Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #961
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Every Day is a New Start
Scale is down today but not significantly enough for my liking.

Hopefully since TOM is pretty much done the rest of the swelling will be gone tomorrow.

I also had a nice clean eating day yesterday so hopefully that will click in for me and keep me going in the right direction.

Did some rehab exercises for my elbow yesterday and it's feeling a smidge better today. So I'll continue to do that at least every other day. Plus the ice/heat/rest rotations.

Fun fun....
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #962
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Had a bunch of errands this morning.....time to make lunch...

Lots of chores to do today....need to get ready for our trip this weekend to visit DS2/family.

DH is off today so he's got his own chores/projects....hoping for some time to relax with a movie or something tonight....and hot tub before bed!

Scale still up a bit but at this point I don't know that I even care.... Just so frustrated with the whole thing!
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:05 AM   #963

And here we go again with the bouncing...

I'm now on an up bounce... Not much to say after that.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #964
Bike Tart

I haven't bounced back down yet....don't know that I'll ever be out of this range....makes me angry the turn my health took after my knee surgery....if I have to be stuck at a weight why couldn't it be where I was when I had the surgery instead of me gaining everything plus 10 more back? At least I'd have some decent clothes to wear!

Heading to town in about an hour for my massage....sure do need it today. I am pretty sure we'll be exchanging our mattress soon....I haven't had a good night's sleep on it yet.....will try it for another night and tomorrow we're going back to the store to see what we need to do to get it exchanged....

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
Old 09-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #965

yeah, ummm... not doing good at all right now...

Not sure how long it'll take me to bounce back from this one. Partly coming off my TOM, partly sympathy for DD's TOM, and partly purely and completely feeling sorry for myself(fibro relapse, tennis elbow, RA flare)....

Sabotage at it's best.... when I know I need to kick things in gear to be ready for family in the coming months.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #966
Bike Tart

Just a quickie! At DS's house....Ruthie and I are watching Hello Kitty now....first Cinderella....

Food will be out of my control since I didn't have time to prepare/bring stuff for me....had an emergency with Stepfather and he had to have surgery yesterday...I had to get care lined up for Mom while he's in the hospital....he's doing well as far as I know....

I'm just going to enjoy my time here with the granddaughters and DS/DIL and not worry about food this weekend...it will probably bite me in the butt....I really don't care so much right now.

Hope you feel better soon!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:38 AM   #967

Happy Monday!!

Went slightly off grid for a bit while I dealt with the body issues I'm having.

I'm not feeling better physically but mentally I'm definitely better.

I'm also coming back down on the swelling so the scale is coming down too. Now to just finish getting the full inflammation back down. Then maybe my joints will stop hurting so much.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #968
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Spent the night at Mom's....forgot to bring food so DH is stopping to get some for here. I'll be here at least another day and maybe one more night after tonight. Stepfather is being released from the hospital today but I'm staying to make sure he's ok to be here with Mom.

I'm puffy but not as bad as I expected....I wish Stepfather wasn't so picky about food because it's going to be a challenge making meals he'll eat and I can eat while I'm here. He uses fake foods (margarine, etc...low fat, fat free) and I am not going to eat that crap. Hope I survive this without going nuts!
Old 10-01-2013, 04:41 AM   #969

Goodness I hope Mom and Step-Father are okay.

Scale is continuing down for now but of course I have a long way to go before I'll officially get excited.

As long as it's continuing at the current pace I won't change anything about how I'm eating.

I'll update/change as needed to keep it moving.

I have a goal in mind for my wedding anniversary in a few months but I'm not going to stress about it.

Especially since I know my hubby loves me no matter what. I would just really like to get past "pre-babies" weight and into "pre-wedding" weight by the end of the year.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #970
Bike Tart

I'm home again...I really didn't need to stay one more night....Stepfather is still a little shaky but he'll be fine and he can always call me if needed. I just wanted to be home!
I fell asleep in the recliner for about 2 hours and now I need to get busy and get food made for DS's work lunch tomorrow. He thinks he'll be moving in a week or so and then I won't have to make food for him anymore.....looking forward to that!

I paid for eating grains over the weekend and at Mom's house....my feet and ankles swelled a lot and I got a few spots on my face that get really dry and patchy. My sister is eating mostly grain free (she is a normal weight and hasn't really had ongoing health issues like me) and said she feels so much better....she still allows certain foods now and then but says she really likes eating without bread, etc.

Our anniversary is coming up in a few weeks and I'd love to lose something by then...probably won't be happening because I just don't have the energy to do much about it....maybe after I get a little bit of sleep.....
Old 10-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #971
Bike Tart

I fell asleep again in the recliner right after I posted last night and slept till 1 a.m. Was up till DH got home at 4:30 a.m. and then back to bed till 7:30 a.m. I hope I can stay awake during the day and evening and sleep all night tonight!

Scale is about the same so I'm not too upset after the way I ate this weekend. Now I'm working on a grocery list for home and for camping....need to bring food I can eat along with food to provide the Saturday night meal for 25 people! I know what everyone else is bringing for the meal they provide but I may need to supplement or provide my own food for other meals because no one else eats low carb.

Going to go get on my recumbent bike now....have to start again!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #972

I'm seriously spacing a lot these days.

I thought I'd already written here today.

Scale was up a smidge but I knew why so no biggies.

Still continuing current eating but adding back in ACV and CLO to help speed things up a bit.

Not much else going on other than the usual.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #973
Bike Tart

I need to get back to CO and ACV.....bought a magnesium supp to mix with water so I need to start using that, too.

Did 20 minutes on the bike this morning....better than nothing!

DH is eating popcorn right now....can I just kill him?!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:33 AM   #974

Slowly but surely coming back down.

Looks like the holidays will be quiet here after all. I still have a medical appointment in November though so I'd like some progress before that.

Also there's the anniversary that I'd like to fit my dress for.

So, keeping on, keeping on.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:19 AM   #975
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Puffy feet are going down but scale is up....what the heck?

Lots to do today to get ready for camping....shopping, cooking, packing....hope I can get it all done!

Going to get some bike time in a few minutes....breakfast was a almond flour/coconut flour bun with 2 eggs over easy....very good!

Not sure about the other meals yet.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #976

Your muscles are probably holding on to the fluid from the bike ride.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #977
Bike Tart

Yeah, plus the few grains I had over the weekend...I really get the side effects from grains faster and worse when I eat them now....my feet look much closer to normal tonight.

We went and exchanged our mattress....new one is coming on Tuesday....hoping to sleep better once we get it.

I've made some of the camping food but still have more to make tomorrow. Also have to go to Mom's in the morning for a bit and when I get home I have to work like a crazy woman to get everything ready to leave for camping! Looking forward to spending the weekend with everyone that's going!

Got my bike time this morning so I'm happy....sore but happy!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:11 AM   #978

Happy Friday!!

I'm up severely on the scale... I mean 3lbs overnight. I'm pretty sure it was the turkey legs we had so I'm trying not to freak. But my thyroid is also swollen.

I guess we'll see in a few days if it was swelling or if I'm on a dang thyroid upswing again. Those I can't do anything about except not eat.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #979

So the scale went down yesterday only to go right back up today. I had a discussion with hubby about it this morning and told him I just give up.

Stick a fork in me... I am done... I'm done fighting my body and trying to force it to do something it obviously doesn't want to do. I'm done trying to meet goals that other people have for me(doctors included).

I..... am..... done!!!!!

Hubby said to talk to him again in a few hours because he's pretty sure it was just a momentary reaction to the scale.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #980
Bike Tart

maybe just take a break to maintain....I do know how you feel...

I ate so much off plan food all weekend....I have a really hard time when I'm with everyone in a different environment and they are all eating stuff I know I shouldn't eat. I would have had to bring separate food for every meal and I just don't have the time or energy to do that for camping. I think if I were seeing good progress I might feel different but I've been in the same range for over a year. I have to make changes because I'm so physically miserable right now...can't do much of anything....feeling so useless this weekend.

So I am going to take a day or two to regroup and start again....that's all I can do right now.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #981

Yup, my body is in total freak out mode.

I've been dealing with the beginning of an ulcer(gotta love stress)
and took measures to heal my stomach.

So yesterday was bland/gentle foods. Eating until comfortable but not completely full, etc....

Today I wake up with 6lbs of fluid gone. Even though I had a ton of carbs in the form of bananas and sweet potatoes. Plus salt added to the potatoes.

My body is nuts and I give up trying to figure it out.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #982
Bike Tart

I was at Mom's all day today....too long to type out again (if you want details go to the Playground Facebook Yoville thread)...I'm exhausted and hungry!

Scale was up several lbs from the weekend but I didn't eat all day so who knows what tomorrow's number will be...don't even care....

Tonight is the last night with the current mattress...they are bringing the new one to exchange it tomorrow....

I've got an extremely busy week and my friend from the other side of the State is coming to visit this weekend....we're going to lounge and vent all weekend! LOL!
Old 10-08-2013, 04:31 AM   #983

Read it,

Goodness you had a rough day.

Hope the new mattress is better and you can get some rest.

Scale is up today. Same eating as the day before so who the heck knows why. Like I said... I give up. All I can do is try to be as healthy as possible and currently I am not. So time to fix it and then move on with my future without stressing so much about my weight.

I have bigger things to worry about. Like getting this house from around our necks before it drowns us. Or hubby having a job lined up before he retires so we don't end up having to live with either set of parents like we're just starting out.

Plus I had kind of a melt down last night. Too much to type out but both kids and hubby had just pushed one too many buttons.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #984
Bike Tart

You have so much on your plate right now.....I still think that for now you should just work on maintaining....I was talking with my Aunt yesterday and we both have decided we just stress about too many things and we have to just let the least important ones go for now. I know that's hard because I want everything to be the way I want it! But right now I have to get my priorities in order and sorry to say but weight loss is not near the top of the list right now. I will continue to do my best to eat low carb, nutritious foods but my main concerns are my Mom/Stepfather, getting my house cleaned and getting my son moved (in a couple of weeks, I hope!)...once we get some of this settled/done I will concentrate on weight loss again. I just keep bouncing in the same range and all it does is add to my stress.

We have so much stuff coming up in the next few weeks and I have to be able to function at a halfway decent level. So I'm trying to figure out what I can let go of for now....

Hope you can find a spot to be happy and less stressed! It's hard when you have to be concerned about jobs and home....take time for yourself and be kind to yourself! Things will fall into place when you least expect it! I just need to remember that for myself!
Old 10-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #985

I don't want to maintain... {{pout}} {{pout}} {{stomp}} {{stomp}}

I'm just trying to stay healthy and if that involves maintaining then so be it.

I was going to try basic KB movements today. Not with the bell. Just the movements to get ready for adding them back in once I feel my arm is up to it. Unfortunately the hubby took so long getting ready for work that I didn't have help chopping up the veggies and now my arm hurts again. I'm so sick and tired of being sick, tired, and in pain.

I am a work in progress... I will get better with time but I'm too impatient by far.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:18 AM   #986
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I know what you mean when you say you don't want to maintain.....we both want to see losses and it's so frustrating not to see them.

Scale is still the same.....guess it's better than going up....again!

I miss doing kb work so much! I hope to get back to it but not till after the first of the year. I have too much going on in the next few months to be sore. I'll probably have to start with the little 4 lb. weinie bell!

I had 2 eggs and some almond flour biscuits for breakfast. Not sure what my other meals will be....have to go to Mom's for the morning and then a massage in the afternoon. Errands in between Mom's and the massage.

A friend is coming on Sat. to visit and staying overnight so I have to get the guest bedroom ready...we've been piling stuff in there again....once DS moves we will have more space for things and it will be easier to keep things organized because we'll be storing things in the closet of his bedroom downstairs.

Better go get my shower and get going....hope you have a good day and that your arm feels better soon....
Old 10-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #987

Happy Thursday!!

Weather is really yucky here and making me want to sleep.

Scale is down for the moment... But it's basically going up and down the same 2lbs. So, I guess you could say that I'm officially maintaining. Not in a range I want to be in but beggars can't be choosers.

Even with the rainy aches and pains I am feeling soooo much better today.

That's a good sign that my elimination "diet" has been working on the inflammation.

I've decided to take it one step further and go into full ketosis. Going to be hard after all the healthy carbs I've been eating but worth it I feel.

While I am in ketosis I will add a very light walking and kb schedule. Nothing hardcore. And I will not push my arm further than it's comfortable.

This will be in addition to the light yoga I've been doing. Still a very very light schedule with all of them. Not ready for the hard stuff even though I am itching to do it NOW. I know from previous experience that I have to come out of this relapse slowly and one day at a time.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #988
Bike Tart

Glad you're feeling better! Scale was down a little here....still in the high end of the bounce range.

Busy day again....more chores to do but not sure I'll do them tonight...just don't feel like it. I could sit and fold clothes in the living room while I watch a movie, I suppose!

It's sad to say but I can't wait till my son's house is done and he moves out! We are spending so much of what little free time we have helping him....we don't mind helping him but our things are getting neglected because of it. He works long hours and the errands we do for him need to get done during the day so DH and I are always asked to do errands for him.

Better get going....I have groceries to put away...
Old 10-11-2013, 04:30 AM   #989

I completely understand how you feel about getting back to your routine and hoping he's in his house soon.

I'm up as expected today but it was a very tiny bounce. I am hopeful that it is a good sign but I won't tie too much of my happiness on it.

Arm is a little tender today but otherwise I'm good.

Not much else going on other than trying to keep everyone healthy with all this yucky weather.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #990
Bike Tart

I didn't get on the scale today...no reason...just didn't do it.

I have to go buy a microwave for Mom's house and bring it there today. Stepfather uses it a lot and her's is at least 15 years old and started making noise...better to just replace it.

Not sure about food today...well, lunch is frozen pizza (I'll just eat the toppings)...DH brought 10 of them home from work (they were passed out to all employees as a bonus....what's wrong with cash?!)....

Other than that I'll be busy preparing for my friend's visit tomorrow....