Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Love the skinny list! I will have to make one too. Enjoy your rest day!
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Ok, time for today's food accountability report.

Breakfast: Brace yourself! I did NOT have just coffee and cream for breakfast . I had coffee and cream AND sausage AND an omelet with cheese and sauteed onions and orange peppers. Way yummy!!!!!

Lunch: protein drink (1 carb)

Dinner: shrimp curry made with onoins, peppers, shrimp, and coconut milk mixed with curry powder. Boy that was good! I ate a ton of it .

I'll probably have a snack later of buttered coconut bread or jello and cream with cinnamon.

I'm having to work really hard to not be scared seeing the scale going up instead of down. I know it does it's fluctuation thing and all, and I'm working hard to keep a good attitude about it. But it is still disheartening. I'm hoping I see the scale go down instead of up tomorrow.

I did get in some exercise of a sort today. We went to the skating rink today. I had not been skating since I was a little kid, and just a few times when I was a teenager. Let me tell you, it was not pretty !

I totally realized just how out of shape I am trying to skate! I was sweating like a pig clinging to to wall going like a 1/4 mile an hour . My hubby of course got right out there and skated forwards and backwards strutting his stuff. My three year old son did better than I did I think . But I was really impressed. DS just took to those skates easy as pie. He just kind of walked his little roller skates around right from the get go. I, on the other hand, stood up in my roller skates and suddenly thought "Oh my goodness! What was I thinking!!!!" as I clung to anything I could find.

Even clinging to the wall though I was sweating and my leg muscles and knees were getting a total work out. Let's see how I feel tomorrow!

I got a pedometer today. We were at the store getting DS a new bike. His tricycle bit the dust and the bike that I got for free for him on craigs list is still too big for him. Any way, we were waiting for it to be assembled and I saw the pedometers. I just got a cheap $5 one. I am wondering just how much I walk. Or, to be more real, how much I don't walk . So I want to take the kids and the dog for a walk tomorrow and see how much we really walk. Should be interesting.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rate-lose.html
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvslowcarb View Post
Love the skinny list! I will have to make one too. Enjoy your rest day!
Thanks Nikki! I just love your support . It's so neat!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
That sounds like so much fun!!! I haven't been skating for years. I'm not sure DS5 is old enough for it yet but in a couple years for sure we will be doing it.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:31 AM   #275
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
JC- I love curry too, I love Indian food but when we go out the Naan and the papadums and condiments kills me, there is a can of tikki masala I get that is only 4 carbs it is soooo good over chicken when you just want something different! I love hot curries too, some of the sauces are pretty low carb! I agree with hubs I do love rice with curry, but the cauliflower rice is sooooo good you can make it and trick him he will think it is sticky rice!
Cauliflower Rice-Cauliflower Pulao Recipe-Gobi rice | Padhuskitchen

Omit basmati, but I like her recipes they are easy to make low carb since most are veggies and I get bored of salad and plain old veggies! Like when all you have is a hunk of meat I want the veg to be exciting!

What is this coconut bread? Did you post a recipe?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Melissa, love your skinny list! Such a good inspiration for things to come
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
JC- I love curry too, I love Indian food but when we go out the Naan and the papadums and condiments kills me, there is a can of tikki masala I get that is only 4 carbs it is soooo good over chicken when you just want something different! I love hot curries too, some of the sauces are pretty low carb! I agree with hubs I do love rice with curry, but the cauliflower rice is sooooo good you can make it and trick him he will think it is sticky rice!
Cauliflower Rice-Cauliflower Pulao Recipe-Gobi rice | Padhuskitchen

Omit basmati, but I like her recipes they are easy to make low carb since most are veggies and I get bored of salad and plain old veggies! Like when all you have is a hunk of meat I want the veg to be exciting!

What is this coconut bread? Did you post a recipe?
Thanks for the link! I get really board with food sometimes. I prefer to have something more exotic sometimes. The whole chicken and salad or veggie or beef and veggie gets old pretty quick at times. Don't get me wrong, I love me some good old comfort food steak or roast. But I think that food needs to be exciting and different sometimes .

Oh, the coconut bread. Let me see if I can find where I wrote down the recipe. I'll post it for the honey badgers too, I bet they'll like it.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

1 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1 cup almond mild
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
12 eggs
24 packets splenda
3 tablespoons baking powder
2-3 tsp almond extract (flavor)
2-3 tsp lemon extract

I THINK that was all I put in. I wanted to have a low carb cake option at the party. There will be at least 2 other low carbers other than me. I think that this is gluten free too. I don't know.

I've made this into muffins and in a 9 x 13 cake pan.

It takes a long time to cook, even as muffins. The muffins about 35 or more minutes at 350. The cake pan more like 45 -60 minutes. I don't really time things, I just kind of check on them every ten or fifteen minutes. Cook it until the top is dry dry and a little bit brown, not much. But don't under cook it or the center will be spongy.

Strangely enough this taste better after a day in the fridge. Because of all of the eggs I put it in the fridge. It is kind of crumbly like corn bread in a way. It is really good with lots of butter, and I mean LOTS of butter! Yum yum!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

I think my scale and I are having communication problems. It's not saying what I want it to!!!!!

Well, it has to be the scale. After all, I am perfect .

The scale was bouncing between 258.2 and 258.4. I had already drank about 10-12 ounces of coffee and water.

I think that I need to lower my calories a bit. I think I'll have a protein shake for lunch and one for an afternoon snack to help keep my apatite down so I don't eat so much at dinner. I also want to limit my after dinner snacking.

That freaking scale number is going down if I have to tear it apart and reprogram it myself! Ok, so I don't know how to do that. But if I did......

Anyhow, I'm determined . I wont let that scale keep me from weight loss happy dance euphoria!!!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Melissa, just a suggestion, but you may want to rethink the coconut bread. 24 packets of splenda is 24 carbs plus the carbs from the flours. Depending on how you are slicing it or how many muffins you are making you may be eating way more carbs than you realize. If you are eating it regularly and not losing you may want to cut it out for a while or find some substitutes to lower the carb count.
writermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #281

That is why I recommended the EZsweet liquid splenda, 0 carbs a packet of splenda has like .9 carbs so they say zero since it is less than 1.0 but it all adds up here and there! Granular has some too since it is part sugar, the liquid is really concentrated!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Or the Torani SF syrups - those are awesome.
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #283
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWANNABE View Post

I think my scale and I are having communication problems. It's not saying what I want it to!!!!!

Well, it has to be the scale. After all, I am perfect .

The scale was bouncing between 258.2 and 258.4. I had already drank about 10-12 ounces of coffee and water.

I think that I need to lower my calories a bit. I think I'll have a protein shake for lunch and one for an afternoon snack to help keep my apatite down so I don't eat so much at dinner. I also want to limit my after dinner snacking.

That freaking scale number is going down if I have to tear it apart and reprogram it myself! Ok, so I don't know how to do that. But if I did......

Anyhow, I'm determined . I wont let that scale keep me from weight loss happy dance euphoria!!!!!
^^^That made me ^^^ Melissa, you're doing great, patience woman! Make sure you're measuring as well, sometimes we don't lose on the scale every day/week, but shrinking in our clothes! Keep chuggin away, before ya know it you'll be plowing through the next decade of numbers!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
I enjoyed reading the first page of your journal and I can really relate with a few things that you mentioned. I'm looking forward to reading the rest.

See ya around!
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Pretty sure I have a scale reprogrammer around here somewhere......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sledgehammer.jpg (10.4 KB, 2 views)
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWANNABE View Post
Holy flabby arm jiggles bat man! I want to get rid of my "wings" in the worst way!

No more singing "I believe I can fly" jiggling my arm flab!
NOT I BELIVE I CAN FLY!!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
I love the skinny list Melissa!! I must make me one too.!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Pretty sure I have a scale reprogrammer around here somewhere......
I LIKE the way you think woman!!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Laura and Amber-

Yeah, I think that the coconut bread needs an alternative to splenda packets. One batch does make quite a lot. The last time I made it it made 12 regular size muffins, 24 mini muffins, and a little loaf. I don't know the exact carb counts, but I put a lot of eggs in it to keep it low and high in protein. Strangly, it does not turn out eggy if it is cooked long enough. I'm skipping it tonight. I might just keep my ziploc bag of coconut bread muffins in the freezer so I don't feel like I have to eat them before they go bad. In fact, I'll do that tonight!

valentine-
Welcome aboard the crazy train . I'm glad you can relate. It's always nice to know that other people are or have been going through what you have been going through.

Cassidy-

No more flying!!!!!!! Flab be gone you evil one!!!! Bwah ha ha!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

So I change my diet up a little today. I hope this plan of action helps. I was such a couch addicted slug today being so soar from rollerskating (well, trying to any way ). I know from experience that my back will go balistic if I don't give it a good rest after something like that. I can tell when the pain starts in a certain way and feels a certain way. It's not pretty when I ignore my body signals from the fybro .

So, here it is:

Breakfast: Coffee and cream

Lunch: 1 carb protein drink with 30 grams protein

Snack: Same as lunch with 3 carbs worth of smoked almonds

Dinner: 1 1/2 hot links (4 carbs each, so like 6 carbs worth)

Snack: jello

At dinner tonight I had to mentally pay more attention. When I was heating up my hot links I asked myself if I really needed two, or if I could do with eating one. I mean, they have 340 calories and 4 carbs in each one. Not that I am counting calories. But I am trying to understand how much I actually need to eat verses eating two because I can. I mean, eating two would have 680 calories. Do I really need to eat that much when I have been sitting on my tooshie all day? But more importantly, am I eating two because I turn to mindless eating ignoring my hunger/full signals.

I find that I have a tendency to want to eat EVERYTHING on my plate. Once it's there, it's like "well I have to eat it now" and I go on auto pilate and just eat. Even if I am stuffed I feel the urge to finish my plate. Why on earth do I get that idiotic urge! Well, I tried to pay more attention tonight. I put two hot links on my plate, and after eating almost one and a half of them, I'm like "ok Melissa, you don't really NEED to eat that, you just want to. You have had plenty to eat and won't be starving later for leaving the other two carbs and three million calories on the plate"

So I went to put them in a plastic baggie, gave in and had one more bite (they are sooooo good! ) and put the rest in the fridge. Yea I'm so proud of me! Ok, not really THAT proud, but a little proud .

Oh, I also skipped the salad tonight. I wanted it, but thought that I could live without it just fine and dandy.

And just for tonight, I'm eating jello plain with no cream. Yeah, it's only another 60 calories for a tablespoon, but I'm not really hungry. I just want something sweet . Gotta love jello for that!

So, hopefully I will see a little drop (or a big one ) in the scale in the morning. I would love to see the 256's again, or the 255's even more! Only four more days to meet my goal of 254. I gotta tell you, having that little goal to meet every week really helps keep me on track. When I'm "just trying to lose weight" in general and don't have a goal to work towards, I find myself not working near so hard and cutting a bunch of corners. But, since I know that I have my little weight loss journal sitting in my bathroom with "goal 254 written on Friday's line it's almost like every day is the last leg of a race and I am running as fast as I can. And I also know that I have to come here and either tell you all that I met my goal or didn't. I mean, if Friday comes around and I'm at 254.6 I'm not going to freak out (much ), but if Friday comes around and I'm at 256, I'm going to have to ask myself what more could I have done. You know what I mean?

So here's to praying that I meet my goal on Friday and the scale has an ending whole number of 5 or 6 ( or 4 if there is a miracle )

Oh, and one more thing to add to my skinny list. Not seeing peoples eyes darting down to my belly when they first see me and then looking right back up like they did not just check out how flabby my stomach is.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

I have not made this. I jacked it from Happy2b's journal. Thanks Melanie!

It was so good. It was supposed to cool in the refridgerator for 24 hours. It didn't make it there. It was still warm from the oven when we ate it and everyone thought it was wonderful.

1 1/2 pounds cream cheese
1 1/3 cups Pourable Splenda (or other sugar substitute that is equal to 1 1/3 cups sugar)
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons davinci caramel syrup
16 ounces sour cream.
Cream cheese and eggs should be at room temperature before you start.

Start by beating the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Keep the mixer on a low setting throughout the beating and mixing process. Add the sugar substitute a little at a time and continue beating until creamy. Add one egg at a time and beat after each egg. When eggs have been mixed into the cream cheese, add vanilla and lemon juice, Add the sour cream last until just blemded in.Pour cream cheese mixture into the springform pan. Place on the top rack in the middle of a 325 degree preheated oven for one hour and 15 minutes. If you want a cheesecake with a less brown top, put on the next rack down. Also, some have commented that they had a few cracks... Remember not to open the oven while baking, this might make it crack. You might also want to try a waterbath but its not really neccessary. When time is up, turn off the oven and prop open the oven door... leave in oven for one hour. After one hour, remove from oven. Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake also, so if it shrinks while cooling it will not crack at that time either. Let cool to just about room temperature before the cheesecake is put into the refrigerator for 24 hours. Make sure you wait the 24 hours before sampling... A cheesecake should season. The wait is worth it. The flavor ripens and becomes enriched. Nutritional information: 319 Calories; 28g Fat (79.6% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 123mg Cholesterol; 177mg Sodium
Old 06-05-2012, 04:40 AM   #292

JC- with your pretty face and eyes I cannot believe that anyone is looking at your stomach only you see your tummy!!! We are our worst critics!!! I hear ya on the links, like I think holy crap 800 calories or something do you really need that? I try to be more mindful low carb is hard cause you really don't count calories but you are suppose to eat until full not overstuff!! I am one like you you have to clean your plate, that is the worst thing and I have purposely tried to not have my son do that, but he does have to eat his veggie.
Now my step daughter came last night for 2 weeks she is a bone pile, so tonight hot dogs her favorite thing, am I going to eat 3? NO!!! 2 freaking hotdogs no buns, although man I could eat a ton of hotdogs, LOL
Old 06-05-2012, 06:23 AM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
I remember a diet show on tv years ago, and the guy said something that has stuck with me - "You don't have to eat everything on your plate. It's wasted the minute you put it there. You have a choice: it can go in garbage, or on your hips." We were raised to clean our plates - now I (usually) eat till I'm full and go through a ton of seran wrap!

Melissa- I'm sorry the scale isn't moving right now BUT...you know you haven't cheated, been on plan 100%. This is just one of those discouraging but normal fluctuations. It may be just from inflammation from skating. Do you weigh at the same time every day? (1st thing in the am, sans clothes is best for me ) Have faith your're doing it and the scale will reflect it soon.

Have a great day!

The voice inside you that says you can't do this... is a liar.

mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

The scale went down today

6-1: 256.6 (officially 20 pounds lost since april 18th! 6 weeks and 2 days!!!!) TOM
6-2: 257.2 TOM
6-3: 258.4 Still not worrying, it's just taking more work to not worry! TOM
6-4: 258.4 (sorry, I forgot to put that in here yesterday ) TOM
6-5: 256.8 (encouraging since my water % went up to 40.1, so I gained water but lost weight! ) TOM, maybe ending

Now I'm extra glad to have the body fat and water % on my scale. Does anybody else retain more water at the end of and after their TOM?
Old 06-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

I found this web site:

a Calorie Counter - Count Calories & Food Nutrition Facts FREE

I think that I'm going to start using it to help me count my carbs more. Like I was wondering just how many carbs were in the cream in my coffee. So I weighed my cream this morning and it came to 3.3 ounces. I just entered 3.3oz into the counter and it came out as 2.744.

I've been keeping my carbs "low" but not really counting them. I think this will help!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #296

Hun use ****** you can enter the foods you eat and you can see the fat, carbs, etc, it is very easy!! I love that!!!! I know I have to count my half and half it adds up for sure, I like it white and sweet---like my men!!!! LOL Remember that in airplane????
Old 06-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hun use ****** you can enter the foods you eat and you can see the fat, carbs, etc, it is very easy!! I love that!!!! I know I have to count my half and half it adds up for sure, I like it white and sweet---like my men!!!! LOL Remember that in airplane????
Don't forget strong and hot!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

I think it's time to rock out cleaning house with some pandora and techno!

Time to shake it!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
I've been reading your journal.... now I can follow

I have fibromyalgia (or so the doctor said about 10 years ago) when he couldn't come up with any other reason why I had so many issues---- it's all about inflammation for me. Apparently I'm allergic to carbs well maybe just maybe it's wheat and flour but either way last fall I had a bad month and it was all round the time I thought low-carb wheat wraps were the BOMB.... when i stopped eating anything with flour/wheat I got better. another reason this way of eating is so good for me I think.

GLAD that scale is working for you now KEEP on KEEPING ON!!!

In 2012 I lost 60. In 2013 I found the majority of it again...now in 2014 I will fix it!
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #300
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Melissa, so glad the scale is cooperating today! Probably a good idea to track things, something I should be doing too. I'm afraid to tho, it gets obsessive for me and that leads to bad things sometimes. Soon tho, once I get some weight off I may do it just to see where I'm at, etc.
****** is pretty easy to use, it's my fave one.
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote