Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 09:28 AM   #1201
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Congrats on the loss and the smaller pants!

Scale is up a bit but I expected it...even though the food was low carb it was stuff I don't eat often....I'm more concerned about tonight's birthday party and tomorrow's birthday party. If I can get through them without too much trouble I'll be happy!

Not doing much today other than a little cleaning and then off to today's party.
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2014, 05:04 AM   #1202
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Every Day is a New Start
Happy Sunday!!

Well, decided to switch my rotation schedule and had another Up Day yesterday. Of course I paid for it with the scale but I'm sure it'll be fine tomorrow after today's Down Day.

I was looking at the schedule and decided that I wanted my doctor's appointment to fall after a down day so I'd be my lowest possible.

And I wanted Valentine's Day to fall on an Up Day so I could enjoy it.

If I do the switch now I can undo the damage {{hopefully}} quick enough to have a small drop for the appointment.

Normally I try to do my yoga before getting a lot of computer time in but I didn't sleep well and woke up stiff and in pain. Maybe once my coffee kicks in and my joints warm up a little.

I've been gradually eliminating certain types of foods in order to prepare for full autoimmune protocol (AIP) eating. I need it to take my healing the rest of the way. Didn't quite stick to it last night. Don't think wine counts.

But as of hitting the grocery store today I will be fully stocked to go full speed ahead on Monday.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:41 AM   #1203
Bike Tart

Had a good time at the party yesterday....got home about 1:30 a.m.! I was able to eat on plan...chicken, salad, veggies/dip and said no to the cake...of course, MIL had to ask if I was dieting since I said no to the cake...ugh!

Got into a good conversation about low carb/gluten free with my SIL....it seems her youngest is wheat sensitive and they are changing the diet for the whole family. The dr. they took niece to recommended reading Gary Taubes Why We Get Fat as well as a few other books so I'm loaning her the books that I have. I also sent her links to a couple of blogs that have good info. I'll continue to do a little research for her to find recipes that are kid friendly as well as easy to make.

One more birthday party today and I can get back to normal. I'm a little puffy but I'm sure it's from sitting so much yesterday.

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
Old 01-26-2014, 09:19 AM   #1204

Glad you had a good time at the party. Sorry about MIL.

That's cool that you can help SIL with information.

I've been taking today's down day to think about how I want to approach the next couple weeks before my appointment.

I would like the maximum amount of weight off I can get but I know that I have to do the calorie rotations or I don't lose at all.

So, I'm considering combining it with "low-ish" carbs plus anti-inflammatory. Basically none of the foods that inflame my joints. Keeping my primal carbs lower than I would normally eat and doing it all staying within my calorie allotment for each day. It's a lot easier than it sounds. Basically meat, veggies, healthy fats, and no goitrogenic or nightshade veggies/seasonings.

I've already started today and we'll see how I feel in the morning and how the scale looks.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:14 AM   #1205

Happy Monday!!

Scale is inching back down but not all the way down to my low bounce just yet.

Had a good AIP day until the hubby used a spice that isn't allowed. A few minutes after eating dinner I asked if he did because my skin went hot.

Turned out he had and I am that sensitive that after not having anything all day I noticed right away.

I also bought a bunch of natural sausage and hot dogs not even thinking to check the ingredients. When ever something like that says natural spices they usually mean garlic, salt, and paprika.... I'm trying to avoid the paprika right now. One package said natural spices the other 4 said Paprika specifically.
I'll give that to the family for now but I need to personally avoid them if I can. Then later I'll order from a known nightshade free source.

Lesson learned.....

Now I'm off to get my yoga done.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:36 AM   #1206
Bike Tart

Yesterday's party was more challenging....apparently SIL/family are going gluten free but not sugar free....I'm sure all the food there had something in it I shouldn't be eating but I did the best I could...other than the potatoes that pulled me in! I didn't eat a lot but I ate some. I will still be available to SIL for questions, etc. about eating gluten free...wish she would go all the way low carb but I doubt it...she loves sugar too much. The good thing is she doesn't want to go with gluten free products but instead make the food....

I'm definitely going to go buy Just Dance 2014 today to use with the Wii.....they played it again yesterday and it looked like so much fun! I'm going to do it here so when we go to parties I can join in with everyone else! It will take a lot of time to work up to doing a lot of it but that's ok....it will be fun...maybe I can get DH to join in, too!

Off to Mom's after a quick stop at the store to get laundry detergent for Mom's house....wish they would tell me before they run out that they need more!

Not sure on meals today...had eggs and some almond biscuits for breakfast....
Old 01-28-2014, 04:33 AM   #1207

Happy Tuesday!!

We love Just Dance games here. I don't think we have the latest ones but I'm sure we will since we all play them a ton.

Today's after UD bounce was only .2 so not too shabby. I'm pretty sure that was for swelling from the sodium I had yesterday. Also TOM should be showing up sometime soon.

I really pushed the envelope with the amount of food I ate yesterday but it was all fairly low carb. Unfortunately I did have a couple crackers for evening snack. Hubby brought them to me when I said I felt snackie and I just started eating without even thinking. Probably downed 5 of them before I realized what I was doing.

THAT is why I don't like eating while we're watching tv at night. I just sort of zone out.

Then about 30 minutes later I was hit with a migraine. So, that confirms for me that wheat carbs definitely mess with me. I just hope that sinks in enough for hubby.
He really fights me about keeping crackers in the house.
I ask that if we do it, at least let it be rice crackers that are wheat/gluten free.
He wants the cheaper saltines instead.

Anyway, need to go start my coffee.

Hope you have a great day!!

Last edited by DarkSiren; 01-28-2014 at 04:35 AM..
Old 01-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #1208
Bike Tart

I thought I posted here today...oops, I guess not! I slept in the recliner mostly last night...hope to sleep in bed tonight.

Last night DH had to have popcorn while watching TV...that's hard for me....I was tired so I just closed my eyes to get away from the thought of the popcorn and fell asleep for a bit. It helped some...

Trying a new recipe tonight...it's on my FB wall...pizza topping casserole. I hope it's good!

Scale wouldn't settle on a number this morning but all the numbers I saw were lower than the last time I weighed so I'm good. Almost back to the bottom of the bounce range...I have a little over a month, maybe 6 weeks till my next dr. appt. and would love to lose 10 lbs by then....should be possible but I will have to be very strict....I don't think we have any parties coming up for a while so that will help.

When I ordered the Just Dance games I had a cash back thing to use from my credit card and ended up paying $26 for the 3 games! Works for me! I know that you can get all the dances on you tube but I wanted to get the actual games to have on hand. I'm going to check out the Zumba for Wii on you tube...maybe I'll get that, too....

Better go do something constructive....it's been so cold here that I have no ambition to do anything....
Old 01-29-2014, 05:02 AM   #1209

Happy Snow Day!!

Yup, we're snowed in here. No work for hubby today.

The scale is up after my Down Day because TOM also showed up this morning.

At least I get to enjoy my UD while we're stuck inside. Who doesn't want to eat when stuck inside all day. And have hot cocoa while reading books.

And do lots of baking to keep the house warm. Because of course that would be the ONLY reason I would do it.

So, the plan for the day is the usual chores, maybe some lessons if I can drag a few out of the kiddos, shoveling snow so we can find our car, and so the doggie can go potty.. *giggle*..... Then some reading, baking, and Wii to keep everyone from getting cabin fever. Of course I'm sure there will be some snowmen, snowball fights, etc... somewhere in there.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:08 AM   #1210
Bike Tart

Enjoy your day! It sounds like you have some fun stuff planned!

I had a lousy night of sleep again...woke with a headache....slept part of the night in the recliner, tried to sleep in bed, back to the recliner. So tired of this....oh, well....I guess I maybe got about 6 hours of sleep total so that's not horrible...maybe tonight will be better.

We had fun with the Wii games last night...went through what we already have and pulled out the sports disc and the Just Dance 2 to try again. We bowled 5 games....played 5 tennis matches and danced 2 songs...going to work on the dancing because I'm so out of shape and because there are some moves that I can't do yet (anything with arms up in the air hurts and I think that's why I had trouble sleeping in bed). We couldn't even figure out which "person" was which so I'm not sure who scored the best...but we had so much fun! I think I'm going to check you tube for the zumba game and try that. Am I nuts or what? Well, if I can't do kbs right now I might as well do dancing!

I think I'll have some eggs for breakfast...making a pizza casserole for lunch (posted it on my FB wall) and tonight I'll be eating alone so it will be maybe some egg salad or something.

I think I'm going to try to get over to Mom's after lunch....DH works today so I may as well go check in on them....
Old 01-30-2014, 04:31 AM   #1211

Happy Thursday!!

Sorry you had another rough night. I'd really hoped you were finding your groove with sleep. Hope last night was better.

All my joints are swollen and hurting today. Cold weather. ugh...

I'm up a smidge after my Up Day and TOM is still here. The amount though is surprising because it's not really bad considering how much we enjoyed our snow day foods.

I have to say though, that I'm looking forward to my Down Day today.

Unfortunately it's another snow day so I'll have to deal with everyone wanting to snack a lot while I'm not eating much.

I'm going to attempt my Sun Salutations today but I have a feelings I won't do much. Still hurting too bad.

Starting to want to tweak my program again. Hubby keeps trying to talk me out of it since what I'm doing is working... just not as fast as I'd like. I hate wanting to be in such a hurry but I am.....

I won't mess with things for now since it IS working. At least I'll try not to.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:45 AM   #1212
Bike Tart

I did sleep a bit better last night...woke when DH came in from work at almost 5 a.m. but was able to doze off till almost 7 a.m. My shoulders and upper back don't seem quite as achy as they've been.

Got a text from the friend that does massage on the side (she was my PT after knee surgery)...haven't heard from her in quite a while but she's back to massage again so I made an appt. with her for a foot massage. Dirk concentrates more on my upper back and right leg and Christy will do just my feet. If I can juggle the funds I'll have her come twice a month if she can. She's coming Sunday so I need to do a quick home pedi before then.

I don't have foods definitely planned for today yet. Had some egg salad for breakfast. I want to make the focaccia bread again but in a bigger pan so it isn't quite so thick. I really like the flavor of it and would use it for several things. I also have a bunch of bacon that needs to be cooked and I want to get some chicken cooked. I may do the chicken in the crockpot so I can use it in recipes.

Scale is down a bit....hovering and teasing at the bottom of the bounce range. I just can't seem to quite make it out of that range...trying again this week...nothing much coming up that would derail my attempts. We're going out Sat. night to see BIL's band but we'll eat before we go....might have an adult beverage but will most likely stick to water. Unless something comes up for Super Bowl Sunday we plan on staying home....I'll make some low carb snacks for us and we'll watch the game in our jammies! If we get invited to anything I'll bring something low carb....
Old 01-31-2014, 04:41 AM   #1213

Happy Friday!!

Glad you were able to have a better night. Hope last night was good as well. Hope the scale continues down.

As for my scale... we won't even talk about it... and for now we'll blame the scale on TOM....

3wks till my Endo appointment and I'll be lucky if I break even. I guess I should be prepared to be made to feel like crud.

My knee is bugging me just when I planned to ramp up my workouts. I think I twisted it while walking in the snow on Wednesday. It was pretty deep in the backyard and I tried to be super careful but I know I stepped kind of awkwardly at least once. That may have been when I tweaked the knee.

So, how the heck am I supposed to workout when everything requires that my knee NOT be in pain.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:14 AM   #1214
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Well, I'm cautiously optimistic....scale is at the bottom of the bounce range....I could maybe be out of it in the next few days.....I certainly plan to try!

I slept ok last night....still wake with sore shoulders and neck...I must scrunch them up or something while I sleep. I have an appt. with Dirk today so hopefully he can work the tension out!

Food isn't planned yet...I'm hoping we can do Wii stuff later today since this is DH's weekend off. The 3 Just Dance games that I ordered came yesterday and I want to give them a try!
Old 02-01-2014, 06:34 AM   #1215

Happy Saturday!!

The scale is starting to come back down. I'm still 2lbs away from my low bounce but considering that I'm right smack in the middle of TOM I'm not too worried.

I've decided to switch over to the Katahn method just until my Endo appointment. It's extreme and I can't handle it for long periods of time. My free week will start the day of my appointment so it'll work out awesome. That's when I'll switch back to daily rotations until our trip this summer.

Even though I can't make my personal goal for my Endo appointment I am still on track for my goal for our trip. So I'm trying to hold on to that and not let that pain of a doctor get to me.

Lots to catch up on this weekend now that my joints are letting me move around a little. They are still stiff but not as painful as they have been the last couple days.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:23 AM   #1216
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Well, I say try not to worry about what the dr. will say....you are doing your best and our bodies don't always cooperate with what we're doing.

I'm achy from my massage...he worked the muscles really hard yesterday and it will take some time to feel loose again. It gets better each time, though, so I'm not complaining...

Scale was at the lowest number of the bounce range again...works for me....impatient to get out of this range but happy that it's not going up!

I'm going out tonight to see BIL's band...we'll eat before we go so we're not tempted to by junk while we're there....will probably have an adult beverage, though. Hoping to do some dancing tonight, too!

Food isn't planned yet....need to clean out the fridge so DH can take garbage to the drop off. I need to plan better and shop more often so I'm not tossing food out all the time. What a waste of money! My new plan is to just buy enough for up to 3 days and go to the store again if anything is needed. I'm out often enough that I can stop almost daily if needed. I'd rather do that than toss food out.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:16 AM   #1217

Happy Sunday!!

Hope you had a great time last night and able to stick to your plan.

Hope you bounce right on through your low range soon.

I'm up a smidge today but I was perfect yesterday. Only issue was I added a lot of sea salt. I've decided to do that to see if it will help with my electrolyte balance and I acknowledge that I'll probably have to deal with edema until it balances out.

I haven't quite made the jump to sole water but I've been considering it. At least the concept looks interesting.

My problem is that the thyroid meds I take is sodium based in order to avoid the ones with soy in them as a binder. I'm not sure how much of my swelling is because of that.

Today will be day 2 of my katahn rotations instead of daily.

Really hope this will start working and work quickly for me. I am already looking forward to getting back to daily rotations.

Don't realize how much better one program is until you have to stop it for a bit.

Did my Sun Salutations this morning. Even though something is up with my right knee and calf it's not stopping me from being able to do that. I didn't do the yoga for a couple days because I was afraid it would make my leg worse. Then I decided to just give it a try and see how it felt and it was fine. I'm hoping the stretching and epsom salt soak will help it start loosening up soon.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:00 AM   #1218
Bike Tart

Waving hi! Had a great time.....we were too full from late lunch to eat before we left so while we were out seeing the band....DH ordered a pizza and I had the toppings off a couple of slices....water to drink all night.

Scale is the same this morning....that's ok....just need to be patient.

I've been cleaning the kitchen this morning....took a lunch break (stuffed burger patties baked in the oven) and a new cauliflower casserole. I liked the flavor of the casserole but will tweak how it's made.

Getting a foot massage in about an hour and a half. Haven't had just a foot massage in a long time and it will be fun to catch up with my friend that's doing the massage.

Other than that, we're staying in today (DH has a couple of errands but I'm not going with him)...have to finish cleaning the kitchen and finish mixing up a few dips for veggies and a couple of salads. Then we'll watch the Super Bowl tonight....our team isn't in it but we're hoping for a good game...if it's boring we'll watch something else.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:20 AM   #1219

Happy Monday!!

Hope you had a good day in yesterday. Those burger patties and the cauliflower casserole sounded yummy.

Scale was nice to me this morning and I broke through the bottom of my bounce range with a "new" low.

That will help me continue with Katahn through my appointment.

Just two weeks and 3 days.

Planning some Wii Fit, regular yoga, and step aerobics today. The combo of them will only equal out to about 45minutes even though that sounds like a lot.

Off to get caught up with emails and such then to do my yoga before hubby is done getting ready for work.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:22 AM   #1220
Bike Tart

And I'm out of the bottom of the bounce range!!!
Now I need to stay out of that range for the rest of my life! I have made a couple of goals (I don't like weight loss goals but I made some)....first I want to be down 5 more lbs before I go to the dr. in March....then if I can do 5 lbs a month that would be great...main goal for now is to get back to pre-surgery weight. I think it's doable....at least I hope so. I won't be upset if I don't achieve these goals in the amount of time I want but I thought I should have some sort of goal....

I didn't get as much done yesterday as I wanted....had my good foot massage and visit with Christy and then just lounged for a bit.

We had planned a hot dip and crackers (gf crackers for me) for during the game last night.....decided instead to have some meatballs and gf focaccia that I had made on Sat. Made some frozen veggies for DH, too. Fell asleep in the recliner during the 3rd quarter of the game so I missed not only the rest of the game but the commercials....we have it all recorded so I'll zip through it today and then delete it.

Have to go to Mom's this morning and then stop at the store on the way home. Came across a recipe to use thin sliced deli chicken as noodles for lasagna and want to try it. I think DH will love it! If not, I will just go back to making it without noodles....

Last edited by mamagiff; 02-03-2014 at 05:25 AM..
Old 02-03-2014, 06:05 AM   #1221

This absolutely made my day!!

You are AWESOME!!!

KUTGW!!!

Old 02-04-2014, 04:55 AM   #1222

Happy Tuesday!!

So, I did a sneak peak of the scale when I woke in the middle of the night and it looked like I had gone up a smidge. Oh well.... Kind of sad.. but back to bed I went...

Couple hours later I officially woke up and reweighed.

I had lost 3lbs... just since yesterday.

So, I guess this thing is working.

9lbs more will have me the same weight as my last appointment. Hoping by some miracle I'll lose another 10lbs on that. Highly unlikely in only a little over 2wks but stranger things have happened.

Especially when considering that I'm finishing up TOM right now. So he could take a ton of fluid with him in the next day or two.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:36 AM   #1223

Happy Wednesday!!

And yes I had to check my calendar to verify that. Days are kind of running together lately. Everything is so off here. Crazy weather... dark skies that make us want to sleep all the time.

Up a pound on the scale today. To say I'm disappointed and confused would be an understatement. But I'll keep chugging along. I think I "may" know what the issue is and I'll see if I can remedy that.

Nothing else really going on... Rescheduling some appointments. Getting ready for DH's retirement classes next week. Trying to wrap up winter school session caught up with lessons so that we can start preparing for the big yearly test.

Lots of housework as per usual.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:34 AM   #1224
Bike Tart

Waving hi! Thought I posted in here yesterday, guess not....geeze, my brain is just not working lately! Too much stuff to keep track of.....DS reminded me on Monday that I forgot to pay Mom's property taxes last Friday...have been searching the last 2 days for the bill....I have mountains of papers that need filing and organizing....finally found the bill today so DH will go pay it while I'm at my massage...then to Mom's and then out to dinner at Red Robin...

Scale is the same...that's ok....DS just called asking me to get a few things from here to drop off at his house so I better go!
Old 02-06-2014, 04:44 AM   #1225

Happy Thursday!!

If the scale can hold steady maybe that means a drop in your future.

Mine dropped yesterday's pound plus two more.

Another number I haven't seen in months.

I'm on the cusp of the next set of 10's.

That will take me to another set of numbers I haven't seen since September and my daughter's b'day.

After that will be numbers I haven't seen since hubby was at the academy 16 months ago.

But FINALLY... I'm making progress......
Old 02-06-2014, 05:48 AM   #1226
Bike Tart

Glad it's dropping for you! Still the same for me....hope that means a good drop soon!

Today I'll be going to the basement to get all the Christmas bins put back into the storage room. DH said he didn't put them in there because he wasn't sure how I wanted them put back. I need to re-label some of the bins since I'm going to be down there. He doesn't work today so we'll try to get as much done down there as possible. I can't wait to get everything back in place so we can use the workout area again! We're also going to bring the ping pong table down there....we've had it in the garage since we got it and could only use it when the weather was decent. We'll have to figure out how to arrange things so we can use it more!
Old 02-07-2014, 04:59 AM   #1227

Happy Friday!!

Hope you and hubby were able to get the boxes taken care of yesterday.

Scale is up this morning. But it's as expected because I had a bunch of sodium with dinner last night.

Hopefully tomorrow it'll go down the swelling plus a couple friends.

Now I'm officially less than 2wks till my Endo Appointment. I may not make my original small goal for that appointment.

But as long as I stay on track I WILL make my big goal for my summer travels.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:24 AM   #1228
Bike Tart

Good Morning! We got a lot of the bins and boxes organized and put away...there's a few that need extra attention....they are from my Mom's house and I need to consolidate the stuff into one bin if I can. I'm pleased with the progress so far....DH got the last coat of sealer on the floor in Kayli's room and in the TV room so he can start putting up the baseboard trim now. Once that's all up in those 2 rooms he can seal the rest of the floor, do the trim and then set up the workout stuff.

Scale is still the same....I am really going to have to work harder at this, I guess....sigh....

Today I go to Mom's to meet with her social worker....this is DH's weekend to work so I'll be sitting and sorting papers while I watch the Olympics....
Old 02-08-2014, 05:10 AM   #1229

Happy Saturday!!

Scale is up some more but I also chose to enjoy my date night. Nothing "bad" per se. Just things I knew would have me swollen in the morning.

This morning I noticed a white coating on my tongue. I had just done a coconut oil pull so I'm not sure if it was just a result of that or if I have an infection. I had thrush when I was in my 20's after a particularly stressful time in my life. I'm wondering if that is what I'm dealing with now.

I'm going to make sure I take my pro-biotics and rinse with an apple cider vinegar mix just to be sure. Even if it's not that, it won't hurt to take those precautions.

I really hope it's not because that really got painful last time.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:15 AM   #1230
Bike Tart

Hope it's not thrush...

Scale down a pound this morning....I'm good with it!

Have a bunch of cooking to do today...no noodle lasagna, a new chicken recipe I want to try, some oopsie buns, need to mix up some egg salad....not sure what else...maybe some dips for raw veggies.

DH is working tonight so I'll try to get more sorting of papers done....might watch a movie or two. I'm recording the Olympics tonight so DH can watch at least the prime time stuff....I'll wait and watch it with him.