocking that I only just today realized. I mean, I knew it on some level that seemed unreal, but did not really know it. What was it?

I'm going to be a thin person.

Ok, I'm on a weight loss woe and exercising to lose weight. But it never hit me that I would be a thin person some day. I almost just can't fathom it. I have been fat my WHOLE life. When I met my hubby I was on my way to becoming thin. I did look a bunch better at 180, but in my mind I was still the fat girl. Whether I was 180 or 280, to me fat was fat. And if your not thin then your fat.

Boy do I wish I was as thin as when I thought I was fat!

But really, I can't fathom what it would be like to be not fat. I just don't know. I try to picture what I would look like thin, and I just can't. Is there some security in being fat? In a way there is. I can go and talk to men as friends and not have that "I hope he does not think I'm flirting" thing. Because, well, being fat makes you safe from that. When you are fat, you are a safe person. You make other people more comfortable because you are not intimidating. You don't have to worry about sexual advances (or so you think) from people, because your weight keeps you at the "friend only" level that makes you a safe person to talk to.

So when I'm not fat (IT IS A WHEN!), will people not see me as safe? Will some people want to talk to me more than they would have when I was fat? Or will they talk to me less. I've really learned to come out of my shell since being married, and I'm a really social person now. When I was younger social situations scared the daylights out of me. Now, I thrive in them. My only problem is that I probably talk too much ! Where as before I hardly talked at all.

Sorry, I kind of drifted.

Back to the topic. Me? Skinny? Really? It's like I don't put two and two together. Losing weight = I'm going to become thin. I know that I want it, but I just can't seem to see myself as it. What will I look like? I have no idea. What will it feel like? I have no idea. When I walk into a room, and I'm not immediately thinking about the fact that the first thing a person notices about me is that I'm fat, what will I be thinking? Will I start to wonder if people think I'm pretty. Will women who are still fat not see me as safe? Will men be looking at me and doing the "would I do her?" assessment and saying yes? Are they going to view me as attractive? Will I be comfortable or uncomfortable with male attention. The fat keeps me safe from that. At least in my mind it does.

Does anybody else have a hard time imagining themselves as thin? I don't have a memory of not being fat. The closest I was was 180 at 5'5', but I still saw myself as "the fat girl". Funny, now I look at women that size and just think that they are the average size for a woman. It's when I see skinny, like skinny skinny, women that I notice that they are not the average woman. What does that say about our countries weights? Ha!

Well it's late and my eyes are glazing over a bit. My muscle relaxer flexaril is doing it's thing and I'm pretty tired to boot.

Night!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rate-lose.html

Old 06-16-2012, 04:13 AM   #457
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
I only had several days reading to catch up on....
I am still on the carpet thing....
Wondering....
Who dropped the pile first????
Was the kid copying the pet????
Or the pet copying the kid????
& I can see you tearing out the carpet....
Totally cathardic....

Yes, when we change our eating it seems like we look at what everybody eats....
We want to make it happen for them... but sometimes they have to decide for themselves....

Got an interesting one here.... son & wifey are waaaay overweight and always "trying" to loose.... Grandaughter is 10 & about 10lb over for her age... wifey (new mom) doesnt want her to (I think she secretely wants her heavy like she is) & I think she needs to know facts about her body without making her feel bad about it. Right choices! Well between us 2 girly she lost 2.5lb since moving in... then they went on a 3 day vacation of eating out and loads of candy....UGH!!! She stepped on the scale & was up almost 4lbs!!! Her eyes were big!!!

I cant say/do a lot directly but told her all the candy makes the scale go up... it will take a while for her to learn to say NO with mixed signals... wifey/mom wants the kids to eat healthy but gives them a sandwich & chips & mac/cheese at the same meal & sugar cereal for breakfast.... the boys are skinny *they are boys* but poor Kristen is looking like mom & dad.... I am teaching her to cook so maybe????????

Hugs! I am encouraged by your spunk! & determination!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:36 AM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
25 lbs in 8 weeks! That's great!

I was thin once but like you I thought I was fat. I ran between 128-135 back in the day. I wish I would have enjoyed being thin instead of trying to lose weight because I thought I was so fat.

I can't imagine anymore what I would look like as a thin person because it's been so long but I do remember how good it felt when getting dressed and my clothes looking good on me.
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:51 AM   #459
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
JC- I know how you feel, I was the same way for me it was when I was fat, fatter, fattest, I would look back at pics when I was fat and think, damn I wish I was just that fat, but let me tell you, you never feel thin, at least I don't nor do I feel any better about myself, I guess it is still the fat person in me all those years, but now I am left with all this sagging skin, veins popping on my legs that were buried in fat, like in some ways I feel less attractive now, my boobs, like don't even go there, they are dishrags, it is a crazy thing, so I try to focus on just getting stronger physically, I was a lazy slug there was no moving me, how could I at over 300 pounds, it was a struggle just to go up and down the steps. I think we all have these visions that we are going to be looking like models when we are done and that just isnt the case, but we are going to be stronger and changed, and that is a good thing!!!

Try not to be hard on yourself, everyone loses at different rates, Melanie is doing a great job, and you are too, but what works for her may not work for you, that is the thing, you need to write down a food journal like you are and see what works best, if you go up on the scale look back and try to see, did I have lunch meat, did I have salty stuff? You will do it in your time, and it is a lifelong struggle, so you get to 150 then what? It is hard enough to stay there, when we have issue with weight and food we never become like our normal naturally skinny peeps, we will always have to work that much harder and be careful of what we eat.

As for the elliptical, if you are going 90 minutes you really don't need to do that, it would be more beneficial to go 45 minutes at a higher level with more resistance, or do intervals, go at a pretty good clip for 2 minutes, then back down for a minute, chances are watching TV and stuff you are not working your heart rate to your full potential, I like to exercise but I don't want to spend hours a day on it, that is why I like these boot camp workouts, and stuff, 45 minutes of maximum exertion! I see people at the gym reading books, watching TV, give it your all get sweaty and tired and that will burn more calories in the long run!!!

You are doing great hun, dont get disappointed when you dont make a weekly goal or whatever, just keep plugging, you are so beautiful, you have so much to be happy about, you are going to do this, in your way and your time!!!! We are all here cheering for you!!! I love watching you and Melanie, the younger the better, I wish I would not have waited so long to lose this, you both have young kids you can enjoy with your new bods and healthy lifestyles!!!
Old 06-16-2012, 06:21 AM   #460
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Have a great day Melissa!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Melissa, I think our minds can be wicked, wicked demons. I, too, will not seem myself as a "thin" person, even if I get there. I was thin up until late adolescence (20 years ago!), so it has been a good long time since I've ever considered myself that way (and even back then, I didn't think about whether I was thin or fat; I just was who I was and didn't worry about it).

One of the things I noticed when I got down to 170 was the increased attention from men, and yes.....it made me uncomfortable. I really hate gender inequality, and I hate the overt objectification of women. So being fat has, in a way, protected me from being the object of that dynamic. So I can safely analyze culture and society from a theoretical perspective without ever suffering the results of objectification, kwim?

Anyway, it's a challenge for many of us to change our mental picture of ourselves. Example, I pointed out a woman in the park and said to DH that she looked almost exactly how I look -- size and body style. He was like, "What? No way. She looks how you looked 2 years ago," in other words, +40 lbs.

Old images die hard, I guess.

You WILL be a thin person, and you WILL see yourself that way. Start working on that mental image now so that you're ready when you get there.

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:05 AM   #462
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
JC- I know how you feel, I was the same way for me it was when I was fat, fatter, fattest, I would look back at pics when I was fat and think, damn I wish I was just that fat, but let me tell you, you never feel thin, at least I don't nor do I feel any better about myself, I guess it is still the fat person in me all those years, but now I am left with all this sagging skin, veins popping on my legs that were buried in fat, like in some ways I feel less attractive now, my boobs, like don't even go there, they are dishrags, it is a crazy thing, so I try to focus on just getting stronger physically, I was a lazy slug there was no moving me, how could I at over 300 pounds, it was a struggle just to go up and down the steps. I think we all have these visions that we are going to be looking like models when we are done and that just isnt the case, but we are going to be stronger and changed, and that is a good thing!!!

Try not to be hard on yourself, everyone loses at different rates, Melanie is doing a great job, and you are too, but what works for her may not work for you, that is the thing, you need to write down a food journal like you are and see what works best, if you go up on the scale look back and try to see, did I have lunch meat, did I have salty stuff? You will do it in your time, and it is a lifelong struggle, so you get to 150 then what? It is hard enough to stay there, when we have issue with weight and food we never become like our normal naturally skinny peeps, we will always have to work that much harder and be careful of what we eat.

As for the elliptical, if you are going 90 minutes you really don't need to do that, it would be more beneficial to go 45 minutes at a higher level with more resistance, or do intervals, go at a pretty good clip for 2 minutes, then back down for a minute, chances are watching TV and stuff you are not working your heart rate to your full potential, I like to exercise but I don't want to spend hours a day on it, that is why I like these boot camp workouts, and stuff, 45 minutes of maximum exertion! I see people at the gym reading books, watching TV, give it your all get sweaty and tired and that will burn more calories in the long run!!!

You are doing great hun, dont get disappointed when you dont make a weekly goal or whatever, just keep plugging, you are so beautiful, you have so much to be happy about, you are going to do this, in your way and your time!!!! We are all here cheering for you!!! I love watching you and Melanie, the younger the better, I wish I would not have waited so long to lose this, you both have young kids you can enjoy with your new bods and healthy lifestyles!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Anyway, it's a challenge for many of us to change our mental picture of ourselves. Example, I pointed out a woman in the park and said to DH that she looked almost exactly how I look -- size and body style. He was like, "What? No way. She looks how you looked 2 years ago," in other words, +40 lbs.
I totally get what you're saying. When I lost 25lbs the first time I still saw nothing but a fat girl and I was down to 160
Old 06-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #463
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
First of all, lemme just say that you having done a fantastic job so far. 25 lbs is nothing to sneeze at for sure, and you're getting stronger & leaner all at the same time. Me, I'm struggling to lose even just 1 pound in my third week... be very proud of your progress!

I was always told I was "fat" growing up. Lookin at pictures of my childhood I was maybe 10lbs heavier than any one of my friends. So for me, the body distortion came very early, I was trained in it When I lost 85 lbs in 2001 I was sittin at 155 and a size 8. I looked fab! But the attention OMG. It was overwhelming. I wasn't prepared for all the attention from men and women. I began to resent the attention, especially from people/acquaintances who hadn't ever bothered to talk to me before. All of a sudden people wanted my opinions, wanted my friendship..as if to say, yeah ok, now you're normal we can talk to you. It really did a number on my mental and emotional well being. I think because I wasn't prepared for the attention, as I'd never experienced a "normal weight" as an adult, I began to put the weight back on as a way to sort of defend myself and get myself out of the spotlight. I feel confident in knowing now how to handle my success in the future (waaayyyy down the road) and I think now I would handle it all differently and know how to celebrate my success and new body.

Be kind to yourself. Especially those weeks that you don't make those weekly goals. That's one of the reasons I don't make goals like that anymore, I'm my own worst critic and I don't want to do it to myself anymore. Try and enjoy the ride, all the learning and growing you will do not only physically, but mentally and emotionally as well. It's a long road, and the flowers along the way can smell great if you take the time to enjoy all of it for what it is at that moment.

We are all here to cheer you on, and you know we all certainly understand the low points too! Thanks for sharing your journey with us. ♥

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you all so much! You guys are so so encouraging and supportive. I have you to thank for a lot of what success I have had .

Amber- I wish that I could do a harder workout. My heart rate is from 150-ish when I start and can go up to 175-ish when I really get going. So I know I'm getting a good workout. I just have to be careful because if I up the resistance too much (I only up it by one click or none right now) I run the risk of stressing my back too much with the arms and freaking my knees out more. I actually enjoy doing longer stuff at a brainless pace watching biggest loser on netflix. I know I wont always have the time for that..... But when I do, well, it's pretty fun.

I have actually found myself using working out as a delay tactic because I did not want to do the dishes! I know, right? Who in there right mind thinks it is easier to spend an hour sweating it out than taking 7 minutes to do the dishes?

Danielle and Christine-

We women are so weird when it comes to how we see ourselves and how distorted our inner picture of ourselves is. I was asking my husband today if he could imagine me thin, because I could not. And he was like "are you kidding! When I met you you were totally HOT! You may have not been super thin, but you were HOT!". And I was like, when we met I still felt like a total cow, even though I was at like 180 and semi buff (I'm 5'5"). My gym rat days added a lot of muscle. Too bad I don't have any good pics of me then. My sister says she has a pic of me at a thing for my nephew. I do have one pic that's not very good at a Christmas party with my mom. But I still see myself as way fat in it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This time I'm gonna enjoy every loss and tell myself that I am thinner than I was, and that's what counts. I am thinner, and I am hotter. I'm going to enjoy every weigh loss and see how far I've come all together, not just basing my success on daily or weekly weight loss. I mean, I've lost 37 pounds for crying out loud! I mean, only 26 since I've started lc, but 26 is not the big picture, 37 is..... Wait a minute! My ticker is not updated right! I've lost 38.4 pounds! That's almost 40 freaking pounds! I have got to be way hotter now than when I was 40 pounds heavier, right? I have a pic I was just thinking about. Its was at one of the fancy asain places where they cook the food at your table. I think that was at about my highest. At least I hope it was! I wanna go and look at that pic, and compare it to now.

I have a bunch of pics over on the honey badger of me on vacation. Sad thing is I was about the same weight then as I am now, just a little bigger. I think I was in the 265 +/- range, and now (well, today anyway) I'm 250.6. I wonder if 15 pounds makes a difference?

Speaking of 250.6..... I'M ALMOST TO THE 240'S!!!! A new decade approaches! It seems like just yesterday I was so looking forward to the 250's. the 250's have gone by pretty quick. I hope the same happens for the 240's (and the 230's, and the 220's, and the....you know what I mean )
Old 06-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #465

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: 215/152.6/150 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
25 pounds is awesome!

I like to picture it in objects...like a 25 pound bag of dog food. Imagine carrying ht around all day! DGS weighs 30. I pictured carrying 2 of him!

Sticks of butter to compare is cool too!

This is 26 pounds! Only one more than your loss!

kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

Heavy Whipping Cream - Heavy Whipping, 0.44 Cup 359 3 39 2 0
Add Food Quick Tools 359 3 39 2 0
Lunch
Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Make Me Stuffed Peppers, 1 Pepper 776 12 54 60 4
Add Food Quick Tools 776 12 54 60 4
Dinner
Roasted tomato chicken taco soup- Low carb, 1 serving(s) 79 6 1 10 1
Dfac - Sour Cream, 3 Tbsp 90 2 8 2 0
Add Food Quick Tools 169 8 9 12 1
Snacks
Kroger - Carbmaster - Cultured Dairy Blend - Vanilla Chai, 170 g 60 4 2 8 0
Kroger - Carbmaster Yogurt Blackberry - 6 oz., 1 container 60 4 2 8 0
Add Food Quick Tools 120 8 4 16 0

Totals 1,424 31 106 90 5
Your Daily Goal 1,520 209 51 57 18
Remaining 96 178 -55 -33 13

So 1,424 calories and 26 carbs today.

I'm a little up on my carbs today, but cool with it. I did not exercise, I napped. I so needed that! I think that after yesterday my body needed this day of rest.

I lost more weight today. Down to 250.6 from 252.2 I think yesterday. I'm not gonna freak out about getting to the 240's tomorrow. I'm just gonna celebrate like heck when I get there, whenever that is. Right now I'm just happy the scale is going down.

I hope today's 26 carbs does not derail anything. The scale is such a tease when it comes to new decades .

Right now I'm just gonna chill.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:22 AM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

You're menu looks great and you're doing so good! We all need to rest some times.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:10 AM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Aaaahhh, naps. I love them.
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Keep up the great work! I wish I knew then what I know now! Hind sight is so 20/20.
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

6-1: 256.6 (officially 20 pounds lost since april 18th! 6 weeks and 2 days!!!!) TOM
6-2: 257.2 TOM
6-3: 258.4 Still not worrying, it's just taking more work to not worry! TOM
6-4: 258.4 (sorry, I forgot to put that in here yesterday ) TOM
6-5: 256.8 (encouraging since my water % went up to 40.1, so I gained water but lost weight! ) TOM, maybe ending
6-6: 255.6 Yes! And TOM finally over My water weight is still at 40.1
6-7: 254.4 Goal here I come! Water weight up to 40.2%!
6-8: 253.8 BEAT MY GOAL OF 254.0! Still have 40.2% water!
9-9: 252.2 REALLY ! PRAISE GOD! And my water weight is up to 40.3% (wet hair?)
6-10: 253.8 Well, ok....
6-11: 253.2 (bouncing between .0-.4) Every pound gained is water weight!
6-12: 253.4 Every pound gained is water weight!
6-13: 254.8 Every pound gained is water weight!
6-14: 251.6 YES!
6-15: 252.2 Oh the drama of it all! Oh, and TOM is back
6-16: 250.6 Almost to the 240's TOM? really light, weird.
2-17: 252.6

I'm not even going to get into my weight right now. I know I'm doing what I need to be doing. And that's all I can do.

That being said, I probably did something last night I should not have done. I stayed up late last night and got the total munchies. I ate 2 enduldge 3 carb each coconut bars, 2oz of cream cheese, and about 1.5 oz of salami. That's like 8 carbs of snacking. Not good.

I think that it was the two yogurts that I ate today. The carbmaster yogurts have 4 carbs each and they are 3 grams of sugar each. I think that the sugar set off some cravings and munchies. I'm feeling kind of cranky and out of it today. I think that it was all the sugar and over carbing. I was already at 26 carbs for the day, adding in 8 and making it 34, not good.

I now know that I need to limit my carbmaster yogurts to 1 a day and not at night. I might just not buy them again. They just had a coupon to get them for 3 for $1 so I thought I'd give them a whirl.

Maybe I'll try to keep my carbs extra low today to get back into it. I put my workout clothes on right out of the shower to get myself to work out today. Hopefully within an hour or so I'll have my head feeling better and I will be up to working out. I think that I want to limit my elliptical to an hour a day. Maybe when I get my weight lifting set I'll do longer with switching 15 minutes elliptical, 10 minutes weights, and just do that four times to have a total of 1 hour forty minutes and then have a 20 minutes stretching period. That would make for a good solid 2 hour a day work out. I used to do 2 hours a day at the gym, so why not 2 hours a day at home, right?

Hopefully after I work out today I'll have some good old "happy making" endorphins in my system and I wont feel so out of it. Right now my head hurts, I'm sore, and feeling all pms-ish and dizzy. But enough of that. Exercise is the cure all, and I'm gonna get it! After I'm done sitting on my butt that is.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Happy endorphins activated!

I worked out for a solid hour on my elliptical today. I had a good workout and spend a long time stretching afterwards. I went in the hot tub tonight but it was not very hot . My son, AGAIN, got to the breaker box for the hot tub . It was at 93d, but I went in any way. I was cold so it at least seemed kind of warm for a few minutes. Came in and put on some comfy warm jammies and cuddling under a warm blanket with the lap top.

Like I said before, my weight was up today to 252.6. But when I got out of the hot tub I weighed myself (well, when you are already naked in the bathroom, right? ) and it was at 252.8. After a day of eating and drinking, I figure it has got to be lower tomorrow. I need to get a tape measure for measuring my body. I think that that will help me see my progress better than the scale.

I'll be quick tonight. Here is my menu:

Heavy Whipping Cream - Heavy Whipping, 0.44 Cup 359 3 39 2 0
Add Food Quick Tools 359 3 39 2 0
Lunch
Premier Nutrition- Net Carb - High Protein Chocolate Shake, 1 shake 160 5 3 30 3
Add Food Quick Tools 160 5 3 30 3
Dinner
Great Value - Smoked Almonds 28 g, 42 g 255 8 23 9 5
Tillamook - Cheese, Pepper Jack, 2.5 slice 200 0 15 13 0
Add Food Quick Tools 455 8 38 22 5
Snacks
Add Food Quick Tools

Totals 974 16 80 54 8
Your Daily Goal 2,551 350 85 95 29
Remaining 1,577 334 5 41 21
Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber

So 974 calories and 8 net carbs. Not real hungry today. Maybe because I ate a lot yesterday?

I'm eating the cheese listed right now. I don't know If I'll finish it. I may just find something else to eat too. My nuts and cheese might not do it all for me tonight.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:03 AM   #472

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hun the Atkins bars set off cravings for many and have perhaps more carbs then they claim, some say the sugar alcohol malitol should be treated as half the amount, so maybe the extra just blew you up a little, I would say eating the yogurt is better than the bars. So if they have 19 carbs count half and say around 10 or so so that was 20 with them if they are what is throwing you off. Although I always say better to eat them then real sugar, but just be prepared for possible bloat!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hun the Atkins bars set off cravings for many and have perhaps more carbs then they claim, some say the sugar alcohol malitol should be treated as half the amount, so maybe the extra just blew you up a little, I would say eating the yogurt is better than the bars. So if they have 19 carbs count half and say around 10 or so so that was 20 with them if they are what is throwing you off. Although I always say better to eat them then real sugar, but just be prepared for possible bloat!
hmmmm.... this may explain cravings I've had. (the atkins bars). Thanks for posting this!

Melissa, Where do you buy carbmaster yogurt?
Old 06-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

You are doing great Melissa with your working out and eating!!!! Keep up the great work!!! Just stay away from too many snacks at night.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
KUTGW Melissa!!!!!!!!!!

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH AMBER ON THE Atkins bars. Those things send off TRIGGERS
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine21463 View Post
hmmmm.... this may explain cravings I've had. (the atkins bars). Thanks for posting this!

Melissa, Where do you buy carbmaster yogurt?
It's a fred meyers thing. Kroger in some areas.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
KUTGW Melissa!!!!!!!!!!

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH AMBER ON THE Atkins bars. Those things send off TRIGGERS
And they are EXPENSIVE!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #478
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You know what? Knowing that I don't think I want to even take the CHANCE of buying them again! Thanks!

I think that the prob with the yogurt is that 3 of the 4 carbs are strait up sugar. I think that I am just way way sugar sensitive even more than I am to complex carbs. It's like I eat sugar, I crave sugar BAD!

I'm really glad that I am doing a food journal to track this kind of stuff.
Very helpful!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #479
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
You are doing great Melissa with your working out and eating!!!! Keep up the great work!!! Just stay away from too many snacks at night.
Thanks!

I've gotta keep up with you don't I?

I think that I need to be trying to eat a bigger dinner with more fats in the evening. I find that I don't even want to snack when I have a good dinner. Who would have thought I would need to eat a bigger dinner to eat less?
Old 06-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, I need some tips.

This weekend we are going to a lobster mania party at a friends house. The invite says:

"Please bring your own drink, meat of choice, crustacean of choice and a side dish."

I could use some ideas. I'm not a big lobster fan. I like crab cream cheese stuff though. They usually have fresh seafood on fridays at costco. So I'm thinking crab.

Ideas ideas ideas!!!!!!!
Please please please!!!!!