Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #1111
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Good Morning! Scale heading down....2 lbs. today....feet look almost like feet again!

After getting groceries and checking the fridge I decided to put off the shake thing for a bit...I forgot I had some food to be used up and I have my Aunt coming to stay with us again for a few days. It will be hard to stick to shakes and eggs when I have her here. She'll eat whatever I make so low carb won't be a problem while she's here.

Today I have to make sure the bathroom and guest bedroom are clean and ready to use. I did sort of a half clean after Thanksgiving when everyone left. I think I'll quick do a Christmas tree in the bedroom (the tree is on the wall so it will only take a half hour or so to decorate). Want to make it a little festive for my Aunt.

I'll be making some sort of meals today with the leftovers and other foods in the fridge that need to be used up. I've got some cooking and food prep to get done today.

Going for a massage this afternoon! Will probably stop at Mom's for a few minutes on the way home from there.

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2013, 06:16 AM   #1112
Bike Tart

Happy Anniversary!!! (Wanted to add this in a separate post!)

Time sure does fly, doesn't it?! Hope you have a wonderful day!
Old 12-12-2013, 04:54 AM   #1113
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Happy Thursday!!

You do what ever makes you happy sweetie when it comes to the shakes and things. No need to complicate life right now. The holidays make it complicated enough.

I chose not to weigh again this morning. TOM still here and a very enjoyable Date Night in. I have a chocolate hang over. Glad we didn't add alcohol to that.

This weekend should be interesting since we'll be getting up around 3am to watch the meteor shower and drinking spiked hot cocoa to stay warm.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #1114
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I have feet and ankles again....just a tiny bit of puffy around my ankles...scale is down a bit more...now the work begins....I need to get out of this bounce range!

We are going to the movies today with my Aunts to see the second Hunger Games movie. Then the one Aunt is coming home with us and will stay till Saturday morning...she originally was supposed to stay till Sunday evening but a friend invited her to something on Saturday...the friend lives in a different city about an hour away so my Aunt is taking a bus up there.

I cooked a big crock pot of chicken yesterday....mostly to use in salads or casseroles. I didn't look close at the bag when I dumped the thighs in....they are not boneless so today I have to pick through all the chicken and get the bones out. I'll use them to make broth so it's no big deal other than some extra work today.

Glad you had a good date night and that you have more planned! We don't do date nights much anymore because of his crazy schedules but once in a while we go out to lunch and, of course, there's our hot tub time!

I bought some fleece sheets the other day and last night was the first time we used them. DH has to come home from work when it's the coldest part of the day and is always saying how cold he is when he tries to sleep....we normally have flannel sheets on the bed from Nov. to at least April. I also bought a new heated mattress pad since our old one died a few years ago. The bed was so toasty when we got in last night....I hope it helps him sleep better since he rarely sleeps long enough. I was very comfy till the aches and pains started up again an hour ago.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #1115

We broke down and bought fleece sheets this year too. We have to keep the house cooler than we'd like in order to save money so they have been really nice to have. Brrrrr...

We had a nice little quiet date night at home on our anniversary. Originally we weren't going to do anything but I decided.....why not...

So we watched Fast and Furious 6. One of the few "guy movie franchises" that I don't mind. Had some Sparkling white grape juice and chocolates while we watched it. It was nice.

The kids actually stayed upstairs the whole time which is a miracle. I guess it's good that our kids love being around us so much but at the same time... we'd like SOME time alone.

DH is out now picking up the alcohol for our next at home date night. Which will start around 3am in the morning. Eeek!! But I feel it'll be worth it. Very very cold but worth it. I hope....

Other than that we've got a TON of work to do this weekend on the house to get ready for the company on Monday or Tuesday. Sorry they got sick but so glad we got the extra time to put the house back together. We had it completely pulled apart for projects when they "announced" they'd be coming by whether we liked it or not.

Gotta laugh at the whole thing because otherwise I'd be crying right now.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #1116
Bike Tart

Scale is the same which makes me happy because I did have a little movie popcorn and a little bit of raisinettes yesterday....I need to not go to the movies with my husband....he's a bad influence!

Tried a new hot dip recipe last night for dinner...hot bbq chicken dip! It was delicious...needed to try it because I want to make it for the book club holiday get together. We're all bringing appetizers and I saw this recipe on Pinterest yesterday and had to try it....it will definitely stay in the rotation of dips...I bought some gluten free crackers and some regular crackers...we all liked the gluten free best!

Going to Mom's this afternoon then back home to work on decorations and watch a movie with my Aunt. She leaves tomorrow morning so I'm going to enjoy the time with her while I can....she's actually just leaving my house not going back to CA till right after the new year. She just moves around and stays a few days with everyone on her list!
Old 12-14-2013, 05:21 AM   #1117
Bike Tart

Scale is up a smidge...not sure why but will just keep doing what I've been doing all week.

After we went to Mom's yesterday we popped over to the massage guy for a quick 10 minute chair massage and my Aunt bought me a massage gift certificate! She also discussed with him setting up an appt. for a full massage before she heads back to CA.

Then we came home and after a yummy salad with chicken we went in the hot tub for almost an hour. It was a really nice day with her! I'm taking her to my other Aunt's house this morning and she will be moving on to her next adventure with some friends that live about an hour or so away. She isn't sure if she'll be staying with me again before she heads home.

DH works today and tomorrow so I'll be doing chores, etc. later today....hope to finish up the decorating this weekend.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #1118

Happy Saturday!!

Not sure what I weigh at this time and I know I need to do a reality check. But it'll have to wait till tomorrow. I have about 10wks till my Endo appointment since I rescheduled. Plenty of time to lose what I've gained since the last appointment. Maybe even a little more if I'm careful.

Part of the problem right now is all the holiday yummies. I have slipped off my regular rotations and there's no excuse for that.

Time to get it back under control.

Got word that company will be here Tuesday night so we have one more extra day to get ready. Thank goodness.

Now I'm off to get everyone else moving.. hopefully.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #1119

Well, I did it... I went ahead and ordered that program again.

Let's hope I don't have an allergic reaction this time.

I'm committing to 20wks.... slightly less than 10wks till Endo appointment and an extra 10wks to get me hopefully back to my low from before my surgery 2.5yrs ago.

I'd like to continue and hopefully make my goal before my b'day in July but I may not be able to afford it that long. We'll see what happens when it's time.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:08 AM   #1120
Bike Tart

I thought I posted yesterday but I guess not....dropped my Aunt off at the train/bus station so she could get the bus to go to spend the day and overnight with her friends yesterday. She said she wants to come and stay with us one more time before heading back to CA and I think it will be around New Year's. I'll know more when she returns from visiting my brother in OH...she's taking a bus there and back...will be back the 23rd.

Scale is back down to what it was a couple of days ago. I don't have a big plan for food today....I should go start a crockpot of broth so I can make soup....or maybe do it in a pot on the stove so it will be ready to use at lunch time.

Good luck with your program! I hope you can get to where you want to be in time for your appt.

Yesterday I fell asleep after DH left for work (about 3:15 p.m.) and slept for a couple of hours...woke for about 2 hours and fell asleep again till 1:30 a.m. Stayed up till he got home from work at about 4:45 a.m. and then back to bed to sleep for a a few more hours...guess I've been tired! LOL! I would just like to be able to stay awake till 10 p.m. and then sleep all night in my bed!

I'm meeting DS1 at Kohl's today to get him a Ninja blender system for his new house! He has some gift cards and I will pay part of it as his housewarming gift.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:17 AM   #1121

Happy Sunday!!

Hope your Aunt has safe travels.
Have fun shopping today.
Definitely sounds like you needed the rest.

Finally broke down and weighed this morning. I weigh the same amount I did right before TOM hit. So, I guess I didn't do as terrible as I thought. I am still in those dang numbers I hate though.

So, glad I made the decision to do the program again. Once it was ordered and everything, I told hubby that I just felt so much lighter emotionally/mentally. I really needed food taken out of the equation for a while. So I can stop stressing over every little bite.

Open packet, heat and serve, or shake and serve.

Evenings will be easy since we already do Paleo/Primal lean and greens for dinner when we eat in. We will not be able to afford eating out while I pay the program off though.

Between eating out lately and the clothing I would have to buy in the spring/summer(because nothing fits)..... I decided financially it was the same as doing the program and therefore worth the investment to get me healthy again. Then I'll be able to go shopping in my own closet again. I just refuse to replace all the old big clothes I took the time to get rid of.

And this is exactly the reason I got rid of them too. I didn't want an excuse to get bigger again.

I still don't like the money part of it but if I'm careful we'll be okay.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:09 AM   #1122
Bike Tart

I'm up before the crack of dawn...getting caught up on stuff I recorded to watch. I guess there is a good side to waking early.

Shopping was nuts! I got to Kohl's before DS and it was packed...I left, called him and said forget it! We went to Sam's Club instead to get supplies for Christmas Eve. Then over to his house for a bit before going to my Aunt's house to drop off the stuff I had to drop off. Stayed over there for a few hours to visit with them.

I went online and ordered the stuff for DS that we had planned on getting at Kohl's...it was cheaper online anyways! So I got a good deal and he said he'll give me the Kohl's gift cards to use how I want since we didn't buy the stuff at Kohl's. I'll use the gift cards to get the rest of Kayli's Christmas gift.

Scale was down again..lowest in a few months! I'm cautiously happy about it! I've been looking for things to make for the book club Christmas get together here that I can eat without going too far off plan. I know that no one else will be bringing anything low carb or grain free and I'm sure I will have a bit of everything but I can at least make food that is ok for me. I found a dessert that will be good for me and a hot dip that I can have...I'll buy some grain free crackers and I have regular crackers, too.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:00 AM   #1123

*chuckle*

We don't shop much once Thanksgiving hits. It's always a mad house at stores around her but it get awful during the holidays. We usually save any major shopping for after the New Year.

Congrats on the scale being down.

Mine was the same today. I'm fine with that as long as the shipment gets here soon and I can start losing.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:04 AM   #1124

Happy Tuesday!!

Scale is inching it's way down bit by bit.

I'm expecting my package sometime today.

Therefore I'm trying to stick to somewhat of a plan so I can start it immediately. Or maybe I'll just wait and start first thing tomorrow morning.

That would probably be better since I'm not sure when the package will show up.

I guess we'll see what happens....

Company will be here tonight so I have a ton of work to do to get ready for that. Should be interesting to see if I actually get it all done.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:41 AM   #1125
Bike Tart

Glad the scale it inching down for you! Mine was down a bit more today, too....almost to the bottom of the bounce range.

I talked with DH last night and I've decided that I really need to take the time to make some grain free buns and a few other things for the Christmas Eve festivities. We are having hot beef sandwiches and if I make a couple of buns for me it will be easier to stay on plan. I know I'll be tasting a few things that aren't on plan but want to be as low carb as I can be. I might even be strong enough by next week to skip all the stuff I should not eat!

Snowing here again today....hoping to get out to do a few errands after lunch...DH is off today and DS is stopping here after work tonight so I'll need to make a nicer dinner than just what I make for me when I'm alone. I have some spaghetti squash so maybe I'll do chicken alfredo with it.

Working on a few ideas for a simple workout for me, too. I keep saying I want to start but never seem to get to it. Once the Christmas stuff is over I don't have any excuses!

Have fun with your company!
Old 12-18-2013, 04:55 AM   #1126

Happy Wednesday!!

I received all my meals yesterday but with the stress of working on projects, I ended up just having a normal day.

Still woke up with the scale inched down again.

Kind of blows my mind that the minute I decide I don't care what I'm eating the scale starts going in the right direction.

So, anyway, today is officially Day 1 again. I'm back on the original program from many moons ago with the 5 packets and a lean and green meal. Boring but that's what I want right now. It's very easy to keep dinner within what I need since the family usually tries for Paleo/Primal for dinner anyway.

I'm excited and I think that, since I'm sooooo ready, it will be easy to stick to. I hope...

I can't wait to finally see some real drops on that scale.
I have 43.2 lbs to lose to get to my pre-surgery(hernia) low from 2.5yrs ago. But for the first time in a long time I actually believe I can do it.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 12-18-2013 at 04:59 AM..
Old 12-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #1127
Bike Tart

Hope your Day 1 goes well!

Scale is the same today but that's ok....I've been having hot chocolate with coconut oil and MCT oil in it for breakfast the last few days....keeps me full till lunch. Going to work on being more consistent with my supplements.

Not sure what I'll be making for lunch or dinner today. I need to check the fridge to see what needs to be used up. I'm thinking taco salad for lunch and something light for dinner since I'm eating alone tonight.

I'm off to see if I can get some chores done today...might go to Mom's house later....not sure yet.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:52 AM   #1128
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I've been awake since 3:45 a.m. Hope to get a nap later today.

Have to go to DS's in a couple of hours to meet the internet installer guy. Then to a massage with Dirk! I really need it!

Scale is the same again today....better than up!

Not sure on meals yet. DH might meet me at DS's house when he wakes up and we might go to lunch if there's time before my massage. Or I'll just eat after the massage when I get home...time to get some breakfast right now...I think I'll make a lc muffin....
Old 12-19-2013, 05:35 AM   #1129

Happy Thursday!!

I'm already down 5lbs since Monday(that's if I count all of it).
That's 1 day on plan and 2 days preparing to be on plan...cough... sort of...
Although I'm only officially counting the weight from starting back on my plan.... So technically 2.8lbs down.... still not bad.

Movies today so it'll be a big test of my will power.
I'm taking one of my meals (crunchy bites) to hopefully keep from caving.
I really don't think I will because that 5lbs tastes so awesome.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 12-19-2013 at 05:40 AM..
Old 12-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #1130

TGIF!!!

Completely on plan still. But evidently not enough water and too much sodium because I woke to swelling and a bounce up on the scale. Not a bad one thankfully but it's still frustrating to see.

Plan for they day is to drink so much water I'm floating...
Old 12-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #1131
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Had a great massage yesterday....ended up not meeting DH for lunch so I didn't eat till I got home from Mom's (went there after the massage). Then I had a little hot tub time although I had to go in alone since DH was at work.

Scale is down a bit more...only 2 lbs more to get out of this bounce range I've been in for so long! Maybe by Christmas??!!

I'll be putting stuff for chili in the crockpot for dinner. Lunch will be leftovers....I think salad with chicken for me and soup for DH.

Weather is not so good today...icy roads, etc. but have to go to Mom's later....DH will be going with me since he's off work till the after the first of the year, I think....will have to check again with him....he said he may have to go in one day before then.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:13 AM   #1132

Happy Weekend!!

Glad you had a good massage and congrats on the scale being down.
Be safe out on those icy roads.

Scale is down some more for me. I'm dealing with some weird swelling though so I'm wondering if I'll have to avoid the meals like ziti and mac & Cheese. Those were new additions to the meal plan and figured I'd give them a try but both times I woke up super swollen the next day.

Today I'll stick with the drinks, soft serve, and oatmeal. Then see how the swelling is tomorrow. That will tell me whether it's the new meals or not.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #1133
Bike Tart

Hope the swelling goes away soon!

Did some errands and forgot to go to one place so we'll head out shortly to do that. Then we'll be staying in till Monday unless there's some sort of emergency.

I have to work in my kitchen today....don't feel like doing anything but it has to get done!
Old 12-22-2013, 05:48 AM   #1134

Happy Sunday!!

I'm still swollen... I'm going to up the water intake and hope for the best again today. Because of the swelling the scale is definitely up today.

I'm wondering if the sodium in the food plus the sodium in my thyroid meds is just too much for my body to handle.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #1135
Bike Tart

Sorry you're still puffy! Hope it goes away soon!

I'm up a lb today....not sure why but will just keep plugging along.

Yesterday DH asked if we could have a baked potato today so I bought 2 potatoes....I'm going to slice and roast them so they are more like appetizers...will top them with cheese, sour cream and bacon....I'll also make 2 little steaks so I don't eat too many potato slices. I'm hoping that eating just a couple of the slices will be better than a whole potato. I'm also going to make a side salad.

I know that the next several days will be including off plan foods...not going to say I'll stay all the way on plan and not going to complain if I gain or puff up....I'll just do the best I can and not make stupid choices...I can skip bread and pasta fairly well but I will be wanting a taste of a few holiday treats....

Last edited by mamagiff; 12-22-2013 at 09:46 AM..
Old 12-23-2013, 04:27 AM   #1136
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Scale is back down again....hope I can get through this week without too much trouble!

Busy day today....need to get the crockpot going with tomorrow's meat, go to Mom's and the grocery store....bring up some last minute decorations that I decided I want to put out. And there is more food prep to be done. I have to decide on an appetizer to bring on Christmas Day that travels well....I was thinking of making the little pinwheel wraps things....I can use lc tortillas for them. I had thought of making a veggie tray with dip and I know I could just buy the veggies already cleaned and cut up but I don't know if I want to do that. I'll see what's available at the store.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:28 AM   #1137

Happy Monday!!

Congrats on the scale being down for you.

Mine is up yet again... I'm not even sure what to think at this point. Swelling went away for like half a day then came right back. I felt better on real food but I'm determined to see this through. Otherwise I'd feel like a total jerk for spending money we really didn't have on a months worth of food. Wishing I'd gone with the DH's suggestion of only 2wks at a time to see if I'd react badly.

What's weird is I'm not having the old allergy reactions I had before. Just this awful swelling. Of course we also got really hot over here so my body "could" be reacting to the heat wave.

Adding lemon to my water today, drinking tons of tea, and hoping that will help. If not I'm not sure what else to do. Other than that the weather is supposed to get cold again so that may help.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:10 AM   #1138

Happy Christmas Eve!!

So first go round with my program I didn't cheat for, like, a year.

This go round I spent a week losing then gaining the same exact pounds without changing anything about it. Stuck to the script completely. I was so angry at my body, the program, etc... that I did what I would have considered the dumbest thing ever and ate off plan. After only ONE WEEK on plan I cheated. But you want to hear the funniest(and not in a ha ha way)... thing about it.... I lost. I got on the scale this morning to a drop. Not everything that I'd lost in the beginning of last week but close to it.

So, what the heck does that mean?? Is it my body trying to tell me that it's going to hold on to everything by any means necessary.

I don't even know what to do anymore. I haven't eaten yet today because I don't know if I'm going to just enjoy today and tomorrow and then go back on the plan....

or

Stick to the plan and ignore the blip I had yesterday.

I guess I'll figure it out when I get hungry enough to eat.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #1139
Bike Tart

I wish we had some answers for all the screwy things our bodies do! Sure would make it easier to get healthy!

Leaving shortly for a massage....what was I thinking to book it today?! It's the massage with Anne so it's just a relaxation technique instead of the massage I get with Dirk. After that I have to drop food off at Mom's and then on to DS's to drop off food/supplies for tonight's festivities!

Scale bounced up today... I wonder what will happen the next few days. I know that I won't eat totally on plan so I will accept whatever it says....or maybe I'll just stay off for a few days!

Have a great holiday with your family!
Old 12-26-2013, 04:28 AM   #1140

Hope you had an awesome Christmas!!

The food was good and I enjoyed 2 days of stuffing myself silly. Back on my program today. We don't do anything special for New Years so there won't be any issues there.

We also get back into working out today after a brief break. I'm dreading that part but it's necessary.

Exactly 8wks until my rescheduled Endo appointment. I want a loss. Even if it's a teeny tiny one.