Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Gracie's Getting Healthy Journal#3 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/770849-gracies-getting-healthy-journal-3-a.html)

Gracie514 05-08-2012 06:02 AM

Gracie's Getting Healthy Journal#3
 
Wow! I can't believe this is my 3rd journal because the other 2 got too large! I've been through low-carb, hhcg, and now JUDDD. At least I have maintained much of my loss from hcg. I seem to be bouncing in between 3-4 lbs, from 186-190. When I started this journey YEARS ago, even before I had my daughter Erin who is now 3 years old, I weighed way into the 200's. When I delivered Erin my weight was over 250 lbs. because I remember when I left the hospital I was 242 lbs. - So, I'm down 55 lbs. since then :up: I'm not sure where my final goal is - maybe 159 lbs. I'm going to relax and just let it happen. JUDDD is working awesome for maintenance but not for weight loss. My UDs are a struggle and I go over my calories. The DDs are much easier.

Anyway, welcome to Journal #3 and hopefully my race to the finish line!!!

12yrslater 05-08-2012 06:04 AM

:hiya:


Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracie514 (Post 15639646)
Wow! I can't believe this is my 3rd journal because the other 2 got too large! I've been through low-carb, hhcg, and now JUDDD. At least I have maintained much of my loss from hcg. I seem to be bouncing in between 3-4 lbs, from 186-190. When I started this journey YEARS ago, even before I had my daughter Erin who is now 3 years old, I weighed way into the 200's. When I delivered Erin my weight was over 250 lbs. because I remember when I left the hospital I was 242 lbs. - So, I'm down 55 lbs. since then :up: I'm not sure where my final goal is - maybe 159 lbs. I'm going to relax and just let it happen. JUDDD is working awesome for maintenance but not for weight loss. My UDs are a struggle and I go over my calories. The DDs are much easier.

Anyway, welcome to Journal #3 and hopefully my race to the finish line!!!

That's awesome Gracie...Seems slow and steady is the best way to get to goal anyway ;)

You're still JUDDDing right now?

Gracie514 05-08-2012 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12yrslater (Post 15639656)
:hiya:




That's awesome Gracie...Seems slow and steady is the best way to get to goal anyway ;)

You're still JUDDDing right now?

Yeah, I'm JUDDDing, if that's what we want to call it :laugh: I try to get 3 good DDs in per week. The weekends are a total bust usually. One thing that did work was I ate a nice early dinner on a Saturday and was done eating at 4 pm. I fasted until 4 pm Sunday. It wasn't hard because I ate Saturday and then I was able to eat Sunday after 4 pm. I'm not sure what that diet is called :hyst: But it did cause a nice drop on the scale.

Deb294evr 05-08-2012 06:31 AM

HAha.. you had to get a new one!.. :laugh: Just kidding, I am on my third one too.. Chatty bunch we are!..

Hope your day goes well with JUDDD!!! :jumpjoy:

Gracie514 05-08-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb294evr (Post 15639733)
HAha.. you had to get a new one!.. :laugh: Just kidding, I am on my third one too.. Chatty bunch we are!..

Hope your day goes well with JUDDD!!! :jumpjoy:

I know right? :laugh: My last one was on like page 75 or something!!! Sheesh, we must be full of hot air :rofl:

12yrslater 05-08-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracie514 (Post 15639766)
Sheesh, we must be full of hot air :rofl:

OMG you literally made me LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!!:rofl:

lorettahd 05-08-2012 07:10 AM

Morning Gracie, I guess we will just keep doing it until we do it right huh:hyst: We are all in the same boat. Have an awesome day!

Gracie514 05-08-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12yrslater (Post 15639833)
OMG you literally made me LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!!:rofl:

:D

Gracie514 05-08-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorettahd (Post 15639851)
Morning Gracie, I guess we will just keep doing it until we do it right huh:hyst: We are all in the same boat. Have an awesome day!

You got that right LoLo!!!! Just proves how weight loss and maintenance is unfortunately a life long struggle. Even maintaining a weight sucks!!! On the bright side, we never give up :up:

MagieDen 05-08-2012 07:47 AM

Jumping in to cheer :jumpjoy: you on through your journey. Thank you for your cyber friendship!

:hugs:

Gracie514 05-08-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagieDen (Post 15639980)
Jumping in to cheer :jumpjoy: you on through your journey. Thank you for your cyber friendship!

:hugs:

Awesome! Thanks Maggie :love:

shari 05-08-2012 07:50 AM

Morning Gracie, that's some accomplishment! At least you've kept it off..through all the plans..LOL. I don't think there is one I haven't tried. :hyst: Whoo-Hooo..we can continue to blow hot air through this journal too!! :cool:

shari 05-08-2012 07:51 AM

repeat

Gracie514 05-08-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari (Post 15639997)
Morning Gracie, that's some accomplishment! At least you've kept it off..through all the plans..LOL. I don't think there is one I haven't tried. :hyst: Whoo-Hooo..we can continue to blow hot air through this journal too!! :cool:

:rofl: LMAO!!!! Honestly, the ONLY plan I lose weight on is hcg. All the others I either suck at or just maintain. I'm thinking of a short hcg round to get off maybe another 10 lbs. - after my bday of course :laugh:

shari 05-08-2012 07:56 AM

Of course...bday weekend can be loading time!! :jumpjoy: Then I can stalk your menus.... :D

12yrslater 05-08-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracie514 (Post 15640004)
:rofl: LMAO!!!! Honestly, the ONLY plan I lose weight on is hcg. All the others I either suck at or just maintain. I'm thinking of a short hcg round to get off maybe another 10 lbs. - after my bday of course :laugh:

When would you start? Maybe I'll accompany you but using Omaha foods (I CAN NOT FATHOM P2 Simeons! :sick: ) :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari (Post 15640016)
Of course...bday weekend can be loading time!! :jumpjoy: Then I can stalk your menus.... :D

That would be perfect!! Load during your weekend with the DH ;)

Gracie514 05-08-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12yrslater (Post 15640625)
When would you start? Maybe I'll accompany you but using Omaha foods (I CAN NOT FATHOM P2 Simeons! :sick: ) :D



That would be perfect!! Load during your weekend with the DH ;)

WELLLLL, it probably wouldn't be til the weekend after because he is having my family and friends over on Saturday the 19th for a little 40th bday partay!! :sing: And the weekend after that is Memorial Day and we are going away for the weekend to our trailer at the lake :love: Maybe after Memorial Day? Just praying I don't gain back all I've lost!!!

Gracie514 05-08-2012 11:02 AM

I just printed out a cool workout with dumbbells. It covers all the muscle groups and looks pretty good. I'm going to attempt this 3X per week. I have 3 lb, 5 lb, and 10 lb dumbbellls. I'll start with the 5's or 10's and see how I feel. I love lifting and haven't done it in a LONG time! I need to do SOMETHING to feel healthier :eek:

wmac 05-08-2012 11:09 AM

I need to start working out too!
I feel sooo much better when I am, but once I stop it is hard to get going again!

Gracie514 05-08-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmac (Post 15640665)
I need to start working out too!
I feel sooo much better when I am, but once I stop it is hard to get going again!

I know, that's exactly how I am too :mad: Once I start I feel fabulous - it's just getting my saggy arse off the couch and doing it :rofl:

12yrslater 05-08-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracie514 (Post 15640639)
WELLLLL, it probably wouldn't be til the weekend after because he is having my family and friends over on Saturday the 19th for a little 40th bday partay!! :sing: And the weekend after that is Memorial Day and we are going away for the weekend to our trailer at the lake :love: Maybe after Memorial Day? Just praying I don't gain back all I've lost!!!

WORKS Fantastically for me! I'm in.

Just do this old goat a favor? Remind me when the time comes around? :D

Deb294evr 05-09-2012 05:22 AM

Morning Gracie! Well you and Pati doing a round of HHCG, just makes me want to do it again.. :laugh: I don't think I can though, but I will certainly watch you girls and see how you do!

I think I could eat the Omaha plan foods, just not down that far in cals.. but how knows?... I want Hawaii bad enough...... if I can lose my appetite, ya just never know... :dunno:

Have a great day, lifting weights sounds wonderful, and I am going to start that this weekend.. These old bones need support... :D

Gracie514 05-09-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb294evr (Post 15642303)
Morning Gracie! Well you and Pati doing a round of HHCG, just makes me want to do it again.. :laugh: I don't think I can though, but I will certainly watch you girls and see how you do!

I think I could eat the Omaha plan foods, just not down that far in cals.. but how knows?... I want Hawaii bad enough...... if I can lose my appetite, ya just never know... :dunno:

Have a great day, lifting weights sounds wonderful, and I am going to start that this weekend.. These old bones need support... :D

Feel free to join us!!! I didn't even do the Omaha plan - I kind of made up my own :laugh: I had to make it doable and not something I hated. It wasn't bad at all, I swear! And if you find that it sucks, just quit! I've been reading these boards about hcg for years and there are those strict protocol drill sergeants who are on their upteenth round but will not vary from protocol. Makes no sense to me :dunno: If you can be more comfortable and have peace of mind - why not at least try going to the dark side? I was one of them once and thought if I veered from protocol at all that I wouldn't stabilize and blow up like a puffer fish :laugh: Well, truthfully if you don't follow any plan afterwards, we all gain it back - the roguers and the protocolers.

Gracie514 05-09-2012 05:53 AM

Good morning peeps! Well, my scale battery is officially dead :mad: I need to run out today and grab one. It's those little round lithium suckers - hope they're not a lot of $$$. So I have no idea what I weigh this morning. I did my dumbbell workout :jumpjoy: I warmed up (danced) for about 5-10 minutes and then started the workout. I used two 10 lb. dumbbells - is that too much? I was sore last night and this morning. I put some ICY HOT on and took some Advil. I also did some ab exercises after lifting. The workout last about an hour. I loved it :jumpjoy: I like when I can work at my own pace and not follow a video. OTOH, I do want to incorporate Callanetics again because of the nice long lines it give my muscles.

Today I'm going to lunch to that cool Mediterranean place :yummy: So, tomorrow will be a DD and then Friday starts my getaway weekend :clap: Still no idea where I'm going :laugh: DS is home from school today - he was complaining his throat/chest were hurting and he felt lightheaded :stars: Here we go again!

12yrslater 05-09-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracie514 (Post 15642381)
Feel free to join us!!! I didn't even do the Omaha plan - I kind of made up my own :laugh: I had to make it doable and not something I hated. It wasn't bad at all, I swear! And if you find that it sucks, just quit! I've been reading these boards about hcg for years and there are those strict protocol drill sergeants who are on their upteenth round but will not vary from protocol. Makes no sense to me :dunno: If you can be more comfortable and have peace of mind - why not at least try going to the dark side? I was one of them once and thought if I veered from protocol at all that I wouldn't stabilize and blow up like a puffer fish :laugh: Well, truthfully if you don't follow any plan afterwards, we all gain it back - the roguers and the protocolers.

Totally agree!!!

Morning Gracie! How was your weight lifting?

Gracie514 05-09-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12yrslater (Post 15642400)
Totally agree!!!

Morning Gracie! How was your weight lifting?

It went good - I'm pretty sore today though. I figure I'll try to do it 3X a week with at least a day's rest in between. I love to lift - makes me feel strong! Hoping to put some muscle where the arm flab is :laugh:

12yrslater 05-09-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracie514 (Post 15642458)
It went good - I'm pretty sore today though. I figure I'll try to do it 3X a week with at least a day's rest in between. I love to lift - makes me feel strong! Hoping to put some muscle where the arm flab is :laugh:

Good for you!!! :clap:

I love to lift too...I love heavy weight lifting tho. :love:

MagieDen 05-09-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracie514 (Post 15642381)
Feel free to join us!!! I didn't even do the Omaha plan - I kind of made up my own :laugh: I had to make it doable and not something I hated. It wasn't bad at all, I swear! And if you find that it sucks, just quit! I've been reading these boards about hcg for years and there are those strict protocol drill sergeants who are on their upteenth round but will not vary from protocol. Makes no sense to me :dunno: If you can be more comfortable and have peace of mind - why not at least try going to the dark side? I was one of them once and thought if I veered from protocol at all that I wouldn't stabilize and blow up like a puffer fish :laugh: Well, truthfully if you don't follow any plan afterwards, we all gain it back - the roguers and the protocolers.

:goodpost:

Have a great Wednesday Gracie, so excited for your up and coming trip!

Gracie514 05-09-2012 08:56 AM

Oh poo, my lunch date cancelled - she forgot she had a Dr. appointment. We are rescheduling for possibly Friday. Now what am I going to eat??? :laugh: Maybe I'll do a steak day??? I'm obsessed with grilled delmonicos lately :yummy:

Gracie514 05-09-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12yrslater (Post 15642463)
Good for you!!! :clap:

I love to lift too...I love heavy weight lifting tho. :love:

I used to lift at a gym and I really enjoyed the machines. I also liked lifting the heavy weights. Yesterday I used two 10 lb. dumbbells and I am seriously sore as heck today. I did each exercise 12 times and repeated this 3X. That's what the program recommended that I printed out. I hope to see some results in my arms in the next couple weeks :clap:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:50 AM.