Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2014, 05:04 AM   #1501
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Good Luck with the testing....

I've got a cramp in my butt.....I hate when this happens because it's hard to stretch it and it takes forever to stop cramping. I have too much to do today for this to be going on.

Scale is down a bit. Hope it stays down. I had hoped it would be down a bit more before the weekend only because I usually bounce back up when traveling. I'm hoping by bringing food for lunch along the way that the bouncing will be kept to a minimum this time. I'd love to see a loss when I get home!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2014, 04:32 AM   #1502
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Every Day is a New Start
Happy Friday!!

Sorry about the cramp. Hope it's feeling better today.

I hate when I pull a muscle in my booty and it hurts all the way down the back of the leg and sometimes up onto the back. Those are no fun.

Scale is down a smidge for me today. Not as much as I would have expected but it's something. Stuck to my plan for day 1. Even though I gave myself permission to eat as much as necessary in order to get through the day on only meat, it was still really tough.

This time of year I really crave fruits and veggies so that meat just wasn't cutting it.

Today is going to be especially hard since we're starting off the Daddy's Day festivities with a movie while everyone else is at their last day of school. Perks of being homeschoolers. We can beat the crowd on opening weekend. As long as school is in session anyway.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:02 AM   #1503

Happy Weekend!!

Safe travels this weekend.

Scale is down some more and the meat fasting is going well. I am still dying for something else of course but it is what it is. I want to fast at least through Monday. Then I'll try each individual fruit/veggie 3 to 5 days at a time, to see what I react to. I know it would probably be less time consuming if I just had someone test me for allergies but they don't always show "sensitivities" so I choose to do it this way. Fun Times....

School is officially out locally so now we'll begin our morning walks and hopefully swimming too. I doubt I will meet any kind of weight loss goal any time soon but I do hope it'll help with the residual pain I have.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #1504
Bike Tart

Having a great time! Food is going good so far. My feet are still a bit puffy but I think it's from sitting with them down so much. I have a little quiet time now....DIL and baby are resting upstairs, DS, Kayli and Ruth went to the music store and DH went to gas up the car.....so I am relaxing with my feet up for a while.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #1505

Happy Father's Day!!

Glad you're having a good trip so far!!

Scale is up today but it's because I enjoyed some starchy carbs with dinner last night. And it's only a pound so I'm not terribly worried. I'm sure it'll be gone plus some extra tomorrow.

Now I'm off to get some chores done and a shower. Then we'll take hubby out for the next surprise in his special weekend.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #1506
Bike Tart

Waving hi! We got home a little while ago....relaxing for a few minutes before getting busy doing as much prep for tomorrow as I can. Looking forward to seeing my Aunts, cousins and sister for lunch. I hope the weather stays nice so we can be outside to eat!

Stayed on plan all weekend except for one small thing....I hope it didn't screw me up. Feet are a bit puffy from the drive but other than that I think all is well. Going to make up a water/ACV drink shortly to help with the fluid retention. I am not expecting to see a loss tomorrow but I just don't want a big bounce up.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #1507
Bike Tart

Just downloaded the pictures off the camera....can I just say how depressed it makes me to see the ones with me in them? I know what I look like but to see it in a picture just breaks my heart. I don't want to have those little girls growing up knowing me like this. Don't mean to be a downer but I'm just so frustrated with all of this. I used to be able to do so much and was active and felt good even though I was losing so slowly. Now I can't do anything active at all and I feel like crap 99% of the time. I have no strength, no endurance....I look awful and I feel like I'll never make any progress. I know I just need to keep working on it all and I will....it just hit me hard for a few minutes. Guess I better go do something constructive....I'll be ok after a good night's sleep.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:20 AM   #1508

Happy Monday!!

The day of new beginnings. And it sounds like both of us need them because I know exactly how you feel.

I went completely bonkers with the weekend celebration for hubby. Ate all the things I said I wouldn't. I'm now so swollen it's not funny. TOM is still here so that probably accounts for part of the eating but it's not like it tied me down and "made" me do it. I made the choice to just give in and enjoy. We have one more day of celebration with his one b'day request and that was carrot cake. How the heck am I supposed to ignore that?? ugh...

Anyway, I'm going to try.

I have no clue what my eating will be. I have 2wks to get all this poofiness down before his retirement but even then I won't look awesome. I hate this.....
Old 06-16-2014, 07:18 AM   #1509
Bike Tart

Something has to work.....just need to find what it is I want to just say forget it all and just live my life but I know I can't do that. My poor DH is stuck listening to me because I don't have anyone else to talk to in person. He's frustrated because he wants to help and there isn't anything he can do.

Feet are puffy but not as bad as last night, scale reflected that....bounce up! I just got dressed and I look horrible in my summer clothes....not that I looked any better in my winter clothes.... I need to send DH to the basement to find the bin that has my summer skirts in it because the capris look horrible right now.

I really feel that this plan is right for me because it worked for me so well before.....but maybe I'm so screwed up from the last 5 years that nothing will work anymore. It doesn't help that we have some other stuff going on that is stressful (car, finances, Mom's stuff). I don't get enough sleep here at home (I slept good at DS's house!). I can't do much exercise and that makes me feel worse.

So I guess I need to put my happy face on and fake it till I make it!
Old 06-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #1510

I tried.... I really did...

I was doing my own "fake it, till I make it" this morning but immediately my hubby starting asking what was wrong.

Kept saying absolutely nothing... kept giving hugs and wishing him but he knew... Wish he didn't know me quite so well.

I'm sure he gets tired of hearing me complain and whine but just like you... other that on here, one other friend, and hubby.... I really don't have anyone that I can talk about this with.

I have another friend that I don't talk weight stuff with that just decided one day she'd had enough of her slight pudge and started exercising and got rid of it. Gosh I wish it were that easy for the rest of us.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:39 PM   #1511
Bike Tart

Our Old Lady Lunch was a huge success! I have leftovers that I'll have to get rid of but I'm having one of the leftover appetizers for dinner....so a bit more grains for me tonight. My feet are so swollen from the heat, from sitting with them down all down and from the 2 small slices of bread. Might as well have the stuff for dinner and get it over with. Next time I'll try the topping for the bread as a dip and use veggie or gf crackers for dippers.

I'm going to go stick my feet in the pool in a little while....the water temp is 77 degrees....too cold for me to be in it but will feel good on my feet for a few minutes.

We'll get through this! I'm glad I have you to talk to because you understand....I don't know anyone that has a weight problem that they are trying to deal with. Most people I know don't care about the extra weight they have but they only have maybe 30 lbs to lose. Not the same thing!
Old 06-17-2014, 06:30 AM   #1512

Happy Tuesday!!

And I'm back in my higher set of 10's. Every time I see that weight I cringe because it would be so easy to continue. And because it's soooo hard to crawl my way back down the scale.

All I can hope for now is that I get rid of the bloat. Especially in my face.

At least I have clothes that fit for the ceremony. I'll be in jeans which I hate but it'll be dressier than just a t-shirt and jeans.

Just got back from a walk with the family. The heat was awful but they took so long getting ready to go that I had to deal or go alone. They didn't want me to go alone because we don't live in the best of neighborhoods.

I hope the heat was enough to get them moving earlier next time.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #1513
Bike Tart

Waving hi! Sorry about the scale and bloat....it will come off! I hope the family gets moving faster next time, too! Walks are much nicer when it's not so hot!

Had a dentist appt. this morning....looks like I need a bone graft on one molar. Will be getting it done in Aug. if insurance approves it. Had a nice massage after the dentist appt. I hope to relax today so I don't get all tense too soon!

I'm puffy from yesterday. Scale was up, didn't get to soak my feet in the pool but hope to get out there today. The water is still too cold to get all the way in but I can stand/sit on the stairs and at least cool off my feet.

Not sure what we're eating tonight. I have a $50 Verizon gift card to spend anywhere so I'm thinking we'll use it to buy a little grill and we'll cook out tonight! I want to try making faux potato salad using radishes instead of cauliflower.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:15 AM   #1514

Happy Wednesday!!

Sorry about the bone graft.

I have a ton of gift cards to use up at a local restaurant but keep putting it off because I'm "trying" to be "good". However, we still end up picking up take out at least once a week, bringing home junk food for people's special days, etc. So, we might as well get some use out of those cards and put them into the menu rotation. It'll save us some money.

Getting ready to go out for my walk. Once again waiting for everyone else to get their act together to go with. I've hollered that I'm leaving in 5 whether or not they are with me and I have at least one still in bed.

Scale is coming back down but still not in the lower set of 10's from before TOM. Thankfully it's pretty much out the door so I should see some relief to the swelling soon. I hope... I hope...
Old 06-18-2014, 09:13 AM   #1515
Bike Tart

My feet look like pillows with toes so no scale for me today...lots of ACV and lemon water today!

Got the little grill so we're grilling for lunch. Need to think of something to make as a side dish....probably salad.

We haven't got a call about the car or the truck yet so DH may have to take the Tahoe to work tonight which will leave me without wheels tonight...that's ok....I have stuff to do here. My friend's dd messaged me to see if she and her family can visit on July 1st (maybe overnight) so I need to get the guest room ready. I keep putting off cleaning in there....time to get it done!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:25 PM   #1516
Bike Tart

Well, we got the estimate for the car repair...double what we thought it would be....the guy said it would be a total rebuild of the transmission not just a repair. Waiting for the call about the truck...hopefully tomorrow.

Having a hard time with all this because we have some other financial decisions to make within the next few weeks that are tough no matter which way we go. I have no idea how to handle all this stuff....it's coming at the worst possible time. On top of it is all my Mom's legal stuff that I'm trying to deal with. Lots of calls to make tomorrow to get things settled as fast as I can. I don't know how much I can do without the legal personal representative papers but I'm going to do as much as I can.

I really thought my stress levels would go down when Mom passed and now it's worse than ever. I'm on the verge of a huge meltdown....talked on the phone with DH and with DS and almost fell apart on both of them. I will get over this and do what needs to be done but I sure wish I had a good outlet for this stress right now that didn't include food or drinks....I'm not a big drinker but I sure want something tonight! And I want food...I'm not usually an emotional eater but I want off plan food...I'll live and I'll get through this but I'm just mad that this is all happening at once and it's a downward spiral.....I want off this rollercoaster!
Old 06-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #1517
Bike Tart

Ok, feeling better, didn't mean to be a downer....just having a moment.

I am feeling overwhelmed with all the mess left behind since Mom passed away. I can't change things so I have to deal with them the best I can. I have not had time to just breathe without all this hanging over my head and although I'm relieved she is at peace now I'm missing her a lot. I miss what could/should have been and I'm angry that she had this awful condition that robbed her of so many things.

Most of the time I can handle it but tonight it just all came together at once and since I've got no one in real life other than DH to talk with, I just did it here. The frustration of my health/fitness and then topping it off with the car problems is making me crazy!

One good thing is that the retention is leaving a little and my feet are almost looking like feet again!
Old 06-19-2014, 06:20 AM   #1518

Happy Thursday!!

Vent away sweetie. Sometimes we just need to let it out or it will fester.

And if anyone understands frustrating situations that would be me.

Scale is the same. I'm not on any particular plan at the moment. Just eating small portions and working out. I needed to take some of the stress "off my plate" and this was the only way I could think of doing it.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:35 AM   #1519
Bike Tart

I woke up to more rain and fog this morning....need some sunshine!

Feet are still puffy, scale is the same. I decided that when we stop at the rest area on the way to DS's to have our lunch that I will walk a lap around the whole rest area to help with circulation in my legs and feet. I have to do something! More ACV drinks today....also going to try some cucumber/lemon infused water to see if that helps.

Lots to get done today...phone calls, laundry, grocery shopping, packing, cleaning....and on and on and on....

DH will have to go pick up the car today and bring it home till we can decide for sure what we want to do with it. We haven't really had a chance to talk about it yet...he called from work last night and I told him what the estimate was but he didn't have time to talk long so I have to wait till he wakes up.

Have to work on the guest bedroom and have it ready for possible overnight guests in just over a week. My BFF's daughter and family are heading this way from Kentucky (or maybe it's Tennessee) to visit her Aunt/family and then on to Mom and Dad's but wanted to stop here for a short visit and maybe overnight. The room is partially cleaned up but have to change the sheets...had clean on but DS brought my niece's baby over the other day (he babysat for a while so niece could get some stuff done)....she spit up all over the bed when he was changing her. I also have been using that room for clothes that need folding and other junk that needs sorting and putting away. Time to clean it up!

Guess I better go get some breakfast and a shower so I can get things done today. I won't have anything to drive after 3 p.m. so I can't just putz around this morning....have to be ready to go when DH is ready!
Old 06-20-2014, 06:18 AM   #1520

Happy Friday!!

I'm so sorry about all your car troubles sweetie. Hope things get worked out soon. Also hope the rest of your swelling is out the door.

Scale is slowly coming back down. Still eating fairly intuitively. No particular plan. I'm also reading up on some other plans that are supposedly healing to skin conditions. I like studying things like that when I don't feel pressured to "start it right away and be perfect".

School year is almost officially over and I'm excited. We still have work to do over the summer and have finished up before the new school year starts. However, it will be very very relaxed. I'm looking forward to it. And the kids actually like the idea of doing it this way so that they don't forget anything over summer.

They are also working on their summer bucket list so we can take advantage of their dad's time off to go out and have fun. I can't wait!!
Old 06-20-2014, 06:22 AM   #1521
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I'm not so sure I made the right choice by switching plans....scale is up instead of down. I'm trying to have some faith here but it's hard. I'll stick with it a bit longer and see what happens. My feet are still puffy but not as bad...was hoping it would all be gone before we leave but that won't be happening.

Have to pack my suitcase and pack the cooler this morning. Hope to be on the road after lunch. I don't have much else to do other than shower so it shouldn't be a problem to leave on time.

The transmission guy said that the car isn't worth fixing. DH feels the need to get a second opinion so DS got a number from a friend for DH to call. I think that we'll end up not fixing it and will have to use DS's truck till we can save up for a new one. I'd like to be able to save till next spring before we buy something. It all depends on how some other financial stuff gets worked out....which all depends on getting my Mom's affairs settled. I really thought that by the time we reached this age life would be a little easier....wrong! Oh, well....we'll get things straightened out.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:20 AM   #1522

Happy Weekend!!

Hope you're having a safe trip!!

Scale is up today. Think I had too much sodium, coffee, and diet soda yesterday and not enough water.

Lots of work to do this weekend. Normal cleaning, organizing, etc... But also shopping for DS's b'day next week. It's all homemade gift sets... One gardening kit, one cooking kit, and one investigator kit.

I'm so excited to get started on those for him.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:19 PM   #1523
Bike Tart

We're on the way home....Will tell all about it later tonight when I'm on the laptop. Too much for the tablet!
Old 06-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #1524
Bike Tart

We're home! What a weekend! DH had repaired our plug in cooler so we used it this weekend....packed food for a picnic on the way to DS's house...got the to rest area and opened the cooler and everything was hot...the cooler is a hot/cold cooler and somehow it got switched to hot so we had to toss all the food...which meant all the food that I brought for my breakfasts and lunches was gone. Sent DH to get some cottage cheese and then just ate whatever they had for lunches and dinner. We had a birthday party for Kayli (her birthday is on the 30th) so I had cake and ice cream...not much but I had some. Anyways, food wasn't horrible but not at all as good as I had planned. When we got home tonight DH said he thinks the cooler is fried and we should toss it....we've had it for almost 20 years so I guess it's time for a new one. I like the plug in cooler because then when we go visit DS we don't have to use up their fridge space we just have to plug it in.

My arms/upper back started tightening up over the weekend and I was concerned about a return of the Polymyalgia Rheumatica but then I realized I haven't taken any magnesium for several days because I misplaced the pill container (it was in my toiletry bag from last weekend's trip and I took it out and don't know where I put it!). So I'm hoping that's why my muscles ache again. I'll see if I have any extra in the pantry...didn't have time to look before we went to DS's.

So that's my adventures of the weekend.....we had a good time with the grandkids and with DS/DIL....played games in the evening after Ruthie and baby Josie went to bed. Got a lot of baby holding time, too! Ruthie and I played games on the iPad a lot....she likes a Strawberry Shortcake baking game. Now it's time to unpack and get ready for some hot tub time before heading to bed!
Old 06-23-2014, 06:04 AM   #1525

Happy Monday!!

Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Sorry about the cooler. Those things always happen at the worst times. Hope you got your hot tub time and that the pain is simply because of the magnesium.

Scale is hovering around the same right now.

Lots of mixed emotions going through me with the end of school year and end of career stuff. Ceremony is next Tuesday and the thought that keeps going through my head is "We're not ready".

Intellectually I know everything will work out eventually. Emotionally though I'm a wreck. So, I can only imagine how awful it must be for hubby. But he's trying to be all tough guy for the rest of us.

I'm just so scared. All.... The.... Time.....

I can't wait for some sort of sign that we'll be okay.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #1526
Bike Tart

It's going to be ok....I worry like you do so I know what you're feeling!

Scale was up as expected from all the puffiness. It's starting to slowly go away already so I'm not going to stress about it.

I have a bunch of calls to make this afternoon. I hate phone calls but I have to get Mom's bank accounts closed and hopefully the money from them will be distributed quickly because I want to get a couple of bills paid off. We have some unexpected financial stuff to take care of and it came at the worst possible time.

We got an estimate to take down 4 dead trees in our yard...$2500! Yikes! The guys are researching the cost of renting equipment to do it themselves....personally I'd rather pay someone that knows what they are doing! However we just don't have the money to do it soon....maybe we can get one or two taken down at the end of summer...

Anyways, still trying to work the plan. Need to get organized....need to clean out the fridge....make lists of what I have and what I need to get. I'd rather nap!
Old 06-24-2014, 05:34 AM   #1527

Happy Tuesday!!

Scale is the same even though I'm not eating on any kind of program that's good for me. I guess I can be thankful for small miracles.

I have a well woman check up in 3wks and I'd like to be 10lbs lighter than the last appointment. So, I'm hoping once I get through this week's stress that things will start clicking into place for me.

I have my skin appointment tomorrow and it's really too late to do anything about my face before hubby's ceremony. Best I can hope for is that the makeup will cover it enough to not look like a total mutant.

Other than that... same ole, same ole.....
Old 06-24-2014, 08:51 AM   #1528
Bike Tart

I'm slowly losing the retention....scale is down a bit....hopefully the retention will be gone in the next day or two.

I need to get to the grocery store today. Got a call that the truck is repaired so DH will be using it to go to work now! Although on the weekend DS needs it so I'll be without wheels on Saturday night.

Eggs for breakfast....lunch is undecided till DH gets up and tells me what he wants. Dinner will be either eggs or a salad or some sort of veggies/protein.

I got some of my calls made yesterday....still learning about things to make it easier for my kids when we are gone. Beneficiaries on anything I can put them on! One bank account of Mom's can't be closed till I have the legal papers even though I have the death certificate. The other has beneficiaries so we all have to go there together with our ID and they will close the account and give us the checks. My brother will be here in a few weeks so we'll do it while he's here. A couple more calls to make today....I hate this! I'm not a good phone person!
Old 06-25-2014, 04:07 AM   #1529

Happy Wednesday!!

And the scale is up. I knew the maintaining thing was too good to last. LOL

Oh well....

Tons to do today....

Onward.....
Old 06-25-2014, 06:09 AM   #1530
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Scale is down finally! The retention is not all gone yet but today I feel like I'm actually going to make some progress.

I got a bunch of groceries yesterday, cleaned the fridge out so I could put the new stuff away. Breakfast will be eggs. Lunch will be burger patties grilled on our new little grill along with some roasted veggies. Dinner will be something light.

Today is jiggly massage day! Looking forward to it, as usual! Have some errands to run after that including stopping to check in on Stepfather.