Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 07:53 AM   #1171
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Scale is finally going down....feet and ankles look normal today! Still feel a bit of retention in my lower legs but hoping it will finally go away today or tomorrow. Keeping food simple for now.

Need to come up with a plan for food for next weekend when we go visit DS2/family. I guess I'm going to have to mention to DIL that I'm grain free and sugar free...I was hoping to avoid talking about it with them but I think I'll have to since it's the weekend before DS's birthday and it's also my birthday weekend....I'll bring the stuff to make a grain free muffin for me to have while they do cake. Just need to get prepared with food to bring along.

The living room should be totally back to normal today! One more wall tree to take down and then it's just cleaning and getting things back to their normal spots. With DH here to help it will go fast....then on to the kitchen! Need these 2 rooms totally done by the 24th since it's my turn to host book club on that day!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2014, 04:23 AM   #1172
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Happy Saturday!!

Visit with the kitty people today.

Not weighing. Did a lot of stress eating last night at dinner.

Today I have a knot in my stomach so it'll automatically be a down day to make up for yesterday.

Now I'm off to finish up some last minute stuff. Then it's a wait for the phone call and following visit kind of day.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:21 AM   #1173
Bike Tart

I'm sure the visit will go fine....just breathe!

I slept in my bed for about 3.5 hours and then laid there another hour trying to get back to sleep...gave up and got out of bed....made some sf hot chocolate and waited for DH to get home from work....we chatted a bit before he went to bed. I'm going to try to take a nap in a few minutes....this is just crazy! I'm going to put the heating pad on my neck/shoulders and hopefully get another couple of hours sleep.

Scale was down a bit again...only a couple more lbs. to get to the pre-holiday number. Looks like I probably won't be out of the bounce range by my birthday like I had hoped...my own fault for giving in to grains.... I guess I thought the little bit I had wasn't going to be a big problem...wrong!

Living room is almost done! Need to clean the floor in a couple of areas and vacuum, put out a few pictures, etc. Going to have DH bring my rebounder into the living room....have a perfect spot for it so that it's out of the way (it blocks the front door but we never use that door so no biggie)....then I can at least bounce a little every morning while he's sleeping.

Not sure on menu for today....have things to use up....might be a couple of strange meals!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:21 AM   #1174

Happy Sunday!!

Visit went well thankfully.

Scale is not necessarily nice right now. I'm only -.2 from my beginning weight when I restarted the special program.

I guess it's better than gaining more weight.

But I need to get a handle on this and go in the right direction. I have less than 7 months to be ready for a big trip.... which means lots of pain for my body the more weight I carry.... followed by going back to work if DH doesn't have a new job ready and waiting when we get back.

I can NOT be as heavy as I am now, along with my auto immune issues, and go back to work even part time.

I have no choice but to be healthy by the time summer gets here.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:29 AM   #1175
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Scale is still inching down....only a lb up from the bottom of the bounce range....maybe I will be able to get out of this range this week! That would be great!

Today is more chores, cooking, etc. Need to wait for DH to wake up before I can get my shower....don't want to wake him.

Not much else going on here today...DH works tonight....I'm going to Mom's later and then to DS's house after that....

Working on a plan for food to bring with me next weekend when we visit DS2....will bring mixed nuts to snack on in the care (DH can't drive without snacking!)....we'll stop on the way for a meal and I'll just get a bunless burger. I think if I make egg salad, some mini almond buns and bring cottage cheese and some deli meat I should be ok....I'll just do my best with the main meals. I told DIL that I'm not eating grains....we'll be celebrating DS2's birthday as well as mine so there will be cake...I'm taking the ingredients to make a single serve chocolate muffin for me. Just need to get everything prepared to take along!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:31 AM   #1176

Okay I had a quick discussion with the hubby and here's what we came up with.

I could continue with the program and pay approx. $2500 over the next seven months.

OR...

I could invest in a Wii U Fit and get motivated to exercise more. Save well over $2000 for the trip and new clothing instead.

I would do this exercise in conjunction with the Up Day/Down Day rotations which I naturally seem to like better anyway. I'll lose faster on those rotations if I stick to no grains but it won't be a "necessity". I just have to stick to my numbers.

Okay I think I'm good..... Now to go shopping.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:11 AM   #1177
Bike Tart

Sounds like a good plan! I don't know about you but when I'm exercising and feeling good about myself I automatically eat better.....and it will be fun! I really need to get my Wii stuff going again!

Well, I weighed....today's number is the bottom of the bounce range! I hope it sticks!

Would still love to get my sleep schedule normal again....slept in the recliner from about 10 p.m. till just after 3 a.m. Waited up for DH to get home from work and then went to bed a little after 5 a.m. It's now just after 7 a.m. and I'm awake....I didn't really sleep much in bed...tossed and turned.....had a really weird dream, too....

I'm going to do an experiment with resistant starch....I've been reading a lot about it and it is supposed to help with sleep, blood sugar levels, possibly weight loss....I have a friend that's been using it and she says it's helped her in a lot of ways....we'll see...

Have to go to Mom's today...not sure what time yet...waiting for a call from the RN. Then DH and I hope to go to a movie. We talked yesterday and decided we're going to try to go to a movie once a month! Not sure how well we'll stick to it but it would be nice if we could do it!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:10 AM   #1178

Happy Monday!!

Glad you're in the low end of your bounce range and hope you continue down.

Hope you get the sleep thing worked out too. I know nothing else will fall into place if I don't sleep enough.

We got the Wii U Fit and the kids even pitched in with some of their Christmas money.

Can't wait to set it up later today.
I started my rotations with yesterday being an Up Day. I fully expected to just go nuts but I think with acceptance that I can eat anything I end up aiming for healthy because I just feel better. Funny how that works out.

Today is a Down Day:

breakfast: two coffees with coconut milk(20cals)
mid morning: decaf coffee/coconut milk with coconut oil and a banana(170cals)
lunch: chicken broth with eggbeaters for egg drop soup(50cals)
snack: tea/coconut milk and coconut oil(70cals)
dinner: jambalaya(I'll keep my serving very small) and a large leafy salad
(not sure how many cals.... I'd probably guesstimate approx. 200cals)

So I should come out around 500 for my Down Day....
I know it's not exact but it's hard to get an idea on calories when it's a one pot meal. I'll try to figure it out later.... In the mean time...
I'll gradually bring my DD's lower as my body adjusts.

Exercise:
Fairly light today to accommodate the lower cals.
1 short yoga session done this morning. I'll probably do two more as the day goes on for a total of 30 minutes.
Then I'll set up the Wii U Fit and do what ever movement is required for that.
I'm also cleaning and organizing. I'm sure that counts as some movement.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #1179

Minor adjustment to my afternoon meal:

added 50 cals of protein powder.
Just felt like I needed a little pick me up so opted for protein.

I also did NOT have the coconut oil with the mid morning meal so that drops about 10cals from the total. Almost a 1 for 1 exchange with the protein powder.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:41 AM   #1180
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I actually slept pretty decent last night....partly in the recliner and partly in bed but I got about 7.5 hours, I think! I tried the resistant starch last night....I put about 2 tbsp. into a dish of cottage cheese....it's kind of chalky....I don't think I'll add it to cottage cheese all the time....some people just mix it into a glass of water....I'll try that today.

Scale is up about a lb....but I was sort of expecting it....we'll see how things go the next day or two and if it goes up more I'm dropping the resistant starch for now.

Have to go to Mom's to meet with her dr. and then maybe we'll get to the movie...we didn't get to go yesterday. I have a feeling we won't get to go today, either. DH has to go to DS's apt. building to do some repairs while I'm at Mom's....

Still need to get groceries, too....better get busy working on a list!
Old 01-14-2014, 05:46 AM   #1181

Happy Tuesday!!

Glad you got some sleep. Hope it continues to work for you and without the poofies.

I did awesome yesterday!! And was rewarded with being down 3lbs today.

Of course that makes me nervous about my Up Day but it has to be done.

I'm on the fence between trying to repair my metabolism and going for the higher number of 2000 or sticking below the lower number that I already know I gain at which is 1400.

There will still be a spread between the two days that everyone seems to think is important but.....

I'll probably play it by ear and aim for the lower number then see how I feel. Having such a messed up metabolism really sucks. I have an appointment with the Endo in 5.5wks. I'll be lucky if I break even. Though I'd really love at least a 10lb loss. I guess we'll see what happens.

Since today is an UD I'll be adding in exercise. I did 2 extra rounds of yoga but that was the most my arm would support. Later I need some cardio(either Wii Fit or Bike) and I'd like to do some KBs but we'll see how my arm feels.

In the mean time I'll aim for most of my cals from protein and fat with a smidge from veggie carbs.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:18 AM   #1182

Happy Wednesday!!

Hope you had another good night of sleep.

I went with a calorie number yesterday that when averaged together over two days would give me the same amount I was eating on my special program. I was rewarded with another pound off so I guess it worked.

I'll try not to get too excited since I'm still in the honeymoon phase.

Exercise will be light because it's a down day but also because I pulled a muscle in my upper left torso while working on the house.

I iced it off and on yesterday.

This morning I boiled some massage/heat packs to reactivate them.

I'll be using those through out the day to help the muscle heal quicker... hopefully.

Really don't want a set back right now.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:36 AM   #1183
Bike Tart

I am happy to report that the little bounce up yesterday is gone and took a friend with....I'm only a half pound away from getting out of this stinking bounce range! Yay! If I can see the lower number on Friday I will be thrilled and it will make it easier for me to stay on plan over the weekend at DS's house. DIL messaged me today to ask what grain free things she could make for me while we're there...how sweet is that?! I told her not to worry...I am adaptable and I am bringing a few things to fill in the gaps.

Going to lunch with my Aunt for her birthday...my cousin is also coming...should be fun! I already know what I'll be getting....bunless burger topped with an egg and a side salad.

Dinner tonight is just me and I think I'll cook some chicken thighs....I've been hungry for them and I'm the only one that likes them...more for me!

I'll be making a new grain free focaccia style bread to take along this weekend...also bought some cottage cheese, will make egg salad and some grain free buns....that will be good enough to fill in any gaps...DIL is making chili on Saturday so the buns will be good to replace her yummy cornbread...although I will miss having a piece of the cornbread...

DH just got up so I'm off to get some breakfast made for him and then get a few things done before I have to leave....

Hope you feel better soon....
Old 01-16-2014, 05:11 AM   #1184

Happy Thursday!!

Congrats on the friend going from the scale/you. Hope you continue to lose more.

Ended up with a high Down Day yesterday. A lot of stress happened so I went to the calculator to see what I could "get away" with. I had no plans to meet that higher number but I wanted the security of knowing that if I did I wouldn't be "blowing it".

Well, I did hit the higher number and even though I was swollen this morning I had another loss of half a pound. Not as much as I would like after a DD but it's all good as long as it's going down.

Today is my UD and per usual I am hesitant to eat those higher numbers. I really need to get over my fear of calories. I'm still sticking to the lower UD numbers but after a week of full rotations I'll add 100cals to my UDs. My hope is that eventually I can eat "normal cals" and not gain.

And of course in the process if I continue losing I'll be ecstatic.

Did 4 rounds of Sun Salutations this morning. My pulled muscle is much better and I'm glad I listened to my body about resting. I was divided between adding two more rounds or deepening the stretches and I decided to deepen them. Once I feel I'm as far as I can go in those stretches then I'll start adding more rounds.

In the mean time today is an UD so I'll be doing steps, wimpy KB, and some Wii Fit.

As for food... I will attempt a mostly meat and veggie day but as long as I meet my cals I'm not going to be fanatical about it.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 01-16-2014 at 05:16 AM..
Old 01-16-2014, 05:38 PM   #1185
Bike Tart

I thought I posted here earlier....I guess not! Have to get packed for our weekend at DS's house...need to make some food to take along, too. Trying a new recipe for a grain free focaccia...hope I like it.

Scale was back up again...not worrying about it...still hoping for breaking through that bottom of the bounce range tomorrow....no scale over the weekend. I really hope i can be strong over the weekend although I'm sure DIL will do her best to keep things as grain free as possible. I am not worried as much about sugar although I will also stay as sf as possible.

Had to go to the dentist today for a cleaning and then to Mom's to drop off some food.....while there Stepfather told me that he forgot to mention that the aides were on the last package of wipes for Mom so back to the store I went...will drop them off tomorrow before my massage.

Off to get my kitchen cleaned up....cook the food I need to bring along and then pack...hoping to get some sleep tonight...I think I'll just stay in the recliner....
Old 01-17-2014, 04:30 AM   #1186

Happy Friday!!

Hope you have a productive day, restful night, and fun trip this weekend!!

After yesterday's UD I am of course up on the scale. I knew being down after the last one was just lucky but I still hoped.

It was only a pound so I'm hoping that it will go tomorrow along with one or two of it's friends.

Dealing with some more immune issues so I'll probably just rest today in order to get ready for the crazy busy weekend.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:49 AM   #1187
Bike Tart

Well, I didn't get the goal I wanted today...the scale is in cahoots with my body to keep me from getting too happy! Now if I can get through the weekend I'll be ok. I won't be expecting a loss on Monday but as long as I can stay the same I'll be good.

I made the focaccia style bread...looks yummy...will be trying it in place of a bun when we stop for dinner on the way to DS's house. The recipe makes 4 servings so I'll have one for today and one for Sunday on the way home....2 for the weekend lunches. Works for me. I had planned on also making some almond biscuits but changed my mind...don't want that much bready stuff all weekend. I'm going to get some egg salad made and get the cooler packed...bringing cottage cheese and sandwich fillings...not sure yet what else I need to bring.

Better get going....need to shower and head to town for my massage! Have a great weekend! Will try to check in but not bringing the laptop...only the iPad and Kindle this trip...
Old 01-18-2014, 06:28 AM   #1188

Happy Saturday!!

Hope you're having a good trip so far!!

Scale was down and took a friend with it after yesterday's Down Day.

Today is an Up Day and we have a cool family date planned that will include some "not so great" food choices. But I will keep everything within the calorie parameters and hopefully that will offset any issues.

I also did 6 rounds of Sun Salutations this morning. It's becoming much easier to move through. Also it's going at a fairly steady pace. It only took me about 15 minutes. Since I try to keep moving for at least 30 minutes I will have to either deepen/hold the moves longer or do more rounds. Unfortunately my arm started protesting after round 5. I only did round 6 because I didn't want to feel lopsided.

I'll get it figured out.....

We'll be doing a lot of walking today at the mall for part of our family date. Plus I hope to swing the wimpy KB for about 5 minutes. I'm on the fence on whether to up the weight or the time on that exercise.

All righty.. I need to run and get caught up with some messages and then work on the house before we head out.

Laterz!!
Old 01-19-2014, 04:23 AM   #1189

Happy Sunday!!

Yesterday's UD was great. We had a lot of fun and I thoroughly enjoyed myself within the parameters of my cals. I had some chili, fries, and a frosty. All very tiny servings because they were off the $1 menu to fit in with the "Dollar Date" we were having.

Then we came home and watched our movie and had some air popped popcorn.

I loved that we were not only able to keep within the very severe budget constraints but we were able to also keep it within my calorie limits.

Didn't get to all the exercise I wanted to do at home but that's okay.

Once my coffee kicks in I'll do my yoga for the morning. I'll try to do the KBs and step even though today is my down day. I'm hoping that I can ride the coattails of yesterday's food energy.

Hope you're having an awesome visit/weekend.

Laterz!!

PS> Almost completely forgot. I'm only up half a pound after that UD. So I'm hoping that half a pound will take 1 or 2 extra friends with him tomorrow after a really good DD.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:41 AM   #1190

Happy Monday!!

Yesterday's down day went awesome!! I was rewarded with a huge drop on the scale and am now back to a weight I haven't seen since October.

Now to get to where I was last doctor's visit. I have a little over 4wks to lose that plus some extra to keep him off my back.

Had an off day yesterday because I had run out of thyroid meds and the pharmacy didn't get any in until late yesterday. So I had to miss a dose and my body let me know it noticed.

Back on track today so I should be okay. Now I need to run and get my yoga done for the morning.

Laterz!!

And Glad you had a
Old 01-20-2014, 05:04 AM   #1191
Bike Tart

Good Morning! We had such a fun weekend! Although it didn't start out fun....got about 4 miles from home when the car acted up....so DH said we'll just go to the dealer and get it checked....turns out a sensor was bad and another part needed to be replaced....so it was 2 more hours before we got on the road. Finally arrived at DS's house around 10:30 p.m. so we had to wait till morning to see Ruth. She was so happy to see us! Got lots of hugs from her all weekend and we laughed till we almost wet our pants a few times!

Food was ok....stayed away from wheat and even talked myself out of a diet soda when we stopped for dinner on the way there. I did have some ice cream and some m&ms along with some nuts but the rest was all on plan....I'm up a bit but all the sitting has me a tiny bit puffy.

Not sure what I'll be eating today...need to check the fridge and work on a grocery list. I have a busy week....meetings, a class, massage, book club and then birthday parties on both Sat. and Sun....it will be a challenge for sure!
Old 01-21-2014, 04:28 AM   #1192

Happy Tuesday!!

Final check for the kitty today. I don't anticipate any issues but it's still nerve wracking.

The scale is up after yesterday's Up Day but it's under a pound so I'm feeling awesome about that.

If I can stick to a strict down day I should see a new-ish number tomorrow.

Not sure how my day will be going since I have the guy coming over at 8am so I didn't get my yoga in. Was too busy making sure the living room and guest bathroom were straight.

Maybe after he leaves.

But I also have lessons to get the kids moving on after a 3 day weekend. It's always tough after that. It's Tuesday but feels like a blah Monday, etc etc...

Plus we're expecting snow this afternoon so the kids are excited about that.

So, basically we'll see how the day falls.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:29 AM   #1193
Bike Tart

Good Morning! It snowed again and it's -3 degrees now...so tired of winter! Wish I could stay home today but have to go to Mom's after lunch.

I have a lot of chores to get done today once DH wakes up....have to get the house ready for book club. Have to get groceries after I leave Mom's, too.

Messaged a bit last night with Kayli and we made plans for her to come over on Thursday...we'll go out to eat first and then come back here and Skype with DS for his birthday...he'll be surprised that Kayli is here, too! A good birthday present for him!

Scale is up...this always happens after a travel weekend so I'm not going to worry about it...will keep food light the next few days....

I forgot to grab some clothes before leaving the bedroom and don't want to go back in to get them since DH is still sleeping....will have to wait to do some rebounder time and will have to remember to keep clothes in the guest bedroom in the future so I can have my rebounder time while he's sleeping....I just have my robe on and it's not good for rebounding!
Old 01-22-2014, 04:29 AM   #1194

Happy Wednesday!!

You're always so busy lady. I don't know how you do it.

I think between the snow that fell and what blew into the yard they may be "just enough" for the guys to play in. But barely. It'll make William happy and that's all that counts.

Scale is interesting. I had a higher down day yesterday than I usually like. Not bad just high. So this morning I was down my Up Day gain but nothing more. Exactly the same as after my last down day.

I really need it to stay steady downward right now so I'll try to do better.

I think my body was getting ready for this cold though. I woke up from my nap starving yesterday and the temp had dropped 10 degrees in the hour that I'd slept.

Took everything in me to keep from eating the whole house.

So, I guess if I look at it that way I did good. I didn't completely blow my down day and I also didn't gain.

Because it's Up Day time I will be doing plenty of exercise to offset all the extra calories. I'll also go outside at some point with the guys and run around. So hopefully that will all help me burn some weight off.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:45 AM   #1195
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Went to bed around 10:30 last night and slept till almost 4 a.m. I thought that was a good amount of time to be in the bed without pain! Waited for DH to get home from work, we chatted a bit and I said I was still tired so I would try bed again....slept another 3 hours....could this maybe finally be a change starting in my sleep patterns and maybe I'll be able to sleep more than 4-5 hours a night? I hope so!

I'm busy a lot but I don't always accomplish all I think I'm going to get done. Seems like a lot of my time is spent driving back and forth to Mom's or the grocery store or whatever. The hardest part of my day is mornings when DH is sleeping because I can't do a lot of chores that might wake him. Our house is small and most anything I do is going to be somewhat noisy....so I'm always behind in chores.

Scale is inching back down....the big challenge will be this weekend with book club and 2 birthday parties. I don't have a problem saying no to the cakes but I don't know what food will be served so I'm concerned about the meal. I may eat something before I go so that I don't have to worry so much...there's usually at least a salad and although I know the dressing they use has sugar it's better than chowing down on a lot of food that I shouldn't be having.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:43 AM   #1196

Happy Thursday!!

Looks like your sleep schedule is trying to work itself out. Do you think cutting back on the amount of grains is helping??

Scale is up after my up day as expected. Bouncy, Bouncy.

As long as both the Up Day bounce and the Down Day bounce go lower and lower each time I'm happy.

If I'm super strict with myself today then I should be rewarded with a "new" low tomorrow. As well as making my goal I have for each week in order to meet my B'day Goal.

Yes, I'm aware I wasn't going to make any goals this year but... I can't help it.

The problem I have right now is fighting the urge to tweak things. I started having the "I'm not losing" thoughts again. Started to have a panic attack about it. All the usual stuff that happens right before I sabotage myself.

Then I looked at the calendar I keep track of my weight on. I checked from Up Day to Up Day(for the week) and Down Day to Down Day... they are both showing losses. So now matter how I look at it... I AM LOSING.

So, I need to get over myself and just keep my rotations going.

Did my usual Sun Salutations this morning as a warm up then continued into a 10 minute video that I saw online and liked. It was a HUGE struggle but I did it and I'll continue to do it until it's easier before I move on to something a little harder. Boy my shoulders are feeling it.

Gotta run and finish answering emails, then set up lessons for the day.
Laterz!!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:25 AM   #1197
Bike Tart

Scale is the same but I'm ok with that....I feel like it's going to go down more soon....hope it's not wishful thinking!

Lots to do today...hair appt. in about an hour, then to Mom's, then pick up Kayli and go eat at Red Robin....back to our house to Skype with DS2 for his birthday and then when it's time we'll take Kayli home. If the wind doesn't get bad we'll hot tub tonight.

Sleep was ok last night....I don't know if the lack of grains is helping but I do know that my shoulder and upper back muscles don't hurt as bad so that helps with sleep. The massages are helping!

I have some sort of detox type rash going on right now....mixed some coconut oil with some tea tree oil in hopes that it will help get rid of it. I'm sure it's from some of the supplements I was taking last week....I have to get back to taking them so this may be ongoing for a little while. I hope this mixture helps it go away or at least lessens the discomfort.

Better go get dressed and get ready to go....yes, I'm still in my robe...lazy morning! I spent most of the morning reading when I should have been doing chores!
Old 01-24-2014, 04:39 AM   #1198

Happy Friday!!

My first bad, after down day, weigh in this morning.

Trying not to let it get to me but you know how it can be.

Only 4wks left till Endo appointment and at the current rate of loss I may not even break even.

But I so desperately want that extra 10lbs off. It'll just save a whole lot of hassle and anger during the appointment.

Okay enough feeling sorry for myself. There's going to be a lot of walking today if the weather is nice enough for us to go on our field trip. I'll be super strict about my up day cals today and I will try to keep my down day as low as possible tomorrow. Hopefully it'll make up for the set back.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:15 PM   #1199
Bike Tart

We had such a nice evening with Kayli last night! Good food at Red Robin (I did have a couple of onion rings and the 3 of us split the free ice cream I got for my birthday)....scale was the same this morning....works for me.

We bought some cupcakes and candles so we could sing Happy Birthday to DS when we Skyped with him....it was fun and he was really surprised that Kayli was there....we Skyped for 3 hours! It was mostly DS, Kayli and Ruth making faces at each other and laughing!

Book Club in a few hours....food is almost ready and I'm looking forward to fun that has nothing to do with anything else in my life! It's so nice to have this group of women to hang out with once a month!

It's going to be a challenging weekend....2 birthday parties with lots of food and I'm sure it won't be on plan stuff. I'll have to maybe make a salad to take with me tomorrow....I know they will probably have a little bit of something I can eat but safer to bring my own food. I'll find out tomorrow what will be served at the party on Sunday so I can decide what to do for that. If I can get through these 2 parties without too much trouble I'll be happy!
Old 01-25-2014, 05:08 AM   #1200

Happy Weekend!!

Glad you had a good night with Kayli and your son.
And that you had a good book club night as well.

We had fun out yesterday. We kept it close to home because of the icy roads and just overall freezing cold. Makes it hard for me to go out and enjoy stuff with them. So, they made the choice to do something that would keep me warm and low on the pain scale.

The movie Frozen and some shopping. Then we learned about snow and made some snowflakes. Counts as science and art.

Today we have a TON of errands to run but it'll have to wait until it's warmed up a little. I can barely move this morning between the popcorn and the cold.

Scale is down from yesterday's Up Day in spite of the popcorn swelling. It's also definitely down from the last Up Day.

Today's Down Day will be interesting because I'm hungry but I'll try to stick to the lower end of my calories if I can.

I will say something though... I grabbed a pair of pants and put them on. Then realized they were my size smaller jeans.... they shouldn't have fit... and yet... I wore them out {{comfortably}} for our field trip.

So, even if I'm not losing as fast as I'd like my shape is changing enough to go down a size in the last 2 or 3wks.