Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 04:23 AM   #991
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Every Day is a New Start
Hope your visit is fun.

Scale is up a smidge more today but I'm very swollen from dinner last night. So no biggie. Just need to drink lots of fluids today.

Lots of work on school, house, and the usual fun.

Need to pull out the Halloween decorations.

We're trying to have a handmade Christmas this year. So I'm stockpiling the items I'll need and starting on those.

Can't do any of the yard work since it'll be raining all weekend.

I'd also like to get a lot of the main projects done on the house quickly because DS's little friend wants to have play-dates and we are not prepared for any visitors at all. Eeek!!

Time to get all that stuff we've been dragging out... done!!
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #992
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Good Morning! Wondering if my scale needs new batteries? It was down almost 20 lbs....would be nice if it were true but I know it's not.

Lots to get done this morning before my friend gets here.....I should have done more yesterday but just didn't have the energy...

Slept in the recliner again....I really like the new mattress, it's very comfy but for some reason I can't find a position to sleep in that works for me. So back to the recliner at 4 a.m. this morning. Got about 4 hours of sleep....to go along with the 3 hours I had early last night...was awake for several hours in between....bad habit that I'm having trouble breaking....

Need to get some breakfast and a shower....my friend will be here in about 4 hours or a little less.

Have a great weekend! And did you mention Halloween decorations??? Yikes! I don't have anything out yet....need to do that this coming week!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #993

Wish we could lose 20lbs over night.

I'm up some more.... I think I know why... but since I'm eating healthy I'm trying not to stress.

I did a dummy at the store yesterday. The kids were looking at all the bright colored dumbbells and I picked up a 3lb with my bad arm. I thought, "What the heck it's only 3lbs."

Yup, I did a number on my bad arm with the big bad 3lbs.

Just shows how much rehab there's still to do.

Thinking about doing a fat fast for a while. Just to see how I feel. Even though I'm eating healthy and I'm coming out of my relapse.... I just don't feel like I've got it completely dialed in. Kind of hard to explain.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #994

Round and round and round and round... This dang weight merry go round is just so frustrating.

I saw how I looked in a video chat with my mom.
I look awful right now.

I know the moon face and some of the body swelling is because I'm still coming out of my relapse and thyroid issues. Doesn't make me feel any better though.

So then I called her and asked if she had any left overs of the special diet stuff. Nope.... in fact she wants to go back on it and is trying to figure out how to pay for it.

That means I'm back to square one....... I am so tired of staying upbeat when for 2yrs and 3 months since my surgery... I have been fighting the same dang 20lbs (sometimes 30 on a bad few months).

I'm so mad that they changed the formula in such a way that even if I could afford the program it will give me hives.

I'm so frustrated with the fact that people expect me to be dropping weight... including the doctor... now that I'm on thyroid meds.

I'm angry that we are so broke that I can't afford to eat the way I would like to in order to attempt something other than diet food. If I go Fat Fast, or all Meat.... or this or that... it requires a little extra money for me to eat that way. I just do NOT have that right now. As it is I feed my kids first and then myself with what ever is left over. I don't eat a lot... and if I did check cals I'm pretty sure what i do eat would qualify as a severely restricted diet. Yet between that and the thyroid meds I can't lose ANYTHING.

Sorry just had to vent... I need to figure something out... I'm running out of time.. I know I should take a break but I just don't have time for that right now.....
Old 10-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #995
Bike Tart

I know how you feel.....so frustrating that no matter which way you turn something won't work.

I had a good weekend visit with my friend....we both vented about all our problems....we both have health stuff that prevents us from doing what we enjoy....she can't bike right now, she can't do a lot of walking, etc. She feels like crap most of the time and is on more meds than she wants to be on...

I was going to make some stir fry for us last night for dinner and she mentioned she was hungry for the rice, chilies and cheese dish that I've made in the past and I said what the heck, I have all the stuff to make it so we'll have that for dinner....and it was delicious! We didn't have anything else with it, either.

Went to a party today and ate a few off plan foods...kept the portions small although I don't think it even matters....I'll bounce up or down....I never know!

We have parties the next 2 weekends plus our anniversary so I have to be extra careful during the week. I know that I won't eat on plan for any of the festivities and at this point I'm pretty much deciding that if I can just maintain till after the first of the year I'm ok....
Old 10-14-2013, 06:02 AM   #996
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I'm definitely going to have DH change the batteries in the scale because I don't believe I am down as much as it shows.....it was up a lb from the last time I weighed - when I said it was almost 20 lbs down).....I don't feel as if I've lost anything let alone that much. I want to be happy to see those numbers but I feel like it's wrong!

Had a great visit with my friend and a great time yesterday afternoon/evening with my SIL's in-laws (birthday party for one of the kids)....took my friend to the party so she could experience "the Italians" A party with them is always a good time!

Have to go to Mom's this morning and then back home to do chores, etc. I'd like to put up some Halloween decorations this week before DS/family come....I know Ruthie would love to see them!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:17 AM   #997

Good Morning!!

Little later than usual today with checking in.

Scale is a smidge down but I don't feel I can claim it since I fell into a bag of candy corn yesterday.

Back on track today......
Old 10-15-2013, 04:28 AM   #998

And we're up as expected......

Now that we're on a normal schedule today I'll be doing a FF day with coconut fats mostly. With my gallbladder missing I find that those are the fats that I have the least trouble with. I won't over do it with the coconut though since it can backfire as well in large quantities.

My range of motion in my bad arm is significantly better. Time to add some weight to my exercises. Probably just a canned veggie to begin with though.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #999
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Haven't gotten on the scale yet....slept in the recliner from about 5 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. after being awake since 5 p.m. yesterday....had a long nap yesterday afternoon and I'm all screwed up!

Hair cut today and a few errands....DH has to go over to DS's house to do a few things to help get ready for the housewarming party this weekend.

My arms and shoulders hurt....I think it's all stress related as are my sleep problems and my lack of weight loss. The pain is why I slept in the recliner...my new mattress is very comfy but the pain in my arms and shoulders wouldn't allow me to get in a position to fall asleep....

Guess I better get going....need to get some breakfast and go to my hair appt.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #1000
Bike Tart

What a day....got a call from Stepfather that his catheter came out and he had to go to the dr. so I had to go stay with Mom....got to Mom's and discovered she had a big red spot on her arm...not sure what it is and now there are blisters on it....had the hospice RN come and look at it...she doesn't know what it is, either. She's going to check it tomorrow for changes.....we have to put hydrocortizone cream on it for now.

I had to go to the store to get the cream as well as a few other things....the grocery store didn't have the cream so I had to go to Walgreen's....got stuck by a train on the way back to Mom's....twice!

I'm tired and I want my life back.....I want to feel good again....I can barely remember what it's like to feel good....
Old 10-16-2013, 04:39 AM   #1001

So sorry sweetie!! I know that feeling very well.

Hope the spot isn't anything serious.

Scale is up again today...... But TOM at this point is over due. I even took a pregnancy test and nope... thank goodness... not pregnant.

Really couldn't handle that right now on top of everything else.

I've got "events" coming up over the next 3wks starting tomorrow. It's going to be insanely busy. Then I'll have a medical appointment that I'm woefully prepared for. Have NOT been taking my supplements like I should for my migraine prevention.

I've been telling everyone I'll do my yearly physical in December(they're worried about me) but I'll be honest I haven't even made that appointment yet. I wanted to get enough weight off first before seeing that particular doctor. It didn't happen though and now I have to push the appointment to late January or go when I said I would and accept the fussing.

Arm is doing better. Doesn't hurt as much and range of motion is opening up. Unfortunately I lost a LOT of strength in it while it was hurt so I'm going to have to slowly build that up. And we all know just how patient I am.... NOT...
Old 10-16-2013, 06:19 AM   #1002

that should have said... *woefully unprepared for...

Didn't realize my oops until it was too late to edit.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #1003
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Another night of screwy sleep hours....slept from a little after 8 till 1 a.m. and then was still up when DH got home from work at 5 a.m. Went to bed and slept poorly till 9 a.m. At least I was able to stay in bed this time....DH is off the rest of the week so I'm hoping we can get a good schedule going for sleep.

Scale was up a little....I didn't eat well yesterday. I know what the problem was (got that call to go to Mom's when I was not home so I didn't have time to get my own food) DH brought me a burger while I was at Mom's because I didn't know how long before I could go home and eat. Do I need to just start carrying a cooler of food with me at all times in case Stepfather calls and I'm not at home??? Ugh!

Lots to do the next few days to get DS's house ready for his housewarming party on Saturday. Not sure he'll have an occupancy permit but he can still have the party! DH has to go there this morning to work on stuff and he'll drop me off at Mom's while he's working at DS's house. It's going to be a crazy day!

And I still need to get work done here at home because DS2/family are coming Friday night! I need a miracle!
Old 10-17-2013, 04:46 AM   #1004

Happy Thursday!!

Have school of the arts with the kiddos today and it's yearbook picture day.

Chose not to weigh because TOM finally showed and it just wasn't worth it to be depressed.

Other than that... not much else going on......
Old 10-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #1005
Bike Tart

Busy up to the eyeballs today and tomorrow....been to town once already today and as soon as the groceries are put away I have to go back to DS's house. I'm worn out and if I make through this weekend I'm doing nothing next week!

Scale is up...don't care....I've not been eating much and to be honest I'm sick of the scale, sick of trying to eat right and sick of everything....can you tell I'm having a crappy day?!

If my son's house had been done a few weeks ago it wouldn't be so bad but DH is over there working on all the last minute stuff....the house will not pass inspection for occupancy this week....it's raining so the driveway can't be poured today....one thing after another.

I need a good, long soak in the hot tub tonight if the rain stops! I ache all over....hate being a whiny girl today but I need to get it out and put my happy face back on when I go to DS's house....
Old 10-18-2013, 05:45 AM   #1006

Awwww I'm sorry you're son's house won't be done.

I chose not to weigh again today. Just don't care right now. Rescheduled one of my medical appointments because it's not a serious need and I really don't want to deal with it right now either.

School and pictures went great with the kiddos. Can't wait to see how they came out.

Lots to do this weekend with winterizing the house but only one day without rain.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #1007
Bike Tart

Surprise, Surprise!!! The house passed!!! The head contractor guy told DH that if it had been the other inspector it wouldn't have passed but this one passed it! I'm so happy for DS...he slept there legally last night!! Yay! This also means that over the next few weeks he will be moving all of his stuff out of our house and we can get better organized here!

I didn't weigh today....will wait a while...my eating has been off and I just don't want to see the numbers. I really don't think we were all put on this earth to weigh, measure, journal, etc. I think the way our environment as changed, our foods have changed and activity levels have changed has affected things in a bad way and we are now all obsessed with the numbers because we think we can change things. Our bodies will do what they want to do despite our being strict or whatever....that doesn't mean I think we should just do whatever we want....just that we should do our best and not stress so much....LOL! Like I'm going to stop weighing, etc! I do believe it, though....
Old 10-19-2013, 05:19 AM   #1008

Happy Weekend!!

Congrats on your son's house.

Scale is not very nice right now. I went ahead and peeked but since it's TOM right now I'm not going to let it stress me just yet. We'll see what it looks like after the swelling goes back down.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:22 AM   #1009
Bike Tart

DS's party is today and I still have more food to get ready! So I'll be doing that and cleaning this morning....hope I can finish everything and get to the party on time!

DS2/family decided to drive up today instead of last night....DIL wasn't feeling well....hope she's better today. We won't be here when they arrive.... They'll unload their stuff and come to the party when they are ready. Can't wait to see them!

Hope you have a good day! I'm looking forward to relaxing tomorrow!
Old 10-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #1010

I don't even want to talk about this weekend's food choices...

Tomorrow is a new day, new week, fresh start......
Old 10-21-2013, 05:02 AM   #1011

Happy Monday!!

I'm treating it as a new beginning and getting my butt in gear.

I chose not to weigh because that scale has so much control over my moods.

DD wants to get more serious about our workouts/gym class so we're starting that up this week as well. That should help with the movement part.

I'm going to go back to basics of low carb. If it happens to fall under Paleo/Primal then woo hoo.... But I just need to get rid of the carb creep/bloat that has happened.

So that's my plan. No counting calories, as little carbs as possible, and good clean food. Plus as much activity as I can handle with my kiddos.

We're also getting to the hard labor part of working on the house so that should help.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #1012
Bike Tart

Having a good day so far! We've had both kids, DIL and grandkids here for a good part of the day. DS2 just left to take Kayli to swim practice....he, DIL and Ruthie will probably be leaving to go home soon after he gets back. Going to miss all the activity here once they go. I've bonded a bit with one of the dogs, too....she's a rescue dog and takes a long time to bond with anyone....they've had her for about 4 years but this is the first time she wanted to sit by me!

Food has been ok....not great but not horrible....that's how it always is for me....going to get back to stricter low carb in a couple of days....still have to make our annual anniversary dinner of spaghetti and meatballs this week....
Old 10-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #1013

One of those days where I could have sworn I checked in.

TOM is finally on the way out and the scale wasn't pretty but that's okay. I'm dealing with it.

Other than that just trying to keep up with the new schedule and I find things are starting to fall through the cracks. Need to get a better handle on dealing with it all.

I honestly don't know how the sport moms do it. Driving kids to school, practice, games, dance lessons, etc etc etc... What little bit we've added to the list is just overwhelming.

All I can do is just keep on, keeping on.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:58 AM   #1014

And the scale is FINALLY going in the right direction.

Between TOM leaving and me getting back on shakes full time.

I'll keep this going for as long as I can stand it.

Hoping I can do it till I break through the 3 barriers I have ahead of me.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #1015
Bike Tart

Glad the scale is moving for you!

I haven't even gotten on it in a while....so much going on and not a lot of good choices with food. I don't know why I can't make the good choices and ignore the bad ones like I did for so many years....

Today is massage day....I really need it!

We were invited to Kayli's swim meet yesterday! This is the first one we've been to and the last one of the season apparently. We were just so happy that she asked us to come!

Starting to get used to being empty nesters finally! Love that I don't have to cook as much.....I enjoy cooking but right now it's just not what I want to do a lot of. DS was over last night packing more of his stuff....I gave him the dishes he uses for his lunches and a gallon of milk! LOL! We had a gallon left from the weekend when everyone was here and I don't want to drink it all so it went home with him...

Off to get my shower and figure out what I'll be making for lunch!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:59 AM   #1016

Scale is continuing to move and the cravings are finally easing up.

Now if only the last of the pain and depression could ease up I would be ecstatic.

I know how I should eat but I'll be honest the depression that hit over the time of year(my brother) and job issues(how can i work like this) really shoved me off that ledge and into the "I don't care what I eat" mode. My excuse was if I buy the junk it lasts longer and is cheaper.

Yup, but then I pay for it with the most horrible relapse I've had in years. I'm not even sure I'll completely come out of this one. There may have been too much damage this time.

anyway.......

Glad you finally get to enjoy being an empty nester. It's funny about giving your son the milk and stuff. I can remember my Mom giving us anything she didn't want in the pantry/fridge.

Now we do the same thing when ever she visits. If there's been a carb creep such as pasta noodles, etc... Then I pack it all up with her for my dad to eat.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #1017
Bike Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSiren View Post
Scale is continuing to move and the cravings are finally easing up.

Now if only the last of the pain and depression could ease up I would be ecstatic.

I know how I should eat but I'll be honest the depression that hit over the time of year(my brother) and job issues(how can i work like this) really shoved me off that ledge and into the "I don't care what I eat" mode. My excuse was if I buy the junk it lasts longer and is cheaper.

Yup, but then I pay for it with the most horrible relapse I've had in years. I'm not even sure I'll completely come out of this one. There may have been too much damage this time.

anyway.......

Glad you finally get to enjoy being an empty nester. It's funny about giving your son the milk and stuff. I can remember my Mom giving us anything she didn't want in the pantry/fridge.

Now we do the same thing when ever she visits. If there's been a carb creep such as pasta noodles, etc... Then I pack it all up with her for my dad to eat.
I guess we all do that with food! My Mom did it....I've done it with both of my kids....if DS2 had space in his car for a cooler food would go home with him, too! I feel like I want to go through my house and give him stuff (more to declutter here than to help him...)

I'm planning on cleaning the fridge and doing any food prep I can do today.....we're kind of thinking of ways we can rearrange furniture, etc....maybe it's the whole empty nest thing... We are going to try to do a whole sort/declutter/reorganize the house over the next few months...seems like extra work with the holiday season coming up but it's actually a good time to do it since we move things around for holiday stuff...can do some major cleaning while we move things around. It's been a while since I've done that!

Glad things are getting better for you!
Old 10-25-2013, 05:23 AM   #1018

Yup, when ever we visit family we always leave the back of the car half empty for everything they will inevitably send back with us.

Chose not to weigh this morning. After two good shake days that would probably count as down days I had a BIG dinner out with the guys last night. No need to weigh after that.

I'm treating today as a down day again with shakes all day and a very light fish dinner and salad dinner.

I really need to get better about taking my vitamins though. I am feeling horrible right now. Physically and emotionally.

Especially since the weather is keeping us in more and therefore not getting as much natural Vit. D.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:33 AM   #1019
Bike Tart

Well, I need a smack in the head or something...I start good most days and end up crappy....don't know why I keep doing this to myself....well, I have some ideas...I have so much anger in how my life has gone in the last 4 years.....I'm always in pain with no idea how to deal with it....I'm tired all the time....I feel so lost most of the time. I know a lot of this has to do with my Mom and her condition and the anger that I have because she didn't get to live her life the way she should have. I have so much anger toward my siblings....some of it is legitimate but some of it is not really all that reasonable. I'm willing to bet that some of my pain is caused by my body's reaction to the anger and disappointment in how my life has turned out. I fear that I will never get back to what I want to be....

So I need to figure out what to do next....not only with food and exercise but with doing other positive things in my life. Things that will make me feel good about myself again....I had a little bit of that yesterday when I was putting up some Halloween stuff but it fizzled out fairly fast. I'll see what I can accomplish today...

Book Club tonight....can't wait to spend some time with the girls! It will distract me from all my problems for a few hours at least.

I think maybe what I also need to do is a good purge of my fridge....I need to start over with food/food planning....it needs to be centered around what I can eat instead of what is best for everyone else. With DS gone it shouldn't be a problem....DH will eat whatever is put in front of him....I do get stuff for him that isn't what I like so he'll be ok. But I need to have stuff that will keep me on track....

I need to get back to taking my supplements, too....I know that some of them really helped me....
Old 10-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #1020

I completely understand the head smacking needs.

Had more of a medium day yesterday. On plan but too much. Today I'll need to eat to supply the work we'll be doing. I also need to go find my elbow brace or I'll be in a world of hurt by the end of the day.

Weighed and glad I didn't weigh yesterday because I'm sure the number would have made me since today's wasn't that awesome either.

Anyway, new day and lots of activity over the next few weeks. I'm really hoping that will help get things and KEEP things moving in the right direction. Yet, my thyroid is swollen again so I'm unsure how well I'll do with anything other than maintaining. Really that it won't make things harder.