Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #1081
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Went for the bloodwork....thank goodness it's done for a while at least.

Had lunch at my cousin's house with my Aunts....she made a fantastic soup that I need to get the recipe for because DH would love it! Not low carb but I'll make it for him now and then.

Lots to do the next couple of days....how come I can never be ready for Thanksgiving?! LOL! It's always last minute stuff!
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2013, 04:51 AM   #1082
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Happy Tuesday!!

Couple more weeks till my blood work.

I'm trying to remember to take all my vitamins and things. Unfortunately since I take most of them before bed I tend to forget.

But I can't take them during the day because they make me sick.

We have eye appointments today. Not anticipating any issues other than maybe my son needs a stronger prescription. Wouldn't be surprising though since DH is practically blind without his glasses.

Scale is down but not getting excited about that until tomorrow. If tomorrow is down then I know I'm back to heading in the right direction.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:20 AM   #1083
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Scale the same....for now I'm happy about that....I will work harder at losing once the kids go home on Sunday....I just don't want to work on it while they are here although I won't go nuts eating off plan food.

So much to do today and tomorrow.....I do get a break this afternoon....it's massage day! This one is with Anne, the one I've been going to for almost a year. On the way home I'll stop at the grocery store to get the rest of the stuff I need for Thanksgiving. I need to also gather all the dishes, pans, etc. I need to take to DS's house for cooking Thursday. I'll take everything I can over there tomorrow so there's less to haul on Thursday.

Hope the eye appts. go well!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
Old 11-27-2013, 05:50 AM   #1084

Happy Wednesday!!

Glad the scale is the same for you. Hope it stays that way for the holidays or surprises you with a loss.

Eye appointments went great. Just have some dryness that she says can go down as another of my symptoms of my Hashi's. My eyes were a teeny tiny bit worse but in between levels. As in, the one I have is still working and the next one up took me too long to adjust. So she's leaving me where I'm at for now.

I am naturally falling into an Up Day/Down Day rotation. I was hoping I would. I kind of did it without counting calories to begin with just to see how it would feel. Then I fell right into the groove with no problems.

I started counting the DD cals the last couple and by doing that I've come down from that set of numbers that were making me want to cry. Even after yesterday's UD I'm not back in them. Kissing distance, yes. But not totally back there.

Now I'm going to try to reign in the UD cals a little better. Hopefully by doing this.... If I eat things off plan... as long as they stay in line with my cals I should be okay. Maybe not as good but at least okay.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:36 AM   #1085
Bike Tart

Waving hi! Scale was up a smidge but I know why so no biggie....working on gathering recipes to get me through the holidays without too much damage. I found a recipe for biscuits and gravy casserole that I can low carb, found a stuffing recipe that's lc, will also make a lc dessert for me for tomorrow.

I have a ton of stuff to do today to get ready not only for dinner tomorrow but for our houseguests....DS2/family are coming tonight! Yay! And my Aunt will be staying with us for a week or so starting tomorrow. So we'll have a houseful! But it will be fun!

I have 2 wall trees to decorate today and then the rest of the Christmas stuff can wait till next week.

Glad your appt. went well! Sounds like the UD/DD is working for you....I really want to try that once this week is over....I think it would work for me, too.

Better get busy....cooking, cleaning and decorating to finish....need to take a lot of stuff over to DS's house later today for tomorrow's dinner, too....I need about 3 more days! LOL!
Old 11-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #1086

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I'm down after my DD but not all the way down. I think it was because of the sodium at dinner. So, no biggie.

Off to start morning chores and start things cooking for the day.

Have an awesome day with your fam!!
Old 11-29-2013, 05:16 AM   #1087

Happy Day After Thanksgiving!!

Did really good yesterday. Since it was an UD it made things easier but we only had one thing not completely healthy so that helped. I am up as expected but right back to the number that I was the day before yesterday. So it's no biggie right now. Especially since I'm not back in those super high numbers.

Today's DD combined with left over sweet potato pie will be a challenge. I did cut a sliver to go with my coffee this morning. Hopefully I'll be able to ignore the siren call of the left overs the rest of the day.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #1088

Happy Saturday!!

The scale is back down today but not all the way down and I know why. Yesterday's DD took a turn towards a medium day because of the T'day left overs.

I'm attempting another DD today to make up for it. Thankfully I've been busy enough that food really isn't an issue.

Now I'm off to brave the crowds for homemade gift supplies. Although I may put it off till Monday. We'll see how everyone is feeling. Besides DH really wants to stay home for the ball games.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #1089

Happy Sunday!!

Scale is back down to it's previous rotations low.

So now to work on a new(ish) low.

Today is technically an UD but we'll see where I fall since I'm not very hungry.

I'm honestly at that point of, "Do I still count the 100lbs I lost and my old lowest weight of all time?" or "Do I let the past go and start fresh right where I'm at now?"
Old 12-02-2013, 04:55 AM   #1090

Happy Monday!!

I definitely stuck with yesterday's UD rotation.

I'm up on the scale as expected but still well within range of where I should be right now.

Looking forward to today's DD. And have decided to try out a metabolism healing on my UDs. Basically making sure I hit my cals, get enough good fats, and very small amount of carbs. I hope it helps because I know at this point my metabolism is shredded.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #1091
Bike Tart

Finally back here! Busy weekend with the family! We had a great Thanksgiving as well as our Christmas celebration Sunday morning! I tried a new recipe for breakfast....biscuits and gravy casserole...made some lc biscuits for it...now to find a way to make a white sauce without flour and without it being more like alfredo sauce.

I have been off plan every day although not horribly...enough to give me problems, though....puffy feet and ankles as well as my stomach being a problem. Hope to be all the way back on plan in the next day or so....I know tonight I won't be because it's leftovers from the party at DS's house on Saturday night.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:51 AM   #1092

Happy Tuesday!!

Glad you had such a good time with family!!

I'm the same on the scale after my DD but I'm also very swollen. We had to eat out last night because we got home so late. And though I was careful with the cals I know the sodium was through the roof.

Today's supposed to be a metabolism healing UD. I'm not very hungry yet so we'll see how it goes. But the plan is to get as close to 2000cals as possible with protein, good fats, and veggie carbs only.

I'm honestly scared to do this because over the last 2.5yrs I've dieted my way up 40lbs. I'm basically scared of food in general at this point. Which is why I wanted to do this healing time. We'll see how it works out.

Oh and I feel like I should take the 100lb avatar off since it no longer reflects where I'm at. It just makes me really sad to think about doing that.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 12-03-2013 at 04:53 AM..
Old 12-03-2013, 06:02 AM   #1093
Bike Tart

Just a quickie for now....need to shower and head to Mom's.....her dr. is coming today and I don't know what time yet....they call at the last minute because they cover a large area and aren't sure when they will arrive. I find it sad that there are not more drs. that do house calls....in this day and age there are so many housebound people that need to be seen.

Still puffy....will work on that today....I have a dr. appt. tomorrow and hope to get this retention mostly gone. I had another talk with DH about staying on plan...it's hard to do when he brings stuff home that I shouldn't eat. He says he hates seeing me so miserable and I know in his head he is very supportive however he has no clue what it's like to have to restrict anything. He just eats what he wants when he wants and he keeps crap at the house....I just ask that he not bring it home....eat it somewhere else! It will never change....

My Aunt is leaving here today to go to stay with her sister and then friends....it will make food easier for me....I can work on learning more about up days and down days and get things that I need prepared. I don't have anything coming up till Christmas so that gives me a few weeks to make some progress!

Hope you have a good, healing day today!
Old 12-04-2013, 05:28 AM   #1094

Happy Wednesday!!

Sorry about hubby not quite understanding.

My Dad never did until he got heavy himself. But the minute he decided to lose weight he did. So in reality he still doesn't "understand" why my Mom struggles so much.

Same thing with my hubby. If he's not careful he gets a bit chubby but the minute I see his weight creeping I remind him to keep it clean since he has to for work. He cuts back a little, moves a little more, and drops the weight immediately. Sooooo frustrating.

I expected the scale to be up after eating all that food yesterday but it was actually down 2lbs. Even with swelling from dinner last night.

I've read that when someone does this that they usually have an adjustment period and gain weight. I was sort of prepared for that. I wouldn't have been happy but I understood. Yet I went down. I'm not going to get too excited yet though because it could have just been a fluke.

Really hoping it wasn't though.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #1095
Bike Tart

Had my dr. appt. this morning....LDL is the same....everything else is normal. He suggested a non statin med and gave me info....I'll read the info but don't plan on taking it. My cholesterol numbers have been in the same range for 30 years...I'm thinking that's where my body wants them....

I'm going to work on a recipe for a protein shake so I can consistently make the same thing. I tend to just throw things in the blender and go....need to be able to keep better track. I'm also working on a few things to have on hand.

I've started a little bit of exercise....not much but better than nothing. Just some body weight exercises. I want to add a few kb swings, too....maybe 10 a day for now so I can see how it goes. I'll also do some stretchy band things. I want to alternate what I do each day for now since I'm doing so little.

Congrats on the loss....hope it sticks!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:01 AM   #1096

Happy Thursday!!

I would say if everything is the same then, yes, do not allow them to bully you into the statins. It's not worth it. Besides women are supposed to be higher and statins aren't even MADE for women.

Now I'll get off my soapbox.

The scale has bounced up. Not surprised but definitely not happy.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #1097
Bike Tart

Sorry about the bounce....I haven't been on the scale (didn't look at the dr. office)....I'm puffy so I'm not going to go on till next week.

I've been up since midnight....I'll never be able to lose if I can't get decent sleep. I may try for a nap in a little while.

I have my massage with Dirk today....something to look forward to! I really need it....I think I'll try a few kb swings before I go so he can massage any discomfort I might have from that.

I found a caramelized onion dip recipe that I want to try with veggie dippers. I also want to make a meatloaf for DH and some cauliflower soup...not sure what else I have on hand to cook...
Old 12-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #1098

Happy Friday!!

Up again on the scale. Trying not to freak but back in kissing distance of those dreaded numbers again.

Don't know what do at this point. Well, I know what I want to do but don't know what I "can" do.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:28 AM   #1099
Bike Tart

Sorry about the scale....wish we could not tie our feelings to that number....I have faith that you can get it going in the right direction!

My massage was wonderful....I bought some gift certificates to use later on since he has a holiday special of 90 minutes for the price of an hour. I'm going to buy a couple more before the special is over.

I think I sort of have a plan in mind. I want to try to do shakes on M/W/F for breakfast and dinner with a small lunch. The other days will be low carb, higher fat meals. I just need to get the shake recipe made so that it's nutrient dense and satisfying. I'm going to experiment over the weekend with shake ingredients to see what works best.

Hope to get some sort of exercise in today....will be working on a Christmas tree which will give me step ups on a stool as well as reaching and stretching....
Old 12-07-2013, 05:11 AM   #1100

Happy Saturday!!

Glad you had such a good massage.

Hope the shakes work out for you. I'm stockpiling some recipes right now. Trying to decide the direction I want to go in and then doing it. Like do I want all shakes, do I want oatmeal included in my day or am I staying completely grain free, etc...

I'm making a list and will get the items I need this weekend. I have one week left to get ready for our surprise company.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #1101
Bike Tart

I started a post and lost it....trying to work on decorations and do chores today...hoping to be able to stay home all day.

Still puffy but getting better....

Hoping we can watch a movie tonight without me falling asleep!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #1102

Happy Sunday!!

The scale finally stopped. Thank goodness.

Thought I was going to
from the stress of "doing everything right" but still having it go up.

Now hopefully it'll start going back down in the right direction.

I know this is probably not a good idea but since thyroid wise I feel okay.... I'm going to put off my Endo appointment from January to February. All he'd do anyway is badger me about my weight and either move the dosage up or leave it the same. Doesn't do anything else and doesn't care to talk about any of my concerns. Don't know why I even continue going to him.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #1103
Bike Tart

Glad the scale stopped! I'm not even getting on it till tomorrow which will be my "official" restart day. I hope I can get rid of the rest of the retention by then! My feet look horrible right now.

I was thinking that my idea of shakes on certain days will have to be revised to shakes on the days that DH works...much easier for me to do it that way. I know if he's home and I cook dinner for him I'll want to eat, too, so this way I can just do the shakes when I'm alone.

Sorry the endo is a dud....I had once tried to get an appt. with one and was told my numbers are fine and they don't do weight loss....really made me angry that he wouldn't even see me one time....he based his decision on labs from my regular dr. I told the nurse that I wasn't looking for him to do weight loss for me but to check a little further to see if there were any problems. By the time I talked to the nurse I was so disgusted with the endo for not making any effort at all so I said I would never even consider this dr. for anything....just because numbers are in a "normal" range doesn't mean there's nothing wrong!
Old 12-09-2013, 05:41 AM   #1104

Happy Monday!!

Shakes on your hubby's work days sounds like a better plan. I know I stick to things better when mine's not around.

I chose not to weigh this morning. Standing butt nekkid in an ice cold bathroom to just have the thing taunt me is not my idea of fun.

I did how ever put together one of the pre-made shakes and one of the premade oatmeals to try out today.

Only thing that makes me hesitate on those shakes is the fact that there isn't that much protein in it. I may add a partial scoop of protein powder to up it a bit.

Also I'm not sure how much chia seed my body can handle so on days that I have it in my oatmeal I won't have the shakes that include it. On the days that I have the shakes that include it I'll cut it out of the oatmeal. At least until I know for sure.

I'm calling today to postpone the Endo appointment until the end of February. I just need to get through the holidays, hubby's separation classes, etc... before I want to deal with that Endo. I have plenty of meds so no issues there.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:31 AM   #1105
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Well, I finally got on the scale and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't up more than it was....I expected a higher number. It's still up from the last time I weighed but not much....and I know that's from retention because my feet/ankles are still horribly puffy. I hate that the retention is still hanging on!

I'm going to change my plan just a bit...instead of a shake for breakfast I'm going to do a hot chocolate with a bunch of stuff added to it...coconut oil, some powdered supplements, etc. It's cold and I need a hot drink instead of a cold shake right now...at least first thing in the morning. I made one yesterday to see how it would work and I liked it. It kept me satisfied for several hours.

I've got ground beef for lunch and then I'll do a shake for dinner. I'll cook some veggies to go with the ground beef.

I'll continue to work on holiday stuff today...hoping to get a lot finished today!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #1106

Glad the scale wasn't as bad as you expected.

I found out this morning that I can add Chia Seeds to my allergy list.

I'm on benedryl for the day and pretty much miserable.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #1107
Bike Tart

Aww, sorry about the chia seeds.....hope you feel better soon!

I got good news today.....IT'S A GIRL!!!! Kayli and Ruthie will have a baby sister in May!!!

Working decorations...brought some of Mom's Christmas stuff here and setting it up today...bittersweet for me....
Old 12-10-2013, 05:02 AM   #1108

Woo Hoo!! Congrats!!!

I'm not expecting but someone else in our family is. I'm not allowed to say who/what/when/where until after January though.

Hubby and I were actually talking about trying one last time ourselves but once we found out about family expecting we didn't want to steal their thunder. Especially with his job situation up in the air right now. But maybe after he's settled in somewhere.... maybe... By that point I may officially decide I'm too old.

Well, the scale is back up into that danger zone but there wasn't much I could do about that. TOM came early.

Getting so tired of mine and DD's schedule trying to sync up with each other.

I have blood work tomorrow for headache doc. Then the appointment next week. I'm sure I'll be fussed at since I haven't been the best about my vitamins. Just had a lot on my mind lately and I tend to forget about myself during times like those.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #1109
Bike Tart

Scale was up after my first full day on plan....I know it's still retention because I can see it in my feet. I did the shake last night and I think I know what the problem is with that....I used to make them with canned coconut milk...much more filling than the coconut milk in the carton...have to use that up before switching. I want to stick with mostly eggs for my protein for a bit...kind of like a shake and egg fast...LOL! Just need to keep things simple. Of course, that could change at any time!

Went to Mom's this morning....she is showing more signs of decline...sad but for me it's worse to see her life dragging on like it is. I know my Stepfather will be heartbroken when she goes and that he'd rather have her live like this for as long as he lives rather than lose her. It's so hard for everyone.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:39 AM   #1110

Happy Wednesday!!

You'll get this figured out sweetie. Just think... you got a full day on plan. That's better than most.

Chose not to weigh today. Not worth it during TOM and also don't want it to affect my anniversary.

Can't believe we've been together 16yrs and married 15. Yet at the same time I can't really remember a time when we weren't together. It's so weird.

Not much planned for today celebration wise. I have the blood work later when he gets off work. Picking up a new cushion for DD's papason chair for her room. Swinging by the craft store to pick up some more items that I need for the last of my homemade crafts.

Friday(Sat morning) we'll be waking up at like 3am to see a meteor shower(He had planned his proposal initially to coincide with one )

Then we'll be having company some time on Monday if everyone gets over their colds enough to travel. Once they get here we'll be able to go out on a real date.