Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 06:30 AM   #1381
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Good Morning! Still haven't found the papers I need....I am looking for her original will. I have a copy of it and so does the attorney but if we have the original it will be easier to process her estate. If I don't find it I will have to go to court with the copy and hope that there will be no problems. I have found almost every other piece of paper she has saved but not the will. I'm about ready to scream!

I got on the scale this morning to a 13 lb loss....need new batteries?! I do notice that the last of the visible retention is gone but I don't think it was more than about a pound or so. But I'll just enjoy the number for now! LOL!

Eggs for breakfast, salad for lunch with the last of the rotisserie chicken. Dinner will be decided later since DH is home tonight. I need to finish my grocery list so I can shop tomorrow. I talked to Stepfather and MIL yesterday and they are free to come on Saturday for Easter lunch. DH has to work both Sat. and Sun. so we decided that we'd do the lunch on Sat. so they can do stuff with their other kids on Sun.

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2014, 06:31 AM   #1382
Bike Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSiren View Post
PS>

Try the homemade lotion I posted on my FB page on your legs. Just scroll down until you see the link to my blog and then
go to "Trying it out Thursday". You should have most ingredients on hand or can easily pick them up.
Heading there now to check it out! Thanks!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:24 AM   #1383
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Every Day is a New Start
Happy Thursday!!

Today will be a day of quiet.

Kids get to sleep in as long as they want because we don't do lessons at home today. Then they'll get up just in time to get ready and head to outside classes.

So I'll have a little noise for an hour or two. Then they're out with dad and I get quiet again.

Of course I'll use that time to sneak back into their rooms and work some more. Muah ha ha ha

As for the scale... I'm eating good, working out...some, and still avoiding the scale. Hubby has stated he'll bring it back out at the end of the week if I want to do a quick check. I'm still thinking about it. I like not stressing.

Other than that... not much else going on.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:33 PM   #1384
Bike Tart

Still having a bit of a hard time getting or maybe I should staying on plan....too many things swirling in my brain right now. I think I'm just going to do my best and not worry about it when I stray....I don't stray much but enough that it isn't the best for me.

Did some errands, made an appt. for the attorney for Stepfather for tomorrow morning so I'll have to get up early and go take him, got groceries but forgot several things so have to go again tomorrow. Relaxing for a few more minutes before I go put the rest of the groceries away. I'm tired and I ache all over....

Still haven't made the eczema cream....hope to do that while I'm in the kitchen in a few minutes.

I am going to try a small casserole for me to replace the potato casserole that I'm making for everyone else for Easter dinner. The original one is hashbrown potatoes with butter and cream....I'm going to sub either shredded jicama or shredded radishes for the potatoes and bake it in a little dish for me. I hope it turns out!

I was smart today and remembered to put food in the crock pot for dinner so at least that will be ready when DH gets home....he's at DS's apt. building doing some painting.

Picked up some boxes of Mom's from DS's house to go through tonight while I watch TV....I did a quick glance in them and there are other papers that I will be needing so that's good! Now if only I can find the will!
Old 04-18-2014, 05:36 AM   #1385

Happy Friday!!

TGIF!!!

Don't stress about the food and stuff right now. You've got plenty of other things to worry about. Just do the best you can for now and then focus on it later.

Hubby is going into an office that he's applied for a job with. If this works out then he would literally be working with the same guys and in the same office at the base but as a civilian. That would be awesome.

Other than that just trying to hang in there and get stuff done around here. Plus trying to eat healthy.

Still haven't weighed and probably won't before next week. Who knows... by next week I may decide to never weigh again.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:25 AM   #1386
Bike Tart

Good Luck to your DH!!! That would be great to get that position!

Took Stepfather to the attorney things morning....we got the ball rolling to get him a will and other legal documents that he will possibly need if he gets ill.

Today I have to get the house cleaned up and food prepped for tomorrow's Easter dinner with Stepfather and my MIL. Not sure if my SIL will come or not.....she usually doesn't come to anything so I'll be surprised if she does come.

I'm making a shredded hashbrown potato dish and will be also making the same thing subbing shredded rutabaga so I can have some!

I weighed and it's still the same....I would love to know what my body needs to actually lose weight but I'm not stressing about it now. I have more important things to get done.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #1387

Made some big decisions about my health today. I'm firing two of my doctors next week then making an appointment with the one I'm keeping.

We will basically be starting from ground zero. My intention is to treat as holistically as possible and then... only then.. trying to treat with meds.

I will have my main doctor monitor all my numbers, of course, to make sure that it's working and not making things worse.

I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired. Some recent issues that came up as a side effect to a med that doesn't even help the problem it was meant for... was the final straw.

Time to take back control of my health.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:12 AM   #1388

Happy Saturday!!

Well, there will be no weighing today. TOM started a couple days early.

So now I have to go out in the rain, grumpy, and try to get the last minute Easter stuff together.

Along with every other last minute person out there.

I feel lighter though... emotionally... now that I've made the decisions I have about my health.

Last time I made this big of a decision was when I was 18yrs old and refused to take any more experimental meds for treating my autoimmune diseases. I walked away, never looked back, and lived my life to the fullest.

Time for that again.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:57 PM   #1389
Bike Tart

Good for you!!! I think you are making the right decisions.....we really need to be in charge of our own health.

We had a successful Easter dinner today with Stepfather and MIL....it was strange to have only the 4 of us when I'm used to having at least twice that for most holiday meals. The food was delicious and off plan....didn't have the energy to make the lc versions of what I wanted to make...will make them this week just to see if my idea for them was good.

I had a good nap today....the combination of little sleep and carby food helped! Going to just relax tonight to see if I can recharge before heading to Mom's house tomorrow to continue the search for her will....
Old 04-20-2014, 06:03 AM   #1390
Bike Tart

Good Morning! The only thing I know for sure I'm doing today is going to Mom's to search more for her will. Other than that I plan to read for a while....keeping things quiet and simple today if I can. I do have a little more clean up from yesterday and I should organize my fridge but that's about it....the rest can wait. I need some down time!

I think this is the first Easter in many, many years that I won't see either of my kids or any other family members....strange...will see Stepfather later today but that's it....DH is still sleeping so I won't see him till lunch time....
Old 04-21-2014, 07:08 AM   #1391

Happy Monday!!

I'm a little hung over from the weekend of relaxing. How funny is that.

Had maybe 5 pieces of candy so I count that as a success. What helped this year was being too broke to go all out with baskets. The kids got what they liked but the grown ups did without. Only reason I got any candy is because my son was determined to share. So I got 5 of those little robin's eggs thingies.

I've been off the thyroid meds for a few days now and already my face is getting better. I knew there was a connection and it was just getting worse. I wouldn't even leave the house anymore,without tears, it was so bad. When I noticed that my face got more red about 2hrs after the meds I started putting 2 and 2 together. Decided to test it for one day and see what happened. There was such a noticeable difference that it couldn't be ignored anymore.

Here's where it gets interesting though.

I called the doctor's office twice last week. No one was available to talk to me so I left a message... twice.. stating that I was pretty sure I was having an allergic reaction to the meds. Both times I was told that either the nurse or doctor would get back to me. BOTH TIMES.....

No calls... nothing... Then our pharmacy called because they were confused about a med that was called in. I'd "hoped" that it was because he called and put me on a different thyroid med.

Nope.... Rather than call me back and verify what my issues were or make an appointment to see me he just called in the SAME med and dosage that I was already having an allergic reaction to.

That was the final straw of the last year of headache that this man has given me. So, I said that's it and called them up this morning and told them they wouldn't be seeing me again.

I'm on the fence about cancelling my headache doc too. She's only monitoring me at this point and that's something my GP can do when she's monitoring my thyroid numbers. I may go to my current scheduled appointment and then just tell her bye.

She's always been a great doc so I don't want to just call and say "you're fired" like I did with the other one.

I have to say though that the minute I said enough was enough and made this decision I felt as if a HUGE weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Time to take control of my care again instead of allowing someone to bully me into what I know isn't right for me.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:53 AM   #1392
Bike Tart

I'm so glad you fired that doctor....that's crazy that they didn't call you back! And it's unacceptable! I'm glad you feel good about it!

I got some good reading time in yesterday and I didn't do much else....I guess that means I'll have to do more today! I'm so far behind with everything right now because of all the stuff going on with Mom's passing and now the search for the will. I run out of energy so quickly lately so not enough gets done when I want it done.

I'm going to have DH get the outdoor bikes ready as soon as he has time to do it. We'll take them to the park and ride short routes there till I get strength back. I don't know that I'll ever be able to ride the long rides anymore but if I can work up to 10 mile rides I'll be happy. I really think that biking is the key to me getting my health back....I miss it so much! I eat better and I am so much less stressed when I can bike. And once I can do that, I will be able to do other strength training...kbs, TRX, etc. I also plan to get back to the treadmill....I had started good and then Mom passed and I just didn't try to fit it into my day. Time to get back to it!

We'll be eating the last of the ham today and then I'll decide what we'll be eating the rest of the week based on what we have in the fridge and freezer. Staying off the scale till the retention from the ham is gone!
Old 04-22-2014, 07:26 AM   #1393

Happy Tuesday!!

Really stressed while dealing with a hacked email account.

Heading out in a bit to take DD to the orthodontist.

Scale is up.. yup, I checked.

Probably the dinner we had last night though because I'm swollen.

Plus TOM is still here... so hopefully once it leaves and the swelling from the dinner leaves... I should be good to go. I'm also kicking things into high gear with diet and exercise.

I may not be going to the two docs that I had lined up before my trip but I still have one more appointment in July to keep. I'd like to be down something.. anything.. by then. Plus of course I'd like to at least be down to my pre-surgery weight by the trip.

So, I'm still trucking along. Hoping for some obvious progress soon.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:34 AM   #1394
Bike Tart

Good Morning! My day yesterday was not the best....had a mini meltdown about all the will/legal stuff in the afternoon, had a headache most of the day, didn't sleep well and so on. Around 2 a.m. I got up after laying in bed for almost an hour wide awake. I did a few chores and some serious thinking about all the legal stuff.

Yes, I will always be a bit angry about Mom leaving 1/4 of her estate to Stepfather....not so much the money he will get before he dies but the fact that when he dies and we sell her house his kids will get 1/4 of that! He is having a will drawn up that states anything he inherits from her on his death reverts back to us....hopefully that will be enough. But if money goes to his kids I need to just get over it. Mom apparently wanted him to get what he'll be getting although I don't understand it because she was very adamant that they keep their finances separate while alive and that they shared expenses 50/50....oh, well....it's not like there's millions to lose. She lived a very simple life and didn't have much....I just hate to see it going to his kids...but if it happens I'm not stressing about it.

DH mentioned getting the bikes ready before I even had a chance to bring it up! Maybe he'll get to work on them today! It's supposed to be in the low 70's today so I'm hoping to get some outdoor time! I need to sit out and soak up some sun....

Feet are puffy...not sure on menu today....will keep it simple if possible.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:41 AM   #1395

Happy Wednesday!!

Scale is back down today. I have 2lbs of TOM/Easter weight to come off then I'll consider myself going in the right direction. Again....

This has been a crazy week and it looks like it'll get even crazier.

I started therapeutic doses of coconut oil to help support my thyroid. It also has the side benefit of making me not hungry for a long time.

We'll see if it is really as good as it says. I also need to stick to my AIP protocol simply to keep my antibodies down.

It's a constant work in progress. At least my face is already showing signs of getting better.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:04 AM   #1396
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I need to get back to using coconut oil again....I do remember that when I was taking it regularly I felt better than I do now.

A lot of the puffiness is going away again....I can still feel it a little in my lower legs and the top of my feet are a little puffy but overall not bad.

I went through the last of the boxes that were at DS's house in search of the will. I'm going to wait till he gets back from his vacation to see if he has any other ideas of where it may be....if he doesn't, I'm calling the attorney on Monday or Tuesday to tell him we just can't find it.

We went to visit our niece that just had a baby on the 11th....oh, my....she's a tiny little baby with lots of hair! So cute! I didn't hold her because she was sleeping and I didn't want to disturb her just in case she would not go back to sleep. I'll go again soon and hold her....can't wait!

Today I'll be doing chores...all this searching through boxes has taken up time and I need to get my house back in order.

After doing a little more research, I'm wondering if I have Fibromyalgia instead of Polymyalgia Rheumatica. I joined a PMR group on FB and from reading there I just don't feel like I fit the PMR like they talk about. I'm not in constant pain, not taking meds right now....then someone posted a chart about Fibro and I have at least half of the symptoms....something more to discuss with the dr. next time I go. I have a couple of friends that have Fibro but we've never really talked about it...I'm going to talk to them a bit more to see what I can find out.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:42 AM   #1397

With my fibro I haven't had a day without pain since I was 14. The only thing that ever changes is the amount of daily pain.

But everyone is different some people have good days with no pain followed by bad days with varying levels of pain.

Also the pain from my fibro is very very different than the pain I get from my RA which I developed around the age of 17 or 18 I think. There are long periods of time where I had no RA and then I would get hit with flares. The older I get though the shorter the time between flares so it kind of overlaps with the Fibro.

Fun fun...
Old 04-24-2014, 05:31 AM   #1398

Happy Thursday!!

Last day of outside classes for the kiddos.

Scale is up because I got attacked by the Easter Bunny.

So did the hubby but he stayed the same... men...

Been doing research on how best to holistically support my thyroid and I pretty much knew most of it.

Just need to implement it all slowly and then be rechecked at my appointment in July.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:45 AM   #1399
Bike Tart

Good luck with the thyroid stuff! Hope it works for you!

I just don't know what my problems are....LOL! PMR or Fibro or hormonal or thyroid or what? So many things have the same symptoms and I seem to have a lot that overlap. So I'll just research more and see what I come up with!

Had a great massage today....although my legs seem to be a bit tender so a few spots hurt a bit during the massage. Overall it was great!

Not sure about food today....tried a new recipe for a gf wrap/tortilla....wasn't too bad but I may experiment with the recipe a bit more. It will be good for now and then when I want to have a wrap instead of just eating with a fork or using lettuce.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:45 AM   #1400

Happy Friday!!

Hope you can get everything figured out and on the way to healing.

I'm still exhausted from yesterday but it was fun.

Scale is down for today but I don't expect it to ever stick any more. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Not much planned other than catching up with housework and school work. Then we have graduation to attend tomorrow.

And already we have kids wanting to get together with our kids during spring/summer break which is frustrating because I have SO MUCH to do. But in reality I'm happy they have friends they want to get together with so much.

But seriously... I need time to get them through the end of their school year, get the house stuff done, and pack as if we're moving.... just in case. Then some how squeeze some play dates in there as well.

Wish me luck.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:12 AM   #1401
Bike Tart

This is such a busy time of year for so many people! Glad your kids have friends that want to get together! You'll get it all worked out, I'm sure!

I weighed and am down 2 lbs. so that makes it still 2 lbs to go to the lowest low....not bad. I'd like to say I'll just keep doing what I've been doing but I'm not quite sure what I did! LOL! So I'll just do my best.....

Have to go for a mammogram this morning.....ugh! But it's a necessary thing....with having 4 family members that have had breast cancer I can't skip it....you just never know.

I'm taking the weekend off from dealing with Mom's papers. It's driving me nuts trying to think about where her will might be so my head needs a break! Going to work on cleaning up my house and getting ready to clean closets.

It's getting closer to new grandbaby time! She is due May 10th but I don't think she's going to make it that long. They are going to call us when labor starts and then we'll get down there as soon as we can. Her parents will be there ahead of time to watch Ruth. We are in charge of bringing Kayli to meet her new baby sister so we have to work around the school schedule. I'm just getting really excited to meet this new grandbaby!
Old 04-26-2014, 12:58 AM   #1402
Bike Tart

Just getting ready to go to bed...I hate being up so late! I think the scale will be up when I wake....had french onion soup at book club....not weighing till Monday. I think I'll call Monday my official weigh in day.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:33 AM   #1403

Happy Saturday!!

Scale was up but I'm also swollen and fighting a migraine. So, basically not surprised.

Really hope I'm over the migraine by the time we have to go to the Variety Show and Graduation tonight.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:31 AM   #1404
Bike Tart

Today is garbage day here....we don't have pick up....have to take it to the local garbage drop off....I had to clean out the fridge this morning....because of the crazy month we've had so many things went bad and had to be tossed. So I guess I will have to go to the store. DH is heading to Menard's for some water heater parts so I'll ride along and we'll stop at the grocery store on the way back. We need paper towel and TP, too. I have some veggies that aren't quite so fresh but good for soup so I'm going to get a few more veggies to add in and get that cooking when we get back. Going to put some chicken and salsa in the crockpot for tonight's dinner, too.

I'm a little achy today....one of my friends in Book Club has fibro and after some discussion she said she has some books and literature to loan me....I still wonder if I have that or if it really is PMR? I just think it seems more like fibro....the PMR support group I joined on FB is very depressing and I don't feel like I really fit the description of what they are going through. Something more to discuss with the dr. when I go next...

Better go get dressed so I can go along with DH....have a good day! Hope your migraine goes away!

Oh....got a text from DS earlier this morning....the ship was back in port and they were waiting to get off....I'm not sure if they will be back tonight or tomorrow sometime....I'm looking forward to hearing about the cruise and seeing pictures!
Old 04-27-2014, 05:38 AM   #1405

Happy Sunday!!

1wk later and I'm still dealing with Easter candy fallout. Hoping to start fresh tomorrow.

I don't know why I let it get to me this year. Usually it's Halloween that's my issue. Rest of the year the candy that comes out doesn't bother me that much. Maybe it's all the stress I've been under.

Anyway, all the candy is out of the house. Including the discounted candy that the kids bought with their own money. Thank goodness.

Now to start fresh and give the next 9wks(till hubby's retirement) and 11wks till my doc appointment my all. I need to stick to strict AIP in order to have the absolute best numbers possible. That's why I'm doing this... not for the weight. At least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself when the weight doesn't budge... as usual...
Old 04-27-2014, 08:25 AM   #1406
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I'm heading to the store in a few minutes to get the stuff to make a belated birthday lunch for DS1.....he's back from the cruise and coming over to tell us all about it! Can't wait to hear all about it!

The lunch request is off plan food but I only make it for his birthday so I'm just going to enjoy lunch and get back on plan at dinner time. I've tried to figure out how to make this dish lower carb and it just doesn't work. But if I'm eating off plan it's worth it to me! I won't make dessert and maybe I'll make some burger patties or salad to go with it (it's a pasta dish) so we have a little balance.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:03 AM   #1407
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Heading out in a few minutes for a meeting with Mom's financial guy and then a stop by Stepfather.

First official weigh in day....scale up 2 from last Friday but it was expected so I'm not upset. It's actually better than I thought it would be.

I'm having a shake right now....I think I put a bit too much kombucha in it but other than that it's tasty! My other meals aren't decided yet....will see what I have time to make once I get back...DH works today so I hope to get back early enough to make a good lunch for us.

Better get going...have to leave in about 15 minutes and I'm not dressed yet!
Old 04-28-2014, 10:11 AM   #1408

Happy Monday!!

Hope the meeting goes well. I'm sure that 2lbs will be off in no time.

I'm technically down on the scale but not any significant amount really. I feel better having cleaned up my act so that's something.

Unfortunately we have the movies with people we're not really close to tomorrow. Normally I would take something that fits my plan with me but I would feel weird doing that with "strangers. I normally wouldn't worry because we still buy enough junk for the guys to more than make up for me not eating it.

I think I do remember the theater having beef jerky last time we went. It's not awesomely clean but it's better than popcorn and chocolate. Now lets see if I can keep my hands out of the hubby's popcorn.

Workout today is 45 minutes of cardio. Kids and hubby will do it on the bike and I will probably do walk away the pounds or something similar. I'd rather go outside and walk but the weather is yucky today.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:24 PM   #1409
Bike Tart

The meeting went well....also ended up going to see about ordering her headstone. DS1 had the day off from work so he went with me for both. It was nice to spend part of the day with him!

I wasn't as on plan as I wanted to be today....I'm over it now but tomorrow will be sort of a problem because we are going to the Italian American Ladies Auxiliary salad luncheon...MIL belongs and got tickets for us. I know the salads will not include much of anything that resembles an on plan dish! I'll do the best I can.

Got talking with DS when he was here yesterday about all the sorting and organizing I want to do and that we want to turn the computer room back into a bedroom. After much discussion we realized we could bring the daybed from Kayli's room to the computer room and give her the double bed I bought for at Mom's house when I had to sleep there. After talking to my sister tonight she said she will make a quilt for the bed....she has a lot of fabric to use up and offered!

The weather is yucky here, too....are you getting the bad storms by you?

Well, I guess I'm going to get off the computer and straighten up the kitchen and head to bed at a decent time for a change! I want to also get the crockpot going overnight with veggie broth...
Old 04-29-2014, 04:03 AM   #1410

Happy Tuesday!!

The weather is definitely yucky here but so far it's not too severe.

We have the movies with the kid's friends this afternoon. Unfortunately the weather is causing a migraine for me and awful nausea with it.

I'll take my migraine meds here at home. Then I'll take extra and some earplugs to the theater with us.

If it wasn't going to be girls and guys meeting up I would just stay home and let the hubby go and supervise. Unfortunately that's not an option since both kids are meeting friends there.

Oh well... The things we do for our "babies".