LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Every Day is a New Start
Good Morning My Dearies!!

Great Day Today!!

Down a couple more pounds and the hubby is on the way. Couldn't get much better.

Today is my UD and I'm also going to be having my belated birthday dinner.

I'll try to weigh the pros and cons between just enjoying myself or keeping the cals fairly controlled. I don't want to gain too much back.

Even though I expect a bounce after an UD I want to keep it fairly low.

5lbs more to get back to my weight at Thanksgiving.

The last time family saw me.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #152
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Good Morning! Woke really early....DH's last day of day shift...can't wait to get back to normal here!

Going to the grocery store this morning after I get my shower...nap after lunch I think!

Not much else going on....trying to figure out some good things to do for stress relief since intense exercise is out...maybe I'll get some pool time this afternoon! Found a bunch of pool exercises to do so maybe I'll try them today!
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:45 AM   #153

I would definitely use pool time as stress relief.

Morning,

I am up 2lbs from my UD's belated b'day dinner last night.

I enjoyed every bit of it.

It's definitely swelling though so I am not worried about it at all.

Today is a DD and I keep thinking more and more about doing the Rotation Diet starting on Monday. Only thing I'm not sure about is whether or not it's worth it. I'll be very very hungry for a week at a time. I would really have to lose a TON of weight for it to be worth it.

The menus are coming in handy for my DDs though. Gives me more ideas than I would normally have.

We'll see how I feel on Monday I guess. One rotation would get me to my all time low and beyond. That part is what's really tempting.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:47 AM   #154

Okay,

Yesterday's DD turned into a MD as per usual on the weekend.

Told hubby I'm not even sure why I attempt DDs on the weekends.

Today is an UD and I plan to enjoy it immensely. Then tomorrow I will begin the new Rotations.....

Week 1:
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday: 600cals
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: 900cals

Week 2:
1200cals everyday

Week 3: Repeat Week 1

Week 4: Break from dieting(possibly JUDDD style)

I'm probably asking for trouble doing this but I'd like to wear last summer's clothes before it gets too cool here to do it. And one round of this should get me there.

I'm quite prepared to crash and burn though... if by the second day I'm struggling to keep those cals low then I'll just go right back into JUDDD no problem.

But I'm I won't have to.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #155

Oh yup.....

UD is actually an Up Up and Away Day...
but it was fun.

Scared to weigh in the morning.....

But I am most definitely starting my new protocol in the morning so I kind of want to make sure I don't have too much hunger on my first day.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #156
Bike Tart

It's been a lousy couple of days, foodwise and the coming week will not get better.

I have my brother/family coming on Tuesday till Thursday then leaving the girls here through the weekend....DH's brother/family will be in town the end of the week and we're having a cookout here on Thursday...my brother/SIL will be back on Monday to get the girls and will stay overnight one more time....in between I have to go to the dr., get groceries, do the regular chores...I am going to be on overload all week, I'm sure but it will go well....

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
Old 07-16-2012, 05:27 AM   #157

Wow busy times Ms.Linda!! Maybe save the food/exercise worries for after summer calms down for you.

Scale was most definitely up this morning as expected.

Today starts my new protocol and I've already set up my menus for the next 3 days of 600 cals. That way there's no moment of "what can I eat?"

Gonna make life very interesting for the next week.

If I count today's swelling/bloat as my beginning weight for this program then in 3wks I'll be back at my pre-surgery low from 1yr ago.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #158
Bike Tart

Hope all goes well, Dawn! Sounds like you're prepared for it!

Difficult morning with Mom....she didn't recognize me at all and wouldn't cooperate with me...I hate times like this!

Yes, I'm just going to worry about food and exercise later....I'll do the best I can but that's all I can do now....
Old 07-17-2012, 05:00 AM   #159
Bike Tart

Popping in before I have to get my day started....Dr. appt. in about 2 hours, cooking, chores, etc., Mom's after lunch, then will meet my brother and family for dinner...he's supposed to meet at Mom's and we'll go from there. DS will join us when he gets out of work.

My therapist came over last night for a foot massage...definitely worth the price and I told her that I want her to come every week! I am hoping that once the craziness of visitors is over I'll be able to get my exercise started. I really want to try to get ready for when kettlebell class starts up again. Don't know when that will be but I have to try...
Old 07-17-2012, 05:02 AM   #160

Sorry about the bad morning sweetie!!

Doing good here. Down a pound but not back to my low for the month just yet. If the program is to be believed I'll be down those couple pounds plus a few extra by the end of the week.

This is where it's going to get tough. I normally would be having an UD today but I'll instead be continuing with the equivalent of another DD. I have all my food planned out and I also have extra fruits and veggies just in case.

The fact that the program considers the "safe fruits/veggies" as basically free foods comes in handy. They don't even have to count towards the 600 if I don't want them too.

Although for this rotation I'm counting them because I want to give this my absolute best effort and hit that low from last year by the end of the 3wks.

Gosh it would be so amazing if I can do that.

I hate having to count this stringently all the time but it's better than the alternative of donating my summer clothes this year because they're too small instead of too big.

Edited: We were basically posting at the same time. LOL
Have fun with your family today sweetie!!!

Last edited by DarkSiren; 07-17-2012 at 05:03 AM..
Old 07-18-2012, 04:50 AM   #161

Good Morning,

Down a couple more pounds today.

So things are going awesome so far.

I do know that today will be very very very hard though. The severe hunger kicked in last night. I practically ran to bed to keep from thinking about how hungry I was.

So with starting out that hungry today...... it is going to make for a very long day. I think I'll be taking advantage of the "free" veggies/fruits.

And I definitely can't wait till tomorrow's 900 cals. Those are soooo much easier for me to do.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:09 AM   #162
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Getting a little computer time while my brother/SIL and one of the nieces are still sleeping...the other one has gone outside to follow DH around! We had a nice evening with them...after going for burgers last night, we came back for pool time...my Aunt, Uncle and their grandson joined us. We'll be hanging out here at home today.....no idea what we'll be doing today....guess we'll just be winging it....
Old 07-19-2012, 05:14 AM   #163

Glad you're having a good visit with the family Ms.Linda!!

Doing okay here. Had another drop on the scale today so the total for the 600cal days is 4.8lbs and since the hubby's latest trip the total is close to 10lbs gone.

FINALLY making some progress....

Of course this is all relosing weight that I'd put back on this past year but that's okay... I'm dealing with it... what ever it takes.

Next phase is 900cals through the end of the week. So much more doable since I lived on 800cals when I was doing the protein sparing fast.

You wouldn't believe how happy I was knowing I would be getting those extra 300cals today. That plus the loss just made my day.

Since I've been mostly grain free to accommodate the protein and veggies the last few days it would only be natural to just continue that. Part of me wants to... to keep the loss fast... and part of me would just love to have a sandwich for lunch that doesn't involve using a veggie as "bread"....

We'll see what happens I guess.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #164
Bike Tart

Taking a quick break from picnic prep....this time the picnic is small with just some of DH's family...some are away on vacation (the fun ones!) so we'll only have about 20 people today....DH called his Mom to see what everyone is bringing because I said they could have the picnic here but I wasn't going to do all the planning, etc. So his Mom has a watermelon and some tuna salad. I had told her I'd use the bratwurst that we have in the freezer from 4th of July so the meat is covered and I am making 2 sides in the crockpots....well, now I made veggie dip/cut veggies, will make some dessert dip for Nilla wafers and a key lime bar mix....will cut up fruit, too....all this stuff is from my pantry and fridge so it's not extra expense but it's more work. Ugh! I wish she would have talked to me more about this before today!

My brother/SIL are leaving after lunch and the little girls will stay till Monday when my brother/SIL come to get them...they will spend one more night before heading out...

Food has been ok....not great but not horrible. Just doing the best I can for now...lots of pool time but mostly just lounging....
Old 07-20-2012, 05:10 AM   #165

Hope you enjoyed the time with family even though it was more work for you than you'd hoped. Have fun with the girls!!

TOM arrived a week early here putting a crimp in a LOT of plans.

BUT I lost yet another pound so it all balances out I guess.

Still on the 900 days. I have to say these are soooooo much nicer than the 600 that I could continue for a while and be happy. Since I'm eating healthy I'm getting all my nutrients in plus taking vitamins and minerals on top of that. So, I'm very very tempted to not take the week off that they have in the program. Tempted.... but I promised myself I wouldn't "tweak" until I was done with at least one full cycle according to the book.

I'm just doing so well and seeing numbers I haven't seen in a while that I want to continue at the same speed. Once I hit my low from last year I'm willing to slow down..... a little.... LOL... but I don't want to mess up either.... Sometimes I wish I were one of those people that could just cut out sodas and junk food and lose all the weight I want quickly.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #166
Bike Tart

Glad it's working for you, Dawn! Stick with it!

My Aunt, her daughter and grandson are coming today for pool time/playing/lunch today! Yay! The little nieces are a handful....they don't listen well and they are sassy...my brother uses every moment as a "learning" experience but he's terrible at discipline.

It's going to be a long weekend....they forgot to leave car seats again this year so I'm stuck home unless I can get someone to watch them if I have to leave.

I've been thinking about my food and lack of being on my plan....I'm eating close to what they want for low cholesterol and it's just making me feel like crap....I have to have bloodwork next week and I know the numbers will be not as good as they were before.

Next week I need to concentrate on me and get back to low carb/higher fat....it's where I do best!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #167

Hope you had fun today, Linda.

It's the weekend which for me is the toughest time to stick to things so I'm back to my twice a day posting to get me through.

Did really good today. Even though I only had 900cals to work with I was able to have

fruit bowl and coffee for breakfast
very small burger for lunch
skipped snack to have takeout for dinner
Had a grilled steak soft taco(from the lite menu)
and a side of Mexican rice(very tiny amount)
then for my evening snack I had a sliver of my left over b'day cheesecake that I froze so I could spread it out over time.
And topped it off with a decaf coffee

I was a little low on protein. Usually I'm better but I knew Friday means food strictly for taste for our family. The rest of the week it's all about healthy. This is the one day that we just enjoy what ever we may have been craving the rest of the time.

So I did good and met my cals almost exactly.

I kept well under my limit for carbs on fun days.

Tomorrow I'll make up for the protein shortage.

All rightie... Now I'm going to snuggle up for the night and watch some tv we need to catch up on.

Hope you have an awesome weekend if I don't "see" you before Monday.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #168
Bike Tart

We had a mostly good day...my nieces tend to not always listen to or follow the rules so they got into a little bit of trouble and had to sit on the couch for a bit with no talking, no TV and no toys/books...they get a bit sassy, too. They're watching TV right now and almost ready to head to bed...

Feet are puffy from sitting out on the deck all afternoon with my feet down....hope they get better over night...

Not sure what we're doing tomorrow but later in the day I have to go to Mom's so DH will have to babysit the girls...that should be interesting...
Old 07-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #169

Your DH babysitting the girls made me giggle.

OMG I must have gotten on and off the scale a dozen times this morning.

900 seems to be my magic number because I dropped a ton just between yesterday and today.

And it's still in the middle of TOM. I don't typically drop the swelling from that until 2 days after it leaves the building.

So tempting to just continue at these levels until I make it under 200 which now doesn't seem so far away.
But hubby wants me to continue through at least 1 cycle as the book is written and then decide what I want to do after that. I'm of a mind that I shouldn't mess with what's working right now.

Oh well... I've got today and tomorrow to think about it before I decide. What I may do is instead of going all the way up to 1200 next week.... I may just go up to 1000 and test the waters there and see how I do.

Anyway, tons of errands and work on the house to do if we're going to get any fun time soon.

Laterz!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #170
Bike Tart

Breakfast is done, the girls are dressed and playing right now although the older one is bored....she did her reading (they require her to read daily)...I'm pretty sure she wants to ask me to put the TV on but that's not happening now...they can play with their toys for a bit. DH said he'll go in the pool with them when I go to Mom's and DS said he'll probably be home to help after all.

Keep up the great work, Dawn! You'll get there! I really need to get rid of the grains again....just got lazy....I'm positive that the problems with the puffy feet is from grains....
Old 07-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #171

Hope you had a nice day with the girls Ms. Linda!!

Doing good here. Just rained out so we weren't able to put the roof on the storage room. {{sigh}}

Food is good so far today:
coconut milk/coffee
banana
turkey and some pickle slices
french toast(1 slice made with egg whites)
half cup each blueberries and strawberries
some scrambled eggbeaters egg whites
decaf coffee with protein powder(to get the days protein where it needs to be)
Kind Plus mini almond coconut bar

I've had what felt like a huge amount of food today and I still have around 180cals to play with for evening snack.

Veggies were absent today but I'll be more than making up for that tomorrow once I get to the grocery store.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #172

Happy Sunday!!

Down another pound today.

I'm scared to go up to the 1200 tomorrow. I want this rate of loss to continue. {{pout pout}}

I had a moment where I was considering just slowly over the week adding 100cals at a time to see how I do. I discussed it both with the hubby and my Mom to get other opinions and they are both thinking that I should do the cycle the way it was suggested in the book. Not what I wanted to hear but I can see their point.

I guess I'll see what happens... I'll just take it one day at a time.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #173
Bike Tart

Congrats, Dawn! I think you should stick with it even though I know how tempting it is to change a bit...

I told DH that we are going strict low carb once my brother/family leaves on Tuesday. I will have a little over a week before the next house guest comes (my Aunt will be visiting and staying with us for a couple of weeks)....she will go along with whatever we're eating without any trouble so I just need to get started again!
Old 07-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #174

Good Luck on the low carb!! I remember what it was like after I took a low carb break and just went with what ever the family/company was eating for a few weeks. It was soooooooooooo nice to get back to the program afterward.

So, I still didn't get many veggies today. I tried.... but some of what I'd had left had gone bad. I was left with mostly fruit, some celery, and carrots.

today I had:

breakfast:
coffee/coconut milk
coffee/almond milk
half a banana
half slice of bread with 1t jelly
eggbeaters egg whites

lunch:
chicken soup with celery and carrots
5 saltines

afternoon snack:
protein bar

dinner:
grilled cheese sandwich

I have a few cals left so I may have some more veggies(just got back from grocery store)
or I may have some lite popcorn

Potassium was not where I like it to be and protein was super low. Need to work on that tomorrow. It'll be easier with the 1200cals.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:28 AM   #175

Good Morning!!

Too much sodium, not enough potassium, and definitely not enough fluids. The bane of my weekends.

I woke up swollen today so I was up a pound from yesterday. But that's okay because my final weigh in for the 1st week of my Rotation was

6.4lbs

On to week 2 and 1200cals. I'm both excited and dreading this. I may have a good week anyway because TOM is getting ready to leave the building so I'm expecting a drop from that any day now. Plus I'll be flushing the weekend swelling out with lemon water and watery veggies.

The book reports that the second week is usually 2.5lbs. I would love to keep it between 3 and 4lbs. So, I will attempt to keep my carbs below 50g but I'm not going to be upset as long as they continue to be under 100-150.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #176
Bike Tart

My brother/SIL are coming soon! They are buying dinner tonight...Chinese....I'm too tired to make anything so I'm just going with it....will try not to overdo....

I had to go to Mom's to change her this morning....the girls came along and watched TV while I got Mom cleaned up....thankfully she was cooperative today so it went fast.

Tomorrow I get my house back....everyone will be gone and other than going to Mom's in the afternoon, I'm not doing anything....I'm worn out!

You're doing great, Dawn! Lemon water sounds good...I think I need some of that today...
Old 07-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #177

I love Chinese food. Would have loads of trouble turning that down.

Well, the best of intentions for the day turned into eating some not so great things... But I tell you what.... it paid me back in the end.

We had some normal foods for breakfast and lunch. Split a protein bar for snack..... so like I said... the best of intentions... Then the original plans for the day fell thru and so winging it we decided to stop at the movies.

I wasn't going to have anything there because we were planning a nice steak and potato dinner tonight. But then the popcorn jumped out of the bucket and into my mouth...

It tasted a bit off.... I just thought maybe it was because I don't have it often but then next thing I knew both DD and I were in the bathroom sick beyond belief.

We missed most of the movie and then rushed home during a lull in the sickies.

Now I couldn't even look at food right now if I wanted to. So, although I am unsure of where my calories fell... I'm not too worried... between being sick earlier and not wanting to eat anything tonight... I doubt it's going to be an issue weight wise.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:15 AM   #178

Stayed the same on the scale this morning in spite of being beyond swollen and yucky from yesterday's drama.

I'm glad for maintaining but wish I'd never had that popcorn. It's going to make today's work very uncomfortable.

So, back to whole foods, tons of water, etc.... The usual to deal with yuckies like this.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #179
Bike Tart

My brother/family will be leaving soon, I hope....love them to death but I miss my quiet mornings...there is German kiddy music on, both nieces are whining a lot. Ugh! The kids are fairly well behaved till the parents are around and then it's all drama! You'd think it's the end of the world but they all feed off each other and it's crazy hectic when they're all hear...

I had cucumbers/dip for breakfast....I'm still hungry but nothing sounds good....well, a good steak sounds good but we don't have any....LOL! I have a lot to do but can't do any of it till they go.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:11 AM   #180

Looks like we actually have a flu bug or something.

And you would think with all the sickies I would actually lose weight but because of all the crackers(sodium) and powerade(more sodium) I'm even more swollen than I was yesterday.

To the tune of 3.5lbs up from my low from the program.

Going to attempt some damage control for the rest of this week. Basically going back to the first week of rotation and starting over.

Other than that not much going on. Just trying to take it easy and still get necessary stuff done.

We've got the school board this morning but depending on how DD feels I may be sending hubby by himself to do that.