Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 04:04 AM   #1051
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Good Morning! I didn't get the whole list of stuff done but I got all the meat cooked so I'm happy with that. I'll work on the rest this morning.

Tonight is the military retirement dinner we have to go to.....have to paint my toes, add a little pink to my hair, decide for sure what to wear...DH has to go get a card, too.

Scale is up one lb....I guess I'm doomed to bounce and bounce.....

Never went to town yesterday....I had a hard day....found a short video clip of my Mom from 2005 before we really noticed something was wrong with her....it really threw me. So I talked with DS and told him he can get his stuff today...he's planning on coming here in the afternoon to drop some stuff off. He and I also talked about what I wanted to do for the internet at Mom's house and he said to not do it because when he gets internet at his new house part of the package includes some wifi hotspots and I can just use one of those at Mom's.....works for me!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #1052
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
big big big sweetie!!!

I've decided if I can maintain for the holidays I'll be good. I just can't stress about food on top of everything else right now. I need to start removing stress where I can.

I will however get as much movement as my body will let me.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #1053
Bike Tart

Scale is about a lb up...had some bacon and sausage yesterday and I'm sure that's what did it.

Tonight is the dinner we have to go to.....I know I won't be eating on plan but I'll do the best I can.

I agree that if we can at least maintain through the holidays we'll be doing good....one year, about 10 years ago, I lost 4 lbs over the holidays...wish I could remember what I did! LOL!

We both need to work on stress relief and fitness and we need to stay positive! We can do this!
Old 11-10-2013, 04:48 AM   #1054

Happy Sunday!!

I chose not to weigh this morning because, even if I have to work today, Sundays are about renewing my spirit in some way. Seeing a number on a scale only crushes that spirit.

I'll be having lots of movement today. Cleaning, organizing, putting away Halloween in the attic... FINALLY... LOL... Then finishing bringing down Thanksgiving. If there's time I'll get Christmas ready but it will NOT come down until Thanksgiving Day.

This year we won't be having any family or friends over. We needed this time to reconnect with each other. It's been a super rough few months and adding family stress to that just isn't productive.

We will however be making up for that with my Dad's b'day in January. He hasn't had a party since he was a kid so we thought it would be fun to surprise him with something big.

Anyway, Christmas will be tiny this year since the budget it super tiny. Both to get ready for next year but also so we can afford that trip.

I'm thinking about doing all the things we usually miss out on every year because family doesn't "want" to do it or aren't physically "capable" of doing it. We'll see how time/money/energy pan out.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #1055
Bike Tart

Good Morning! The dinner last night was ok...ate off plan food that wasn't worth it....it was just ok, nothing special....the people I thought I'd see weren't there so we were home by 9:30 p.m.

Going to DS's house today to go through all his kitchen stuff to see if he has what he needs for Thanksgiving cooking. Then to Sam's Club because he doesn't have a card and he needs to get some things there.

DH is talking about putting up the Christmas lights this week before it gets too cold....we just won't turn them on till Thanksgiving night....since we're doing an early Christmas with DS2/family while they are here for Thanksgiving I'll be starting to set up one tree for when they are here.

We got the paint for the basement bedroom that we are fixing up for Kayli now that DS1 has moved out. She picked a dark lavender color and DS1 said he saw some zebra print bedding that would look good in there for her as a surprise! I'll go talk a look at it today while I'm out. She's very excited about us fixing up the room for her!

That's it for now...DH is anxious for us to get going...he has a million things he wants to do at home so he doesn't want us hanging out at DS's all day....
Old 11-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #1056
Bike Tart

Where does the time go? I really need to use my time better....not much got done today.

We had to go to DS's house again today to wait for the Directv guy....then I went to Mom's for a meeting with the RN....after that DH and I met at Olive Garden for lunch. We had a gift card to use and not a lot of time to get home to cook lunch. Well, being Veteran's Day they had a special....didn't know about it before we got there.....free lunch to Veterans and 10% off for spouses! So we ended up just paying cash and saving the gift card for another time. I had pasta...it was just ok. It seems to me that Olive Garden food just doesn't appeal to me as much as it used to.

I didn't have any dinner tonight but now I'm getting the munchies so I'll make myself some eggs.

Had to call in a prescription refill and got a call back from the nurse....she was questioning if I took it regularly because according to my records I should have run out a while back....well I don't know where the error came from but I told her I don't skip my BP meds. Then she tells me I'm overdue for bloodwork and I have to get there asap for it. I don't have time this week so it's going to have to wait....it's just for cholesterol check and I won't take meds so there's no rush as far as I'm concerned. I'm thinking she's a new nurse at the office and she needs to work on how she talks to patients a bit. I was a little put off by the way she talked to me.

We had our first snow today.....not liking that! I was hoping the cold would hold off for a few more weeks! I just don't like the cold anymore. I turned the furnace up a little and told DH that we can cut corners elsewhere because I'm not going to freeze in the house! I don't need it hot in here but I can't be so cold that all I want to do is sit wrapped up in a blanket!

I'm off to do a few chores before bed....after I make some eggs!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #1057

Could have sworn I posted yesterday. Oops...

Not weighing today... Just not feeling it. Won't weigh until I really feel like checking. Probably not any time soon.

Other than that just trying to get over this dang sinus infection without a doctor's visit. We'll see how that goes.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #1058
Bike Tart

Sorry to hear about the sinus infection....hope it goes away soon!

Scale still the same....I don't know why I ever think it will be different. I just can't seem to get back to losing like I was a few years back...it was slow but at least it was progress. Time to revamp again, I suppose!

Going to clean and reorganize my fridge again...need to be ruthless! Then I'm going to get the foods I need to make this work....I'm going back to more salads and veggies. If I take the time to prep them I will stick with it better.

Things will actually start slowing down here soon, I hope. I have Thanksgiving planned, Christmas is not at our house this year so I won't have to do as much. I'm on the list to host book club in January so I may keep the Christmas stuff up a little longer this time just to keep it festive!

Starting to use my rebounder today....maybe bike time later. I have to go to Mom's later for a while, too.

I'm off to rebound and then make some lunch...DH went to the dentist so he skipped breakfast...he'll be hungry when he gets back!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #1059
Bike Tart

Had a good day at the Caregiver event....had a short massage and got the business card from the guy that did it...going to schedule with him soon! Just have to figure out the finances...it's not cheap but I think he can help with the pain I've got in my shoulders and neck.

The food at the event was not on plan but I kept portions small and did the best I could. Of course, I was starving when I got home and finished off the leftover cucumber salad....then made dinner....noodleless lasagna.

Tonight we're relaxing and watching recorded stuff....then it's hot tub time!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #1060

Glad you had a good day at the event.

Hope you can work out the budget for the massages.

I envy you that hot tub.

Well, I finally faced the scale this morning just to get an idea. I don't want to gain, just maintain, or miracle of miracles... maybe even lose.

I am most definitely NOT maintaining.

So I need to do something... maybe up the exercise a bit.

I haven't done a lot since I've been sick but I can at least walk more.

Maybe even take some extra trips up and down our stairs instead of sending the kids to get things.

Sinus infection moved to ears so I'm battling that now. Doing the usual steams, warm compress on ear, blah blah blah... Let's hope something works. I don't do antibiotics for ear infections. I usually let them run their course and try to nudge them along with some help. This is the first one that's actively hurt in a long time though. ugh....
Old 11-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #1061
Bike Tart

Hope the infection clears up quick!

I made an appt. with the massage guy! DH said to just do it because he hates seeing me miserable! I get paid from Mom's account for all that I do there so I can just take it out of that money. I go Tuesday morning for my first full hour of massage. I'm definitely going to recommend him to anyone else that is interested!

I got ruthless and cleaned out my fridge! I got rid of all the bottles and jars of stuff that's been hanging out in the door for ages....only kept the stuff we use regularly. Then I moved stuff from the fridge shelves to the door and cleaned the shelves and put back what I didn't toss! Looks so nice! Now I need to go through the freezer and then make a menu and grocery list!

Going to Mom's in about an hour and then out to eat with DH....he will drop me off at Mom's and go do some errands and we'll go eat after I'm done at Mom's....we'll be the early old people at the restaurant!

I'm staying off the scale till Monday because I have book club tomorrow and a birthday party on Saturday....no point stressing about the scale. I'll get back on track Sunday. I'll be careful of my food choices but I know they won't be on plan.

I found out I have book club at my house in January so I need to start looking for recipes for something good!
Old 11-15-2013, 05:11 AM   #1062

Left ear is better... Right is now having issues so I'll have to work on that one the next couple days.

Thankfully, since I had a lot of ear infections as a kid, I know all the tips and tricks for helping it along the way.

Scale is gradually coming back down but not out of that range that makes me want to cry, scream, rant, and throw the scale out the door. Hopefully it'll make it out of it soon.

Lots of work this weekend to complete some projects we started last weekend. Plus a few extra to help the house stay warm without having to run the heat constantly. We almost managed to knock $50 off our bill again for this month only to get the cold front and had it break the bank.

Working on it.......
Old 11-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #1063
Bike Tart

DH and I went out to eat last night at a place we've never eaten before...it's new here. The food was good but I don't know if we'll go back...it just wasn't good enough to spend the money, I guess. The service was ok but not great....our server forgot to bring our appetizer and then at the end of the meal as we're were finishing up a different server brought food to our table and we said "not ours!" She didn't have her tables memorized. I realize it's a newer place but I guess we're old fuddy duddies now and would rather just eat at home!

Going to Mom's after lunch and then book club tonight! Had to laugh today when I found out it's National Clean Out the Fridge Day! Fridge and freezer....done!! I still need to do the freezer in the garage but will do that next week.

Hope your ear feels better soon!

Lunch is a spaghetti squash casserole...using up stuff in the fridge! Need to work on a menu and grocery list tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:29 AM   #1064

Happy Weekend!!

Finally out of that weight range I absolutely abhor.

Now to just stick to eating completely clean because that's what got it going back in the right direction. It may not be fun... but it works.

Last night we made kitchen sink soup.

Everyone liked it so that's what counts.

Tons to do this weekend then we have a crazy week next week.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #1065
Bike Tart

Had a great time at book club....we're off for December and then it's my turn to host in January. I think we'll be doing the sleepover like we did last January if my friend can book the night we want it. So whatever food I bring will have to be portable. Need to find a book for us to read, too.

Tonight is a nephew's birthday party so more off plan food. I am sick of feeling guilty for every bite I take and I know that off plan food is not good for me. I wish there was a way to get through these festivities without the mental stress I have each time.

Got a few groceries to get us through most of the week.....seems funny that we need so much less with DS gone now! I didn't realize how much of the food I made was for him!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #1066

If you can handle the rotation of calories and have days that you can make down days I really think that JUDDD may be for you. There are no forbidden foods. Just rotate your cals.

You could do that through the holidays and then move on to what ever plan you prefer doing.

Some people even find that with the rotations their inflammation goes away. Maybe not as much as grain free but it does go.

I've been on the fence about going back on it for the holidays. I've been gradually cutting my food back every other day to get into the mentality of doing that again. Just in case I decide to. That way it's not a total shock.

I'd probably just do it through the holidays and then switch back to what ever I'm in the mood for at the time. Of course no matter what I'll do whole foods simply because anything else makes my disease flare badly.

Still a little stuffy and have sinus pressure but it's not the severe pain of a few days ago.

Do have a migraine today but I'm keeping it manageable with home remedies. I found recently when I was feeling completely awful that it turned out my migraine meds were causing severely low heart rate. Very scary. So I've cut them out for now and will discuss it with the headache doc next month.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #1067
Bike Tart

Hope the migraine goes away fast! I've got a headache today...not sure why but it's probably a combo of things.

I'll look into the up/down days stuff....I did good last night with only a few tortilla chips and a piece of ice cream cake as my off plan stuff. I didn't make the tacos with the flour tortillas...just put all the taco stuff on the plate and ate it.

Going to do some cooking today unless I have to go back to the basement for more tornado warnings. Not happy that DH has to leave for work in this weather...right now it's just bad rain but it appears more heavy stuff is on the way.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #1068

Happy Monday!!

New beginnings... again....

Attempting a full on Down Day today with shakes. I almost broke down and bought that other program that has worked for me in the past. I just don't want to think about food anymore. What I can't get past is the money and all the chemicals they put in it. Now that I have been 85% clean eating the idea of all that junk makes me feel .

I even got myself past the money issue. Figured if we can't afford to eat out but we still do... and we can't afford "healthier" junk food and yet we still buy it. Then I can swing the program.

When I went to click the submit button though I ended up thinking about those chemicals again. I just can't do it....

So, back to the drawing board on trying to find something similar but homemade. I really haven't had any luck each time I've tried that over the last couple years but I'm willing to give it one more go.

I have 4wks until my headache doc, 7wks until my thyroid doc, and 9wks until my dad's b'day. Time to get off my "break" and start busting this thing out of the park. I'm done feeling sorry for myself and ready to do this again.

I also need to get the exercise in more regularly instead of in spurts here and there. That would probably help both with the weight and the depression that comes with this time of year.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:19 AM   #1069
Bike Tart

I've been awake since about 2 a.m. and I'm not happy about it! Will try to nap after lunch....have to go to Mom's in an hour and have a dementia class tonight. Also hoping to get to the grocery store on the way home from Mom's.

I am not getting on the scale....not in the mood. If I can't get a better sleep schedule I will continue to have trouble losing....I need to also get food prepared ahead and stick with some sort of exercise....what the heck happened to me....I used to be able to do everything and stick with it even though I wasn't losing very fast? All this stress has just done me in and I just can't seem to get back on any kind of track.

Oh, well.....can't worry about it this morning....need to get some breakfast made, get dressed and head to Mom's....

Hope you find a way to make it work!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #1070

Happy Tuesday!!

And I'm down again after a down day. If I were doing regular rotations today would be an up day and I'd be able to enjoy popcorn, etc.. at the movies but I'm actually going to try to keep it under control.

However, I really need to get a big chunk of weight off quickly.

So, as long as I'm keeping my cals at weight loss levels and eating healthy... plus of course actually losing then I'm going to stay here for now.

If I stall out then I'll go to the rotations to shake things up again.

I am still sticking to the shakes for the first part of the day. I just really like not thinking about food all day long.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:39 AM   #1071

Happy Wednesday!!

It's finally coming down a significant amount.

I'm not sure how much is TOM leaving or the shakes and new commitment..... but I'll take it.

Hoping and it continues and that this isn't just a fluke.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:53 AM   #1072
Bike Tart

Yay! Glad it's working for you!!!

I had a nice massage yesterday with the new guy! Made another appt. for 2 weeks from now. He told me I'm a mess! My muscles are knotted and tight....I told him I want to start exercising again but I want to be sure I don't aggravate anything so other than some simple biking and rebounder I've decided to wait till after the holidays and a few more massages to loosen up my muscles.

Lots to do today....Kayli has a choir concert tonight and before that I have errands in town and will go by Mom's for a bit.

I have to get started on setting up Christmas stuff to have some of it done for Thanksgiving weekend. I also invited the book club girls over for a holiday get together on Dec. 27th....we don't do a book club meeting in Dec. but I want to have them over just for fun while I have my trees up.

Not sure on meals for today...have to go to the grocery store this morning.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:35 AM   #1073

Good Morning!!

Hope you had a good time at the concert.

The scale has started it's customary bounce. It's a lower bounce though so it's all good.

The only thing left to dial in is the night time munchies. Hubby and I like snacking while we catch up with our shows, a little too much.

He can handle it since he rides his bike to work 4 days a week but I don't have enough time, or energy really, to commit to that much working out just to afford extra snacking.

I'm not sure how to work on this though. I even try to eat a larger dinner so I'll be full longer. Doesn't matter though. Since the snacking has nothing to do with actual hunger. I just end up getting sick because I have too much food in my stomach.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #1074
Bike Tart

The concert was very nice but it reminded me again that I need to lose a boatload of weight because I just don't fit comfortably into the seats...ugh!

I had car trouble when I got out of the concert...dead battery....luckily DS has a friend that does roadside assistance and although his friend couldn't come, he sent someone to get me started (his girlfriend! LOL!). DH has checked it over and couldn't figure anything out so he made an appt. to bring it in to have it checked.

I'll be staying home today so it doesn't happen to me again!

I need to be careful about my food today because I need to go early tomorrow for some blookwork....I don't want my numbers to be crazy....I know the LDL will be up and there will be discussion about that but I want the other numbers to be good.

I have meats to cook and other foods to prepare today and we're going to start moving furniture to accommodate Christmas trees....need to get a few decorated by Thanksgiving!
Old 11-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #1075

Happy Friday!!

I'm starting to wonder if I should wear rubber bands on both wrists to snap them when I feel the munchies coming on at night.

I swear that is the only thing I can't seem to keep in check. Maybe I should just starting going to bed the minute I "think" I'm hungry.

In other news I got a surprise yesterday that family is coming for a visit in 3wks even though we said no family this year. They think it will be helping us out but really it's just more stress. They don't seem to understand that and I'm not going to burst their bubble. I do miss them and will try not to stress out too much over the short time to get ready.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #1076
Bike Tart

I didn't go for the blood work this morning because I overslept....tried sleeping in bed last night and after 2 hours got up because it hurt.....slept in the recliner for about 3 hours. I told DH today that I'm not going to even try sleeping in bed till I can get this pain in my upper back muscles taken care of. I will probably still try a few more times but won't tell him that yet.

Got a little Christmas shopping done today and we went out for lunch. Now it's back to work in the living room and hopefully it will be all ready for bringing up a couple of trees tomorrow.

Try not to let the family visit stress you too much....things don't have to be perfect! If I can get at least 75% of what I want to do by Thanksgiving done, I'll be happy.

We talked today about painting some rooms here...it's been almost 10 years since we moved here and it's time to freshen things up. We won't do any of it till after the first of the year but we're planning now. I'd like to paint the kitchen and 2 of the bedrooms and the hallway....not sure on colors yet. Just starting to think about it....

Better get back to work....
Old 11-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #1077

Happy Weekend!!

Had some much needed time at the beach yesterday. Too cold to swim of course but in general warm enough to sit in the sun and watch the kiddos run around getting shells.

I'll try not to stress about the house and family but I think after all this time you know how I can be.

I have 3wks until both the family visit and the first doctor's appointment in the next few coming up. This should be fun.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:54 AM   #1078

Happy Sunday!!

And I'm right back in the higher set of numbers. I do NOT like that this new set is becoming my "norm". But I have no clue how to get out of this area.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #1079
Bike Tart

I'm going to try to go for blood work tomorrow morning so I'm being very careful with food....I don't have the energy to argue with the nurse about statins....not taking them...period!

Anyways...working on holiday decorations...hard because of the pain in my arms and shoulders....anything that is higher then chest level is a challenge to do. I was going to do a wall tree tonight but I'm afraid I might drop an ornament. The ones going on this tree are not replaceable and they are very expensive. I'll wait till tomorrow and hope I'm less tired.

Busy day tomorrow...blood work, Mom's house, lunch at my cousin's house...then finally home to work on getting my house ready for next weekend! Can't wait to see Ruthie and her parents!

DIL sent an email last night and told me that Ruthie is very funny.....they are trying to potty train and apparently she didn't make it to the potty. While DIL was cleaning her up she asked why she didn't make it to the potty and Ruthie replied with "that's a good question!" LOL! She has also started calling their one dog "genius girl"....the dog is a rescue dog that the vet told them has brain damage so she's not a genius at all! DIL said she figures they will have to work on teaching Ruthie what genius means!
Old 11-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #1080

Happy Monday!!

New week... New Beginnings.... again....