Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #991
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Hope things are going better by now! Have a great rest of the DD!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 07:18 AM   #992

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Happy Thursday - almost the weekend! My DD Gracie is in a basketball tournament all weekend. She plays Friday night, then 2X on Saturday which will determine when she plays on Sunday. Hoping they do well!!! Yesterday was a good DD. I only had the Slim Fast shakes and stayed around 600 calories. I really need the shakes to take control of my eating. I had a shake for breakfast today, they are actually pretty tasty. I might go buy some Atkins shakes though for the Carb control. No weighing today because TOM is in full force and kicking my butt.

Erin seems to be feeling a bit better - praying those meds kick in and heal her poor ears. I can't wait for the weather to get warmer and spring to get here!!! We are actually supposed to have a snowstorm starting tonight into tomorrow morning I'm really ready for winter to be OVER!!!!

I've been contemplating joining a gym close to my house. I suck at exercising at home and it's too cold outside to walk. I would like to join on a monthly basis and not sign a year contract. I need to see if it will work for me or not. I know I feel better when I exercise, WHY is it so hard to do it????

I think I've hit a mental breakthrough too. I've realized that I'm the only one preventing my weight loss from happening. If I really want this, I need to step up and just get it done. I can't keep blaming everything and everyone else and realize that it's as simple as wanting something and doing it. I have about 30'ish pounds to lose - that doesn't sound so bad. I need to just put my mind to this and GET IT DONE. Why am I so weak when it comes to losing this stupid weight????
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #993
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post

I think I've hit a mental breakthrough too. I've realized that I'm the only one preventing my weight loss from happening. If I really want this, I need to step up and just get it done. I can't keep blaming everything and everyone else and realize that it's as simple as wanting something and doing it. I have about 30'ish pounds to lose - that doesn't sound so bad. I need to just put my mind to this and GET IT DONE. Why am I so weak when it comes to losing this stupid weight????
Hi Gracie! I'm a long time reader of your journal, even if I only post once a year , but I just wanted to pop in and tell you that whenever I read your journal I'm always motivated by your ability to reign yourself in before you gain much weight and you immediately take steps to lose it back. I've learned a lot from you and I've started doing the same thing, whereas years ago I'd gain 20 to 30 pounds back easily and then go into major depression.

Having said that, for the past year or more, I've been bouncing the same 10 pounds back and forth, over and over. I'm usually bouncing between hcg and atkins and it all averages out to the same 10 pounds and I'm so sick of it.

This morning I was reading a girls journal and she went from 199 at the end of October and today she weighs 170! And I was so happy for her but it made me so mad at myself because I've been trying to get to 170 for about 4 years and I'm still not even close, and she did it in less than 4 months! It was a rude awakening for me and I came to the same realization that you did...I'M the only thing keeping me from losing this weight. If other people can do it, so can I! So I vowed to go back to low carb only, and to stop bouncing from plan to plan because clearly it isn't working for me.

Anyhow, sorry to give you this long story, but I just wanted to tell you to not get down on yourself because you have helped me so much without even knowing it, AND I believe in you and I think you can lose those 30 pounds before summer, no problem!

Last edited by FatFatnomore; 02-07-2013 at 07:37 AM..
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #994

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Hi Gracie! I'm a long time reader of your journal, even if I only post once a year , but I just wanted to pop in and tell you that whenever I read your journal I'm always motivated by your ability to reign yourself in before you gain much weight and you immediately take steps to lose it back. I've learned a lot from you and I've started doing the same thing, whereas years ago I'd gain 20 to 30 pounds back easily and then go into major depression.

Having said that, for the past year or more, I've been bouncing the same 10 pounds back and forth, over and over. I'm usually bouncing between hcg and atkins and it all averages out to the same 10 pounds and I'm so sick of it.

This morning I was reading a girls journal and she went from 199 at the end of October and today she weighs 170! And I was so happy for her but it made me so mad at myself because I've been trying to get to 170 for about 4 years and I'm still not even close, and she did it in less than 4 months! It was a rude awakening for me and I came to the same realization that you did...I'M the only thing keeping me from losing this weight. If other people can do it, so can I! So I vowed to go back to low carb only, and to stop bouncing from plan to plan because clearly it isn't working for me.

Anyhow, sorry to give you this long story, but I just wanted to tell you to not get down on yourself because you have helped me so much without even knowing it, AND I believe in you and I think you can lose those 30 pounds before summer, no problem!
Thank you!!! I really needed this today It's great to know that I am helping someone. Sometimes I think I'm too hard on myself (you should hear how I berate myself in my head ) and sometimes I am too easy on myself. I am proud that I won't allow myself to get over that 200 mark - that's a huge deal for me. But, I'm also PO'd that I can't seem to get it together and get down to where I was before!!! It shouldn't be this hard, right? I've seen other people decide they are going to lose weight - follow a plan - and BE DONE. Not me!!! I drag it out for YEARS I do have a sense of humor about this - I'm really not mad, just frustrated. I need to understand that it's not the plan that matters, it's that I follow it. I can't keep blaming this plan or that plan for not working. I'm not working the plan correctly. JUDDD is fantastic, but I can't seem to stay within UD calories, it turns into a binge. My DDs are usually okay but then I can't sleep good. I was thinking back to when I actually lost weight (before hcg) and I used Slim-Fast. I followed the plan to a "T" and guess what?? I LOST WEIGHT We all need to KEEP IT SIMPLE....

I'm glad you stopped by today - you've helped me more than you know
Old 02-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #995

Now I need to figure out WHAT is holding me back from losing this weight.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #996
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Gracie.

Fatfatnomore - that was an excellent post.

Gracie - Good for you. Are you going to try slimfast? How'd you feel on that plan? I think sometimes we need to just pick the plan that makes us both successful and feel good. It's not a good cycle to go from not being able to get good sleep to wanting to binge. Time for a change.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #997

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Gracie.

Fatfatnomore - that was an excellent post.

Gracie - Good for you. Are you going to try slimfast? How'd you feel on that plan? I think sometimes we need to just pick the plan that makes us both successful and feel good. It's not a good cycle to go from not being able to get good sleep to wanting to binge. Time for a change.
Thanks Amber I always did well on Slim-Fast because it's very easy and I don't mind it at all. You can have shakes or bars plus snacks and a normal (healthy) dinner. It's probably around 1200-1300 calories per day. The shakes are good and they seem to satisfy the sweet tooth. I'm not sure what I'm doing, just winging it right now until TOM leaves. I'm still thinking about hhcg and a rogue type round. I will weigh tomorrow and see what's going on.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #998
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
I hear ya Gracie, I am the only one standing in my way too. I don't think I'm ready for an hcg round yet, I think I'm going to hang out on LC for a couple more weeks. I might load on the 20th&21st or I might wait until Easter (March 31st).
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #999
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 200's/1st. Goal Wt: 199 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb My Way!
Start Date: Monday! :)
Gracie I am all for doing for what works in getting the weight off in a healthy way. There is no one size fits all, maybe for some one size fits for awhile and then change needs to happen. Exercise sounds like a good option for you and I know whatever you decide and are ready to committ to will take the weight off. Good success to you on whatever you do.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #1000

Good luck Gracie!!... We are all in this same boat of searching for what works for us as individuals... so support is all around!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:09 AM   #1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potaty View Post
I hear ya Gracie, I am the only one standing in my way too. I don't think I'm ready for an hcg round yet, I think I'm going to hang out on LC for a couple more weeks. I might load on the 20th&21st or I might wait until Easter (March 31st).
I just keep thinking that if I start I can get into the 180's pretty quickly. It's just such a mental challenge to start P2 again. I would really rather get the RX injections but I can't find a doctor/naturopath here who prescribes.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Gracie I am all for doing for what works in getting the weight off in a healthy way. There is no one size fits all, maybe for some one size fits for awhile and then change needs to happen. Exercise sounds like a good option for you and I know whatever you decide and are ready to committ to will take the weight off. Good success to you on whatever you do.
You're definitely right, we need to find what works for us individually. I'm sure all of the weight loss programs work if we follow them as written. My problem is I'm always tweaking things and screwing it up!!! I was never good at following rules.....
Old 02-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #1003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Good luck Gracie!!... We are all in this same boat of searching for what works for us as individuals... so support is all around!
Thanks Deb!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:18 AM   #1004

Good morning and happy Friday I got a call yesterday from DS at basketball practice that he hurt his ankle. I took him to MedExpress and he has a sprain. They gave him an aircast and crutches and told him to rest it. Unfortunately he has his biggest game of the season on Monday night!!! His team is undefeated right now and their biggest rival is on Monday. We played them once already and they were beating us by like 14 points at halftime and we came back to win it. They are out for revenge this time and want to tie up the section because I think we are their only loss. The doctor said if it feels better he can play on Monday but we have to wrap it really tight. He's a starter so he really needs to play!!!

I weighed this morning and I'm at 197, so not as bad as I thought. But I'm still really just spinning my wheels here and not making progress. I followed slimfast yesterday mostly because it has structure and I know when I go off plan. Kind of like with hcg - it's written and you follow it. With JUDDD I have too much flexibility. I think that's why I never could succeed with low-carb because I had too many choices. I would low-carb but too many calories. I'm going to stick with my slimfast for now because I'm at peace with it. Yesterday I had a shake for breakfast, lunch, an apple, and then dinner. For dinner I had a huge salad and 4 meatballs w/sauce and cheese. I was satisfied and slept good last night. I did wake up with grumbling hungry tummy but TOM is here so that's probably why. I made a nice big homemade slimfast shake with milk, ice, and powder that was yummy and chocolatey I also stocked up on fruits and veggies for the weekend

I hope everyone stays out of the path of the big storm coming! We are supposed to get freezing rain here today very soon. I hate driving in those conditions!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #1005
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry to hear about your son, I hope he can play safely on Monday!

So are you doing straight Slim Fast or are you just using Slim Fast on your DDs? I really like the chocolate premier shakes at my Sam's Club. They are what the people who had weight loss surgery drink because they are LC, higher protein than most. It's also what Robin of WLA allows on her plan to sub for a protein.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #1006

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your son, I hope he can play safely on Monday!

So are you doing straight Slim Fast or are you just using Slim Fast on your DDs? I really like the chocolate premier shakes at my Sam's Club. They are what the people who had weight loss surgery drink because they are LC, higher protein than most. It's also what Robin of WLA allows on her plan to sub for a protein.
I'm not doing UD/DD rotations right now - just following a slimfast type program and only eating when hungry. If I can get back to 193 I will reevaluate and decide what to do next. My mind is just all when it comes to what diet to pick.

I did find a clinic in PGH that does the RX HCG. I have to call and see how much $$$ it is.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #1007
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
I'm right here with you. Trying to figure out what to do. I have really struggled this week. I'm hoping once I get off the prednisone that I will be able to get back to good rotations. I'm going to give it two weeks and then reevaluate.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #1008

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Hope your son gets better and will be able to play Monday.

I forgot about Slimfast. You're right, any of the plans work but we get in our own way. That's why the support here is priceless...if it was so easy, we wouldn't be here. Hope you have a great weekend!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #1009
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hopefulsweigh
Stats: 155/149/139
Start Date: JUDDD restart - January 2014
Quote:
I'm not doing UD/DD rotations right now - just following a slimfast type program and only eating when hungry. If I can get back to 193 I will reevaluate and decide what to do next. My mind is just all when it comes to what diet to pick.

I did find a clinic in PGH that does the RX HCG. I have to call and see how much $$$ it is.
I second that! I guess finding what makes you feel good inside and out is the way to go...them you will stick with it!

After months doing JUDDD I am trying to eat clean!

All the best with whatever you choose Gracie
Hopefulsweigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:02 AM   #1010

Good morning Thanks everyone for visiting my journal

Well, we had 3 very long days of basketball and my DDs team WON the CHAMPIONSHIP It was a heart attack game too - we won 21-19!!! My DH is the coach so it made it extra exciting!!!

I didn't weigh this morning because I didn't get much sleep. I weighed on Saturday morning and it was 195.8 so at least it's going down. I didn't get much water in yesterday because we were at the gym from 1-9:30 I ate concession stand food too

I'm still not sure what plan to follow I like the slim fast shakes so I'll stay with that today and see what happens.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #1011
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 2012
Yay for your DD and DH!!!

Good job for getting back on the SF regime today. Just keep doing it until you decide to do something different. It sounds like you are enjoying it.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #1012
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Morning Gracie!!

YAY for your DS's team!! WOOO HOOOO!! How exciting.

I hear ya on the plans. There are sooo many. I hope you find one you can stick to and that works for you soon.

How is Erin doing?
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:26 AM   #1013

Wow Gracie, you have a very athletic family! Congrats on the Championship!! Love love love me some basketball. Especially young players, so exciting!!

Hope you have a great day today and week ahead!!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:03 AM   #1014

Hey peeps Erin is feeling better except for her allergies now. Her nose runs like a faucet until I give her the allergy medicine. Her doctor wants us to see an allergist to figure out what she is allergic to. DS lost his game last night Two of the starters had 3 fouls each in the first period which then limits the time they can stay in the game because you don't want them to foul out. Ricky stayed in the entire game on his ankle but he seems fine. It was a crazy, rowdy game!!! Now we will have to play this team again to determine the section champion because we both only have one loss and it's to eachother Ricky was crying last night because this is his last year and they really wanted that undefeated section title

As for me, I'm trucking along. I decided to wait until Friday to weigh. I'll report my weight then. Gracie is having a sleepover on Friday night with some of her friends for her bday. I'm trying to think of something fun for them to do - they are 10 years old. I'm gonna order pizza and get movies but I wanted something else. My SIL does hair and nails so I was thinking of asking her to come do their nails. Any other ideas ladies???
Old 02-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #1015
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw that's too bad about Ricky's team but I'm glad he got to play! If he had to sit out and they lost, he would be more upset and blaming himself probably.

Gracie's party sounds fun, I bet they would love to get their nails done or maybe have a makeup lesson.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #1016

Quote:
Aw that's too bad about Ricky's team but I'm glad he got to play! If he had to sit out and they lost, he would be more upset and blaming himself probably.

Gracie's party sounds fun, I bet they would love to get their nails done or maybe have a makeup lesson.
Make-up lesson is a great idea! What girl doesn't love that????

Ricky went right to his room last night and didn't come back out He feels awful that they lost. I'm hoping they can come back and beat this team for the section title but the team is really good. They merged another school that closed so they basically have all their good bball players now too - kind of sucks!!! Ricky's team has been playing together since the 3rd grade!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #1017
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Quote:

Gracie is having a sleepover on Friday night with some of her friends for her bday. I'm trying to think of something fun for them to do - they are 10 years old. I'm gonna order pizza and get movies but I wanted something else. My SIL does hair and nails so I was thinking of asking her to come do their nails. Any other ideas ladies???
Gracie, when my daughter was around that age she had a sleepover and I got all the girls that we were there together during the party and took a pic of them with my digital camera, printed it out on transfer paper, and ironed the picture on to pillow cases. (I just bought the cheap ones that you can get at the craft store) Then I gave the girls fabric markers or colored sharpies and let them decorate their pillow cases and write messages to each other on them. They really loved it, and they had a nice memento to take home to remember the party.
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #1018

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Gracie, when my daughter was around that age she had a sleepover and I got all the girls that we were there together during the party and took a pic of them with my digital camera, printed it out on transfer paper, and ironed the picture on to pillow cases. (I just bought the cheap ones that you can get at the craft store) Then I gave the girls fabric markers or colored sharpies and let them decorate their pillow cases and write messages to each other on them. They really loved it, and they had a nice memento to take home to remember the party.
OMG what a great idea!!! Where do I get transfer paper? I have a digital camera and printer, just not sure about the paper. I could try Staples?

I can get the markers at our craft store - I love this idea!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #1019

Good morning Lots of work to get done today but I wanted to check in. Yesterday was a good eating day. I had ground turkey for lunch sauteed with onions and an apple. For dinner I had crock-pot roast Trying to stick with lower carb, whole food options.

I will weigh on Friday morning and see how I'm doing. I really need to exercise but it's still cold here and I hate walking in the cold Excuses, excuses.....
Old 02-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #1020

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Hey Gracie, congrats to DS for winning for the championship but sorry to hear they lost the game Monday. Hopefully they can win this last game for his last year. Since I don't have girls, hard to give ideas in that area LOL. My son and his friends are satisfied with playing the xbox games all night/day
shari is offline   Reply With Quote