Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 08:06 AM   #1261
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Looks like we're going today! DH said it won't be a problem so we're leaving in about 10 minutes or so. It's still very windy but other than that it seems good enough and hopefully by the time we get to the middle of the state it will be less windy.
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2014, 06:06 AM   #1262
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Every Day is a New Start
Happy Saturday!!

Hope you're having a fun trip.

Scale is coming down bit by bit. It was only a quarter of a pound today.

I'd really like closer to .3 or .5lbs each day but I'll take what I can get.

Today's workout is intense strength training. Tomorrow will be a 2hr hike at the beach.

My Autoimmune Protocol this week has brought my overall inflammation down which is nice.

The side effect of that unfortunately is noticing the joints that my arthritis affects even more so.

Hoping as the month goes on that the RA will start subsiding as well.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:37 AM   #1263

Good Morning!!

Scale is up today. Honestly not sure why.

I went ahead and took my measurements and those are down another 2 inches, off the hips, in only 5 days.

So, something is shifting around and I'm not going to stress. too much...

I'm wearing the next size down jeans and went ahead and pulled the next one out of my clothing box to hang on my goal hanger.

I still want to make this weeks goal by Thursday but again.. I'm not going to stress about it if my clothing is getting smaller again.

I even did something crazy. I know if things go well what size I'll be in by the time we travel this summer. So when we went shopping and I saw some really cute items on clearance I got them in my "summer size". I can't wait to wear them so they'll help keep me motivated.

Today is the 2hr hike on the beach. We have to wait until after lunch so it's warm enough. We also bought some camelbaks so that we can carry water and snacks. I almost got one of those little tripod chairs in case I had to sit down but then busted out laughing when imagining my big ole booty on that itty bitty thing. I'll just sit on the sand.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 02-23-2014 at 04:41 AM..
Old 02-23-2014, 03:18 PM   #1264
Bike Tart

We're home! Had a fun weekend....so glad we went...the drive wasn't bad at all other than wind and cold. I am pleased that I ate mostly on plan and what wasn't on plan was only small portions of potato or rice. No grains at all! I wasn't perfect but I feel like I did great. I'm not puffy after all the hours in the car so that's good!

I was reading your link on FB about the nightshades and I'm thinking I may try giving them up to see if it helps....I'm not happy about giving up more things but I want to see if it will make a difference. I just have to figure out when it will be a good time to do it. I have some peppers to use up and I will hate giving up cayenne but I can do it for a month, I think!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
Old 02-24-2014, 04:47 AM   #1265

Happy Monday!!

Glad you had such a good weekend.

Going nightshade free is hard. I won't lie. And you can't eat a lot of processed stuff unless they say all natural and don't have the word "spices" on it. That's usually code for Paprika which is made from a nightshade.

I've had some pouty, foot stomping moments when I realized some of my regular paleo stuff is no longer allowed because of that one technicality.

The scale is back down what it was up yesterday. So I'm basically holding steady. I could be upset about that since it's not hitting my goal for the week.... BUT.... I just had a 2hr hike yesterday which has left my muscles sore and holding fluid. Plus TOM is supposed to show up this week.

So, I'd say holding steady when normally I have a 5lb gain is probably a good thing.

Today is a 45 minute ride on the stationary bike. Then if the weather is okay we have a family walk after dinner. If not we'll compete on the Wii Fit or Dance.

The skillet breakfasts were nice last week. This week I'm going the easy route and pre-cooking a lot so that I can just toss it together in the skillet or microwave to warm up. Going to be a busy week and don't want to really fuss much with meals.

I'm also back to daily rotations food wise. What that will mean is maybe skipping a meal or two every other day but I won't count calories unless it becomes necessary.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:34 AM   #1266
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Happy to report that the scale is the same! Usually on travel weekends I'm up at least 1-2 lbs. So staying grain free is definitely the way to go for me.

I'm still not sure about eliminating nightshades....it sounds good but I know it might be a little too much for me. I don't have any autoimmune issues and to be honest it would be really challenging to give up tomatoes and cayenne pepper. I just don't know what I want to do yet so maybe for now the best would be to just stick with what I'm doing and see how it goes. Maybe cut back on the nightshades a lot instead of all the way? Not sure....

I am going to get on the rebounder for a bit today....actually as soon as I'm done here. I'll try to do 10 minutes. It will be challenging today because on Saturday morning I got a really, really bad charley horse in my right calf...my calf still hurts and I can't fully stretch it out yet. I don't know what caused it....I have noticed that in the past several months muscles are randomly cramping up for no apparent reason...so I have to be gentle with the rebounding and any other exercise I try to add in. I'm really getting tired of my body not cooperating!

DH had to go to work at 7 a.m. for training and has to go again tomorrow for more training. He was supposed to be off today and tomorrow so he'll be taking off Wed/Thurs. instead which will give him 5 days off because the coming weekend is a scheduled weekend off. All of this means the meals will be a bit different for me today and tomorrow. I'll have a smaller lunch and bigger dinner....breakfast is a cup of sf hot cocoa with coconut oil and some powdered gelatin mixed in. Have to figure out what to make for my other meals.

Going to Mom's this morning so I'm off to get my rebounder time and then shower and go!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:43 AM   #1267

What I would suggest is to get an arsenal of nightshade free recipes. Don't necessarily "avoid" the nightshades but have alternatives at the ready. You may find you don't mind switching out the spices and/or trying alternatives to tomatoes.

The tomato sauces and our family's favorite seasoning mix(garlic, sea salt, pepper, and paprika) were the hardest for me. My guys have the hardest time giving up their hot sauce so I didn't require it of them. However, I have noticed that they aren't using it as much though.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:42 AM   #1268
Bike Tart

Thanks! I'll do some more research and see what I want to do once I know more....I guess I'm just trying to find more ways to be more successful....
Old 02-25-2014, 04:28 AM   #1269

Happy Tuesday!!

I think it gets easier once you dial in each level. Let's say you've been grain free for a while and you decide you want to be dairy free. Then after you've got that dialed in you decide I'll get rid of nuts and seeds. Finally, hey, I'll get rid of nightshades now.

That's kind of how I went when I knew I was heading towards full Autoimmune Protocol. And I mean full... We've done it before where I allowed seeds and cross reactives.. and therefore pepper, coffee, and chocolate.

This time I decided to just take it all the way. I really needed a reset and to see exactly what's causing me issues.

I could have done FODMAP free as well but that would have been awful.

I may still consider it, if after I've done all the testing I find that I'm still not feeling 100%.

But for right now I can only take out so much without throwing a temper tantrum.

Other than that... Scale is up 2lbs but I can feel all the signs that TOM will start any second now. So no issues.

Yesterday's workout went great. Though my booty is sore from that exercise bike. I think I'll need to invest in a gel seat if we're going to be doing that a couple times a week.

Today's workout is 30 minutes intense strength training using Essential Movements with Body Weight. I'm actually pretty excited about that.

We also have the usual walk after dinner but I think it'll end up being something indoors again. Weather turned yucky yesterday and it's looking like snow yet again. We never get this much snow around here so it boggles the mind.

Oh and we're trying to figure out the Sprint schedule. Normally sprints would be done on Fridays but the parks near our house have soccer practice for multiple teams on Fridays so it would be too crowded. We thought about using our backyard but it just isn't big enough. So we're thinking about either taking Friday as a second rest day or switching with the Saturday's heavy lifting day. Then going to the park early Saturday morning before everyone else gets there. Just not sure I can wake everyone up that early.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 02-25-2014 at 04:33 AM..
Old 02-25-2014, 04:53 AM   #1270
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Scale is the same....for some reason I have a feeling it's going to just hang there at that spot for a while no matter what I do.

I talked with DH last night and decided to just cut back a bit more on the nightshades for now....I'm still getting used to no grains and it just isn't practical for me to do separate meals for us....I can't expect him to give everything up just because I'm trying another thing....

I slept terrible last night....upper arms, shoulders, neck area hurt a lot....I'm going to have to break down and take some Aleve this morning...my dr. appt. is next month so if this doesn't get any better we'll be having a chat to see what to do next. I'm really tired and have to go to Mom's today so no nap this morning....hopefully I can nap when I get home.

We aren't supposed to get any snow for now but it's going to get bitter cold again....I know this cold isn't helping my mood! I want to be warm again! I'm having some problems with my skin being itchy lately....it's been going on since last fall and I had at first thought that the cat brought fleas in the house so we treated everything. Now I think it's a reaction to something in the hot tub treatments. That's weird because we've been using the same stuff since we got the hot tub....I wonder if the the formula was changed in some way. So far just using a cortisone cream has helped...last night I took a good shower after we got in and had DH scrub my back...it helped some but I have a few areas that still itch...not happy about it at all....the only good thing is that since I had the shower at 1 a.m. I don't have to go take one now! LOL!
Old 02-25-2014, 05:10 AM   #1271

Adjustments can be done for most things so that you're not cooking separate meals. But you wait and do what you are comfortable doing. No need to push it.

I will give an example of how we work around it.

The other night we made chicken thighs. The family likes them done one of two ways.

Either done in a mustard glaze where all I have to do is eliminate the pepper and it's completely on plan for me

or

They like it with a pat of butter, sea salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper.

We always cooks two trays for left overs.

What DH did was one tray was done the traditional way. Then the other tray was done with a pat of coconut oil, sea salt, and garlic powder.

So we weren't technically cooking two separate meals and everyone got what they needed/wanted.

Win/Win

The only real issue is when you start having to deal with tomatoes in any way. Beets are nice but you just can't get that tomato flavor any other way.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:33 AM   #1272

Happy Wednesday!!

Well, I'm back down 1 of the 2lbs I went up for TOM. That's a good sign.

And it's definitely visiting.

Today is a rest day but I'll be on my feet most of the day and will try to have some general movement. Nothing structured just trying not to sit on my booty most of the day. But if TOM kicks that same booty and makes me actually rest I won't stress.

In general I'm doing good and on track. Now to see if I can get the rest of my life back on track. I'm beyond ready for spring cleaning both this house and school work.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:18 AM   #1273
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Man, it's cold here again! Below zero and sunny....so tired of this and so ready for it to be warm!

Didn't weigh yet...will do it in a few minutes. Waiting for a call from the visiting dr. office to find out what time frame I have to be at Mom's today. DH is off work till Monday and is going to drop me off at Mom's while he goes to DS's house to do a few things and then come back for me. Maybe we can go out to lunch!

I think the hardest part of giving up nightshades would definitely be tomatoes....I shouldn't worry about separate meals because we often don't eat the same thing...just rambling out loud! I've decided that right now probably isn't a good time to do this because things are declining with my Mom and I have a feeling it won't be much longer before she passes. I will be up to my eyeballs with her affairs and won't be able to concentrate on changes to my diet....best to stay with low carb and try new stuff later on.

Glad you're getting things back on track!
Old 02-27-2014, 05:11 AM   #1274

Happy Thursday!!

You do what ever is best for you. Hope I'm not coming across as pushing an agenda on you. Just want to be helpful if that's the direction you want to go in. But I'm happy with what ever makes you happy.

Scale has inched down some more so that now my official TOM weight is only .5lb so that's awesome.

Yesterday was a rest day but I showed the kids how to do planks properly and then proceeded to do some yoga because the mat was already out. Made my back a bit sore but otherwise I'm good.

Today is a 45 minute ride on the spin bike. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to feel my booty after that. We'll be looking for one of those big booty gel seats this weekend.

Still doing awesome with the AIP so nothing to report there other than my pain is continuing to ease up. So that's sweet.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:47 AM   #1275
Bike Tart

So glad that your pain is easing! I can only stand to do about a half hour on an indoor bike....definitely longer outdoors (well, not now but back when I was riding!).

I know you're not pushing anything on me....I like that you have info and experience or I wouldn't have even brought it up.

Yesterday I had to make a difficult decision for Mom and it left me feeling out of sorts for a while. She is severely dehydrated and I had to turn down an IV for her. She was specific years ago when she said no extra measures and this is considered one if we are doing comfort care only. It was hard to refuse it but the IV would only prolong things a little more and I really think she wouldn't want that.

I had ongoing issues with what Stepfather feeds her but have tried not to interfere because he's doing the best he can. He always makes her very bland food and the RN said that we should give her sweet things because as we get older (and especially when ill) that we lose our taste for most everything but sweet. He has been complaining that she doesn't eat much so yesterday I had him give her some canned pineapple that he had...she gobbled it up! So I told him I would make baggies of cut up fruit to feed her instead of the stuff he usually feeds her....it will serve two purposes...she will eat so he will be relieved and it will get more liquid into her which will also make him happy. He usually gives her watered down Pepsi (which is disgusting!) that he warms up....she often spits it out. I told him to give her watered down juices instead. I hope he'll do that...will get the RN to tell him the same because he'll listen to her.

Not sure what I'll be eating today....have a few things to choose from. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch yesterday and while it was not bad, it isn't something we'll do again unless we're going with others...I can make better food and there is a different wing place that we like more. It was just average and it was a bit pricey.

I do have a part of a steak leftover so maybe my breakfast will be steak and eggs!
Old 02-28-2014, 04:33 AM   #1276

Happy Friday!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. I know all this is super hard for you. Big and coming your way!!! Is there anyone your Mom may be holding on for??

I know once my grandfather knew that my daughter and I were home and okay, after she was born, he finally just let go. I was so sad and also angry because he didn't wait to see her... but yet relieved because he no longer had to suffer. But he also wasn't at the point that your Mom is at either. He was in and out of it but still had lucid moments. Although he often mistook me for my grandmother. They used that to their advantage sometimes when he wouldn't cooperate.

Anyway, scale is coming down slowly but steadily here. In fact I'm back within kissing distance of the next set of tens again. Even with TOM still in town. Let's hope I can actually break through this time and keep on going.

The fun thing is I'm not really counting calories. Though I can tell I'm naturally eating more some days and less others. So I'm sort of cycling still but I have no clue how many actual calories I'm eating each day.

Our workout yesterday was interesting. Nobody's heart was in it because they were all concerned about school. I think I'll need to rework the schedule so that rest day falls on outside classes day.

The official schedule for today "would" be the sprints but those will be easier to do tomorrow morning.

So, here's what I'm thinking:

Today: the 45 minute bike ride or some other similar activity
and the intense lifting for 10 minutes if everyone feels up to it

tomorrow: if not done today the 10 minute strength session followed
by the sprints(30 minutes including warm up and cool down)

Sunday: 2hr hiking/walking session... where will be determined by weather.

I'll have to sit down with the Primal workout schedule and see if I can work it around our schedule a little better.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:01 AM   #1277
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Scale is the same....I'm thinking stress is still a big factor for me right now....even though I don't stress eat, my body is just messed up and with my stress and sleep issues I'm just not going to lose much till all that is resolved.

I think Mom is hanging on because Stepfather keeps saying he wants to go first...he doesn't want to be alone....and so on and so on....I keep telling her that all will be taken care of if she needs to go.... I hate to say this but ideally he does need to go first and then take her with because I will still have to deal with him till he dies. They are living in Mom's house and he can live there till he dies unless he remarries. I'm just tired of all of it....

Not sure what I'll be eating today...heading to town for a massage and then book club tonight! I hope there will be something I can eat there! I know she is making either a pecan pie or pineapple upside down cake for dessert and I won't eat the cake but if she does pie I may just take a sliver and eat a couple bites of the filling...I can deal with sugar better than wheat....I don't want to do either but I will cave because she is such a dear friend and it hurts her feelings if I would refuse it all....have to decide on the least of the evils....
Old 03-01-2014, 04:13 AM   #1278

Happy Saturday!!

Lots and lots of for ya sweetie!!

Scale is the same today. Although I'd love a loss every day it is nice to have no bounces followed by hopefully a loss.

TOM should be out the door any day now so I should see a whoosh with that gone. That whoosh may even take me down into the next set of 10's.

We've got sprints and some strength training today once it's warm enough to head to the base. Although I'm starting to wonder if we'll be doing them at home
since the weather isn't showing much of a warm up.

Tomorrow we'll be hiking/walking the botanical gardens or the zoo. Kids haven't decided which one yet.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 03-01-2014 at 04:25 AM..
Old 03-01-2014, 07:27 AM   #1279
Bike Tart

We've gotten more snow overnight and more to come later today....ugh! So tired of being cold and stuck in the house....

Scale is the same....I ate off plan last night. I guess I should just plan on it for book club nights. I didn't eat big portions but she had made beef sandwiches (already assembled and baked so I couldn't just take the beef and eat it)....appetizers were bread topped with cheese, squash and a fruit compote type thing....delicious and since we assembled our own I left off the bread. Dessert was pineapple upside down cake....had a small sliver with whipped cream. So at least I'm not up a few pounds!

Made protein shakes for breakfast....lunch for me will be leftover pork....will have to make something else for DH. Not sure what our dinner plans are yet....

Have to go help DS with a bunch of stuff today so we're heading out after lunch. There is a baby shower for my niece next weekend at DS's house and he needs help getting things ready.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:34 AM   #1280

Happy Sunday!!

Scale is the same today which is amazing. After all the stair sprinting and strength exercises I would have expected my muscles to be holding fluid today.

TOM is "almost" out the door so I still haven't had that whoosh yet. And still hoping to have one.

So, for me to stay on schedule for my b'day goals I just need 1.5 more off by Thursday. I don't think that's asking too much for 4 days. I hope not.

Today's workout is a 2hr walk/hike. We've decided since we need to run by a store over that way we'll just hit the beach again.

Although that is subject to change if we decide to stay closer to home for all our shopping.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:36 AM   #1281
Bike Tart

Waving hi! Scale is the same....well, about .5 down...I rarely count the ounces...

I changed the meals up a bit yesterday and ended up tweaking a recipe from Linda Sue's site to fit the ingredients I had on hand....I'm definitely going to make it like I did last night again! I used her taco bake recipe but only made the crust....topped it with shredded country style pork ribs and more shredded cheese and when it was done baking I added a dab of sour cream. DH added salsa to his, too, but I had an upset stomach earlier in the day and didn't want to aggravate anything by adding salsa.

We've had protein shakes the last few days for breakfast...using coconut milk, kombucha drink, aloe juice, protein powder and a bunch of powdered supps....very tasty! I'm hoping we can do these every morning...

Today's lunch will be the leftovers from last night....dinner will be decided once I see what needs to be used up. I'm putting a small beef roast in the crockpot for my lunches the next few days....DH prefers ground beef so the roast is just for me! Yay! I also need to start drinking my ACV/lemon water more often...

I'm sure you'll hit your goal! Have a fun day!
Old 03-03-2014, 07:07 AM   #1282

Happy Monday!!

Had my after TOM whoosh I was expecting and met my goal for Thursday 3 days early.

I expect to lose more since I'm not feeling up to eating today. So illness may put me ahead of the game.

It reminds me of this one quote from The Devil Wears Prada:

"I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight."

I wish I was that close to my goal weight.

Today is supposed to be a 45 minute ride on the bike and 15 minute walk after dinner.

I doubt I'll be one of the ones on the bike today and the walk is completely out because the weather is yucky.

So, I'll let the guys decide if they want to bike it or play on the Wii against each other.

Hoping this is just a 24hr thing and I'll be better tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #1283
Bike Tart

Hope you feel better soon! Congrats on the loss!!! Love the quote from Devil Wears Prada...I had forgotten about that!

Scale was down to a new low by half a pound...works for me! Had a shake again for breakfast and lunch was sauteed green beans and roast beef....it was delicious!

I'm thinking it may be time to go to a chiropractor....I've never been to one but I wonder if something is out of alignment? The massages help but now today I'm in a lot of pain again...had to take Aleve a little while ago. I'm going to contact my cousin because I think I remember her saying she really likes the chiro she goes to so I will get his info and contact him....

Dinner alone tonight so I'm just going to wait and see what sounds good at the time...
Old 03-03-2014, 04:44 PM   #1284
Bike Tart

Oh, no!!! I just got a call that my dr. appt. is Wed. morning! I thought it was on the 20th! Guess I'll be eating really light tomorrow! I'm not sure what the difference between their scale and mine is but I'm down about 15 lbs since I was there last....I was hoping for a bit more but I'll take it. I was really bloated last time I was there. I'm going to fast overnight so I can get the bloodwork over with, too....I've been much more careful with my food since the first of the year so I'm hoping I'll have better numbers....
Old 03-04-2014, 05:10 AM   #1285
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Scale is the same...thought it might be up because of the Aleve but it's not.

Breakfast will be a shake in a little while....lunch will be some sort of salad and chicken...dinner will probably be eggs or a shake....maybe another salad....who knows?!

Working on my list of non meat meals for Lent. It would really be so much easier if I liked fish or at least tuna. I'll make tuna salad for DH but will have to do egg salad and cheesy things for me. And lots of protein shakes!

Not sure if I'll go to the store today or tomorrow....probably tomorrow after my dr. appt. I had thought about going to a movie today but I'm not sure yet...it would cut into time with DH before he goes to work. When he wakes up I'll see what his plans are before I decide. I know he has someone coming over for a roof replacement estimate today (and the next 2 days)....now to find a money tree to pay for it!
Old 03-04-2014, 05:34 AM   #1286

Happy Tuesday!!

Sorry about the appointment but happy that you'll have a 15lb change. That's awesome!!

Hope the blood work goes well for you too.

Scale is down again today. So now that TOM is gone I'm back to steady daily losses. I'm happy with that. Even if they are very tiny losses I want something... anything... every single day because hopefully that will add up to the 2.5 to 3.5 that I would love each week.

Anyway, since I met this week's goal on Monday I decided to make a secondary goal that I'd like to meet and I'm only a pound away from that.

So, I just might make that one as well.

The family did the workout yesterday but I took a day of rest.

Today is a 30 minute strength session. I'm not 100% but I'm not as sick as yesterday so I'll at least attempt the session with them.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:46 AM   #1287
Bike Tart

I once again did what I don't normally do and got on the scale a little while ago before getting dressed....it was almost 2 lbs. less than when I weighed earlier today. So I'm thinking just for a while I will weigh mid morning instead of first thing if I'm not going anywhere in the morning. Just curious to see what readings I'll get....

Makes it easier to stick to my plan of eating light today! I just made a cup of "tea" with hot water, chopped ginger, some cinnamon, a sprinkle of cayenne, some butter, MCT oil and a teeny bit of raw honey. It's not too bad....I'm looking for a hot drink that I can have before meals that will help suppress appetite (butter and oil!)...ginger is good for tummy and the rest for flavor....I could definitely drink this regularly. It's not super delicious but it's not bad. I think I'll try it before all my meals the next few days and see what happens!
Old 03-04-2014, 05:22 PM   #1288
Bike Tart

I was making my protein shake a little while ago and my magic bullet blender died...not fixable... I won't replace it because I have the big Ninja blender/food processor now but I will miss doing the single serve shakes in my magic bullet. I gave the 2 single serve cups for the Ninja to DS...oh, well.

I'm making some scrambled eggs with cheese for dinner. I can't eat after 10 p.m. so I can be ready for bloodwork tomorrow. Will need to make some sort of muffin or something to take with me in the morning because I have to stop for some groceries on my way home and I don't want to go to the store hungry.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:05 AM   #1289

Happy Wednesday!!

Awww I'm sorry about the magic bullet dying. My Ninja is about to bite the dust as well. I'm trying to keep it going as long as I can because I can't really afford to replace it with what I want... the blender I want is like $400.

Not gonna happen cuz we be broke for the next 10 million years.

Hope the blood work goes well for you today.

Scale is up but I woke up swollen and I also managed to do the strength training with the guys yesterday. So, I'm sure my muscles are holding fluid as well.

Though I weigh just about every day I record the weight mainly on Thursdays because my b'day will be falling on Friday this year. Probably makes no sense to anyone but me.

Anyway, even with the scale being up today I'm still at my original goal for the week so I'm fine. I'd still like that 2lbs to just magically melt off for tomorrow's "official" weigh in but I won't be crying in my coconut milk if it doesn't.

Today is a rest day which should also help the muscles get rid of the extra fluid. I'll of course keep moving through out the day no matter what. I've also been doing a lot more standing lately. I hope to eventually make the family computer into a standing computer.

Oh and we started the squat challenge on March 1st too. The goal is by the end of the month being able to stay in a full grok/native/etc squat for 30 minutes. It's about increasing mobility since we aren't made to sit in a chair all day.

My kids can do this easily and you can often see DS go down in to a squat to rest from standing naturally like we are meant to do. I have to do mine with my rolled up yoga mat under my heels but I can go down pretty far compared to where I used to be.

However I can't hold it very long because of my knees but that's the point of the challenge. To gradually get to the point where you almost instinctively squat to rest from standing instead of vice verse.

I just want to increase mobility and functional fitness right now and I'm for anything that will genuinely help with that.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #1290
Bike Tart

Back from town...for now! Have to go back after lunch for massage, Mom's house and a stop at the big grocery store to get what I couldn't get while I was out this morning.

My dr. appt. went well....BP was not overly high for the dr. office, the tech got the blood on the first try! Talked to him about the pain in my upper back/neck/shoulders and he did a few tests with my arms in different positions. He ordered an extra blood test for something to see if I have a condition which (can't remember what he called it) is easily treatable depending on the blood results. At least I feel like something is being done...if he can't figure it out I'll make an appt. with the chiropractor.

Stopped at the grocery store but as I said they didn't have all that I wanted so I'll stop at the bigger store on the way home from town this afternoon.

Had 3 pieces of string cheese waiting in the car after my appt. Since today is Ash Wednesday we won't be eating meat....tomato soup for me for lunch....we're ordering a cheese/veggie pizza for dinner because I know I won't have the energy when I get home to cook. I'll skip the crust, of course!

Talked with the dr. about the pain/weakness in my legs but we decided to fix one thing at a time and the upper body stuff is more urgent right now. I did tell him that I was frustrated that before the surgery only my knee hurt and now it's the whole leg hurting. I almost started crying....I hate that!