Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #181
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Hope you're feeling better by now, Dawn...

I'm being lazy today....not doing much of anything...I do need to cook a few things but other than that I'm just recovering from all the adventures of the past week and recharging for the coming adventures...sigh....
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Seem to be a smidge better today.

Scale is also starting to come back down as well.

Not all the way down to the low but getting there.

Had eye appointments today and we seem to be all doing okay in that department. Just need to get some glasses for DD for long distance(like movies) only.

That's pretty much it here... Just cruising along.... still resting and trying to get better. Need to be back to 100% before hubby leaves again.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #183
Bike Tart

I felt lousy all day....over stressed, rundown and over carbed...

Spent time at Mom's today, got a few groceries...going to make some bone broth to see if that will help get me back on track. I've got meat and a few veggies...for now I'm going to keep it really simple.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:07 AM   #184

We can now add a possible infection to the fun of this week.

What was supposed to be a combo of vacation and work while the hubby was off just did NOT happen. And now we have to start getting ready for him to leave yet again.

All I know is...I hope to be feeling better soon. I'm beyond tired of being sick at this point.

At the rate I'm going I will end the second week of rotation the same weight. So I guess it's not horrible but not great either. I'm actually looking forward to the restriction of next week. With hubby gone it will also be fairly easy. Just have to worry about the kiddos meals and that's it. I love it when it's simple like that.

So, I'm hoping by the end of next week to be breaking into the next set of 10's....
Old 07-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #185
Bike Tart

Hope you get over all the ickies soon, Dawn!

Went for bloodwork this morning....got a few groceries on the way home. DH had to go to work early today so I made myself a little ribeye for lunch....he's not a steak person so I usually have one when I'm eating alone.

I've got a crock pot of bone broth simmering and plan to have that a few times a day to help get me back on track.

Tonight is book club...no clue what will be served but will do the best I can...
Old 07-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #186

Thanks Sweetie!! Hope the bloodwork comes out better than you're expecting.

Well, what I've learned about the 2nd week of The Rotation.... I can't do 1200cals. I can do well below it easily. I can do 1500cals easily. But for some reason sticking specifically to 1200 just does not work for me.

Monday I'm back to the 600/900 of Week 3 and then I'm supposed to do a maintenance week.

But since I royally messed up this week I'm just going to continue right on into the next rotation without a break.

Then when it's time to hit the 1200 week again I'm going to try 1000 like I was thinking about originally when it started scaring me.

I think what happens is my appetite is suppressed below 1200 but the minute my cals hit that level then it kicks in again. I can stop myself around 1500 because I hit satiety at that point fairly easily. But I can't seem to stop at 1200 because it makes me ravenous by the end of the day.

I'm weird, I know....

Got groceries last night so I'd be prepared for this coming week but managed to forget a few things so I'll be going back out again later today.

Just waiting on the hubby to finish mowing. He had to start at 7am today to beat the 100 degree heat.

I will be soooo glad when fall gets here this year. I love fall anyway but it's going to be such a HUGE relief after all this heat. And sooooo much easier to get back outside for workouts and such.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #187
Bike Tart

At least you figured it out fast, Dawn....I'm sure you'll get it right for you!

Remind me that the bounce up on the scale is my body adapting back to low carb...ugh! I should have just waited but I was curious....no more scale till next Saturday....

Today is my Mom's birthday....I'm baking her a cake and I will have a piece with her....she will be surprised when I bring the cake even though I told her the last few times I was there...she has no short term memory and very little other memory....so DH, DS and I are going over there to have a little "party" with her and Stepfather...he'll be glad for male company and Mom will love the cake and the card....don't know how many more birthdays we'll have with her so I will eat the cake and not stress about it....

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
Old 07-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #188

Hope you have a good day with your Mom sweetie!!

I'm really looking forward to the 600/900 days this coming week. It takes all the thinking out of each day's menu when you have so few choices. Also hubby is now gone again so I don't have to fix as much food and that's nice.

This coming week will be in the 80's instead of 100 degrees. So, I'm hoping that I'll be able to get the kiddos out early in the mornings for walks. I'm hoping to get at least 45 minutes every day this coming week.

Guess that's pretty much it. We're relaxing in between normal chores today. Tomorrow starts the hard work again.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #189
Bike Tart

Thanks, Dawn! I'm sure when I get there we'll have cake and visit but then she'll need changing so I'll be doing that so Stepfather gets a break....we can't stay too long because DS and DH have to go work at DS's apt. building...they are getting a vacant apt. ready for a tenant to move in on Wed.

I hope we can do some grilling when the guys get home....I'll maybe do some pool time once I get back!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:05 AM   #190

Good Morning!!

Well, last week was a complete bust diet wise. I may not have gained all the weight back from week 1 but I came awful close.

So, starting over today as Week 1 Day 1 of the rotation and I'll know better how to approach Week 2 when it's time.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #191
Bike Tart

Well, I got a call about the bloodwork...didn't get the actual numbers (they are mailing them to me) but the nurse said that the numbers are up, as I expected. I told her that I mostly followed the diet they recommended and not only are the numbers up but I gained 13 more lbs....wth?! She said since I have my appt. on Wed. the dr. is going to discuss all this....well why call me and upset me?!

My sister texted today that her mastectomy is tomorrow....she hasn't been keeping in touch lately so it makes me sad that she waited till the day before to let me know. I actually knew already because my brother mentioned it last week when he was here...so I guess my stress level is going up again...

I do have to say we had a good visit with Mom yesterday....she loved the cake and was in a happy mood!

I have chores, etc. today to be ready for my Aunt's arrival on Wed. Also working on a menu for my book club turn....it's in just over 2 weeks! I want to try to make almost all the food low carb if I can....have some good ideas so far!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:51 AM   #192

Glad you had such a good visit with your Mom. Hope the doctors appointment isn't too painful.

Good news is I've lost 6.6lbs for the month of July.

Bad news is I lost 4 of that just in the last 24hrs because of a stupid virus.

It's been 1wk since DD and I originally got sick with what ever virus we caught. She's doing great.... me.... not so much. Hoping to be feeling better soon.

Hubby may be coming home earlier than originally planned.

I really hope so because I need to be able to just lay in bed and rest and I can't do that AND take care of the kiddos no matter how self sufficient they are.

Okay guess that's pretty much it. Today is another 600cal day and I see no problems sticking to that with how sick I am.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:03 AM   #193
Bike Tart

I'm sorry you're still sick, Dawn....I know how hard it is to be sick and no hubby home!

I have a lot to do today....getting ready for Aunt's arrival tomorrow and just general cooking, chores, etc. Going to Mom's after lunch and then stopping at Walmart on the way home...

Scale on the way back down after the bounce...no where near where I want it but as long as down is the general direction for now....
Old 07-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #194
Bike Tart

Just got a text from my niece, my sister's surgery went well and she's doing great! What a relief!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:48 PM   #195

Glad to hear that sweetie!!

Sorry I didn't comment on that earlier.

I admit I got kind of caught up in my own issues recently.

And I'm sorry she's been kind of quiet with you about things too.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:20 PM   #196
Bike Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSiren View Post
Glad to hear that sweetie!!

Sorry I didn't comment on that earlier.

I admit I got kind of caught up in my own issues recently.

And I'm sorry she's been kind of quiet with you about things too.
Thanks! No worries about commenting....I know you've had a lot going on lately... Just texted with my niece again...sister is doing great but loopy because she's drugged up....she's going home tomorrow...

I bought a couple of whole chickens today at the 5 packs of meat for $20 counter...also got a couple of packs of ground beef and some chuck eye steaks. I had cooked a chicken in the rotisserie this morning so we could have it for lunch and it was so delicious that when I saw they had whole chickens I snatched them up! Going to freeze them for later...
Old 08-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #197

Glad things seem to be going well for your sister. Hate that they are sending her home so soon after surgery but that seems to be the norm these days.

Doing good here. Scale is going back in the right direction.

Today is my last 600 day for this week. Then it's 900 a day for the rest of the week.

I don't have any testers but I think the low cals have forced me into ketosis.

Kind of interesting being there after spending so much time trying to stay just far enough out not to have the weird smells and such.

But the appetite suppression is nice.

I don't even feel the need to go up to 900. I will anyway because I don't want to cause the ole metabolism to slow any more than it already is.

That's pretty much it here. Hoping to feel up to doing more chores today. If all goes well hubby will be home either tonight or tomorrow and I want to look like I got "something" accomplished.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #198
Bike Tart

Did some texting with my sister today...she was released to go home after lunch...she's feeling really good considering...

Scale is down a bit finally....will continue with the broth and meats for now with a few veggies here and there.

Dr. appt. was not quite what I had expected....we didn't discuss cholesterol (good!) because I told him again that my legs hurt all the time....more blood work....they drew 4 tubes today and it hurt a lot! Also gave a specimen to see if I have a UTI...haven't heard back yet. BP was ok....not ideal but good enough. I told him I can't continue to follow that diet because I felt like crap....we didn't go into it much, he said continue to do what I need to do. I go back in 3 months unless there are issues with the blood work results.

Not much else going on....my Aunt is supposed to arrive tonight and will be staying with us for a couple of weeks...should be interesting!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:27 AM   #199

Glad your sister is doing well. Hope the testing comes back with some answers for you.

Down some more on the scale. Another day or two and I'll be back at my low from 2wks ago and working on some new weight. Just in time to start the "1200" week.

Anyway, today starts 4 days at 900cals.

Truth be told with all the extra veggies and fruit that we're allowed I'm pretty sure I already hit that on a regular basis so I won't worry about "hitting" the 900 consistently. Just aim for the 600 with the unlimited fruits and veggies as per the first 3 days.

If at the end of the day I fall short (highly unlikely) I'll just add in a nice snack to round things off.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #200
Bike Tart

My Aunt arrived last night and we were up late chatting! Today, she, my other Aunt and my DS are on a road trip to research some genealogy stuff and may be gone overnight....I think they'll be having a lot of fun!

Going to Mom's today and then possibly to visitation at the funeral home for an uncle that passed away...we haven't been in touch with that side of the family for several years and if I'm not too tired from caring for Mom I'll stop for a few minutes...

I have bacon in the oven, making chicken broth in the crock pot and have other meats to cook tonight.

Scale is down 2 lbs for a total of 4 lbs down since I started back...not bad considering the big bounce up on Saturday (which I'm not counting!)....

Got the bloodwork results for cholesterol....definitely not good for what I want but not as horrible as they make it seem. I think getting back on plan will improve things greatly!

I'm sure you'll do great with the food today....
Old 08-03-2012, 05:53 AM   #201

Enjoy your visit!!

Down some more on the scale and back to my "low" from the first week before I got sick.

So all "new" weight from here on out... technically... new for this particular program anyway...

Today is another 900 day.... I did awesome yesterday and hope to continue it through the end of the week.

The A/C is starting to act funny... ugh.... It's keeping us cool... for the moment... But the fan outside keeps cycling on and off every few seconds which will eventually burn the motor out. We're it'll at least last until the guy can get here to look at it on Monday.

That's pretty much it I guess... Still working on things around here.. fun fun....

Now we're off to pick up DD's new glasses.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #202
Bike Tart

enjoying my time with my Aunt....she's napping now but will be up and energetic soon...

I'm a bit under the weather today....headache and general tired/achy....scale was back up again....I think I didn't eat enough last night or this morning...got busy talking and forgot....or maybe it's from the antibiotics I'm taking for the UTI....I don't know...just going to take it easy today...

Not sure if I'll get in here over the weekend....if not, have a good one!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:17 AM   #203

Glad you're having a good time with the Aunt. Sorry about the UTI and yes the antibiotics can do that. I would avoid the scale but still eat right for the duration. I always have that issue both with the UTI and the meds to treat it.

I'm up today but it's obviously swelling from my tuna for dinner last night. Plus the heat from the a/c struggling yesterday/last night. I always swell when I get too warm.

We're still not exactly cool right now but at least comfortable. But once the house starts getting that direct sunlight and the heat of the day hits it's going to be interesting.

I have a portable A/C that we used the last time the central one was on the fritz.... I'll plug that in upstairs as a backup to help keep the upstairs cooler. It did get miserable up there yesterday. Poor kids took forever to go to sleep because they were waiting on the upstairs to be comfortable.

Other than that... it's another 900cal day today. Should be fairly easy since I don't get hungry when I'm hot.... I have some protein bars that I'll nibble on during the course of the day. Maybe some yogurt and/or cottage cheese and fruit too. Just nothing that I would have to cook. And sandwiches will be the order of the day for the kiddos.

Just woke up hubby to get him moving towards the airport. He's on the West Coast so it'll be a long day for him. Poor guy... But at least he'll be home tonight.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #204

Happy Sunday!!

Hubby is home safe and sound. Woo Hoo!!

And I was rewarded with a really awesome drop on the scale this morning.

I now weigh what I did the last time I saw my in-laws at Thanksgiving.
Continuing on towards my pre-surgery weight. Hoping to be there sometime in the next couple weeks. Sooooo beyond happy that things seem to finally be working.

Today is technically the last 900cal day. I'm still on the fence over whether or not to go up to 1200 tomorrow. I may just try a couple days at 1000, a couple at 1100 and then a few at 1200. Basically if I start to gain I'll drop back down to the previous cals.

It's either that

or

stick to between 800 and 1000cals and 80 to 100carbs. That was the plan for that protein sparing fast I did the first year of this current journey.

Ugh... I don't know... I'm confused....
Old 08-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #205
Bike Tart

I've got a break for a few minutes....DH and my Aunt went to the park for a walk and DS has gone for the day...I need to do some chores and I need to go to the grocery store...my brother and family are coming for the night...we are the pit stop on their journey home...

Feeling pretty good now that the wrong carbs are out of my system....I've made chicken broth to go along with my beef broth...good stuff!

Sounds like you have a good plan, Dawn....good luck! Glad your DH made it home, too! I remember how happy I always was when DH got home from Guard...
Old 08-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #206

Glad you're feeling better.

Doing okay here. Managed to get the house to a comfortable temp and will have to wait for some parts before A/C is fixed but at least it's getting taken care of.

Woke up swollen today from the heat and some ice cream I had last night to cool off. But it was only half a pound so I'm happy about that. Hopefully it'll be gone plus some tomorrow.

Today is a 1200 day but I'm going to aim for between 800 and 1000. If I go a smidge over that then I'm still good.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #207
Bike Tart

Busy day! My brother/family arrived last night around 11 p.m. to spend the night before heading back to OH after breakfast this morning...the slept in our camper since my Aunt has the guest bedroom. It all worked out well...

Then my other 2 Aunts, Uncle, cousin and her little guy came over for part of the day for visiting and swimming....I'm so tired now but still have some work to do in the kitchen tonight. Watching the Olympics while I relax before chores.

Scale is about the same...feeling a few small side effects from the antibiotics but won't call unless it gets worse. Just feeling a bit off right now....I think part of it is lack of good sleep so I'm going to take some melatonin tonight.

Food is good for the most part...too much cheese today, though...working on a plan for getting back into exercise but won't do much more than some yoga till after next week because I don't have time to be sore!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #208

Morning,
Glad you seem to be enjoying all the company. Hope you start feeling better soon. And hope adding exercise goes well.

Doing okay here. Managing to keep the house fairly comfortable thank goodness. I'm up on the scale again but (TMI) I'm sure it's probably because of "issues". I'll be taking some calcium magnesium to help out.

I hit the 1200 limit yesterday also and I wasn't very comfortable with that level of cals. So today we'll see how today goes.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #209
Bike Tart

Just a quickie for now.....going to Mom's after lunch....it's been a lazy morning....got a text from my sister asking if she can come and stay from Sat. to Monday...it's going to be like a party here!

Didn't get on the scale today...just forgot.

Better go get lunch started so DH can eat before work!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:06 AM   #210

Morning,

Hit around 1200 again yesterday. Actually just a smidge over but I won't worry about that.

Stayed the same on the scale today. Not great but could have been worse.

So again... I won't worry about that.

My day today will be eating on the run so I'll be sticking to shakes and bars until I get home for a nice dinner. This will help keep the cals low enough for the day and keep me from falling into the trap of "Let's get Starbucks". I could easily "spend" over 1000cals just having a dessert and coffee there.

I'll be taking DD to get her hair done today in between the running around.

I'm so excited for her.