Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #931
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Good Morning! Well, we bought a mattress set....spent waaaaay more than planned......it better be worth it!

Feet are looking normal finally! Made protein shakes for me and DH for breakfast....need to get more ingredients....out of coconut milk and want to add a few other things for nutrition....still undecided about exactly what I want in them...

Burger patties for lunch and dinner is undecided....I'll be eating alone tonight...DH works the next 3 days and DS will be working at his house all day and evening today.

I have my last regular meeting with Mom's social worker today...will miss talking to her!

Still need motivation and energy to start exercising....I just can't seem to make myself do it....maybe once next week is over and Mom is done with hospice and we have our new bed....

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2013, 05:13 AM   #932
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Every Day is a New Start
Hope the new mattress works out for you!!

Down a smidge today. Not much but it's something I guess.

This weekend we start gym class with the kids so that should help some.

I am very thankful that we are required to do this otherwise we'd probably sit on our bums all day.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #933
Bike Tart

I never made it to the store yesterday....I keep getting interrupted by DS or others to do this or that and nothing on my list gets done...I don't mind the interruptions but just want to get my stuff done, too!

I need to go to the store but not till later today after I do some cooking with what I have here. I can't just go get random stuff....need to get a plan in mind first!

I just read in a FB group that I belong to about cooking bacon in a crockpot...I'm intrigued and I think I'm going to try it! I've got a bunch of bacon to cook so I'll do some in the oven like I usually do and try some in the crockpot....I'm sure if it doesn't turn out exactly like I want I can still use it for something!
Old 09-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #934

Happy Sunday!!!

Crazy busy day ahead to make up for things that didn't get done on Saturday. Maybe one of these days I'll actually be able to make it a day of rest.

Daughter and I really need a detox. We've eaten out way to many times this past week. It was worked into the food budget... so that wasn't bad.

But our bodies can't handle it so it took it out of us in payment that way.

So back to home cooked meals and back to the crockpot for days that I know we'll be running around like mad. No excuses for being too busy to cook.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #935
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I went out last night to see BIL's band play....didn't get home till after 2 a.m. and was too wide awake to go to bed till about 3:30 a.m. so I'm going to be dragging later today! But I had fun so that's good....DH was working and DS was working at his house so I went alone but met a few people that I know so I had fun.

The bacon in the crockpot worked well....it breaks up but it's good to use for recipes. Still working on using up food we have here but need to get to the store for coconut milk....I didn't go yesterday.

I ate crappy yesterday but I have found that pretty much the only foods that puff me up are grains......my feet are looking good today...almost no puffiness.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:45 AM   #936

Happy Monday!!

First full day back on lessons today and I'm so excited and nervous at the same time.

Scale is trying to ooch it's way back down. We'll see how long this lasts.

Other than that not much else going on. We start family gym class either today or tomorrow. So we'll be getting a lot more movement in each day. I'm hoping this will help.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:55 AM   #937

Happy Tuesday!!

Scale is slowly but surely coming back down. I'm it will continue without any hiccups till Thanksgiving. Around that time I have both a medical appointment and family either coming here or us going down to visit.

We may be able to push the family thing until Christmas but I really don't want to do the whole big family Christmas thing since we don't have the money to get everyone presents.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #938
Bike Tart

I've had a long, emotional day....went to Mom's to prepare for the new hospital bed, the new doctor visit and for her release from hospice care. Well, we got a call from hospice saying they were re-evaluating her release and to have the doctor call them after he examined her. They also sent the RN over to check Mom and meet the doctor.

The doctor told the RN that Mom should not be released and that he'd sign all the necessary papers! So she's still in hospice till the next review time at least!

I'm so relieved! Now I can start working on me again....time to get my health and fitness back!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #939

I am very glad they were able to re-evaluate her needs.

Definitely hope you take this time to take care of you!!

I'm continuing down the scale. In fact I'm back where I was at my last appointment. Before all the drama and emotional eating.

So now I'm working on continuing into the next set of 10's and my lowest of lows over the last few years. After that is the getting below 200 goal. For the first time in a very long time I truly feel like I can make it.
And although I know I would "like" to make it before the end of the year..... I am not holding myself to anything other than progress for each medical appointment I have. Next one is in November, then December, then January. If I have progress at each one I will be pleased.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #940
Bike Tart

So glad the scale is going in the right direction for you! I hope I can get back on track without too much trouble.

I'm going for a massage this afternoon and then stopping at Mom's for a bit.

I'm going to make a casserole with spaghetti squash and ground beef for lunch....tonight I think I'll just have eggs or a shake. Had eggs for breakfast....
Old 09-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #941
Bike Tart

I'm down 2 lbs. but not celebrating because it's in the same bounce range that it's been for months.....will be happy if I can get to a lower bounce range! LOL!

Making BLT salad for lunch today...DH will have his in a wrap...

Working on a recipe that needs tweaking so I can use up a bunch of tomatoes....Stepfather gave me a lot of them and I need to use them up!

Getting bedroom cleared out for new mattress set tomorrow....I told DH I'll probably sleep in the recliner tonight since he'll be working all night....he can sleep in the guest room tonight since we already took our bed apart.

Going to Mom's when DH leaves for work....need to see how she's doing with the new meds....hopefully Stepfather is giving them to her...

Had a good protein shake for breakfast....so glad DH said he wants to do the shakes in the mornings...much easier for me! I just need to work back up to a decent amount of good fats again....I've been slacking in that area.....I'm going to make some choco/pb fat bombs (hopefully I'll be doing that tonight)...
Old 09-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #942

Sorry.. Thought I'd already posted today but guess not. Things have been weird here. Finishing up the school week, getting ready for DD's b'day, etc etc.....

I was severely swollen this morning so of course the scale was not nice. I know why so no biggie. You would think by now I would learn that I'm having issues with sodium. I guess I keep hoping it'll change.

Now we're off to use a free coupon for something at a clothing store and a b1g1 at the ice cream shop for the kiddos.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #943
Bike Tart

Scale is the same today...no problem....had a good, on plan day yesterday....hope to do the same today.

Need to get a couple of crock pots going, cook some bacon, make fauxtato salad, maybe make some chia pudding.....

Looks like one of the things we'll be doing this weekend is closing the pool for the winter...makes me sad because we didn't get to use it much this summer.

A few last small things to do before the mattress delivery....have to wait till DH wakes up....I hate his work hours because on the nights he works he has to sleep all morning and I have to be quiet! Once DS moves I will have the basement workout area set up again and when DH is sleeping at least I'll be able to exercise!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #944

Sorry you didn't get much of a summer in your pool this year.

Scale is the same for me as well. Considering I had a regular coffee and pumpkin scone yesterday I'm happy. The rest of the day was on plan though.

Today we'll be having gluten free picnic boxes at the movies instead of popcorn. I've also got Jambalaya in the crock pot for tonight.

She picked out paleo-ish cupcakes for her birthday on Sunday and chicken thighs for her dinner.

So, though we are having treats they are not necessarily "horrible" for us. This will probably keep me the same on the scale through the festivities. Then I'll tighten things again on Monday in order to hopefully start losing again.

I like that I know how to maintain. Just wish I could keep losing long enough to get back into Onederland.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #945
Bike Tart

I found and tried a different muffin recipe today...uses almond flour and coconut flour. The person called it a southern style biscuit but I don't think it had a biscuit texture. It was very good....mild flavor that wouldn't interfere with any toppings....I'm going to definitely make it again....here's the recipe in case you might want to try it.....I topped 2 halves with about a half ounce of cream cheese and 2 with sf jam....I'm thinking I'd like it topped with egg salad!

MIM Biscuit

1 T. Honeyville Almond Flour
1 T. Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
Mix these well then add the following
1 T. Mayo
1T. Heavy whipping cream
1 T. Warm water
1 Egg

Mix until there are no lumps, this will be a pretty wet batter.
Split into two ramekins and microwave for 1.5-2 minutes
Remove carefully, split into the desired thickness of biscuits and enjoy!
Old 09-14-2013, 04:57 AM   #946

That looks cool. I'll have to try it out later when I'm not cooking for the birthday fun.

Up a smidge on the scale today and really swollen. But it's literally a smidge... like a 1/4lb or something. So, I'm not stressing.

I am looking forward to not eating quite so much food next week. And I am definitely happy that we've been keeping it to one off plan item each day and the rest of the time has been on plan.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #947
Bike Tart

Stumbled off track a bit last night...invited to SIL's for the evening....wasn't at home when we got the invitation so I didn't think fast enough to stop and pick up a salad for when everyone else was eating pizza....oh, well....next time I'll do better!

I also need to remember that while I enjoy a BLT salad, it's not filling enough to last through the day....I was hungry last night and that made it easier to eat off plan.

I made those little biscuits for breakfast...the recipe makes 2 small ones and we each had one with our protein shake....very good!

Going out tonight (will eat at home before we go!).....BIL's band is playing so we're having a date night!
Old 09-15-2013, 04:16 AM   #948

Happy Sunday!!

So glad today is the last day of celebrating. Don't think I could take much more fun.

Today is totally clean eating but with clean treats. So the swelling should start coming down. Hopefully.

We had some off plan stuff Thursday/Friday/Saturday but it was never more than one item each day so that was really good. DD and I both ended yesterday ecstatic that we'd be back to 100% clean eating today though. Just that little bit was enough to make us feel "off".

Other than that... not much else going on. Just sending the hubby to get the balloons we couldn't pick up last night when we broke down. Thankfully our teenager sleeps hard in the mornings. We should have a couple more hours to sneak the balloons into her room.

Then we'll wake her up singing
Old 09-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #949
Bike Tart

to your daughter! Hope it's a fabulous day!

Went out last night to see BIL's band....good music and dancing!

The guys just left to go to DS's house to paint and stain....I think DS is still hoping to be able to move in by the end of the month....

I'm going to do some cooking and cleaning today, as usual! Not planning on going anywhere today....
Old 09-17-2013, 07:12 AM   #950
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Thought I posted in here yesterday....guess not! I was down to the bottom of the bounce range yesterday...back up 1/2 lb. today....oh, well....would love to get out of this range....I sort of have a small goal....would love to lose at least 10 lbs by my next dr. appt. which is in November....should be doable (if I can get my body to cooperate! LOL!)

Today I have a bunch of meat that needs to be grilled, a casserole to make and possibly a few recipes to try....I can start on some of the cooking ahead while DH is still sleeping but don't want to bang around pots and pans too much because he needs to sleep at least another 2 hours if possible. These work hours of his really screw things up for both of us!

I also have the usual chores along with the usual trip to Mom's after lunch.....we also have a few busy weeks coming up (ok, a busy month!) and I want to get the house cleaned as good as I can so I don't have to worry about that on top of everything else.

We have a camping weekend coming up the first weekend of Oct. and we're going with 3 other families....what we do for food is each family provides one full meal and then some snacks, etc. to fill in....there's a total of 20 people plus a few more that come to visit so making stuff that is on plan is not necessarily going to happen....I'm taking crockpots to make food in bulk. I'm also going to bring on plan food for me in case it's needed....I know how the rest of them eat...lots of grains, candy, snacks, etc. Don't want to do that so if I have my own stuff I'll be ok...
Old 09-18-2013, 05:01 AM   #951

Looks like we both had a busy couple days.

I'm at the high end of my bounce range. Need to nip this in the bud and get to progressing back downward.

I have 10wks till the first set of family comes up, 14wks till the second set, and 15wks till my Endo appointment.

Plenty of time to make some progress.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #952
Bike Tart

Still at the bottom of the bounce range....down 1.5 lbs. this morning....I might actually be out of this range sooner than I thought.

I'm going to do a little more cooking today....didn't get it all done yesterday.

I don't think I'm going to Mom's today unless Stepfather calls for something....I need to take a day off. DH is off today so I want to spend some time with him....seems like we never get much time together....
Old 09-19-2013, 04:07 AM   #953

Happy Thursday!!

Still the same on the scale which is fine considering I also started TOM early. Probably stress over today.

First day of special classes start today. So excited, scared, nervous, etc... for them and I'm not even the one going to the classes.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #954
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Hope your kids enjoy their classes today!

Scale is the same here, too.....that's fine as long as it's not up!

Going to Mom's, DH is going to DS's house to paint....hopefully the house will be done in the next week or two....I know DS is anxious to get moved!
Old 09-20-2013, 06:13 AM   #955

Happy Friday!!

They had a blast.

I chose not to weigh this morning. Between TOM and the swelling being so bad my fingers and feet feel like they're going to burst at the seams.

I figured it was best to ignore it for the moment.

Going to get plenty of lemon water, etc today to help flush it out hopefully.

But first... I need coffee...and lots of it....

As soon as the guys get back from their blood work I have to feed them and then get them straight onto a full day of school work to make up for being off yesterday.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #956
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Hanging out at home this morning.....meeting with Mom's social worker after lunch. It's supposed to be book club night but we're doing it tomorrow night instead....can't wait!

Scale still the same.....getting impatient to see a little progress!

Making a protein shake in a few minutes for me and DH and the little biscuit recipe I posted the other day to go with it.....it makes 2 small biscuits and we each have one.

Not sure what we'll be doing for our other meals today....I may go to SIL's house tonight for band practice....not sure yet....
Old 09-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #957
Bike Tart

Had to go to Mom's to sit with her while DS took Stepfather to the dr. Stepfather was having dizzy spells....no one at the dr. office and he wouldn't go to the walk in clinic so they came back home. Hope he'll be ok....I think he's just getting over worked up about his dr. appt. on Monday because he's decided he must have cancer...he always thinks the worst and gets himself sick with it.

Going to book club tonight and I know I will not be eating on plan....I know this because we're having a bonfire and the drinks she's serving are hot apple cider with caramel vodka....I will be having at least one!

Tomorrow we have a busy day....picking up Kayli for the day, stopping at Mom's to get a cabinet to take over to my Aunt's house, going out to lunch (Kayli gets to pick the place), stopping at DS's house to see the progress, then back to our house for a movie and I'll make a little pizza for me and Kayli (low carb!) and maybe some lc ice cream if I get the ingredients. It will be a long but fun day!

Scale is down a bit today...will most likely bounce back up tomorrow...
Old 09-22-2013, 04:56 AM   #958

Goodness I'm so sorry. Hope his appointment goes well on Monday.

I finally snuck a peak at the scale and it wasn't pretty. I knew I had kind of derailed during DD's b'day week and then couldn't seem to get back on the straight and narrow since then. Plus TOM is here so that doesn't help. Time to fix this before I gain everything back that I've lost recently.

I also realize I tend to sabotage myself when I know family is coming to visit. It's a "thing" I do to myself every single time. I need to straight up and just get over it now.

I need progress for myself... NOT them... although the added bonus is it'll keep the irritating ones off my back.

Not much else going on. Need to do more work on the house, paperwork, and some errands later.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #959
Bike Tart

Today is Kayli day....we're picking her up in about an hour and have her for the day! Lots of things planned....she's choosing where we go for lunch so I'm not sure how on plan I'll be able to eat....will do my best!

Book club last night was great, as always!

Scale was up a half lb....not stressing about it....looking at my feet and ankles and there is no puffiness! Yay!
Old 09-23-2013, 04:32 AM   #960

Happy Monday!!

Glad you got to spend some time with your "grand baby".

Scale is the same this morning but TOM is marching out the door so I should be seeing some drops in the next couple days.

I'm now dealing with tennis elbow however and not sure how to workout now. I can't do kettlebells because it'll put too much strain on that arm.

I can't do any upper body weight exercises really.

So I guess the focus will have to be on lower body and cardio that doesn't require a lot of arm movement.

Such a pain in the booty to have this happening now when I wanted to kick everything up a notch.

Time to be extra tight on the diet again and do what ever movements I can do. This also means that while I recover I can't do a lot of the house projects without irritating that arm. And I have a deadline to get the big ones done before family gets here.

Somehow I'll get this figured out. In the mean time I completed busted our grocery budget for this week because I was mad and frustrated. Now I'll need to figure out how to stretch things a TON and make up for it. So it's not like it helped me any.

Time to get lesson plans together for the day.

Fun Times....