Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #871
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Happy Sunday!!

Down quite a bit even though I'm still swollen. So that tells me that the majority of the weight I've been up is swelling. Thank goodness!!

Going to add in some lemon water, tea, etc today to help it out and hopefully get the rest off. I would really like 20lbs off before my endo appointment.

If I can get all the swelling off plus another 10lbs in the next 3.5wks then I should be good to go.

I'm thinking about building a pull up bar in the backyard. Not sure how to go about it but really need to build my upper body strength back up.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #872
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Had a great weekend with the kids and grandkids! It's so quiet without them here.....I really wish they could live closer! We'll see them again in 2 weeks so I have something to look forward to....

We went to the local Renaissance Faire yesterday after the kids left to go home...lots of walking (I'm so sore!)...didn't eat anything there...the lines for food that sounded good were too long!

This week is the low residue diet to prepare for the colonoscopy on Friday....ugh! Bland food with not many selections since I'm trying to stay as low carb as I can....

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #873

Hope the diet and testing goes well.

Down and Up and Down and Up... I'm getting tired of the constant bouncing. I know most of it's my fault but still... I wish I had a normal body that didn't gain on normal calories. {{sigh}}

I have a little over 3wks till my appointment. As long as they don't reschedule yet again. {{rolling eyes}}

I really really wanted at least 20lbs off by then.... It's still doable but jeez it's making me work for it.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:50 AM   #874
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Scale is down a bit more than I expected...haven't weighed in quite a few days....I don't feel like I've lost anything....I hope that this week's food doesn't cause a jump up....

Going to make some eggs for breakfast....lunch will be Dreamfield's spaghetti with a little cheese...DH gets sauce and meatballs, too....I'll have to check the list because I think I can have a few meatballs....dinner will be a baked potato and some cooked carrots and chicken thighs....or maybe it will all change when it's time for the meals. LOL!

Heading to Mom's after breakfast....then home for chores...wondering if we'll ever have anymore summer here....might go in the hot tub this afternoon but it's not warm enough for the pool....I've only been in the pool about 4 or 5 times this summer so far...the weather is not cooperating at all....
Old 08-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #875

Woo Hoo!! on the scale being down. Hope it continues for you in spite of eating differently.

Sorry about your summer being so short. The weather has definitely been different. It takes all summer for the water to warm up at the beach enough for us to "want" to go.

So, we were finally at the point of getting ready to spend some vacation time out there.

Yet the last few days the outside temp has dropped 20 degrees.

Really hope that it goes back up when hubby takes his time off for us.

Scale is interesting these days and I'm honestly considering putting it away again. It's nothing but a downer each day. Maybe I'll go back to once a week weighing for a bit and then stop weighing all together. We'll see......

Just spending my days purging the house of clutter, getting school ready, and trying to have some summer fun with the kiddos in there somewhere.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #876
Bike Tart

Bounce back up....I know it will go away after Friday when I can eat my "normal" again....not going to stress about it.

Not much going on today....tonight is my pedicure...so excited! My feet really need some pampering!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #877

Ugh.... that's about all I have to say... I stay on plan.. I do awesome... and it still goes up.

The thyroid is only slightly swollen but evidently it's swollen enough to be a pain in my booty.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #878
Bike Tart

I really can't wait till tomorrow is over and I can get back to my regular routine and the on plan food.....today is clear liquids...made a good batch of chicken broth to sip on all day so at least I get something reasonably healthy. The list they gave me is so far off plan....all sugary drinks, etc. Yuck! At least the chicken broth is good stuff and I made it myself instead of the processed stuff.

Loved my pedicure and I really think I'm going to make this a regular thing....so much nicer than twisting and turning trying to do it myself! Not an fun thing to do when I'm so fat.

Later this afternoon I have to start the real prep for tomorrow....will have to set laptop at the kitchen table so I'm close to the bathroom!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #879

Wishing you lots of luck tomorrow. I'm very sure you'll be happy when it's all done and over with.

Well after some discussion hubby and I have decided that while visiting family for Thanksgiving that we will FINALLY have our "wedding". We eloped with plans for a big wedding later then ended up pregnant with a honeymoon baby after being told we couldn't have children. Best laid plans.

It'll be right before our 15th wedding anniversary and we'll have everyone that we'd want there already. So it's perfect timing.

Of course the first thing I thought was how I don't want to be fat in my pictures.

So, time to do what ever it takes. I'd like to be no bigger than a size 12. Considering where I'm starting out that is going to be a huge undertaking.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #880
Bike Tart

That's so cool, Dawn!!! We never did a vow renewal but the year of our 25th anniversary there was a special church service that was for members that were married for 20 years or longer and each couple received a special blessing....we did that and my in-laws also did it because it was the year of their 40th anniversary!

I'm sure you'll look great no matter how much progress you make....I know you'll do your best and I'm sending good thoughts that your body cooperates with you!
Old 08-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #881

Was up even more on the scale today and not really sure why at this point other than possibly in relation to the thyroid swelling.

Also woke up with overall swelling that made it hard to close my hands. This was awful because I needed to be able to drive hubby home after an eye appointment with dilation. ugh...

But we made it home... He's doing fine.... and we move on...

Crazy busy weekend ahead with the usual plus final paperwork preparation for the school board on Wednesday. We still haven't received a copy of his diploma and I'm starting to get nervous that we'll have to "beg forgiveness" for it not being attached to the files.

Hoping they'll be kind.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #882
Bike Tart

Hope you get the diploma in time! Your plans for school for the kids sounds so exciting! I would have loved doing school like that!

The procedures are done, obviously....they didn't put me under this time...very uncomfortable procedures! So glad it's over....I have an extra flap of skin in my esophagus that food gets caught on....it sure explains the lump of food stuck feeling that I was getting now and then. He had to stretch my esophagus, too! So now I have a new stomach med that I have to take....hope I don't have any problems with it!

I'm not supposed to do anything today so I'll putz on the computer, read, watch some recorded stuff...maybe nap a bit more....already napped for a couple of hours....DH is working and DS won't be home till later so I'm on my own for a while today!
Old 08-10-2013, 01:06 AM   #883
Bike Tart

It's the middle of the night and I'm up...I've been sleeping about 2 hours at a time and then awake for a couple of hours...sigh.....need to go to bed and hopefully sleep at least 3 or 4 hours if I can.

Need to make food for DS to take to his house....he and friends will start staining all the trim for in the house tomorrow and I offered to send some food....just some "cheeseburger" meat for the crockpot to put on buns....sending some bags of chips, too....if DS wants more than that he has to get it. So I'll make that when I wake up next....will drop it off at his house around lunch time and they can eat whenever they want.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:34 AM   #884

Glad the procedure went well but sorry it's causing you to be awake.

I don't even want to admit the weight I was on the scale today. I almost wrote DNW(did not weigh) in my calendar I note it on. But that would have been a lie to avoid the truth. In reality I weighed and I cried. I am now so far up I'm back up in the previous set of 10's. I am so swollen I feel like my skin is going to bust open on my hands and feet. I need a detox severely so I'm going to attempt that this weekend.

I'm just not sure if I want to do shakes or if I want to do a Fat Fast. I'll have to make that decision by my second coffee since that's usually when I eat something.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #885
Bike Tart

I'm sorry the swelling is so bad....I know just how it feels!

Scale is the same here as it was before I did the liquid diet and the procedures....better than being up, I suppose.

Not sure what I'm eating today...have to make food to take to DS's new house for him and anyone that's helping him there today. He is going to do all the woodwork/trim staining and then next week all the painting inside to save a little money....I offered to feed the helpers...what was I thinking?! LOL! Guess I better get off the computer and get busy in the kitchen!
Old 08-11-2013, 05:35 AM   #886

I am now within kissing distance of my most recent high.

I want to give up... I really do.. I just want to live my life without worrying about every single dang bite of food. I want to be able to enjoy a weekend with my family and not worry about whether or not I'll end it having gained back all the weight I worked so hard to lose. I'm just so tired of this.

I am now at this point the same exact weight I was when I went to the doctor last. I have 18days until my appointment. I will not make my goal of 21lbs before my appointment unless by some miracle this is mostly bloat and swelling.

I'm doing shakes from now on. I just can't handle the idea of food right now. Wish I could afford my special program because I would do that... but it is what it is and I will use what I have on hand...

Okay done venting... I can do this....
Old 08-12-2013, 04:22 AM   #887

Okay starting to go back down... Let's hope this continues...
Old 08-12-2013, 06:03 AM   #888
Bike Tart

I know exactly how you feel.....but we won't give up because we don't have it in us to quit.....we will keep trying over and over....no matter what happens....

I had a bad food weekend....it started with offering to make food for DS and the friends that helped him with staining wood trim at his new house on Saturday...would have been ok if I hadn't made pasta salad....I had some, of course....several times because there was a lot leftover. Then our church festival was yesterday...had pizza and fried dough (at least I didn't eat a whole piece of that! Shared it with MIL).

So now it's hopefully back on plan and forward again....I'm not sure what I'll be eating the next few days...have to go to the store...

Have to go to Mom's in a little while so I better go get some breakfast....eggs today!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:04 AM   #889

Nope we don't ever give up.

I don't know if that's strength or insanity.

Back down in the previous set of 10's thank goodness. Now hopefully I can keep this going for the next 2wks and 2 days.

We drop off the last of the school paperwork tomorrow for the school board. Then we enjoy DH's vacation starting this weekend. Not sure yet what we'll do considering we can't afford to do anything.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #890
Bike Tart

Well, my big plan for staying on plan didn't work well yesterday.....oh, well.....keep moving forward. My feet are puffy from having grains yesterday....it's almost like I could watch them puffing up...

Got my hair cut a bit more today and more highlights so that the gray roots aren't so obvious...she blended colors so well!

Have a headache so I'm going to take it easy for now...
Old 08-14-2013, 04:59 AM   #891

Yes, keep moving forward.

I'm down a smidge more but still swollen. I'm starting to worry about this but I don't have high blood pressure or high resting pulse rate in combo with it so I guess it's okay. More of an inconvenience than anything.

Still working towards that goal for the doc's office and if I can continue on the track I'm on right now. I may be within 10lbs of that goal. So, not too bad I guess.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #892
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I have a roast in the crock pot and am boiling some eggs to make egg salad. Also need to cook some chicken to make chicken salad...

I have my massage today....really need some extra attention on shoulders and upper back today. Very tense....

Now that my busy summer is almost over I am going to concentrate on me! Need to get an exercise plan started and get my food plan on track. I need to get back to basics and go from there.

Off to get a shower, add some pink to my hair and then it will be time to make lunch....after that it's Mom's house for a quick check in and then my massage.....grocery store on the way home.

Need to make some food for traveling to St. Louis so we won't have to stop for fast food....
Old 08-15-2013, 05:21 AM   #893

Roast.... We had that last week....

This week it's been tons of chicken. Gotta luv sales....

I'm still swollen but the scale is gradually coming back down in spite of that. Just hoping it continues.

I've been doing a version of the shakes and lean and green on my own and it seems to be working for now. But you know how that goes with me. Eventually my body hits a wall and I have to change plans.

Exercise is still hit or miss right now but we have to do gym class with the kiddos so I will definitely be getting some movement on a regular basis soon.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:35 AM   #894
Bike Tart

Scale is down despite the puffy feet! I was shocked to say the least!

I really hope to get started again with exercise next week....I'm starting to have visions of kettlebell swings! I'll start off just with swings for now....will add the dvds later on....will also be doing indoor bike time and I need to get out all the sheets for exercises that I got from PT so I can work more on building leg strength....

I don't think I'll ever have a normal sleep pattern again....with DH working this awful shift I just can't seem to get a routine going....I sleep for a while, wake up for a few hours and then sleep more...I'm hoping that once the exercise starts again that I can sleep all night.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:19 AM   #895

Happy Friday!!

Scale is continuing down. Not as much as I would like but at least it's a downward trend.

I'm trying not to be so hung up on the amounts right now.

Even though I really have a general area I want to be in before I see that stupid doc that hassled me about my weight last time.

Never mind that I technically hadn't gained anything. I was up only very slightly because I was on my period. You would think he would have been happy that I wasn't actively gaining.

Anyway, I'm not doing this for him. Though he has a small part because it'll keep him from hassling me and I don't like it when doctors treat me like I'm an idiot.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:17 AM   #896

Happy Weekend!!

Still continuing in a downward trend on the scale.

I wish it were faster but of course I always do.

But I am happy to be losing. 5 more pounds and I'll be in the next set of 10's.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #897
Bike Tart

I know it's hard not to think about what the dr. will say but try not to think about ....not worth the stress! You are doing great!

I, on the other hand, am not doing great....these weekends away are not good for me food wise. Not horrible but not good....

Having such a nice time here! The girls are fun to watch/play with and it really makes me feel good to see what a great father DS is!

Heading home tomorrow....we have plans to come back in a month....
Old 08-18-2013, 05:32 AM   #898

Thanks Hon!!
Easier said than done but I'll try not to let it bother me.

Glad you're having such good times with your family!!

Well, as expected... What comes down must bounce back up at some point. So, today I'm up. But I'm pretty sure I know why.

All this week I hadn't been snacking at night, dinners were eaten earlier and were lighter. I didn't do that last night. Rather, we ate a late heavy dinner plus a midnight snack while watching a movie.

The lighter evenings seem to work for me so I need to continue them.

Other than that... Just trying to work through a relapse of my illness. It causes a lot of fatigue, mental fog, and widespread pain. This of course makes life much more interesting for a while.

I'm hoping it'll be one of my quick recoveries.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:30 AM   #899
Bike Tart

Hope you're feeling better today!

I've got some puffy feet going on today....well, all weekend I had them. I really need to totally cut the grains....I need to start bringing my own food when we go to visit DS/family....I just hate that I feel like I will hurt DIL's feelings if always bring my own food....she really would understand, I'm sure, and she would probably offer to make things for me but I don't want her to have to do extra...she doesn't need that. I'll figure things out.

I think if I can get a few weeks of eating right and exercise I will be able to do better next time I go to see them....I have a month to do this....

Lots to do this week....going to Mom's this morning for meeting with the RN....hoping for pool time later today (my Aunt, cousin and cousin's son are coming over!)....the weather better get warm enough!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:22 AM   #900

Thanks Hon!!
Hope you get the pool time sweetie!! Sorry about the puffy feet. Hope you can get the grains out long enough to see if it makes a difference for you and then keep them out.

After a light dinner and no snacking the scale is back down. Exactly as I expected. Now to keep it going for the next 10 days. I'm still slightly swollen though and at this point I think I need to mention it. No matter how little or how much sodium I have I always wake up swollen. The only difference is if I have a LOT of sodium the day before it takes all day to get rid of the swelling. If I don't have a lot of sodium then the swelling is gone by lunch.

Lots to do today and need to make sure I take my 5 minutes for myself first. So I'm off to do my morning facial steam, listen to my 5 minutes for Mom program and then do my morning chores.