Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2013, 05:09 AM   #1141
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Good Morning! We had a great day yesterday! My sister made good food and while it wasn't on plan I kept my portions small and I think the bounce up on the scale is only retention. My ankles are a little puffy but not my feet!

Today I have to get the house finished for my book club Christmas party (tomorrow night). I hope to get it all finished so I can relax tomorrow!

We've been invited to SIL's house for NYE so I guess we'll go there....not sure yet...it will be an evening of appetizers and snacks. BIL's band is playing but I guess no one is going to that.

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2013, 04:20 AM   #1142
Bike Tart

I really need to lay off the pickles! I'm puffy this morning and that the only thing that I can think of that did it.

Today is book club Christmas party....not ready at all so I'll be really busy today. DH said he'll do the bathrooms for me! They need a good wipe down and I still didn't put the holiday decorations in one bathroom so I'll do that...thankfully it's only a couple of things.

Meeting Mom's social worker this morning and then rushing back to finish everything. Looking forward to a fun evening!
Old 12-27-2013, 05:07 AM   #1143
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Every Day is a New Start
Happy Friday!!

You beat me today.

Hope you get everything done and have an awesome get together tonight!!

I started attempting the plan yesterday. Can't say I was 100% but I was better than the previous two days.

I ended my first week with a loss and the second week is holding steady so far. I'm fine with holding steady with all that holiday eating. We won't even get into all that it entailed.

I do hope that if I'm careful from here on out that I'll end week 2 with the loss I should have had in W1.

I've done Sun Salutations for the last few mornings. Tonight I'll add in Moon Salutations before bed. After a couple days of that I'll begin a mild weight lifting program. Have to listen to my arm and be extra careful.

Even though I would love to just jump right back into KBs.

Walking of course is happening when ever I get the chance. We'll be doing a lot tonight and tomorrow. Sunday will be sitting in a movie but it's at the mall so it's possible to stretch my legs after. If everyone else is agreeable.

Just have to try not to spend any money.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:44 AM   #1144
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Had a fun evening with the girls.....only 2 came....2 were sick and one had to go to a funeral...the last one we didn't hear one way or the other from but we think she may be out of town visiting family...not sure with her. DH ended up eating with us and had fun chatting with the ladies! Then he went downstairs to work on stuff in the basement while we kept talking and laughing. After they left I took a nap in the recliner till hot tub time.

I told DH I'm not doing anything today. I'm tired and never seem to get much of a chance to just do nothing. I'll make meals and I'll probably only do nothing till after lunch and then be bored. I think I'm going to start taking down the trees and decorations a little at a time. I'll leave some of it up longer but the main tree has the bottom third lights burned out and since it doesn't have my fancy ornaments on it I don't feel like we need to leave it up.

My feet are really puffy from the food last night....crackers and cheese, little sausages and then a chocolate peppermint trifle for dessert. We also had cherry brandy slushes...good stuff! And now I pay for it with puffy feet/ankles and a huge bounce up on the scale...

We're invited to SIL's for New Year's Eve but I think we're going to pass. I think my Aunt may be staying with us that night and although she is welcome to go to the party I know there will be a lot of food there that I shouldn't eat and I will get right back into the same rut with food that has kept me off plan for so long. Easier to stay home with snacks that are on plan!
Old 12-29-2013, 05:17 AM   #1145
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Spent a lot of time napping yesterday! Of course then I couldn't sleep once I went to bed....looks like I may be napping again today...

Scale is still way up and I'm still puffy. I decided it's time to just let go of the idea that a tiny bit of off plan food at family festivities is not a problem....it is a problem and I'm the one that suffers when I do it. So for now I'm going to be extra strict....need to get back on track and stay there. I sort of have a plan in mind and will work on the details in the next day or so. I have a few things in the fridge (on plan!) that need to be used up and then I'm going to clean the fridge and get groceries in a couple of days.

We didn't do anything with the decorations yet....maybe today. I saw a post on FB about New Year resolutions and even though I've never really made them I've been thinking a lot about it. I need to set some serious goals...not all weight related....and work on achieving them. I need this new year to be way better than the last few years.

Today is the big football game around here....Packers vs. Bears....hope the Packers win it.....I'm going to see if DS2 has time to Skype before the game...we had hoped to do that during Christmas but never found a chance to do it.

Have a great day!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:08 AM   #1146

Happy Monday!!

Company leaves later this morning/afternoon. I've already started back on my shakes because I'm sooooo sick of junk food.

DH asked me to wait until my official weigh in day(even though we all know I weigh every single day ).... Anyway, I officially record it on my account on Thursday. So, he wants me to wait until then to even peek at the scale. He's afraid I'll see a horrible number and completely fall apart.

I have to admit that it's driving me nuts not knowing though. But since I never weigh after I've had fluids or food I made sure to have my shake right away. Before I had a chance to be tempted by that scale.

I was able to do 2 rounds of Sun Salutations today. I've even managed one night of Moon Salutations.

I'm hoping to get into a routine of both every single day plus as much walking as I can get in.

Once I feel secure that I won't drop it I'll start back up with the teeny tiny 5lb KB.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:16 AM   #1147
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I'm still really puffy.....it hurts....scale is still way up...I know it's retention but I hate those numbers!

Congrats on the yoga....I really miss exercise a lot and hope to get started with it again soon....I especially miss kb work! I'll be starting with the weinie kb, too...

My 2 Aunts are coming tomorrow night for a NYE sleepover... It should be fun and it will be nice to stay home with them! I'll be making a crockpot chicken pot pie filling and serving it over grain free buns. We'll be having some adult beverages, though.... I'll make eggs for breakfast...need to get some sausage or bacon....maybe I'll just make a quiche....that would be easy!

Have to go to Mom's this morning, then get my driver's license renewed and then go get groceries....wish I could skip it all....I've got a headache and I think it's getting worse....guess I'll have to take something for it.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:53 PM   #1148
Bike Tart

Busy morning here....went to town for errands, stopped at Mom's and then home again...caught up on a coupe of shows and now it's time to get ready for the Aunts....they are supposed to be here in a little while. We'll have dinner, do some hot tub time and watch some movies or TV shows. DH and I will also have our own hot tub time later tonight.

Need to go get some food made for tonight. Trying a new no cook cheesecake type dessert that is actually on plan...sort of....it would be all the way on plan if I had peppermint extract but I have to use chopped candy canes instead so there will be a bit of sugar in the dessert.

Hope you have a Happy New Year's Eve! See ya next year!
Old 12-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #1149

Happy New Years Eve!!

Hope you enjoy your sleepover.

We're keeping it low key. Especially after all the ER fun.
It has me exhausted.

I'm doing better but still not over the dang migraine.

They said it could take two days... So, hopefully when I wake up on a new day in a New Year it will be migraine free. And ready to start our new good habits for the year.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:38 AM   #1150

Happy New Year!!

Did a Day 1 reality check on the scale. Even though the hubby wanted me to wait until Thursday.

Ummmmm.... Reality is not so fun.....

Can't cry over it... Just need to move on and hope that the majority of it is the swelling from the hospital plus it's almost time for TOM.

Onward and Downward.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #1151
Bike Tart

Happy New Year! Yes, that starting number is not so happy! I'm down a lb from yesterday but still have retention so I'm still up....

Having a fun time with the Aunts.....need to go figure out what to make for lunch.....I'm thinking soup!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:03 AM   #1152

Happy Thursday!!

Down exactly 7lbs over night. Definitely points to most of it being fluid from the hospital. Still not happy with the current weight but oh well... I won't be happy for quite a while. Might as well accept it.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:41 AM   #1153
Bike Tart

It's snowing like crazy so I'm staying home today....my one Aunt went home yesterday and the other is here till tomorrow. We're just going to stay in and watch TV and talk all day.

Scale is still way up and I'm still way puffy....I really need to get all the way off grains....

Making meatloaf for lunch and also making a recipe that I normally make with rice and will be using cauliflower instead...I hope it's good! If so, I will definitely keep it in the rotation!
Old 01-02-2014, 10:27 AM   #1154

They are saying we'll get snow tonight.

Kids are hoping it'll stick. We'll see.

I'll have to run out and get groceries as soon as DH gets home from work so that we're stocked up. We don't go anywhere when snow/ice is on the ground because people around here freak out and drive dangerously.

Just easier to stay home.

Otherwise I'm working on paperwork, chores, decluttering, blah, blah, blah.... All the usual fun.....

I'll start taking down Christmas stuff this weekend and hopefully getting the house ready for another huge purge. That was the good thing about having "surprise" company we had to get things straight very quickly just to make room. If we can continue the momentum then we'll be where I'd like to be by the spring. Ready for a full inside/out, top to bottom deep cleaning. Followed by all the spring projects of painting walls, replacing flooring, etc...

I can't wait but also dread it.

I have no idea what I'm doing plan wise. I'm just eating what I want and that currently is the special program. Mainly because it's easy. Just open packet and add water. If I manage to lose weight doing this it would be awesome. I guess we'll see soon enough.

7wks till my Endo appointment and I'll be happy if I can walk in with a 15lb loss this time instead of 10lbs.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #1155
Bike Tart

I thought I had all the ingredients to make the cauliflower dish but no....had to improvise with a few things so I wonder how it will taste?! Will get the ingredients to make it as I usually do another time.

Not much else going on....going to shower after lunch and then get back into jammies and robe!

My Aunt is busy on her iPad looking for some travel stuff....she wants to take a freight ship around the world....she's been reading the info to me as she finds it and it's very interesting! I imagine this will keep her busy for most of the afternoon....I'm just going to lounge today.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:48 AM   #1156

Happy Friday!!

Hope the dish came out okay and you enjoyed the night with your Aunt. I am so jealous of that hot tub time.

Scale is down a smidge more today. About half a pound I think.

I am kind of naturally falling into an Up Day/Down Day pattern. Even with the special meals. Kind of interesting how that happens.

I'm just going to go with it. It's nice to just eat instinctively with these easy meals.

It becomes more of a "Eat to live" not "Live to eat" and I really needed that.

I have enough meals for the next 4wks but not sure how I'm going to pay for it beyond that. I guess we'll see what happens.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #1157
Bike Tart

The cauliflower dish turned out good....just enough leftover for a serving for DH's dinner tonight.

My Aunt has moved on to my cousin's house till Sunday when she and my cousin's son will take the train back to CA....my cousin's son is going out to CA so he can visit some breweries and some wineries....he'll stay with our Aunt till it's time to come back when his winter break from college is over.

This means I can finally get all the way back on track.....grain free and sugar free....I need this retention to be gone.

Had a great massage today and a nap when I got home....DH and I are going to watch a dvd tonight. Leftovers for dinner...

It's really cold out and is supposed to stay really cold and colder for the next several days. I'm staying in all weekend if I can. Of course I will still try to get my hot tub time with DH!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:20 AM   #1158

Happy Saturday!!

Hope your family have safe travels.
Glad the dish turned out well. Something to put into the rotation now.
Hope you can get the swelling gone quickly.

Well, I've lost 10lbs of fluid in the last 3 days.
And that's WITH starting TOM today.

Today would fall on an UD rotation if I should choose. I'll aim for the lower end but if I'm hungry enough I can take it all the way to the most they allow on program and still, hopefully, lose. Just not as much.

I did my yoga movement yesterday but not sure I'll be able to do it today with the crummy TOM feelings. Maybe some gentle stretching, no inversions, and meditation. Later we'll be walking so that will help out.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:02 AM   #1159
Bike Tart

I'll be starting to take down all the decorations today....DS is coming over to get some stuff so I'll have him help me with a few things....I'll have to feed him....good way to use up leftovers!

I'm going to seriously start working on cleaning and organizing my house once the decorations are down. One room at a time! Living room first because it's the easiest. I just have to deep clean and get everything back in place. When I move on to the other rooms I'll have to decide which rooms need doing the soonest. I really think my pantry will be next and then my bedroom. We want to paint the other bedrooms so they will have to wait a bit.

Scale is slowly inching down as the retention leaves a little bit at a time. My goal right now is to be below my bounce range by my birthday....that gives me 2 weeks....I'll have to be very strict but I think I can do it....it will depend on the number I'm at when the retention is gone.

We'll be eating leftovers and stuff that needs to be used up for the next few days....it's supposed to get super cold here after tomorrow but I'll have to be out in it to go to Mom's so I may be able to pick up some groceries on Monday or Tuesday....
Old 01-05-2014, 09:34 AM   #1160

Happy Sunday!!

Got through 2 rounds of Sun Salutations without too much trouble today. I felt so good at the time I contemplated a 3rd but was scared it would be too much for my arm. I regretted it for a little while but then the soreness crept in and I was very glad I decided to wait.

We'll see how the Moon Salutations go tonight before I decide on number of rounds tomorrow.

I'm also down some more. Woo Hoo!!
I seem to falling into a groove that I've had trouble getting back over the past 2.5yrs.

It's like greeting an old friend in a warm hug.

Just hope it stays for a while.

Even the hubby has noticed a change and told me to go ahead and find a way for another month or two on the plan if it continues this great.

Now I'm off to run some errands once the kids get their showers. Have haircuts for the guys and some drawers to get for my closet. Gave my dresser to DD and now I need something to replace it.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #1161
Bike Tart

Working on taking down the trees....watching the football game....it's cold and expected to get colder as the day goes on....it will be too cold for hot tubbing the next few nights....

Scale is inching down as the retention is going away....wish it would go faster!

Not much else going on....need to do some cooking but don't feel like it today...just want to bundle up and nap!
Old 01-06-2014, 05:45 AM   #1162

Happy Monday!!

We never got around to our tree/decorations. Oops...

Will try to work on it during the week with the final take down on the weekend. But with it being the first full week back to school I'm sure the kids and I will be too exhausted to do much at the end of each day.

I'm up a pound on the scale today but I think I know why. When we were running around yesterday I drank a ton of soda and no water. So I'll be more careful about that today. Hopefully that's all it was and not the regain like what happened when I attempted the program before Christmas.

DH had given his okay for me to continue if the program continues to work. BUT... My DD really needs braces and I can't see myself dieting rather than helping her get better teeth. I'm just not able to do that. So, we'll begin the steps to get her teeth fixed and I'll figure out what I'll do next at the end of this month and my special meals.
Maybe I'll just go on all meat for a while.

Workout went awesome this morning. I almost stopped after 3 rounds of sun salutations but decided I wanted to be balanced so I did my 4 rounds and felt awesome. Then I did corpse pose during meditation. Finished it all by the time hubby came down from getting ready for work. I was so relaxed and ready for the day. Wish I'd never given up the yoga when things started going wrong with my body. I need to remember next time that I can work around those issues.

Bought a step that has a balance board level then two more levels on that. I'll start with the balance board just to get more stable. Then when my hip joints feel ready I'll add step aerobics to my routine. Hubby tried to talk me into just using our stairs and saving money but I reminded him that we're in a townhouse and I'm sure our wall neighbor would really enjoy listening to me go up and down the stairs a dozen times first thing in the morning.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 01-06-2014 at 05:49 AM..
Old 01-06-2014, 10:02 AM   #1163
Bike Tart

Holy Cow it's cold here! It's -17 right now with a wind chill of -38.....had to go to Mom's for meeting with the RN and I stopped at the grocery store on the way home to get a few things I forgot yesterday. I don't plan on going out again today or tomorrow if I don't have to. It is supposed to start warming up on Wed. and finally on the weekend be in the 30's...this is crazy!

Still working on getting rid of the retention...up a bit this morning and not sure why so I'll just keep plugging along.

Have a headache today so I may not get much done around here. I really should do some cooking ahead and get my kitchen cleaned up but that may be all. The 2 big trees are empty and DH is replacing lights on them before taking them to the basement. I have a lot to do with decorations but will work on it when I feel a bit better.

Glad you got the yoga done....I really need to get back to that...I think it would help a bit. I also have my step out to do step ups but haven't started yet. Need to get the house back in order first.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:42 AM   #1164

Happy Tuesday!!

Stay warm sweetie!!!

Got out of bed long enough to turn up all the heat and turn on the space heater in the kitchen(coldest room of the house since it faces the lake).

Turned on my bed heater. Then while it heated up I did my Sun Salutations quickly and got back in bed for corpse pose meditation. There was just no way I was going to do that on the cold floor.

Only got the 2 rounds in though because my bad arm started feeling off. Didn't want to push it too much since I'm looking at doing the wimpy KB today.

I'll also be doing some work on the balance board. Depending on how I feel I may put the low step on it and do some step ups. Not a lot but a few to get me going.

Scale went back down what it went up yesterday so the bounce has begun I guess.

Probably doesn't help that I'm adding in movement that will rebuild the lean body mass that I've lost over the past year.

Other than that... just trying to get through the cold weather without freezing to death. When you're already cold from a bad thyroid the cold weather just makes it's horrible.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:06 AM   #1165
Bike Tart

I wonder if I'll ever have a normal sleep schedule again? I slept all evening in the recliner, woke around midnight, went to bed around 2 a.m. and dozed for a bit and ended up getting up a little after 5 a.m. I hope to try to get a nap this afternoon so I can stay awake in the evening more and go to bed at a decent time.

I'm debating about making an appt. with a chiropractor about my one shoulder....the massage is helping some but it gets so tense and painful when I'm in bed for more than 3 hours that it wakes me...maybe there is something more going on than just tense muscles? I just don't know what I want to do yet....will give it another few weeks before I decide.

Scale was down from yesterday a bit....don't feel so puffy finally. Now if the rest would just go away. Why is it so fast to come on and so long to go away?

I have 2 wall trees to get undecorated as well as another small tree...hope to get them done today. Need to have DH help bring a few bins up so I can pack the ornaments....I hate that I can't just go get the bins and bring them up on my own anymore. I feel so helpless sometimes....and angry about it.

Not sure what we'll be eating the next few days...I have several things to cook so I suppose I should get busy and get them cooked!
Old 01-08-2014, 05:11 AM   #1166

Happy Wednesday!!

Hope you got some sleep last night.

I'd go to the Chiro if you think it will help.

I've been wanting to go to one for years but just can't afford it. Maybe when he gets the new job and we actually make some money.

I'm up on the scale. Only like .2 or some such number. So basically, it's really the same not "up"..... I think I know why. I'll be doubling up my calcium magnesium today and drinking tons of water. Hopefully that will help.

Other than that... TOM is almost out the door so I should "hopefully" have a fluid whoosh soon as well.

I've done yoga everyday for the past week. Almost skipped this morning because I slept weird and woke with back pain. But instead I worked around it and I'm glad I did.

Depending on how my back feels later....

I'll probably do about a 5 minute warm up on the bike, 2 to 5minutes with the wimpy KB, and 8 minutes on the step. Followed by a yoga cool down to stretch everything out.

Baby steps......

Hubby has decided that instead of bringing the bike back down when the tree goes up..... that we'll make that corner my yoga corner so I can do the wall stretches and things. We don't have a lot of places where I can lay down and put my legs up the wall and that would be the perfect spot.

So, it looks like I'll finally have my yoga spot I've been wanting for years.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:27 AM   #1167
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Slept for just an hour or so in the bed...woke with pain in my shoulders and arms again....moved to the recliner and ended up with about 7 hours of sleep which is good. Pain is mostly gone....for some reason I just can't sleep laying down. I wish I had a hospital type bed that I could raise the head of the bed so at least I could sleep in my bed.

Scale is up a teeny bit....not sure why but will just look at it as my body being it's normal self...up, down, up, down, etc.

I can't wait to get the basement back in order so I can have a workout area again. DH is resealing the floor soon so everything is crammed in half the basement....once he seals the first half and it dries, he'll move things around to do the second half. I'm sure it's going to take at least a month to get this all done. In the meantime if I get the living room back to normal I have a little area to put my rebounder so I can bounce and watch TV....or I'll put it back in the kitchen. Not sure what other exercises I can do for now...I've got a yoga dvd that is mostly standing poses so I could do that once I clear an area. Any type of floor work would have to be done on a bed since I can't get up and down since my knee surgery.

I'm hungry so I'm off to finally make some breakfast....need to get some other foods cooking, too....

I have my jiggly Trager massage today so I'll be heading to that after lunch...then a stop at Mom's to check in on her and Stepfather. DH is off today and tomorrow so we'll watch some shows tonight.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:08 AM   #1168

Happy Thursday!!

DH's retirement class is today. Kids first day back to outside classes is today. Went to feed the kitty this morning and found a leak under the bathroom sink.

Weighed to a big jump up but it's because we ate "off plan" last night for dinner. One of those mornings.....

I did it because I need some *cough* movement *cough* help.

I did all the usual stuff including exercise, water, and calcium magnesium supplements. One of my last resorts is usually eating fast food because it usually doesn't agree with me. It helped..... So anyway after way TMI.... I will say that today will be a Down Day to offset and tomorrow hopefully a new low.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:01 AM   #1169
Bike Tart

Slept a bit better last night....although I did fall asleep in the recliner for a while....at least this time I felt it coming and told DH to stop the dvd...we'll watch the rest tonight. After I slept a bit we went in the hot tub (it was -7 degrees!)...the hot water felt so good and relaxing! I actually slept about 4.5 hours more in the bed! Might have been longer if the cat hadn't started to pester me.

Scale is the same but my feet are looking like real feet again! I would love to figure out the whole weightloss thing someday....I don't know what works for me.....I'll have a week of what seems like progress and then a huge bounce up followed by tiny bounces down...never seem to lose back to what I was before the bounce...I know I didn't eat enough to gain actual fat during that time but whatever it is hangs on like it's been glued onto me.

I have to go today to renew my driver's license....I hate that! DH said he'll go with me so I have to wait till he wakes up...I need to work on meal plan for today and then get busy with chores. I can't wait till we get this house back in order!

First I'm going to make a cup of sf hot chocolate to sip while it's still quiet here!
Old 01-10-2014, 04:34 AM   #1170

Happy Friday!!

I'm swollen and stressed about our cat's inspection tomorrow. So, I'm up on the scale and yet exactly the same weight I was last Friday.

This time I can blame it on myself but not last time this happened. Both times I dropped a bunch of weight at the beginning of the week then gained it all back at the end of the week.

The first week I was perfectly on plan and this one I was slightly off for one dinner.

It's just weird.