Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #91
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
I'm finally here.....the last day or two have been fail as far as food goes....I spent time today and cooked ahead so I'm better prepared now.

Talked with my PT and she said to keep the stretching and massage going as much as possible throughout the day...she had an appt. yesterday with her podiatrist (she has plantar fasciitis right now, too!)....she also said she is going to start doing massage as a side job so I am thinking of having her come to do my feet once a week so I get an extra good foot massage outside of PT....

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
You can do this sweetie. Just get right back on track. Keep looking forward.

Scale was the same here even after I added a small paleo-ish treat for afternoon snack. Which I'm extremely glad about. I really like the fact that when I'm ready I'll maintain fairly easily as long as I don't eat the typical american diet.

But right now I want to lose. So, back to the basics again.
Very Low Carb, High Fat, Moderate Protein. I have a set number of cals I am currently liking but as long as I meet the other requirements the cals aren't written in stone.

I have to admit that I was worried about hubby keeping up his exercise while he was gone and I ended up being the one that didn't keep it up. Between all the last minute schooling, trying to keep the kids entertained, and being the single parent I just couldn't find the energy to do the exercise. I got "some" done... but not all of it... so it'll be like starting the routine over again when he gets here.

Oh well.. I'm really hoping this is the last trip until the Academy. Then that will give us a good solid 9wks to get him ready. He has bum knees because of football injuries so we're trying to get him as strong as possible to be ready for all the exercise they'll be making him do.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:46 AM   #93

Happy Friday!!!

I'm slowly creeping down on the scale bit by bit. It's not as fast as I would like but until my appetite cuts back a little I'll have to be happy with having my fill and losing very slowly.

So for now I'm continuing:
75% or more Fat, Moderate Protein,
Low Carb, and rotating cals
(1000 to 1200 on DD and 2200 on UD)

This currently seems to be my magic number. Now, I'm wondering if I can get the exercise on track fully will that increase my loss or hinder it. We'll be finding out soon.

The public schools will be out today I think. So, the kids and I can start walking in the mornings without worrying about getting in the middle of all the buses and students. That's the only drawback about living near 4 different schools within walking distance.

I really look forward to the extra walking though.....
Old 06-16-2012, 02:00 AM   #94
Bike Tart

I had such a busy day....even though it's technically Saturday I'll be talking about Friday...

Had a few errands in the morning, then PT and then my Aunt, Uncle, Cousin and her son came over for the afternoon to get some pool time...we had such a good time and it was a nice break from constantly worrying about Mom and all my other problems.

Had a fun evening with book club....ate awful....

I'm just having a really hard time caring right now...I know it's because I can't do any of the activities that I enjoy doing.

Need to get back to the high fat, mod. protein and low carb...I know that the stuff I ate at book club was not what I should be eating and I'm paying for it now by the hunger I'm feeling in the middle of the night....I never have that normally...I am going to grab a little bit of chicken thigh that's already cooked and then hopefully I'll be able to get back to sleep....
Old 06-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #95

Happy Saturday and big Linda!!!

Beth if you're lurking.

Today the scale is up a smidge but I also woke up swollen. I went back over the last few days to gauge what my body isn't tolerating and I may have pinpointed it. I'll avoid those items the next few days and see how much of a difference it makes.

I've also been stockpiling smoothie recipes on pinterest. Some primal... some not.... I'll be going back and seeing which ones really interest me. Making adjustments where needed and then start replacing at least 1 or 2 meals a day with smoothies... I just can't eat much during the summer. But I still need to have "something" or I'll end up sick.

So, I'm trying to find my compromise.

I'll still try to keep to my ratios since those seem to be working for me right now.

As of Monday workouts will be picking up majorly and just overall daily movement will be more since the kids and I will no longer be stuck doing lessons each day.

Okay I'm off to finish the kids breakfast... Bacon/egg cups

Then I'll have to call the hubby and wake him up to wish him a

Wish he were here to celebrate.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:31 AM   #96

Happy Father's Day!!

Had another drop on the scale.... I don't know if I ever said but I'm actually re-losing some weight trying to get back to my 100lbs off. I had a jump up around my TOM that did not want to go back down and I'm dealing with that... Just a few more and I'll be back... Just in time for TOM to be here again.

I'm hoping with my current protocol that it will continue down instead of the usual jump up lately. It seems like I go up during ovulation and TOM... and spend the rest of the month trying to lose it again.

So, rotating cals, 75% or more Fat, moderate protein, and low carbs( falling between 20 and 30 lately).... Seem to be doing the trick.
Really hoping it continues for quite a while.

And of course since I'm usually not fond of meat during the summer heat I'm still looking at smoothies that will fall under my requirements.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 06-17-2012 at 06:33 AM..
Old 06-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #97
Bike Tart

I'm glad your plan is working for you, Dawn....I'm still looking for the wagon that I fell off of a while back....DS said it's coming to our street to get us tomorrow! LOL!

Happy Father's Day to your DH....mine has to work today so I made a good lunch for him and sent him on his way. I'm making a cake for Stepfather and will be going to deliver it to him soon...DS is going along and then we'll come home and go in the pool for a bit.

I'm puffy and really hurt today....I am thinking all the extra pain I've been having lately is due to a change in one of the meds so I'm going to see if I can get it changed back to what it was before...I don't know what else to do or say to the dr. because no matter what we try something isn't right...the one B med that wasn't a problem causes kidney damage....all the others I've tried have had other side effects...

Well, better go frost the cake and divide it up...I told DH I'd keep some for him!

Had a nice chat on the phone with DS2...this is his first Father's Day with both of his girls! He sounded really happy! Kayli made him a bracelet that says Best Dad and we made the chocolate cake for her to bring to him on Friday...he loved it, of course! They went to the zoo this morning and were planning on going to the Science Institute this afternoon if Baby Ruth woke in time from her nap....
Old 06-18-2012, 05:03 AM   #98

Glad you had a good day Linda and that things seem to be falling in place for your son and his girls. Hope you get the pain issue figured out soon. And today begins a new fresh start... You can do it!!!

I'm now down to pre-TOM weight with 1wk left before my next round. I can only hope that I get some more off before it hits officially. And what would be even better is continuing to lose during TOM instead of the recent bounce ups.

So.... at this point I'm:

1) rotating cals... DD's are 1000 to 1200..... UD's are 2000 to 2200
so it's not technically official Up Day/Down Day rotations for "weight loss" but I still managed to lose so I'm not going to fuss....

2) 75% or more Fat

3) 50g or less carbs... usually falling between 20 to 30

4) moderate protein... just enough in combo with the fat to maintain muscle for the moment. I'll go higher when I'm ready to build muscle.

And I didn't really do more than the minimum workouts this past week even though I'd planned on working my hiney off. LOL

Once hubby is home I think it'll be a little easier to get those extra workouts in. That way we have "family workouts" but I also have some alone time workouts.

Sometimes I just really prefer working out by myself and really don't like having to either get up super early or stay up super late just to have that time.

Onward and Downward!!

I hope...

It's going to take a while but when I get in the 200 to 210 range I'll be starting a countdown to onederland. To keep myself excited. LOL
Old 06-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #99
Bike Tart

Back from PT and errands.....I have been doing a lot of thinking on what I need to do to get back on track and basically I'll be doing similar to what you're doing, Dawn....not so much up and down days but higher fat/med. protein/low carb. Exercise will be an issue that I have to work around for now but I'm sure I'll be able to do something. I have some ideas to try that shouldn't bother my feet.

I'm going to make a nice BLT salad for lunch....DH will be having his leftovers from yesterday. I have chicken thighs for dinner...just need to heat them up!

I'm going to get a bunch of stuff cooked ahead and I am going to make a list of what I need to do to be more proactive...tired of sitting here feeling like crap and feeling sorry for myself. As much as I hate to do it, I am going to journal again for a while, too...
Old 06-19-2012, 05:28 AM   #100

Morning,

Scale is a smidge up today but I know why so no biggie. Gonna attempt to flush the swelling out today.

Starting to have some trouble with my leg veins again but again I know why so I need to work on that.... I haven't been keeping my legs elevated when sitting during the day working on lessons. And I haven't been getting up and moving around as much as I should so that I'm not sitting for extended lengths of time...... ugh

Also getting more weight off will help........

I was soooo close to the next set of 10's.... that's what I call each set of number... like 20 something, 30 something, etc....

So, I was right on the dot and ready to fall over into the next set of 10's. then I went up...... so although I understand it... it's still frustrating.

So plan of action for the day. Going to tighten the reins on the carbs today even more. Push for under 20 if I can. I'm going to really push the fat up as much as I can. It'll be tough because I don't have a gallbladder so that can make life interesting.

And of course as much water as I can stand without being waterlogged.

Tons more paperwork and such to do with DS today so I'll try to make sure I get up and move around more......
Old 06-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #101
Bike Tart

I don't plan on weighing till the puffiness is gone....I'm sure it's from the weekend still....plus the 90+ degree weather doesn't help.

I checked my BP today and it was up....so I need to work on getting it back in range...I'm sure the retention is part of it as is the constant inflammation in my feet. It went down a bit after I took my midday dose of meds so I'll keep an eye on it for now....will call if it doesn't improve in a couple of days or if I start feeling worse.

Food is going good although it would be so easy to cave if I had the wrong foods here...I need to get that motivation back or at least make a little progress to keep my positive. Hard to be positive through all the pain right now...feet are a bit better today but hip/IT band are really pulling so it's really sore...can't do the stretches for that because I have to stand on my sore feet....therapist says wait....
Old 06-20-2012, 04:34 AM   #102

Morning,

I shouldn't have weighed this morning but it's such a habit at this point.

Kids decided they wanted "Taco Tuesday". So I made homemade tacos and had taco guts on a salad. Although I stuck to plan I knew the sodium would do me in and boy did it. Up almost 3lbs and my joints are screaming at me.

So, the name of the game will be a DD(fat fast style) and TONS of fluids.

hopefully not only will the fluid be gone tomorrow but it will take a friend with it.

Other than that not much else going on. Hubby will FINALLY be home in a few hours so we're getting ready for him.

Then DS and I will work on some more school stuff while Daddy gets some sleep.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:03 AM   #103
Bike Tart

I'm up early, very little sleep so I'll be trying for a nap later....have been thinking of various non impact exercises I can do...I'm going to write down all my ideas and try them to see what will work for me for now. I need to do something!!!

Going to go make some eggs in a minute, chicken for lunch, salad for tonight or maybe just a shake. I'll see what sounds better when it's time...

Need to go to the grocery store at some point....
Old 06-21-2012, 04:23 AM   #104

Morning,

Down about half the swelling from taco guts the day before yesterday.

That's even after being very careful with my day and drinking plenty of fluids.

Oh well... moving on.... It's very tempting to keep calories low again today but I need to have my Up Day so I....

1) don't feel deprived all the time
and
2) hopefully keep the metabolism guessing and the weight going down.

Exercise:
45 minute bike ride sometime today and a walk after dinner are planned
also some body weight exercises
Old 06-21-2012, 08:54 AM   #105
Bike Tart

Back from PT...had to stop at the grocery store for a couple of things...not feeling up to a big grocery trip but needed a couple of things to get through the next few days...

Puffiness is going away but I still feel lousy....really tired but no time for a nap. Going to Mom's today...when I get home I'm not doing anything for the rest of the day other than making dinner...

I'm making BLT wraps for lunch...mine will be a salad...
Old 06-22-2012, 05:40 AM   #106

Hey Sweeties!! Hope you ladies had a good day yesterday!!

Doing good here. Scale is back down the swelling from two days ago... FINALLY... Even after an Up Up and Away Day.... I do not understand my body at all. But I'll take it...

Today is a DD and I'm looking forward to it. It's funny how that works out after a really good UD.

I'm considering switching to UD/DD rotations with regular food. I'll still keep my carbs below 100g. but if I want a sandwich or something and I have the calories for it I may go ahead and eat it.

I am strapped financially right now and the amount of money required to buy so much protein, fat, etc.... is just draining.

As long as I lose and my autoimmune issues don't flare I'll keep it up.

But if I gain or my disease flares then I'll know I can't do it and will just have to cut money elsewhere.

I haven't made the official decision yet but will be seriously thinking about it over the weekend. It would be nice to have a sandwich or a bowl of oatmeal, etc...... I still won't eat junk or if I do it would be only occasionally. We'll see......

No rush to make decisions right this minute..

Plus I am still feeling really off meat/cooked stuff because of the summer heat.... so who knows.. I may live on smoothies all summer.

exercise:
today is sprinting on the bike and a walk after dinner
Old 06-22-2012, 07:49 AM   #107
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Got on the scale and it wasn't horrible...most of the puffies are gone, I think...took BP yesterday and it was good so I'm not going to worry about it anymore...I'm thinking all the retention a few days ago was the reason it was up.

I'm going to try a recipe for gf/sf bagels today....the comments were that while it really wasn't tasting exactly like a bagel it was a good sub. With us going camping next week with 3 other families, there was talk of bagels for breakfast one of the mornings and I just don't want to go off plan any more than I absolutely have to. It's going to be a challenge all weekend and I do know already that there are one or two things I'll be eating off plan. If the bagels are good I'll share the recipe...

I need to get back to doing smoothies for breakfast...I used to do that all the time...

I've been thinking of what I can do to help alleviate the pain I always have when I go from sitting to standing and I think I'll do like I did after my knee surgery...get up every half hour and walk a couple laps around the inside of the house...maybe I just sit too long because when I'm up it hurts...so I figure if I keep moving it will keep things more flexible...
Old 06-23-2012, 05:10 AM   #108

Happy Weekend Ladies!!

Well, I stuck to my DD calories, kept my carbs below 100 with "regular food", and was rewarded with a significant drop on the scale.

Since today is an UD and we're going to the movies I expect the normal bounce but will try not to freak.

So, again I'll eat what I want within reason. Think... eating veggies first, having some protein, and then if I want a very small dessert not beating myself up over it as long as it fits within my guidelines.

Exercise:
Today is a 10 minute intense strength training session
a walk at some point
and maybe a bike ride if I have the energy(probably not)
Tomorrow is a hike and I'm hoping to get out to the beach for that.

Hiking then jump in the water to cool off.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #109
Bike Tart

Congrats, Dawn!!!

I went to SIL's last night...they were making pizza for the first time in their new outdoor pizza oven! So I had some...they are small pizzas and were cut into lots of very small pieces...maybe a little over an inch wide (there was a houseful of people) so out of each pizza I had one tiny piece...they were delicious!

We have 2 birthday parties today....I will do my best at both....I'll skip the cake and be very careful on the rest.

BP is still down so I really believe that the problem at the beginning of the week was from all the retention and all the bad food I had eaten over the weekend. The only problem I am now having is I really think that the leg pain and weakness is a side effect of the BP med....I'll talk with the dr. when I go next month.

I did some of my stretches already and will do the rest in a little while...need to run an errand but first I want to paint my toes! I got some pretty purple polish for this summer!
Old 06-24-2012, 06:18 AM   #110

Morning,

Glad the BP is doing better Linda.

Doing good here. The expected Up on the scale happened but not nearly as bad as expected after enjoying myself yesterday. So that's cool.

As long as I'm good for today's DD then I should be continuing down tomorrow.

exercise was supposed to be a hike and swim today but we didn't make it out to the beach.

So, I'll probably either do a long bike ride or a longer neighborhood walk.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #111
Bike Tart

Well, if I was doing UD and DD I would have succeeded as an overly UD yesterday....I did ok at my cousin's picnic...had a bit of potato salad and a cupcake but other than that only meat....then we went to the party at SIL's....pizzas from the new wood burning outdoor oven...."had" to try a piece of almost every kind they made....plus the dessert pizzas....I stayed off the scale today....

I hope to do some cooking today but who knows how long I'll be able to stand to do it...after checking finances I've decided to drop PT after this coming week...can't justify the expense now that I've used up the tax return money on co-pays...will have to talk with therapist to see what I can do at home....
Old 06-25-2012, 05:25 AM   #112

Happy Monday!!

Yesterday was good. No loss on the scale but TOM is visiting early so no surprise there.

Today is an Up Day.

Exercise:
45 minute bike ride and a walk after dinner
Old 06-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #113

I just wanted to write out my constant daily struggle with the calories right now....

It's not what you would think....

I'm not having trouble keeping them down...

So much as keeping them Up on my Up Days.

What I'm fighting is all the low calorie dieting I did that first year that I was losing really well. My daily was 800 to 1000 cals for so long that allowing myself 2000+ on my Up Days feels like I'm cheating. Even if it's all healthy food.

I need to come to terms with the fact that it is the number that I need to support my current body size. It will go down when my body gets smaller but right now we're trying to avoid the whole starvation issue.... which means keeping it up at maintenance levels on those UDs.

Because I'm not hungry today I found myself going back to the calorie calculator and figuring out the numbers for smaller weights...

The mentality of "If I can lose at this number then maybe I'll lose faster if I use my number for my goal weight"...... This is not a good place to be in.

I need to fight it off... I don't want to get to that weight and then not be able to eat normal levels because I broke myself.

Okay... now I'm going to go make myself a really calorie dense shake for brunch. Hopefully it'll trigger my hunger for today.

Editing to add: I had eggs and sausage for brunch instead. I'll have that shake for my afternoon snack.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 06-25-2012 at 07:51 AM..
Old 06-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #114
Bike Tart

Hi Dawn! Had PT this morning and told them that this week is my last week....just can't justify the cost anymore...spent all our tax return money on it...my therapist is starting massage on the weekends so I'm going to have her come on Sundays to do my foot...I told her she can bring her kids and they can go in the pool while she does my foot on the deck...she can go in the pool when we're done, too! She's good with that!

Food is going ok, have another new stretch...this one for the hip flexors...everything is going around in a big loop from feet to knees to hips and back...ugh!

Hope you can get enough calories on your UD to make it work good...more fat maybe?
Old 06-26-2012, 05:35 AM   #115

Hey There!!

Up on the scale this morning but between TOM and yesterday's Up Day it's not unexpected.

Today as you can see is now a DD and I'm looking forward to it.

I'm also unfortunately dealing with some autoimmune related joint issues. So, I may have found my cryptonite with eating regular foods. I'll give it the rest of the week before I decide what to eliminate first.

Then hubby will be gone and it'll be easier to figure out which particular foods I'm sensitive to.

exercise:
30 minutes intense strength training and a walk after dinner

Since it's my lower body that's hurting the most I'll focus on upper body strength today.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #116
Bike Tart

We're taking granddaughter out to lunch today! We're going to the Hu Hot Mongolian grill for stir fry...can't wait!

Not much else going on....still staying off the scale for a bit although most of the puffiness is gone.

Have to do all my stretches and then get busy getting things together for our camping trip!
Old 06-27-2012, 05:26 AM   #117

Morning,

Today is another busy day. Some paperwork for the first part of the day. Then running errands to get ready for a quiet little b'day party for William.

Can't believe he's 9yrs old today.

I'm down on the scale but not all the way down from the last Up Day so a bit disappointed. Tempted me to have another DD today but I'm going to stick to my rotations. Especially since I have a birthday dinner to enjoy.

Exercise:
Today is a rest day other than a walk after dinner.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #118
Bike Tart

We had a great day! Well, some of it was great....we did a lot of shopping for camping, picnics, etc. today. Then when DS got out of work he stopped and picked up Kayli so she could spend the evening here....we cooked over the campfire for supper (not on plan) and then had some pool time...the cooked on the fire again for dessert...he left about a half hour ago to take her home....we won't see her again till the birthday picnic on the 7th.

Talked on the phone with DS2 and DIL today, too...looks like Baby Ruth is taking after her Dad and has a bit of eczema...I told her to eliminate grains if she can...I had never pushed it with DS but I've read more about it since he was little and told DIL I will send her links of what I find out. Hopefully she won't have it bad...DS doesn't have it really bad but enough that he has flare ups that bother him.

Anyways, back to me....scale the same....feet felt good all day till tonight and now they hurt again....I will try to stick as close to on plan as I can the next week or so but with all the festivities going on I'm sure I won't do as good as I hope to do...I'll try to at least maintain....
Old 06-28-2012, 05:17 AM   #119

Morning,

Definitely some good advice for your grand baby and her eczema. I know mine flares up really bad on my face if I eat the things I know affect it.

Crazy busy but fun day yesterday. Enjoyed my Up Day immensely and then was blessed with a down swing on the scale.

Today is now a very looked forward to Down Day.

Exercise:
45 minute bike ride and a walk after dinner

I have another busy day today finalizing some paperwork that I have to mail out tomorrow. As well as making sure all the laundry is caught up so that hubby can start packing. Tomorrow we're going to try to get any last minute stuff done before he heads out yet again.

Then it'll be time to balance summer fun and renovations while trying to get ready for family coming to stay.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #120
Bike Tart

Last PT today...can't afford the company's anymore....will have her come on weekends to massage my foot once things settle down...she will earn a little extra and it won't cost me so much.

Going crazy trying to get ready for camping...I'm sure I'll forget a lot...

Will post more once I get home...at Mom's on the iPad...