Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 06:17 AM   #1351
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Good Morning! Today I'm taking DIL for a massage....I'll bring my kindle so I can read while I'm waiting for her. Then we're picking up my Aunt so she can come and stay with us till Friday. DS1 is coming over to help DH watch Ruth while we're gone.

We're still eating leftovers from the weekend....I'm looking forward to getting back on track! Of course I really could just get back on track right now! I am easing my way back....it's just easier right now to eat the leftovers.

I have some stretches to do twice a day for my neck and upper back. Will do those in a few minutes.

I was talking with DIL about getting a half cow....she and DS got one last year and are planning on getting another in a couple of months. They also want to get a half pig this year. They have a big garden, too. I really want to get a half cow but need to get a freezer first. So maybe next year....we don't have the money for the freezer or the cow right now. Need to get the roof done first. DS1 said we'll do a raised bed garden at his house but probably not till next year....he doesn't even have a lawn yet. But I'm thinking that once we can get the garden and the meat we can eat even healthier!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2014, 04:46 AM   #1352
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Happy Wednesday!!

Scale is mean... nuff said....

I gave myself permission to eat as much as I wanted of AIP friendly foods yesterday in order to get through the stress of the first day back at the beginning.

Woke up swollen and hurting this morning. Probably residual left over from the weekend of going off AIP.

Hopefully swelling, etc will be gone tomorrow and the scale will be back on track. I'm not due to try on the current goal jeans until Friday but I have to say that they'll probably be very disappointing as well.

It doesn't help that I didn't even attempt yesterday's workout. I got so busy putting everyone else through their paces that I forgot about myself until it was too late to do it.

If I'm going to make any progress I need to get my workouts done in the morning before I start taking care of everyone else.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:09 AM   #1353
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Good Wed. to you. Don't worry it will all come off in a day or too when your body catches up with you. We all need a break or we would go crazy. The work outs will be there when you are ready and the swelling will probably go down today. Have a great day.
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:18 AM   #1354

Thanks for the words of support.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:52 AM   #1355
Bike Tart

Our new roof is done! They started early yesterday morning and were done just as it was starting to get dark last night! The gutters and stuff still need to be done but I don't know when they are coming back for that. I'm sure DH knows all the details.

We went to my cousin's house last night for dinner....had a great time. They made soup and had a side salad to go with it. I brought a cake for dessert. Ruthie had a lot of fun playing with my cousin's son who is in his early 20's....she spent the evening bossing him around! He was a good sport to go along with her! LOL!

Some of the puffiness is going away finally although my food choices have still not been the best. Some of my in-laws are going on a diet because they are going on a cruise later in the month....I may do it with them even though I'm not going on the cruise. I will have to do a bit more research because they found one that is called raw vegan till dinner and then you can eat animal products. I don't think I want to do that exactly as listed but I may do similar. They are doing it just to lose weight for the cruise where I will be doing it to jumpstart my loss again. I'm going to look on Pinterest to see what recipes I can come up with before I decide.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:19 AM   #1356

Happy Thursday!!

That diet sounds interesting. Hope it works out for your jump start.

Scale is doing it's usual inching down after jumping up. I'm so tired of it never making any "real" progress.

So, I had taken the weekend off from AIP and just did normal Paleo/Primal. I didn't think it did that much damage until I tried to do my workouts this week. I hurt so bad in all my joints.

I've been back on AIP for a few days now so I'm hoping the inflammation and pain will ease back up soon. I have learned my lesson and will remain on AIP no matter what. I may continue calorie rotations that I seem to naturally do some days. However I will always eat AIP. It's just not worth the pain to do otherwise.

I'm not sure how this will affect my approach to our trip this summer though. It's not going to be easy to be strict and travel. Then both our families will expect us to eat out at least a couple times. That's pretty much impossible when you can't guarantee what spices or oils are used in the cooking. ugh...

I'll get it figured out eventually but for right now I'm just focusing on AIP and getting healthy.

I did my yoga and meditation this morning even though it hurt. I will try to do some body weight training before we head out for errands. Then I will make sure that I do as much walking as possible while we're out.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:35 AM   #1357

Happy Friday!!

So, I obviously need to find a constructive way to deal with stress.

I joked with the family that we are now doing "2-a-days". That's 2 workouts a day in addition to yoga and meditation. I figure if I keep my body doing what it's supposed to do I won't have time to stress.

I doubt I'll push the family that hard but I do think extra walks and extra yoga are a must at this point.

Today is 10 minutes of intense strength plus I didn't get my cardio in yesterday due to "issues". So, I'll do KBs and kill two birds with one stone.

Scale is slowly coming back down but I've kind of given up on that. Until I see an obvious NEW low I will not hold out any hope that it won't just go back up when it feels like it.

Today is also goal pants try on day but we'll see if I actually do it. I'm kind of dreading it.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:29 AM   #1358
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Dropped my Aunt off at the airport this morning....DS and family are here till Sunday after lunch...my sister is coming tomorrow afternoon to go to Kayli's play with us. I imagine she'll head back home Sunday morning.

I've got thank you notes to do for all the donations so maybe I'll work on them today. I also have PT later this morning. We're just doing stretches and the zappy muscle machine for now. Adding exercises next week.

I did a little searching for raw vegan foods to see if I really want to try that plan and I think I'll pass. That food is just too time intensive to prepare and there wasn't much that really appealed to me.....I'll stick with shakes for breakfast, a normal low carb lunch and either shakes, eggs or just a salad for dinner.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #1359

Happy Saturday!!

Had to chuckle a little about the raw vegan thing. I could just picture you looking at recipes going, "Uh Nope... Not for me!!"

Scale hates me... body hates me... Trying not to let a surprise allergy attack get me down but it's kind of hard. Upping my usual ways of dealing with this crud. It just surprised the heck out me.. I'm usually so good at keeping it to very very little issues every year. We must have mutant pollen this year.

Needless to say I'm not currently 100% AIP. I'm just trying to keep it mostly Paleo... not dairy since that just makes the snotties worse. I did allow some diet soda to help cut the snot in my throat. Tea just wasn't cutting it anymore.

Hopefully I'll get this tamped back down again in a day or two.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #1360
Bike Tart

We took Ruthie roller skating this morning! She had so much fun! It was her first time skating and she did really good. I've got a few pics for FB....

Less puffy today but is it just my body adapting to the carbs? I don't know....

Kayli's play is tonight...DS said he'll cook supper tonight....chicken fajitas! My sister is coming to town to go to Kayli's play and will spend the night...
Old 04-06-2014, 05:16 AM   #1361

Happy Sunday!!

Can't wait to see the roller skating pictures. Hope you had fun at Kayli's Play.

Scale is being a smidge nicer. I hope that what ever it's issue was is over now. I still have time to make a difference for both my doctor's appointments in June and my trip in July.

Let's do this!!
Old 04-07-2014, 01:47 AM   #1362
Bike Tart

Everyone has gone home.... I really enjoyed having them all here and I'll see Ruthie again this weekend because we're going there to visit and for DH to help them take down a small tree.

Food is still not the greatest but this week I'll get back on track. I can't buy too much food since we'll be gone next weekend but I can at least a few things tomorrow. I think we used up the last of several things today before the kids left. I had planned on going to the store after they left but fell asleep in the recliner. I guess I was more tired than expected....and now it's the middle of the night and I'm up...

Kayli's musical was outstanding! So glad we could go to it! We couldn't take pics during the show so I got a couple after....
Old 04-07-2014, 05:26 AM   #1363

Happy Monday!!

Glad you had such a good time with everyone!!

My scale shocked the heck out of me this morning. After the continuous up and up... followed by the teeny tiny drop... I really didn't expect much this morning.

Lo and Behold I'd dropped 4lbs!!

Have no clue why but I'll take it.

I'm not in any new territory yet but I can't hope that it'll continue and get me there soon.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #1364
Bike Tart

Congrats!!! Hope it continues on that downward spiral!

I got all the thank you notes done and mailed! Yay! Made an appt. with an attorney to help me with Mom's will, etc. Need to get everything done so I can move on with my life.

We went to the grocery store...a different one than usual because I love their produce dept. I don't really love the rest of the store so much so I doubt we'll go back there much. It's out of the way of most everything. But I did get some good produce and will be making a yummy salad tomorrow. Still using the last of the leftovers tonight....soup for dinner.

I finally tasted the vegetable juice drink I made last week....it was made with veggie broth, V8 and I added a bunch of seasonings....very good! I want to drink at least one a day....I added some turmeric to it and next time I think I'll add a bit of ginger, too.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:56 AM   #1365

Happy Tuesday!!

Glad the veggie juice came out good. Hope the appointment with the lawyer goes well.

Well, my scale is back up. It's only a small amount and I think I know why so I'm not stressing...too much...

We ended up taking yesterday as a break day since I was still dealing with the drama of my headcold/allergy crud.

But today I'm feeling much better and hope to get my workout in. Just means that we won't be taking Wednesday or Thursday as a rest day. No biggie....

I'm in the luteal phase part of the training and it suggests sprinting, interval training, and fast-paced weight training. I'm planning on a lot of KBs this week.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:09 AM   #1366
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I really miss doing kbs! I can't wait till I can start again. PT for me today...we're adding strength exercises.

The puffiness is going down even though I'm not all the way back on plan yet. I think it's bread that does it to me the worst. Haven't had any for several days now and although my lower legs are still a bit puffy, my feet and ankles don't look too bad.

DS1's birthday is Friday and I usually make him a dessert that Mom used to make. I can make it lower carb but now he wants to know if I can make it grain free! So I've been searching for some recipes that will be acceptable. I found a couple and I'm going to attempt to do it. One uses tapioca starch so it won't be really low carb but the first one is going to be a tweak on oopsie rolls. If that works he'll be happy! He's working hard at losing weight and has 2 more weeks before the cruise he's going on. He's already lost a little over 30 lbs and hopes to lose about 10-15 more if he can. I just told him to focus on eating right and exercising...not the scale! I also told him he can eat well and still stay low carb on the cruise. He doesn't have to eat carby stuff to enjoy his vacation!
Old 04-09-2014, 05:30 AM   #1367

Happy Wednesday!!

Hope the PT went well. Glad swelling is going down for you.

My scale is back down again. It's ridiculous at this point and I really should just stop weighing. Probably won't... but I should...

Not sore from yesterday's KBs so I'm going to go up on the weight. I didn't want to overdo it and ended up under doing it.

Not much else going on that's new. Need to finish cleaning and organizing the house top to bottom by the end of April because I need to also clean out and close a storage unit in town that we've been using to help us get through the recent renovations. It just became a place to store junk and I can't afford it anymore... so it's gotta go.

Also need to get the school year headed towards a wrap up. Plus it's big test time so need to start prepping for that.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:50 AM   #1368
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I have 2 stretchy band exercises added to my PT now....easy enough to do...I hate going so slow on everything but I know I have to. I want to jump in with a kb workout so bad! I have to get strength in both upper and lower body before I do.

Food is going ok. Most of the swelling is gone now and I'm convinced that eating bread affects me much more than pasta. I had the last of the pasta yesterday....no bread since probably last Thursday and the swelling started going down after I stopped the bread. Not that I'll eat pasta all the time but I think I'll worry less about being in a pasta situation....bread is out for sure!

My BIL posted a before/after pic on FB yesterday....he and SIL have been dieting for about 6 months. I think they started out low fat (they always did low fat in the past) but decided to give lc a try and he's lost 50 lbs! He looks fantastic (he didn't look that bad before, either). Anyways, I know that they started doing this because they are going on the same cruise that DS is going on (there's about 40 or so going together). I just hope they don't jump back to eating the way they used to and gain it all back!
Old 04-10-2014, 04:11 AM   #1369

Happy Thursday!!

And the scale is up... I'm also very swollen from dinner last night. But it was a very yummy dinner.

Kids have outside classes today so I'm hoping to get more clean out done of their rooms. I only do that when they're gone because otherwise it becomes, "But I need that!!". Even for silly stuff.

Workout planned today is KBs. Nothing new or exciting there.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #1370
Bike Tart

Had a good massage today and a good PT session! Now I have to get packed for our weekend visit with DS2 and family. Just made arrangements with Kayli for shopping and pedicure on Monday...she's going on a cruise with DS1 and a bunch of other in-laws of mine and her belated Christmas gift is pedicure and fancy outfit for the cruise! DH and I were invited to go on the cruise but when they were booking it I couldn't commit because of Mom....so he and I will have a quiet Easter at home...just the 2 of us! He has to work that weekend anyways....so it will really be just me on Easter!

Time to go make some dinner, clean up the house and pack for the weekend! I'm bringing Easter goodies to Ruthie this weekend! Can't wait to see her open them!
Old 04-11-2014, 04:20 AM   #1371

Happy Friday!!

Glad you had such a good massage.

I kind of went off the rails food wise this week. No excuses... Just pulling myself up by the bootstraps and moving forward and hopefully downward.

8wks till my appointment and 13 until my b'day. There's still enough time to turn this around and I will.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #1372
Bike Tart

Almost ready to leave for DS2's house....it's a 6 hour drive so we'll get there in the evening...hopefully Ruthie will still be up when we get there!

I've packed a bunch of things that should help me stay on plan this weekend.

I got on the scale finally and was only 4 lbs up from the lowest I've seen this year....not bad for the past month of eating poorly. I've had bounces bigger than that....still a little tiny bit puffy in my feet and that won't go away till next week...I'm sure it may get a bit worse while traveling.

Better go get lunch made....as soon as DH gets back from gassing up the car we'll eat a quick lunch (salad with chicken) and hit the road....bringing my iPad so I'll be online a little while we're gone!
Old 04-12-2014, 05:17 AM   #1373

Happy Saturday!!

Hope you had a safe trip.

Things got back track yesterday. No change on the scale though. Probably drop the swelling today. I hope.

Tons to do....
Old 04-13-2014, 04:12 AM   #1374

Happy Sunday!!

Scale is being mean again... I'm gaining and swollen and not really sure why. I give up.....

I'll just keep plugging along with eating healthy and working out. There's no other choice really. I can only hope that eventually my body will figure things out.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:41 PM   #1375
Bike Tart

We had a great weekend! So much fun with Ruthie! I ate good about 99% of the time....had to eat a cookie that Ruthie gave me and I had a couple of small pretzel sticks...and a scoop of ice cream...other than that I did good.

Puffy from being in the car so long but that will be gone in a day or two. Working on a grocery list so I can shop on Tuesday. I bought a new bagged lettuce mix last week that I want to get again. It's chopped salad with greens, cabbage, a small amount of shredded carrot and some chopped snow peas. It was so good and filling! I could probably get 3-4 salads from the bag and then add a lot of other extras to make it into a full meal.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:53 AM   #1376

Happy Monday!!

Hope some of the puffiness is starting to subside today.

I chose not to weigh today or ever again. I have too much going on in my life to let that stupid scale rule me. I've already had hubby hide it so that it's no longer an issue. He still has a scale in the upstairs bathroom but I don't use it because it's always weighed me heavier. Where as mine was closer to the doctors scale.

Anyway, it is what it is. No time to stress about a number. I have to eat as healthy as possible and workout. While also dealing with the upheaval of life as we know it.

Like I said... I no longer have time for that thing dictating my life. Time to go live my life free of it.

However I will share when I have moved into a smaller size. I doubt it will happen but if it does I will celebrate!!

I'm going hardcore Kettlebells these days because I need to get stronger quickly. There are some things that may be happening in my family's future that require me to be strong both physically and mentally.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:16 AM   #1377

Happy Tuesday!!

Didn't weigh again today. Find it strange not to do that part of my morning routine. It's so ingrained in me that I feel a bit lost and stare at the floor where the scale would be for a moment before moving on.

Eating is on track but I'm planning some tweaks here and there as I'm ready. I hope to eventually be back to traditional low carb. I have some healthy whole foods I need to eat up such as sweet potatoes and bananas. But once they are out of the house the potatoes won't come back unless the guys want them and the bananas will be cut back to only enough for hubby and the kids. I'm also cutting out any natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup. I'll be full AIP plus very little to no sugar if I can help it. Think meat and green veggies for the most part. I'm also going to work on getting all my vitamins in. I'm doing really well with the fermented cod liver oil. Need to get better about my Vitamin D and B's.

Didn't get to my extra workouts yesterday. Just the yoga that I do as a matter of course every morning. I'm still trying to get into doing it at bedtime nightly but I find I'd rather just fall in bed.

I've got KBs on the agenda for today and I'm reviewing Jillian's 30 day shred to see if I'm ready for that. Probably not.

I also ran up on my Walk Away The Pounds~Abs DVD along with the ab belt that came with it so I may add that onto my afternoon routine. Especially on days like today that are too yucky to go outside.

Now I'm off to get my morning routine done. Get the kiddos moving for the day. Then get to working on my projects in the closets/rooms. I'm finally making some "happy progress" up there. Yay!!

My hope is that I get all this stuff done. Get to the point where I can move furniture from one room to another and start pulling up carpeting and putting down flooring.

Can't afford the flooring but need to get it done to help with everyone's allergies.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:37 PM   #1378
Bike Tart

I thought I posted here yesterday....oh, well. Had appt. with Mom's attorney...need to find some papers and drop them off at the office. While you are busy with all your organizing be sure you have all your legal stuff up to date and together where someone can find it if needed. My Mom used to have her stuff organized but her dementia had her moving stuff and I can't even find her original will right now. I'm so frustrated. I had a talk with Stepfather to explain what we need to do and that he will need to make a will to be sure that anything he inherits from Mom comes back to us when he dies and doesn't go to his kids! Ugh! So much to do! I'm having a rough day because of all of this and I made myself a big adult beverage and I've had some cheese and a few crackers. It won't fix anything but right now it's what I need. I don't really have anyone to talk to in real life about all of this. DH and DS are sick of hearing about it although they try to be supportive. My siblings are supportive from a distance as long as it doesn't interfere with their lives so I am not comfortable talking to them. My best friend lives 5 hours away and it's hard to find time to talk. So today I'm down in the dumps because I'm so frustrated. I have 2 boxes here that I have to go through tonight....wish me luck!

Scale was down a half pound...looks like this will be going at a turtle's pace as usual.

I'm thinking I have eczema on my legs...it fits the symptoms....next time I go to the dr. I'll have him look at it. Geeze, one more thing to deal with....
Old 04-16-2014, 05:16 AM   #1379

Happy Wednesday!!

And yes I had to look at my calendar to make sure that was what day it is.

Hope you found the paperwork you were looking for.

Still not weighing here and I find it a bit liberating at this point. Of course it's only... day 3... I think... We'll see if I start begging hubby for the scale back by the end of the week.

Didn't get around to anything other than basic movement yesterday because of a sick little guy. He seems better today so I'll try to get something above and beyond my morning yoga.

I have to say that this crazy weather(and some dietary choices) is making my body hurt soooo bad that doing my yoga looks a lot like dragging a toddler kicking and screaming to the dentist.

But I'm still doing it and that's what counts.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:21 AM   #1380

PS>

Try the homemade lotion I posted on my FB page on your legs. Just scroll down until you see the link to my blog and then
go to "Trying it out Thursday". You should have most ingredients on hand or can easily pick them up.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 04-16-2014 at 05:23 AM..