Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #391
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Great job on all the successes yesterday. Sounds like it was a fabulous day!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Hi Mellisa, I've been reading your journal. You have a great vibe here and this journal moves fast!
Sometimes when I'm having a "food emergancy" when I'm out. I will ask them to wrap my burger in lettuce with no ketchup. It's fairly safe that way. I don't know if you have In N Out Burger but they call it Protein Style . I think Carl's Jr does it too.

Have a great day and KUTGW!
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Yea I was gonna say Burger King calls it "LOW CARB". I get it sometimes.
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
I didn't know that BK did that too. I'll have to add them to my list. Thanks!
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Oh I am so gonna have to ask about that! There is a burger king that is on my way to pretty much anywhere I need to go. Guilty admission: I got the kids food at mcdonalds because I am not really a fan and I knew that it would be less tempting for me . But, the kids like it enough . I figure 1 or 2 times a month giving them drive through junk food won't kill them. At home they get pretty healthy food.

Speaking of healthy food at home, has anybody else found themselves thinking more about the food they feed their families? Since starting Atkins I have found myself looking at some of the food I had been feeding my family and thinking that it is not good enough for my family to feed to them. I'm not talking low carbing my family. But things like breaded chicken nuggets from the store (even if it is whole grain breaded) and white flour pretzels. Suddenly I'm rethinking my entire way of cooking for my family. They eat way too much flour products like pasta and crackers. I would like to give them more of their carbohydrates from things like fruit and veggies.

My husband will revolt without either bread or potatoes at dinner. I'd like to get more potatoes at dinner and less bread. Less expensive that way too. I buy the daves killer bread right now. As far as bread goes, it's a good healthy bread. Whole grain with lots of flax seed and other seeds, lots of fiber and natural ingredients. But, sandwiches every day made with bread might not be the best choice for my fam. Maybe I could start doing half sandwiches with like triple meat and veggies inside. More protein, less grains. For my fam anyhow, not for me!

Ok, enough of my "thoughts for the day" rambling . The scale was at 253.4 today. Here is the month so far pasted from the daily weighers forum:

6-1: 256.6 (officially 20 pounds lost since april 18th! 6 weeks and 2 days!!!!) TOM
6-2: 257.2 TOM
6-3: 258.4 Still not worrying, it's just taking more work to not worry! TOM
6-4: 258.4 (sorry, I forgot to put that in here yesterday ) TOM
6-5: 256.8 (encouraging since my water % went up to 40.1, so I gained water but lost weight! ) TOM, maybe ending
6-6: 255.6 Yes! And TOM finally over My water weight is still at 40.1
6-7: 254.4 Goal here I come! Water weight up to 40.2%!
6-8: 253.8 BEAT MY GOAL OF 254.0! Still have 40.2% water!
9-9: 252.2 REALLY ! PRAISE GOD! And my water weight is up to 40.3% (wet hair?)
6-10: 253.8 Well, ok....
6-11: 253.2 (bouncing between .0-.4) Every pound gained is water weight!
6-12: 253.4 Every pound gained is water weight!

So my weight has not gone down from what it was 4 days ago. After reading that article I'm feel'n pretty chill about it. Although freaking out might burn more calories...... Well, I have enough to do around the house to burn about three days worth of calories. The question is weather I will actually do it !. After having Sunday as my day of rest, and shopping all day yesterday, the house is a huge mess. I'll probably get busy on it after I get the kids lunch in a little bit.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rate-lose.html
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
JC!
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #397
Blabbermouth!!!

Melissa, my entire family eats the same way I do. The kids get added stuff like fruit and other veggies, as well as some whole grain stuff like some wheat thins or bread, and Fiber One bars. Other than those few things I don't buy anything else extra. It's been a learning curve for them but they are enjoying things. What's not to love with pepperoni chips and steak! The rule is tho that they have to link it with some sort of protein. They love it all so far! DH is on plan with me with a few minor tweaks, but for the really big stuff tho he eats all the same. Of course the fact that he's losing pounds & inches has a little somethin to do with the fact that he is lovin this right now I'm sure!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 06-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWANNABE View Post
Speaking of healthy food at home, has anybody else found themselves thinking more about the food they feed their families?
Definitely. Watch this video. Just four minutes long....
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Melissa, my entire family eats the same way I do. The kids get added stuff like fruit and other veggies, as well as some whole grain stuff like some wheat thins or bread, and Fiber One bars. Other than those few things I don't buy anything else extra. It's been a learning curve for them but they are enjoying things. What's not to love with pepperoni chips and steak! The rule is tho that they have to link it with some sort of protein. They love it all so far! DH is on plan with me with a few minor tweaks, but for the really big stuff tho he eats all the same. Of course the fact that he's losing pounds & inches has a little somethin to do with the fact that he is lovin this right now I'm sure!
Ditto!! DH is on meds that increase his appetite and decrease his ability to lose weight, but when he's able to eat what I eat, he loses (and quickly!). He's only about 15 lbs. overweight. DS is also a protein kid, but he eats carbs in moderation (hamburger roll, for example). He doesn't eat much sugar in the form of candy, etc., so that makes me happy.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #400
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Yep, just at BK this weekend. They called it LCing it. Sadly, they had ketchup on it...will remember for future...hold the ketchup ...sub?
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

My 3yo and my dog both pooped on the carpet on the stairs with in ten minutes of each other. I went nuts and took out my frustration grabbing the pick ax from the garage and tore up the all the carpet on the stairs and threw it all on the front porch. :r ofl: I think I burned a lot of calories doing it though. It was so freak'n therapeutic I can't help but smile every time it think about it! I'll post more later.....
Old 06-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #402

Wow!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Are you still interested in participating in TAG. WE changed it up a bit and there will just be a tagged exercise daily for all of us. I hope you are still interested and will join us.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Are you still interested in participating in TAG. WE changed it up a bit and there will just be a tagged exercise daily for all of us. I hope you are still interested and will join us.
Oh yeah!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, come on back to the thread and see what the exercise was for the day. Tomorrow there will be a new challenge.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Ok, come on back to the thread and see what the exercise was for the day. Tomorrow there will be a new challenge.
Thanks! I think I'll start tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber
Heavy Whipping Cream - Heavy Whipping, 0.35 Cup 287 2 31 2 0
Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 1.5 cup (8 fl oz) 4 0 0 0 0
Add Food Quick Tools 291 2 31 2 0
Lunch
Evergood Fine Foods - Louisana Hot Link Sausage, 1 1/2 link 510 6 42 21 0
Add Food Quick Tools 510 6 42 21 0
Dinner
Cabbage - Raw, 1.5 cup, chopped 32 7 0 2 3
Best Foods - Real Mayo, 1 TBL 90 0 10 0 0
Meats - Generic - Chicken - Grilled - Drumstick, 2 drumstick 224 0 12 28 0
Regina - Red Wine Vinager, 1 Tbsp 0 0 0 0 0
Homemade - Roasted Asparagus, Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, 7 spears 51 4 4 2 1
Add Food Quick Tools 397 11 26 32 4
Snacks
Russell Stover Candies - Sugar Free Toffee Squares (Net Carbs), 3 pieces 210 1 16 2 1
Krogers Yogurt - Carbmaster Cherry, 1 Container 6 oz 60 4 2 8 0
Generic - Pimento Stuffed Green Olives, 17.5 olives 88 4 7 0 0
Tillamook - Cheese, Pepper Jack, 1.2 slice 96 0 7 6 0
Atkins Advantage - Coconut Almond Delight Bar (Net Carbs), 1 bar 44g 200 2 15 7 6
Add Food Quick Tools 654 11 47 23 7

Totals 1,852 30 146 78 11
Your Daily Goal 1,635 224 54 61 19
Remaining -217 194 -92 -17 8

Cliff notes version: 1,852 calories and 19 net carbs.

I could so go and fall face first in the box of ice cream bars I got for the kids right now. I mean, if my house had a bunch of stuff that I really, really liked I would so be at defcon 1 full destruction mode with a chocolate mustache. It's just been one of those hard and emotionally draining days.

Danielle, I thought of your post "most. foul. mood. ever.".Oh my, that was so me earlier. I lost one of my meds that controls my pain. I had not taken it in two days and was kind of at the breaking point. Not so much from pain, but I think from withdrawal from the med. It's one of those meds that you are supposed to go off of slowly with docs supervision and all that. Turned me into an emotional basket case! Add to that kids who can smell weakness and turn up the crazyness and finding out that I went way over budget and my hubby is now way mad at me, I want to melt into tears watching a chick flick and drugging myself with copious amounts of ice cream.

But instead I am praying and sitting here writing this keeping my self accountable for staying on plan. I might just go get a sugar free Popsicle later though .

So I was a full fledged crazy nasty honey badger eating snakes heads and not giving a poop. You badgers know what I mean .

Sorry about all the drama and whining. I just kind of had to get it out. You know what I mean? I was also really hungry today. I don't know why, maybe it was just emotional hunger. I did find myself "staying good" while "being bad" today. After my pick ax and the carpet incident I kind of ate my feelings a bit. I mean, I stayed on plan. I only at a low carb yogurt and three pieces of sugar free toffee squares. But, I was eating for the wrong reasons. I was not hungry. I wanted to eat because I was having emotional issues. That is part of my food/carb addiction. I turned to food for emotional support and "feel good-ness". Does that make sense?

I'm trying to learn to eat for the right reasons: to nourish my body. Eating because of hormonal emotions or whatever is not nourishing my body. It's not healthy at all. I'm not saying that you should never eat something you don't need because it tastes good. I'm saying that eating to make me feel emotionally better is not a healthy thing to do mentally. Food is not a drug, or therapy, or a hug, it's food. Why can't I get that notion into my mind set? Well, I'm working on it. Food is not supposed to be a happy drug. So why is my mindset wired to think that food makes me happy? Why do I get happy from food? It's like getting a "fix". In the past I have used food as a means to feel good. I don't want to do that anymore!

Ok, tomorrow is another day. A fresh start to have a positive attitude. It's late, so I can say that this day is over! I think I want to try working out earlier in the morning to see if the endorphins might help throughout the day. Who knows, maybe I'll feel good enough to to work out in the afternoon too . Maybe I should make that my goal. That, and get my toenails painted. I need to get some pretty on.

One healthy think that I did today was take care of my hair. It sounds silly, I know. But this afternoon I was still cleaning the house, looking like crap, wearing an apron over pajamas with no make up and my messy hair pulled up in the same clip left over from taking a shower with my hair up (I don't wash my hair every day, it gets dry that way). I'm like, I need to get some pretty on. I had finally got some hair dye when I was out yesterday to get my roots done. I was at like a full half inch of roots, not pretty. So I decided to stop cleaning right then and go get some hair dye in. So I took off my apron, applied the dye, and then came out and resumed cleaning. After showering to get the dye out I actually blew dried my hair and fixed it right then. Then I got out one of my pretty new bras and picked out a new dress that I had not worn yet and went and did my make up. I felt a lot better after getting some pretty on.

Oh my, this got long. Don't I always say that?
Old 06-13-2012, 05:46 AM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So much of what you say resonates with me, my friend! Using food as a cure to emotional upheaval......here's my theory:

I think nearly everyone has *something* to assist them in dealing with the emotional difficulties life presents. Some habits are very destructive: Street drugs, alcohol, promiscuity, gambling.

Some are moderately destructive: Smoking, eating

Some are healthy: Appropriate exercise, spirituality, social support

But we all have them, and we all use them to some extent or another. Personally, I have found that the key is to swap out the destructive habit for the healthy habit. So if I'm feeling emotional and like I want to eat, I try to focus my action around something else: Exercise, social contact, gardening.

It's hard and it's really a game; I'm trying to trick myself into feeling better. And it doesn't always work.

Anyway, I"m not trying to give advice, really; just noting how common this experience is for people.

Good for you for getting your pretty on! I find that it does me a world of good as well. Hope today is a better day for you!

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
Old 06-13-2012, 05:59 AM   #409

Yes, I agree. I'm a very addictive person. Have to pick my focus carefully. I become all about it. Some can be better than others for me though. Choosing a healthy habit is key to my not going off the deep end.

Carby foods in the house. Easier now for me since DH went GF and kids out of house. Before that, I bought things I didn't care for...things I wouldn't be tempted by. Trust me though...I have binged on them though! Harder though to steer clear when they are your favorites. (DH has Snickers in cupboard now )
Old 06-13-2012, 06:40 AM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
At the carpet incident. I would have FREAKED!!!!!!!!!

Yea, I am def an emotional eater. Hell, I eat when happy, sad, whatever. I just try to quickly realize not to take whatever is going out on myself. But it def took some time to think that way. And actually a friend saw me about to emotional eat and said why do you do that? Don't hurt yourself in the long run because of this crap. Get it together. And honestly, I needed that. I straightened up real quick.

*wolf whistle* Now you looking all fine... I am sure hubby forgot all about that budget thingy. He probably was like "What Budget?" LOL

My Journal

Goals
1-Mar Down 20 lbs
20-Mar Down 30lbs -NYC TRIP
3-Apr Down 40lbs!!!
17-Apr Down 50lbs!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #411
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Girl, we all need to get our pretty on sometimes. Good for you! I work from home and sometimes I pass a mirror and I'm like "Oh no you don't" and I go slap on some eyeliner and my Philosophy divine illumination. Makes me feel so much better!
writermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, so much to comment on.... Wow, ripping out the carpet yesterday... Thats a lot of work.... Sorry you were so upset. Glad that you ate lc when eating through your feelings, but I know what you mean about eating when not hungry. Been there, done that.

I also have been looking at what I feed the girls as well. Its nice to get them healthier too!!!! If I am out and hungry I will get a double cheeseburger with mayo and pickle and tell them to hold the bun. Then I eat it with a fork and knife. It took me a few times not to feel like they were judging me when I asked them for it that way, but then I just quit caring. I'm getting healthy and thats all that matters!!!

And last, YAY for getting your pretty on. Sometimes that all it takes to make us feel better!!!!

Old 06-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Awww! You guys are so great!

Ya know, I cant help but smile when I think about that carpet!

Last night I did good and did not even have a sugar free Popsicle. I am so determined to learn to recognize my emotional eating and stop it.

Oh, my hair feels so good . I did my roots a shade lighter than I normally do and brushed it loosely through to give some subtle hi lights. I'm probably the only one who would notice looking really close in the mirror though . I also got a few new conditioning treatments at the beauty supply store and my hair feels all soft and silky. Normally my hair is all chi chi chi chia! I look like a total chia pet if my hair is not slathered with magical taming conditioner and oil stuff. Einstein's hair looks less frizzed out than mine. It was weird. I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror and my hair was still calm! Only problem though is that I put a bunch of different products on it so I don't know which one is doing it. LOL!

Trying to put on my big girl panties and get out of my pouty funk. It's nice that I have nowhere to go today. I can just spend the day cleaning and working out. I put my jammies back on after my shower to go and exercise early in the day. Well, it's 10:43 now. I can at least work out before lunch and then maybe again in the afternoon if I'm up to it. Time to get in rock star mode! Hey, fake it til you make it baby!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Google: yourlighterside Easy Gluten Free Pizza Crust

Gotta make this!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Yay for you on getting your pretty on!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #416
Blabbermouth!!!

So glad you're feeling better today. Onward and upward, right?!

I tend to be an emotional eater and use it to comfort. I'm so done using it as that excuse. Time to get a new gig and focus elsewhere.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

I did 77 minutes on my elliptical and I feel great! Well, except for all the pain. But I feel so good after working out . It's like pill free prozac! Now I just want to cool down enough to go into the hot tub and soak my muscles. I wonder if the hot tub can affect your body in a good way during weight loss. I heard somewhere that hot tubs were good for diabetics for keeping their blood sugar low. I'll have to google it. Also, totally a day for my massage chair. I like my "spoil me" toys . I think that I will just try to get the "normal" stuff done for house work and start on my mountain of laundry tomorrow. That seems manageable.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
Glad to see you're feeling better today and I'm really glad you didn't eat that Popsicle! Even tho it's low carb it would have been for the wrong reasons I can totally relate with the food drug thing. I eat when I'm happy, sad, mad, bored, for any reason for that matter. It is just like drugs for me. I can find any excuse and make it work just to cave in to that ice cream calling my name. I can make myself believe that it's okay just this once. Funny thing is I feel great and in total ecstasy while eating it but afterwards I feel like garbage mentally. That's when the mean ugly girl that lives inside me starts talking to me

It's funny because I've been wanting to eat greek yogurt lately for comfort because of my bathroom being remodled and I think he's doing it wrong! The mean ugly girl has been at work on me today and yesterday. She's yelling at me right now but I'm ignoring her
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
I'm glad you're feeling better today. Re/ carpet - I've totally had those moments. And DH has come home more than once to something I've ripped out
77 minutes! You go girl!!!!
mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine21463 View Post
Glad to see you're feeling better today and I'm really glad you didn't eat that Popsicle! Even tho it's low carb it would have been for the wrong reasons I can totally relate with the food drug thing. I eat when I'm happy, sad, mad, bored, for any reason for that matter. It is just like drugs for me. I can find any excuse and make it work just to cave in to that ice cream calling my name. I can make myself believe that it's okay just this once. Funny thing is I feel great and in total ecstasy while eating it but afterwards I feel like garbage mentally. That's when the mean ugly girl that lives inside me starts talking to me

It's funny because I've been wanting to eat greek yogurt lately for comfort because of my bathroom being remodled and I think he's doing it wrong! The mean ugly girl has been at work on me today and yesterday. She's yelling at me right now but I'm ignoring her
Yeah! Kick that mean girl to the curb! I so know what you mean. It's like while you are doing it you feel so good and enjoy your "drug" so much. Then, when your done, and it's just you, and the "drug" wears off, you have all these voices telling you every bad thing and insecurity. Mine tells me to go and purge, and it's really hard not to. Those voices will be the death of us of we don't silence them!