Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 06:32 AM   #1411
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Hope the migraine goes away and you can enjoy the movies....

Scale is down .2 lb.....better than none!

Fell asleep before I could get the broth going in the crockpot so I'll do that in a few minutes. We are going to a salad luncheon today....the Italian American Ladies Auxiliary is hosting it....MIL belongs and got tickets for us. And the salads are not on plan, I'm sure!

Need to go back to bland foods for a bit because my stomach has been bothering me a bit. I need to give it a rest. So I'll go over what I have in the fridge and see what will work for me and maybe stop at the store if I have to get anything else.

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #1412
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Happy Wednesday!!

I'm almost at the point where I just want to completely give up.

No sooner than I get on track with things I get sick or something and of course the only thing that I can stomach then becomes crackers, white rice, and potatoes. White rice isn't so bad but my body can't handle the crackers or white potatoes. Crackers for obvious reasons and potatoes because they aggravate one of my autoimmune issues.

So I completely hear you on simplifying(going bland) for a while.

Unfortunately even though I want to go strict AIP I'm finding that I keep falling off that wagon too. I just need to get a hold of my eating along with my workouts. It seems I can only do one or the other at a time. I'm either really good with my workouts or really good with AIP. Not both...

I made an appointment to discuss the status of my thyroid and migraine treatment with my GP. I was basically begged to do this. I have a well woman check up in July with her already. But my family is freaking out over the fact that I stopped my thyroid meds. So, I'm doing this strictly to put their minds at ease.

However, I was considering asking her about monitoring me while I go back on that fasting plan I did for most of the first 100lbs. I am wondering if the reason I kept having allergic reactions before... when trying to go back on it... is because the thyroid meds were causing such a horrible reaction.

So, anyway, I asked for a big block of time with her so that I can talk about all the things that the Endo wouldn't talk about with me. I hope that she's open minded and willing to work with me.

She seems to be but I've only seen her a handful of times since I was switched over because my regular doctor left the practice. So, I guess we'll see in 2wks.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:11 AM   #1413

Happy Thursday!!

And yes I had to look at my calendar to check.

The great experiment has begun. Since DH is home I decided to try my special meals and see if I have a reaction. If there isn't one then I'll have to decide if we continue this plan until at least the trip south. I'm really hoping and that it works because I'd like to be back in my nice clothes before then.

Plus I don't know when I'll have the money again with the job situation.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:45 PM   #1414
Bike Tart

Good luck with the dr. appt. I hope she is helpful!

I'm up to my eyeballs in trying to figure out where Mom had accounts/stocks, etc. and finding the numbers to call....it's a nightmare!

Plus the toilet project which you've probably read about on FB....another nightmare....

Scale is a bit bouncy but still in the same range it's been in for the past year or two...wonder if I'll ever get out of it? I'm very discouraged right now but I think it all ties in with all the frustration with the paperwork for Mom, etc. I just want some peace for a while.

I've got a crockpot with veggie broth going and a pot on the stove simmering veggie/ham broth. Salad for dinner tonight. I had wanted to make a few things ahead but got lost in the papers and now I just don't feel like making anything. To be honest I'd love to lose myself in a giant bowl of pasta but that won't be happening.....at least I know not to do that! LOL!

I started taking a new supplement for pain/inflammation and I'm noticing that my right leg doesn't feel quite as "tight" as usual....not sure if the supplement is the reason...may be too soon to tell.

Well, back to the papers.....I'm finding a few that might help....little by little....
Old 05-02-2014, 06:32 AM   #1415

Happy Friday!!

And yet again I had to check my calendar for that. Having DH home has thrown me off a bit.

Lots and Lots of and that you find everything you need soon so you can move on with your grief instead of stressing over papers.

Scale is currently down. My day on the special meals went well but after further financial checks it's really not feasible to continue them. So, I'm left wondering if I should fast the 10 days worth of meals I have left or send them on to my mother who uses them as well.

I'm going to do an AIP shake kind of day and see how it reflects on the scale before I make that decision. Heck, if it works I could also look at alternating days to make the special meals last about a month.

I'm sure I'll get this figured out.....eventually....
Old 05-02-2014, 09:03 AM   #1416
Bike Tart

You'll get it all figured out soon! So will I, right?! We'll just think positive!

I finally realized that if I wanted to find the right info for Mom's stuff I should look in her current mail! Duh! So I went through the most current statements for things and found almost everything I need. Now I just need to make the calls....I'm waiting till Monday to do that...just need a break from it right now. I went this morning to get her headstone officially ordered. I know she'd like it! Stepfather went with me and he liked it, too.

Didn't have time to weigh this morning but I feel like I didn't gain....feet and ankles looking good today! I think the supplement I'm taking for pain is working...I've only been taking it since Monday but I feel less pain...hope it's not just wishful thinking!

I'll be making salads for us for lunch....DH works tonight and the weekend so dinners for me will be light. Going to use my veggie broth to make some drinks with supplements in them....they taste similar to a virgin bloody mary...nice change from sweet drinks....
Old 05-03-2014, 05:50 AM   #1417

Happy Saturday!!

Scale is doing a nice little daily drop of about a pound or so. Since I know this is mostly fluid right now I'm not excited yet.

Isn't it funny that at just the right moment of giving up the scale decides to start dropping.

Today will be about painting doors and gardening. So, no exercise, per se, is planned. But I'm sure I'll be very sore tomorrow.

Food fell back into the rhythm of basic paleo. I hope to wean myself back off anything not AIP like nuts, seeds, and nightshades. Then I'm just going to enjoy feeling better and "try" not to stress about weight... *giggle* *snort*
Old 05-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #1418
Bike Tart

I didn't weigh this morning....forgot again...that's ok...maybe I'll just wait till Monday.

Congrats on the drop! And you'll be getting plenty of movement with the things you have planned....it's just a different kind of exercise!

I'm going to do chores today....maybe some more food prep. I want to get the boxes of Mom's papers ready to put in the basement (or take to DS's house). They are a huge mess in our computer room right now. I want to start emptying out the big desk and getting ready to get rid of it. We want to get that room turned back into a bedroom with a small desk. I'll bring the daybed from Kayli's room up and she will get the double bed from my Mom's house for her bedroom. I'd like to get it done by the end of summer, if possible!

Eating leftovers today....working on using up freezer and food in the fridge and cupboards again. We may have a few weird meals for a little while!

DH works tonight and tomorrow night....hope to Skype with DS2/family tomorrow because it's Ruthie's 3rd birthday! We'll see them either next weekend or the weekend after but I do hope we can Skype tomorrow!
Old 05-04-2014, 05:29 AM   #1419

Happy Sunday!!

Scale is still ooching down at a snails pace but it's going down and that's what counts.

Not too sore from yesterday so that's good.

Acid reflux has become my companion again so I'm definitely taking the diet back to bland without any grains what so ever. Plus I'm having ACV before each meal. Let's hope it resolves itself quickly. blech!!
Old 05-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #1420
Bike Tart

Well, I didn't do much yesterday...I think it's just my way of grieving...can't seem to get going some days...not stressing about it at all. I did get my veggie drinks for the week made. I really like this drink and it helps me feel satisfied for a while. I know V8 isn't the best to be having but it's mixed with veggie broth (homemade) and some other things...not strictly low carb but if it keeps me from munching mindlessly I'll take it!

We're supposed to Skype in a half hour with Ruthie for her birthday today....can't believe she's 3 years old already! We'll be seeing her soon....waiting anxiously for the new baby to get here so we can go down to see them!

DH is helping at DS1's apt. building again today and then he'll be leaving for work in about 2 hours....we only seem to see each other when we're coming or going lately...

Got on the scale this morning and it was down but I really don't think it's right.....I'll see what it says tomorrow....
Old 05-05-2014, 05:06 AM   #1421

Happy Monday!!

I'm dealing with a ton of inflammation and regular swelling. So, lots of pain on my plate for a few days. My fault and I accept it. Doesn't mean I'm happy about it but I accept it.

In spite of this the scale is still doing it's teeny tiny slow inch downwards. Still not anything to get excited about yet. Have about 10lbs to go before that happens.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:25 AM   #1422
Bike Tart

Sorry about the pain and inflammation.....hope it goes away soon!

Well, the scale was down....a lot from last week.....I am not sure how I feel.....happy but I don't quite believe it....I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and see where it takes me. It certainly motivates me to keep on plan even though I don't feel like I've been on plan. Weird feeling....

We are using up the last of the leftovers today....I'm going to make some soup for us with the ham broth I made the other day. Then I'm going to toss any other leftovers because I just don't think it's a good idea to eat them. I need to get better at using up food although this weekend was not what we planned...DH was gone most of the weekend so he didn't eat much.

Had a nice Skype with DS2 yesterday....Ruthie was not all the interested in talking to us because her other grandparents had gotten there the night before and they were getting ready to go to the zoo. But she stopped long enough to show us her birthday girl shirt and showed us how she jumped on Grandma's bed! LOL! So we talked mostly with DS who said that new baby will probably be along on her due date and not sooner like we had all hoped. That means we won't be going to visit till the weekend after this coming weekend.

I have put off making the phone calls for Mom's stuff long enough so I will be doing that today. I just wish I didn't have to....I'm lousy with phone calls.....well, not lousy but I don't like to do it.....
Old 05-06-2014, 06:29 AM   #1423

Happy Tuesday!!

Glad the scale is down for you. Maybe your body is just ready to let go. Sometimes that happens. Take full advantage while you can.

Scale is still inching it's way downward here... it feels like it's millimeter by millimeter. LOL But at least it's going down. Still not in a range to get excited about but it's something at least.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:10 AM   #1424
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I'm going to Mom's house today to look through the last of the boxes for the elusive will....if I don't find it today I'll call the attorney to just go ahead with the copy....just another reminder to me to get everything updated and put it together with a list of phone numbers, account numbers, etc. and tell DS where it is! I know she didn't mean for it to be like this...before the illness she was very organized. I'm just so tired of dealing with it all.

Going out for lunch today....could be a problem but I just have to deal with it....we have a gift card to use for Olive Garden....I will not be choosing a pasta dish or eating breadsticks. I'll quick check the menu online before we go....I'll have salad although their dressing does have sugar in it....still a better choice than a plate of pasta. MIL gives all her kids a gift card from OG for Christmas every year....wish she would try a new place....oh, well....will do my best!

Off to get showered and ready to go......
Old 05-07-2014, 04:27 AM   #1425

Happy Wednesday!!

Scale is up this morning but I am also very swollen. I don't know what my hubby puts on that salmon but I swell every single time. It's yummy so I won't complain.

Hope you had luck at your mom's house yesterday.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:36 AM   #1426
Bike Tart

Waving hi! Ugh! No luck finding the will but found a million other things....also have decided that some of her illness must have started way before we saw symptoms....she saved so much crap but had it all boxed so we didn't know it. So much to sort out! I'll leave most of it to my siblings since I don't want anything other than eventually some of the bakeware and storage dishes. I may go take some of it in a week or so....I doubt it's anything either of them want. I'm going to wait till Friday and see if DS has luck with the boxes at his house and then I'll call the attorney to go ahead with the copy if we can't find it....need to get this all settled so I can get on with my life....

Our lunch out was not the best but I didn't cave and get pasta. I did have soup with gnocchi in it and the salad dressing has sugar...ate a few croutons, too. So needless to say the scale was up a bit....my own fault.

Going to the store in a few minutes to get a few ingredients needed to use up the food I already have. Keeping things simple for now.

I got a new app for my phone called Happy Scale....helps keep track of weight, has charts and helps figure out increments goals....I hope I like it. I also hope I remember to enter weight into it daily....LOL! I also have a BP app and constantly forget to enter numbers...

Well, time to get going....have a good day....
Old 05-08-2014, 04:31 AM   #1427

Happy Thursday!!

Still very swollen today. I think I've developed and intolerance for coconut oil. So now I'm trying to figure out where the heck I'm supposed to get my good fats from when I can't have eggs or butter.

I guess bacon grease, avocado, and olive oil will be the driving force for a while.

I also think I've been trying to have an early TOM. All the beginning symptoms a week ahead of schedule. Fun times....

Lots of school and housework as usual. So nothing major going on. Still no job prospects and will be running out of money a lot quicker than I originally thought. So there is a TON of stress right now. I'm not currently stress eating since I can't afford to. So that helps.

Had to have a talk with DD because she notices things and I didn't want her to worry more than she would naturally. To just know that no matter what we'll be taken care of.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:57 AM   #1428
Bike Tart

It's massage day! I leave in about 15 minutes....which means I need to get dressed! LOL!

Bounce up day for me... I'm feeling like I'll never get away from this range of numbers...

Will post more when I get back...don't want to be late for massage! It's my sanity this week!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:25 AM   #1429

Happy Friday!!

Scale down bounce and back into the lower set of 10's. It's nice but nothing to get excited about just yet. Another 10lbs and I might be.....maybe... a.....little.... excited.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #1430
Bike Tart

Had a good massage yesterday and basically did nothing useful the rest of the day...

Scale is down a bit but not to the low it was last week....I'm destined to be bouncing for a while I guess....can I call that my exercise?!

Going to town to do a few errands and then maybe we'll stop for lunch....we'll see...
Old 05-10-2014, 05:37 AM   #1431

Happy Weekend!!

Sounds like a good day to me.

Scale is down a smidge more. So I'm firmly in the next set of 10's and moving on. I'm still going to wait another 10lbs before I get excited and try those jeans on that I had given up on a while back.

I'm hoping to get my front garden and some beach time with my guys this weekend. We'll see how it works out.

Had a bit of a scare with kitty last night but she seems to be fine this morning. We're not sure if she got overheated after spending a few minutes on the patio or got bit by an ant or what....

She spent 4hrs straight pacing and crying. We had a fan on her, got her to drink fluids, checked her for bugs or bites, and brushed her at least half a dozen times over the night. Finally called the emergency vet and discussed whether or not to take her in. Then I called my mom who has a lot more experience with cats to see what her opinion was. Funny thing was that in the middle of that phone call the cat finally stopped pacing, curled up in her bed, and went to sleep. So we decided to see how she was doing this morning and then based on that take her to the regular vet if needed. She seems fine though.... So, we have absolutely not clue what bee got in her bonnet.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:52 AM   #1432
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Scale is back down.....not to the lowest but very close. Works for me.

I tried a new smoothie recipe....with coconut milk, avocado, beet, cocoa powder and sweetener. So filling and tasty! I have more avocado to use up so I'm going to make some chocolate avocado pudding...will add some chia seeds to it for some extra oomph! I'll have it for breakfast or snacks, if needed. I've never made it before but I'm sure it will be good and a good source of healthy fat. I'll divide it into small portions because it will probably be very filling....

Tonight I'm going to roast some asparagus...I haven't eaten asparagus since I was a kid and I hated it but I wanted to try it roasted because I'm sure it was just boiled back then....one try and if I don't like it this time I won't try it again. DH will eat it if I don't like it. I've got burger patties to go with it....

Going to try to get a little sitting in the sun time today....we finally have decent weather...not as warm as I'd like it but nice enough to sit out for a bit. But first I have some chores and some errands to do!
Old 05-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #1433
Bike Tart

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Baby Josie was born this morning at 8:20 a.m.

Scale bounced back up a bit but that's because we went to SIL's for a pizza party last night....I ate mostly salad and veggies but had a few small slices....

Have a great day! I'm making Bloody Mary's with snack food for lunch....no clue what we're doing for dinner.....
Old 05-11-2014, 11:18 AM   #1434

Happy Mother's Day!!

And congrats on the baby!!!

Scale was up for me this morning. Still in the current set of 10's but don't expect to stay there with the Mother's Day fun.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #1435
Bike Tart

Thanks! I'm so excited!

I tried on a sundress that I haven't worn since last year....I must be losing inches because it is much more comfortable than the last time I wore it!

Now to get rid of the puffiness and start losing!
Old 05-12-2014, 06:07 AM   #1436

Happy Monday!!

As expected the scale was up more and I'm no longer in that set of 10's but I'll get rid of the swelling and get right back down. Point was enjoying what ever the family did for me and I did.

I did try to not go overboard though and I think I did a good job of that.

I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow where I will have a gain on the scale. But it's been a year and I think 10lbs in the last year isn't too terrible. Of course she won't see the big picture of my bouncing up and down the same 20lbs and how I've struggled recently to get the latest bounce up...back down.

I am taking some pictures with me that show my weight loss as well as what the meds have been doing to my face. Let's hope she's willing to look and listen to what I want to do.

Anyway, I think that's pretty much it for now. We have 7wks till hubby's retirement ceremony. I'd still like to be at pre-surgery weight by then but we'll see what happens.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:08 AM   #1437
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Scale is the same here.....I enjoyed my day yesterday without going too overboard with anything. The only thing I had that was not lc was an ice cream cone. But we had more bacon than usual and I'm sure that's the cause of my puffiness this morning.

Not much going on here other than the usual chores and then going to town this afternoon.....meeting my Aunt at Mom's house to visit with Stepfather for a little bit and then going to DS's house to go through some papers. One last look for the will before I call the attorney.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:57 AM   #1438

Happy Tuesday!!

Scale is down a smidge but not back into the lower set of 10's. Not really surprised since last night was fish night and we know at this point I always swell after fish night.

I have my appointment with the GP today and I'm a nervous wreck.

Wish me luck.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:29 AM   #1439
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Hope all goes well at your appt!

I'm puffier today than yesterday and up another lb. I guess the bacon from Sunday is still messing with me.....I didn't eat anything yesterday that would have caused this. Today I'll be making sure to get my ACV drinks to see if that will take care of it. In fact, I'll add fresh lemon juice to the drinks to get a double dose of treatment!
Old 05-14-2014, 04:12 AM   #1440
Bike Tart

Good Morning! The scale is finally inching back down....I'm not sure why my feet got as puffy as they did but they are looking much better today.

Didn't sleep great so I'm going to go back to bed and see if I can sleep a bit more. I have my jiggly massage today and don't want to fall asleep while I'm on the table!

I'm going to make myself some eggs first....tummy is really hungry...