Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #211
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Had a fun day with my granddaughter yesterday...DH and I took her to lunch and then she went to Mom's with me and when we were done there we went shopping for her belated birthday gift (would have taken her shopping sooner but she was visiting her Dad for 3 weeks...told my son he's hogging her!)...she came to my house after shopping for dinner and we watched the Olympics for a while...good day! Food for the day...not so good!

Breakfast today was beef broth and a few nuked slices of american cheese....veggies and meat for lunch (just need to decide if I want chicken or beef)...no dinner plans yet...

Have to go to Mom's after lunch and maybe stop at the store on the way home if my Aunt doesn't mind following me around!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Glad you had some good memory making time with your Granddaughter.

Had another 1200cal day yesterday. So while trying to aim for below 1000 I'm still hitting 1200 by the end of the day... BUT.... I'm also gaining. 3lbs in 3 days... again... BUT... TOM is due next week.... SOOOOOO... it could be that and I can be thankful that I'm not gaining more I guess.

TRYING to find a silver lining somewhere.

Anyway, so this 1200 week didn't get out of hand like the last one but I'm still gaining weight. grrrr..... I can only hope that I don't gain too much more by the end of the week so that I actually lose new weight next week instead of RE losing weight.

So, technically another 1200 day today.... Again... I'll AIM for 900 and if I hit 1200 I'll consider it good. Just that the weight will stabilize for the rest of the week.

If it doesn't then I think maybe I need to do regular JUDDD rotations during the higher cal weeks... Or.... just go back to JUDDD every week instead of all this tweaking.... we'll see what happens I guess......
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #213

Sorry about the ramble in my last post... I tried to edit but was 2 minutes too late.... Blame the making rant on being tired and stressed.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #214

TGIF!!!

Another 1200cal day and another gain.

I'm choosing to believe that it's TOM trying to make an early visit.

I'm fighting the urge to have a Down day to try and get things going back in the right direction. But I swore I would give this week a chance.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #215

Happy Weekend!!

And yet another gain for me... For a total of +3.2lbs for the week. I'm also showing other signs of possibly starting TOM this weekend instead of the middle of next week. So, at this point I'm assuming that's what this is from. Because it would be CRAZY if I gained weight continuously on 1200cals a day. I mean I know my thyroid is out of whack but... that much??!!! I hope not!!!

We'll be on the run all weekend as per usual so though I would love to flush the system with plenty of lemon water and maybe do some bars with lean and green dinners.... I'm not sure how well that would go over with all the activities planned.

I'll give it the ole college try and then see where I end up.

Ultimately I would love to drop the 3.2lbs before Monday so that at least I will have maintained and that this next low week will be "new" losses instead of spending the first few days relosing.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:16 AM   #216

And yet another gain for a total of +5.6 for the week before TOM. That's about normal since I usually go up 5lbs.... but STILL.....

I'm going to do a major fluid flush today... Absolutely no carbs either... hoping to have most of the fluid gone so that at least I will have maintained for the week instead of gained...

We shall see.....

Now I'm off to finish my grocery/menu list for the week then get some shopping done. fun fun.....
Old 08-13-2012, 05:27 AM   #217

Happy Monday!!

Total gained back during the 1200cal week is drumroll please....
+6.4lbs.....

Twice now I have learned my lesson... I can NOT do 1200cal days with grains...... First week I admit I had trouble sticking to the 1200 and that was to blame for that gain.

The second week though... I don't know... TOM still isn't here... so we'll see if some falls off once it does get here. I know that all my joints are so swollen I can't stand more than a few minutes at a time. So that plays a part. And it could very well be nothing but swelling from the grains and pre-TOM.

But still..... To have huge losses one week only to gain half back the next is ridiculous.

So, I will either stick to protein sparing numbers every day(800 to 1000)

OR

eliminate grains completely on 1200 weeks

OR

just go back to Up Day/Down Day rotation. I didn't lose as fast but at least it was a steady down instead of putting my body through heck every other week.

This week I'm back to the super low rotation so I'll get all this fluid off one way or another plus hopefully some extra.

I'll decide where I go from here at the end of this week.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:03 AM   #218

Happy Tuesday!!

Well, last night was NOT pretty.

We decided to get some chocolate to have in honor of the Series Finale of The Closer.

We'll leave it at that......

A bit hung over this morning and I chose not to weigh. In fact I will not be weighing for the rest of the week while I work my cals.

This will be extra motivation to stick to things perfectly so that I'll have a good number at the end of the week.

I've also decided that once the appetite suppression kicks in I will just take advantage and keep going. No need for rotations for the moment. I'll reinstate them after I get under 200.

I really need to see that before we see family again and at this rate I won't be there any time soon.

So, I'm going for fast/safe loss right now. Then I'll go back to slow and steady.

Hope you ladies are hanging in there!! I miss both of you bunches!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #219

After last nights pig out fest I find I'm having a LOT of trouble sticking to the low cals today.

I've probably fallen around normal level cals today. Not horrible of course but still need to get back on track before the rest of the weight comes back on.

I'll try to knock cals even lower tomorrow. And I will make myself weigh simply for a reality slap to get myself back on track.......
Old 08-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #220
Bike Tart

sorry I was MIA for a while....it's been crazy here! We had to go to the Military Academy on Sat. (3.5 hours away)...hurry back for family reunion the same day, church festival Sunday, Old Lady Swim yesterday....didn't eat all the way on plan but didn't stray horribly far, either. My sister and her DD came Saturday and stayed with us till after the swim party yesterday...my Aunt has gone to stay with my other Aunt for tonight and tomorrow night so I have a quiet night here.

I got a call at 5 a.m. yesterday from Stepfather...Mom hadn't gone to bed at all and then she fell down so we had to go help her up and get her changed. Thankfully she wasn't hurt other than a bump on her arm....went there today and she would not cooperate with me so Stepfather had to get her changed after I left.

I finally got a call back about the last blood work...have an appt. for Thursday to discuss them...apparently my uric acid is higher than normal.....

So now I'm sitting here with my feet up...still haven't had dinner....guess I'll make some eggs.....
Old 08-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #221
Bike Tart

Just a quickie...need to go to town to help with Mom....just cleaning up this time although she may or may not cooperate.

Feet still puffy, thumb still hurts (sprained it helping Mom on Monday) and I just plain feel puffy....will discuss this all again at my appt. tomorrow.....

Food is going ok....could always be better but at this point I'm not sure how much I even care....I know that I need to take care of myself so I can do the other stuff that needs doing but I'm just exhausted sometimes....
Old 08-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #222

Hey you busy gal you....

High uric acid sounds like your foot problems may have been gout. My Mom has problems with that as well. Sometimes it gets so bad that she has to get a shot in her foot for the pain. Most of the time though if she starts eating cherries and other foods that help right away then the pain goes away quicker and doesn't get as bad. Hope they're able to get you some answers at your next appointment.

Doing okay here. TOM finally showed and the scale wasn't as scary as I thought it would be... Still bad... but not "horrible"......

Today I've been mostly doing shakes and bars. When TOM hits I tend to lose my appetite... thank goodness.....

I'm starting to think that the week of constant hunger before hand is to prepare for the fact that I don't eat very much during. My body trying to hang on as much as possible. If I could just ignore the hunger during that week then I would be good.

A/C guy here working again... 3rd time in 3wks. All for scheduled part installs etc... so not huge but still annoying.

Other than that just the usual.. Hanging out with the kiddos, paying bills, working on coupons, cleaning house, etc... joy joy...
Old 08-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #223
Bike Tart

Ugh! Bad morning with Mom...she's getting worse and I'm afraid if this goes on we may have to find a nursing home sooner than we want to....

Doesn't gout affect the joints? I don't know a lot about it and don't want to research till after I talk with the dr. so I don't get ideas in my head before hearing what he says. I know that most of the problems I had in my feet were soft tissue problems like plantar fasciitis and inflammation between the joints but maybe some of that was caused by the uric acid. I just don't know anymore....I'll find out tomorrow!

DH and I are going to take Kayli on Sunday to meet halfway with DS so she can stay with him till right before school starts. I asked her Mom if we could because I just need to see DS and hopefully he'll have DIL and Baby Ruth along, too....should be a good day!

Hope you're right about the hunger, etc. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just figure it all out and do what needs to be done?! Why does it have to be such a mystery?
Old 08-16-2012, 05:35 AM   #224

Morning,
So sorry about your mom sweetie. Those decisions are never easy.

As you could see on FB I've decided to go back to grain free.

So for now I'm just dealing with the toxin release from that before I worry about IF, JUDDD, or anything else.

What ever plan I do it will definitely be grain free.

I knew eventually it would catch up with me and it did.

Have some paperwork, cleaning, and then dental appointments later. I'm pretty sure the dental appointment will not be going well for me.

Just hoping it won't be as bad as I'm expecting.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #225
Bike Tart

Hope your appt. went well! Yes, I saw the grain free....I'm getting back to that, too, if I can stick to it....

I officially have gout along with a prescription for it....hope I don't have to take it forever....he said that I'll probably start to feel better soon...I sure hope so!

Book Club was a great success! Good food, good talking!
Old 08-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #226

I'm so sorry hon.

I thought that's what it sounded like.

Grain free definitely helps. And as soon as your feet start to hurt start eating cherries by the bucketful.

Mom says eat celery often and drink a glass of water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar twice a day even when you're feeling better.

Mushrooms and shellfish will aggravate it. If she thinks of anything else I'll pass it on for you.

Of course I'm sure you'll do your own research too. I'm not 100% but I think red meat aggravates it too. But you'll need to double check that.

Also, and I'm sure you don't need to hear it, losing weight will help. Mom said as her weight went down the attacks became easier to control. Mainly because it's a type of arthritis and therefore the less weight on the joints the less pain.

As for me:
Scale is starting to slowly go back down. I'm still in the middle of TOM so this is very good. Especially if it continues and then I have the big drop after TOM is out the door.

Right now I'm aiming for the lowest documented weight in my GPs office. Hoping I can be there within the next couple weeks.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 08-17-2012 at 07:02 AM..
Old 08-17-2012, 07:04 AM   #227

PS> Mom confirmed the red meat. Too much of it will cause problems. You should try to limit it to 2x's a week and none at all during a flare up. Also alcohol will cause a flare. Not sure if you drink.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #228
Bike Tart

Thanks for all the info, Dawn.....I've never really pinpointed a flare up and I guess I never suspected it because I haven't actually had much pain in my joints...mostly muscle pain....much as I prefer red meat, I usually only have it once or twice a week and same with alcohol...only now and then....not a fish or mushroom eater at all so no problem there...don't like celery and I do the acv thing but not on a regular basis...will get back to that....I had read about the cherries so I'll see what I can do about that...is there a particular kind she recommends? The dr. just said take the meds.....he also said that they really don't push diet so much anymore but I was thinking it's important so will do a bit of research to see what I can find out.

Glad the scale is going in the right direction for you!

I'm working again on a meal plan for me that will help lower the cholesterol as well as fit into what I need to do to lose weight...most of the family festivities are coming to an end and I will be able to concentrate on me again.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #229

Swelling and overall pain in her feet is one of her main symptoms.

She always has joint pain so she can't pinpoint whether or not any of it is from the gout.

And Mom said Dark Cherries.... She said they recommend bing cherries but those are hard for her to find so she just get the dark cherries.

As for celery you can do Celery Seed Extract Capsules for that.

As for the meds they aren't good for you over the long haul so it's best to use them to get rid of a flare and then try to manage on your own.

And of course plenty plenty plenty of water. Mom's words there... LOL
Old 08-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #230
Bike Tart

Thanks, Dawn.....he did say the meds are temporary to get the levels in range. Drinking my ACV water right now! I did see that one of the things that aggravates it is one of the other meds I'm taking...great. Also if they say no beer or grain based alcohol, why do the recommend whole grain based diet? Seems like that wouldn't work.

I have to go to the store in a little bit so I'll look for cherries...I've seen a lot of them lately. Was planning on placing an order for some other supplements so I'll look into the celery seed extract, too....worth trying.

The reason I'm puzzled is that I have very little joint pain and all the other inflammation things were diagnosed as something else (so I wonder if the diagnosis before was wrong?)....very little of the symptoms listed on the gout sites seem to fit my problems.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #231
Bike Tart

I never made it to the store...napped a bit instead....did more reading to see what I could learn....more confused....however, I can make a few changes that may help....will eliminate the Vit C and the krill oil and will add the celery seed extract (ordered today)...I'm also already taking bromelain and turmeric...will add Vit E in again as well as going back to regular fish oil for omega 3 supps. I gave up all aleve and ibuprofen, etc. a couple of weeks ago, too...it's a start.

The food part will be more challenging because there's no way that I can eat many of the foods listed and I already don't eat the stuff on the do not eat list (other than red meat mow and then). I may start doing protein shakes for breakfast again....

I guess that's all I can do for now. I have to be able to do things that will also lower cholesterol so this is going to be a new adventure for me...LOL!
Old 08-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #232
Lounge Chef & Typo Queen!!

Gallery: SnowWhite
Stats: 450/ Ugh/185
Start Date: 5/26/03 * WLS 1/15/04
Hey ladies! I've missed ya'll! I've needed to get back on some kind of plan for a LONG time now!

Ya'll always kept me motivated! I miss that!
SnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #233

Morning Ladies!!

Hope you can find what works for you Ms.Linda and that the meds help quickly.

Hey, Mel, hope you have a plan in mind and we'll be here for accountability if you need it and definitely for support.

Struggling here... I'm went awol a bit from any and all plans. Just dealing with stuff around here. Back on track today with low cals again. I just really need to get things going "quickly" in the right direction.

So, back to calorie rotations and working with the food I have on hand. Will remain as grain free as possible.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #234
Bike Tart

Hi Mel! Good to see you!

We are heading back home after bringing Kayli to DS...we met halfway and had a great visit/lunch before heading home. I'm really tired.

Went a block party yesterday....ate mostly meat...on plan all day so far!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:40 AM   #235

Morning Linda, Beth, and Mel!!

Sounds like you've had a good couple days Linda.

I'm working on things here. Will be doing some re-losing now that TOM is almost out the door. Had another one of "those" months.

Oh well... Onward and Downward.

Fighting a migraine today because of the storms which means I won't be able to eat much anyway. Hate the migraine but glad that it will keep my appetite in check as I try to get back on track today.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #236
Bike Tart

My all on plan yesterday came to an abrupt halt last night...pizza for dinner because we were too tired to make a meal and we had my Aunt and her friend here....it was just easier!

It's been a challenging day...had a meeting about the next steps to take for Mom....the woman we met with was very helpful and it's nice to know that we can wait for a while longer before putting her in a nursing home. We have more options. Will start working on that tomorrow...

We are lounging tonight...it was a very mentally stressful day and we're going to watch funny movies and I'm making bacon wrapped smokies for dinner and I think make some baked tomatoes with parmesan....
Old 08-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #237
Bike Tart

Went to Mom's this morning....she was very cheerful! Going on Thursday and bringing some girl lunch food (open faced sandwiches, etc.)...

Not much else going on....Christy is coming for massages for us today...all my Aunts want a massage, too!
Old 08-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #238

Glad you had a good day Linda.

Doing okay here. TOM is finally out the door and the first big drop on the scale happened. Now to work on the rest.

I'm not 100% grain free yet but I'm probably around 90%. And I've been counting my cals again. So, we'll see how that goes.

It's just really hard trying to balance my family's budget and the price of meat/fruit/veggies lately. We're eating in season, on sale, etc... But still using fillers where needed.

We've also been working on our freezer stores going through meat that is getting towards it's end of storage. But that means that I'll need to start stocking up soon. I really really hope we start having some awesome meat deals.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #239
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Other than a couple of phone calls, I am not doing much of anything today. I'm worn out from all the Mom stuff and everything else. Still researching the uric acid stuff and seeing how I can apply it all to a plan that works for me....

Had a nice foot massage yesterday!

DH has the hot tub mostly usable....there are still a few small leaks that need repairing but until he can get new parts, we can use it and just refill a bit when we need to. My Aunt and I will be going in tonight.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #240

I wish we had a hot tub... pout pout...

Still continuing down on the scale here.

Dealing with some migraine issues though so the happy dance was short lived.

Keeping on, Keeping on.......