Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 06:09 AM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Happy Thursday!!

Hard to believe the week is almost over already.

Scale is continuing down... Just a smidge more and I'll be in the "new weight" territory. Woo Hoo!!! Still have TONS more to go but at least I'm going in the right direction.

that it continues for quite a while.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #242
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Glad things are going well for you, Dawn....

Not so great here....mostly stuff with Mom is frustrating me...hard to get the help I need for her. It's sad that the people that are elderly and housebound have such a hard time getting help....

Anyways, my food is still so so....can't quite get back on plan....need to find time to prepare food and find a way to get some movement in between all this stuff with Mom. I will be no help to her if I don't take better care of myself.

I'm thinking of going to a higher fat level and dropping carbs more and staying at moderate protein....it's all I can do right now....I'm going to make some fat bombs and have things on hand that are grab and go because that's my life till I can get better help for Mom....

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:26 AM   #243

TGIF!!!

Lots and Lots of for you Ms.Linda while you navigate through this part of life. And the best thing you can do is take care of yourself so that you can handle taking care of others.

I'm a bit up on the scale today but I'm swollen from too much sodium so not exactly surprising.

Not much else going on here right now. Just getting ready for the normal crazy/busy weekends. As well as getting ready for the school year to start up again. Where the heck did the time go??
Old 08-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #244
Bike Tart

Time has flown for sure! My Aunt will be heading back to CA on Monday...can't believe how fast this month has gone!

Today I'm cleaning the fridge and then grocery shopping....discussed workout stuff with DH and we'll be getting some things in place to make it easier for me to get moving....need to bring the rebounder back upstairs and I need to get the wall anchor for the TRX straps so we can get going with that (had planned on doing it in the garage but it's been too hot all summer). I'm hoping that these changes will help me start working back to a decent fitness level again. I'm also thinking of setting up the indoor bike in the garage now that it's cooling off a bit.

Have a great weekend! We have a birthday party to go to tomorrow night and then Sunday we have a friend of DH's coming to visit for the day....
Old 08-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #245
Bike Tart

Oops, double post!
Old 08-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #246

Happy Saturday!!

Have a great weekend Linda!!

Our outdoor plans were rained out. Thankfully we had backup plans....

I'm down on the scale from yesterday but still up from 2 days ago. Ovulation is making itself known.

I didn't used to have problems during this time but I'm noticing as I'm getting older that it's now starting affect me almost as much as TOM.

Prime losing weeks are the ones in between. So, basically only 2wks a month.

Anyway, I've kind of fallen into a pattern of Up Day/Down Day again. I just naturally eat like this I guess. So, I'm going to go with it and try not to get uptight about losing "slower" than I would otherwise. At least it will be something.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #247

Happy Sunday!!

Chose not to weigh this morning and will try not to weigh after my Up Days right now. Just don't need the stress honestly.

Lots going on and only a week left to get everything done... Fun with kids, work on house, medical appointments, and setting up for the new school year.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #248
Bike Tart

My Aunt left this afternoon....staying with my other Aunt who will be taking her to the train station in the morning....the month went so fast!

Yesterday was the first day with the home health care person for Mom...it went well! Will expand to 2 days a week starting next week.

Food has been so so....need to get back on track now that the festivities are done for the summer....
Old 08-27-2012, 06:28 AM   #249

Happy Monday Ladies!!

I'm glad the visit went well and that you've enjoyed your summer. Food will probably be easier now that things are settling down for you.

I'm hoping for the same thing. I've never been a summer loser anyway because of all the eating out on the run, etc..... With all the ups and downs of the last week I am grateful that I basically maintained from Monday to Monday.

Today is a new day and a new week to try yet again. We have medical appointments for the kids and myself... all that last minute stuff before school starts up. So, although I want to lose... if I manage to maintain again I won't be too terribly upset.

Once we settle into a routine it'll be much easier. I still have high hopes to hit not only below 200lbs but also a total of 150lbs loss by Thanksgiving. I really want to hit this milestone so that there's a noticeable difference in my Thanksgiving comparison photos I've been doing the last few years. As long as every year I'm smaller I'll try not to get too upset about not being at my final goal yet.

I'm also starting back to Kettlebells this week. I want a major size difference no matter what and even if the scale doesn't budge I know that the kettlebells will firm me up nicely for a "visible difference". I'll be doing the bike on alternate days so I don't overdo the KBs.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #250
Bike Tart

Well, it's a new week with a new plan of action!

I'll be starting with yoga to get stretched and work on balance....I'm really wanting to do some kb work but will wait a couple of weeks (if I can!)...will add that in slowly...little sets of swings throughout the day rather than longer sessions to start.

Food will be prepared ahead and will be grain/sugar free.....need to work on better menu planning and prep.

Going to work on getting all the rooms of my house in order again...with all the stuff going on, only the minimum has been done....going to thoroughly do each room and hope to get it done by mid Oct. if all goes well.

Of course a lot of this will depend on how things go with Mom....
Old 08-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #251

That's pretty much what we're doing here.... All the summer chaos has spilled over into the house.

So I'll be working on each room one at a time. Fun Fun...

Did some yoga last night but not the KBs so I need to do those today.

Chose not to weigh today because I need a break from the mocking scale.

I will be very strict with my rotations and if my clothes start getting tight instead of loose then I will know I need to weigh and see what's happening.

Otherwise I'm going to focus on just being healthy, doing the rotations, getting school up and running, and working on getting the house ready for fall/winter.

I "might".... if I get curious... weigh once a week... but definitely no more than that.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #252
Bike Tart

Thought I posted here earlier....went to Mom's...she was in a really good mood but I had a screaming headache so no bath today....will try on Thursday. She's getting her hair cut tomorrow...hope she sits nice for it....my friend goes to her house to do it.

Food has been ok...could be better....no exercise but did walk around the grocery store.

I'm still not noticing any difference in how I feel taking the new meds....still sore all over and still a lot of weakness in legs...

Off to do some chores before bedtime....I really hope to get some exercise tomorrow...asked DH if he'd be interested in biking with me...we could take our bikes in the truck to the park and ride for a little bit there. I think I could do at least some of it...tomorrow is out because DH has a dentist appt. but maybe on Thursday....
Old 08-29-2012, 05:03 AM   #253

Happy Wednesday!!

Glad your Mom was having a good day. Sorry about the headache and legs still hurting though.

Doing good here.

Had a good DD yesterday and planning on enjoying my UD today.

Other than that just tons of house work, some couponing, and trying not to psych myself out over my dental appointment tomorrow.

I have to get some work done and I'm extremely "uncomfortable" with dental work. I'll probably be wringing my hands the whole time.

But I brought it on myself so I'll deal.

I made sure my rotations fell so that they would accommodate that I probably won't feel like eating much of anything after the dentist.

Now I'm off.... Gotta wake up the family... We've been gradually getting back to school time....... Today is the final 8am...then we start working on 7:30 and finally 7am by the time school starts next week.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:53 AM   #254

Good Morning!!

Kids ended up getting another 8am wake up this morning(instead of 7:30) out of self preservation for the mommy. Had a rough night's sleep and there was no way I was getting up any earlier.

Today is a DD and my dental appointment.

I'll get through it okay I'm sure but... ugh... LOL

Still not weighing and really enjoyed that UD yesterday.

Keeping it short today.. .LOTS of work to do over the next 5 days to get ready for school and possibly another dang trip for the hubby.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #255
Bike Tart

Ugh! Long day yesterday and today...worn out! Stepfather called me to go over yesterday because he wasn't feeling well....scared me because he's 87 and even though he's in good health, you just never know at his age....stayed all afternoon, went out to have dinner with DS and then headed back to stay till it was almost Mom's bedtime....came home and collapsed....

Went back this morning to check on them...Mom wouldn't let me change her (wouldn't cooperate with Stepfather, either)...had to leave so DH could get back in time to go to work...got a call a couple hours later that she finally cooperated. My Aunt, Uncle and their grandson came for some pool time this afternoon.

Going back to town in the morning, I'll hang out at Mom's while DH goes to his Mom's to put a new toilet in the upper apt. at her house (my niece and fiance live up there)...then back home to get cleaned up and going out at night to see BIL's band play.

Diet? Exercise? Not much although food isn't too bad...
Old 08-31-2012, 06:29 AM   #256

So sorry you had such a trying day. Big Big

We're okay here.... Today's an UD and I almost immediately went crazy with the food. So I need to reign that in. ugh.....

We had plans for a last hurrah at the beach but little guy woke up sick. Just a head cold but definitely not something we want to mess with when it comes to his asthma. So that's out.

We'll try to figure something else fun to do instead.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:01 AM   #257
Bike Tart

We're heading out in about an hour to meet DS2/family on the road...he is bringing Kayli and we are picking her up....we'll meet about halfway between here and St. Louis....that gives us only a 3 hour drive instead of 6 hours one way...we'll spend some time and have lunch with them before heading back home. I was out late last night to see BIL's band so I'm really tired and will probably sleep on the way...poor DH will have no one yapping at him all morning!
Old 09-01-2012, 06:44 AM   #258

Your poor hubby comment made me giggle.

Mine won't let me sleep on road trips. Every time I nod off he starts talking.... but the minute I'm awake he gets quiet again. I don't think he even realizes he does it.

Doing okay here. Paying for yesterday's UD fun. I'm continuing the UD/DD rotation till Tuesday then I'm going to do a round of the other rotation program. The main part is 3wks long and I'll have exactly 3wks till my doctor's check up at that point. I'm hoping to be at a new low by then.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:20 AM   #259

Happy Sunday!!

UD here and trying for an all Primal day..... Need to get the last bit of grains out of my eating. It's playing havoc with my RA and Fibro and making life fairly miserable.

Today is couponing and grocery shopping. Wish there were more natural food coupons but I'll do what I can with what's available.

Other than that just enjoying the last bit of free time before school starts.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #260
Bike Tart

We had a nice visit with the kids....too short, as usual! They asked if we'd come for a weekend in Oct. to help DS with building some shelves in their garage....yes! Can't wait! Will try to see if we can work it out to bring Kayli along, too, although she may have to miss a day of school. They also informed us that they will be coming here for Christmas!

I didn't get to nap at all on the trip...but Kayli slept most of the way home. Fell asleep around 8:30 last night, woke at 6 a.m. and have dozed a bit in the recliner this morning!

Feet are puffy from being in the car so much....but not as bad as sometimes so I won't complain too much.

BIL's band is playing later today...not sure if we're going or not....

Better go get some lunch started...BLT wraps for the guys and BLT salad for me!

Last edited by mamagiff; 09-02-2012 at 09:45 AM..
Old 09-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #261

Wow I thought I had posted today. Guess not...

Doing good... just did some major stocking up and getting ready for the new week.

Starting my super low cals this week (back on the 3wk rotation plan)... and as low carb/primal as I can get.

When I get to the "free week" I'll go back into regular UD/DD rotations for maintenance.

I'm mainly doing the strict 3wks to get ready for a big appointment with my GP.

Hoping to have a major loss since my last appointment.

I know that I can't do this strict program for longer than that... I seem to have a mental block at that point. But I really want a jump start again.

Although it may be different if I can do it grain free. We shall see!!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:35 AM   #262

Happy First Day of School to Us!!

Also first day of my 3wks rotation.

That's pretty much it here.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #263
Bike Tart

Not much going on here...had a long talk with DS last night....he's ready to get back to working out and eating mostly lc.....wish I could convince him that he needs to just stick with it but he's a grown man and has to live with his decisions. We worked out a few things for his breakfasts and lunches...it will actually make things easier for him to stay lc and not really anymore work for me to cook/prepare the food.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:02 AM   #264

Happy Wednesday!!

Hope he learns to stick with it Linda.

Of course I would be so much better off if I could learn to stick with it and not play around with things so much.

First day of school was fun but exhausting. I'm glad that's over and done with and we can just move on and fall into our routine.

First day back on my weekly rotation went great as well. Hope I can hang in there for the next 3wks.

Exercise will not be happening today other than maybe some walking. Did something to my back yesterday so I'm fairly miserable.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #265
Bike Tart

Yeah, I'm not a good example of sticking with it, either....we'll do the best we can, though.

Got some groceries today, have a list of things to make for the week....will try to do some cooking and get some other chores done.

Next week I go for my bloodwork again....I have no clue what to expect...hoping that the LDL and the uric acid levels are down. The dr. told me once the levels are down I'll feel better but I don't feel any better today than I did last time I saw him a month ago...

Doing a bit more research and have come across a few things to try....if they work, I'll let you know.....

I feel like I need a nap....no time for that right now...

Making soup for dinner...requested by DS...I hope to get a few other things cooked while I'm in there....

You'll be back to your routine in no time!
Old 09-06-2012, 04:44 AM   #266

Sorry you're not feeling any better sweetie!! Hope you can find something to help soon.

Doing okay here... Back still hurting but at least the scale is going in the right direction.

It's going back down a smidge faster than I expected so I may just make my personal goal for the doctor's appointment.

I will have TOM in there as well but I'm hoping choosing primal ways to please the PMS monster will help keep TOM from affecting my loss too much.

Other than that... Hubby got accepted to the Chief's Academy and leaves in 3wks. That's 3wks to get his sea bag packed with all the requirements for class, dinners, exercise, etc.... Get the winterizing on the house done and any projects that need to be done before my parents come up to stay with me. And of course during all this.... School......

Wish us luck!!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #267
Bike Tart

Congrats to your Hubby, Dawn!!! Lots to do but it will get done one thing at a time! I remember all the hectic days when kids were young and DH was gone a lot for National Guard.

Feeling ok today...still have a lot of the aches and pains but I feel like it's going to be a good day! Still doing some research on a few things that may be helpful and fit very well into a paleo/primal menu...more of a supplement type thing....will let you know what I find out...

DH brought my rebounder up from the basement so I am going to start gently on that this week. I need to get the yoga dvd out, too. I think I'm up to doing those things although I still look longingly at the kettlebells and bike! I'm thinking if I can drive my bike over to the park I can do some short rides now that it isn't so hot out!

Starting my caregivers class today...hope I learn some helpful stuff! My Aunt is taking it with me so it will be more fun for me!
Old 09-07-2012, 04:57 AM   #268

TGIF!!!

Sooooo ready for the weekend because it means a break from lessons... but NOT ready because we start on the To Do list that's a million miles long.

Hope the class went well and that you learned a few helpful things.

I'm having an up bounce on the scale.

I know it's because TOM is around the corner but it's still frustrating all the same.

Trying to keep cals super low today. Drink lots of water. And take it one To Do at a time today.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #269
Bike Tart

The class went well...I think it will be helpful and even if I don't learn a lot, it gives me time with my Aunt and I always enjoy that!

I am debating on getting on the scale...not sure when I want to do it....I've stayed off because of all the retention/puffiness....I'm thinking maybe I do it tomorrow....if I remember...

Other than that, not much going on....DH went to the Walk In Clinic this morning..he's had a cold for a couple of weeks and now has a small rash on his side....he's not back yet but I think he has a couple of errands to do when he's done there. He said he'll call when he is done...

Hang in there....the bounce is just fluid!
Old 09-08-2012, 04:58 AM   #270

Hope the hubby starts feeling better soon!!

Mine seems to have a flu bug or food poisoning. We're not sure which at this point. Waiting it out for now... plenty of fluids and if he's still sick Monday he'll go to the base clinic. Because he's stubborn that way.

I'm doing okay here.... Up a smidge more on the scale. That makes a half a pound total up in the last 2 days in spite of my being 100% on plan. So that tells me that TOM is setting himself up for a visit.

Ready for it to be done and over with so I can hopefully make it to the weight I want to be at my appointment.

Honestly at the rate I'm going right now I won't make it..... In fact I may even be heavier than my last appointment if this keeps up.