Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 07:28 AM   #1291
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Your weekend sounds awesome, Gracie!! And I love the pic of Ricky. He sounds like a wonderful athlete.

WTG for busting through into onederland. It will be yours forever soon.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #1292
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Your weekend sounds awesome, Gracie!! And I love the pic of Ricky. He sounds like a wonderful athlete.

WTG for busting through into onederland. It will be yours forever soon.
AMBER!!! Great to see you Where have you been young lady? (Tapping my foot) How are things going?
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #1293
Blabbermouth!!!

I've been lurking around. I essentially fell off the healthy eating wagon last January. Got back on track in May. Had major surgery in June. Recovered in July. Restarted exercising and dieting in July/August. And after making little progress, restarted LC 2 weeks ago. Life is full of ups/downs for me right now, but this place has always been a happy little distraction and full of support so I knew I needed to come back. I'll prob start a new journal this week.

I'm so glad you are here and Katy too.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #1294

Quote:
I've been lurking around. I essentially fell off the healthy eating wagon last January. Got back on track in May. Had major surgery in June. Recovered in July. Restarted exercising and dieting in July/August. And after making little progress, restarted LC 2 weeks ago. Life is full of ups/downs for me right now, but this place has always been a happy little distraction and full of support so I knew I needed to come back. I'll prob start a new journal this week.

I'm so glad you are here and Katy too.
WOW it sounds like you've had one heck of a year. Can I ask what surgery you had? All that matters is you are back and ready to try again. You can't get to your goal without that very first day!!! I also have had a pretty trying year health wise. I had an awful upper respiratory infection back in May and then surgery in July. I was having horrible pain in the center of my face (nose) and here they found I had a bone spur in my nose that was causing it. I had the bone spur removed and shaved down as well as my sinus passages opened. I honestly thought I had some kind of brain tumor because the pain was so bad. I am so grateful my ENT figured it out - I had no life because of the ongoing everyday pain.

YES! Start a new journal and new beginning!
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 10-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #1295
Blabbermouth!!!

I had cysts on both ovaries removed. They did a C-section incision and I had about a 4-week recovery. It was LOADS of fun. They thought one might have been cancerous, but it wasn't thankfully.

I'm so sorry about your surgery! It sounds like you have a lot of relief now so that's great!!

Yes, new beginnings are great. And what better time than now??
Old 10-22-2013, 06:15 AM   #1296

Quote:
I had cysts on both ovaries removed. They did a C-section incision and I had about a 4-week recovery. It was LOADS of fun. They thought one might have been cancerous, but it wasn't thankfully.

I'm so sorry about your surgery! It sounds like you have a lot of relief now so that's great!!

Yes, new beginnings are great. And what better time than now??
My sister had that surgery twice. They found dermoid cysts on her ovaries when she was 18 years old. She was a twin but the other baby never developed and my mom delivered and empty sac. Apparently it's common for the teeth, hair, nails, etc. to keep growing and they wrapped themselves around my sister's ovaries (from the twin) I remember being like WTH??? Then she had the surgery again probably 5 years later because it happened again. She's 37 now but still hasn't been able to have any children I've always thought it was such an odd story....

I'm glad you are back and ready to go!!! I really need to get comfortable with my weight before the holidays hit.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #1297

Okay, TOM was nasty yesterday - cramps, bloating, tired Hoping today is better and he's on his way out the door. Weight back down this morning to 199.4 so that's good. Praying for a good drop tomorrow and getting the scale moving again

Yesterday's Menu for Accountabilty
B: coffee
L: ground beef and cabbage
Snack: apple
D: turkey sandwich on low calorie wheat bread w/mayo

I know I didn't get enough water in either. It's cold here and I just can't force it down. I need to go buy some yummy fall/winter teas. Still no exercise Now that youth football/cheer is almost over I will have more time. If DS's team wins Friday night we are in the playoffs (high school). It's supposed to be FREEZING on Friday night for the game. I'm going to dress in layers and pray I stay warm!!!

Everyone who reads have a fantastic day
Old 10-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #1298
Blabbermouth!!!

I also had a dermoid cyst in one ovary and some other kind in the other. It was so nasty. I heard the twin thing before but my mom doesn't think I was a twin. But who knows. Back then they didn't do many ultrasounds so maybe... I also wondered if maybe DS was a twin. Who knows. I'd hate to have to do it again in a few years. I hope that's not normally the case. The only way I'm letting them make that incision on my stomach again is if they do a tummy tuck at the same time! haha

Good job on your weigh in!! And good menu! Are you taking hcg now or just calorie counting or what?
Old 10-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #1299

Quote:
I also had a dermoid cyst in one ovary and some other kind in the other. It was so nasty. I heard the twin thing before but my mom doesn't think I was a twin. But who knows. Back then they didn't do many ultrasounds so maybe... I also wondered if maybe DS was a twin. Who knows. I'd hate to have to do it again in a few years. I hope that's not normally the case. The only way I'm letting them make that incision on my stomach again is if they do a tummy tuck at the same time! haha

Good job on your weigh in!! And good menu! Are you taking hcg now or just calorie counting or what?
Just make sure you go back to the doctor each year to get checked. My sister's periods were all screwed up and she would have awful cramps. And of course she refused to go to the doctor. That's why she ended up back in surgery 5 years later. She's exactly like my mom. My mom hasn't been to a doctor since my youngest sister was born....in 1981 I'm hoping I have my mom's genes though - she doesn't take any medications and she's thin and healthy.

I want a tummy tuck too!!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #1300

What day is it???? LOL HUUUUMMMMPPPP DAAAAAAY!!!! Love that commercial and my DD (4) Erin loves saying that

Scale read exactly 199.0 this morning, so a loss of 0.4#. Not stellar but at least it's in the right direction. I got a lot of water in too so I thought my drop would be better. I still have nasal congestion/chest congestion so my body may still be fighting off sickness. My poor Erin puked on the way to school this morning and it was all phlegm. She did this last week as well. So, I took her to the pediatrician's morning clinic and she has a sinus infection. I'm so glad I took her! She's on amoxycillin, saline nasal spray, throat drops, and some honey. My poor baby I swear with 3 kids attending 3 different schools we get all the CRAP.

Yesterday's Menu:
L: dippy eggs and 2 pieces of low-fat toast
D: meatballs/sauce (probably about 7 ounces of meat)

Not sure what I'm eating today - need to run to the store.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #1301
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm sorry your daughter is sick!! That is the worst!! WTG on another loss and a great food day. It will eventually all pay off on the scale. Even though .4 doesn't seem great, it's still almost 3 pounds per week and 12+ per month. That's really, really good and FAST.

I've only had a few cycles since my surgery and so far so good. I'm hoping LC will help with avoiding future cysts since I've read that it helps with PCOS. But I could be confusing the issues and be off base on that hope.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #1302

Quote:
I'm sorry your daughter is sick!! That is the worst!! WTG on another loss and a great food day. It will eventually all pay off on the scale. Even though .4 doesn't seem great, it's still almost 3 pounds per week and 12+ per month. That's really, really good and FAST.

I've only had a few cycles since my surgery and so far so good. I'm hoping LC will help with avoiding future cysts since I've read that it helps with PCOS. But I could be confusing the issues and be off base on that hope.
Thanks Amber. Erin has patiently been waiting to be star of the week at preschool and of course she gets sick!!!! I'm hoping I can send her back on Friday.

I'm happy with the 0.4 but I just want it gone quicker I hate relosing the same weight over and over and over..... So frustrating!!! I'm sure the low-carb is a way better option than all of the unhealthy processed crap. If Oreo's were good for me, I'd be the healthiest woman alive. I could seriously live on those. I can't buy them anymore - I can eat an entire package, no joke
Old 10-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #1303

Good morning and happy weekend eve! Weekends are so hard on plan for me. DS has an away game Friday night and we are supposed to take the fan bus out. There's tons of food and adult beverages. Not sure how to avoid without people interrogating me Scale was very nice this morning as it read 197.2 Moving down finally! TOM always stops my losses for a few days but now the bloat is leaving. I ended up doing a steak'ish day yesterday. I didn't eat all day then had a ribeye and broccoli for dinner. It was so yummy! I bought a frozen pumpkin pie and baked it and managed to avoid eating it. Luckily my 2 DD's and my DH ate half of it and then when my DS got home from football practice he ate the other half He's a growing boy!!!! He's actually now 6 feet tall and about 160+ pounds.

Not sure what I'm planning today. I bought some Quest Nutrition bars so I may have one of those for lunch and then eat a normal dinner. Hoping they don't make me stall or gain but I've heard lots of good things about them.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 10-25-2013, 06:30 AM   #1304

TGIF I am so happy the weekend is upon us! Still undecided on the bus trip to the game tonight. It's SNOWING here and I don't know if I want to sit through an entire football game. I just got over the flu and don't want to risk getting sick again. My DS is only in 9th grade and doesn't start but if they are winning by a good margin they will put him in as backup QB. He got in last week for the 3rd and 4th quarter. Decisions, decisions...

Scale was wonky this morning, I got like 4 different readings Maybe it's time for a new battery. I got 196.2, 195.6, 196.6, 195.8??? So, I just took the average and it's 196.0 - I'm good with that As long as it's DOWN right?

Yesterday's Menu
L: Quest Chocolate PB Protein Bar
D: Teriyaki Chicken over brown rice with broccolli (SO GOOD)

I wanted something sweet last night so I made some honey vanilla tea and sucked it up. I'm trying really hard to stick this out!!!

I read a quote on here that really got me thinking. It was something like, "if being fat is your problem, then eating is NOT your solution." Everytime I want to cheat I think of that in my head. Eating is not going to solve anything for me right now. I was glad also to see the Quest bar didn't hurt my losses. It was OK - not fantastic. I may try the chocolate chip cookie dough for lunch today.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #1305
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Gracie! You are doing AWESOME!!! Great weigh ins today!!!

I'm with you on those quest bars. I want to love them but just don't. I have a stash in my pantry and those may even have expired at this point.

I like that quote. It's true. Food is never the solution to my problem. It's never what I should reach for. It should only be used as fuel. KUTGW lady!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #1306

Hi peeps! Quick check in. I fell off the wagon last night and some things I shouldn't have. Scale this morning was 197.2 so not too devastating. Not sure what my plan of action is today. I definitely need to up the water but it's freezing cold here and I don't want to drink cold water. Maybe some tea will hit the spot. I would love to stay on plan today and see 195 tomorrow. Praying I can stay strong and not give in again Oh, I didn't go to the game and stayed home with Erin. Her antibiotics were giving her diarrhea so she had a belly ache. I cheated AT HOME - I'm such a loser

DS's team won 42-14! He got to play the 3rd and 4th quarters too. WOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 07:32 AM   #1307
Blabbermouth!!!

((hugs)) How are you today? Are you taking the kids out trick-or-treating?
Old 11-01-2013, 07:01 AM   #1308

Amber! Thanks for keeping my journal warm!

I did take Erin trick or treating last night. It was raining the entire time too. It wasn't super cold though so that was good.

I haven't been doing great. My weight is hovering around 198-200 right now. I was doing so well and then I sort of fell off the wagon. I just don't know what to do. I was thinking of just going straight up Atkins for a while. JUDDD is not good for me because I binge on the UD's and hcg is very difficult right now. I just need something to keep me in line!!! I need to get an induction list and follow it for 2 full weeks and see what happens. It's gonna be hard with all of this Halloween candy in the house

Tonight me and DH are taking the chartered bus to the playoff game! So excited!!! Hoping to bring home a win. We are playing an undefeated team though so praying for an upset

Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #1309
Blabbermouth!!!

What plans is the easiest for you to follow? Atkins? Calorie counting? Whatever it is, just pick it and start tomorrow. Don't worry if you lose fast or slow. Tell yourself to just start and maintain for a few weeks until you feel mentally strong enough to push to the next level and lose (if necessary). Just don't regain and undo your hard work.

I also find JUDDD hard at times. If I'm not 100 percent focused, I fail. Atkins is the easiest for me since I love the food choices. Usually the worst case for me is that I overindulge and maintain. As long as I'm on plan though, I don't tend to gain. Hang in there!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #1310

Quote:
What plans is the easiest for you to follow? Atkins? Calorie counting? Whatever it is, just pick it and start tomorrow. Don't worry if you lose fast or slow. Tell yourself to just start and maintain for a few weeks until you feel mentally strong enough to push to the next level and lose (if necessary). Just don't regain and undo your hard work.

I also find JUDDD hard at times. If I'm not 100 percent focused, I fail. Atkins is the easiest for me since I love the food choices. Usually the worst case for me is that I overindulge and maintain. As long as I'm on plan though, I don't tend to gain. Hang in there!

Thanks Amber
Old 11-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #1311

So, I was a very bad girl over the weekend. I went on the fan bus Friday night and ate way too many yummy treats. Then on Saturday I went to an awesome dinner with friends and then out for drinks. And yesterday was my dad's bday so we went to my sister's house to celebrate. I didn't weigh this morning but I'm sure it's not pretty It was fun though!

I've been trying to come up with a plan without causing myself to binge or go crazy. JUDDD always causes me to binge on the UDs for some reason. Then on the DDs I feel sorry for myself HCG is just too much to handle right now. So, I've decided on good old calorie counting and exercise - WOW! what a concept right? I'm giving myself 1400 calories per day and setting a goal of exercise 3-4 times per week. I'm going to start actually using my high priced gym membership!!!

Have to go to funeral home tonight (and last night). A good friend passed away at age 55. It was his 31st wedding anniversay and his wife found him downstairs on the floor in the middle of the night. He has 3 children - only 1 left at home. Please pray for his wife and children to find peace. It's so sad
Old 11-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #1312
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm so sorry about your friend's husband. That's awful. They are in my prayers.

I'm glad you found a plan of action. That's the hardest part.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #1313

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
So sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. I just said a prayer for his family and you all that are supportive.

I'm with you regarding which plan to follow...I always go back to low carb but the down side is that you have to continue to eat that way with no slip ups to have the best success. I can see why you've chosen calorie counting especially with your busy schedule. Wishing you much success!

SN: Reading about the other posts makes me want to share. I was just diagnosed with having cysts on my right and possibly left ovary too (found out last week) and am being referred to another gyn to discuss surgery. My doctor was like, "It's not cancer" but he couldn't tell me how he knows for sure as the only way to know is to have it removed and tested. The sucky part of this whole thing right now is that if I'd known earlier, I could've have it removed during the surgery I had earlier this year for the ectopic pregnancy...now I'll have to go back under again, plus have fibroids removed. Getting older sucks!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #1314
Blabbermouth!!!

Shari - They can tell what kind of cyst in many cases based on the ultrasounds and scans. Some types, like the one I had, is 9 times out of 10 non-cancerous. So they typically say it's not cancer, but they always test just in case. I agree about it all sucking. Good luck. I hope you have a speedy recovery and that it is not as invasive of a procedure as mine was.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #1315

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Thanks Amber, I must admit I was a bit worried after reading your post of it being a c-section incision/surgery. My surgery earlier this year was laproscopic, less invasive, but it still took a couple of weeks to recover and really it wasn't until the third week that I felt better...but I know hormonal shifting contributed to that icky feeling too.

Can I ask if it's not too personal (or if you prefer, PM me) why yours had to be a c-section vs. laproscopic? I've had two c-sections so scar tissue is already there...I really don't want a third, plus the recovery time is a lot worse. I'm glad yours was successful though and you're back.

(sorry Gracie for the journal jack)
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #1316
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't mind at all. My cysts was so large that he didn't want to take it out laproscopicly. He said he'd make a small scar - like 2-3 inches - and go in that way. Said he'd have an easier time saving my ovary. I researched it and it sounded like depending on the size of the cysts, some doctors preferred that method. My cyst was discovered because it twisted my ovary and put me in the hospital with severe pain. So things were already a little traumatized in that area for me. When I went into surgery, he apparently dug around and saw other cysts (different types) on my other ovary and made my incision twice as big and took those out as well. All three were biopsied and were noncancerous. I knew going in that the incision could be larger, that there was risk that my ovary may be removed, etc. I guess they didn't know about the other since all my tests were done when I was in emergency care/severe pain and that was their focus.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #1317

Hi peeps Sorry to hear of your troubles Shari. Hopefully they will be able to do the surgery as minimally invasive as possible. Very thankful they found it and are treating you! Amber - my sister was the same way. She had regular surgery twice for the cysts. Thankfully they were dermoid cysts and nothing else.

I'm still calorie counting and doing good. I'm staying around 1400 calories per day. Sometimes I'm really hungry so I grab something small but still stay under the 1400. I will weigh maybe tomorrow morning. I know I was around 205 in the beginning of the week and 199.6 yesterday. At least I'm back in onederland. My goal is 195 by Thanksgiving and then I'll reevaluate.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 11-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #1318

TGIF! I'm so happy the weekend is upon us Well, my scale was very uncooperative this morning - it read 201.2. But, my calories yesterday were 1557 and I drank most of my water. I had teriyaki chicken with brown rice and broccoli for dinner and I totally believe the sodium is the cause for the blip up. When I woke up this morning my rings were tight so I knew I was retaining water. I probably shouldn't have weighed but I'm not going to make myself insane. I know it's the sodium and not actual weight gain. At least my brain is progressing

So far today I've had coffee and a muffin with egg and cheese. That puts me at 313 calories so far. I have a long cheer practice today and I told the girls I would buy pizza and I'm baking chocolate chip cookies. I will probably just wait until dinner now to eat.

I'm really working on my head lately. All of the fad diets I've tried seriously aren't working. HCG was the only thing that ever really worked for me but I just can't handle it right now. Back about 12 years ago I did LA Weightloss and I did lose about 25 pounds. It was basically low calorie and some exercise. It probably worked out to about 1400 calories per day and took me a few months. My weight is seriously fine right now - all my clothes fit good and I'm not going to panic anymore!!! I'm going to take my time and just try to eat good and start exercising and keeping busy. Yesterday I had cheer practice for a couple hours and then I tutored 4 kids in Algebra 2 Honors. So I kept busy and didn't worry too much about food.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #1319

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Hi Gracie - Hang in there with the calorie counting. It has served me well, and I am confident it will do the same for you. My son has lost 90 pounds with calorie counting, and very little exercise. It's truly been a lifestyle change for him. His goal is 100 pounds lost, but, he looks great now. We both use a popular calorie counting site to track. I've been lazy in my tracking lately since we are on the road, but, my weight is still good. Keep up the good work. I am sure the blip up is retention, so watch your carbs today, and you will come back down.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Hi Gracie - Hang in there with the calorie counting. It has served me well, and I am confident it will do the same for you. My son has lost 90 pounds with calorie counting, and very little exercise. It's truly been a lifestyle change for him. His goal is 100 pounds lost, but, he looks great now. We both use a popular calorie counting site to track. I've been lazy in my tracking lately since we are on the road, but, my weight is still good. Keep up the good work. I am sure the blip up is retention, so watch your carbs today, and you will come back down.
Thanks Marie I am also using an app on my iPhone that tracks calories. I've been doing good keeping between 1300-1500 per day. It's amazing to see how many calories are actually in foods. A 6" Subway sub is only around 250-350 calories depending on which one you get. One Subway cookie is 220 calories! YIKES - you can have a 6" sub for just about as much as one cookie. I also need to get in more veggies but I just haven't had a taste for them lately. I have been eating those little carrots and ranch dressing as a snack. I can have like 13 carrots and a tablespoon of ranch for around 100 calories and it's filling. You son has done marvelous! 90 pounds is what my 10 year old daughter weighs!!! Kudos to both you and him!!!