LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
TGIF!!

Have fun camping Ms.Linda!!!

We just did a HUGE stock up on crafts, smores, etc... for breaking up the monotony of summer vacation.

Now I have to make sure all the laundry is caught up for the DH's packing.

At least we got the last of the school stuff mailed in today. Including their standardized testing. So now I can turn my focus on to other projects.

I was down on the scale today. And it was on the nose... ugh... Just a 10th of a pound more and I would have been in the next set of 10's... Talk about tempting me to go sweat it out.... Knowing me and my luck I'd retain fluid instead and be heavier.

Today is an Up Day and I've already enjoyed some goodies.

I that this seems to be working for me right now and it's taking the dieting stress off me. Just hoping it continues for quite a while before I have to tweak anything.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #122

Happy Weekend!!

Hope the camping is going great Linda!!

TOM is on the way out the door and that would usually reward me with a nice woosh but umm.... between yesterday's UD and not having any power for the last 12hrs.... I'm swollen from the heat and sodium....

You don't even want to know how much I went up...

So, plenty of lemon water today.

Today's DD is looked forward to immensely. It's funny how that happens. Just don't like the sight of food after enjoying the UD.

Hubby is gone again... so hoping that it will mean a really good loss for me. Also funny how that usually happens...
Old 07-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #123

Happy Sunday!!

My DD yesterday turned into a Medium Day. Then I forgot to weigh until after I'd already had two cups of coffee and breakfast.
So, I'm currently up even higher on the scale but I'm pretty sure it's this mornings food plus swelling. I think if I'd remembered to weigh I would have been the same as yesterday.

Anyway, I'm continuing with today's UD even though it may make the scale even higher tomorrow. I don't want to break my routine right now because it'll make me want to give up.

I'll try to keep carbs fairly low, keep sodium low, drink lots of lemon water, etc etc etc to try to flush the ole body out and hopefully not have too bad of a scare tomorrow when I weigh in.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #124
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
We had a fun weekend! We had a 7+ hour of no electricity or water which was most aggravating because it was my turn to make a meal and I had planned on crock pot food....had to improvise...turned out great!

I didn't fall off the wagon....I jumped off both feet first and am paying for it for sure! I feel lousy from all the junk...not that I ate a lot but so not used to eating the kinds of food they had (each family prepared a meal so several meals of no choice unless I made my own...should have done it but didn't)...they are all big low fat eaters...lots of chips, candy, etc. in addition to the meals...fruit, lots of buns/bread...now it's time to get back to my real food!

I have 2 picnics this week and I know I will eat stuff I shouldn't be it won't be as bad....I promise not to complain about no progress!

Time to go unpack, get laundry going, etc.....

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:35 AM   #125

Glad you enjoyed yourself Ms.Linda!!

Well, after my UD yesterday I expected to be the same or worse and I'm down a smidge on the scale. So that's good. Not all the way back down but I'm working on it.

Looking forward to today's DD.

exercise:
45 minute spin bike
and
I would "like" to do an after dinner walk
but the heat and humidity have been so awful I doubt we'll do it.
Maybe we'll do some Wii instead.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:45 AM   #126
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I have a bazillion things to do today...big picnic here on Wed. and another one on Saturday...have to go get more groceries, clean, organize, etc. I hope I don't forget anything...also have laundry from the camping weekend to get done and none of this is including the set up for the picnic! The good thing is that everyone coming is very helpful and will jump in for the set up once they get here if we don't have it done and a lot of people help with the food so it's not all on me.

I won't even be able to think till next Monday! Better get off the computer....have to go get groceries and order birthday cake for MIL...
Old 07-03-2012, 05:46 AM   #127

Glad that you'll have some help, Linda. And hope that the week goes off without a hitch.

I'm down a smidge again today. But this is just ridiculous.

I thought I was doing so much better but when I looked at my chart I'm just doing what I do every month....

Big jump from TOM and then spend the weeks until the next one trying to get it back off.

So all in all I'm only maintaining.

I'm going to make some adjustments during this break before the next TOM and I'm hoping and that I'll be further down than usual and then can keep the jump up minimal.

We shall see I guess....

Exercise is out for the moment while I deal with household stuff this week and some leg issues. I might try to at least do upper body at night after the kids go to bed... but no guarantees I'll even have the energy to.

So, adjustments this week.... I'm taking my UDs down to levels for my current goal weight of under 200. We'll see if this helps some.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:16 AM   #128
Bike Tart

Busy, busy day today....cleaning, cooking and caring for Mom....I will do what I can and the rest will just not get done....I'm puffy today....I'm sure it's a combination of the heat and the grains I ate all weekend...

Not sure what I'll be eating today....has to be easy stuff....eggs for breakfast....I have some cooked ground beef, I have frozen veggies so I guess I'll do something with that stuff...

Exercise? Not likely other than cleaning....next week I hope to get some sort of routine going....
Old 07-04-2012, 05:40 AM   #129

Happy 4th!!!

Hope you have a wonderful time with your family today!!!

We're not doing anything super special this year since hubby is gone.

I tried out my new adjusted UD cals yesterday and was rewarded with a loss today so I'm thinking I may have made the right decision.

Today is a DD which will be hard since the kiddos want to do S'mores but I'll give it a go.

I'm giving myself a wide range from cals to choose from... between a regular DD(20%) and a weight loss/maintenance DD(45%).

This way I don't feel deprived and I also won't get upset if I go over the 20% a little bit. I'll have plenty of wiggle room.... but I'm also hoping not to have to use it. We'll see what happens.

I am now dealing with ovulation pain. So, between that and my leg issues I'm still battling... exercise will be a no go.

Other than all the serious cleaning I'll be doing of course. But I don't count that since I take breaks when ever my leg demands it.

Gotta run and try to enjoy the quiet before the kiddos wake up. Without hubby here this is the only time of day I truly get "me time".
Old 07-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #130
Bike Tart

Had a fabulous day! I find it interesting that on DH's side of the family only his one brother/girlfriend and one sister/family came (and MIL)...2 of my Aunts and one Uncle came and the rest that came were my SIL's in-laws....we had a big crowd and tons of food...I'll be dividing and freezing leftovers in the morning.

My feet are ginormous and hurt...legs hurt, too...it's really hot...79 degrees at midnight is crazy! Thank goodness I bought some sundresses a few weeks ago!

I did ok with food, not great but not all on plan...very small portions of things...I feel like I got through the day without too much trouble! Had a good discussion with one of the Italian cousins about working out....she's been doing paleo for a couple of months now and doing great...wish I'd have had more time to talk with her about it...
Old 07-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #131

Glad you enjoyed yourself!!!

Yesterday's DD/MD ended up being an UD instead....

But I still ended up losing this morning so I'm happy.

I'm going ahead and making today a DD.... between the heat making me not hungry and yesterday's calories... I just feel like I need it.

I'll have to do a MD at some point to accommodate my birthday next week but that's okay. I'll make that decision officially once I know when the hubby is coming home and when we will actually be celebrating my b'day.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #132
Bike Tart

Well, still not thinking about going on the scale....too puffy!

Busy day today, cleaning, went to Mom's, went to my Aunt's, more cleaning....lots to do for Saturday's picnic!

I think I may go in the pool later tonight....maybe I can talk DH into a quick dip when he gets home from work if he's not too tired...it's so hot here that it will be great to go in at midnight! LOL!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:31 AM   #133

I am so envious of your pool time Linda. With all this horrible heat and the base pool being closed for the second year in a row I've been tempted to just tear down their swing set(that they don't use anyway) and buy a pool.

Down again today after a very good DD. That makes 6lbs in the 6 days that hubby has been gone. I really need to work on continuing down when he's home too.

I've got 10lbs till this year's current lowest weight and 22lbs to the low from the morning of my hernia surgery 1yr ago (as of July 12th).

I'm hoping to continue this plan all the way past that before I have to start worrying about changing things up again.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #134
Bike Tart

I never made it to the pool last night...I love having it but in this heat it really isn't all that refreshing...water temps are about 90 degrees...bath water temps! I'd like it a little cooler! Well, it's still nice to get in so I shouldn't complain...

I'm puffy and I hurt a lot today...going to SIL's for pizza tonight....they're cooking it in the outdoor pizza oven...the way I've been feeling lately I don't care about diet...I'm careful on portion sizes but that's about it....staying mostly low carb but not all the way.

Tomorrow is Kayli's birthday picnic and tonight DS/DIL and Baby Ruth will be arriving! Can't wait!

Better go get ready to head out...have a good weekend! Not sure I'll get in here till Monday...
Old 07-07-2012, 06:42 AM   #135

Since I like soaking in a tub as hot as I can stand it I would probably like your pool temps too.

I'm down a couple ounces after an UD. A couple ounces isn't much but when combined with coming off and UD it's amazing and I'll take it.

So, normally on the weekends either today or tomorrow would be a medium day to accommodate tons of running around but since we're sticking pretty close to home in this heat I'll see if I can keep to the regular rotation for now. Which makes today a DD.

Lowering my UD cals seems to have worked.

I took them down to the level for a 190lb person because for now that's a goal I'm working towards. I know a lot of the girls insist on UDs being at current weight but I just found that it wasn't working for me.

Decided to give it the week and see what happens and it's been working awesome.

Just enough cals to keep me full and happy. And to keep me from starving on the following DD.

As long as I continue losing I won't lower them again any time soon. Plus I like knowing that if I'm truly starving or I go out to eat I still have that wiggle room between what levels I'm doing now and what I "could" do if necessary.

Oh and I took my DD calories up. Although I'd like to go lower I found that the 20% just wasn't something I could do. So, I took it to the highest for weight loss mode and worked my way down until I was comfortable.

Anyway, I know that was a ton of yakking for today.

Off to get some breakfast and then housework done.

Hope you have an awesome time at your picnic!!
Old 07-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #136

Well, DD became MD.... It's hard when I have a migraine which makes me want to eat.... Also I wasn't able to be as actively working through out the day so I was just sitting around thinking about my migraine and thinking about food.

I still kept the cals fairly under control thankfully.

Probably won't be rewarded with a loss and I'm still sticking to my UD numbers tomorrow because I don't believe in "punishing" myself because that's just setting myself up for failing.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:20 AM   #137

Happy Sunday!!

Well, I was rewarded with a gain on the scale today for yesterday's MD.

Now I'm fighting the urge to just make today a DD.

I'm not sure what I'll do just yet... Maybe just eat intuitively and see where the cals fall at the end of the day and then adjust tomorrow accordingly.

Tons to do on the house today then tons of errands tomorrow....hopefully this heat will break a little so that it's not COMPLETELY unbearable.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #138

I'm back...

I think I'm journaling(is that a word LOL) twice a day right now because it's that time during my DH's absence that I tend to start eating more out of boredom/depression/etc......

So, I'm trying to keep myself accountable.

Intuitive eating has brought me a day that will be close to my new UD calorie range. The one for a 190lb person that I've been trying to utilize this week.

Definitely not a bad day all in all. I am looking forward to my DD tomorrow though.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #139

Good Morning My Dearies!!!

So, yesterday was an UD and I only went up a couple ounces.

I am very very happy to have today's DD though. I'm so sick of food right now.

Have some errands and bloodwork to get done today. Bloodwork is for my headache doc so she'll be checking my Vit D and Vit B and I'm going to ask her to run my thyroid panel to see if I need to go to my GP before September's official thyroid follow up. I've been feeling "off" and just wondering if that's the reason.

Otherwise I'm happy with how the scale is doing. Even the gains because they were very very tiny ones so I can handle that. And they'll be gone after a really good DD.

I have enjoyed being able to eat what ever I want within reason but it's time to dial it back. The general inflammation and blood sugar not being all that great is not worth it. So I will attempt to be back to 90% low carb primal and save any special treats for the weekends.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #140
Bike Tart

I survived the weekend....no scale yet because I'm so puffy from the heat and grains I ate. I did my best to keep my portions small and stay away from the kitchen so I wouldn't go for more food...it worked fairly well...

Still trying to work back up to doing some workouts....maybe I'll feel up to it this afternoon....just some upper body stuff...

Found out my brother/family will be staying with us next week for a few days and that DH's brother/family will be in town around the same time although not staying with us. Haven't seen BIL/family since our son's wedding in '08 so I hope we get some time with them.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #141

I'm trying not to have the "I messed up" mentality tonight but the truth is I did..... My DD turned into a MD at first... then I just caved and binged...and I have no clue where my calories landed.

Got some stress I'm dealing with and I admit I let it get to me. Don't have time for this... So right back on track..... I'm still aiming to do my rotations low carb for a few days so that I can get my appetite/cravings back under control. Just hoping and I can stick to it this time. Like I said.. I don't have any time for delays right now.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #142
Bike Tart

we just have to keep trying....while it would be nice to be perfect it's not possible...just keep doing your best and if you stumble get back up and keep doing your best...

I'm tired of being so hard on myself when I stumble....I have so much stress in my life right now that I have to find a place in my life that I can be gentle and I think right now it's food and exercise...the issues I'm having are not all of my own doing and until I can get this stuff taken care of I am going to just do my best and not worry about the rest...
Old 07-10-2012, 05:47 AM   #143

Morning and Thanks Ms.Linda!!

Well, even after yesterday's mess I am down on the scale today. Not at my low for the month but lower than yesterday so that's something I guess.

Today would have normally been an Up Day.

I'm going to eat intuitively and see where it falls.

I'll also be doing very low carb.

Which ever days it falls on I'll just continue that rotation tomorrow. No biggie.

Have tons of house work again today. Plus some school research to do. Trying to decide what I'm going to do about school this coming fall. I don't agree with some new info that's being introduced with the new year for DD and I'm thinking of switching schools. But it's all sooooo confusing. ugh...

I'm also keeping an eye on kitty today. She was really sick last night but seems to be doing better this morning. I'm hoping that continues because she really scared me.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #144
Bike Tart

I have been taking it easy to rest my feet....I have to go to Mom's this afternoon....DH is working day shift this week....I'll be getting the house ready for the next round of guests next week....

Not sure about food or exercise...
Old 07-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #145

Evening!!

Hope your feet are feeling better Linda.

Today ended up being an UD.... so I'm going to attempt a DD tomorrow.

Should be interesting since the kids have been "secretly" planning to make me something special both for breakfast and then later for snack time.

I'll try to keep the rest of the day a "fasting" day or very very light with lots of veggies and/or coffee...

I'm well within my new calorie limit for the 190lb UD so I'm happy about that. I feel like I just may be back on track.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:55 AM   #146

Morning,

Yesterday was definitely an UD and the scale stayed the same today. Which is great.

Today is a DD but the kids brought me breakfast in bed and I'm pretty sure the cals were up there. Haven't figured them out just yet.

I'm hoping worst case scenario it'll be a MD.

Just got some not so great news so I'm trying to process that without falling off plan.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #147
Bike Tart

Hope you have a great day, Dawn!

I'm sort of taking it easy again today...resting up for the swarm of family next week! I do need to do some chores but am hoping to keep things simple today.

I ordered a couple of KB books...The Swing and Kettlebells for Women....they came the other day and I'm going to use them to work on a plan to get back to working with the kbs...I need to be ready for when classes start again!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:04 AM   #148

Thanks Sweetie!! It was a nice one considering how much we were all missing the hubby.

I had a MD yesterday and made sure to make the healthiest choices possible. I guess I did pretty good because I was rewarded with a loss.

I think that's around 6lbs for the month so far. Which I mostly lost in the first 6 days of the month.

After bouncing around due to issues this past week I finally settled back at 6lbs.

It's all good.....

If I could lose 6 more by the end of the month I'll be satisfied.

I also need to get more DDs in but have found it hard with hunger issues. I keep settling on a lot more MDs than I should.

So, wish me luck...

Today is a DD so that I can have an UD dinner with hubby tomorrow night.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #149

So, I've been doing research on various programs because I always like to know what's next if something doesn't work. And I was thinking about trying the rotation diet next.
Women do
Week 1: 600cals for three days, 900cals for 4 days.
Week 2: 1200cals a day
Week 3: Repeat Week 1

Then for at least a week(up to a month or more) you maintain.

If there's a need to lose more then you go back to the rotations.

My thinking is this.... During the "maintenance" phase I would just do JUDDD so that I would continue to lose just at a slower pace. Then...... when I'm ready...... go back to the other program's more strict rotations.

What appeals to me is during at least the first 3wk phase he touts that you can lose around 15 to 21lbs (depending on how heavy you are to begin with).

I doubt that with my metabolism/thyroid issues that I could do this but I figure it's no worse than when I did the protein sparing fast at 800cals... and when I have DD's usually around 600cals.....

Maybe it would be too complicated?? Hmmmm... Worth keeping on the back burner for when it's needed. Right now I'm losing at a rate of about .5lb a day. And I'm not in a hurry to lose all those calories from the UDs.

Okay now that you're probably totally confused

I'm going to get back to cleaning house to get ready for hubby coming home.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #150
Bike Tart

Well, it's worth trying, Dawn...not sure I could do it but right now I'm not doing anything....I'm just stumbling along making some good choices but too many not so good ones....can I just get my mouth sewn shut for a while?!

Went to Mom's...she wouldn't let me change her so Stepfather said he'd do it later....she's in a weird mood so I didn't interact much with her today....it is so hard seeing her like this....and I just seem to get angrier and angrier at my siblings because they don't have to deal with this....the anger isn't really even all the justified because they both live too far away to help on a regular basis and I'm sure now she wouldn't cooperate with them because she doesn't know them anymore. But I'm angry because they get to go on with their lives and have fun while I'm stuck here doing it all.....which is also unreasonable because I don't want them to have a say in anything!

I'm having a difficult few days because I'm having some PMS type symptoms (headaches, sore breasts, bloating, etc.) and I'm really worried that a TOM will show up....it's been done since Oct. but has to be done for a full year before I can say menopause! Some of the symptoms can be caused by a few other things but the sore breasts is a definite PMS thing....keep your fingers crossed that it's just a fluke and nothing will happen....

I want steak for dinner but we don't have any....I also want someone else to make dinner but that's unlikely...if I ask DH he'll go get take out....pizza would be his choice and Chinese would be DS's choice....nothing sounds good but steak for me!