LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2014, 05:04 AM   #1531
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Every Day is a New Start
Happy Thursday!!

Skin appointment today.. yay...

Scale is up more... Really need to get a hold of the stress eating. Even hubby is starting to stress eat. Can't afford either of us to gain weight back.

That's pretty much it here.

Have hubby's job interview tomorrow. Plus it's DS's b'day so we have those festivities this weekend. It's going to be crazy.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2014, 06:35 AM   #1532
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Take a deep breath! Hope your appt. goes well!

I'm doing the happy dance today....scale is at a new low! Retention is gone and I'm thinking that maybe switching plans wasn't such a bad idea after all. I'll see how this goes...I'd like to give it a couple of months if things go well. Then I'll keep going if it continues to go well!

Our Tahoe is out of commission....DH changed the oil on it yesterday and discovered it was missing an important part. Don't know if it fell out while we were driving or if it was always missing...scares me because we had so many long drives with it. He'll call the dealer to see if it's covered for repair and if not he'll fix it himself. But that means no car for me again for a few days.

Meals aren't planned for today yet. I bought a new food thing yesterday. Sweet potato pasta....got it in the Oriental aisle. Only 4.7 carbs per serving....serving size is small but I wanted to try it. So maybe I'll make that for lunch along with some protein.

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:01 AM   #1533

I have my official diagnosis. Now to get the inflammation down and then hopefully keep it under control on my own. I don't want to end up on meds indefinitely which evidently happens to some people.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:45 AM   #1534
Bike Tart

I hope the meds work!

Not much happening here. Chores today and book club tonight. I'll be saving my main meal for tonight so I can eat at book club.

DH went to the place he saw on the way to work that sells farm eggs. He bought 2 doz. so I'm having some for breakfast! I'm also going to make some egg salad with them.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:35 AM   #1535

Happy Friday!!

Thanks Hon!!

Sent hubby off to interview.. nail biting time now.

DS is high on life because it's his b'day.

I didn't sleep last night and now I'm ready to crash....

Not eating good. Working on getting that back under control this weekend.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #1536
Bike Tart

Scale is the same today. That's ok as long as we don't bounce up....I'm getting used to this plan faster than I thought which is good!

Book Club tonight so I have no clue what dinner will be till I get there.

Working on chores a bit....this stupid PMR wears me out....I get fatigued very fast and the muscles in my back tighten up if I stand too long. I think I really need to get some muscle work going for my back. So many of the exercises I've looked into require kneeling.....I know a few that I can do so I'll have to start working on those soon.

Got one phone call made and now I have to work on filling out some papers. Too many things to work on lately!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:42 AM   #1537

Happy Monday!!

So ready for a new week and a fresh start. Sick of the junk food that made it into our lives during father's day and various birthdays. Only birthday for a while is mine mid July and I don't need anything unhealthy to have a happy day. So I think I'll be good for a while.

As you know... Hubby's interview went awesome. He'll be turning down the part time job today. However, he'll be checking to see when the deadline is to take the second job. He's really hoping that some interviews will come through for one of his dream positions.

Other than that... Retirement is tomorrow. I'll still be extra fluffy as my hubby likes to call me. But at least I won't look like a mutant with really bad skin.

It's funny how much you start noticing other's skin when yours gets awful. Of course this is after you stop staring at your feet so no one will notice your face.

Anyway, back to clean eating today. Tomorrow isn't "supposed" to be catered but we'll see if the guys bring in a cake or something. I'd like to exercise today but I'll keep it gentle. Don't want to spend the whole ceremony thinking about nothing but how sore I am.

Now to decide if I'm going to spend the time taking pictures of everything... Or be in the moment and hope that the guys take some decent pictures. It's hard to let go of things like that when you've become the family chronicler(is that even a word LOL).
Old 06-30-2014, 07:30 AM   #1538
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I saw a new low on the scale today! Yay! I hope that this will continue....I'm thinking that I will stick with this plan the rest of the summer for sure and if I continue to lose, I will stick with it forever!

I've been sleeping better and I'm wondering if part of it is that my carb level is just a little bit higher.

The Pampered Chef party was ok but the food they made/served was pizza. I would love to go to something with no pizza! I'm sure there will be a pizza party in a few weeks for nephew's birthday but they are the ones that have the outdoor pizza oven and that's better pizza! I ate 3 tiny pieces yesterday and kept it within my hour. I felt like I wasted my one hour meal because I was still hungry but there was nothing else. When I got home a few hours later I had some chicken legs.

Taking Kayli out to lunch today for her birthday! I can't believe she's 15 years old now! We'll probably be going for stir fry since that's her favorite. We're also taking MIL along since she doesn't see Kayli as much as we do.

Then it's home for the guys to split wood from the trees that we had cut down. One more tree needs to come down but BIL has a log splitter so he's coming over with it later today. The wood will be divided between us, DS and BIL....we'll all get plenty of wood!

I'm sure the retirement will go well.....I'm a picture taker, too. I say take some unless you see someone else taking a bunch. I took a few when DH retired....wish I had taken more! I'm sure you'll look fabulous tomorrow!
Old 07-01-2014, 04:10 AM   #1539

Happy Tuesday!!

Congrats on the new low!!

I haven't weighed in a couple days. I really don't want to know right now.

New meds are making me feel sick, gaining weight, hungry all the time, bloated and swollen with a moon face. Pictures are going to be awful today.

Anyway, I'm there for my hubby and that's all that counts. He and the kids will be adorable.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:02 AM   #1540
Bike Tart

Enjoy your day!!! Just think about today and nothing else! And don't worry about the pics...(easy for me to say when I would be doing the same as you!)

I'm puffy from the food we had for lunch yesterday but it was Kayli's birthday lunch and she loves to eat there. I was so happy we could spend part of the day with her!

Lots to get done today. The tree guy is here, BIL/family are coming later to split wood and get it moved off the lawn, pool needs to be vacuumed, need to get groceries so I can feed everyone, houseguests are arriving at some point today. DH is off on an errand so I have to work here at home till he gets back. Not sure what time our houseguests will arrive and don't want them to get here and just the tree guy is here!

Will be thinking of you all today as you take the first step toward a new adventure!!
Old 07-02-2014, 04:24 AM   #1541

Happy Wednesday!!

The day went nicely even though I was such a nervous wreck.

I'm dreading downloading the photos though.

I did a damage check this morning and I'm the heaviest I've been in many many years. I've stopped the antibiotics while I get this under control. Thankfully it's not for healing anything like an actual illness or I'd have to continue.

I may revisit later if my research on healing holistically doesn't pan out.

In the mean time I'm back to almost strict eating. I haven't given up my coffee just yet. I'm cutting it back to one cup today and when the little bit left is gone I won't be buying anymore.

I also am back to my yoga today even though I won't be able to do many of the moves due to stiffness. I'll do what I can. I might ride the bike later as well since it's the most gentle on the legs... not so much on the booty though. Still need to get a better seat.

Guess that's pretty much it. Now I'm off to start getting some semblance of order back into our crazy lives.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:28 PM   #1542
Bike Tart

I have to say that I loved the pics from the ceremony and you don't give yourself enough credit! You are beautiful!! You have made a lot of progress and you started out beautiful! I hope things settle into a good routine for you and that you can make progress again...

I'm having another sort of rough day. Had a great time with our houseguests but it really made me miss my BF a lot....her DD and family are the ones that stayed with us and we spent the evening talking about the good old days. Lots of laughs!

Anyways, today I went into our computer room/office and I just wanted to scream. It has become the catch all room and half of the junk is boxes of Mom's papers. So when I need to take a break from physical chores I'll sit and sort boxes once again and see what can be thrown out. Whatever can be tossed will go into a box in the garage and thrown out once all her accts. are closed and everything is settled. The keep stuff will go to my basement (it will go in the closet in Kayli's bedroom). I want to get that office turned back into a bedroom with just a small desk for the desktop computer. So tired of the clutter!

Scale was up today....not sure what's going on but I'll just keep doing what I'm supposed to do.

Guess I better get back to chores....laundry, get the guest bedroom ready for DS2 and family, get the kitchen and bathrooms cleaned....all before the weekend! I need a miracle or a cleaning fairy! LOL!
Old 07-03-2014, 04:31 AM   #1543

Happy Thursday!!

I think the reason I don't give myself much credit is out of the 100+lbs I'd lost I've managed to regain 40lbs. 20 right after the surgery and 20 more recently. Just when I seem to be making progress and getting back on track something happens or I sabotage myself. But it was nice seeing that even with the weight gain I'm still smaller than I was at his last promotion. Not by much... but it's something.

I need a cleaning fairy too. I have to say... seeing all the trouble you're going through with your mom's paperwork and knowing what a pack rat my parents are makes me a bit nervous. All I can do is catch up with my own paperwork so that there aren't as many issues when I go. And I do have a ton of my own paperwork to catch up with. Including boxes that I just threw together and moved with us a couple times rather than deal with them.

Scale is slowly coming down. I also think I'm doing some major detoxing because not only are my joints swollen and aching today but they itch like crazy... like IN the joint itself. Makes me wish I could stick a pencil or something inside my joint and scratch. Like people do when they've had a cast on for a while.

Did my yoga this morning even though it hurt like crazy. Once DH heads to his final day at work I'll try to do my meditation. Then if the kids are still asleep I'll do some light KBs. Nothing too super stressful. Need to get this weight back off and then hope that I can continue it. Even if I don't I'd love to just get back into my clothes before I have to buy yet ANOTHER seasons worth in a size I swore I would never wear again. But I guess I can be happy that I was wearing a size 24 versus the 32 that I used to wear. Just wasn't the 18 that I was in 4yrs ago....

Anyway.... moving on... getting healthy.. and going to stop stressing about the past. It's done. Nothing I can do to change it.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #1544
Bike Tart

We'll get this figured out....I bounced back up a bit....I think I'm just going to stay off the scale for a while. I'm sticking to my plan and hopefully will see results soon. I'd love to go into a smaller size but I need to lose quite a bit before that happens. So I'll be the same frumpty dumpty this summer as I've been the last few. Oh, well. Not stressing about it!

I got a bug up my butt to sort Mom's boxes once more and get rid of as much as I could. The stuff I'm keeping will go in the basement. The rest will go in the garage till I have all her stuff settled and then I'm burning almost everything. It's all been piled in our computer room and it was looking like hoarders lived in there. So last night I sat for hours going through boxes. So far I have one keep box, 2 garbage boxes and some empty boxes! Now I have to get all of her boxes that are at DS's house and sort them next week. I also got the guest bedroom ready for DS2 and family...they are coming tomorrow! Just need to clean the bathrooms and straighten my bedroom (it's a disaster!).

Tomorrow I'll be making food for our big picnic on Saturday so I have less to do on Saturday. Need to get the fridge organized again...don't know what I do in there to make it such a mess!

I really want to start exercising next week if I can. I'll just start with the exercises I got from PT and work from there. I'll try my yoga dvd and see how that goes, too.

Well, better get back to work....have a great weekend! Not sure I'll get in here till Sunday....
Old 07-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #1545
Bike Tart

I'm not going to worry about diet till Sunday. I'm just too busy....I'll do my best to make good choices but that's all I can do right now.

We're so busy trying to get things ready for tomorrow. The tree removal should have waited till next week but nothing can change that now. The log splitter my BIL worked great for the 2 trees in the front yard but not so good on the wood from the backyard. They are going to rent a bigger one on Sunday and come back. So all the wood has at least been stacked and DH is working on cleaning up the area a bit. DS1 is doing yard work tonight till it gets dark. We have a lot of yard to mow....he's doing the push mower around the edges and the trees and then will use the riding mower for the rest.

I've been cooking and preparing.....along with several breaks because my muscles tighten up and I have to sit. I have been taking Aleve off and on the last couple of days so I can get things done.

Got a call from DIL a few minutes ago....they are almost here! Less than an hour, I think! Can't wait to see Ruthie and Baby Joey....I guess the decision to call her Josie is out the window since Ruthie calls her Joey! LOL! Actually, Joey fits her quite well! She always looks like she knows a lot more than she should at her age! Can't believe she's almost 2 months old!

Hope you're having a good day!
Old 07-05-2014, 04:20 AM   #1546

Happy Holiday Weekend!!

Looks like you guys had a blast.

We were low key but we had fun. DS got to use his little grill he got for his b'day. So he grilled us some hotdogs. We had some chips and icecream after. His choice to go with his cooking.

Of course I'm swollen beyond belief this morning but it was worth it for him to be so proud of himself.

Normally our neighbors do some awesome fireworks every year when their daughter comes home from college. However, this year for some reason all was quiet. That was a little disappointing. Especially since that means we may have to start thinking about buying our own next year.

Need to get my yoga and shower done so we can run out to the healthy food store. Laterz!!
Old 07-06-2014, 04:31 PM   #1547
Bike Tart

We had such a fun weekend! Loved having DS2/family here and DS1 was here a lot, too. The picnic was a huge success....great food, not too many leftovers. My niece was here with her baby that is a month older than Baby Joey so all the women and most of the guys had a chance to hold one or the other or both! It was a Pass the Baby day! All the other kids had fun in the pool and the hot tub. We had a campfire and sparklers for the kids, too. The only part that wasn't so good was at the end of the evening we got a call that one of DH's cousins had passed away. This cousin was in his 70's and living alone....he called 911 because he wasn't feeling well and died before they arrived. DH wasn't close to him because he was quite a bit older but it's still sad. DH's Aunt doesn't know yet....she's in her 90's and in a nursing home....her other son is on his way back to town to go talk to his Mom. I really think that once she knows she won't last much longer.

I'm puffy, of course....although I didn't stay on plan yesterday I didn't go overboard on food, either. I am at the point where I just want to throw in the towel and stop struggling with this but I know I will keep trying. I'm also at the point where I'm not wanting to lose for my looks so much as for being able to move around. My legs ache, my whole body aches. I've taken a lot of Aleve the last few days.....need to get more of my other supplements for inflammation...I ran out a couple of weeks ago and I'm finding that they really do help!

Back to my crazy normal tomorrow!
Old 07-07-2014, 04:45 AM   #1548

Happy Monday!!

As the title of this journal states... It's time to get serious!!

I can't get into the who's and what's but lets just say I've run out of time. I have to get my health back now. I will do what ever it takes to do this. I'm done hurting all the time.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:12 AM   #1549
Bike Tart

Hope you can get things going in the right direction.

Still puffy....my own fault. I miss the old days of just eating and not thinking about every single bite....we didn't gain weight or puff up terribly from eating one off plan meal....we didn't even think "on" plan or "off" plan....we just made a meal with meat, veggies, salad....when we had a potato it was a small potato...I guess I'm just frustrated that I can't sit down and have a meal with my family without worrying about each bite.

Still too much stress in my life, still feeling like crap most of the time. Too much to get done, not enough time to do some of it.

I want to feel good again....tired of feeling like I can't do anything right anymore. I'm tired of my body not working right. So back to the drawing board. I don't know if I'm going to continue much longer with this plan....I'm remembering now why I had trouble with it. Maybe I will give it a few more weeks and then go back to Atkins induction and just stay there a while.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:38 AM   #1550
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Slept in the recliner all night....must have fallen asleep fairly early because I really don't remember seeing 8 p.m. I woke when I hear DH come in from work at 4:45 a.m. Tried to go to bed for a bit but I'm wide awake. Guess I'll do some reading this morning.

I have to go to town to sign some papers to finish closing out one of Mom's accounts. I think I may stop at the grocery store on the way home. Have an internet service guy coming out this afternoon to check a few things.

I am back on plan today....at least I hope so! I have a mini goal in mind....I have tickets to go to see the Lion King play in November and I really would like to at least lose enough weight that I don't have to worry about fitting in the seats. So I may have to go to Atkins induction for a while. I like CAD but having a bit of trouble with the scheduling....this was my problem the first time I did it. I'm ok as long as there is nothing going on and then things get busy and I can't stick to the schedule. Plus it's a slower loss and to be honest I am a slow loser to begin with so hopefully induction will allow a bit faster loss for me. I will wait a week or so to see how things go before making a final decision.

I did some pool walking and exercises yesterday! Felt good to be moving! I plan to do it as often as weather allows!
Old 07-08-2014, 06:43 AM   #1551

Happy Tuesday!!

I did pretty good yesterday until late evening when I got a bit of bad news health wise. I can't get into the who's, what's, why's, and when's....

Just know that this is the only place I've said anything about it. Otherwise my DH is the only one that knows. I'm supposed to go in next week to start discussing testing and options if those tests confirm what is suspected.

In the mean time I have to support my body with the healthiest food possible, gentle exercise, and spending as much time with my family as possible.

There may be a period of time where DH will have to take care of a lot of stuff because I'll be unable to. So, I have to set up all the paperwork and school stuff so that it's understandable to him. I tend to work by my own personal....makes no sense to anyone else.... system.

As soon as I know officially and have details of treatment I'll start gradually letting others know.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:39 PM   #1552
Bike Tart

Sending prayers for you....take good care of yourself. I kind of chuckled at you saying you have to set things up for DH so he understands....I have to do stuff like that with mine, too. I still don't think he gets it but I know DS1 gets it so I don't have to worry too much....I hope!

Had a good food day, pool walking and exercise, reading and some TV....I think I'm going to head to bed with my book....doubt I'll be able to read in bed....will probably fall asleep.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:46 AM   #1553

Happy Thursday!!

And Thanks!!

I'd like to say I have the food dialed in right now but I don't.

I do however have my yoga and meditation going awesome!! And I've been making sure to take time for me and taking time to have fun with the family. I'm usually the all business, drill sergeant. So, I've decided to just relax and go with it. Embrace my zen side for a while.

Now to get the food issue taken care of. It's just so hard when the kids want things like smores, icecream, etc... All the typical summer foods.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:29 AM   #1554
Bike Tart

Found out yesterday that my brother/family are coming on Tuesday....they will stay till Thursday and then brother and wife are heading to Madison which is about 2 hours away where he will be working with a choir to do their annual concert the first Friday in August. His girls will stay here with us till the following Monday when he'll return to help a bit at Mom's before returning to Madison. We're going to go to one of the choir's rehearsals the week before the concert....taking Kayli along so she can see my brother in action (he's the conductor)....we can't go to the actual concert and she said she'd rather go to a rehearsal if she can. Anyways, need to come up with some kid friendly foods although I'm sure they will eat most anything. I just want it to be fun!

Feet are still puffy...takes a short time to eat a burger with a bun and days for the puffy to go away!

I'll be grilling some burger patties today for lunch. Stepfather is coming over to have DH change the oil in his car. I'll have him stay for lunch if he wants to....he's a very picky eater but I think he'll eat burger patties.

Tonight we have to go to visitation for DH's cousin that passed away on the 4th....it will only be an hour long and I don't know if anyone has plans to do anything after that. The service tomorrow will just be a short graveside service with a luncheon after. I'm sure it won't be low carb.

Guess I better get some breakfast and get busy with chores. Lots to get done before my brother/family get here. I had messaged my Aunt to have her bring her grandson over for pool time with the girls next week but the little guy broke his leg the other night and so no pool time or running around. He can come and we'll watch movies and play some board games or something...
Old 07-11-2014, 06:06 AM   #1555
Bike Tart

Hope you have great plans for today!

Today is DH's cousin's burial....have a few errands after that and then home to clean the pool and do chores to prep for my brother's visit. I've been searching for recipes/ideas for meals while my nieces are here. I don't think my brother or SIL do fun kid food for them so I want to make a few meals that are fun. I did stuff like that with their older sisters who still say "remember when you made xxx?!" I want to do the walking tacos, maybe grilled cheese made in a waffle iron, we'll cook over a campfire....found a little pizza bites recipe that looks good. I can adapt them to work for me, too.

I am still puffy I think I'm going to do induction for a few days to see if that helps. I will do it till my brother arrives Tuesday night. Then maybe back to CAD while he's here. I'll see how things go.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:19 PM   #1556

Happy Friday!!

Sorry about DH's cousin.

and Thanks for the !!

So far today has been wonderful. I'm actually getting ready to take a nap to gear up for tonight's fun. I'm feeling so old.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:59 AM   #1557

Happy Sunday!!

Not much to report. Weight still up... body still hurts... household projects, school papers, etc... still need to be caught up with. It's never ending and really doesn't change much does it.

Other than a cupcake that the kids got me for later today... I'm going back on autoimmune with the exception of coffee and black pepper. Initially I'll need both. When I'm ready...or my body demands it... I'll give up the coffee.

Time to start supporting my body and encouraging it to be well.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:01 AM   #1558

Happy Monday!!

I'm soooo glad to be fully back on AIP today. Even the "thought" of food makes me feel ill right now. So, I'm beyond ready for this.

Yesterday I was on plan except for that b'day cupcake that the guys insisted on getting me. I'm glad I only got a small 4 pack. That way there were no left overs in the fridge to haunt me.

Weight came down a teeny tiny amount but it's better than going up.

I'll have a gain at my appointment on Wednesday but at this point it's the least of my worries.

I'm still waiting on thyroid blood work to see if it's gotten worse. I'm pretty sure based on how I feel that it has.

That will mean going back on meds but I don't even mind at this point. As long as it's not that stuff that made me so sick that I'm still trying to recover.

Gotta run and finish getting caught up with emails and such. Then back to work on the house. I think the in-laws are planning a surprise visit from some things that have been said recently.

Laterz!!
Old 07-14-2014, 08:52 AM   #1559
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Hope being back on the AIP helps!

Scale is slowly coming back down as the retention goes away. I can't believe how long it's taking....I can still see a bit of puffiness and I can feel it in my lower legs and feet as I walk. I hope today it will finally go away!

My brother and family come tomorrow and I'm not ready! Have to get the guest room done and have DH bring up the twin mattress to put in the computer room for the nieces. Then when my brother and SIL leave on Thursday I'll move the girls into the guest bedroom till my brother comes back to get them next week. My sister is also coming but earlier so we can work at Mom's house during the afternoon. So I'll have to get Kayli's room ready for her. And I'll have to get groceries tomorrow morning....the list goes on and on....can't wait till this week is over. I'm sure I'll have fun with everyone but my brother and family always bring chaos with them!

So I guess I better go do my errands so I can get back to get the house ready. Have a great day!
Old 07-15-2014, 05:53 AM   #1560

Happy Tuesday!!

Scale is coming down a smidge more. Wish it would go as fast down as it goes up.

Have a good visit with your brother!!