Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #421
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lorettahd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,017
Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Hey Gracie, hope all is well with you and your family. Have a wonderful Sunday
lorettahd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2012, 06:31 AM   #422
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,232
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/188.8/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Hey Gracie, I hope you were able to rest this weekend. Have a great day!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #423
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lorettahd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,017
Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Morning Gracie
lorettahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #424
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,135
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi peeps. Sorry I didn't check in yesterday but I was uber busy with work and I haven't been feeling great. I've been having horrible acid reflux so the doctor prescribed Nexium and it seems to be doing the trick. My DS had his first scrimmage on Saturday and got hurt. It was his first carry and he had an awesome run - probably about 25 yards. He got tackled by 3 guys and one went helmet first into his knee It's a shame coaches don't teach how to tackle correctly - unless it was intentional. Anyway, his knee is definitely sprained and if it doesn't feel better in a few more days we'll take him to an orthopedic doctor for an MRI. He is basically resting it and using Ibuprofen. My eating over the weekend wasn't all that great. I quit the hhcg because of the acid reflux. I was drinking a lot of milk because that helps. Yesterday I kind of did IE and tried to keep it low-carb. I also walked for 50 minutes!!! Wooo Hoooo - yay me! It felt really good to get some exercise. The scale this morning was up a little bit - way less than I thought it would be. I'm going to keep exercising and following IE and weigh again on Friday morning. No worries, my size 12 jeans still fit
__________________
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:53 AM   #425
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lorettahd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,017
Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Morning Gracie, sorry to hear about your son and hope all is well with him today.
lorettahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:31 AM   #426
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lorettahd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,017
Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Hey Gracie question? Didn't you say that unsweetned cocoa was allowed on protocol. I thought it was you that said you were adding it to your coffee.
lorettahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:34 AM   #427
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,135
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Hey Gracie question? Didn't you say that unsweetned cocoa was allowed on protocol. I thought it was you that said you were adding it to your coffee.
Yes it's on protocol - it's considered a spice. I didn't use it in my coffee but I would make P2 Cocoa Crack. It's just water, splenda, and the cocoa powder - put on plate/container and freeze. I personally wouldn't eat it any other time except P2. While on P2 it's like a treat!
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:37 AM   #428
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,135
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Scale down this morning -1.4 lbs. I followed IE principles and ate from 2 pm - 6:15 pm. I've been reading up on intermittent fasting and it's benefits. There are quite a few different plans - Fast 5, JUDDD, Warrior..... I'm kind of incorporating a couple plans together to see what I can live with comfortably. I exercised yesterday too - 30 minutes of walking. I would've done more but it started storming! I feel so much better when I exercise and I get better sleep. I need to keep reminding myself of this!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #429
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lorettahd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,017
Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Scale down this morning -1.4 lbs. I followed IE principles and ate from 2 pm - 6:15 pm. I've been reading up on intermittent fasting and it's benefits. There are quite a few different plans - Fast 5, JUDDD, Warrior..... I'm kind of incorporating a couple plans together to see what I can live with comfortably. I exercised yesterday too - 30 minutes of walking. I would've done more but it started storming! I feel so much better when I exercise and I get better sleep. I need to keep reminding myself of this!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Way to go Gracie!
lorettahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #430
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lorettahd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,017
Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Yes it's on protocol - it's considered a spice. I didn't use it in my coffee but I would make P2 Cocoa Crack. It's just water, splenda, and the cocoa powder - put on plate/container and freeze. I personally wouldn't eat it any other time except P2. While on P2 it's like a treat!
oh okay, thanks.
lorettahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #431
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
WHATEVER WORKS!!!!! Go girl!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:51 AM   #432
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,135
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Way to go Gracie!
Thanks LoLo
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:52 AM   #433
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,135
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
WHATEVER WORKS!!!!! Go girl!!

Thanks Deb! I think I need to work more on the mental part of this than the physical part. Exercise seems to help me. Still a work in progress
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:57 AM   #434
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Thanks Deb! I think I need to work more on the mental part of this than the physical part. Exercise seems to help me. Still a work in progress
I totally agree!!! OUR MINDS are powerful things!

Exercise is the one thing I must add, and add soon, I am starting to really get tired... need a pick me up!.. I keep saying I am going to do it, I get home from work, and crash.

SO! Time to just do it! Congrats on continuing the work in progress!!

Hope your son is doing well, I went all the way to college with a football playing son... YIKES.. always something!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #435
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,135
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I totally agree!!! OUR MINDS are powerful things!

Exercise is the one thing I must add, and add soon, I am starting to really get tired... need a pick me up!.. I keep saying I am going to do it, I get home from work, and crash.

SO! Time to just do it! Congrats on continuing the work in progress!!

Hope your son is doing well, I went all the way to college with a football playing son... YIKES.. always something!

Can you walk during your lunch hour? Even a 15 minute stroll helps clear my mind. I find when I exercise I have more energy during the day but I'm exhausted and can fall asleep at night.

What position did your son play? All the way through college - STRESSFUL! My DS was QB for the majority of his playing time and now they have him at running back. He's 5'-11", just turned 13, and the fastest on the team. They said it's odd to be so tall and fast. I'm always pushing track for him - there are tons of scholarships that go unused and there's nobody trying to splatter him while running!!!
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #436
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
I could walk, but it would have to be 15 minutes, as my lunch is only 30 min. No excuses though, and it might make me feel better! Thanks for the idea.

My son was also tall at 13, but not real fast. He was the tallest kid on the team though at 6'3" age 15 at that point. They started him out at Tight End, just because he was tall. However, they then started him on a weight gain program.. ( go figure!!)

He then moved to Defensive End, where he got to be the one who tackles. HE LOVED IT! BUT, he got concussions all the time, and that worried me more than anything else.

In College he was recruited as a DE, and that was even more scary there!!.. He made it through though, and now is an architect thanks to his scholarship .....

SO! they make it, but he broke many bones, and was pretty much sore all the time. What can you do when they love it so much though?? I would also push for Track!!! I guess when they get the love of Football though, nothing much will deter them.

It MAY be harder on us as parent though!.. Good luck!!! Tall AND Fast!! he can go places!!..
__________________
Finding my way one day at a time.
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #437
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,135
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I could walk, but it would have to be 15 minutes, as my lunch is only 30 min. No excuses though, and it might make me feel better! Thanks for the idea.

My son was also tall at 13, but not real fast. He was the tallest kid on the team though at 6'3" age 15 at that point. They started him out at Tight End, just because he was tall. However, they then started him on a weight gain program.. ( go figure!!)

He then moved to Defensive End, where he got to be the one who tackles. HE LOVED IT! BUT, he got concussions all the time, and that worried me more than anything else.

In College he was recruited as a DE, and that was even more scary there!!.. He made it through though, and now is an architect thanks to his scholarship .....

SO! they make it, but he broke many bones, and was pretty much sore all the time. What can you do when they love it so much though?? I would also push for Track!!! I guess when they get the love of Football though, nothing much will deter them.

It MAY be harder on us as parent though!.. Good luck!!! Tall AND Fast!! he can go places!!..
OH, so your son was the SPLATTERER! Concussions are very scary these days and I think it has deterred many people from letting their sons play football. We have a huge decrease in players this year. My DS absolutely loves football too - he looks forward to every practice. I pray all the time for him not to get hurt. Once they get big, the hits get harder Track season is so less stressful

Now get out there and walk for 15 minutes young lady! If you would do that every day, you'd get 75 minutes of walking in on a normal work week
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #438
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
OH, so your son was the SPLATTERER! Concussions are very scary these days and I think it has deterred many people from letting their sons play football. We have a huge decrease in players this year. My DS absolutely loves football too - he looks forward to every practice. I pray all the time for him not to get hurt. Once they get big, the hits get harder Track season is so less stressful

Now get out there and walk for 15 minutes young lady! If you would do that every day, you'd get 75 minutes of walking in on a normal work week
GREAT IDEA!!! yes ma'am!...
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #439
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
ok funny story on my walk today... YEP did a big ole 15 minutes, but it was by accident..

Turns out our bathrooms are being worked on at work right now, so I HAD to walk all the way up the street to a gas station to use the darn bathroom!

Turned into a nice walk and that is how I got my exercise today.. Thanks for the push! oh and thanks to my bladder too!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #440
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,135
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
ok funny story on my walk today... YEP did a big ole 15 minutes, but it was by accident..

Turns out our bathrooms are being worked on at work right now, so I HAD to walk all the way up the street to a gas station to use the darn bathroom!

Turned into a nice walk and that is how I got my exercise today.. Thanks for the push! oh and thanks to my bladder too!
I love it! Hey, every minute counts. I did 60 minutes today
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:13 AM   #441
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,232
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/188.8/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Congrats and good job exercising!! Sorry to hear about your son..hope he is healing well. I got acid reflux once so bad during the protocol from eating oranges every day for awhile...went to the ER cause it felt more like chest pain than reflux. Since I don't eat oranges like I did then, haven't had too many problems. Hope the Nexium is working and you're feeling better.

Deb~that's too funny! I agree with Gracie, every minute counts

Last edited by shari; 08-16-2012 at 03:16 AM..
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:57 AM   #442
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Indigo-65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Magnolia State
Posts: 5,359
Gallery: Indigo-65
Stats: SW212 CW212 GW145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Everyday!
Hi Gracie, doing good lady!
Indigo-65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:00 AM   #443
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Indigo-65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Magnolia State
Posts: 5,359
Gallery: Indigo-65
Stats: SW212 CW212 GW145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Congrats and good job exercising!! Sorry to hear about your son..hope he is healing well. I got acid reflux once so bad during the protocol from eating oranges every day for awhile...went to the ER cause it felt more like chest pain than reflux. Since I don't eat oranges like I did then, haven't had too many problems. Hope the Nexium is working and you're feeling better.

Deb~that's too funny! I agree with Gracie, every minute counts
I agree about the oranges, but grapefruit does me worse. I will not eat them on P2.
Indigo-65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:11 AM   #444
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Thank you Ladies!!! They didn't fix the darn bathroom until after I left work yesterday!! UGH!!! I took another trip later in the day, and that was at least 10 more minutes of walking!..

Have a great day Gracie and our friends!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #445
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,232
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/188.8/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Hey Gracie, hope you're feeling better.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:29 AM   #446
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,135
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi peeps. I went to my PCP yesterday for a recheck. He kept me on the Nexium and then I told him I was having pain in my left breastbone/sternum. He said it was probably costochondritis but wanted to do extra testing to make sure it wasn't anything serious. So I had an EKG and a chest X-Ray. Thankfully both came back normal I had to wait about 4 hours to find out the chest xray results and I was totally paranoid and anxiety stricken! I always fear the worst. But, thankfully everything was good. I'm going to get a stress test in about 2 weeks just to be safe. So, costochondritis is some kind of inflammation/injury to the breastbone/sternum area. I have to rest it and take anti-inflammatories. Unfortunately the anti-inflammatories mess with my acid reflux It's going to be hard to not pick up DD but I have to be careful. She's 3 y.o. and weighs 42 lbs.!!! She's super tall too. She always wants me to carry her

Oh well, my weight is okay, nothing great to report. Today I'm practicing IF and a DD together. I'm keeping my DDs between my numbers of 350-750 which is still in the weigh loss mode. Going to the lake after work today - hoping to rest, rest, rest. Everyone have a great weekend!!!

ETA ~ DS's knee still bothering him so going to the doctor at lunchtime today~
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #447
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,135
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey Gracie, hope you're feeling better.

Thanks Shari!
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #448
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,232
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/188.8/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Oh wow, that's a lot going on...I'm glad the other tests came back normal. Sorry to hear about DS's injury not better. I hope you all can rest and relax this weekend at the lake.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #449
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,135
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi peeps DS's knee has a bone bruise. At first they told us it was fractured and my DH and DS spent 6 hours at Children's Hospital. Then the orthopedist said it's not fractured but the bone is bruised He is to keep it rested, iced, compression and elevated for the next few days and then we go back. Poor kid thought his season was over and he was totally devastated. Praying it heals fast I'm feeling better - still slight pain from the costochondritis but way better than last week. I plan on walking/jogging today - feel so much better when I do.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #450
Major LCF Poster!
 
Happy2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,052
Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Sorry to hear about your acid reflux, Ds's injury. Glad that you both are getting better.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:20 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.