Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 06:21 AM   #901
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
And let the bouncing begin.

Back up yet again.. Nothing off plan or out of the ordinary other than not feeling well and spending most of the day in the car running errands.

So, it could be swelling, etc.....

Oh well... Tomorrow is another day.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2013, 06:45 AM   #902
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
I'm bouncing right there with ya......
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:47 AM   #903

And the scale is down but not all the way down. {{sigh}}

I know it's because I was running around and didn't get as much water as I'd like. Today I'll be working on that since we'll be home most of the day.

Hope you're down as well.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:39 AM   #904

And we're back up......

1wk left till my endo appt. I really need it to start going down and continue.
If it does I'll have a good weigh in.
If it stays here then I might as well prepare for his attitude.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #905
Bike Tart

I'm down a tiny bit.....if I would eat better and move around more the scale would cooperate....

Yesterday we took Kayli to the drive in that we used to go to when we were dating....she really enjoyed it. We talked about going to a movie on Monday...trying to get a little more time with her before school starts!

I think today I'll be doing some cooking ahead and the usual chores....I really need to get a few things done for a change! My house is a disaster!
Old 08-23-2013, 06:18 AM   #906

Glad you're having so much fun with your grands!!

Down again on the scale. Let's hope I can carry this momentum through the appointment next Thursday.

Other than that just trying to complete my household projects, personal projects, school readiness, and somewhere in there have fun with the kiddos.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #907
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I didn't get on the scale...totally forgot! I am thinking of doing a once a week weigh in rather than daily....not sure yet.

Nothing much going on today other than a meeting with Mom's social worker...I imagine we'll be discussing her transition to home health care....hospice will probably be releasing her next week.

DS and I have a birthday party to go to tomorrow...the Mom has done primal/paleo but not sure she's doing it now so I'm not sure what food will be served....will do my best, as usual! DH has to work so he'll miss the fun!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
Old 08-24-2013, 04:52 AM   #908

Awww sorry hubby has to work. Hope you enjoy the party and she has food you can enjoy too.

Scale is up yet again but TOM is also acting like it may be coming early. This is both a blessing and a curse. Blessing because I may be able to get all the swelling from it off before the docs appointment but curse because it sure puts a crimp in enjoying the last of the summer vacation with the kiddos. I'll be too crabby and hurting too much.

I'll try really hard not to allow it to affect anything but I'm sure you remember how it can be at times.

So other that that... Not much else new. Just getting through household stuff, school readiness stuff, and trying to have fun too.

I'm also trying to get prepared for daughter's b'day coming up on the 15th.

So far it looks like we're planning a bowling/movie day for her. There's a place here that we've always wanted to go that has a bowling alley along with the movie theater. And the theater is a restaurant theater. We can eat a meal while we watch the movie then go work it off at the bowling alley.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:31 AM   #909

On a down bounce but it's higher than I would have liked. Probably because TOM showed up a few days early. It seems to be coming earlier and earlier these days. I'm not sure if it's DD's cycle messing with mine or a sign of getting older. It's still regular just likes to start two days earlier every month for the last few months.

Other than that we're doing okay here. Just exhausted from last night. We had a blast though.

Only reason I'm up early is I'm doing a roast in the crockpot and it's one of those all day ones. blech...

Might crawl into my recliner with a heating pad once I get it going.

Hope you're having a great weekend.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:10 AM   #910
Bike Tart

The party was fun....they served a baked potato bar as well as some other stuff....not a lot that was on plan but I was careful on serving size (although it still made me puff up!)....then yesterday BIL/SIL had everyone over for pizza (they are the ones with the wood burning pizza oven)....I had some but was also careful not to eat too much. Still puffy but the scale was down today...I had a good time...nice to get away from the stress of thinking about the next few weeks when we have to transition Mom out of hospice....

I don't like this scale so much...the last few times I've used it the numbers are drastically different...10 lbs one way or the other....I have a dr. appt. this week so I guess I'll find out then.

Taking Kayli out to lunch and then a movie today...the last chance we have to do something with her before school starts....between DH's work hours, her babysitting hours and school, we won't get a lot of time with her....
Old 08-26-2013, 05:49 AM   #911

Down again today and it'll continue.

Doc appt. is Thursday so really hoping to get rid of all my swelling plus more by then so that I can go in with at least a modest loss.

Sorry about your scale and hope your doc's scales shows that you're down. Enjoy your time with your grandbaby. How old is she now??

One week from Thursday we start our school back up here. I can't believe it's going to be 5th and 9th grades all ready. Oh and talking about college with the oldest these days and what we need to do here to set her up for the places she wants to go.

DH has an appt today for his foot. It's a mess and it's been that way for a while but sometimes his medical can be a joke. We're just now getting him to a civilian after they finally admitted they don't know what's wrong.

Other than that just some chores around here. We're moving one of the school desks up to DD's room so that she can lock herself away in there when she needs to study without her brother bothering her.

Then we're changing around the school area downstairs so that we have the one desk, some new extra shelving, and a clear kitchen table. This way if they want to sit at the desk and work they can or at the kitchen table. But for reading and such I don't mind if they hang upside down on the sofa. Of course that would mainly be my youngest. He's definitely fun at times.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #912

And he is retiring in 1yr. That's 1yr to get myself prepared for a new way of life. Including being in shape enough that if I have to go back to work I can handle it physically.

I need this weight off even more so now.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #913
Bike Tart

Once you get used to the idea of his retiring you will be able to start planning....give yourselves time to just absorb it without stressing too much...don't worry about it for a few weeks at least. I know it's easy to say but this is very much like when DH lost his job 9 years ago....you are going into the unknown after many years of knowing what to expect. It's scary but just take things as they come if you can...

Kayli is 14 now...starting 9th grade next week! I hope that once school starts we'll be able to see her now and then....between all her school activities, babysitting, etc. and DH's crazy hours and my Mom it will be hard to get time...but we'll work something out!

I am having a bad day mentally....it's all about my weight....I hurt and I am pretty sure I have some depression going on with all this stuff with my Mom....I can't seem to concentrate on taking decent are of myself. I need to make some dinner and nothing sounds good but DH is hungry.....

I don't plan on doing much else tonight....just hoping I can get some hot tub time with DH and get a good night's sleep once we come back in the house!
Old 08-27-2013, 05:57 AM   #914

Thanks hon!! I'm just thankful that he's not in the office right now. Gives him time to process before seeing the guys again after the holiday weekend.

I'm already making lists and my lists have lists.

My Kaylee is 14 and starting 9th as well. Crazy how fast they grow isn't it. Hope you get some time with her in spite of her packed schedule.

Hope you're feeling a little better mentally today. You're under a lot of stress and pressure right now so it's understandable. I completely understand.

Scale is down some more but I couldn't eat anything once we got the news. Felt like I had a rock in the pit of my stomach. Still feeling it a bit today but not as bad. My planning gene has taken over.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #915

And I'm down some more again. A number I haven't seen in a few months and only 2lbs away from my lowest at the beginning of summer.

I'm irritated that I seem to have floundered all summer but I have to let that go and be happy that I'm going down.

If I continue at the rate I'm going I could be at my lowest tomorrow. So, I need to be happy about that when the doctor is hammering on me about not losing more.

Then I just need to continue on my journey so that I can fit my fall clothes that I bought (a size smaller) last year and never made it in to. It's time to wear those. Especially since I can't afford to buy anything new.

I told the hubby that since we can't afford a lot of groceries right now while we prepare for next year I'll probably lose a ton of weight. I was just joking but he took it so seriously that we started going round and round with that.

He thinks I'll start starving myself in order to feed him and the kids. Now if that were necessary I would because that's who I am. BUT... It's not that dire and hopefully never will be. It just means that we get what we need and maybe an occasional treat but nothing extra. We won't have diet soda(for him), organic coffee(for me), gluten free organic potato chips(for the kids) when all of that may buy enough meat for a meal. It's just not going to happen.

Besides coffee and soda are not necessities.... no matter how much they feel like it at times.

I can also make the kids homemade chips.

So, no matter what we'll be okay. It's just that things will be a bit tight while I prepare for the worst (not having a job when he gets out) and hope for the best(having one of the big jobs doing the same thing he does now just with better pay).
Old 08-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #916

So the scale was the same today and I'll walk in with about a 10lb loss.

Sounds good on paper but that's 10lbs in 20wks.

So.. not so good actually.

I really wanted at least 20lbs and 40 would have been awesome.

I have to prepare for him to be mean again. I wouldn't go to him if it weren't for the fact that he's one of only two docs that have been willing to listen to me about my thyroid.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #917
Bike Tart

I had my dr. appt. this morning...BP was normal in the office which is unusual...guess the latest meds are doing their job. He thinks the upper arm pain I have is arthritis although I disagree....guess it's time for more research.

Didn't even look at the weight today....too much to do to be thinking about that....will check it later.

My Mom is now officially released from hospice care so I have to make arrangements for a new hospital bed to brought in....Medicare and insurance should cover it....

Went out with some friends last night for dinner and a movie....ate pasta alfredo so I'll pay for that....today I just don't care....

Better get off the computer.....DH bought a new router and needs to get it all hooked up.....

Hope your appt. goes well!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:05 AM   #918

Glad you're BP seems to be doing better.

I was down about 10lbs and only got a small amount of attitude from the doc.

He did up my meds but what ticked me off is that he admitted they should have been upped the last time he saw me according to those blood tests. So this whole time that I was still not feeling quite right he could have helped me feel better.

Anyway, started new ones today and hope that the adjustment period is short.

We celebrated with something really bad (but oh so good) for dinner.

I'm severely swollen this morning but it was worth it.

I was totally surprised with no gain on the scale this morning. So I'm thinking if I hadn't done that dinner out I probably would have been at my low from the beginning of summer. Oops!!

Back on plan and detoxing this weekend. Hopefully I'll see that low on Monday.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #919
Bike Tart

I've had a crappy day...it's all due to the things we need for Mom to be transitioned out of hospice...I feel like we're back to where we were last summer at this time before we got her into hospice. I don't know what we're going to do and we have 2 weeks minus this holiday weekend to get things done.

DH and I went out for lunch because we didn't have time to get home to make a meal....I ate things that I have no business eating....I have book club tonight and will be eating more....I know the menu and there is nothing on plan and I don't care!

I had a talk with an RN in my dr. office about how to get the help I need for Mom and she told me stuff that I didn't want to hear (all regarding the requirements that need to be met to get a new hospital bed)....I don't know how we're going to do it....I cried in the office....I never thought we'd be in this spot again.....I'm so angry and worried and a bundle of a million emotions right now.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:32 AM   #920

Sorry you had a bad day sweetie!! Hope you have a better weekend!!

Scale is up today from swelling. We tried out some new meatballs over spaghetti squash and I think they must have been too high in sodium.

Working on the new budget this weekend. Getting ready for the uncertain future.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:39 AM   #921
Bike Tart

I'm still puffy today but not as bad as expected. Had a fun evening with book club girls and although I ate off plan I didn't overeat....so I'm ok with that.

I am going to go to Mom's today for a while....she vomited twice yesterday and I need to check up on her. The first time I think it was just that her meals were too close together....but then I got a call from Stepfather when I was at book club that she had vomited again it was several hours after the first time. I told him to call the home health care group to come and clean her up.

Not sure what we'll be eating today....DH and DS will be at DS's house doing staining and painting and I'll be at Mom's...don't want to do fast food but we may end up doing that for one meal....
Old 09-02-2013, 04:53 AM   #922

I'm up even more today and this time not sure why other than maybe too much sun....

Shakes, water, etc to get the swelling down and hopefully continue. I really want to end this year under 200lbs.

I also realize I am now in the camp that wants to be "Fit before 40".

2yrs and a long road ahead of me both in my weight/getting healthy area and the "I don't know where we'll be living" area.

This roller coaster ride should be interesting.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #923
Bike Tart

Try not to stress about the future...things will fall into place in the most unexpected ways! I know it's hard to not stress but I was feeling the same as you are now about 10 years ago....it was scary to know he was losing his job and no options in place at the time but we came through much better than we expected and actually better than if we would have stayed where we were....praying that the same will happen to you!

Not going anywhere near a scale....food over the weekend was terrible...ok, it was delicious but nowhere near any kind of plan! Mostly because we didn't have time to be here to cook. I tried to be somewhat careful of portions but didn't succeed at that, either.

The stuff with Mom is making me crazy although yesterday we got some hopeful answers for a few things....we had to have a hospice RN over to check her because she's been coughing a lot. Very nice male nurse that has seen her once before. We told him of our problems and he talked with the hospice doctor and then got back to me with some answers...working on setting up a couple of meetings this week.

DS asked me to make food for the people that are helping with painting and staining at his new house today so I'm off to the store to get ingredients...if I had known this yesterday I could have gotten food while I was out and made it last night....oh well...there goes my morning and most of the afternoon....will stop at Mom's after I drop food off at DS's....need to see how she's doing today...
Old 09-03-2013, 04:30 AM   #924

I hope you can get the stuff with your Mom straight.

I weighed even though I'm so swollen I can barely walk. I'm up 5 of the 10lbs I'd managed to lose for my docs appointment.

Time to get back on track and stop eating so much sodium.

We did the grocery budget the last few days and its going to be a tight year. I'll be working my way through my protein powders, etc in order for the kids to have the good cuts of meat. Not sure what I'll do later but we'll figure it out.

Other than that.... The local schools started today. We start on Thursday and will only have a light 2 day schedule where I explain how the new year will work for us. Then next Monday we'll be full speed ahead. I can't wait.

I have some adjusting to do on the schedule but found it hard to focus while dealing with DH's grief over his job as well as the loss of a family member.

He goes back to work today and I'll start trying to get back in the groove with my regular daily stuff before school starts next week. I also need to decide what to do about gym class since they won't be taking fencing as originally planned.

Time to get back to working out....ugh.....
Old 09-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #925
Bike Tart

So sorry about the loss of the family member....it always seems when there's one thing more is added to it....

Had a busy weekend....didn't get to do anything I had planned on but I survived....more meetings today regarding Mom and getting her the help we need. I just don't know why it can't be less problematic....so many calls and so much confusion from each one. Now we're waiting for the hospice social worker to have her meeting with the hospice staff and see if that doctor will help us....will know more tomorrow night.

I won't even discuss food....at this point I just can't think about it at all....
Old 09-04-2013, 05:43 AM   #926

Thanks sweetie!!

I hear you about not discussing food. I kind of jumped off that wagon yesterday and really don't care. I am still swollen and still the same on the scale. My only reasoning is maybe I'm PMSing with my DD.

What ever it was caused me to go from a really good day to sharing a package of oreos with the family.

I think the PMS and the stress of hubby's job, money issues, etc... got to us all. When I found I had a couple dollars left in the food budget I offered to get the cookies. I should have saved it for next week and rolled it into an extra pound of meat.

Should'a, Could'a, Would'a.....

Isn't it funny that when you know you don't have money for food and need to scrimp and save... All of a sudden you get super hungry. I haven't had a big appetite in a LONG time and all of a sudden this week I'm constantly starving.

Then the other thing is.... My Mom suggested beans and rice. We did that when they had tough times. I occasionally allow white rice because it doesn't affect our autoimmune issues but beans are the big no no. Well, if I'm going to allow cookies..... I could have bought a big bag of beans for the same price.

So, maybe when I'm having those week moments I'll just buy a bag of beans and remind myself just how tight things are.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #927
Bike Tart

It's a good day!!! Mom has been accepted into the Visiting Physicians group and has an appt. for next Tuesday! Yay! Such a huge relief! Now I'm waiting to hear if the hospice dr. will send in a prescription for the new hospital bed...if he does we can get that delivered next Tuesday as well!

Try to not freak out (I know that's easy to say!) about the food budget....start researching frugal low carb....I know there are posts here about it....you may have to eat a lot of eggs, chicken, etc. for a while...frozen veggies are helpful, too....it's not going to be as bad as you imagine it now but it's best to prepare and have a plan...I really think something great will come along when you least expect it and then you'll wonder why you got so stressed!

I'm off to get ready to go to town...have to go to Mom's again...DH has to go do some work at DS's house...then we're going to go buy a new mattress for our bed. I'm thinking the one we have is the source of some of my aches and pains plus it's really old (I think 13-14 years old! Yikes!)...first we're going out to lunch....the Mongolian Grill for stir fry!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:27 AM   #928

Glad you had a good day!!

I chose not to weigh this morning. I need to get a handle on things and I can't do that if I'm stressing over the scale. Not sure how long I'll wait but I need to.

Other than that. Today is the first day of school. So excited!!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #929
Bike Tart

Good Morning! We didn't get a new mattress yet....I think we'll be going today to look for one.

I need to do a pedicure this morning....my pretty pedicure from last month is looking sad....going to do an Epsom salt soak and then re-do my toes....no time to go get a pedicure anytime soon...

I need to get back on plan....I have made bad choices the past week and I know it's all due to what's been going on with Mom....DH said he wants to start doing protein shakes for breakfast so I think I'll do the same....we used to do that all the time. Then we can have our main meal at lunch and for dinner I can eat light....
Old 09-06-2013, 04:42 AM   #930

Scale is up badly.

TMI but I'm having some horrible stomach issues that I'm sure are playing a part.

I'll try to take care of these issues and I'm hoping for a significant loss by next Friday to keep me on schedule for another medical appointment late fall.