Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2014, 05:54 AM   #1471
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Good Morning! Heading to my sister's (2 hours away) to pick up a giant rug she has for DS1....we'll go out to lunch when we're there, I'm sure.

Scale still up....rash almost gone.

Had a nice massage yesterday....felt like a noodle when it was over! Also got a haircut and had some good hot tub time last night. Feeling a bit better this morning.

Better get some breakfast so we can get on the road....have a great day!
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2014, 06:37 AM   #1472
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Every Day is a New Start
Happy Thursday!!

Glad you're feeling a smidge better today. Hope the rash is completely gone soon.

Scale is up for me this morning but I ate more at dinner than I normally do. I was STARVING.

Hoping it'll drop, plus some, tomorrow and stay on track for what I need for hubby's ceremony.

Probably should add some toning exercises but at the same time while I'm healing I'm supposed to avoid all stress. Even hard exercises. Just keeping to gentle walking and yoga. Maybe I'll do extra yoga that uses a lot of strength.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:49 PM   #1473
Bike Tart

I recently got a set of 5 books about fibro (free for Kindle at the time I got them)....was reading that if you have fibro or other autoimmune diseases that you should only do yoga, stretching, water exercise....anything else supposedly aggravates the inflammation in your muscles. I don't know how accurate that is but my plan is to work back up to doing kettlebell work, biking and other weight type exercises. I also will start with yoga and the gentle strength building exercises I got from PT....
Old 05-30-2014, 05:16 AM   #1474

TGIF!!!

Yup, with Fibro, if you're in a flare, you have to be extra gentle but you have to move. Because if you don't everything gets worse. I usually try to keep yoga and walking no matter what. Then once my pain eases I add in harder stuff. Plus you have to learn to listen to your body and not push past your limits because that can cause a huge set back.

But I am the queen of pushing past my limits.

I'm sitting here drinking some Dandelion Root Tea. It's considered a gentle daily detox for the liver. Plus it's a bitter which makes a really nice replacement for coffee. I didn't realize how much of what I missed about coffee was the flavor until I started drinking the tea. I evidently love having more bitter flavors when I first wake up.

Scale is down for me today. All of yesterday's swelling plus another half a pound. Nothing to write home about. But hey, it's something at least.

I watched the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead just for giggles since the guy juices. I found it interesting. Although I would not go vegetarian at the end of my juicing. It's just not me. Although I can see easing back into eating whole foods if all you did was juice for 60 days. Or what ever it was.

With me I'm still doing the juicing during the day. A time when I'm not hungry anyway. Then a regular lean and green meal at dinner. This is also not technically about weight loss for me. Although that's a nice side benefit.

It's about giving my digestion/system a break for most of each day so that I can heal other issues that are going on. Today is only day 5 and other than last nights reaction I'm feeling much better. No where near back to myself yet but I see a glimmer of a light at the end of the tunnel. At least when it comes to my health.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:57 AM   #1475
Bike Tart

I'm good at pushing limits, too! LOL! I really need to find my yoga dvd and start doing that again.....first I need to get my house cleaned up so I have a decent space to do it! I've neglected chores too long!

It's a beautiful day here.....perfect for biking! My bike is not ready to use yet so no biking for me. I want to get outside after lunch to read a bit and get a little sunshine. I think that will help me feel better!

Scale was weird this morning....showed a really low number that I know is not right....wonder if the batteries are going? I'll just wait till tomorrow and see what it says.

I used to do some juicing years ago (I feel like I told you this a few pages back but am too lazy to look so if I'm repeating myself just ignore me!). I gained weight but I'm sure it was because I used too much fruit. I did use some greens and veggies but I always added pineapple and apples....I'm glad it's helping you!

I'm working on a short grocery list....need a few things so I can make some meals for DH. Seems like we rarely eat the same meals anymore but there are times when I just can't eat anymore ground beef and he'd have it for every meal if I made it. I'm hungry for some chicken thighs and he doesn't like them. Since it's just the 2 of us I don't mind cooking separate for him. The hard thing for me is learning how to cook for just 2 of us!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
Old 05-31-2014, 05:16 AM   #1476

Happy Saturday!!

Yup, it was probably too much fruit in your juicing. That's one thing I was very careful about when I started. I didn't want to develop a taste for fruit all the time because I knew I'd end up gaining weight. Plus too much sugar isn't good no matter what form it's in.

Down another pound today. I had a moment of doubt yesterday and thought about totally juicing and not having the lean and green. Then I thought... if I was going to do that I might as well do that fasting program again. The one I always have allergic reactions too. I thought, maybe, it was because of the meds I was on and now that I'm not on them anymore..... You can probably imagine the rest of the self talk there...

Eventually I realized I was being silly and I'll stick with what's working and healthier. Fresh veggie juice is infinitely better for me than all those chemicals. And getting healthier is the whole point.

Plus my happy side effect of losing weight has me on the cusp of the next set of 10's... FINALLY... So, why mess with what's working.

I'm currently averaging about half a pound a day but I'm hoping that it'll bump up to a pound a day. Even if it's only for a week. I just really want this ball to get rolling good and pick up steam for a while. Long enough to get me back into my summer clothes before summer is already over... yet...again...
Old 05-31-2014, 07:42 AM   #1477
Bike Tart

Sounds like you're doing great! I'm so happy it's working well for you!

I'm still plugging along. Hope to get some cooking ahead done today. I didn't sleep well last night so I may nap instead of cooking! I have so many things to get done around here and no motivation to do anything.

I did get to sit out and read for a bit yesterday. If I plan to do this regularly I need to get a comfy chair! I just sat on the wooden bench on the porch....will have to start looking for something that will work for me. Years ago we had a glider (loveseat) that had some nice cushions...may look into something like that.

Not sure what I'll be doing for food today....depends on what I need to get cooked today first. I've got a bunch of veggies that need to be chopped/prepped.

Guess I better get off the computer and get busy....it's a nice day again and I'd like to get some more porch/reading time!
Old 06-01-2014, 04:47 AM   #1478

Happy Sunday!!

I love sitting out on the back patio getting sunshine. I keep saying I'm going to get more comfortable furniture but I never do. Maybe at the end of summer when there's a clearance on everything.

Scale is down. Another very tiny drop though. Like .25 or something like that. I guess it's better than a gain.

I did wake up super swollen so it probably would have been better if I hadn't.

The cinnamon/sea salt burgers last night were extra salty but they were yummy and totally worth it.

Lots of house and yard work today.

So, tomorrow will go one of two ways.

I'll either be swollen from all the work and have a gain.

Or I'll work off so many calories that I'll have a dramatic loss.

Should be interesting to see.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #1479
Bike Tart

I'm going to have to try those burgers! We had leftover bratwurst patties for lunch along with some coleslaw.

We need to get a new grill (not sure if I mentioned it before). We're going to look at something a bit smaller than what we have now plus we're going to get a small charcoal grill to use when it's just the two of us. We don't do the bigger picnics like we used to so we don't need such a big grill anymore.

I'm seriously thinking that going back to the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet (minus wheat/grains) will work for me the best. It's really just a matter of shifting when I eat certain things and will allow me to eat a few higher carb veggies without guilt. I've had good success with this in the past so I just need to read through the book again and get started.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:42 AM   #1480

Happy Monday!!

Sounds like you've got a plan. Hope going back on the CAD will work for you.

Scale was the same this morning. Verrrry Interesting considering how much time was spent in the sun, etc....

Also woke up NOT swollen the first time in a while. So, that was a nice surprise.

I did more fruit in my juicing yesterday in order to give me the oomph I needed for work around here. Today I'll probably go back to my regular. We'll see what I'm in the mood for when it's time to make it.

I'm also thinking about just juicing for 3 days because I'm at a wall that I have a hard time breaking through and I'd like to just push through it instead of hovering for ever then going back up.

We'll see if I can get past my intense hunger that I have at dinner time. Last night even after two servings of ground turkey, an avocado, half a bag of frozen broccoli, and a sweet potato I was still starving. But I was also more active yesterday. Maybe it'll be easier today since it's going to be more low key.

I guess we shall see.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:12 AM   #1481
Bike Tart

Scale was down a bit....not to the last low but getting there.....once I read through the book again and get organized I'll get start with CAD. There is a guy in a small lc FB group (I think I mentioned him before) that does only fat for breakfast (bullet proof coffee), meats and cheeses for lunch and then whatever he wants for dinner with the exclusion of grains and he's losing steadily and says he feels great! I'll go by the book at first to see if I can lose that way and then maybe I'll do more like he does later on.

Started back with the oil pulling today....need to get that habit back in place! Also made some magnesium water to sip on throughout the day. Hope it works. I am going to sit down and separate all my supplements into containers for when I should take them so that I don't just do it randomly. I need to get some structure back in my life....I've really been floundering the last few years and now it's time to take care of me.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:06 AM   #1482

Happy Tuesday!!

I'm still at that stupid wall that I can't break through weight wise. I'm not immediately bouncing right back up but jeez... Come on already!!!

I admit that I couldn't do the full fast yesterday though. I was, as expected, starving by dinner. I'm going to try again today but not holding out much hope.

I have exactly 4wks till the ceremony and really really want to be able to wear one of my nice dresses instead of having to order a new one. Or at least order a new one in a smaller size.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #1483
Bike Tart

Hang in there!

I had my meeting with Mom's insurance guy and we have the ball rolling on getting that all closed out. I have forms to mail to my sibs for signatures first and I dropped a form off for Stepfather to sign.

Scale is the same here.....not sure why I'm not losing....maybe I didn't eat enough? I know I didn't eat too much. I just wish I could figure this out for both of us! I suppose it's because I'm still not sleeping well and I'm still super stressed about a few things. I can feel my muscles tensing up again....good thing I have a massage on Thursday!
Old 06-04-2014, 05:10 AM   #1484

Happy Wednesday!!

Glad you're getting the ball rolling on some things. Hopefully family will be quick to sign everything to keep it moving.

I wish I could be one of those people that can eat some cookies with her family and not pay for it horrendously.

But nope... My joints are horribly flared. My hands and feet are so swollen they feel as if they will burst. And the scaled jumped up 2.5lbs.

Now let's see if I can undo the damage with a full juicing today. I don't feel like food at the moment. But who knows how I'll feel once dinner time rolls around.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #1485
Bike Tart

Sorry you had problems with the cookies.....seems we never learn, do we? I do the same kind of stuff and my feet and legs swell like crazy. But it never stops me from doing it again. Hope the juicing helps!

Looks like almost all of my retention is finally gone. I'm trying to eat really careful today because I have blood work tomorrow. I am disappointed that I wasn't able to lose like I wanted for the dr. appt. Oh, well....maybe for the next one which will be in Sept.

We have a problem here with our storm door out to the back porch....we locked it because the back door doesn't lock right now....so now we can't get the storm door unlocked! DH asked if I remembered where the key for that door is and I have no clue! The doors are at least 9 years old and I don't remember him ever giving me a key for it. Plus he may have just put it somewhere in the garage instead of giving it to me. Now I have to spend the afternoon searching! This wouldn't be a problem if he had just fixed the back door! We've lived here 10 years and all of a sudden all kinds of little things are going wrong. The light in our bathroom (3 lights in the fixture) has only one working light, the ceiling light in our bedroom is screwed up, the storm door won't unlock, the pool needs some replacement parts.....seems neverending!

I told DH to take my rebounder back downstairs....I just don't use it yet and it's in the way if I'm not using it. I can use it downstairs when I'm ready.

I'm going to spend a good part of today going through Mom's boxes one more time and then setting aside for DH to take downstairs for me. My computer room looks like a hoarder's room right now. Also going to get the insurance forms for the beneficiaries mailed so they can sign them and we can close that out.

I have to do a quick run to the grocery store to get salad stuff (senior discount day and even though I'm not old enough for another 2 years I can get it because of my gray hair!). I want to get some bagged chopped salad stuff....I like that it's all chopped and it's a good mix of veggies. All I do is add dressing!

DS1 asked me about low carb slow cooker recipes so I have to get my book out to drop off at his house tomorrow....I also printed up a few recipes for him from Pinterest. He's doing good so far but needs some variety of easy to prepare foods.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:34 AM   #1486

Happy Thursday!!

Glad your retention is gone!! Sorry about the back door. That had me chuckle because we're dealing with something similar with our back sliding door. I know the guy gave us the key after he installed it and that's probably the last time we ever saw it. I keep hoping I'll run up on it as we clear stuff out but not yet. So every time we leave we're extra extra careful that we don't lock the front screen door by accident because it isn't a key door. So if we lock it and shut it that's it. No way to get into our house without breaking something.

Had a rough night at the ER. Had a small cyst burst but otherwise absolutely fine thankfully.

Irony of Ironies.... I already had a follow up appointment with my doc this morning at 9:30. ER doc insisted I keep it. So I guess that's where I'll be going.

Second irony... I broke through my wall. FINALLY!!! Now let's see if it sticks.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:45 AM   #1487
Bike Tart

Congrats on the loss....sorry about the cyst....hope all goes well with your appt.

I have a 9:30 a.m. dr. appt, too.....he'll probably want to do blood work so I won't eat this morning. Told DH he should drive into town to meet me for lunch if he has the time. I'll call him when I'm done with my appt. I also have a massage appt. at noon which is why I want DH to meet me....not enough time for me to go home and have lunch before the massage. Wasn't thinking clearly when I made that appt.

Scale is down to the lowest low for me today! Yay! Now if it would just keep dropping till we go visit DS next week that would be good!
Old 06-06-2014, 04:21 AM   #1488

Happy Friday!!

My appt went great. Hope yours did too.
Congrats on the new low!!

As expected mine went back up but I'm not going to stress. I'll see that break through number again. I am determined.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:24 AM   #1489
Bike Tart

Happy Friday to you, too! My appt. went pretty good. Don't have a sinus infection but do have seasonal inflammation in my sinuses so I have a nasal spray for it. That also explains my puffy, itchy eyelids....I've never had this before so I wonder what it is that about this spring is causing it? Oh, well....

Scale moving down a bit more. Hope it keeps going. It's hard to get excited about it when I feel like it's just going to bounce right back up again in a few days.

DH and I are going to the movies this afternoon! He told me yesterday that he sort of pulled something in his back at work and I told him if we go to the movies he can rest his back instead of feeling like he has to do chores. We haven't been to the movies in a long time so this will be nice!
Old 06-07-2014, 04:07 AM   #1490

Happy Saturday!!

So happy the scale is moving down for you.

I'm going to do the fasting program this weekend to see if I have my weird reaction. After doing a cost analysis kind of thing I found that it would cost just as much to continue juicing as it would be to add a week to the product I have on hand and continue till hubby's ceremony.

If I handle it okay I may go ahead and "find the money" to continue doing it till we lose his paycheck. That may get me through one of my HUGE walls I've been trying to bust through for YEARS... under 200lbs...

I hope... I hope....
Old 06-07-2014, 10:38 AM   #1491
Bike Tart

The scale is teasing me....bounced up a bit....hoping it won't stay.

I'm working on getting everything organized for starting my new plan....I'm basically already doing it with what I have on hand but I'm counting Monday as my start day.

Hope you can get things working in the right direction for you, too!

I'm off to do chores....first I need to get some lunch made....salad and wings today!
Old 06-08-2014, 05:42 AM   #1492

Happy Sunday!!

Hope your first week goes very smoothly for you!! I'm sure you'll do awesome!!

I'm very very swollen today but after yesterday's sodium and time in the heat I'm not surprised.

However, I didn't have a reaction to the fasting meals yesterday and that's good news. I can do those until they're gone. Then decide how I want to proceed.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:43 AM   #1493
Bike Tart

Good Morning! As usual, another bounce up.... Gets really annoying! I'm thinking it may have been the chicken wings I had last night and the cheddarwurst I had for lunch. I just shouldn't eat any kind of sausage, I guess. But I still have breakfast sausage links in the freezer so I'll be eating those at some point.

Glad you didn't have a reaction to the fasting meals!

Today's meals will be whatever I can come up with from the fridge and freezer. I think I'll do a run to the grocery store, too. I don't have as much stuff to get started as I thought I had. I need food to get me through Thursday and then weekend food to take to DS's house.

I hope to attempt some exercise today. Not sure what it will be but I need to start somewhere and I think it's a good idea to start today!
Old 06-09-2014, 05:03 AM   #1494

Happy Monday!!

Although not feeling so happy right this minute.

Completely crashed and burned. For some reason I can do just fine on real food juicing and smoothies. However the minute I tried to do the fasting meals from that special program I went completely off the rails. I haven't eaten like that in so long I don't even remember.

I am so swollen that the scale is actually up 7lbs.

I know that's mostly fluid but I am so ticked off at myself right now.

I'm thinking maybe the chemicals are what set me off. I was trying to save money and use what I had on hand. When I should have just kept up with what I knew was working for me.

Lesson learned and trying to undo the damage with only 3wks left.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #1495
Bike Tart

Aww, I'm sorry about the reaction...I'm sure you're right about the chemicals.

Scale is up a bit more for me this morning...ugh! But then the first loss I show with the new plan may be bigger! LOL!

I went to the store this morning and got a bunch of veggies and some chicken. Need to do a bunch of prep today to make things easier this week. Also talked to DH about our travel coming up this weekend. He's agreed to forego the snacks while driving and we'll stop at a rest area to eat the food I bring along. I texted Kayli to see what kind of food she would like. I'll make some wraps for them and egg salad for me. Also so veggies and dip. It will be nice to sit out and eat good food!

Not sure how I'll feel later but I may do some treadmill time if I feel up to it. I really need to get back to exercise even though it's going to be hard. For now it will just be walking but I'm hoping DH can get the bikes ready soon....I can drive my bike over to the park and ride there without too much trouble.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:28 AM   #1496

Happy Tuesday!!

I'm pretty sure it was the chemicals too. I didn't have any of the fasting meals and was fine yesterday. No cravings or binge feelings. That's even with juicing and smoothies for my meals.

Scale is also back down a smidge. Going to take some hard work to get it back where it was though. Which is was hurts the most right now. If I hadn't messed with the status quo I'd already be in the next set of 10's and working on my next weight wall that I usually get stuck at.

Hope you were able to get some treadmill time yesterday.

The local school is letting out at the end of this week. That means we can do early morning walks without a lot of school traffic to deal with. Yay!!
Old 06-10-2014, 06:39 AM   #1497
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Scale is the same....better than up! I didn't make it to the treadmill yesterday. Got busy with stuff and forgot....I am sad that I forget all about exercise a lot of the time. It used to be such an important part of my day. I doubt that I'll do it today because I have to take DH to get his car running (it died at work and I had to go get him at 5:30 a.m.) and then I have to take him to town to get DS's truck which he'll be using indefinitely. I have a bunch of stuff to get ready to mail and somewhere in all this I need to shower! I'm going out to dinner with a few of the book club girls tonight.

I survived my first day on the new plan. I really didn't eat any differently than usual other than not grabbing a snack a couple of times.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:05 AM   #1498

Happy Wednesday!!

Glad your first day went well.

Scale is basically the same today. TOM is due this week so I can probably kiss any losing goodbye for a while.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:22 AM   #1499
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Scale is the same....second day went well, too. Still adjusting to the plan as far as not grabbing for snacks or eating foods at the wrong meals....it will take a bit of time to make it come naturally again.

Going for my jiggly massage today....need it! I'm a bit stressed about all the paperwork with Mom's estate and about a few other things that have come up....DH's car is home but not usable anymore....a few financial things that need to be taken care of. Thankfully DS said we can use his truck till we can work things out to get a different car for DH. That helps a lot and I've got calls made to places to work on the other stuff. I just want this all finished so I can move on with my life.

Had a fun night out with my friends last night! It's been a long time since I've done a Girls Night Out! I hope we can plan on doing it more often.

Well, time to get off the computer and get something done here....
Old 06-12-2014, 04:57 AM   #1500

Happy Thursday!!

Glad things are still going well on your plan.
Sorry about hubby's car.

We just paid ours off recently and I made the mistake of saying, "Watch something go wrong now."

Yup, now we're having issues that no one can figure out. So we're just hoping it'll keep running until we can afford a new one.

Scale is the same here again. TOM is firmly visiting so I'm happy to not be gaining.

I'm going to test for some food sensitivities after doing a meat only fast for a few days. Sense I crave meat this time of month anyway it'll make it easier. Then on Monday I'll start adding my typical fruits and veggies back one by one.

I'm wanting to see if I'm sensitive to any of the foods that are considered High FODMAP or High Histamine. Such as avocado, bananas, etc....

I eat them almost daily and I'm wondering if they're the reason that some of my autoimmune issues aren't healing any further. I really hope not.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 06-12-2014 at 04:58 AM..