Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO MELISSA!!! You are rocking it hunny bunny!

YEs for sore muscles. I love that feeling too honestly. Let's me know I am doing something right.

Yea I am with Dani... Do what works best for you. About a month ago I was going at least 5-6 days a week. And the weight was practically falling off. But you will determine what you need to do for your schedule.

Yea I hate cleaning too but GOTTA have a clean house.
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Okey dokey, here is what I ate today:

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein
Heavy Whipping Cream - Heavy Whipping, 0.21 Cup 174 1 19 1
Add Food Quick Tools 174 1 19 1
Lunch
Evergood Fine Foods - Louisana Hot Link Sausage, 1 1/2 link 510 6 42 21
Add Food Quick Tools 510 6 42 21
Dinner
Generic - Rib Eye Steak, 4.5 oz 392 0 29 32
Generic - Pimento Stuffed Green Olives, 5 olives 25 1 2 0
Add Food Quick Tools 417 1 31 32
Snacks
Add Food Quick Tools

Totals 1,101 8 92 54
Your Daily Goal 2,136 26 131 213
Remaining 1,035 18 39 159
Calories Carbs Fat Protein
*You've earned 606 extra calories from exercise today

It has me listed as only 8 carbs, but I had 6 olives and there were come carbs I'm sure in the steak from the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce I used in the marinade. So it's a bit higher than that. Maybe up to 11 or 12? I don't know. 1 carb in 5 olives just does not sound right .

Anyhow, I did not really try at all to keep my calories and carbs so low. It just kind of happened naturally . Weird. I may yet have some almonds or cheese later. Maybe my subconscious is trying to make the 254 happen on the scale tomorrow by making me not want to eat much!

Doesn't seem like there should be more than 392 calories in 4.5oz of rib steak? It was a lot bigger but there is so much fat and gristle to cut off. I think I only ate about a little over half my steak and the rest was fat and gristle.

But what I did eat! Oh my goodness I don't know if I can even begin to explain the nirvana of my taste buds! Oh the euphoria of beef induced joy!!!! Dang I make good steak! We get local beef from a farmer that DH used to work for and he knows that he raises some seriously high quality beef. I have yet to have a steak in a restaurant that is as good as the steak I make at home. IT ROCKS SO HARD!

: yummy:

How many of you just got a craving for steak? Come on, you know you want it .

Steak is my second favorite thing about Atkins. The first being the health of weight loss of course.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rate-lose.html
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

I got a ticker finally!!!! Now I'm 23.77% to my goal weight. Wow! Almost a quarter of the way there!

Last edited by JCWANNABE; 06-07-2012 at 08:38 PM..
Old 06-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
Yup, totally craving steak now. With butter & hot sauce
You're so going to make goal tomorrow Missy! And great job on the workouts!
mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_2_3 View Post
Yup, totally craving steak now. With butter & hot sauce
You're so going to make goal tomorrow Missy! And great job on the workouts!
Thanks!

Mmmm! Butter!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:13 PM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, not that you are all waiting with baited breath to hear my every neurotic thought, but I'm gonna tell you any way.

I realized that I am changing the way I am looking at my body. Instead of getting all bugged out about all my flab and hanging jelly belly, I'm seeing a work in progress. I'm like "yeah, this is what I look like now, but that's changing.". Before I started lc I would just look at my body and be all depressed and think about the fear of looking like this forever because I could not change it. After all, it's been over 30 years, why would I suddenly be able to change it now?

But, now I know that not only can I change it, I AM changing it! For anybody out there lurking and wondering if they should give low carb a try, DO IT! It will be the best thing you ever do for your body. You don't have to starve and workout 3 hours a day for the rest of your life to get healthy and trim. Atkins is so easy!

You get to eat delicious food.
You don't go hungry.
You feel better
You DON'T need surgery, it's a band aid that hurts like a B&%ch when it's ripped off and you gain weight back.
You can do it!
You can even lose weight if you are unable to exercise! I lost about 21 pounds in the past 7 weeks with almost zero exercise. Now that I'm able to exercise....... I think this thing is going to blow out of the water!

Ok, I'm getting off of my soap box (for now..... )

I am just so happy that 7 weeks ago I started my new healthy life. I am done being fat! Totally and completely done!!! Next year on my Atkinsversary, April 18th, 2013, I will be almost to my goal, if not already there! This Christmas I won't be scarfing cookies at family gatherings like a pig. Well, I might be scarfing salad and prime rib like a pig though .

My next birthday is January 23rd 2013. I want to give myself the gift of weight loss on that day. It is only 8 months away. I want to lose as much weight as possible by then. I've spent my whole life being fat. The next stage of my life is here as I grow from a mother of babies, to a mother of young children. Am I going to be there playing with them at the park, YES! I don't want to be the mom that is too tired and sits on the park bench watching her kids play, wishing she was more in shape. I'm gonna get healthy, get hot, and enjoy life!

Ok, corny moment over .

Wow, do I sound like some cheesy commercial or what! Oh well, that's me I guess .

One more thing. I finally got into the hot tub this afternoon. A few minutes after I got in it started to rain. Then it started to pour! So I sat in the hot tub holding a pink umbrella . If I could have seen myself I would have laughed at me so hard! But, I think my muscles thank me. That, and the massage chair . I think my muscles are starting to like me again for the first time in a long time.

Sorry. This is what happens when I ramble after my muscle relaxer has kicked in .
Old 06-08-2012, 03:41 AM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
HAHA! Umbrella in the hot tub! I love it.

As for the rest of it, good for you!! You have the right attitude, and it will drive you through the challenging times. Eye on the prize, my friend!! Keep up the great work!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:10 AM   #338
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Is the where the neurotic blondes meet??? LOL I am so there!!!

As for exercise, make a plan like during the week of what you are going to do, then on the weekends, try t be more active, take the kids for a walk, run around outside, try to do something even walking everyday. For one it is good for you and it becomes a habit, and it will help you keep the weight off too.

I am coming over for steak!!! Mama had a good idea butter and hot sauce?? That sounds good, I bet that would be good on chicken too! I hate grilling I am terrible but now Tony is getting home so late, I call him with the meat of the day and he walks me through it, the kids are so proud that I am getting much better, for tonight I have a big London Broil marinating, soy, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and some chinese 5 spice, so I hope its good. I am doing cesear salad again since I opened anchovies the other day.

Water- we hold water, we are women, I hold a shocking amount the best thing you can do is drink, drink 125 ounces a day- half your body weight, and see what your numbers are, I am not sure what they are suppose to be, but we need water, that is how the fat leaves you!!!!

Olives- are not carby but full of sodium which can make you retain fluid. Also sausage, hotdogs, bacon all that with nitrates, etc can make you hold fluid. If you look around you can find nitrate free hotdogs and bacon.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:37 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Hey, you're not corny at all. Giving yourself that gift for your next birthday is not only a realistic goal, it's showing pride in yourself and being the best you can be!
writermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #340
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Nuthin corny here, just a woman loving herself enough to give herself the best gift ever. I love that you are determined to work on YOU now so as your kids grow you will be able to keep up more and enjoy running around with them. I regret not getting a handle on the extra weight I gained with pregnancy's as they were little. I feel like I missed out on some things, but did my best to make up for it in other ways.. Do it now Sweetie, you will be so so glad you did!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Christine- Thanks! Eye on the prize is right. I just may need to get out the Rocky movie music again!

Amber- Neurotic blonds unite! LOL! Yeah, I think that I what I will do. Exercise M-F and then plan fun active stuff for the weekends. MMMmmm! Butter and hot sauce on chicken makes me want buffalo chicken! One of my total faves!!!! I don't mind retaining water, just so long as I know it . It is so cool seeing on my neat scale that I am losing pounds even though I am gaining water. Means I'm losing even more fat!!!!! Yippee!!!

Your london broil sounds DELISH!

Laura- Thanks! Sometimes I feel like such a dork . But hey, if so, I'm a happy dork with goals! So who cares! LOL!

Dainell- Oh thank you! Our kids are our greatest motivators. We want so bad to give them the best, and feel so bad when we fail. So I'm doing it now!! My kids will have a health and fit mama that will be a good role model if I have to cut out carbs and work out five times a week to do it! Wait a minute, that's what I'm doing . This moma's on a roll!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, and speaking of being on a roll (and not eating it of course )...............

253.8 THIS MORNING!!!!

I not only met but surpassed my goal two weeks in a row!!! My goal was 254.0. But I wanted really bad to beat my goal. And I did! It's the exercise that has done it, I'm sure. That, and I think the tracker site think is keeping my carbs lower just by knowing that I have to enter everything into numbers that I can actually see, not just kind of guess at. So motivating to keep it up!

I'm so motivated that I'm going to UP my goal for next Friday from 250.8 to 248.8. I want the 240's sooooo bad! Then of course I will be wanting the 230's soooo bad. And so on and so forth .

I am so sore today. My legs, abs, pecs, basically every muscle in my body is sore. But I am motivated to work through the pain and keep up with this downward trend on the scale! Oh, I almost forgot! My energy has gone way up! LIFE IS GOOD, GOOD, GOOD!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #343
Blabbermouth!!!

Love it Melissa! GReat job on a great loss!!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Wow girl, your doing great!! ... 10 lbs at a time, thats the way I look at it too.
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GO MELISSA! Great work! A decade at a time, just like Nikki said! Great job!!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
YAY YOU!!!
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
YAY!!! I am so excited for you Melissa!!! Way to rock it out on the scale!!! So happy you have more energy too!!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

I did my workout today. 35 minutes on the elliptical. 10 painful, tired, and just pushing it minutes, and the next 25 I got my groove on! It's amazing how some times when you push through the first part the endorphin's start to kick in and it feels great!

I was so into it I pushed my self so hard I almost felt like puking! (Hey Amber, exciting huh? ) I think I just drank a little too much too fast while working out.

While I was starting and not really feeling it I just started thinking "get to the 240's, the 240's, the 240's............" I'm not sure what on earth suddenly has me so incredibly motivated, BUT I LIKE IT!
Old 06-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
WOO HOO!!!! Go Melissa!!!! Rock it out lady!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWANNABE View Post
Oh, and speaking of being on a roll (and not eating it of course )...............

253.8 THIS MORNING!!!!

I not only met but surpassed my goal two weeks in a row!!! My goal was 254.0. But I wanted really bad to beat my goal. And I did! It's the exercise that has done it, I'm sure. That, and So motivating to keep it up!

I'm so motivated that I'm going to UP my goal for next Friday from 250.8 to 248.8. I want the 240's sooooo bad! Then of course I will be wanting the 230's soooo bad. And so on and so forth .

I am so sore today. My legs, abs, pecs, basically every muscle in my body is sore. But I am motivated to work through the pain and keep up with this downward trend on the scale! Oh, I almost forgot! My energy has gone way up! LIFE IS GOOD, GOOD, GOOD!
yeah for meeting your goal! Yeah for setting big goals! I've set big goals & met some but I've also had a few that I didn't hit but that's when you prove to yourself you are serious --- you keep on trucking knowing it will work if you stick to it. Ok. I'm hush now. So excited to see you transform in these next 8 months!!!
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
Go Melissa! Keep it up! You're on a roll - surpassing goals left & right...
I hear ya on the food tracking. It helps me control snacking because just the thought of having to find the food & enter it is sometimes so much trouble it's not worth taking the bite or two.
mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidsoutherner View Post
yeah for meeting your goal! Yeah for setting big goals! I've set big goals & met some but I've also had a few that I didn't hit but that's when you prove to yourself you are serious --- you keep on trucking knowing it will work if you stick to it. Ok. I'm hush now. So excited to see you transform in these next 8 months!!!
Aww thanks ! I hope I can be one of those success stories that motivates other people. That was actually one of the main reasons I started journaling, but it has turned out to be worth so much more! You guys cheering my on keeps me going strong!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_2_3 View Post
Go Melissa! Keep it up! You're on a roll - surpassing goals left & right...
I hear ya on the food tracking. It helps me control snacking because just the thought of having to find the food & enter it is sometimes so much trouble it's not worth taking the bite or two.
Thanks Kristen! Yeah, logging is a total must from now on! It probably saves me from so many carbs!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Food for today:

June 8, 2012
FOODS Calories Carbs Fat Protein Cholest Sodium Sugars Fiber
Breakfast
Heavy Whipping Cream - Heavy Whipping, 0.54 Cup 441 4g 47g 3g 175mg 48mg 0g 0g
Lunch
Premier Nutrition - High Protein Vanilla Shake - Subtract Dietary Fiber From Carb , 11 fl oz 160 1g 3g 30g 25mg 330mg 1g 2g
Sirloin Steak - Sirloin Steak 170 g (6 oz), 112 g 132 0g 8g 15g 49mg 59mg 0g 0g
La Choy - Soy Sauce, 1 tbsp 10 1g 0g 1g 0mg 1,160mg 0g 0g
Dinner
Food Basics - Seasoned Boneless Beef Roast Cross Rib, 145.6 gm 277 1g 17g 29g 116mg 233mg 0g 0g
Vegetables - Celery - 1 Large Stalk, 1 stalks 10 1g 0g 0g 0mg 26mg 1g 1g
Snacks
Nuts - Almonds, 1.5 oz (23 whole kernels) 245 8g 21g 9g 0mg 0mg 2g 5g
TOTAL: 1,275 16g 96g 87g 365mg 1,856mg 4g 8g
Food Notes
Really? Only 132 calories in all that steak?!?!?!

Only 3 net carbs in almonds. So take away 5 carbs from total.

EXERCISES Calories Minutes Sets Reps Weight
Cardiovascular
Elliptical Trainer 606 35

Cliff notes version:
1,275 calories
11 carbs

It feels really weird seeing such a low calorie thing. I mean, I'm not starving myself. I eat what I feel is A LOT of food. I think the fact that I have to come and write everything down though keeps me from "grazing" type snacking. You know the kind. The "a little bite here a little bite there" kind of thing.

Also makes me avoid splenda like the the plauge !

So, good day over all. I weighed in under my goal weight. I exercised when I totally did not feel like it and ended up really enjoying my workout. And I ate a nice low number of carbs. How is that for keeping accountable! That's like, scary accountable!

So tomorrow I don't plan to work out. Who knows, I might anyway. But Saturday has been my big cleaning day lately to get ready for my day of rest on Sunday. Maybe I'll actually plan better for it and have some ready made meals for once! If they don't get rained out DH will probably be working strait through the weekend. So it's not like the house will be any different than on a week day.

Berry Dairy days are next weekend. It's a yearly fair thing with car shows and all sorts of stuff. Strawberry shortcake is the main thing to go and eat there. Sold by local cheer leaders no less! Yeah, I really want to go and take my fat butt over and face plant in a bowl of strawberry shortcake looking at those thin perky little things. I don't think so! I don't care how old I get, whenever I see a cheer leader I think of what I was NOT at that age. Yeah, I know it's weird. But what girl did not wish she was the skinny pretty cheer leader with boys falling all over her? I don't think I'll ever grow out of that! I'll be like 90 and wanting to pull of the cute little uniform. Who knows, at 90 I might just be the spunky old lady who has a cheer leader uniform in her closet that she wears for her hubby in the bedroom!

Wow, can I ramble or what?

So I have set this really high goal of losing 4 pounds this week instead of 3.2. Am I nuts? I wonder if I try my best if I will be able to do it. I'm sure gonna try! Wait, that would probably mean working out through the weekend.... Hmmm. I'm gonna have to rethink my workout schedule.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:24 AM   #355
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hun so proud of you, and very proud of working it til you puke, LOL Don't gulp a bunch of water, be hydrated before you start and then just little sips then drink afterwards!!!! I would not set your goal higher, 3 pounds is a good number per week, if you exceed it well great, but then you wont be bummed, I find anything to keep you positive!!!!!!Just look to the next decade!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:38 AM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great job eating on plan! And exercising when you didn't feel like it. That's huge! I saw a cute saying on Pinterest: The hardest step for a runner is the first step out the door. That applies to all exercise, in my opinion. The hard part is getting started, so good for you for forcing yourself into doing what's good for you. Enjoy your Saturday!
Old 06-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
My Dr. told me to start walking 5 days a week for 1hr
I tried it but it's a pain for me so I'm thinking of just working at it a little at a time. How many days a week do you workout and for how long?
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine21463 View Post
My Dr. told me to start walking 5 days a week for 1hr
I tried it but it's a pain for me so I'm thinking of just working at it a little at a time. How many days a week do you workout and for how long?
Doc are great for giving out advise strait from their med books. Not so great at giving out real life advise. Do you think that you could walk for an hour a day? If you feel up to it, great, do it. If not, start at like 25 or 30 minutes and add a couple minutes a day until you work up to what you feel gives you a great workout. If you can go to a gym, that would be even better. Walking is great for getting your heart rate up, but it can only go so far in all over body toning. And skin likes to stick to muscle, so all over toning is great for minimizing flaby skin (to a point) that results from weight loss.

I'm not exactly the worlds best when it comes to exercise. I only just started back up again exercising a few days ago . Back when I lost over 100 pounds (that I gained back when I went off of atkins) I was a total gym rat at 2hours a day 5 days a week with 3 days of weight lifting and 2 days of yoga a week. But, back then I had no life and just went to college and to the gym, and was in my early 20's. Now I'm in my 30's with little ones, an hubby, and a house to take care of. My new gym is called the family room with my elliptical. I want to get a nice weight lifting set in there soooo bad!

My doc just adjusted my meds for my fybro so that my pain is under control enough to work out ! I am so excited. Working out has made a HUGE difference. Now that I'm exercising I've lost 4.6 pounds in the last 5 days!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

6-1: 256.6 (officially 20 pounds lost since april 18th! 6 weeks and 2 days!!!!) TOM
6-2: 257.2 TOM
6-3: 258.4 Still not worrying, it's just taking more work to not worry! TOM
6-4: 258.4 (sorry, I forgot to put that in here yesterday ) TOM
6-5: 256.8 (encouraging since my water % went up to 40.1, so I gained water but lost weight! ) TOM, maybe ending
6-6: 255.6 Yes! And TOM finally over My water weight is still at 40.1
6-7: 254.4 Goal here I come! Water weight up to 40.2%!
6-8: 253.8 BEAT MY GOAL OF 254.0! Still have 40.2% water!
9-9: 252.2 REALLY ! PRAISE GOD! And my water weight is up to 40.3% (wet hair?)

When I saw the #252.2 on the scale my eyes totally bugged right out of my head! And then they STAYED that way for like a full 20 seconds !

That # so makes me want to work out again today!
Old 06-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #360
Blabbermouth!!!

Great job!! Keep it up chicky!